Page 218 of 782 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking up at him, she closed her eyes slightly, "It takes a lot of effort to control it." She then opened her eyes and sighed, "Only been using it a few weeks, took that long just to learn how. I don't think my brain is wired to handle so much input. I'm not a genus like Lady Iris was, no where close, it's .... overwhelming."
    "A large effort expended, yes, but certainly not wasted," he said, "But straining that uncertain sense to unravel the mystery of the Room...well."

Ochazuke folded his arms before him.

"It is like hearing notions of 'colour' in the total darkness of a cave, then emerging to face the light of the sun directly," he continued, "What subtle distinctions can be made in illumination when to untrained eyes everything is blinding?"

He tilt his head forward, and as he did so he examined there the condition of Meagan's energy.

"Yet even within searching for particulars, sometimes even the means to focus can be a limitation," he said. "Are you able to open it now?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Sis got sick again, like back in the Temple." Cyanna, sounding concerned.

"I may have overdone it, that's all", Meagan, speaking weakly.

Dash looked like she wasn't so sure, "Sure that Iris would have given you a power that makes you sick?"

"Iris couldn't know." Meagan took a deep breath, "See, I'm feeling better already."
    Jinzi frowns, but nods and places a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

“Take it easy.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "A large effort expended, yes, but certainly not wasted," he said, "But straining that uncertain sense to unravel the mystery of the Room...well."

Ochazuke folded his arms before him.

"It is like hearing notions of 'colour' in the total darkness of a cave, then emerging to face the light of the sun directly," he continued, "What subtle distinctions can be made in illumination when to untrained eyes everything is blinding?"

He tilt his head forward, and as he did so he examined there the condition of Meagan's energy.

"Yet even within searching for particulars, sometimes even the means to focus can be a limitation," he said. "Are you able to open it now?"
    She closed her eyes, then the sigil appeared on her forehead....then faded away again. Looking back at him, "I'll try again." The second time she did, the eye opened, it's iris shown with an Iridescence of colors. The eye, however, only remained open for a few minutes before closing again.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-19-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi frowns, but nods and places a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

“Take it easy.”
    Smiling at him, "Yes, but not for long. Jagam and his Priestess are arriving by tomorrow."

She closed her eyes, then the sigil appeared on her forehead....then faded away again. Looking back at him, "I'll try again." The second time she did, the eye opened, it's iris shown with an Iridescence of colors. They eye, however, only remained open for a few minutes before closing again.
    A corner of his mouth curled upward as Ochazuke chuckled noiselessly. Then with a soft exhale, from where the field of his Battle Meditation intersected with Meagan's own subtle aura, he applied Kei'i-Ken, guiding her sense-awareness with an increase to its efficacy as he imparted a portion of his willpower to bolster her own.

"Don't force yourself to strain meaning from what you see. Simply be aware of it," he said. "Of the moment here upon the Lookout. What do you see?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A corner of his mouth curled upward as Ochazuke chuckled noiselessly. Then with a soft exhale, from where the field of his Battle Meditation intersected with Meagan's own subtle aura, he applied Kei'i-Ken, guiding her sense-awareness with an increase to its efficacy as he imparted a portion of his willpower to bolster her own.

"Don't force yourself to strain meaning from what you see. Simply be aware of it," he said. "Of the moment here upon the Lookout. What do you see?"
    The Eye opened once again, only this time it was easier to do, more natural. Looking around, "My natural eyes see the physical world, but, overlying it I see the energies like waves flowing around, and through, and extending outward. Shadowing each other but not intersecting except within us."

Closing her eyes, all three, the third one vanishes again. Looking up, "I don't know what you did, but thank you. There was no headache this time."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-19-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

When Sarada arrived on Vocado, she called an emergency meeting with the other councilmembers. When they arrived, they expressed expected surprise at her presence. "Your Majesty," Becbaga greeted. "I trust the training on this Earth is going well?"

"I only arrived an hour ago. In that time, I found out that Jagam will arrive there in less than a day." At that proclamation, the meeting room was so quiet, she could hear a pin drop. They had all been expecting her to have around a month to train and grow in strength. They knew how futile expecting to gain any positive strength in less than a day was a hollow dream.

Sarada took the time to relay to them everything Tiamat told her about Jagam. It was crucial that they know everything she knew; if, in the worst case scenario, she fell in battle, the Saiyans needed to be prepared for his imminent arrival.

"How do you know this?" Boturega wondered.

"I... made a wish to a wish-granting dragon summoned from a set of magical orbs." Given their blank expressions, it sounded as insane to them as it did to her the first time she heard of it. She decided to withhold her deciding not to use the final wish to destroy Jagam's ship. That was a lapse in judgment that she didn't need to be lectured on for hours on in. "I just came from Turrip and told them to create a gaseous version of the virus Hilda inflicted some of us with. If all else fails, I'll inflict Jagam with it. At the very worst, he'll be severely weakened. At best, it will render him unconscious."

"Seems to me that you should lead with that," Mato said. "Anything that would lead to any unnecessary casualties."

That was a good point. If they lead with it and it worked more slowly than she wanted, then at least he would be growing steadily weaker as the fight continued. It would be the tipping point that they needed right from the beginning. Then again, Parsley could do the same, so there was no need to waste her trump card right away. "Parsley can accomplish the same, if Avoca taught her her techniques like I believe."

A tense silence rolled through the older Saiyans. "I see," Mato responded. "That's better than I thought."

"Can she be trusted?" Senerg asked bluntly. "Let's not forget she's willing to genocide a demographic of her own people simple because they were born."

A valid question, one that Sarada had been wondering herself. After Jagam was dealt with, would she still be willing to fight alongside her and the others, or would she go her own way? A way that would undoubtedly lead to them being on opposite sides of a future battlefield.

"I can trust her for this battle. For now, that's all I'm concerned with. Whatever happens after that will come as it will." That was the best answer she could have given.

With nothing else left to discuss, the meeting was adjourned. Sarada stepped inside the palace's master bedroom. She reached inside a pocket and pulled out the capsule the golden apple was held inside. The key to her future with Ishtar was in the palm of her hand. As such, she couldn't and wouldn't allow anything to happen to it. She kissed the capsule and placed it inside a drawer on her bedside table.

"What's that?" came Maiz's voice behind her.

"Nothing. Just something I was given on Earth. I didn't want anything to happen to it. It's kind of valuable."

"Hm. I trust you'll be leaving for Turrip, then Earth soon?"

"Yes. I need to strategize with the others. We only have a few short hours to plan and rest. I can't waste any time."

Maiz nodded. "Very well. I won't tell you what's at stake, since I'm sure you've told yourself that to the point of nausea. I will tell you that this fight won't be won through strength alone, and certainly not your own. You need to think. Remember, remain flexible enough that you can change gears when Jagam deems it necessary. He knows nothing of you at all; use that to your advantage, Sarada."

Maiz's words resonated with her, as they always did. "I will. I'll keep him on his toes."

Maiz nodded, then hugged Sarada tightly. "Good luck. Please come home."

Ugh. She hated when Maiz got emotional. It always caught her off-guard and always made her throat tight. "I will. I promise." Sarada didn't make a habit of breaking her promises.

Mother and daughter held each other tightly for a few more seconds before backing away. "I'll be back with Jagam's head," she promised. With that, she opened a portal back to Earth and stepped through.

"I'm back. I have a trump card in the works. It should be ready in a few hours."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Smiling at him, "Yes, but not for long. Jagam and his Priestess are arriving by tomorrow."
    Praxat shows up and points at Jinzi saying " there you are I been looking for you." " now tell me when are you going to start build that communicator for me?" Praxat addresses Jinzi , Megan and Cyanna saying " do any of you three know the name Qaztoh or Qaz?" " that is the name of my people's Princess."

" She's professional Shogi Player." " if any of you three ever been to The Intergalactic Shogi Cup ?" " you might have seen her." " she's not hard to missed with her gold color skin , golden toga and that crown she wears on her head."

"The Intergalactic Shogi Cup is a event that is hosting once every year wear the best shogi players from selected planets compete to prove who's the best among them." " it's not nearly as exciting as martial arts tournament." " it's kind of boring to watch, but it's the Princess Qaztoh favorite pastime." " right now she should be seventeen years old."

" oh that's just great I have to convince probably a bratty teenager to take responsibility as Queen of entire civilization." " really not looking forward to talking to Qaztoh , but I have to."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"An illness?" Approaching those gathered around Meagan, Quila scanned her for any visible symptoms, "How do you feel when it occurs? Feverish? Nauseous?" It was best to treat her now before it could potentially show up during a hectic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat shows up and points at Jinzi saying " there you are I been looking for you." " now tell me when are you going to start build that communicator for me?" Praxat addresses Jinzi , Megan and Cyanna saying " do any of you three know the name Qaztoh or Qaz?" " that is the name of my people's Princess."

" She's professional Shogi Player." " if any of you three ever been to The Intergalactic Shogi Cup ?" " you might have seen her." " she's not hard to missed with her gold color skin , golden toga and that crown she wears on her head."

"The Intergalactic Shogi Cup is a event that is hosting once every year wear the best shogi players from selected planets compete to prove who's the best among them." " it's not nearly as exciting as martial arts tournament." " it's kind of boring to watch, but it's the Princess Qaztoh favorite pastime." " right now she should be seventeen years old."

" oh that's just great I have to convince probably a bratty teenager to take responsibility as Queen of entire civilization." " really not looking forward to talking to Qaztoh , but I have to."
    Parsley sighed tersely. She had been passing by on her way to think at the edge of the Lookout when she heard the idiot frog prattling on about inconsequential nonsense. "Do you have any idea what will be happening tomorrow? That someone who means to kill me, my sister, and my entire race will be arriving at some point tomorrow? If not, stop concerning yourself with stupid games and inconsequential nonsense and start preparing."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "An illness?" Approaching those gathered around Meagan, Quila scanned her for any visible symptoms, "How do you feel when it occurs? Feverish? Nauseous?" It was best to treat her now before it could potentially show up during a hectic battle.
    Standing fully upright again, "I assume you're the one who pranked called Jinzi several months ago." Meagan steadied herself, "I'm sure that I am fine, but if it would make a difference, Kai can give me the once over. It was probably just a side effect of my powers."

Standing fully upright again, "I assume you're the one who pranked called Jinzi several months ago." Meagan steadied herself, "I'm sure that I am fine, but if it would make a difference, Kai can give me the once-over. It was probably just a side effect of my powers."
    "Prank calling would require a joke being made. My call was genuine in nature." Quila replied, somewhat impressed she could recognize his voice when it wasn't being filtered through his [VOD] system. His mild change in expressions deadened once more as she mentioned being fine, "If you were fine, you wouldn't be experiencing these episodes." The machine mutant stated bluntly, "General healing may ease the symptoms for now, but it would be best to discover the root cause and address it to avoid it occurring at an inconvenient time."

Praxat stares at Parsley saying " I know who's coming." " Kai has already told me." " his name is Jagam he's a saiyan like you." " I am well inform of what he plans to do."

" even so just like you are concern about your race I'm concern about mine." " expect there's more at stake here besides your race. " " there are many people on this planet just going about there lives." " people like my master Khan."

" this is there home and tomorrow it's going to be in danger." " I will do all I can to protect this planet which is my master's home!" "furthermore I was talking to Jinzi!" Praxat looks at Jinzi saying " Jinzi I help you out with building that communicator for me after we deal with Jagam and whoever else is with him!"

" we need to come up with a formulate strategy!" however first Megan needs treatment!" Praxat looks at Megan saying " I you sure you're fine?" " we need you in good shape for this battle."

" okay when Jagam arrives tomorrow when need to fight him and who ever else I with him in area away from any population!"
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-19-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat stares at Parsley saying " I know who's coming." " Kai has already told me." " his name is Jagam he's a saiyan like you." " I am well inform of what he plans to do."

" even so just like you are concern about your race I'm concern about mine." " expect there's more at stake here besides your race. " " there are many people on this planet just going about there lives." " people like my master Khan."

" this is there home and tomorrow it's going to be in danger." " I will do all I can to protect this planet which is my master's home!" "furthermore I was talking to Jinzi!" Praxat looks at Jinzi saying " Jinzi I help you out with building that communicator for me after we deal with Jagam and whoever else is with him!"

" we need to come up with a formulate strategy!" however first Megan needs treatment!" Praxat looks at Megan saying " I you sure you're fine?" " we need you in good shape for this battle."

" okay when Jagam arrives tomorrow when need to fight him and who ever else I with him in area away from any population!"
    Parsley looked at the frog passively. "Fine. I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting yourself into. And that there's a very good possibility that you will be killed tomorrow, as is the case with anyone."

With that, she walked away.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Upon hearing the news, Sasheem took a seat on the lookout floor and began turning a few of it's tiles tiles into various pastries. As he ate, he spoke to anyone around to listen. "So, we all have a big problem heading our way and no time to prepare. Are we gonna actually figure out a decent strategy or are we gonna sit here and panic like morons? Sasheem already has an idea, if any of you good for nothings are willing to listen."