Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298
Results 4,456 to 4,458 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    Praxat still inside her mech that's inside the bunker thinks to herself saying (Okay it's over I don't feel any weird mechanical worm like thing hit my tongue. okay someone out there better not be yanking on my tongue. yeah even though the entrance to this bunker was close. my tongue is flexible and malleable enough to fit through tight spaces without a problem. )

( I just fit my tongue through one of the tight spaces of the close entrance. the space was small enough to were a person couldn't passthrough by my tongue could. my Master Khan once told me my tongue was more than long enough for some one to play jump rope with.)

OT: Toadian's Tongues being very flexible and Malleable serve a function. that function is that a Toadian's tongue allows them to grab insects that are hiding in tight spaces.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; Today at 02:50 AM.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

And when it was over, and Hammer was most assuredly never coming back from that terrible combo of neural stunner and Kaiju fists,
    With pomp and circumstance, Hammer was stripped of what power he had left to him, and smashed to a pulp; and Ishtar for her part simply dislodged from her perch -- buried as she was to the elbow in putrefied flesh -- to allow for such a thing to happen. There were more important matters to attend to anyway, now that the undead GoD was properly laid to rest, her ribs first and foremost; so after touching down on the Carin Yard's remaining soil, the golden-eyed Oni turned her appraisal inward ...

And it took little more than a curious hand -- the one unbroken -- to confirm what she already knew.

"Three ..." the Oni mumbled, before wincing as fingers passed over bruised flesh. "Four ... fractures. An all but shattered arm."

... ignoring the discomfort that resulted from the various injuries sustained -- and the undoubted dressing down from Sarada -- there was at least a silver-lining to this exploratory venture:

Information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    ‘Temporary setback, not failure, child. I wanted as Asha’rah had, the power of both. But instead of killing Shima, I sought a....different path to Creational energy. A certain person did not like that, so I was killed and sealed here before I could regenerate.’
    Though it was ... troubling. The last words Hammer had offered did not seem to wholly mesh with what Asha'rah herself had offered, not two moments prior:

Quote Originally Posted by Asha'rah
    “This cretin is Hammer, the most unworthy being in all of creation’s history to ever soil the title of god.”
    Now Ishtar knew well there was certainly a skewing of truths here, given the nature of each and their stake in the events that had unfolded some one-hundred thousand years prior -- something of an annoyance given Ishtar's own inability to alter facts so overtly -- and yet there was certainly some measure of truth. Hammer had attempted to obtain both the energies of Hakai, and Creation; and he had been judged and sentenced to die ... and yet his own method was, by his own admission, not so brutal as Asha'rah's own.

So why the discrepancy in punishment ?

Who exactly had taken offense ... the same individual who warded the Carin Yard itself, surely ... and yet with little more than a singular ward-stone left to explore there was little hope of finding the truth in that manner. Though ... could she ask Asha'rah ? The former Goddess would certainly know of the events that had led to this ending. Yet for some reason ...

Ishtar turned toward Asha'rah a moment, before slowly turning away.

No. In this it would not do to ask one who might suffer a bias ... her response, and display of force -- aware as she was of the risks -- was a testament to her feelings for the now deceased Namekian.

No ... I will need to look elsewhere.

Where, however ... remained to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The battle was still raging up ahead. Sarada could see it as she rode on Erosa's back. It wouldn't be too much longer until the two of them arrived to help out with the others. Sarada couldn't wait. This was her first chance to test her strength against that of a god -- albeit a undead, severely weakened one.

'Almost there, Ishtar. Just hang on for a little bit longer and Erosa and me will be there.'
    Lost in silent rumination, the glowing-horned Oni almost missed it when Sarada's voice echoed in the back of her mind ... and it seemed she was on her way through some unknown means that at the least seemed not to have triggered anything untoward. Though ...

There was a lag of a few moments, before Sarada received a response.

'Hammer, former GoD of this Universe. Is dead once more. Permanent I feel, given the manner of his demise.' There was another pause, before the Oni spoke again.

'No injuries beyond my own ... a rather successful venture, all things considered.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Wilhelm leaned over the hole and threw a bandolier of strange grenades down. After a few moments, they explode and rock the new crater slightly before he nods and the dust settles.

“Giant...goddess..probably killed him. Just....making sure.”

Looks around.

“Should...head back soon.”
    There was an explosion then that caused Ishtar to turn -- and wince -- yet when she realized what it was, she simply cracked a small smile before offering the source, a small nod.

"Thank you, Wilhelm, and I apologize for the trouble we have caused." Gesturing toward what remained of the Carin Yard then, the Oni then added, "I suspect we will not tarry here much longer."
    "I am Galactus ! I do what I do !"

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

With tag team action and precise firing, the bunker team quickly make work of the remaining worm. Even as three more show up, they quickly off them of as well, working in tandem to expose weak points to allow for better shots at internal mechanisms.

After all is said and done, a nice pile of scrap is all that’s left of the mechanical worms. Injuries are several, but none life threatening and the bunker is untouched.
    "Stupid pieces of trash," Sasheem growled, kicking one of the dead worm's corpses. "Attack the Greater Annihilator, will ya..." he looked around at the beasts. "What are these things made of anyway..." he asked aloud, examining theor metallic hulls.