Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Time Skip II - Homecoming: Teacher’s Lesson

For most of the day, after leaving the Temple, Meagan simply flew as far as she wanted, briefly stopping by every major city on the planet to survey the conditions of each one and talk to the people there. Among her many thoughts was one that asked what Iris would be doing in this situation. Possibly the same as what she was doing now, though maybe not waiting seven days to do so.

She thought about helping in the repair work but decided it would be best to let her fellow Chromakai handle that. For now, assessing the damage and the conditions, talking to the people and getting a read out on their needs and strengths, would be enough.

That is, until she finally returned to Gin in the late afternoon.

The sun was drifting behind some lazy clouds as the shadows lengthen to meld into other shadows from the city street. Her thoughts were jumbled, bouncing from what learned on her excursion to her training to the groceries she need to pick up before returning to the temple. So deep in thought was she that she nearly jumped into the air upon hearing someone call out her name.

Pausing in mid-step, she looked around then saw five Chromakai approaching her. It took her a moment of reflection before she recognized who they were. It hadn’t been so long since their rescue at the Slavers Asteroid, but each one was looking healthier and stronger than when she first met them.

Giving them a smile and a slight nod, “I’m glad to see you are looking well. I was afraid what happened to you would scar each of you.”

The young woman who spoke was the one Meagan remembered as her personal caretaker after she over exerted herself, Indigo Gypsum. As they approached, Indigo took the lead and addressed her after bowing in return, “Lady Meagan, is it true? The rumors are that you have become the new Guardian.”

Meagan shook her head, “Not exactly. I’m only an apprentice. That means that I may, possibly, someday, become Guardian but for now I’m still learning the ropes. Learning the job, as it was. Is that what brings all of you here to Gin?”

Ebon Aza'lea took a step forward and spoke next, “After you left the hotel I contacted them. When we last saw you, you taught us the basics of Ki and Martial Arts. Since then we have been meeting nearly every day to practice together, to become better. Only…”

Scarlet Fuchsia interrupted him, “Only we don’t really know what we’re doing. It looked so easy when you explained it to us, when we watched the battle, but it’s not, is it?”

Meagan smiled, “It takes training, hard work and someone more experienced to pass on what they know.”

“Then can you teach us? Please?” Indigo looked at her with expectation and uncertainty.

“I don’t know…” Meagan, thinking on this, was about to respond when …

Peach Fuchsia came up to her, “Please?” Her pleading was quickly accompanied by wide eyed looks of anticipation from the rest of the group.

With a laugh, Meagan threw up her hands, “Okay, okay. Tell you what, I will come to Gin twice a week while I am here and teach you what I can. You have to promise to practice on your own, if any of you fall too far behind, I will drop you, understand?”

The five Chromakai cheered, then thanked her profusely.

“Tomorrow, meet me at Cutters Field, just outside town at high sun. Be prepared for some serious training.”

The five nodded, then bowed, “Thank you Lady Meagan.”

“First Lesson, as long as I am your teacher, your mentor, you will address me as Sensei.”

They looked at each other confused, until Coral Trillium asked the question on each of their minds, “What does Sensei mean?”

“It’s a word used on Earth, a respectful way of addressing a teacher. Especially one who teaches Martial Arts.”

A collection of ‘Ahs’ and nods was then followed by a unison address, “Thank you, Sensei.”

“Good, now go get ready for tomorrow, I have to do some shopping.”

The five then ran off, waving at her as they did. Once they were gone, Meagan continued to the grocer to pick up some food and supplies before heading back to the temple.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-27-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.