Page 635 of 782 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The minimum power level needed seems to be roughly in the 300,000 to 500,000 range on the Saiyan rating system.

Most of those trying are well below in the 20,000 to 100,000 range, not knowing the rod would never move for them.

Many of the wannabe fighters tried to protest when they failed, but security, would take care of them.

There are dozens of identical looking security agents walking around, keeping the peace. All quite strong too.

Sarada and Cthylla both manage to lift the rod and each are asked their names for the roster board.
    "Cthylla, my name." Cthylla offered her name with a smile, one she kept as she turned with rod still in hand and offered it casually to the one behind her. "Here you are....good luck."

The man behind her, a humanoid who had been hitting the gym rather obviously hard, was unsure how to take the offer....but settled for annoyance as he grunted and snatched the rod out of her hand.....immediatly being dragged down to earth with his hand getting lodged underneath it. The man screamed in pain and jerked his arm with all his strength, but was unable to so much as budge the rod from its landing spot.

Cthylla looks down. "Oh...Sorry, it seems your not strong enough. My condolences." She turned then and left the man to his suffering.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The attendant quirks an eyebrow.

“Another self proclaimed royal? Good look your Highness.”
    "Self-proclaimed?!" Sarada started to get agitated before realizing that this was likely yet another universe where the Saiyans had been destroyed in one manner or another.

"Hmph!"

She turned and walked away. Before she did, she looked at the other names on the board to see if there was anyone she recognized. A long-shot, sure, but hey.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A long line of people stand in front of a simple iron looking rod of a meter or so length that lays on a velvet pedestal. The M Fighters can see that people come forward and, grunting, try to pick the rod up. All of them fail and their names are not added to the list of fighters, of which four spots are still open.

Apparently the rod can only be picked up by people of sufficient power level to enter the Tournament. Incenio wants only the best.

Althena’s Clairvoyance is spotty. So many different types of power, people, and energy, plus the new surroundings, is overwhelming. She’ll need to focus on individuals or single objects at a time to get anything.

" Meagan I'm going to use my clairvoyance to focus one the individual people who are entering this competition one at a time. This should give my clairvoyance more accuracy, as my last attempt was spotty at best too many variables " Althena said as she activate her Clairvoyance , picks out a name from the list of fighters and then starts drawing on her notepad.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The man, red skinned and white haired, nods slightly.

“Depends on how much ya willing to pay. Up front, box seat, what you looking for?”
    "A box seat! Now that certainly does sound snazzy!" Blizzar snapped. "Now, I wasn't simply spinning yarn when I mentioned my friends and I are in no shortage of money! What payment would you take for these seats! Do you take zeni...credits perhaps? Do you want your payment upfront or would you like it transfered to your account?"

There was an ulterior motive within these questions. Blizzar aimed to find out as much as he could about the monetary and financial systems of this timeline within this dealing with the sketchy red alien. Was it similar to their own or were their slight differences, similar with their differing Arcosians?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I made some sandwiches earlier that went over well, so I guess I can handle this. Just tell me what to do, Master Chef." Cyanna fully entered the kitchen, treading carefully as she did. "Oh, hay, hi Erosa!" Giving her a big smile, "Guess you're looking for some dessert after that sandwich I made for you. Though, that was quite a while ago."
    Zaofan placed his hand on Cyanna's shoulder and a smile of support. "I believe in fostering people in what they do best. Considering we have Saiyans here, more of those sandwiches -- but cut up into finger food portions -- should help keep them at bay!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Yeah! But mostly we make pies!" E-rosa yelled, bringing a cheer from the rest. "Chez Rosa~!" With a synchronized raising of arms, the squad of amateur cooks leapt into action.

*Que soundtrack*

P-Erosa's ran off to retrieve the precious Bacon, vaulting the counter in the process before pulling a perfect landing in front of the freezer and pulling out an extra large pack of the stuff. Triumphant she turned and jogged back with a piece of bacon flapping from the side of her mouth.

A-Rosa returned with the rest of the ingredients, including the precious apples. P-Rosa slowly layered the slices of bacon across the wooden surface.....while going with a general one for the table, one for her mouth approach, and A-Rosa slices the bag of apples open and uses her dexterous finger...smaller yet equally as sharp as her other forms, to slice and dice the apples into plenty of even pieces to cover the bacon over.

M-Rosa saunters over and extends her massive claw shaped hands over the neatly layered bacon and apples, igniting heat that can be felt radiating across the room as she slowly waves them across and heats the bacon personally.

L-Rosa gathered up the remainder of the ingredients, curious but unsure what to do with them.....finally settling on taste testing each for quality.

E-Rosa remained with the guests, mainly because she seemed way to young to be actually cooking......that and she seemed keen to stay attached to Avocas Leg.
    Amazing, Zaofan thought to himself. Their coordination, their ability to process orders. I wonder if they bring back all this knowledge back to the main Erosa when they recombine?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "A little....but this for more then just filling my stomach Ero~!" P-Rosa exclaimed with some bacon sticking out the corner of her mouth. "I can't always depend on others to cook the good food.....I gotta learn to make it myself."
    Watching them in action, Zaofan yells over the various clanging and symphonic busywork of the kitchen. "Yes, excellent, Erosa! It's not just enough to eat, but to eat well! Flavor is itself key for survival!"

"That sounds liek a very good idea. I need to improve my cooking skills too. I plan on traveling the universe someday, and I'll need to know how ot take care of myself." Cyanna then turned to Zaofan, waiting for instructions.
    Zaofan snapped his fingers in realization, then pointed to Cyanna. "Preservation is important, yes. And speaking of, for some inexplicable reason there are large amounts of boar and salamander in the fridge. Perhaps those would be good proteins for your appetizer sandwiches?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Attracted by the commotion and the sound of Erosa's happy noises, Asha'rah wandered into the kitchen. Erosa had split into...various aspects of herself, somewhat like Etrina yet more chronological, as if she were living every stage of life simultaneously. Asha'rah smiled at the thought, her godly form manifesting from beneath her exterior. It suited Erosa.

Even still, Zaofan was the master here. And there was an undeniable energy about him, forging feasts from raw ingredients, his eyes alive with wonder and merriment. He was a fine warrior in his own right, but it was in cooking where his heart truly lay. He created sustenance. He created deliciousness, elevating what he was given to heights unimagined. More than any mortal assembled here, he created.

Asha'rah sat back and watched, her expression impassive.
    His sleeves now rolled up, and donning an apron covered in flour and powdered sugar, Zaofan continued to direct the various Erosas and Cyanna to task. He took a knife sharpener and waved it around like a conductor's baton, pointing to key stations and food items, dispensing instructions like a master coordinator.

Catching sight of Asha'rah in the back, he makes eye contact and nods assuredly, both welcoming her while expressing delight at her presence. "Asha'rah! Good of you to join us," he says as he gently bows his head in respect, unaware of her analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca noticed the small Erosa clinging to her leg. Her tail reached down and pried her loose. "Get off."

Parsley raised an eyebrow, but shrugged. "Wine. And we'll each take five meat pies and a... cherry pie."
    Overhearing the order, Zaofan yells back to his staff -- "Cyanna! We'll need more cuts of protein, thank you!" He then points with his knife sharpener Erosas! We'll need one to focus on fruit, and another Erosa to focus on dough! I shall work with you on creating the The BEST tender, flakey and buttery pie crust!"

When she heard that Erosa and not Zaofan would be making the pies, Parsley narrowed her eyes. She had become accustomed to his cooking and didn't feel comfortable eating anyone else's on this planet. Least of all Erosa, who she was sure wasn't clean and hadn't had her shots yet.

"My pallet is very refined," she stated while eyeing each of the Erosas. "You'll excuse me if I have rather high standards. After all, I've become accustomed to Zaofan's desserts."
    Still within earshot, Zaofan faces his staff while tilting his ear towards Parsley's table. "I assure you, under my guidance, they will be the finest ids to ever step foot in the kitchen! This is... the Z-School!"

Avoca wasn't sure what humans were supposed to look like. She knew that the girl was a Chromakai, but the pale.. thing and the giant frog... were they humans, too? Oh. She remembered Sarada saying something about her being some kind of chosen one. These people must have been the other chosen ones.

Some assortment. They didn't appear to be much. But damn, their power was amazing. Especially that one guy. Zaofan? Yeah. He was even stronger than Parsley! But he wasn't as beautiful as she was.

"I'm Avoca. Parsley's my mate," she said proudly.
    Suddenly, Zaofan ceased his conduction and turned back to his guest at Parsley's table. "Ah! Then Parsley must be a very lucky Saiyan indeed!" he says as he smiles like any good maitre'd. "It will be our pleasure to serve you, Ms. Avoca!"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OOC: Flashback

" Layers of meat, Yes that sounds so tasty ! I hope no one has gotten at those two giant beasts I hunted and store in the freezer," Althena said as she licks her razor sharp teeth and starts salivating at the thought of eating meat. Althena's mouth is just full of razor sharp teeth and not tiny teeth either. very noticeable razor sharp teeth .
    "YOU! It was YOU who brought the boar and salamander, eh?" Zaofan says, resuming his conduction of the staff. "It is you we have to thank, then! I hope you don't mind that we started digging into it -- but perhaps, how would you like boar-bacon with salamander and triceratops flank to go with it?"

"...and have you tried butter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan placed his hand on Cyanna's shoulder and a smile of support. "I believe in fostering people in what they do best. Considering we have Saiyans here, more of those sandwiches -- but cut up into finger food portions -- should help keep them at bay!"

Amazing, Zaofan thought to himself. Their coordination, their ability to process orders. I wonder if they bring back all this knowledge back to the main Erosa when they recombine?

Watching them in action, Zaofan yells over the various clanging and symphonic busywork of the kitchen. "Yes, excellent, Erosa! It's not just enough to eat, but to eat well! Flavor is itself key for survival!"

Zaofan snapped his fingers in realization, then pointed to Cyanna. "Preservation is important, yes. And speaking of, for some inexplicable reason there are large amounts of boar and salamander in the fridge. Perhaps those would be good proteins for your appetizer sandwiches?"

His sleeves now rolled up, and donning an apron covered in flour and powdered sugar, Zaofan continued to direct the various Erosas and Cyanna to task. He took a knife sharpener and waved it around like a conductor's baton, pointing to key stations and food items, dispensing instructions like a master coordinator.

Catching sight of Asha'rah in the back, he makes eye contact and nods assuredly, both welcoming her while expressing delight at her presence. "Asha'rah! Good of you to join us," he says as he gently bows his head in respect, unaware of her analysis.

Overhearing the order, Zaofan yells back to his staff -- "Cyanna! We'll need more cuts of protein, thank you!" He then points with his knife sharpener Erosas! We'll need one to focus on fruit, and another Erosa to focus on dough! I shall work with you on creating the The BEST tender, flakey and buttery pie crust!"

Still within earshot, Zaofan faces his staff while tilting his ear towards Parsley's table. "I assure you, under my guidance, they will be the finest ids to ever step foot in the kitchen! This is... the Z-School!"

Suddenly, Zaofan ceased his conduction and turned back to his guest at Parsley's table. "Ah! Then Parsley must be a very lucky Saiyan indeed!" he says as he smiles like any good maitre'd. "It will be our pleasure to serve you, Ms. Avoca!"

"YOU! It was YOU who brought the boar and salamander, eh?" Zaofan says, resuming his conduction of the staff. "It is you we have to thank, then! I hope you don't mind that we started digging into it -- but perhaps, how would you like boar-bacon with salamander and triceratops flank to go with it?"

"...and have you tried butter?"

" yes I would like that, and no I haven't tried this thing called butter!" Althena said. Qaztoh shows up to get a bite to eat " Okay now to get myself a nice pie , or maybe a sandwich. When Qaztoh opens her mouth her upper teeth or tiny and hardly noticeable and she lacks bottom teeth in contrast . This points at evolutionary change that happen between Althena's time and the modern time.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-15-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The minimum power level needed seems to be roughly in the 300,000 to 500,000 range on the Saiyan rating system.

Most of those trying are well below in the 20,000 to 100,000 range, not knowing the rod would never move for them.

Many of the wannabe fighters tried to protest when they failed, but security, would take care of them.

There are dozens of identical looking security agents walking around, keeping the peace. All quite strong too.

Sarada and Cthylla both manage to lift the rod and each are asked their names for the roster board.
    Meagan then took her turn, using just enough strength to lift it without drawing too much attention to herself.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Meagan I'm going to use my clairvoyance to focus one the individual people who are entering this competition one at a time. This should give my clairvoyance more accuracy, as my last attempt was spotty at best too many variables " Althena said as she activate her Clairvoyance , picks out a name from the list of fighters and then starts drawing on her notepad.
    OOC: for Tami in case this was missed.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Cyanna looks at the fresh kills in the fridge, staring at them until finally she gives up. "Master, I don't know what to do with those dead animals. I used meats that were already processed, I've never handled corpses before."

OOC: Althena has active her Clairvoyance again and is focusing on a individual name on the list of fighters. It's pretty much up to Cleric how Althena's drawing comes out and how accurate it is.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "A box seat! Now that certainly does sound snazzy!" Blizzar snapped. "Now, I wasn't simply spinning yarn when I mentioned my friends and I are in no shortage of money! What payment would you take for these seats! Do you take zeni...credits perhaps? Do you want your payment upfront or would you like it transfered to your account?"

There was an ulterior motive within these questions. Blizzar aimed to find out as much as he could about the monetary and financial systems of this timeline within this dealing with the sketchy red alien. Was it similar to their own or were their slight differences, similar with their differing Arcosians?
    “Zeni? Not familiar, friend. Galactic Credits are good here, same with hard currencies. A box seat will cost ya 10,000 creds.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Meagan then took her turn, using just enough strength to lift it without drawing too much attention to herself.

Meagan lifts it and is the last participant let in. The rest of the line all storm off or mutter, disappointed.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Zeni? Not familiar, friend. Galactic Credits are good here, same with hard currencies. A box seat will cost ya 10,000 creds.”
    Ah, credits were still good here. Excellent. "That's quite the offer! 10,000 per seat, correct?" He asked. 10,000 for the entire box was just too good to be true...but it didn't hurt to ask.

Meagan lifts it and is the last participant let in. The rest of the line all storm off or mutter, disappointed.
    Looking around, Meagan sizes up the crowd as she approaches the attendant to give her name. When asked, she responded, "Meg Luna", then joined up with the other M Fighters.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-15-2019 at 10:06 PM.

nothing to see here
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-15-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out