Page 294 of 782 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    OOC: I'd be tired too if I were Davos.

The man who had come to their aid was an old soldier, weary and worn. Fire and steel had hardened him, and he was possessed of some greater sense of duty. And when he believed himself right and fighting for a greater cause, Asha’rah sensed he could be stubborn…incredibly stubborn. Such qualities are needed for a man to lose almost everything he has without losing himself. Such qualities are needed for the last man on Terra to hold himself with honor when there is no one left to judge him.
    The man was Wilhelm, and he spoke of the history of his world, Terra.

The wars Terra fought against invaders, an impenetrable citadel for its people, were of mild interest to Asha’rah. It was always good to see mortals strive, even when beset by impossible odds. The more extreme the danger, the thinner the knife’s edge between forging great qualities and warping them.

The civil war that led to Terra’s fall resonated with Asha’rah more than most civil wars would. A conspiracy of angels had manipulated Asha’rah’s and Zeno’s faction both, pushing both sides to a war for which all would emerge the poorer. The inhabitants here had unleashed a gate of horrors they knew not how to close. Eventually, their minds too fell prey to the horror, and acted like puppets themselves upon the strings of a curse they could not comprehend.
    But what struck Asha’rah hardest was the mention of the War in the Heavens, and how it led to the creation of the cursed ground upon which they had so recently tread. What happened that would drive either side to creating such a persistent trap? The War in the Heavens had been fought to shape the future of mortals, not end it. Not curse it.

…or was the conspiracy responsible? Was Terra just another pawn in their quest to discredit both sides?

“I did not create the Cairn Yard, but it is my…mess, so to speak. Whoever created it did so under the cover of the War in the Heavens. Whoever created the wards that guarded it never informed me of its existence. Whoever is responsible for it, I will end it.”
    OT: Time Post for story!

IC:

Wilhelm frowns slightly at this.

“Not your....fight. Couldn’t...be. Far too.....old.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Almost as if summoned, the ground shook slightly near the bunker, as if something was burrowing underground towards them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Almost as if summoned, the ground shook slightly near the bunker, as if something was burrowing underground towards them.
    Sasheem a bit annoyed that he might miss a confrontation with an former god of destruction, had his mood picked up a bit by whatever danger was heading towards them. "Ah, good. Something for Sasheem to take out his anger on..."

Both Meagan and Cyanna suddenly went still, their ears twitched as they listened carefully. Glancing at each other as if to confirm what they both heard, Meagan spoke first, "We're under attack. It's underground and moving fast."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

‘Be reborn once I eat you, girl. You and Asha’rah both. Heh, a double dosage of Destruction energy AND a desert of Creational? Oh the things I’ll do. Starting with that bitch who trapped me here.’

Hammer slams a hand down and grabs Ishtar mid-swing.
    Ishtar's head snaps back at the suddenness of the Hammer-blow (heh), and with a grunt she begins to struggle against the hand that had exerted enough force previously to shatter bone. When the fallen GoD responded however, the golden-eyed Oni couldn't help but chuckle.

"Like a child who has eyes bigger than his stomach. You seek to consume what is beyond you. That you struggle so against an opponent who cannot rely on her Ki, or Hakai, is a testament to that."

With a snarl then, Ishtar sacriced the makeshift cast of Katchin that had coated her arm thus far, and allowed it to explode outward in razor sharp protrusions.

Like the Skeletal Aberration that had grabbed her before, Ishtar saught to sever the fingers of the hand holding her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley chuckled the moment the ground began to quake "Looks like impatience caused you to miss out, dear sister," she uttered.

From the feel of the quaking, it was quite large and perhaps as powerful as that behemoth from earlier.

Perfect.

She sprinted back inside the bunker to grab another weapon.

"Get ready! Another fight is coming our way!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Mechanical tendrils erupt from the ground and wrap around Paraley’s throat and waist, while more wrap around Sasheem, Cyanna, and move to get Meagan.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's head snaps back at the suddenness of the Hammer-blow (heh), and with a grunt she begins to struggle against the hand that had exerted enough force previously to shatter bone. When the fallen GoD responded however, the golden-eyed Oni couldn't help but chuckle.

"Like a child who has eyes bigger than his stomach. You seek to consume what is beyond you. That you struggle so against an opponent who cannot rely on her Ki, or Hakai, is a testament to that."

With a snarl then, Ishtar sacriced the makeshift cast of Katchin that had coated her arm thus far, and allowed it to explode outward in razor sharp protrusions.

Like the Skeletal Aberration that had grabbed her before, Ishtar saught to sever the fingers of the hand holding her.
    And does so, fingers flying as he steps back in pain, fingers growing back in a few moments.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Mechanical tendrils erupt from the ground and wrap around Paraley’s throat and waist, while more wrap around Sasheem, Cyanna, and move to get Meagan.
    Meagan leaps back, summoning a 'Force' energy Kienzan as she did and launching it at the tendrils. The spinning disc took each one while avoiding those ensnared.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

No sooner had she spoken, tendrils erupted from the ground like malevolent fauna and wrapped her throat and waist. She choked out a cry and started struggling against that which bound her.

Damn it. If only I had a knife so I can cut myself free.

She grabbed the tendril around her throat and pulled with all her strength in a desperate attempt to break it so she could breath.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cyanna screams slightly, then teleports out of the creature's grip, landing next to Dash who was just entering the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna screams slightly, then teleports out of the creature's grip, landing next to Dash who was just entering the room.
    Meagan yells an order, "Go to the Princess and stay with her, don't let anything get near her."

With that, the two vanish back tot he room where the Princess was sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she enters the Bunker, Meagan's eyes are drawn upward to the giant mechanical behemoth standing guard. It took her a few minutes to finally say, "Where in the Universes did that come from?"

Cyanna, her voice tinged with amazement and excitement, "Praxat made it from, spare parts I guess? It's like, wow!"
    Praxat to this saying " yeah I made it from parts laying around and parts from there's mechicnal flying machines that's what the body is compose of and extra weaponry that was in the armory. " " that and it's coating in my own mucus the secretes from my body for protection against electricity and Electromagnetic pluses. " " please don't ask how I coated this huge mech with my mucus . " " you really don't want to know trust me. it's quite disturbing."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh, then it would be a futile effort to return this foul, departed soul to its upended grave by what limited means we possess" he mused. "However...it is not our only option."

Loosing his hand from its cloth enclosure, Ochazuke produced a Capsule. Pressing the switch, he tossed his familiar #14 a short distance away from the depleted standing stones, and a sharp metallic pop revealed an entirely different obelisk from a world apart.

Seized from the heart of a Slaver's operation, the Junjo machine tower, the Neural Stunner raised itself in the field. Pressing a few buttons in its array, with a low growl the machine powered on.

"We can't use our own power," he said, "but we can still channel external energies."

A bolt of energy leapt out at him, and Ochazuke raised his hand, gilded in Kongosho as he contained the eneergy in a matching frequency. A button flashed red on the surface of its control panel.

"Unfortunately...the output of this machine I estimate would cover Capital City from slum to highway," he said. "When this machine is armed, I will need your help to concentrate its area of effect."

OOC: 2 posts remaining
    "Oh...." Etrina turned away from her examination to eye the produced machine. "....Wasn't aware you had that, impressive. Very well....give me a word when preparations are complete. I need a bit more time with this cairn stone just in case." Etrina snapped her finger and the White Etrina floated down next to Ochazuke. "Give the man a hand in the meantime would you."

Sasheem activated Katchin mode, attempting to use his strength to grab onto one of them and draw whatever they were attached to out of the ground.