Page 717 of 782 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The spear punches into him, Incenio grunting.

He doesn’t seem all that worried.

He grips the spear, ripping it out, and casts it back at Held even harder.
    Blizzar wanted to end this quickly if possible, to discern what type of poison Incenio could've possibly infected him with...might as well ask, in fact. "You seem the monologusing type, Incenio. Mind being a good sport for once and telling me what you've infected me with?"

Not yet waiting for an answer, Blizzar leaped above Incenio, directing a ki covered punch towards the top of his skull. His 'Supernova Straight' punch. Pehaps counterintuitive to answering his query, but he couldn't waste an opportunity NOT punching this insufferable cretin, now could he?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Affirmative." Mr. Gazaki said.
    "Perfect." Parsley happily patted the robot on the head, then straightened up. "I'm going to ask your creator if we can borrow you tonight. I'll see you later."

She had been intending on just doing it all herself, but this was so much better. Plus, that little robot thing was finally going to prove itself useful. It didn't appear to be combat-oriented anyway, so this was much more up its alley, so to speak.

"Qaztoh," she said when she found the Toadian Princess, "I'd like to borrow your robot for the night."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OOC: in case this was missed.
    “Do it.” She growls, staring hard at Incenio.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar wanted to end this quickly if possible, to discern what type of poison Incenio could've possibly infected him with...might as well ask, in fact. "You seem the monologusing type, Incenio. Mind being a good sport for once and telling me what you've infected me with?"

Not yet waiting for an answer, Blizzar leaped above Incenio, directing a ki covered punch towards the top of his skull. His 'Supernova Straight' punch. Pehaps counterintuitive to answering his query, but he couldn't waste an opportunity NOT punching this insufferable cretin, now could he?
    Incenio’s eyes bulge slightly as the blow rams his head into the ground. Sadly, he recovers preternaturally fast and plants a kick in Blizzar’s chest that cracks a few ribs and sends him into the other GP officer and the Promethean.

“Just a little bit of Toadian and Reptilians poison mixed together. Highly corrosive to the blood. Starts with dizziness and ends in death soon enough.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

The spear punches into him, Incenio grunting.

He doesn’t seem all that worried.
    It was a true shot, the spear finding its way into the very core of Incenio's being.

It also was completely ineffective, judging from the non-plussed expression on the face of Incenio.

"....Seriously?" Held muttered, half incredulous.

Is he really that stron---

He grips the spear, ripping it out, and casts it back at Held even harder.
    For the slightest of seconds, Held was dumbstruck. It had finally happened. He had expected that, at some point in his career, it was possible--nay, probable--but it was still an odd sensation for the Nevadian to adjust to, when it actually occured. It was one thing to experience it in training, or to deal have similar situations on the field of battle.

But, it was still somewhat of a shock to experience it during a life or death struggle.

Someone had actually thrown his spear back. At him.

It was humbling, in a way.

It was also incredibly insulting, and a sense of indignation arose at the same time as his instincts took hold.

His body shifted to the right, removing himself from the path of the projectile, as his arm lashed out, gripping the spear towards the end of its shaft as it shot past like a bolt of lightning.

It was far too powerful for Held to stop. It was determined the second he grasped the weapon. And so he made no attempt to do so.

Piercing Horn!

His Ki flared as he spun in a tight circle, seeking to guide, to redirect, rather than halt the pole-arm. It rotated around his body, cleaving the air around it as it did so, the centrifugal force increasing the potency of an already quite potent attack.

It took less than a second for the Nevadian to complete his circle, adding his strength to Incenios own, before the spear was loosed once more towards the abomination, now flowing with energy.
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-25-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    It was a true shot, the spear finding its way into the very core of Incenio's being.

It also was completely ineffective, judging from the non-plussed expression on the face of Incenio.

"....Seriously?" Held muttered, half incredulous.

Is he really that stron---

For the slightest of seconds, Held was dumbstruck. It had finally happened. He had expected that, at some point in his career, it was possible--nay, probable--but it was still an odd sensation for the Nevadian to adjust to, when it actually occured. It was one thing to experience it in training, or to deal have similar situations on the field of battle.

But, it was still somewhat of a shock to experience it during a life or death struggle.

Someone had actually thrown his spear back. At him.

It was humbling, in a way.

It was also incredibly insulting, and a sense of indignation arose at the same time as his instincts took hold.

His body shifted to the right, removing himself from the path of the projectile, as his arm lashed out, gripping the spear in the center of the its shaft as it shot past like a bolt of lightning.

It was far too powerful for Held to stop. It was determined the second he grasped the weapon. And so he made no attempt to do so.

Piercing Horn!

His Ki flared as he spun in a tight circle, seeking to guide, to redirect, rather than halt the pole-arm. It rotated around his body, cleaving the air around it as it did so, the centrifugal force increasing the potency of an already quite potent attack.

It took less than a second for the Nevadian to complete his circle, adding his strength to Incenios own, before the spear was loosed once more towards the abomination, now flowing with energy.
    It slams into Incenio, taking him off his feet and pinning him to the wall, destroying the elevator controls in the process. Grunting, he once more rips his way off the spear, his wound closing rapidly.

Like a Namekian’s would.

Incenio leaves the spear in the wall and glares.

“Nice try, fool, but I’m harder to kill than that.”

He TK slams Held backwards.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The remnants of energy are familiar.

Marduk.

Her cousin. Not one from another timeline, but the one from this timeline. The one who’s arm she claimed.
    The heart clutched in Ishtar's hand ... the one all but dripping with Runic Time. The taste of it was familiar ... more than simply a passing acquaintance she knew the craftsman who had thrown hands in with the Doctor; and after a moment of searching her golden-eyes widened with the realization.

“Ishtar.”

The gravely voice is filled with disdain.

“Off your chain I see.”
    The Oni who she had come to blows with over the fate of an Oni child. The Oni who had lost his arm, at the hands of a Robot with a measure of influence over the flow of time.

"Marduk."

That made no sense, however, in the moment she made the realization. As long as she had known her cousin, the Kinslayer ... he'd never been possessed of the ability to bend time. Even further still, the Oni had never known the monster to throw his hands in with those who could not offer him what he wanted. Which meant the Doctor had made him an offer he was loathe to pass up.

Though ...

"What did he offer you, I wonder ? An arm. A meal worthy of your atten-" Ishtar stopped short, when she realized what the Doctor might have offered. An Oni ... or two.

"Ah ... an Oni, or two. Perhaps those he yet has business with ?"

A problem ... a bother ...

All the same, it was the runes she was interested in for the moment; so setting aside yet another matter to be dealt with in time, the Oni attempted to see if the energy signature they left behind could be traced ... or perhaps even copied.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incenio’s eyes bulge slightly as the blow rams his head into the ground. Sadly, he recovers preternaturally fast and plants a kick in Blizzar’s chest that cracks a few ribs and sends him into the other GP officer and the Promethean.
    Blizzar coughs slightly. He hoped it wasn't blood. He checked the floor...ah, there it was. Of course.

“Just a little bit of Toadian and Reptilians poison mixed together. Highly corrosive to the blood. Starts with dizziness and ends in death soon enough.”
    "You...you meant to say, you've poisoned me with...with?" Blizzar began to stammer, a bit of laughter, echoing in his voice

"You say I'm going to die..because..hehheh...because of bloody....Ohohoho..." he trailed off, cackling madly a bit. He slowly stood up, using the GP officer, the first time Blizzar realized he was among others on the force so to speak.

He stood to his feet, staggering in his steps his body hanging almost limply towards the ground. "Then....you are quite mistaken....my friend," Blizzar answered, seat pouring down his face as he began to violently punch...himself. In the chest, the arm , his hand still coated in ki.

Blizzar retracted his face plate to let Incenio stilled his bloody smile.

This was far from first time he was told he was going to die. When he stared out as an amateur, underground no holds barred fights marked the end of many a young pugilist's life, but he still managed to persevere.

He'd been beaten up far worse for far less. By his own people half the time. To let this...whelp claim his own life through the use of....disgusting poison and other stolen abilities was disgraceful! If you cannot cheat with your own power, why play the game at all?!

"You...repulsive whelp...do not mistake me for our overly posh brethren..." Blizzar coughed with a smirk, finally ceasing to psyche himself up with the blows to his own chest.. "Full of themselves...and undeserving of their status....I didn't crawl out from the muck to be killed by the likes of you!" The Arcosian Lieutenant stated, his power level flaring as much as he could let it in it's current state.

He then began to shadowbox, taking a proper stance as he should've when this fight began. It felt as if it had been a long time since he had to put in a decent amount of effort. And against a third form ragamuffin too. "We're going to do this properly..." he stated, huffing with each punch. "Held...I'm going to need you to get that weapon back...and punch a while in this bloody parasite one more time..."

Astonishing Member

It slams into Incenio, taking him off his feet and pinning him to the wall, destroying the elevator controls in the process. Grunting, he once more rips his way off the spear, his wound closing rapidly.

Like a Namekian’s would.

Incenio leaves the spear in the wall and glares.

“Nice try, fool, but I’m harder to kill than that.”

He TK slams Held backwards.
    The slight shimmer of the air was all the warning the Nevadian had, before a wave of unseen energy erupted, sending him flying back, skipping on the hard basement floor like a stone. A numbness persisted for a moment, before it was replaced with a dull, throbbing pain.

Despite himself, he lay on the ground, struggling to all fours, the ringing in his ears slowly fading with every breath he took.

What? How the hell did that happen? Was it in our drinks?

He slowly rose up unto a knee, using the moment to gather himself.

No...I would have noticed, or been affected....It must have been during the struggle that led them here..

That complicated things. There was a time frame, suddenly. Held could only hope--

Blizzar coughs slightly. He hoped it wasn't blood. He checked the floor...ah, there it was. Of course.
    --And that hope was denied.

****. I should have never left him alone. This was my miscalculation.

A slight dread began to seep into the Nevadians mind. Incenio somehow seemed to be able to match the both of them together, and had rigged the deck in his favor. How he had healed so casually, flesh emerging from the deep hole in his body like a Namekian, the Shingan in his eyes, this entire enterprise apparently to enhance his own power.

By contrast, He and Blizzar had two simple goals: The Gem, and Credits. Could that simple goal meet up with the resolve of a creature who would gleefully butcher others for a chance at--

At what? It was no doubt for power, but the specfics evaded the Nevadian. They did not prepare for a situation like this; They stumbled into it.

"You...you meant to say, you've poisoned me with...with?" Blizzar began to stammer, a bit of laughter, echoing in his voice

"You say I'm going to die..because..hehheh...because of bloody....Ohohoho..." he trailed off, cackling madly a bit. He slowly stood up, using the GP officer, the first time Blizzar realized he was among others on the force so to speak.
    Oh no...Don't tell me he's snapped. The last thing we need is to loose our cool, Blizzar...

He stood to his feet, staggering in his steps his body hanging almost limply towards the ground. "Then....you are quite mistaken....my friend," Blizzar answered, seat pouring down his face as he began to violently punch...himself. In the chest, the arm , his hand still coated in ki.

Blizzar retracted his face plate to let Incenio stilled his bloody smile.

This was far from first time he was told he was going to die. When he stared out as an amateur, underground no holds barred fights marked the end of many a young pugilist's life, but he still managed to persevere.

He'd been beaten up far worse for far less. By his own people half the time. To let this...whelp claim his own life through the use of....disgusting poison and other stolen abilities was disgraceful! If you cannot cheat with your own power, why play the game at all?!

"You...repulsive whelp...do not mistake me for our overly posh brethren..." Blizzar coughed with a smirk, finally ceasing to psyche himself up with the blows to his own chest.. "Full of themselves...and undeserving of their status....I didn't crawl out from the muck to be killed by the likes of you!" The Arcosian Lieutenant stated, his power level flaring as much as he could let it in it's current state.

He then began to shadowbox, taking a proper stance as he should've when this fight began. It felt as if it had been a long time since he had to put in a decent amount of effort. And against a third form ragamuffin too. "We're going to do this properly..." he stated, huffing with each punch. "Held...I'm going to need you to get that weapon back...and punch a while in this bloody parasite one more time..."
    The Nevadian smirked, now fully risen to his feet. Had he not been so focused on the battle, he would have breathed a sigh of relief. Incenio's ploy didn't seem to weaken the resolve of the Officer...It seemed to motivate him, more than anything else. It was still a game to be won, a competition to prove superior at.

You had me worried for a second...

Motivation was contagious, if nothing else.

"You're the type who doesn't like to lose either, huh?"

He closed his eyes for the briefest of moments, breathing deeply as energy flowed through his body, his hands open, palms facing towards the enemy.

His eyes opened once more, his gaze calm, focused only on his objective.

"I suppose it's why we seem to get on so well."
    Last edited by Miburo; 03-25-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The slight shimmer of the air was all the warning the Nevadian had, before a wave of unseen energy erupted, sending him flying back, skipping on the hard basement floor like a stone. A numbness persisted for a moment, before it was replaced with a dull, throbbing pain.

Despite himself, he lay on the ground, struggling to all fours, the ringing in his ears slowly fading with every breath he took.

What? How the hell did that happen? Was it in our drinks?

He slowly rose up unto a knee, using the moment to gather himself.

No...I would have noticed, or been affected....It must have been during the struggle that led them here..

That complicated things. There was a time frame, suddenly. Held could only hope--

--And that hope was denied.

****. I should have never left him alone. This was my miscalculation.

A slight dread began to seep into the Nevadians mind. Incenio somehow seemed to be able to match the both of them together, and had rigged the deck in his favor. How he had healed so casually, flesh emerging from the deep hole in his body like a Namekian, the Shingan in his eyes, this entire enterprise apparently to enhance his own power.

By contrast, He and Blizzar had two simple goals: The Gem, and Credits. Could that simple goal meet up with the resolve of a creature who would gleefully butcher others for a chance at--

At what? It was no doubt for power, but the specfics evaded the Nevadian. They did not prepare for a situation like this; They stumbled into it.

Oh no...Don't tell me he's snapped. The last thing we need is to loose our cool, Blizzar...

The Nevadian smirked, now fully risen to his feet. Had he not been so focused on the battle, he would have breathed a sigh of relief. Incenio's ploy didn't seem to weaken the resolve of the Officer...It seemed to motivate him, more than anything else. It was still a game to be won, a competition to prove superior at.

You had me worried for a second...

Motivation was contagious, if nothing else.

"You're the type who doesn't like to lose either, huh?"

He closed his eyes for the briefest of moments, breathing deeply as energy flowed through his body, his hands open, palms facing towards the enemy.

His eyes opened once more, his gaze calm, focused only on his objective.

"I suppose it's why we seem to get on so well."
    "Indeed..." Blizzar nodded, chuckling slightly. Ever so briefly the Nevadian would see his eyes dart over towards the spear embedded in the wall. However it was utilized...it could be of great use against Incenio if they played their cards right. "And I never let an adversary walk away from a bet," He continued, glaring at Incenio and pounding his fists together. "Just poor form...."

With that, Blizzar began to make as dash for Incenio, bobbing and weaving to and fro. "Held...a follow up attack, if you will!" The Arcosian asked, searching for an opening and when and if he found one, reared his left arm back and launched a, "REPULSOR...UPPER!" at the chin of their foe.

Retired Overlord

With the situation currently under control, and some amount of levelheadedness returning to Etrina, the mage was preparing to make her way towards the kitchen to make sure her fami....sister was truly alright. As it turned out she didn't need to travel far.

Erosa herself turned the corner, at least one of her younger forms, carrying something carefully in a small baggie. With a quick glance cast across the mess all over the area, she settled on Etrina, flashed a smile and started bounding over to meet the group.

"Hey Hey! I figured you guys were still here...I brought some snacks from theHurgh!" Faster then even a blur of motion, as if the time in between can been skipped entirely, and Erosa was locked in the firm embrace of her other half. "Ahhh....ahah.....please...not to tight....you'll crush the muffins...."

"Be quiet, you idiot." Etrina mumbled and hugged tighter. "....Just........don't be so reckless....."

As the tension finally dying down, the two sisters embracing quietly....the mark that had governed Erosas forehead faded quietly from sight, and the malevolent aura died to a whisper as her body returned slowly to normal.

"......eheh......ehehe.....Sis, I thought I was suppose to be the modest one..." Erosa chuckled.

"....I said stop talking.....I need this after the scare you gave me..."

"No....ero.....I mean your..."

"I said shut up...."

Erosa shifted nervously, glanced around at the others and then back to Etrina.

".....Your naked ero...."

"I said shut....."

There was a long and ackward pause. For the first time Etrina realized that apart from the Id's warmth....she was suddenly surprising cold.

".....Huh....Ahhh........Ehhhhhh......" Etrina glanced down, her formerly majin like body had returned to its normal human form.......sans whatever she had been wearing prior.

"GAHH! Nobody look!!" Etrina grabbed Erosa and used her as a idshield to cover her front, the id holding her package out to avoid damaging it. "None of you saw anything you hear....none of you!"

"I SAW IT!" Helena Blavatsky proclaimed as she turned the corner. "What sort of foolery has been going on uGUH!" Helena took one look, her angle allowing a unobstructed side view of the mage....and ejected at least a quarter of her own blood supply as she was propelled back past lillet and into a sprawled mess on the ground.

"M...Master!" Lillet shouted, quickly pulling out medical supplies and rushing to her aid, passing only a blushed side glance at the scene but focusing strictly on her master to avoid getting involved for the time being.

“Do it.” She growls, staring hard at Incenio.

Althena starts healing Eonoki and a yellow light starts shining down on Eonki's body.

OOC: Limits to Althena's healing. One it can't cure some one of poison she has other ability that does that, Two it can not cure people of diseases , Three it can not regrow a person's missing limbs if they have been severed, and four it can not heal fatal wounds.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Perfect." Parsley happily patted the robot on the head, then straightened up. "I'm going to ask your creator if we can borrow you tonight. I'll see you later."

She had been intending on just doing it all herself, but this was so much better. Plus, that little robot thing was finally going to prove itself useful. It didn't appear to be combat-oriented anyway, so this was much more up its alley, so to speak.

"Qaztoh," she said when she found the Toadian Princess, "I'd like to borrow your robot for the night."
    Qaztoh is sitting around her sixteen of inventions which includes some kind of microwave , hover boots , a tape recorder device , a sound amplifier , a voice modulator , Automatic Vacuum cleaner , Automatic popcorn disperser , a universal translator and two different types of 3D glasses, and a device that discharges electricity " Yeah sure go ahead," Qaztoh said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Those arriving at the area outside the kitchen would find makeshift area set up with tables and chairs, thankfully far enough away from the battle to avoid any major damage. What was more eye drawing however.....was a long stocked table immediately to the side from the tables stocked from one end to the other with a delightfully varied assortment of pastries and pies.

"Welcome to Cafe Rosa." Adult Erosa stood at the front, draped in a maid uniform and carrying a menu.....done in crayon but generally legible. "Please have a seat anywhere, We'll be happy to service you."

Two to the Erosas, the Pupa and the Larva, stood at the table wearing shades and looking akin to security. The Mother Erosa carried trays in both hands ready to transport the pies as they were requested. Egg Erosa was rolling around on the floor batting a ball and being generally adorable.
    A slow clap could be heard from the hallway as the caped chef turns the corner.

"Well done, Cafe Rosa. Well done. You have outdone yourselves!"

Of course, if Zaofan had a beard, he would be clearer about his approval:

Astonishing Member

"Indeed..." Blizzar nodded, chuckling slightly. Ever so briefly the Nevadian would see his eyes dart over towards the spear embedded in the wall. However it was utilized...it could be of great use against Incenio if they played their cards right. "And I never let an adversary walk away from a bet," He continued, glaring at Incenio and pounding his fists together. "Just poor form...."

With that, Blizzar began to make as dash for Incenio, bobbing and weaving to and fro. "Held...a follow up attack, if you will!" The Arcosian asked, searching for an opening and when and if he found one, reared his left arm back and launched a, "REPULSOR...UPPER!" at the chin of their foe.

The only acknowledgement given was Held beginning his his own attack in earnest, dashing away...from..(?) the fray, shards of glass being blasted back as he away from their position.

Gallop!

Energy errupted from his legs, and Held shot forth with dizzying speed. He easily could have cleared the table that rested before him, if that were his wish. Instead, he contented himself to land on it for a moment, before jumping from it, launching himself towards the higher corner of the spacious basement far behind the two Acrosians. The table briefly creaked in protest of its use as he landed upon it, before it was completely splintered by the the sheer force of Helds departure.

He collided, arms first against the wall, he elbows bending slightly as he gathered strength and energy, blue ki enveloping him. He pushed against the wall, and shot forth like a cannon.

Unicorn Knows No Restraint!

The wall fractured against the eruption of power as Held spiraled through the air diagonally towards Incenio, poised to mush his skull into pulp. Or, if the Nevadian was unfortunate enough to miss, he would likely end up behind the enemy, allowing himself and Blizzar to attack from two angles, front and back.