Page 702 of 782 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712752 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Now, full truth all: where are the remains of Glacia and Haru right now?
    Ochazuke placed Glacia in a capsule, and Jack did the same with Haru
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Now, full truth all: where are the remains of Glacia and Haru right now?
    No Super 13 for you.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Not really. Icel’s Kingdom was taken ic er, his people butchered and his body broken. Instead of killing him, his enemies left him there to rot amidst the ruins of his people and throne.”

He smiles.

“But we are so very hard to kill. Icel.....survived. Do you know how?”
    "Hmph...sheer force of will perhaps?" Blizzar inquired, slightly interested in this story in case it applied at all to his timeline, though still wary of why it was brought up at all. "Ah, on second thought...was it hatred? The hatred of his enemies and a desire for vengeance?" He asked, recalling his people's penchant to hold onto a grudge.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held smiled as the Gem was revealed, overflowing chaotic power nestled within it.

His smile faded, as he realized it was sealed by an unbreakable construct, and even if he were able to find a way past the Katchin safe--Even if he could somehow transmute the material-- the containment field around it would make things quite difficult.

If Incenio had went through the trouble to find such a safe, it was unlikely whatever containment field he had put around it was a simple matter to bypass. Held dare not test it, yet. Even more telling was the fact that Held had detected no security at all past this point. It was only this single object that Incenio cared about?

"Althena....." Held said as he scratched his head, his eyes still focused on the energy field, "Tell Blizzar we found the gem...But it has some sort of energy barrier around it, and the safe itself is Katchin...It probably has some sort of code to unlock both."

I don't know Incenio nearly well enough to figure out the code to this sort of thing...Maybe Blizzar has an idea...

The Nevadian studied the energy field, glancing at it, as he followed it from beginning to end, attempting to figure out what was projecting it.

"I don't think we should tamper with it." He said with a sigh, before glancing at Chris, "Unless you have any ideas?"

Even if I wanted to, there would have to be one hell of a distraction to even risk it.
    There is a small device within the safe projecting the field.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No Super 13 for you.

*Runs away to plan something else.*
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Hmph...sheer force of will perhaps?" Blizzar inquired, slightly interested in this story in case it applied at all to his timeline, though still wary of why it was brought up at all. "Ah, on second thought...was it hatred? The hatred of his enemies and a desire for vengeance?" He asked, recalling his people's penchant to hold onto a grudge.
    Incenio smiles.

“Not quite. He discovered something rather....dark, about our people. Beyond even our indomitable will and ability to hold grudges. See, we can survive in just about any environment. We can survive without food and water for weeks, even months. We can even survive in lava or out in space. Icel’s enemies knew this, and so they took every bit of food and water from within hundreds of miles of his throne room. They then broke his legs, his arms, his tail, and left him a cripple to waste away until he starved to death. A slow death indeed.”

Incenio takes another drink.

“But Icel survived. Past a month. Past two months even. No drink, no food, nothing. Until it finally got to be too much. Do you know what he did when he finally snapped, Blizzar?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Lets leave it alone for now and see what’s on the bottom level.”

Chris heads towards the elevator one more time to go to the last level.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

There is a small device within the safe projecting the field.
    "Of course." Held said with a sigh as he worked out the trick to the field.

"You have to turn off the field to get through the Katchin, but you have to get through the Katchin to turn off the field."

Held tilted his head, nodding slightly. "It's a pretty good idea, I'll give him that."

“Lets leave it alone for now and see what’s on the bottom level.”

Chris heads towards the elevator one more time to go to the last level.
    "..Yeah...." Held followed suit, giving the safe a final glance.

"Now that you mention it, I would have expected Incenio to keep his most valuable treasure on the final floor, but here it is...What the hell would be downstairs?"

Solarius nods.

“Indeed. Another time, Captain.”

The silver glow vanishes from his eyes as the normal man takes over again, the spirit at rest. Solarius jumps back and energy pools into his hands.

“Arcadia’s..........”
    "Heh, looks like you're ready for a beam battle... too bad..."

A smirk overtook him as Charco broke from his firing stance, instead, he now rushed the now charging Solarius. Combining the dual orbs of energy he had gathered into one hand, he crushed the united energy with a clench of his fist. Seeping through his fingers and thumb, the weeping ki resembled a gnarled-claw whose shape was further refined once that hand opened once more. Reaching his opponent, Charco thrust his hand forth, seeking to grab him with his Spino Grasp.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 03-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Incenio smiles.

“Not quite. He discovered something rather....dark, about our people. Beyond even our indomitable will and ability to hold grudges. See, we can survive in just about any environment. We can survive without food and water for weeks, even months. We can even survive in lava or out in space. Icel’s enemies knew this, and so they took every bit of food and water from within hundreds of miles of his throne room. They then broke his legs, his arms, his tail, and left him a cripple to waste away until he starved to death. A slow death indeed.”

Incenio takes another drink.

“But Icel survived. Past a month. Past two months even. No drink, no food, nothing. Until it finally got to be too much. Do you know what he did when he finally snapped, Blizzar?”
    This morbid tale had to have a point. From the sounds of it, it wasn't leading anywhere pleasant.

"I'm afraid I'm all out of guesses. Trivia is the only game in this establishment I can't win, it seems," Blizzar chuckled. "But please, do tell."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Across the planet, some few others also intercepted the blasts. Samson Balon, the last Tiger, Adam, Shiro and Midori, Jack, Kai, etc.......(one mysteriously vanishes that was headed to Capital City. Grinthorn smiled at it).

Between a list of allies and antagonists, the cities are spared.

Koolard, however..........

Perhaps he would have had a chance to block or dodge, but a certain Majin had distracted his focus at just the wrong time. The Spirit Bomb strike strue, right into his back, and a massive explosion engulfs the hybrid.

When the light fades away, the hybrid cannot be seen or sensed.

But neither does the chaff. The detonation and Sasheem’s grinding across it has caused a catestophic chain reaction. The chaff cannot resist so much damage and eventually just....expires.
    With a brilliant blue flash from Ochazuke's energy blast of special property and portent, the hybrid creature was gone. Just vanished without a trace.

More optimistic people would have assumed he was killed in the blast - as it, plus the Majin's timely assistance eliminated the chaff above them. Some may have hoped he was dead, since if he survived an attack like that, he would have been too powerful for even the Super Saiyans to withstand. Not to say that they were overwhelmingly more powerful than him before.

Parsley's eyes narrowed as she focused on the area where she last saw the creature. Perhaps it was dead and she was just paranoid. Or, perhaps she was hoping it was still alive. Either way, she refused to believe it until she saw some kind of evidence to the contrary.

Observational Focus narrowed its gaze to that area in hopes of finding some clue to its fate.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

This morbid tale had to have a point. From the sounds of it, it wasn't leading anywhere pleasant.

"I'm afraid I'm all out of guesses. Trivia is the only game in this establishment I can't win, it seems," Blizzar chuckled. "But please, do tell."
    Incenio grins.

“He finally went to the only source of food possible: his dead servants. More specifically, their tails. And lo and behold, he discovered a most remarkable thing, when the tail of an Arcosian is eaten, it power boosts the one who eats it. In non-Arcosians it can effect their minds and mutate their bodies as well, but in our own race it does...remarkable things, power wise. In the end, he regained enough power from this to heal and went on a rampage that destroyed his enemies.”

He smiles as he turns and looks at Blizzar, and the GP officer finds he cannot move at all. His entire body seems paralyzed save his mouth to breathe and speak. He also notices that his ki is being restricted. Incenio’s left eye swirls in a bastardized Shingan pattern, holding Blizzar in place.

“I’ve also found that certain other races bequest unique abilities if....consumed. Nevadian eyes, for instance. Such powerful things. But it has been a very long time since I’ve eaten another Arcosian’s tail. You’ll surely boost me into my next transformation, Blizzar. You have my thanks.”

He tk’s Blizzar’s body up and starts moving the two of them to the door.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The third level opens up to a dark room. Stepping out, lights flick on and a horror show greats Chris, Held, and Althena.

Bodies floating in green liquid filled tubes, dozens of them, greet their eyes on one side. On the other, a row of dissection tables. Amongst the tables are reports and computers running various tests on the bodies in the tubes. On two tables are dead bodies, one a Nevadian with their eyes missing and another that appears to be a Namekian without a head.

Both appear to have been killed with a single energy burn through the chest into their hearts.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Uh oh...real quick, does Blizzar's own tk work?

OT: Uh oh...real quick, does Blizzar's own tk work?
    Maybe. Try it out.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM