Page 375 of 782 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 11718

Blizzar stepped out of the kitchen, tea in hand, locating the squadron who were busy talking amongst themselves.

"Squadron, have you been made aware of the recent tragedy regarding the Tuffle attacks on the Saiyans?" he asked of them as they nodded glumly.

"We have...it's terrible!" N-Ten commented. "Are we going to do anything about it?"

"No, I'm afraid," Blizzar answered, sorrowfully. "We are far away from this fight and we still need to make some early preparations for our Earth operations. However, I'm certain that our compatriots within the Galaxy Police will provide enough aid to assist the Saiyans in pushing back the Tuffle threat," he assured his officers. "That said, it appears I'm required to attend a brief meeting on the matter. If you'll excuse me..."

Blizzar flew off, as the Squad saluted him. He didn't go too far, just high enough in the clouds that no one would bother him. He had lied to his officers, but not too much so. He indeed did intend to have a meeting on the matter of these Tuffle attacks, but it was not with the Galaxy Police...which he had never said it was. The only lie in his statement was that this meeting is required, rather than something he was initiating himself.

Blizzar set his personal datapad to hover in front of him, as it accessed an encrypted server. From there, he could access a variety of contacts, many of which did not exactly operate on the right side of the law. These contacts ranged from petty criminals, to smugglers, to those who have committed...much greater crimes. Not that....Blizzar would truly be associated with such heinous actions. To him this was all strictly business with several esteemed acquaintances. One such acquaintance, the one he was now attempting to contact, being one of his own kind. An Arcosian named Blizz...Blizzar tapped his name on the datapad to contact him. Reaching him didn't take long.

"Blizz...come in. I certainly hope you're not busy having your fun..." Blizzar greeted in an even tone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Her rate of maturity is a testament to how much we've improved as a whole. Familiars grow over time....but its can't be coincidence that shes matured this quickly. There is also the Magicite fragment and that.....even more mature form....." Etrina let out a sigh. "At this rate my own familiar will out grow me."

"As for her birthday.....well......good food in oversized quantities would be the sure bet, its been awhile since we made that Dusk Stew......But......I want to....." Etrina strummed her fingers. "....My mother was a writer you see. Every birthday I had when I was young, she would highlight it with a storytelling. I don't think I could have such a way with words but....maybe I'll give it a try." Etrina chuckled. "....maybe with one that's already written though. I'm not that good."
    Wandering around the Lookout, Cyanna searched for Etrina or someone who would know where she was. Occasionally she'd look into a room and call out, "Lady Etrina?" before continuing onward. Her last stop, being what should have been her first stop, the kitchen/dining room.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-23-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack took one last look back at the blue and green planet he had be born on. Before shrugging.

You're probably in better hands now than I can manage. Stay safe till I get back

Truth was. At this point, there were so many high power levels watching his home planet that Jack felt nobody would notice him not being around. Likely as not there were more people to help out here, in the inky black void of space that was empty...and stuff.

And he would help them out. And also make some money.

Yeah.

Turning to Held, after a few minutes Jack asked. "So...how long do these trips usually take? Do we need to freeze ourselves or anything?"

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Grumble...
    Held paused, gazing thoughtfully into space for an uncomfortable moment.

"...I'm not really sure." He said after a moment, "Space Vegas is kind of weird. It's a floating city...Asteroid...Thing....I want to say it's a colony, but it's kind of small, and--"

He laughed, realizing how off-topic he was getting. "Well, either way, the point is, it moves a lot. I think it was something about allowing the visitors to take in the sights of the universe, but, between you and me, it tends to slow the police down a bit when they have to search for the place."

Not to mention, it's usually pretty well defended from a legal, and a physical standpoint...They don't really like to take chances.

"But, that's not important." Held turned towards Jack, steeping his hands together and placing them underneath his chin. "What is important, is that we take this time to get to know one another. I mean, we're comrades and all. I've even watched you die. That's the sort of bond that doesn't come along often."

Held smiled kindly at his friend, his brother.

"Talk to me Jack. Tell me your life. Tell me your story. It's only by talking, that we can truly understand one another, no?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Galloping plunged out of hyperspace with an unceremonious ping, swiftly slowing it's ascent, to merely float before the grand city.

The City floated through the depths of space, the entire asteroid that made its foundations cannibalized to make the glorious city that floated before The Galloping. Smaller, Lesser asteroids collided with the city, each one being repelled as if it were nothing before the cities mighty shields. It swayed through the cosmos, it's bright blue afterburners piercing the endless night with its brilliance.

As the Galloping flew closer to the colony, it's inhabitants could see the layout of the great city.

Towards the east, buildings so downtrodden and decrepit that it seemed impossible that the entire area did not collapse, save for the fact that luck was on its side. Lights flickered intermittently, on the rare occasion that there was light to be found in a building.

To the South, all manner of amusements could be seen. Dance halls, movie theaters, Amusement parks, and all manner of wholesome, fun entertainment for the right price.

To the East, all manner of unwholesome, fun entertainment could be found, each building painted a sensual shade of blue, pink, or red. Each building was painstaking shaped in a fashion that exuded the nature of the establishments in that area.

The true, crowning achievement of Space Vegas, lay to the north, easily dwarfing the rest of the areas. Towers so high as to barely avoid touching the barrier that exasperated that world from the cold depths of space. Bright burning neon lights, constantly shifting and alternating in colors with such constancy that staring into it was easy enough to overwhelm and hypnotize those with their wits found wanting.

Some buildings were painted in gaudy gold, some in simple silver. A closer look would reveal that several buildings were made of gold, or silver. Rubies and Emeralds adorned the roofs of buildings like they were mere decorations, diamonds encrusted on the large marble walkways below. 'Gambling' said the sign of one 'Fate', another, yet another said 'Chance'. It seemed as if this city was the type that wore its intent on its sleeve.

If one were close enough, one would see a haze of smoke, and perhaps smell the strong, yet oddly enjoyable scent of booze, gently losing a battle with the artificial air being pumped through the city.

In the center of it all, connecting the four areas of Space Vegas was a statue, rivaling that of the tallest Skyscraper. It was forged entirely of what appeared to be platinum, and it's design was simple: A Giant Dice, precariously balanced upon a single Zeni coin. Who would approve such a reckless design? It seemed as if it was only by the whims of gravity that it was even allowed to exist!

--------

"Nah, I'm just kidding." Held laughed, amused at his own humor, before turning attention the the monument to excess that lay before him, "This baby can do the Nevada Run in a week, and Space Vegas seemed to have it's orbit around your solar system, as luck would have it...."

Hell, there's a good chance I would have come back, even if it wasn't too see you and Eva off, if my cards went right.

"It sure is my kind of town though...." Held said with a smile, "I'm looking forwards to taking them for everything but the shirt on their backs..."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"...And the assault team sent to Langal has officially begun its attack. However, it seems that the Saiyans have been prepared ever since the attack on Turrip. They're fighting back, Lord Blizz."

Blizz, the undisputed mastermind behind the "resurgence" of the Tuffle race, steepled his hands and thought silently. He knew that when he convinced them to attack not just the apes living on their former home world, but also the entire race, that it was a gamble. Their hatred for the vile monkeys was beyond measure. It was a liability and would surely lead to them making some... errors in judgment.

The report he received just yesterday that they had captured a Saiyan and was using her as a lab rat irritated him to no end. Not only did it not take into account that, should she heal, her power would increase to untold levels thanks to that irritating genetic quirk of theirs, but also leaving even one of them alive was too risky.

His father commission him to eliminate the entire Saiyan race, not all but one. It made no sense, even if they made the excuse that they needed on to test their weapons on.

Bah!

What pointless drivel.

The Saiyan Queen, this Salad or whatever ridiculous name she had, was too powerful to provoke. Blizz wished the Tuffles would have attacked Vocado first, then the rest of the Saiyan worlds. Alas, their genius didn't extend to strategy and military tactics, it seemed.

"Very well. Stay on alert in case those fools overextend themselves or otherwise mess this up in some way."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Blizz...come in. I certainly hope you're not busy having your fun..." Blizzar greeted in an even tone.
    The comm on Blizz's chair beeped, denoting that he had an incoming communication. Hm. Now who could this be? Ah, my agent inside the Galaxy Police. Undoubtedly calling to speak about the Tuffle situation.

Blizz tapped the button to take the call after gesturing for his subordinates to clear the area. "Of course, my dear Blizzar. What can I do for you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The comm on Blizz's chair beeped, denoting that he had an incoming communication. Hm. Now who could this be? Ah, my agent inside the Galaxy Police. Undoubtedly calling to speak about the Tuffle situation.

Blizz tapped the button to take the call after gesturing for his subordinates to clear the area. "Of course, my dear Blizzar. What can I do for you?"
    "Ah, it's not so much what you can do, but what have failed to do," Blizzar noted, his tone remaining polite despite his repirmand. "Of course, I am aware that you are conducting a mission of great import for our people, but...I certainly wished you had informed me on when you were putting your plan into action. The attacks on the Saiyans...may have complicated one of my operations..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sometime during the Time Skip:

Samson Balon grunts and wipes the sweat from his face. The Spider-Shrine has been far more difficult to get to, some strange aura stopping flying or teleportation. He and the others had been flying over the dense jungle when suddenly they had been falling instead.

Now they moved slowly through the hot, sweltering jungle, seeking the shrine.
    As the group forged ahead through the hissing, knife-edged foliage for what seemed like hours, Ochazuke walked at the front of the group. His broad frame pushed forward tirelessly, chasing that long-forgotten path in these wilds where it lay consumed by time. For a long moment he neither spoke nor gazed back, his focus on maintaining the subtle sense of Kyokushin Keihatsu, grasping to seize any figment, any hint, as the living aura that pulled them to earth's embrace continued it attempt to hold him out. Time was of the essence.

Auroc's Eye is ever watching, claiming supplication and calling it love. Yet even he knew the name of Zxu'ro.

In so brief an exchange, the lengthy question railed within Ochazuke. How long had his gaze fallen upon this world, and what had he found there in those times unknown? The voice shook him from within, and he had shuddered to behold it, those mocking words of praise, cast from a view to kill. Could he not stand before that veiled Eye, only fall before it when it came time to protect what mattered most?

What had his journey been for?

So resolved to find the answer, the vision begotten to them in the Great Glacier by the Wolf Spirit Mara burned hotter in his memory than the rank airs that assailed them. His pace quickened, flattening brush underfoot as he moved to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Shortly behind Balon and armed with his staff Bojack, Zaofan whacks the vines, branches, and leaves away from the path, left, right, and above. He is shirtless though his tunic is wrapped around his head to soak up moisture. His pants are long, thin, and dirty. He breathes heavily and he winks through one eye thanks to the heat and frustration. "Nothing is ever easy with these schools, I swear. But I guess that defeats the point of the struggle then, eh Master Balon? We should be on our guard for anything, though. If there's some sort of force that can prevent us from flying, who knows what out abilities of ours may be tampered with!"

He takes a sip of water from his canteen. "Remember to stay hydrated, everyone! And I've more bug repellent if needed! It's good for any leeches we may find!"
    Even after this tumble out of the sky, Zaofan's spirit was willing, yet still concerned with raising spirits though comfort.

"Heh, have you forgotten your training already, Zao?" he chuckled, "Fire cannot burn a Dragon, only return to it in kind."

Nor those that walked with him. Even as flight was denied to them, the memory of training to channel the Dragon's Endurance remained with him, and the spectal aura of Karura no Kaen swept over Ochazuke. The fire of his will gave him the strength to endure.

"Compared to the kitchen, this should be a pleasant breeze."

The condensation of the thick air remained, perfusing inescapably as they walked deeper into its dark maw. Long ago he had chased after a Tiger across a likewise knot-rooted swelter, and in the echo if his mind he could still see some figment of her gazing back.

It was a sentiment nearer to his heart, for as their group marched forth to uncover another lost art, Ochazuke was all but guarded concerning the man he walked before. Master Balon was the last thread to one entire school thought lost just a scant year ago.

If any peril should befall him, it will be swiftly cut down, he thought to himself, extending his senses as they marched ever deeper toward the Shrine's silent snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    At the invitation of Zaofan, Dash joins the expedition as part of her training. She is dressed appropriately for the trip, with needed supplies carried in the pouches at her waist.

She follows behind Zaofan and Balon, keeping up with them and focusing on avoiding the hazards of the terrain.
    When he rejoined Zaofan on the Lookout, his martial brother was all too ecstatic to bring another one into the fold. The unexpected ally from the Tournament long ago, she was anything but hapless and had proven herself.

The legacy of Crane, Turtle, Dragon, Snake and Tiger had little issue where Horses were concerned, housed on this planet or where they trepsed in the starry fields elsewhere.

Ochazuke suddenly paused, casting a long look behind him. At first it seemed it was to to ensure they were all accounted for, but he seemed to look right through her at something near the canopy above before resuming the march forward.

Even if it was a fanciful sojourn, for those who had roots even besides that legacy long lost, perhaps in the experience they would learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Lieutenant Stratovarius replies to this saying " since you own this place I figure that you the CEO as well." " I wish your assistance on undoing this crystallization of this frog alien that my buddy behind me is holding. " " Shining Star don't be shy come out and introduced yourself ." " Shining Star comes out from behind Lieutenant Stratovarius holding a mysterious Toadian inside a Crystalize structure saying in a Meek tone " Hi I am Shining Star Lieutenant Stratovarius's specter or basically an extension of his fighting spirit .

Shining Star's entire body looks like it's made up of energy that glows bluish white and it seems to be in the form of an fragile pre teen boy. Praxat who is on her way to the employment office runs into Jinzi , Lieutenant Stratovarius and Shining Star and then stops in her tracks when she sees the frozen Toadian saying as her skin turns red " wait is that who I think it is? " that platinum color skin, those golden spots and Silver eyes . " " that ancient Toadian royal attire."

" that's Althena Orpheus the worst Queen in the History of the Toadian Kingdom!" " the Queen who abandoned the Toadian Kingdom 2000 years ago according to Historical documents on Qacriea! " Lieutenant Stratovarius replies to this as he looks at Praxat saying " hmm so the frog alien imprison in this crystalize structure is name Althena." " Historical documents don't always tell what exactly happen in the past ."

" especially if it's written to only show one side of a event that happen in the past , but there are always two sides to every story." " did this Althena really Abandon your people 200 years ago? " " free this Althena can revile the whole truth of what really happen on your home planet 2000 years ago." " as she will be able to tell her side of the story."

Lieutenant Stratovarius looks back at Jinzi saying " I found this frozen frog alien who I now know is a Toadian on a dead planet in the North Galaxy buried under sand." " I have theorize that someone or something imprison this Toadian in this Crystalize structure 2,000 years ago and sent it to a dead planet in the North Galaxy. " " I want to discover what happen." Praxat replies to this sayin " well I for one I'm not going to lend you any aid , that Toadian can stay frozen. she's an disgrace to the Kingdom the Toadian text books say so!"
    For Cleric

Lieutenant Stratovarius pauses for a few moments saying " I see you were thought by text books on your planet that the Toadian imprison in this crystalize structure is a horrible person correct." Praxat replies to this saying " yes every Toadian is thought that on Planet Qacriea when going over Toadian History." Lieutenant Stratovarius replies to this saying " well what if the texts you read about this frozen Toadian were wrong." " just because something is written in historical text book doesn't mean it's correct."

" text books are written by people, people who may or may not have a clear view of what happen during event that happen long ago." " this Toadian was gone from your home world for 2,000 years ." " she was crystalize and stranded on dead planet ." " that would make impossible for text books on your home planet to tell what happen from this frozen Toadian's perspective."

" Jinzi Pantaloon will you assist me in free this Toadian from this crystalize structure? " " I feel that this frozen Toadian has a story to tell." " I'm interesting in known who imprison her this crystalize structure and why?"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ah, it's not so much what you can do, but what have failed to do," Blizzar noted, his tone remaining polite despite his repirmand. "Of course, I am aware that you are conducting a mission of great import for our people, but...I certainly wished you had informed me on when you were putting your plan into action. The attacks on the Saiyans...may have complicated one of my operations..."
    Blizz tsked quietly. He may have... been a tad hasty in giving the Tuffles the go ahead to begin. Then again, they were a pack of wild, ravenous dogs who couldn't and wouldn't be held up for much longer. Still, no excuse not to inform his informant. "I do apologize for the hastiness, Blizzar. I do hope this slight oversight hasn't inconvenienced you too greatly."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada was silent when the question of those victimized by the Saiyans' former tyranny was posed to her. What would she do for those that remained? What could she do? She knew from the dragon itself that too much time had passed to restore to life the victims of the past. Even if she could, should she? The fear, rage, and hatred would be fresh, and justified. Her people would have to fight a multi-faceted war the likes of which hadn't been witnessed.

It wasn't as if a simple apology and some money could smooth things over. Neither would offering a new planet. She couldn't in her right mind offer their old planet, as those were currently inhabited. To do so would be to displace millions who had nothing to do with the past conquests.

It was a harder question, one that simply wouldn't be satisfied with the generic 'I'll see when I get there'. But, what else could she say? What else could she do?

The answer she was leaning toward was to simply let the dead remain where they lay and strive to not let it happen again. It was a cold, callous answer, but in the face of other alternatives, it was the easiest and most doable.

In the end, she sighed and answered, "Those we slayed in the past have been dead too long to be resurrected by the Dragon, even if that was a good idea. As for those that somehow survived to this day, we can't offer them their old world, as that would mean displacing millions who had nothing to do with it. We can't offer them a new world, since that seems like settling."

She looked down at the stew in her nearly empty bowl. "I don't know. We'll have to take it on a case by case basis."
    "If redemption were so simple an affair, then it would be not be a deed worth the effort to undertake," he said. "In that respect there are no easy answers. That, I suppose, is the burdensome weight of a crown."

Grinthorn was one of the tyrants Ochazuke spoke, except he exercised his strength on his own people, rather than others. She supposed it didn't matter in the end, but she felt there was something worse about ignoring the pleas of those who elected him into office, rather than those whom he would only see during wartime conquests.

"A ruler who does not listen to the people who elected him into office would see a short reign. Yet, you said he's been ruling this world for twenty years. How? Surely the people below realize what he is and how he's of no use to them. Has no one risen up to oppose him? Is this world not a democracy?"
    "Your world is used to conquest. That is a matter of hard power," he replied. "Here, well, if you remember Battersea, and the image he carefully curated, mythologized and branded, Grinthorn's democracy is much the same, full of fostered images and distorted views, a stable convenience substituted for truth."

It was clear in the face of their discussion that this world of lies was one that disgusted Ochazuke. His tone filled with a dull fatigue and shameful loathing.

"This stability, unfortunately, has little to do with Justice. When one stands against the might of an entire world, there are questions of principle brought to bear, dilemmas no sane person should have to face."

"Often it is not a question of 'shall I fight,' a forceful mind will find quarrel upon any matter," he said. "Rather, the driving question against this is, 'shall I thrive? Or starve?'"

"Pantaloon has ensured the latter, for a while, may not happen. So did we when we won Grinthorn's war for him against the Red Raiders. Yet as it becomes easier to forget strife while surrounded by luxury, and the questions disappear in idle reverie. Against the whole world, a rude awakening is hardly tolerated."

Cherish her life?

Compassion was not weakness, nor a vulnerability?

Compassion could deliver her more than strength could, in some cases.

These were some of the most un-Saiyan-like sentiments she had heard in a long time. No one where she was from believed that compassion...

No, that wasn't true. There were some. Some who held a very close mouth to her ear, even. It sounded like something Maiz would hammer into her head relentlessly until she had no choice but to listen.

The trust, and yes, the hope, of her people rested in her hands. When she won, they knew it was on her they should depend on to lead them into a brighter, better future. A future that was without conquest, oppression, tyranny, and genocide. She couldn't do that if she was dead.

The key to the Saiyan race's future was in her hands. The sooner she understood what that meant, the better her reign would be.

"I think I understand." It was still beyond her, but she would learn it. Sooner rather than later, she hoped. "I have people like you on my council. I'll get it. Until then, I won't be coming back. This current visit was only going to last until Jagam was dead. Now that he is, I have to return to my people and perform my duties as best I can. I'll keep what you've said in mind, Ochazuke. Thank you."
    "Unfortunate that it would be you rather than your sister," he said, "Then again, perhaps she'll collect her thoughts for the better, given time."

"Of course, some obligations cannot wait. There is no need to shorten your reach to your two hands alone, not with all you have to do."

He lift the pot off the stove and set to work in the sinks. Every labour must have its due diligence.

"But for tonight, you should not keep Ishtar waiting."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "To understand...I must explain the how things currently are beyond the veil. But words are often difficult....so I'll show you."

The ones who still remained felt Cthylla presence touch their minds, and with it came an image, less intence then jinzis but still as clear as if it had been in front of them.

A perfect sphere, containing millions of stars...and the inky blackness that lay beyond it.

"100,000 birth cycles ago....the segment of the void containing your sphere and several others were sealed by the first creator. An segment of the infinite void winds contained, a sphere within a sphere....or so I'd imagine it. I've not seen then edge, only heard upon the void winds. But that is unimportant......"

"When the void was closed.....it sealed many of the fledgling broods, and over time they have congregated just beyond the veils of your spheres. R'lyeh, my brood, is one such....we observer your sphere, and your ways, but ours is not to interfere...especially since the slumber is upon our Broodfather." Cthylla pauses, allowing those gathered a moment to process.

"....there are two others broods of size.....Yahar'gul, Brood of Shub-Niggurath....and Carcosa, Brood of Hastur. Both are varying degrees less...passive then us. Creation does not always gather to it those who see it as a curiosity, but by its nature we are unable to meddle with those inside on any larger a scale then what I am doing now."

Three separate masses appeared on the outside of the sphere, clouds of small "things" barely visible compared to the orb.

"But....something has riled the brood. Yahar'gul spread across the void winds that their Broodfather has awakened from the slumber with the word of Azathoth, who has spoken that the works of the first creator must be ended so the void can return to its former state. Carcosa has fallen silent.....and great Father Cthulhu has not awoken to offer us his guidance. The brood is fragmented on what can be done......So I have come here."

The image vanished from their mind. "Out kind cannot kill another....we have not the capacity. But you are not limited in that. If you can cease Yahar'guls Broodfather....they're goal will disperse to the voidwinds unfinished."
    “And you seek to give us this ability, so you can go back to peacefully observing us?”

Eva looks her over, then looks at Wilhelm and around to anyone else present.

“Any idea when they will attempt to...breach?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Lieutenant Stratovarius replies to this saying " since you own this place I figure that you the CEO as well." " I wish your assistance on undoing this crystallization of this frog alien that my buddy behind me is holding. " " Shining Star don't be shy come out and introduced yourself ." " Shining Star comes out from behind Lieutenant Stratovarius holding a mysterious Toadian inside a Crystalize structure saying in a Meek tone " Hi I am Shining Star Lieutenant Stratovarius's specter or basically an extension of his fighting spirit .

Shining Star's entire body looks like it's made up of energy that glows bluish white and it seems to be in the form of an fragile pre teen boy. Praxat who is on her way to the employment office runs into Jinzi , Lieutenant Stratovarius and Shining Star and then stops in her tracks when she sees the frozen Toadian saying as her skin turns red " wait is that who I think it is? " that platinum color skin, those golden spots and Silver eyes . " " that ancient Toadian royal attire."

" that's Althena Orpheus the worst Queen in the History of the Toadian Kingdom!" " the Queen who abandoned the Toadian Kingdom 2000 years ago according to Historical documents on Qacriea! " Lieutenant Stratovarius replies to this as he looks at Praxat saying " hmm so the frog alien imprison in this crystalize structure is name Althena." " Historical documents don't always tell what exactly happen in the past ."

" especially if it's written to only show one side of a event that happen in the past , but there are always two sides to every story." " did this Althena really Abandon your people 200 years ago? " " free this Althena can revile the whole truth of what really happen on your home planet 2000 years ago." " as she will be able to tell her side of the story."

Lieutenant Stratovarius looks back at Jinzi saying " I found this frozen frog alien who I now know is a Toadian on a dead planet in the North Galaxy buried under sand." " I have theorize that someone or something imprison this Toadian in this Crystalize structure 2,000 years ago and sent it to a dead planet in the North Galaxy. " " I want to discover what happen." Praxat replies to this sayin " well I for one I'm not going to lend you any aid , that Toadian can stay frozen. she's an disgrace to the Kingdom!"
    Jinzi looks between the two before shaking his head.

“I can help, but it will take a while. Days, weeks, maybe longer. Undoing something like that isn’t a wham, bam, thank you ma’am kind of operation.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I guess that shows how much she cares about you
    "

Damnable bitch.

Death wasn't a gentle thing. It was an uneasy, ongoing process, especially when it happened gradually. The realization that death was imminent came far too soon and only proved to prolonged the horrific process even more than necessary.

For Parsley, she assumed it was only fair. After all, how many hundreds of people endured the same slow, agonizing process because of her own actions. Blood spilled in retribution of spilled blood didn't right the latter, but it made the cause of the former feel better about themselves.

Parsley knew the moment before she drew her last breath that her life had come to its conclusion. It wasn't the death she had been hoping for, but one could not choose how one met their end, only what they did in the indeterminate moments leading up to it. She could safely say she wasted hers up until recently.

Falling in love with Avoca changed something within her, for the better. Losing her pride at the hands of her sister did also, again, for the better. It was a shame those two things didn't happen sooner, or else she might have been still alive. Or, at least less regretful.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Avoca would live the rest of her life not knowing how deeply Parsley's feelings for her ran. Sarada would never know how sorry she was for how she treated her during her years ago, and how proud she was of her.

No one would mourn her death except a few, she was sure. To the majority of Saiyans, she was another bigot who died, allowing a more open-minded person to take her place. In the end, as far as they were concerned, her death was a good thing.

That was fine. It wasn't like she could do anything about it from here.

"Wait, where am I?" Ever since she had 'woken up' she had been standing - floating?- in this obscenely long line. How much time had passed?

"What is this place?"
    “The Afterlife.”

Shek’hinah appeared, wearing official clothes of a grey pantsuit, hair pulled back in a serious bun while glasses perch on her nose. A clipboard is tucked under one arm as she looks at Parsley.

“Normally you’d have to go through the line like everyone else, but I’ll handle your intake from here. Follow me.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As the group forged ahead through the hissing, knife-edged foliage for what seemed like hours, Ochazuke walked at the front of the group. His broad frame pushed forward tirelessly, chasing that long-forgotten path in these wilds where it lay consumed by time. For a long moment he neither spoke nor gazed back, his focus on maintaining the subtle sense of Kyokushin Keihatsu, grasping to seize any figment, any hint, as the living aura that pulled them to earth's embrace continued it attempt to hold him out. Time was of the essence.

Auroc's Eye is ever watching, claiming supplication and calling it love. Yet even he knew the name of Zxu'ro.

In so brief an exchange, the lengthy question railed within Ochazuke. How long had his gaze fallen upon this world, and what had he found there in those times unknown? The voice shook him from within, and he had shuddered to behold it, those mocking words of praise, cast from a view to kill. Could he not stand before that veiled Eye, only fall before it when it came time to protect what mattered most?

What had his journey been for?

So resolved to find the answer, the vision begotten to them in the Great Glacier by the Wolf Spirit Mara burned hotter in his memory than the rank airs that assailed them. His pace quickened, flattening brush underfoot as he moved to it.

Even after this tumble out of the sky, Zaofan's spirit was willing, yet still concerned with raising spirits though comfort.

"Heh, have you forgotten your training already, Zao?" he chuckled, "Fire cannot burn a Dragon, only return to it in kind."

Nor those that walked with him. Even as flight was denied to them, the memory of training to channel the Dragon's Endurance remained with him, and the spectal aura of Karura no Kaen swept over Ochazuke. The fire of his will gave him the strength to endure.

"Compared to the kitchen, this should be a pleasant breeze."

The condensation of the thick air remained, perfusing inescapably as they walked deeper into its dark maw. Long ago he had chased after a Tiger across a likewise knot-rooted swelter, and in the echo if his mind he could still see some figment of her gazing back.

It was a sentiment nearer to his heart, for as their group marched forth to uncover another lost art, Ochazuke was all but guarded concerning the man he walked before. Master Balon was the last thread to one entire school thought lost just a scant year ago.

If any peril should befall him, it will be swiftly cut down, he thought to himself, extending his senses as they marched ever deeper toward the Shrine's silent snare.

When he rejoined Zaofan on the Lookout, his martial brother was all too ecstatic to bring another one into the fold. The unexpected ally from the Tournament long ago, she was anything but hapless and had proven herself.

The legacy of Crane, Turtle, Dragon, Snake and Tiger had little issue where Horses were concerned, housed on this planet or where they trepsed in the starry fields elsewhere.

Ochazuke suddenly paused, casting a long look behind him. At first it seemed it was to to ensure they were all accounted for, but he seemed to look right through her at something near the canopy above before resuming the march forward.

Even if it was a fanciful sojourn, for those who had roots even besides that legacy long lost, perhaps in the experience they would learn something.
    After several hours, it is with Ochazuke’s dedicated eye that the entrance is found. Deep in a grove of jungle trees, a thick web is found. Following its strands lead deep into the jungle, until a webbed over entrance to a large rock entrance is found.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “The Afterlife.”

Shek’hinah appeared, wearing official clothes of a grey pantsuit, hair pulled back in a serious bun while glasses perch on her nose. A clipboard is tucked under one arm as she looks at Parsley.

“Normally you’d have to go through the line like everyone else, but I’ll handle your intake from here. Follow me.”
    Parsley glanced up at the new figure before her with a raised eyebrow. She... looked familiar. Where had she...

Wait, was she... yes. She was the woman from the room Sarada charged into stupidly. She also believed she caught a glimpse of her on that Lookout everyone seemed to also congregate to.

Interesting that Parsley would run into her here if all places, this "Afterlife".

"So, it does exist," she commented as she followed after Shek'hinah. "What's about to happen to me?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley glanced up at the new figure before her with a raised eyebrow. She... looked familiar. Where had she...

Wait, was she... yes. She was the woman from the room Sarada charged into stupidly. She also believed she caught a glimpse of her on that Lookout everyone seemed to also congregate to.

Interesting that Parsley would run into her here if all places, this "Afterlife".

"So, it does exist," she commented as she followed after Shek'hinah. "What's about to happen to me?"
    They find themselves in a room, sitting across from one another, Shek’hinah reading the file on her clipboard.

“Judgement. I’m going over your life, Parsley. I’m new to my old job, I’ll grant, but I don’t think I’ve seen a file like this ever.”

A black scale appears between them, evenly balanced, representing a neutral karma.

“350,633,127 murders. Two sentient species wiped from existence. Genocide.”

Several blood red tokens land on one side of the scale, tilting it heavily.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM