Page 287 of 782 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A faint glowing green swirling mark on a stone is easily seen.
    Ishtar walks over to it, and after a cursory glance to check the immediate area, she kneels down and gently touches the rune. Using magic to test it would cause problems, surely, and yet perhaps through contact she might call to it L without cause for concern.

"So old, and yet the power persists ... who knew to make you ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing Cyanna's, Meagan gives Dash a hard look, then quickly walks towards her sister. "Cyanna, what's out there? What did you see?"

"I'm not sure, it's dark and shadowy, but something did move. A lot of something's were moving out there."
    Heading outside with Dash and Cyanna close behind, they see the mechanical pterosaurs attacking.

Two dozen of these mechanical flying entities swoop down and begin firing lancing beams of energy at those right outside the base.
    Summoning their weapons, the three leap up on top of the building, then using speed, each leaped high up to the creatures, attacking them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Before Sarada could respond to Nevanlinna, a flock of some kind of mechanical creatures swooped in from above and started firing on them. She drove out of the way and quickly flew for cover. "Dammit! Why can't people follow simple instructions?!"

Using ki was probably a bad idea, so she had to improvise. She activated Reflexive Evasion, then dashed into the air. Wielding both katchin knives, she weaved and dodged around the beams cutting through the air and tried to slash the things out of the air.
    Last post curse
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The flying robots are swift, piloting around their attackers with ease. Several of the potent lasers have struck home, and most are sporting scorch marks and bad burns.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar walks over to it, and after a cursory glance to check the immediate area, she kneels down and gently touches the rune. Using magic to test it would cause problems, surely, and yet perhaps through contact she might call to it L without cause for concern.

Touching it this closely, Ishtar realizes while the tune is her age, the power behind whoever made and cast it is far older.

And familiar.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The flying robots are swift, piloting around their attackers with ease. Several of the potent lasers have struck home, and most are sporting scorch marks and bad burns.
    "Ah! God dammit!" Sarada had been hit several times by the quick and nimble robots. She was covered with burns and scorchmarks.

She descended quickly and landed behind a clump of trees for cover. "I swear to Kami, I'm going to find out who attracted those goddamn robots and I'm going to shove my entire goddamn leg up their stupid ass!"

Up close melee only succeeded in nearly getting her turned into swiss cheese. She had to change up her approach or these things weren't going to go away anytime soon. At least while they were still alive.

"There has to be something I can do."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Ah! God dammit!" Sarada had been hit several times by the quick and nimble robots. She was covered with burns and scorchmarks.

She descended quickly and landed behind a clump of trees for cover. "I swear to Kami, I'm going to find out who attracted those goddamn robots and I'm going to shove my entire goddamn leg up their stupid ass!"

Up close melee only succeeded in nearly getting her turned into swiss cheese. She had to change up her approach or these things weren't going to go away anytime soon. At least while they were still alive.

"There has to be something I can do."
    It dawns on her, that I did ethe base, where Meagan was busy storing Wilhelm’s things in capsules, were weapons.

Weapons Wilhelm has used for decades to fight these and other things.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley heard the commotion outside and sighed heavily. "What now?" She stood and walked to the front entrance to have a look outside. She saw several of her allies - including her sister - under siege by a group of airborne robots. "What?"

She felt someone raise their power level a few minutes ago. These automatons must have been attracted by that action and were here to snuff out the source.

She sighed again, then headed back the weapons room to find something that could deal with these nuisances.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Zaofan drops everything and vigorously wipes his hands on his apron before approaching the Id, with the hug plane coming in for a landing. "Erosa! Hah hah! I was wondering when we'd get to hang!" He pats on her on the back, before returning back to his station and picking up the bag of... goodies... on the floor.

He picks up the bag and empties out its contents on the kitchen island. It was certainly something. Between the bloody scraps and the stench, Zaofan winces, but between the son of Bekon and himself, well. "I've never said no to a challenge. For you, Erosa?." But, regardless of his hesitation, he smiles back at Erosa, in genuine honesty. "Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Tell me, how do you feel about cicadas? Courtesy of Chef Totoma here."
    "Cicadas? Ohhh...you mean those really loud things that live in the garden outside sisters home? Been meaning to go out and find one but she doesn't like me hunting around her garden at night.....especially after she found out about that mailman." Erosa chuckled. "I'll try anything new once."

He uncapsuled one set of prepared Cicadas and piled them on a large plate, nudging it over to Parsley. "Here ya go. Stir-fried Cicadas. Got a crunch to 'em, but they taste sorta like shrimp and have plenty of protein." And if there was one thing Saiyans loved, it was protein.
    ".....eh....." Erosa stared at the plate for a moment. "......huh? They're Cicadas? But....they're so LOUD?! How can something that small be so damn loud!"

Around the bunker 4 Etrinas sneezed simultaneously.

Zaofan, a little tired of the cooking, takes a seat on a stool, half standing and half leaning. "Ah, Parsley. Et...ri...na.(?)" He quickly clears his throat to recover his composure. "Welcome to Chez Apocalypse." Without moving from his seat, he waves his open-palmed hands to present everything edible thus far.

He then crosses his arms and tilts his head to the side. "I guess we never had the time to properly celebrate our victory over Jagam. But I suppose this meal could serve many purposes. We designed this meal to help restore our energy and blood loss, and low morale definitely drains energy. You, in particular, suffered a really nasty wound on your throat. So, I'd welcome anyone to eat, really, yourself included."

Zaofan then quietly asks Erosa, "Psst. Hey. What's up with the different color Etrinas? Things got too hectic for me to ask, um, Etrina Prime, I guess, but... I was wondering if you knew anything about that."
    As she ate, she overheard him speaking to the creature crouching on the ground like some kind of animal. He inquired of the miniature Etrina floating around her. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" she spoke. "She's intelligent enough to tell you the reason for her creation. I assume, anyway."
    With that task done, he pours two glasses of water. One for himself, and one for Parsley. While taking a sip, he asks Blue Etrina. "But Parsley is right. Blunt, but right. If I can talk to, well, the Etrina I'm used to, and if you come from her, then I suppose I can ask you, too. Who are you? Where did you come from?"
    "Chez Apocalypse! Once you eat here its all over!" Erosa shouted while smirking.

Blue Etrina was quiet however, giving careful consideration to Zaofan as he changed the direction of his questions to her. "Well....Regarding who I am. I am Etrina...would be the simplest answer for you. I actually do not have a name so to speak. My existence is as an extension of my master.....a Foci. If you wish to designate to me a formal title I suppose I would allow it given your position. I was created from a shard of magicite, a catalyst used in summoning magic...a sort of memory crystal. To explain the finer points would require several decades and an audience with a advanced understanding of magic principle.

Blue Etrina gives a bow. "Does my explanation help, father?"

Retired Overlord

After about twenty to thirty minutes of driving, Wilhelm pulls the Jeep over at the edge of the Cairn Yard.
    Ishtar is quick to slip from the vehicle, and without a word begins scanning the area to search for the closest magic ward, while on the lookout for the undead.

Watching Ishtar example one of the carins up close, Etrina decided to leave her by for now. If anything she had learned from her time with Ishtar, it was to let her work in peace when the time came.

She herself set out to example from of the more damaged examples of the cairns for anything of importance. If anything, one of them would likely be the best sample to bring home with them.

It dawns on her, that I did ethe base, where Meagan was busy storing Wilhelm’s things in capsules, were weapons.

Weapons Wilhelm has used for decades to fight these and other things.
    The weapons have not yet been packed up, Meagan was about to do that next when the attack came.

Landing back on the ground, Meagan calls to her apprentices, "Dash, Cyanna, go back inside and bring out some weapons. You'll find them in that room I was taking you to."

Without a word, the two ran back inside and straight of the armory.

Touching it this closely, Ishtar realizes while the tune is her age, the power behind whoever made and cast it is far older.

And familiar.
    On physically feeling the energy trapped with in the ancient rune, Ishtar nodded slowly. The energy was old yes, but the source was far older. Though ...

"I know you, how ?"

Should no answer be forthcoming, Ishtar will try to draw the energy into herself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

After a few moments of searching, Parsley sighed and decided to take a rifle with her outside. She had no idea how to use it, but it couldn't have been that hard. All she needed to do was point it at the flying robots, aim for where they were going to be the next moment, then pull the trigger.

Simple.

She picked up another rifle and handed it to Sarada just as she was sprinting through the doorway. "Try not to shoot your eye out."

The Saiyan sisters hurried outside, then took up positions in opposite sides of the area. "Let's give this a try. Ready." Parsley readied the rifle in a way that made shooting comfortable - though it wasn't the conventional way to hold a rifle.

"Aim." She chose a target, then tracked its movement until she could predict where it was going to be when she pulled the trigger.

"Fire." She fired a bullet.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Two dozen of these mechanical flying entities swoop down and begin firing lancing beams of energy at those right outside the base.
    Sasheem, interrupted in his meditation by a sudden hostile noise, leapt backwards. "What in the blue hell?!" He exclaimed as new enemies appeared at the base's doorstep. "Dunno where these things came from, but....Sasheem isn't gonna fight 'em on an empty stomach..." the Majin noted turning around and marching back into the bunker to grab some food before heading back out.