Page 758 of 782 FirstFirst ... 258658708748754755756757758759760761762768 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 11718
  1. #11356
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The impact sent him skidding backward, kicking up dust from the arena floor. As expected, Sarada gave him little time to recover as she was already firing upon him once she got her bearings, forcing him to evade by utilizing his Carnotarus Charge, his image blurring as he serpentined toward her.

    "Don't get too cocky now that you can turn blond. I can do the same with a bottle of dye!" He taunted before leaning back into a baseball slide aimed at striking her legs.
    Charco's blurred form combined with his irregular movements, resulted in Sarada having her feet swept out from under her. Before she fell back, she caught herself in midair and flipped back to regain her footing. "Don't make me laugh!" Five shots erupted from her hand as she quickly shot into the air.

    The blasts weaved through the air, criss-crossing and zigzagging around Chaco before eventually closing in on him, one from each cardinal direction and the last from above. "If you had blond hair, you'd look like an even bigger loser than you already do!"

  2. #11357
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Charco's blurred form combined with his irregular movements, resulted in Sarada having her feet swept out from under her. Before she fell back, she caught herself in midair and flipped back to regain her footing. "Don't make me laugh!" Five shots erupted from her hand as she quickly shot into the air.

    The blasts weaved through the air, criss-crossing and zigzagging around Chaco before eventually closing in on him, one from each cardinal direction and the last from above. "If you had blond hair, you'd look like an even bigger loser than you already do!"
    "Ha! Have you looked in the mirror? You looked goofy as hell with that spiky blond hair!" He retorted, the insult mostly to rile her up rather than any true scorn.

    In response to his sliding kick, he now faced five blasts designed to move in erratic ways before convening on him in five different directions. Taking in a deep breath, he infused it with chi before exhaling with a thunderous kiai, sending a shockwave in all directions that would disrupt the flight paths of some of Sarada's blasts, making them miss their target while one or two would rupture from the force alone, detonating prematurely.

    "You done warming up?"

    Chuckling to himself, Charco charged up an orb of ki that hovered above his open palm, "I've been saving this technique especially for you. Ikken hissatsu, Triassic Bolide!" The orb rippled with additional energy, changing from Charco's standard green to a shimmering marble of rainbow hues. Hurling it into the air, the missile would reach a pre-determined height before coming to a stop, lingering high above Sarada like a starry Sword of Damocles.

  3. #11358

    Default

    At the Lookout Praxat is drawing illustrations of Sarada and Charco's fight in her handbook as she watches the match on the TV.

  4. #11359
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Samson nods and Chris taps his hidden comm, telling Sammy to head towards the stands.

    óóóó

    Sammy nods to Meagan.

    ďWell, seems weíve got our marching orders. Stay in the stands, close to the front, and watch the last fight while keeping an eye open for......Incenioís......I guess.Ē

    He shrugs and opens the door.

    ďAfter you, maíam.Ē

    óóóó

    Incenio floats back up to his private box and watches with unveiled glee as Sarada and Charco fight.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #11360
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Eva watches from a distance, seeing the fight through the holo-screen. She nods slightly and retreats back towards her library.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #11361
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Capsule Corp is a bit busy when Dash and Cyanna land, Wilhelm however sees them and waves them over.

    “Jinzi..said you were..coming. A new..energy source?”

    His speech has gotten better, but it was still a bit rough. Being alone for over a century and not really speaking can do that to a person.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #11362
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Capsule Corp is a bit busy when Dash and Cyanna land, Wilhelm however sees them and waves them over.

    “Jinzi..said you were..coming. A new..energy source?”

    His speech has gotten better, but it was still a bit rough. Being alone for over a century and not really speaking can do that to a person.
    "Yeah, ah suppose you can call it that." the rainbowed-haird warrior pulled out the capsule and handned it to him, "Ah think this might be dangerous, so you sure as better be careful it. Ah hope you know what you're doin'"

    Cyanna, looking around, "And what are you doing? I've never seen this place so active."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  8. #11363
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Samson nods and Chris taps his hidden comm, telling Sammy to head towards the stands.

    ————

    Sammy nods to Meagan.

    “Well, seems we’ve got our marching orders. Stay in the stands, close to the front, and watch the last fight while keeping an eye open for......Incenio’s......I guess.”

    He shrugs and opens the door.

    “After you, ma’am.”

    ————

    Incenio floats back up to his private box and watches with unveiled glee as Sarada and Charco fight.
    Meagan nodded, then motioned to her cloak which was lying on the floor. The cloth leapt up and landed gently on her shoulders. She then turned and walked out of the room and back to the arena area.

    Upon seeing Sarada and Charco fighting, she actually experienced a twinge of jealously, realizing that fate often steps in at the worst possible moments. Smiling faintly, almost sadly, she thought to herself, "Perhaps my time as a fighter is nearing an end."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  9. #11364
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Yeah, ah suppose you can call it that." the rainbowed-haird warrior pulled out the capsule and handned it to him, "Ah think this might be dangerous, so you sure as better be careful it. Ah hope you know what you're doin'"

    Cyanna, looking around, "And what are you doing? I've never seen this place so active."
    Wilhelm smiles slightly.

    “Jinzi....is looking into...waking Karis...up. He has..dozens of specialists looking into it.”

    He takes the capsule carefully and hands it to a red haired women in a doctor’s coat, who takes it and starts preparing an analyzer.

    “Dr....Char Banner...is Jinzi’s best and...brightest.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #11365
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Ha! Have you looked in the mirror? You looked goofy as hell with that spiky blond hair!" He retorted, the insult mostly to rile her up rather than any true scorn.

    In response to his sliding kick, he now faced five blasts designed to move in erratic ways before convening on him in five different directions. Taking in a deep breath, he infused it with chi before exhaling with a thunderous kiai, sending a shockwave in all directions that would disrupt the flight paths of some of Sarada's blasts, making them miss their target while one or two would rupture from the force alone, detonating prematurely.

    "You done warming up?"

    Chuckling to himself, Charco charged up an orb of ki that hovered above his open palm, "I've been saving this technique especially for you. Ikken hissatsu, Triassic Bolide!" The orb rippled with additional energy, changing from Charco's standard green to a shimmering marble of rainbow hues. Hurling it into the air, the missile would reach a pre-determined height before coming to a stop, lingering high above Sarada like a starry Sword of Damocles.
    Sarada growled, but did her best to keep her composure. She wasn't sure what she looked like when she was Super Saiyan, but she was damn sure she looked cool and badass!

    She watched him dispatch of her blasts, then form one of his one. Triassic Bollide was its name, something that sounds incredibly stupid, so he had no room to talk about her!

    "That sounds so stupid," she remarked before dashing toward him at full speed. "I bet you made it up just now."

    She stopped short and spun around, whipping her leg around in a roundhouse kick that intentionally missed its mark, his face. As it passed by, it released countless miniature energy blasts, no larger than granules of sand, that exploded at once. The sparkling sandstorm was intended to blind him and give her an opening for her next move.

  11. #11366

    Default Charco's Inheritance 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "No." Charco replied, a definitive answer to Ochazuke's thoughts on the matter. Although the boy knew little of Penhuoqi, he was quite familiar with Rex's disposition. Had she wanted to prove herself as worthy, she could have easily chosen to outright battle the other schools for acknowledgement even if it meant suffing out their existence. That would have been the Dino School way.

    "Her and the school's downfall was because of her humanity."

    It was because she had chosen peace and coexistence with the other schools that she had roused the beast of darkness within her bloodline. The black roaring death that had served the Dino School well during their times as warriors and savages, betrayed by this ideology, would end up turning against them.
    The sharpness of Charco's answer shook the stale air of the chamber - enough to give Ochazuke pause. What was known between them now of this secret history now seemed to piece itself together with greater fidelity, and with it a more pronounced sense of the weight that the young man's burden put upon him.

    Her and the school's downfall was because of her humanity. The stark condemnation slithered across the walls within the collective annals of Earth history, set amongst her greatest strides; her most dismal failures. And yet when Charco spoke, next, there was something carried within his tone. Something repressed, a concealed, burning essence within his spirit heralded by a rise of smouldering grey.

    Trying to break free, it blight his vision.

    "Whatever happened during this tournament, Penhuoqi had a moment of weakness, and at that moment, the beast must have taken control."

    Having given himself over to Rex's influence a few times already, Charco knew just how powerful the spirit could be.

    "Even if it had been just a split second of control, it was probably enough of a scene to traumatize those there." Charco could still remember the taste of Koolard's blood in his mouth when he regained control the last time. He was initially unaware of what had occurred, but the memories had been slowly filtering back to him since then.

    "As for the result... well... we're both aware of it. They chose to deny that such an event occurred and the Dino School was pushed into its nearly non-existent state."
    So that was how it happened. Setting a hand on the desktop, Ochazuke leaned his weight forward upon it, the frayed poster between him and Charco.

    "The disavowal was not theirs alone, otherwise you would have heard the truth long ago," he said. Certainly it would have made this a much simpler matter. "What people do when staring into the eyes a beast coming for their blood...I know is something you understand quite well."

    The mortal dilemma of fear. The death of reason fell rank upon one who could see no way out. With all it took away, deep loathing, unspoken, was sowed in its wake. It was not only opponents who sought to prey upon this.

    Tracing his hand around the tabletop edge, he rounded the corner with a few measured steps. Standing to Charco's side, the poster calling for succession now faced the younger man where he stood.

    "Perhaps there can be no notion of the strongest without those to be considered inferior, but conflating compassion with weakness will lead you nowhere."

  12. #11367
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada growled, but did her best to keep her composure. She wasn't sure what she looked like when she was Super Saiyan, but she was damn sure she looked cool and badass!

    She watched him dispatch of her blasts, then form one of his one. Triassic Bollide was its name, something that sounds incredibly stupid, so he had no room to talk about her!

    "That sounds so stupid," she remarked before dashing toward him at full speed. "I bet you made it up just now."

    She stopped short and spun around, whipping her leg around in a roundhouse kick that intentionally missed its mark, his face. As it passed by, it released countless miniature energy blasts, no larger than granules of sand, that exploded at once. The sparkling sandstorm was intended to blind him and give her an opening for her next move.
    If she had guessed right, Charco had put up a decent enough poker face to not show his response. Regardless, the Triassic Bolide remain hanging above them, waiting for some unknown signal to do whatever it was supposed to do. Sarada's focus remained on him as she swung out a leg and whiffed badly, or so one would initially believe as trailing behind the limb was a small cluster of bright flashes designed to temporarily blind and disorient him.

    Although less painful than that one time he hit Ishtar in the face with a blast to do something similar, he now found himself in the oni's shoes as his eyes refused to function.

    Falling for such a cheap ploy is beneath you! You represent me, the Strongest! If you can't, I will...

    Oh boy...

    Ever since that whole deal with Solarius, Charco was aware that Rex had been awake, but was under the assumption that he was content in just watching the spectacle. Of course, the dinosaur's damnable pride would prompt him to move if things weren't going his way.

    Fortunately, the boy's early training had involved hunting during the night time. While he never had to hunt a Saiyan in this condition, it was just like riding a hover bike, right?

    "Well, you're safe to transform now," Charco said, amusedly, "You could have just asked me to close my eyes if you didn't want me judging you."

  13. #11368
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    If she had guessed right, Charco had put up a decent enough poker face to not show his response. Regardless, the Triassic Bolide remain hanging above them, waiting for some unknown signal to do whatever it was supposed to do. Sarada's focus remained on him as she swung out a leg and whiffed badly, or so one would initially believe as trailing behind the limb was a small cluster of bright flashes designed to temporarily blind and disorient him.

    Although less painful than that one time he hit Ishtar in the face with a blast to do something similar, he now found himself in the oni's shoes as his eyes refused to function.

    Falling for such a cheap ploy is beneath you! You represent me, the Strongest! If you can't, I will...

    Oh boy...

    Ever since that whole deal with Solarius, Charco was aware that Rex had been awake, but was under the assumption that he was content in just watching the spectacle. Of course, the dinosaur's damnable pride would prompt him to move if things weren't going his way.

    Fortunately, the boy's early training had involved hunting during the night time. While he never had to hunt a Saiyan in this condition, it was just like riding a hover bike, right?

    "Well, you're safe to transform now," Charco said, amusedly, "You could have just asked me to close my eyes if you didn't want me judging you."
    Even blinded, he was still talking shit! Super Saiyan was the greatest transformation in the universe. It may not have been much now, but when she started training with it, it was going to be more powerful than anything anyone had ever seen before!

    "Keep talking," she said churlishly. "It'll make my win that much sweeter." Despite her growing irritation, she noticed that he was blinded and open.

    Perfect.

    He could probably feel her advancing on him. The Sanguine Blitz, her ki-enhanced fists blurred as they moved forward and impacted his body with little regard for his well-being.



    Feeling her knuckles tear into Charco's flesh felt especially good this time since he, for whatever reason, decided that Super Saiyan was a subject he had a right to broach. He didn't, and she hoped this ass-kicking she was giving him was a stern lesson.

    After one final knee, she leaped back to finish the sequence off with a massive energy blast, intent on blasting him out of the ring.


  14. #11369
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Even blinded, he was still talking shit! Super Saiyan was the greatest transformation in the universe. It may not have been much now, but when she started training with it, it was going to be more powerful than anything anyone had ever seen before!

    "Keep talking," she said churlishly. "It'll make my win that much sweeter." Despite her growing irritation, she noticed that he was blinded and open.

    Perfect.

    He could probably feel her advancing on him. The Sanguine Blitz, her ki-enhanced fists blurred as they moved forward and impacted his body with little regard for his well-being.

    Feeling her knuckles tear into Charco's flesh felt especially good this time since he, for whatever reason, decided that Super Saiyan was a subject he had a right to broach. He didn't, and she hoped this ass-kicking she was giving him was a stern lesson.

    After one final knee, she leaped back to finish the sequence off with a massive energy blast, intent on blasting him out of the ring.
    Knowing what was to come, Charco took up a meager defensive stance as Sarada zeroed in for the kill. His vision had gone from a black void to a foggy white, leaving him still blinded for the time, forcing him to rely on his other senses to anticipate her attacks and for his credit, he did manage to block the first few, only to completely miss the next one, leaving him completely open for the rest of Sarada's brutal combo.

    It didn't take much to know that she was just a teensy weensy bit miffed about all the trash talk. If he hadn't been healed from his fight with Kenbo and Meehsas, then this would have been pure overkill. As he was now, it only hurt slightly less than taking a sword to the chest. A sharp strike, no doubt a knee, launched Charco into the air. By this point, his vision was beginning to return, as he could see basic shapes, but lacking most details, but he didn't need them to notice the sudden increase of Sarada's power level as she quickly fired off an energy blast.
    Channeling chi into the palms of his hands and fingers, those Terrible Claws gave him just enough insulation to briefly interact with ki. In most cases, he had been able to wrangle the energy's ki in order to turn it against them, but such a feat would be impossible to due in his current condition. Instead, he used that limited moment of grasping the intangible to yank himself above Sarada's blast. He would not go unscathed but the impact would lob him into the air rather than backward, where he could only assume was off the ring.

    The faint scent of burning flesh, a sickening yet familiar smell to him nowadays, was all he needed to know that his back was cooked before the pain set in; however, he was still in his fight. Twirling to the ground, he landed on his feet, although not a perfect ten, but still steady enough not to fall on his face.

    "If..." He began, wincing in pain for a moment before continuing, "... If you want sweet, then you'll have to talk to Ishtar."

    His eyesight restored to a serviceable degree, Charco confidently rushed Sarada, launching a barrage of punches and kicks at her.

  15. #11370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan nodded, then motioned to her cloak which was lying on the floor. The cloth leapt up and landed gently on her shoulders. She then turned and walked out of the room and back to the arena area.

    Upon seeing Sarada and Charco fighting, she actually experienced a twinge of jealously, realizing that fate often steps in at the worst possible moments. Smiling faintly, almost sadly, she thought to herself, "Perhaps my time as a fighter is nearing an end."
    Althena meets up with Meagan and Sammy," Meagan I was worried about you, I'm glad you're alright ," Althena said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •