Page 191 of 782 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hopefully it won't come to that...I don't wish my first request to the counsel end with a fight. Besides, the situation is grave...I'm sure we..can...." Etrina tilted her head, letting her gaze shift to the side and take in the hallway behind Asha'rah. After a moment of staring, she shook her head slowly in disbelief. ".........Your ability to track dirt all over my floor is truly on the scale of the divine. I...don't think even Erosa can compete with this.....and I don't even have time to clean. Blast it, this will be bothering me all day now."

The mage let out a loud sigh, but nonetheless she motioned to the others. "Well, no use sitting around anymore. I'm pretty sure this is as varied a group as any for tackle our goal....and preparations should be complete in any event." Etrina shuffled over to the corner of the room, where she did a quick examination of the wall. The mage muttered something about needed to purchase another bucket of paint on her next trip out, then pulled a piece of green chalk from her robe and tracing a door shaped outline on her wall. "Bloody counsel mages...I swear....Can't just put in the means for a teleportation spell, have to make due with the most archaic forms of spacial travel....next to walking I mean."

Pulling an envelope from her robe, she extracted a document and placed it at the center of the drawn doorframe before giving it a push. The wall seemed to slide backwards, disintegrating into nothing and leaving a hole that led....somewhere.

-----------

Etrina ushered the gathered group through the minor gateway, which had temporarily connected her home to somewhere they could only imagine was more then a fair distance away from their original position. The destination was a large, well lit chamber that seemed to double as something of a reception area. Several men and women, mages from the look of them, conversed quietly but fired curious side glances towards the group as each arrived. They made no obvious attempts to gawk, though they seemed interested enough with the less human members.

A rather stoic mage sitting near the doorway motioned the group towards him, he held a quill in his hand and has scratching something on a large tome. "Etrina Stoltengarde and Company, I presume?" The man glanced each other, then returned to scratching something in his tome. "Yes, the counsel has been expecting you. The chamber is still being prepared however....if you would kindly wait a few more minutes they will be ready to take you."

"....Of course." Etrina smiled, but it faded quickly back to her neutral frown once she turned away. "My apologies....it seems we need to wait a bit longer....hopefully the stares of a few mages won't be too uncomfort..."

"Etrina Stoltengarde!" A loud voice boomed, and immediately Etrina cringed as if she had heard nails on a chalkboard. The voice had originated from a blue haired young man who was peeking at them from the chamber door. The figure pushed his way into the room, stomped past the now slightly annoyed receptionist and arrived in time for Etrina to wipe the aggravation from her face and attempt a smile. "Ahh, Tomas, what....to what do I owe for such a timely appearance."

"Heard you were putting in an access request for the archive. Came to watch it crash and burn.....no personal offense of course." Tomas raised his hands in a disarming motion. "You know how it is....might as well be the most entertaining thing that happens around here. That being said I wish you the very best of luck."

"As do I....and I actually mean it." A purple haired girl joined the two, a much more positive aura surrounding her the the blue haired man. "Ugh...Could you hold the obnoxiousness for once in your life Tomas. I think Etrina has more then earned it considered she saved your life."

"What? Feh...Fine Fine! I didn't mean it like that at all." Tomas retorted with a sigh. Nonetheless the new girl stepped in front of him and greeted Etrina with a smile. "Charmed as usual. So.....are these the ones you plan on bringing? I think an introduction is in order?"

"Ahhh yes...right." Etrina turned back to the group. "Tomas Hubbard, Helena Blavatsky. Two mages I've had personal dealings with in the past. One of them is an incredibly talented mage....the other....."

Etrina quietly turns to stare at Tomas, who eyes her look before shrugging. "Now Now.......Helena is standing right there. No need to be snide..."
    After more conversation, they finally departed for this so-called mage council. When Sarada stepped through the portal provided by Etrina, she wasn't sure what to expect. She had in her head the image of several shadowy figures sitting behind a long table, faces obscured by shadows in the back of a dimly lit room. Perhaps not exactly accurate, but it was what she decided to go with, as that would give her much more to think on than what she had a feeling it was all about: several stuffy old men in ridiculous clothing prattling on and on about the sanctity of magic, blah blah blah.

Why Etrina felt the need to subjugate herself to such a nonsensical thing was beyond the Saiyan. If there was something she needed to know, she should have been allowed access to it. Knowledge was a free thing, after all. Regardless of how 'sacred' or how 'secret' that knowledge was. A vetting process was all that should have been necessary, which shouldn't have require all this pomp and circumstance.

She stepped through to the other side and found herself in the midst of what looked like a reception area. People conversed quietly with each other, and shot the incoming group curious looks. Specifically her and Ishtar. She supposed it was because they were obviously not human. It was like they had never seen someone not of this world before. Likely not, which boded ill for her in regards the amulet she wanted to learn more about. She doubted already they had seen anything like it; seeing these curious glances only solidified that doubt.

Ignoring the looks, she stood arms folded over her chest while Etrina, she assumed, signed them in or whatever she was talking about with that man. She raised an eyebrow at his writing implement. A...bird's feather? And he was writing on an expansive... what the hell was that? "Why is this guy writing on a giant roll of toilet paper?"

One more piece of evidence on her ever-growing list of proof that humans were strange creatures.

Two more humans walked up; one loud and obnoxious and the other much more harming and pleasant. Sarada cut them both a glance, and committed their names to memory. Tomas and Helena, respectively. It seemed Etrina was much more fond of the latter than the former; no surprise. One second and Sarada was itching to rip his tongue out and feed it to him. There was nothing worse than pretentious worms like him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Time Skip II - Homecoming: The Returning

The remainder of their time on Chroma was filled with constant activity.

Meagan, in order to mix things up, occasionally tried to come up with new and inventive ways for the three of them to train. In the process, they each became stronger, faster and even developed new techniques.

In addition to training, Meagan kept her promise and continued to teach her students. Nearing the end of her time there, she singled out the most talented and gave them lessons in teaching. They would keep the others continually training and teach new students. In time, she fully expected that this would spread enough to make her people stronger.

Then there were the social and political events, meetings or other situations that required her attendance. Mostly she was there as a courtesy, simply watching and listening as others talked or argued. Occasionally one would ask her for an opinion, or even advice. When they did, she responded as best she could. It was hard to tell if they welcomed what she said, or if they were just being polite. Either way, it did not matter so much. They knew more about this than she did, still it was a learning experience.

In the final month of training, she made sure to visit the other city-states, to check on the progress of repairs and to reassure herself that they would be alright without her. Often she would take Cyanna and/or Dash with her.

One week before the departure date, Meagan finally brought Cyanna and Dash to the garden.

-------------------------------

Looking out over the flowers, Dash scratched the side of her face before whistling, "I ain't never seen so many flowers, inside a building before." She then looked up and saw the sky, "Guess it ain't inside after all."

Cyanna smiled as she took in the scents, "This place smells amazing." then she pouted a little, "Why did you hide this from us? We've been everywhere, but we never found this place before." Smiling again, "Is this Lady Iris' garden? Come on, let's go inside."

Meagan gave them a look, "Yes, this is Lady Iris' garden, so show some respect. Follow me and don't wander off."

It wasn't long before they reached the statue.

"Is that Lady Iris? She shore looks pretty."

Meagan nodded, "She was very beautiful."

"Wait, what do you mean by was? Sister, isn't she coming back home? I thought we were going to find her."

With a sad sigh, "I'm afraid not. It was a very long time ago. the odds of her still being alive weren't that great." Meagan then stepped up to the statue, "But she is still with us in spirit."

Placing a hand on the statue, "Lady Iris, I brought the two I spoke of earlier. I hope you will find them as worthy as I do."

She then stepped aside, "One of you, go to the statue and place you hand on it then introduce yourself to Lady Iris."

Dash looked a bit uncomfortable, but Cyanna moved quickly to do so, her excitement was evident. Placing her hand on the base of the statue, "Lady Iris, Hi! I'm Meagan's sister, well foster sister, but that doesn't matter. Oh, right, my name is Cyanna Tur'quoise and I'm 17. It's an honor to meet you."

"That's fine, Cyanna, now let Dash take her turn." Meagan then motioned to her.

Ambling up to the statue, she placed her hand on it, "Um, hello. I'm Rayne Bowine Dashiell, though everyone just calls me Dash. I'm not from here, I'm from Earth. I guess you already know that. It's an honor to kinda meet you and all." She then dropped her hand and backed quickly. Turning to Meagan, "Okay, now what?"

"Be patient."

Soon they all heard her voice, "Cyanna Tur'quoise, you overflow with energy and enthusiasm. Yet you still lack maturity. Why do you fight?"

Cyanna thought about it, "Well, I wanted to be like my sister. I didn't want her to leave me behind, so I wanted to be like her so that we could be together. I mean, that was then. Now, I'm not sure what I want. Maybe I'm still trying to figure that out. But I definitely want to be one of the good guys. I'll probably never be as strong as Meagan, but that's okay. Until I decide, I'll just keep training and when someone needs help I'll be string enough to help them."

The voice considered this, then spoke again, "Rayne Bowine Dashiell, why do you fight?"

"Well now, I fight to become stronger. My clan, they never thought much of me. Said my head was in the clouds, that I daydreamed too much and trained too little. So, I a, just wanted to prove them wrong. I kept training until I was string enough to enter the tournament. Then I met a guy, named Zaofan, and he showed me what real strength is. He showed me what it meant to be a true hero. Since then, I decided that I wanted to be a hero too, just like him."

After a moment, Lady Iris spoke again, "Place your hands upon me once more. Do so and you will be Meagan's apprentices and mine as well."

Cyanna nearly jumped for joy, but contained herself as she placed her hand on the statue. Dash, however, was reluctant, "I don'na know about this."

Turning to look at her, "If you don't, I won't." Cyanna smiled, "You said you wanted to be a hero, now's your chance. Come on."

Meagan then spoke up, "If at any time you change your mind, you will be free to give it up. I have come to know the both of you. If I had thought you weren't worthy, I would not have brought you here. And don't worry, next week we will be going to Earth. There is still much to be done before settling down."

"Yeah, alright, I'll do it." Dash then places her hand on the statue. As she does, the statue glows, then fades, "I have placed my sigil upon your hand. With that mark, you will have free access to the Temple and all that is here. If the time should come where one of you inherits the position of Guardian, that sigil will be the gateway to the power that comes with it."

The two take their hands away and looks at the mark. As they do, it begins to fade.

"That's okay, the symbol will be there for you if you need it." Meagan then bowed to the statue, "Thank you, Lady Iris." Cyanna and Dash also bowed, then the three headed back out into the temple.

One week alter, the Temple is cleaned and sealed up. The magic that protects it will keep it as they left it, no matter how long they are gone.

Saying their goodbyes, the three board the spaceship Meagan used to arrive on Chroma, and took of back to Earth.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-03-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Queen's Mettle, Part I

The day after her coronation, Sarada awoke bright and early to start her day off right. Or, at least she would have if she wasn't busy gawking at her new bedroom. She didn't have much chance to explore her new digs the day before, having been whisked away almost immediately to consult with her council about how much they could accomplish in the weeks leading up to her mandatory departure.

Looking up at the ceiling and the chandelier that was suspended from it mesmerized her. She spent the next fifteen minutes looking at how each dangling diamond glistened in the morning sun. If she could get away with it, she could lay there all day; but, she knew she couldn't. She had plenty to do that day, and the sooner she got to it, the sooner she could be done.

There was a knock on the door. A servant meekly poked her head in. “Your Highness? I'm here with your armor.”

“Ah. Okay. Just... put it on the... whatever this bench thing is right here.” She sat up and stretched. The bed was amazingly comfortable. She intended on breaking the bed in with Ishtar the night before, but fell asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

She kissed Ishtar softly on the nose, then got up to get ready. Everything in the bathroom was so much more elegant than at her apartment. She didn't realize how shiny a toilet could be. The shower was so expansive and had all kinds of stuff: soap racks, a cubbyhole for her body wash, shampoo, and something called conditioner, a back-washer, a detachable shower head with 20 different settings – half of them pulsating, which she sure as **** was going to tease Ishtar with – and a screen built into the shower door so she could stay updated while she bathed.

After washing up and bathing, she returned to her bedroom and got dressed. The armor she chose was certainly a lot different than her old armor. The tights were made of a different material. It was stronger and stretchier. The armor itself left her chest exposed more than her old armor. Oh, well. She supposed she was strong enough that she didn't really need to wear armor anymore. It was mostly for show and a force of habit at this point.

Her hair poofed back to normal shortly after her coronation, so she didn't bother trying to fix it back to the way it was. It was nice while it lasted, but she preferred wearing her hair how it was naturally.

She kissed Ishtar softly. “I'll see you later, love.” She wasn't sure what the Oni was going to get up to. Whatever it was, she was sure she wasn't going to find trouble; or trouble that she couldn't immediately handle.

She stepped through the corridors toward the room where the important, but secret stuff took place. She noticed that everyone she passed immediately stopped what they were doing and either saluted her or bowed their head. She did the same. Jeez. At this rate, I'll have neck issues before my next birthday.

At last, she reached the meeting room. She could already hear voices inside and assumed that the others were already there. When the door was opened for her, she saw she was right. Maiz was there, as was Mato, Becbaga, Senerg, and Lima of the Conglomerate. Absent were his four counterparts – not that Sarada was too broken up about it – and Pinrit. She didn't expect the latter to show up, so him not being there wasn't a surprise. In fact, she was glad he wasn't there. She wanted her reign to be one of progress, and it couldn't be progressive if some racist ******* was stymieing everything they tried to do.

Her council all stood up in near unison and saluted, greeting her with some variation of, “Good morning, Your Highness.”

“Ah, good morning.” She was still getting used to being addressed that way, especially by people a good deal older than her. This whole deal is going to take some getting use to.

The first few hours were spent by the coucilmembers thoroughly briefing her on the state of the planet Vocado, as well as the colonies. For the most part, all was well. Vocado still had much work to do, so a little more time was spent by Mato detailing what he planned on pushing through into law in the next few years. Sarada agreed with much of it.

Senerg suggested devoting a small amount of each planet's yearly income tax intake and devoting that to disaster relief. Ruco and Pepa had been plagued recently by hurricanes and tsunamis, which meant millions of green orbs in damages and many people being left without homes to stay in. That was reasonable, so Sarada voiced her support.

They also briefed her on race relations, which had become much more... tense since the situation between Parsley and Gangal came to light. Saiyans on Callion voiced their unified support of her sister and her wishes to eradicate half-breeds, as well as do away with any purebred who sullied themselves with another race. Many older Saiyans on Vocado, as well as Langal, voiced the same opinions.

She sighed. “I'd like some time to pass by before we start making any moves. Give people some time to calm down and to start thinking rationally.” Or as rational as a Saiyan was capable of thinking. Especially one who felt their way of life was being threatened. “I expect there to be a lot of push-back if we push reform through right away.”

“How long do you suggest we wait?” Senerg inquired.

She was thinking a few months, but that may have been too long. Depending on whether Pinrit was going to be actively working against the viceroy, the Callionians were going to be whipped into a frenzy for a very long time. Getting them to see reason was going to likely take more than waiting for them to see reason. She didn't want to, but she had the sneaking suspicion that she was going to have to make an example out of someone to get them to listen to her. Fear, when used in reasonable doses, was a fine opener to other avenues of debate.

“A few months,” she answered after some thought. “I want ears on Callion and I want frequent updates on Pinrit's whereabouts. If he's actively working against the viceroy, or even if it's rumored that he is, I want to know about it immediately.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Every day was more of the same, yet every day was different. Their morning meetings consisted of them giving her updates on the conditions of the planets – social, economical, health, etc – the state of the Saiyan race's relationships with various outside parties, like the Galaxy Police and certain planets like Nevada, Chroma, etc. Since she had personal relationships with all three of those parties, Sarada felt that she could broker some sort of relationship with them to engender mutual growth and advancement.

Once her business with Jagam was concluded, she would return, then go about setting up diplomatic visits to these worlds to make sure they were on the same page. If not, she would do what she could to make it so. Since she was sure that Held and Meagan were going to be on Earth, she would speak to them about it. She had a feeling Chroma's ruler would be willing to speak with her – given she helped liberate the planet; Nevada... well, the relationship between the Nevadians and the Saiyans had never been good, or even okay, so that would take some work.

As the weeks rolled by, it seemed that Sarada was starting to get the hang of things. Not only that, but it seemed that the Saiyans were starting to warm up to Ishtar. It helped that she was so strong, but kept her nose out of trouble. It wouldn't be long before they would be ready to accept the Oni as their... other Queen. And it wouldn't be long before Sarada was ready to propose to her love. Perhaps in a year or so. She wanted to make sure she was in a place where she could devote as much time to her husband as she could, and that time wasn't now. As much as she wanted to pair with her, it just wasn't possible at the moment.

She had a feeling Ishtar knew that. The Oni did say that as long as they were together, she was happy. That, of course, made Sarada happy, but she wanted more than to just 'be together'.

“Still no word from Parsley,” Maiz noted as the two walked side by side in the palace garden.

“I'm not expecting to see her again until I reach Earth in a few weeks,” Sarada responded. Jagam was pertinent to her sister's interests, so she still expected her to show her face at some point before that battle. Whether or not she was in a place where she could fight effectively remained to be seen. As much joy and delight as seeing Parsley completely breakdown after losing brought Sarada, she couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She had prepared for months for that one moment, then lost in the most humiliating way possible.

“Avoca checked in recently. She says they're both fine.”

In this day and age where Jagam was still alive, something as simple as that took much anxiety off her shoulders. “Great. Maybe she can—”

“Your Highness!” A man landed in front of them and saluted. “I have a report from the health department. There's an outbreak of a new strain of the SaiyAIDS virus. Several thousand people have been infected and have reported a dramatic drop in ki, as well as extreme fever and nausea.”

Sarada frowned heavily. This was the first she had heard of this. “Is there no cure? Or any kind of treatment?”

He shook his head. “No. The virus seems to clear up after a few weeks, but the drop in ki persists and their immune systems have trouble recovering, leaving them vulnerable to other diseases we would normal be immune to.”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Queen's Mettle, Part II

Goddamn it! Just when she thought everything was starting to go well, a viral outbreak had started ripping through the planet. Thousands of people had been infected, but he didn't mention any deaths, so she assumed that meant it wasn't fatal. That was good. “Quarantine those infected in one area. No one gets into or out of the area without a hazmat suit. Find out the source and determine how that person contracted the disease. If it's from outer space, we need to alert the other colonies.”

“We already know the source. It's an elderly man named Pea.” He handed her a screen with Pea's information. “He said he was at the arena watching the Tournament and having a conversation with someone when he suddenly passed out. When he came to, he was in the hospital and had next to no power. He still hadn't recovered his ki. Neither have any of the others infected.”

He was at the tournament? That meant that countless people could have been infected. She hoped that they all went to the nearest hospital, where it would be easier to quarantine them to protect the others. “Who was this person he was speaking with?”

“She didn't tell him much about herself, but she did say her name was Hilda. World Police used the security footage at the Arena to find her.” He handed her a color image of an extremely tall woman in a scanty cloak speaking with Pea. “She doesn't make any hostile actions, but when he passed out, she left.”

“I see.” She didn't look like a Saiyan, so she must have been a visitor from another world. Her face was obscured, so she couldn't tell what she looked like. “If she left instead of getting help, then she might know something. I'll give this to the Galaxy Police and ask them to search for her. Maybe they know something we don't. In the meantime, take a sample of the virus and send it to Turrip. I want them to analyze it and develop an antivirus. Tell them to exercise extreme caution, as it's highly contagious and spreads quickly.”

“Understood, Milady.”

When he left, Sarada and Maiz were left alone again. “A biological contagion. The one thing Saiyans can't defend against,” the latter said quietly.

“You think this was an attack?”

“I don't think. It's happened before. The Tuffles were the ones who developed the SaiyAIDS virus, and that was, what, ten years ago? We still haven't developed a cure. I don't have much hope in this regard, either.” After a moment, she continued. “Those infected are weak, feeble, powerless. If this spreads to the entire planet, we'll be left vulnerable. You and Ishtar are our best chance of defending against any external threat, so it's imperative that neither of you are infected. It's for the best that you two are leaving soon.”

If it was an attack, she couldn't delay on Earth for much longer. As soon as Jagam and his ally were dealt with, she needed to return here to Vocado as soon as possible in case this Hilda woman returned with an army. “You're right, but I won't be gone long. As soon as Jagam is dead, I'll be returning here. Hopefully by then, the GP will have a lead on this Hilda woman.”

“You think they'll help?”

Sarada wasn't surprised Maiz asked that question. It wasn't a secret that they weren't well-liked, even by the GP. She even said as much to P-Sta months ago. “Innocent lives like Pea's have been altered dramatically. If the law is as unbiased as they like to claim, they have no choice but to investigate. If this is an act of war, I need to know where she is so I can respond accordingly.”

Maiz nodded, satisfied and impressed by her answer. “Very well. I hope they find something soon. We haven't sent the last of this woman.”

Sarada nodded her silent agreement. “I'll make a statement later on today.”

Maiz nodded. “Good. Show the people you're on top of this. They need someone to look to for guidance and to keep them calm and rational. That person is you.”

This was what she knew would happen. Eventually, something would come about to test her mettle as Queen. This was it. She needed to remain level-headed, and have a clear and concise plan of action.

She turned around and started for the palace. As she walked, she tapped her wrist to contact her personal servant. “Set up a press conference in one hour. I need to a statement regard the outbreak.”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Pulling an envelope from her robe, she extracted a document and placed it at the center of the drawn doorframe before giving it a push. The wall seemed to slide backwards, disintegrating into nothing and leaving a hole that led....somewhere.
    At this, Ishtar- who had been silent until now simply for not having much to offer- eyed the spell with a curious before offering an amused grunt.

"They wish others to know they are 'learned in the old ways', and in doing so paint themselves as pretentious children." Walking towards the offered doorway then, the Oni offered Etrina a small nod before disappearing through with a final thought.

"At the very least, it means I will enjoy messing with them."

-----------

Etrina ushered the gathered group through the minor gateway, which had temporarily connected her home to somewhere they could only imagine was more then a fair distance away from their original position. The destination was a large, well lit chamber that seemed to double as something of a reception area. Several men and women, mages from the look of them, conversed quietly but fired curious side glances towards the group as each arrived. They made no obvious attempts to gawk, though they seemed interested enough with the less human members.

Stepping through the 'doorway', Ishtar found herself with the others in a large well-lit room that seemed to serve as reception space ... though to say that they received anything more than a tepid welcome would be an exaggeration. Those that did acknowledge them did so with furtive glances- aimed squarely at Ishtar, and Sarada- and a whispering that carried across the vacant space. Clearly these humans had never laid eyes on those of different species, or if they had, it was certainly not a commonplace thing.

Before the golden-eyed woman could say anything to these ... gawkers ... however, Etrina returned after conversing with the receptionist, and offered some news.

A rather stoic mage sitting near the doorway motioned the group towards him, he held a quill in his hand and has scratching something on a large tome. "Etrina Stoltengarde and Company, I presume?" The man glanced each other, then returned to scratching something in his tome. "Yes, the counsel has been expecting you. The chamber is still being prepared however....if you would kindly wait a few more minutes they will be ready to take you."

"....Of course." Etrina smiled, but it faded quickly back to her neutral frown once she turned away. "My apologies....it seems we need to wait a bit longer....hopefully the stares of a few mages won't be too uncomfort..."
    That the young mage was stopped before she could even finish her own train of thought however, the voice responsible causing Etrina to cringe, was ... bothersome.

"Etrina Stoltengarde!" A loud voice boomed, and immediately Etrina cringed as if she had heard nails on a chalkboard. The voice had originated from a blue haired young man who was peeking at them from the chamber door. The figure pushed his way into the room, stomped past the now slightly annoyed receptionist and arrived in time for Etrina to wipe the aggravation from her face and attempt a smile. "Ahh, Tomas, what....to what do I owe for such a timely appearance."

"Heard you were putting in an access request for the archive. Came to watch it crash and burn.....no personal offense of course." Tomas raised his hands in a disarming motion. "You know how it is....might as well be the most entertaining thing that happens around here. That being said I wish you the very best of luck."

"As do I....and I actually mean it." A purple haired girl joined the two, a much more positive aura surrounding her the the blue haired man. "Ugh...Could you hold the obnoxiousness for once in your life Tomas. I think Etrina has more then earned it considered she saved your life."

"What? Feh...Fine Fine! I didn't mean it like that at all." Tomas retorted with a sigh. Nonetheless the new girl stepped in front of him and greeted Etrina with a smile. "Charmed as usual. So.....are these the ones you plan on bringing? I think an introduction is in order?"

"Ahhh yes...right." Etrina turned back to the group. "Tomas Hubbard, Helena Blavatsky. Two mages I've had personal dealings with in the past. One of them is an incredibly talented mage....the other....."

Etrina quietly turns to stare at Tomas, who eyes her look before shrugging. "Now Now.......Helena is standing right there. No need to be snide..."
    And the source was a rather rude blue-haired ... boy, named Thomas.

After the offering of his at best, backhanded compliment however, a purple haired woman joined the group and did what Etrina didn't have the chance to. A thing Ishtar found curious to hear, as she made mention that the Stoltengarde mage had saved this ... Thomas' life. A thing to ask after at a later date, perhaps. After a moment this woman was introduced- along with Thomas- in full, as well. One Helena Blavatsky, and the already annoying Thomas Hubbard. To which Ishtar simply bobbed her head.

"Ishtar."

Stepping a bit closer to the two mages then, the Oni offered a less than subtle sniff in the direction of both, before flashing a small smile. "Etrina speaks true of Helena, at least. The magic that permeates you is of a respectable measure. Thomas however ..." the golden-eyed Oni trailed off before flashing a decidedly more amused smile at the young blue-haired mage, "you are certainly not someone I would consider a peer, so might I be so kind as to ask you remain silent ? I can speak for at least myself and one other, when I say I do not care to hear what you have to say." Ishtar stared at Thomas Hubbard a moment more before stepping back, then.

"So Helena ... what is it you have focused your magical studies on ? I must confess I am quite curious." The Oni then asked.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks at Kai saying " so are there any insects up here , because that's basically the main diet of my race." " especially the Guraizaio on my home planet." " it kind of looks like what earthlings would called a Cockroach expect it's about eight times bigger." " if you don't have any insects than a lettuce Salad would be nice."
    Kai sweatdrops but nods.

“A salad it is. Come.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Several moments passed without a response, yet that would change as steam was suddenly purged from the robotic stranger's body.

"Environmental synchronization complete. Beginning exit routine of [VOD].exe"

Rising to his feet, several panels across his mid-section began to shift, pushing out more clouds of heat vapor as he underwent his changes. Like the cockpit of an aircraft, the panels opened outward, revealing what appeared to be a cocoon of liquid metal, similar to what comprised Adam. The cocoon opened, revealing a small figure, no larger than a child.

Stepping out, the liquid metal was drawn into the new form and bit by bit, sections of the outer form the visitor had previously taken shifted into the same liquid and was subsequently absorbed. Finally, the figure took a definite shape, resembling a human boy roughly nine or ten years old, although his teal skin and orange hair placed him as anything but human. A few moments, however, and his pigment changed to colors more appropriate for Earth.

"If you're talking about Jinzi, I've already had some assistance from him... although he's probably not going to be too pleased once he gets the bill."

He leads her and him in and they share a lovely salad meal together.

“How do you know Jinzi then?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Goddamn it! Just when she thought everything was starting to go well, a viral outbreak had started ripping through the planet. Thousands of people had been infected, but he didn't mention any deaths, so she assumed that meant it wasn't fatal. That was good. “Quarantine those infected in one area. No one gets into or out of the area without a hazmat suit. Find out the source and determine how that person contracted the disease. If it's from outer space, we need to alert the other colonies.”

“We already know the source. It's an elderly man named Pea.” He handed her a screen with Pea's information. “He said he was at the arena watching the Tournament and having a conversation with someone when he suddenly passed out. When he came to, he was in the hospital and had next to no power. He still hadn't recovered his ki. Neither have any of the others infected.”

He was at the tournament? That meant that countless people could have been infected. She hoped that they all went to the nearest hospital, where it would be easier to quarantine them to protect the others. “Who was this person he was speaking with?”

“She didn't tell him much about herself, but she did say her name was Hilda. World Police used the security footage at the Arena to find her.” He handed her a color image of an extremely tall woman in a scanty cloak speaking with Pea. “She doesn't make any hostile actions, but when he passed out, she left.”

“I see.” She didn't look like a Saiyan, so she must have been a visitor from another world. Her face was obscured, so she couldn't tell what she looked like. “If she left instead of getting help, then she might know something. I'll give this to the Galaxy Police and ask them to search for her. Maybe they know something we don't. In the meantime, take a sample of the virus and send it to Turrip. I want them to analyze it and develop an antivirus. Tell them to exercise extreme caution, as it's highly contagious and spreads quickly.”

“Understood, Milady.”

When he left, Sarada and Maiz were left alone again. “A biological contagion. The one thing Saiyans can't defend against,” the latter said quietly.

“You think this was an attack?”

“I don't think. It's happened before. The Tuffles were the ones who developed the SaiyAIDS virus, and that was, what, ten years ago? We still haven't developed a cure. I don't have much hope in this regard, either.” After a moment, she continued. “Those infected are weak, feeble, powerless. If this spreads to the entire planet, we'll be left vulnerable. You and Ishtar are our best chance of defending against any external threat, so it's imperative that neither of you are infected. It's for the best that you two are leaving soon.”

If it was an attack, she couldn't delay on Earth for much longer. As soon as Jagam and his ally were dealt with, she needed to return here to Vocado as soon as possible in case this Hilda woman returned with an army. “You're right, but I won't be gone long. As soon as Jagam is dead, I'll be returning here. Hopefully by then, the GP will have a lead on this Hilda woman.”

“You think they'll help?”

Sarada wasn't surprised Maiz asked that question. It wasn't a secret that they weren't well-liked, even by the GP. She even said as much to P-Sta months ago. “Innocent lives like Pea's have been altered dramatically. If the law is as unbiased as they like to claim, they have no choice but to investigate. If this is an act of war, I need to know where she is so I can respond accordingly.”

Maiz nodded, satisfied and impressed by her answer. “Very well. I hope they find something soon. We haven't sent the last of this woman.”

Sarada nodded her silent agreement. “I'll make a statement later on today.”

Maiz nodded. “Good. Show the people you're on top of this. They need someone to look to for guidance and to keep them calm and rational. That person is you.”

This was what she knew would happen. Eventually, something would come about to test her mettle as Queen. This was it. She needed to remain level-headed, and have a clear and concise plan of action.

She turned around and started for the palace. As she walked, she tapped her wrist to contact her personal servant. “Set up a press conference in one hour. I need to a statement regard the outbreak.”
    There was little need.

That night, in her private chamber, Sarada would find Hilda waiting for her. The tall women stood staring at a mirror, eyes catching Sarada’s in the reflection.

“Congratulations, Your Highness. Have no fear, I am here to cause you no harm.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There was little need.

That night, in her private chamber, Sarada would find Hilda waiting for her. The tall women stood staring at a mirror, eyes catching Sarada’s in the reflection.

“Congratulations, Your Highness. Have no fear, I am here to cause you no harm.”
    If Sarada was surprised or alarmed to see the woman who beset her planet with an infectious disease just weeks ago, she didn't let it show. How this woman managed to get passed her personal guards was a mystery, but not one she felt the need to concern herself with.

"I have a mind to consider your actions an act of war," she stated tersely. "You infected an innocent old man with a biological agent, then let it spread to thousands." She sighed and stepped forward two steps. Her eyes narrowed. "What do you want, Hilda?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In a far off quadrant....

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! P-STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" a plump alien woman decked in a specialized Galaxy Police uniformed cried as other officer's patted her back and offered tissues. "We...we were all gonna meet together on our vacation and have a good time..." she sighed exasperatedly. "B-b-b-but if you're really gone...." she suddenly stood up, looking determined. "Then I'll make sure, you're avenged!"

In another far-off quadrant of space....

"BROOOOO,WHY!" A gruff voice, belonging to another Galaxy patrol officer growled as he punched a hole in a wall, tears streaming from his eyes from beneath his visor. "Why'd ya have ta go and get blown up!" he sobbed. "Don't worry! That Majin won't get away with this! This fist of justice comes with a heapin' helpin' of vengeance!" the angered officer growled, removing his fist from the hole he punched into his ship, suddenly growing alarmed as the air was being sucked out.

In yet another far off quadrant...

"Oh, brother...I always told you and our dear siblings that overzealous nature would get you killed, and in this one case, I'm sad to say, I was right...?" a small woman sighed as she read an email sent to her from GP HQ. She had it displayed on a hologram propped up as she modified the weapons on her ship. "I suppose we'll all have to get to that sector eventually. IT'll take some time...but you will be avenged. By all of us..."

Back in Earth's quadrant...

Two officer took out their data pad to relay a victim of a recent crime. He ran a diner on an asteroid, a regular hangout for meteor miners and galactic explorers looking to take some time off and relax with a drink and a nice warm meal. Not so much now. The place was strewn apart now and sweet smell coming from the asteroid itself, which was no longer made of rock, but a giant waffle.

"You say the suspect went into your diner for some food and demanded...a waffle?" One of the officer,s a horned light blue alien with a brown mustache asked.

"Yeah look, the guy comes in, asking for waffles..." the head chef explains exasperatedly. "I never heard of the stuff, must be an Earth thing. He said mentioned something about Earth. I said we had flapjacks and he started freakin' out! Starts demanding waffles and when we couldn't figure out how to make 'em! Blam! Blam! Big beam shoots out! Half my restaurant becomes a big old waffle! Asteroid becomes a waffle! Most of it's eaten! Then he tastes my soup and says it's ****! The nerve of this guy! Then, worst of all he leaves without paying!"

The officer with the horns turned to look at his partner, an old vet who was some type of rotund red alien with pointy ears and a singular antennae. "Sounds like the Majin don't it....but I've already scoped the perimeter. No sign of him..."

"Still...call it in," the older officer replied grimly. "Get several others in the area. No telling where he could turn up next."

If Sarada was surprised or alarmed to see the woman who beset her planet with an infectious disease just weeks ago, she didn't let it show. How this woman managed to get passed her personal guards was a mystery, but not one she felt the need to concern herself with.

"I have a mind to consider your actions an act of war," she stated tersely. "You infected an innocent old man with a biological agent, then let it spread to thousands." She sighed and stepped forward two steps. Her eyes narrowed. "What do you want, Hilda?"
    “I’m not sure. Revenge, perhaps. Retribution. A reckoning. Had your sister won I simply would have altered the virus a bit and made it lethal. That path would have been easier.”

She turns and looks at Sarada.

“I am the last of my kind. Vorna, a planet not even space able. A peaceful people, so our histories say. I was not born when the Saiyans came and destroyed everything. No, I was raised in the apocalypse left behind. A veritable Stone Age they sent us back too. We did not survive it, and now we are gone. Only I remain, and after two hundred years I have reached you.”

She gestures to the outside.

“I could have killed you all. I still could. Two paths are set before all, one easy and one hard, and I choose the hard path. I bare little hatred for your race. I did not live through your actions, though I felt it’s after effects. I watched my mother starve and wither on what was left on Vorna. I spent five decades carving out enough power and knowledge to reach across the void and bring myself here. And now I find your race....unremarkably brutish. Not the devils in the dark, but more the bullies on the playground. Yet a terrible debt is still owed, your Highness. So I have brought a suffering upon your people. They will be made weak, so that they may learn what it is like to be scared. To be hurt. To be brutalized. And when the real devils come for them, they will know the true price for their owed debts. In that crucible perhaps the Saiyan race will be made better.”

Hilda tilts her head.

“But I am not a monster. No child shall be effected, and neither shall you, your lover, or those few Saiyans who have shown a more remarkable attitude towards empathy. But your sister shall be brought low, as will her lover and many like her. And the cure......the cure wil not come easily.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default The Crowning, Pt. 1

There wasn't much time to rest, after Sarada defeated Parsley.

True, the greatest threat to the Saiyan Empire- of the immediate present- had been defeated, and true, Ishtar already knew full well that Sarada was to be the new Queen of the soon to be unified species; yet that didn't much change the fact that there was yet one more battle to fight. A thing it seemed, that was certain to entertain in light of the discussions on how to properly go about this final contest, given the reservations of those who yet stood to contest Sarada's ascent to power. So when the announcement finally came, that Sarada could compete in this 'Battle Royale', Ishtar had to admit- once Sarada had fully explained it- that what they had decided on was clever. After all, it meant that the others could attempt to mount a counter to the more powerful Sarada, and should the gamble prove successful in stopping her rapid ascent and bid for the throne, the remaining challengers could fight among themselves without worry of being swiftly ripped to pieces. With that in mind then, the Oni's Saiyan love quickly set about preparing, studying film and discussing what was known about Mato's techniques with the care nurse, Maiz, and thankfully what Ishtar had tried to tell Sarada was echoed as well. To not give them room to breath, and to not get complacent in the foregone conclusion that was her victory.

There was also, an interesting tidbit about Parsley, and Avoca.

It seemed that after the former's utter humiliation at the hands of Sarada, and her xenophobic ideology being brought to light after her confrontation with Gangal: she was the laughing stock of the Empire. That Avoca had both decided- and was allowed- to accompany the fallen Ultra Elite simply spoke to the bond both shared. Whether or not that bond was a beneficial thing however, was not for Ishtar herself to say ... though one could only hope that the Parsley who would inevitably return, was not the Parsley who exiled herself. Such musings had no place in the moment, however; and with the day drawing to a close- Maiz having offered all she knew about Mato's techniques- the evening was spent much the same as it had been for nearly a week; going over what the Oni had been able to learn of the opponents to come, even as she attempted to offer what calm and comfort her presence afforded ... and the latter of which proved to be a decisive thing in the end.

Her nerves were starting to get to her. She was at the cusp of achieving a goal she had no intention of setting for herself, for a position that she didn't want. She had half a mind to bow out gracefully and let Mato lead for a while until she gained some age and accomplished some things in her life.

She came close to doing exactly that. Her finger was hovering over the call button when she dialed the Tournament Manager that morning.

Something... in her wouldn't let her. She had come this far, and while her only reason for joining was now a non-issue, she wanted to see this through to the end. Even if she lost in the end, she could still hold her head up high and bask in the knowledge that she not only made it this far, but also stopped Parsley from taking the crown.
    The morning came, and with it came Sarada's second guessing ... a thing Ishtar had certainly seen, and felt coming.

It was not her lover's dream after all, to become Queen. Simply a thing she undertook solely to prevent Parsley from running the Empire into the ground, a thing that had been accomplished the day before. Her bid for the Throne extended no further, it was not a position she felt herself adequate for. Yet slowly, and after much conversation between the two it came to light that despite her reservations, and the belief she would not be the Queen the empire might need; Sarada still felt she needed to see this through until the very end. And with that made known to Ishtar- and a thing she could even feel- all the Oni could do was offer her continued support.

With that decided, and with Ishtar's offer to support Sarada regardless of the outcome- even if the Oni herself knew, along with Maiz and all others what that outcome would be- the final preparations came quickly. By the time the night ended, the incumbent Queen was as prepared as she'd ever be to face Mato, Pinrit, Becbaga, Senerg, Boturega, and this strange 'Conglomerate', their tactics known as far as possible and Sarada's own plan set in stone. So when the Sun began to slowly descend from the sky; the chance to turn back disappeared with it as well. So with a final goodbye, and a promise to see Sarada after the Battle Royale was ended, Ishtar watched her lover depart before calmly making her way over to the Nursery to watch the fight with Maiz.

The rules were simple. When a fighter was incapacitated or otherwise rendered unable to respond to a ten count, they were eliminated. The fight wouldn't stop until there was only one fighter left.

“Fighters ready? ...Begin!”
    And what a fight it turned out to be.

Everyone knew, well before those eleven fighters arrived on the battle scarred Turro, that it was to be a ten versus one. The format simply screamed as much, even to a newborn Saiyan- and Durian- and so for the first few seconds all twenty eight million Saiyan found their eyes transfixed. Would Sarada react first ? Would the ten Saiyan throw themselves toward her one at a time ? The answer to those questions came quickly at least, as the Conglomerate of Saiyans from Turrip began to power up in unison. Though once they reached the limits of what their unique bond could afford, those watching would see it as the remaining four combatants immediately transformed into Oozaru. Though ... as had been proven by Parsley during her battle with Sarada, this itself was as much a blessing as it was a blight. Their power skyrocketed, such that it could almost be felt a world away, surely ... and yet their massive frames would be slower, their attacks more telegraphed. Perhaps the idea was that with the five who had not transformed, they might see to catching Sarada off guard ...

“Very well.” With that, she activated her own Blutz Lamps and transformed into the Hitozaru, even as the Conglomerate and Pinrit closed in.
    Yet everyone knew, even as Sarada transformed herself, that such was a hope at best.

Despite that however, Sarada's opponents had it within themselves to try. With a roar then, five massive beams of energy were fired from the mouths of the Oozaru- blocked barely in time- even as the Conglomerate engaged Sarada in hand-to-hand; and for a moment it seemed as if they had wholly forgotten what this Hitozaru form was capable of in their desperation to stop her from ending them as swiftly as she had the ones that paved the way here. When Sarada committed however, blocking the five as they attempted to pummel her with punches and kicks, they fell away in unison and immediately attempted to snare her with beams of energy, a thing that by itself never would have worked given how strong Sarada was ... and yet they worked as intended. Two Oozaru- if Ishtar remembered correctly, Senerg and Becbaga- pounced then; the former landing a massive blow to the back of Sarada's head, with a beam fired from Becbaga that nearly shattered the planet beneath them ... and to the Oni's credit, the pain that made it through the Aka Manah only forced a grunt.

It was a respectable effort too, the teamwork of the ten. They had managed to work together in unison to shore up the weaknesses of the lumbering giants by operating off of the five that were linked. Despite this, Ishtar knew what the twenty-eight million others did not; that despite the teamwork and might this last line of defense brought to bear there was one thing that mattered above all else:

That it was not enough.

“Ugh,” she groaned as she rose to her feet. Her armor was cracked and her back and head were killing her. She was woozy, but far from done.

“FINAL SHINE ATTACK!” Boturega unleashed a massive white beam of energy that shone as brightly as the moon on a clear night. It dug a wide trench as it hurtled toward Sarada at incredible speed.

Unwilling to give her a chance to do anything, Pinrit and Lima closed in on one side, while Senerg and Becbaga closed in on the opposite side. Chaya, Kuka, Dill and Pumpkin closed off any and all means of escape.[/QUOTE]

Of course, that didn't stop them from trying.

(continued below)
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default The Crowning, Pt. 2

With another roar- this time intelligible- Another blinding attack ... though something more besides was fired off from the mouth of Boturega; and as it carved its way across the ruined surface of Turro, Pinrit and Lima attempted to prevent Sarada from escaping. Though despite their efforts- to their chagrin perhaps ...- it failed. Sarada instead simply shot forward, eyes closed, while at the same time ducking of four opponents. Then with hands cupped, she broke out into a sprint only to jump away from the beam at the last second. And much to Ishtar's amusement, then, as the Saiyan used her Galick Gun to literally surf the energy beam so that she might position herself to lash out as soon as she freed herself from the Final Shine's savage arc.

-----

Maiz had been watching the fight in silence, only making a note of how Ishtar seemed to twitch with each blow Sarada's opponents managed to land. She knew the two were in love, sure ... but that was something far more than that. A question she'd need to ask in time, clearly. Though such was certainly not now. Especially with the display that was now taking place. It was almost as if Sarada was a different person even, reacting almost before each blast, and punch, and kick was even offered ... while at the same time using her techniques in new and creative ways to manipulate her environment and even the terrain that'd been created by Oozaru's mouth blast.

The silence that reigned in the Nursery as Maiz watched however, wasn't soon to last; as all of a sudden Ishtar broke into a chuckle.

What ? Did I miss something ?

Waiting until the noise subsided, Maiz cleared her throat. "Mind if I ask what you're laughing about over there ?"

Turning to look at Maiz then, Ishtar blinked before bobbing her head. "She is using a rather frustrating technique that I am ... intimately familiar with, and something she used only briefly in her fight against Sarada ..." the golden-eyed Oni began to explain. Even as Sarada continued to surf up the Final Shine Attack with her Galick Gun. "She was already faster than they were ... stronger ... with this however ? They will never hit her. When she decides to hit them however ... she will hit them where, when, and how she needs to."

The Oni grimaced as she flashed back to the numerous sparring sessions where Sarada toyed with her, picked her apart even, as she flailed about; only to chuckle again softly.

"I am laughing because it is not me suffering it in full, this time."

At that, Maiz herself began to chuckle softly, before offering the Oni a nod. "I see."

The Care Nurse knew full well just how good the training for Sarada was on Earth, and with Ishtar; but this technique here- the ability to dodge and react almost instinctively- was something else entirely. And the Older Saiyan couldn't help but wonder where Sarada might find herself a year from now. Wherever it was, it was going to be something to see ... especially if she saw herself wearing the crown.

-----

True to form, as soon as Sarada crested the energy wave she had saw within herself to surf with the Galick Gun, she offered a single word.

“Fire.” The purple beam erupted from her hands and struck Boturega point-blank in the chest. The massive beast was pushed away as if caught in a riptide, crashing into the ground and digging a lengthy trench several hundred yards underground.

He didn't move, even though he remained in Oozaru form.
    And like that, Boturega was out.

Sarada had been on the defensive for the entirety of the fight so far, dodging, and ducking, and weaving around energy attacks as she positioned herself to offer a single attack, and like that she'd cut the number down to nine ... it also meant she was on the attack; the defensive aspect of her ability giving way to the offensive aspect. Then she started picking them off, one by one. With a blur that no one- not even Ishtar- could track, the Saiyan disappeared. When she reappeared then finally, she remained in view only long enough to offer two things: a blow that knocked nearly all of Boturega's teeth out ... and a kick that set the massive Oozaru sprawling.

And just like that, the count was eight.

In seconds, two of the ten had been eliminated, and Sarada was just getting started. Despite having never trained to target such places, she struck several pressure points when she appeared beside Becbaga and Senerg, dropping them both to the ground. She finished them off with a pair of stiff kicks to the back of their heads.
    Sarada was far and away from done however, and less than five seconds later, the Saiyan fired off several devastating blows- by targeting pressure points. Without so much as a whimper, then, Becbaga and Senerg followed Boturega on the floor, unable to do anything else but lay face down as their opponent finalized their removal from the running, with two swift, and savage kicks to the back of each of their heads.

The Conglomerate began to converse among themselves, then, thought what was said was lost. The result however wasn't, the five nodded, and began to make themselves ready to perform ... something. Only for Sarada to rocket in- clearly catching them off guard- and dismantling their 'group', by cracking Lima in the jaw with force enough to shatter his jaw and send him flying. Then Sarada turned to Dill, and with a single knee several ribs were cracked, and broken. Not nearly finished however, Sarada struck each with two perfectly timed blasts of Ki, their unconcsious bodies sailing over the horizon.

... and then there were four.

“This Hitozaru form is very formidable,” Mato stated as he approached the remaining Conglomerate. “When Tasure's son taught it to me, he said it could tip the scales of any battle in my favor. I believe the same holds true in this one. Follow my lead.” An audible click heralded his transformation. His power level spiked, but was still well below hers. That was until he unleashed a harrowing roar and started to power up even more.

Just like that, Mato was close to matching her strength. He wasn't quite there, but he was close enough that when fighting with the Conglomerate, they could give her more trouble than she anticipated. She felt herself getting excited for only the second time this tournament.

“Finally.”

The four rulers exploded into motion, splitting off four different ways to cut off any routes of escape or retreat. As before, Sarada knew that the best way to go was forward.
    With only four left however- the three Conglomerate, and Mato- the reigning King of Vocado finally decided to step to the fore.

Just as Maiz had said, as well, the King almost seamlessly shifted into his own Hitozaru, and with a roar that caused his power-level to spike he began his own bid to challenge Sarada. Much to the joy of the remaining Turrip leaders. Undeterred by this though, Sarada shot forward and lashed out. Evidence of his near-parity with Sarada's own PL however, the Final King blocked the blow, the shockwave ripping up the ground beneath the two even as Chaya, and Pumpkin fired what appeared to be heat-seeking balls of Ki. Relying on her training, and the hours and hours of study and planning she did however, Sarada handled this well. Breaking off her engagement with Mato as she worked to evade the energy missiles and come up with a counter-attack.

Kuka however, had other things in mind.

Just before she crashed into the Aegis Protocol erected in front of her, she veered upward and tapped the wall with her right hand. Saiyan's Pride Battering Ram, which she had only used once or twice, created a sizable crack in the wall, just enough to let two of the incoming blasts smash into the wall, destroying it. The remaining two struck Kuka and detonated. It all happened so quickly that she didn't have enough time to get out of the way or brace herself.

Sarada kicked her into the ground, ending her bid for the crown.
    Sarada however, was smarter than this 'Kuka'- a thing Ishtar found amusing in its similarity to the Spanish word for a Cockroach- and even as the woman attempted to block her off with some form of barrier comprised of Ki energy, Sarada charged up and fired off a little-used ability, that caused a spiderweb of cracks to appear on the barrier; and then very suddenly she dodged away. The two energy attacks that had been following Sarada then, broke through the barrier and slammed right into Kuka and a singular kick latter after the woman was stunned by the blasts she couldn't defend herself from ... there were only three in the way of victory.

Mato appeared seconds later and smashed Sarada to the ground. He quickly chased after her in case she managed to recover.
    The remaining three were perhaps the most dangerous however, and with a savage blow Sarada was slammed into the ground, and put on defense once more. Despite quick thinking, and a blast that temporarily obscured Mato from view however; she wasn't able to avoid the surprise attacks from both Pumpkin, and Chaya who lashed out with bursts of both electricity and fire enough to cause their target to cry out in pain.

Fighting through the pain however, her mind made up and her path clear, Sarada responded with a roar of her own that buffeted the two away only to fall on her knees ...

Back in the Nursery, Ishtar and Maiz both startled at this.

(continued below)

Arx Inosaan

Default The Crowning, Pt. 3

Both knew Sarada had suffered a fair bit of damage- the Oni especially- and true she was certainly at a disadvantage here given it was a ten on one. Yet for some reason it certainly seemed odd that she would be brought low after all she'd taken so far in this fight; and yet ... there was a worry that she would see herself knocked out. Ishtar was not certain it would be the case, especially with what she could feel from the Aka Manah ... beyond the pain ... yet both women decided quickly that there was no shame in it should she somehow find herself removed from the tournament. Sarada had traded with the best the six planets had to offer, and she had bested all of them, even going so far as to lay low the Kings, and Queens of what was soon to be the unified empire after all.

In the end however, both found that the worry, was short-lived.

“You can surrender,” Mato said as he landed some distance from her. “No one will think any less of you. You did eliminate their worst nightmare, after all.”

While that may have been true, giving up was admitting these guys were better than her. That wasn't true and everyone knew it. Besides, Ishtar already started calling her queen, and she really hated disappointing her. “I can't. I won't!” She remained on the ground, but still started gathering ki.
    The first mistake, was that the trio stepped in to gloat.

After all, surrender was not a thing any Saiyan was willing to admit tow- even Parsley broken as she was refused- and they all knew it. So for Mato to even suggest such, of course Sarada's response was a given. The second mistake was that Chaya and Pumpkin flew in, in an attempt to finish her off, without fully realizing that even as she offered her defiance ... she was powering up her Ki. With a smirk then, Sarada buried her hand in the surface of Turro, and with a sweeping motion coated the two Saiyans flying in with millions of grains of sand. Sand that immediately exploded with the force of a standard Ki ball, thanks to the Saiyan's Cardinal Touch.

And as the two cried out in pain, Sarada finished them off.

... and then there was one.

“Of course. I often go to her for advise and council. As I'm sure you have, as well.” With that, the two final combatants flew toward each other and engaged. Sarada had the clear strength and speed advantage, but Mato was experienced enough to know what she was going to do before she did it and set himself up to be in a better position to block. It helped that he spent the beginning of the fight gauging her speed and fighting style against the others.
    After a brief exchange the two remaining Saiyans on Turro launched themselves at each other.

Zipping from place to place then, tearing up the surface of Turro as they probed each and every presented weakness in their bid to secure the crown. When Sarada disengaged and fired two energy blasts however, it seemed the timbre of combat changed, the two blasts missing Mato entirely only for the two to continue forward cautiously. Closing in then, the King fired off a beam of spiraling yellow energy that pivoted sharply and prevented Sarada from doing much more than simply evade. Before she could double back however, Sarada found herself staring at another beam of energy .. and at least in this, Mato proved that he had truly deserved his position.

Thinking smart however, Sarada shot straight up into the clouds, even as the beams of energy followed swiftly after. Obscured then, there was no telling what happened until the explosion ripped through the clouds; tinting what remained with a yellow light. For another moment, twenty-eight million souls stared on with rapt attention, searching for any sign of Sarada as the yellow glow faded; and as they looked on- along with Mato- they watched on as Sarada reappeared ... in free-fall.

Not looking to make the same mistake again, Mato shot forward like a rocket to secure his victory.

Yet as soon as he got within a few feet, Sarada pounced, fists glowing with scarlet Ki, and she struck the over-eager King in the face twice, before kicking him in the head and torso. Enough to stun, but not fully, Mato recovered quickly then and replied with two blows of his own that slammed Sarada into the ground. Keying in on the fact that this fight was reaching its apex, Ishtar didn't even focus on the fact that the pain was shared. Just on what Sarada was going to do next, and she didn't disappoint.

She bounced off the hard surface, but wasn't down-and-out enough not to respond. And she responded by firing off another bevy of energy blasts. They seemed to veer wildly out of control, not one of them coming anywhere close to hitting him.
    Two things happened then, that no one but Ishtar wholly understood.

Well aware that Sarada could store orbs of energy for detonation later, she fired orb after orb, after orb at Mato ... and all of them missed. For a second, even Mato himself didn't fully understand, perhaps considering he'd simply hit the Saiyan hard enough to concuss her. Then his eyes widened.

It only took him seconds to figure out what was going on when they stopped and hovered near him. “Oh no.”

“Oh yes.” She summoned the blasts she stored in the clouds earlier, creating a massive network of destruction surrounding Mato in every direction. She then connected these blasts together with energy tethers to ensure that escape was quite impossible.
    With disbelief, Mato uttered two words, replied to by two of Sarada's own ... and like that the trap she'd masterfully set up was sprung.

Linking the orbs together with energy tethers, the makeshift energy net ensnared Mato, and then a moment later it detonated with force enough to mimic the sun and shake the entire planet ... and Ishtar knew well, that she'd softened the blow ... and when the Saiyan Empire saw Mato again, he was prone and not moving.

Unlike the others before her however, Sarada wasn't stupid enough to close without testing the water.

Charging up, she fired of a single shot and the result was immediate.

Mato roared in pain, writhing and squirming on the ground as his pain receptors exploded into overdrive. He never said he surrendered, but rather passed out when the intense pain finally became too much to bear.
    The Agony Matrix struck true, and before Mato could do anything else a level of pain the King had likely never experienced ripped through his body.

When the referees finished the ten count, Sarada felt numb. She had won, but it didn't seem real. It felt like she was having a dream and any moment, she was going to wake up in her bed with Ishtar beside her.
    In the end ... Mato, King of Vocado, never even had a chance to surrender. He simply thrashed about on the ground until it was too much for him, and then all at once he stopped moving; and when the ten-count was finished. The last one standing, the Saiyan that had survived a 10v1 against the Monarchs of the Six Saiyan Worlds, was Sarada... Ishtar released the breath she didn't know she was holding then; and then without a single world she disappeared in a flash of blue lightning.

-----

Maiz simply watched her disappear, before offering a soft chuckle to the empty Nursery.

"The King is dead ... Long live the Queen."

Arx Inosaan

Default The Crowning, Pt. 4

The days following the conclusion of the Tournament of Destiny were abuzz with activity. On Vocado, palace servants busied themselves in preparation for the new Queen's arrival. That meant helping Mato and Toma move their stuff out and ensuring that every square inch of the palace was spic and span. On the colonies, the days were spent deciding on new viceroys who were to govern the planet as Sarada's proxies.

As for Sarada herself, it was spent on Langal with Ishtar. She had to get away from the reporters.
    The days after Sarada's victory- and the first words after her winning the title of 'Queen' being "Holy ****" ...- Ishtar and Sarada spent several days on Langal.

It was rather delightful, even. The coming responsibility for the moment a footnote as the two enjoyed each other's company on the planet. To a lesser extent they even looked into the matter of the magical amulet Sarada had been holding onto, since it'd been gifted to her by the Draconian child ... and what was offered was rather informative. The truth of things being that a powerful mage had finally seen to Nergal's defeat, sealing him away to stop his rampage. Food for thought for later, certainly ...

Allowed to keep the Journal, Sarada and Ishtar left the Museum on Langal only after they'd learned all they could- and after Sarada left the amulet behind- and for the rest of the day they simply enjoyed the sights and sounds of Langal. That the world was intermixed with Saiyans and Offworlders too, was a breath of fresh air, especially after the pall of Parsley's notions had loomed over the past several days ... and in the end when the two returned to Vocado for Sarada's Coronation, both felt better about the future.

In time, Sarada and Ishtar returned to Vocado to prepare for Sarada's coronation. This included having her new royal armor picked out, deciding what she was going to wear, having that made and making any necessary alterations, picking out her shoes, possibly doing something with her hair, preparing her speech. Fucking ****, there was lot she had to do. A lot of **** she really didn't want to, but had to. According to her etiquette coach – yes, she had to learn about etiquette and how a royal was suppose to carry herself – a queen had to be at the summit of style and grace. She couldn't use course language, she had to be well-mannered at all times, she had to ensure that every point of her appearance – from her hair to her shoes – were all of a satisfactory level.

It was ridiculous, but if this was what being Queen meant, then it was what she had to do.
    Upon return to the planet however, a thing happened that Ishtar didn't at all expect, and for the first time in several days they were separated for a singular purpose.

The choosing of outfits.

Despite the Oni's protests, as well, the Saiyan servants that would become the new 'normal' for her, and Sarada, set about quickly determining her measurements ... and it was a thing that was as laborious as it was amusing. After all, never once in history of the Saiyan Empire, had there been a Monarch who had a non-Saiyan consort, and it showed. They poked, prodded, with hems and haws as they memorized Ishtar's dimensions. Of particular interest were her horns, too. Though when Ishtar realized that these ... outfits wouldn't survive should she decide she needed to shapeshift or summon wings, and tail ... the Oni told the servant women to step back. At which point it became something of a madhouse during Ishtar's fitting, the servants taking several moments to reassure- that she wasn't some sort of Daemon, first and foremost- before they slowly resumed their fitting.

In the end however ... Ishtar walked away with several new outfits, though until the Coronation came, they all remained Ishtar's little secret.

The night before her coronation, as had become something a habit as of late, Sarada and Ishtar made passionate love for the last time in her apartment. While she was going to miss her simple abode, she was extremely excited to move into the palace and live the royal life. Being waited on hand and foot by loyal servants, it was going to be great. All she had to do was get through tomorrow morning and everything was going to be a breeze.

Or, she kept telling herself. She knew that her first few years as Queen were going to be difficult. The Saiyan Empire was going to be unified, and the rulers people had become accustomed to had been replaced with essentially puppet rulers serving as her proxies. She had a lot to do, a lot of changes to oversee and usher in, and a lot of responsibilities on her plate. But, she would have Ishtar at her side every step of the way, and for that she was eternally grateful.

After a long night of love-making – gentle this time, as she didn't want a bunch of scratch marks on her when she appeared in front of millions – and falling asleep in her love's arms, the day had finally arrived. She awoke bright and early, as she always did, to meditate to calm her nerves. Then, the went to the palace to get ready.
    The night before the day in question came and went far too quickly for Ishtar's taste, and yet it was as lovely as those that had come before, and those that would undoubtedly come after. And after they made passionate love, they laid together in each other's arms and wondered at the things to come. Of the tasks before Sarada as she began to rule the newly unified Saiyan Empire. Of what that meant for both of them ... and in the end, nothing changed. The Oni confirmed she would be by Sarada's side for every step of the way, until the very end of the path they now walked together.

When the morning rolled around finally, the two awoke bright and early, and after making sure Sarada was as prepared as she'd ever be, the Oni offered a farewell as Sarada slipped off to the Palace to prepare. Ishtar had considered coming with her of course ... yet in the end, had decided against it- choosing to come shortly after- to prevent any issues leading up to the ceremony. So when Ishtar finally arrived and made herself as presentable as possible ... the Coronation was already underway.

With that gesture as the salute that followed, Sarada was officially the Queen of the Saiyan Empire.
    The Coronation itself was a rather flowery affair that Ishtar hadn't at all expected, either.

Yet in the end it spoke volumes of the progress the Saiyan Empire had made, and hinted at the progress yet to come. Then, after it was all said and done, the medallion placed upon Sarada's head; and the final gestures offered. Sarada was officially Queen. Though that was not the end of it, and as Sarada took to the podium, Ishtar prepared herself for the speech that had taken long hours and many revisions from the Royal Speechwriters.

The applause and cheers from those below were somehow louder than the ones before. I can't believe this is happening! I'm gonna cry! She took in a breath to calm herself, then stepped to the podium to address her subjects.

“Loyal subjects of the Saiyan Empire, this is indeed a joyous and monumental occasion ...

“Until that day comes, let's stay the course and become stronger fighters and people together! Long live the Saiyan Empire!”

She saluted the crowd, who saluted back, then she stepped back inside as the Saiyan anthem played in the background.
    And in the end ... Sarada discarded literally most of it.

What followed however, was an offering of words and an outpouring of emotions that had been completely absent in the 'official statement'. What followed was something far better than ever could have been realized by those who had not lived, and loved to the degree Sarada had ... and despite her concerns that she might not be the proper Queen, might not live up to the expectations set for her ... what Sarada offered was the truth as best she could. Proving without a shadow of a doubt that even if she wasn't quite there yet, the young Saiyan who had fallen in love with an Oni, would become the Queen this Empire needed to survive ... and when the speech was finally ended and everyone stared up in awe. Ishtar simply smiled.

What a luminous soul.

---

When it was finished, and after Sarada had returned back behind the curtain to the tune of the Saiyan so she could speak with Maiz, Pinach, Rutaba, and the Trashcan she vomited in ... Ishtar allowed herself to finally be seen. A dress that had taken many, many hours to properly design, the Oni had done her utmost to make it pair with Sarada's Regal Vestments ... and in the end it certainly did.

"A beautiful dress, a beautiful speech. Thinking back, this is hardly the actions of the Saiyan I recall meeting all those months ago." The Oni offered, softly, before smiling over at her love. "Though in the end I would not have it any other way." Still smiling at Sarada then, the Oni stepped forward before bowing low; raising up a moment later with a goofy grin on her face.

"All I can say now however ... is that I love you, and look forward to what comes next ... My Queen." And at this Ishtar could only chuckle softly.

After all ... Sarada was a Queen now ... it was only a matter of time before she attained the title of Goddess.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I’m not sure. Revenge, perhaps. Retribution. A reckoning. Had your sister won I simply would have altered the virus a bit and made it lethal. That path would have been easier.”

She turns and looks at Sarada.

“I am the last of my kind. Vorna, a planet not even space able. A peaceful people, so our histories say. I was not born when the Saiyans came and destroyed everything. No, I was raised in the apocalypse left behind. A veritable Stone Age they sent us back too. We did not survive it, and now we are gone. Only I remain, and after two hundred years I have reached you.”

She gestures to the outside.

“I could have killed you all. I still could. Two paths are set before all, one easy and one hard, and I choose the hard path. I bare little hatred for your race. I did not live through your actions, though I felt it’s after effects. I watched my mother starve and wither on what was left on Vorna. I spent five decades carving out enough power and knowledge to reach across the void and bring myself here. And now I find your race....unremarkably brutish. Not the devils in the dark, but more the bullies on the playground. Yet a terrible debt is still owed, your Highness. So I have brought a suffering upon your people. They will be made weak, so that they may learn what it is like to be scared. To be hurt. To be brutalized. And when the real devils come for them, they will know the true price for their owed debts. In that crucible perhaps the Saiyan race will be made better.”

Hilda tilts her head.

“But I am not a monster. No child shall be effected, and neither shall you, your lover, or those few Saiyans who have shown a more remarkable attitude towards empathy. But your sister shall be brought low, as will her lover and many like her. And the cure......the cure wil not come easily.”
    It was the same story that so many other survivors of Saiyan attacks in the past had to tell. It was story of devastation, of growing up in an apocalyptic world, of watching loved ones wither away and die an early death, and of feeling helpless and full of impotent rage.

Sarada scoffed when she heard the same tale regaled by the Snek queen months ago. Her people had been wiped out, and she waited four hundred years for her revenge. Annoyed that her vacation had been sullied, Sarada wiped them all out.

She could try to do the same to Hilda. She was the last of her race. It wouldn't take much to push the remaining member of the Varna race to extinction. She had a right to; Hilda attacked her race with a biological attack, and admitted to wanting them brought low. Yet, it wouldn't end.

There were countless Hildas in the universe, all thirsty for revenge against the Saiyans. Otatop's legacy was one drenched in blood and paved with the bodies of countless trillions of innocent people. Men, women, and children were all slaughtered simply for no other reason than they could do so with impunity. Now, hundreds of years later, that very same race was facing the consequences of their sordid actions. While it was Sarada's duty to ensure the safety of her people -- all of her people -- she found herself empathizing with Hilda, a thing she failed to do with the Snek queen.

Whoever these 'real devils' were, Sarada would deal with them when they came. First Jagam would fall, and then whoever dared come after him would face the same fate.

"It's my duty to protect this race from anyone who means it harm," she started in response. She had been silent long after Hilda finished speaking. There had been a lot to parse through, and this was her chance to give her first real diplomatic answer in the face of a potentially hostile foe. I wish Maiz was here. She would know what to say/ "Look, I get it. You were born in an apocalypse, you watched your people wither away and die. I get that. And the fact that you just didn't start killing people at the Arena weeks ago shows you aren't a bad person. But, I can't... I won't let you do this."

This was a risk. Hilda had shown no intention to attack, but once Sarada finished saying what she had to say, that may have changed. Still, she was the Queen. She was the leader of the Saiyan race. She couldn't roll over and let an outsider harm her people and leave them vulnerable to attack. When and if these 'real devils' showed themselves, the thousands infected and quarantined were going to die. If she let that happen out of some sense of guilt and a need to offer reparations, then that was a failure on her part. Lives were not going to be lost if she could help it.

"If you were at the tournament, then you know of the extensive protests that cropped up quickly against my sister. Millions of Saiyans disagreed with her. Surely, you realize that means we're changing for the better. And while that change is slower to take place in some than others, change takes time. I won't let you leave my people vulnerable. I can't. This," she reached up and touched the medallion hanging from her neck, "means I'm their protector. I can't sit idle and let you weaken them and leave them open to attack. If what you say is true, then they'll die, and that's a failure on my part.

"There are better ways to achieve reparations than this. I...I can bring your people back. I can restore your planet back to what it was before the Saiyans ever showed up." She wasn't sure that was true. The Earth dragon already stated that it couldn't bring back multiple deceased ones that died a long time ago. That was Jagam's victims, which had only been dead ten years or so. Hilda's race had been exterminated for over two hundred.

Earth's dragonballs couldn't, but perhaps the Namekian balls could. They, she imagined, were far more powerful, having originated on Namek. It was worth a shot. If it meant that her race could be restored to full power and continue its slow trek to redemption, then so be it.

"I restore your world and your people, and you provide me with the antidote to the virus. That's my only offer."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!