Page 291 of 782 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ochazuke's voice cut into the comm, a pair of words spoke firmly and unwavering.

"Stand down?" The words at this moment sounded foreign, as if spoke by an ancient alien in a long dead dialect forgotten by mortal ears. They also carried an action that was the exact opposite of what she knew needed to be done. Staying put meant leaving Ishtar with that undead god, something that was unacceptable.

"No! Ishtar's in trouble and I'm coming to help her!"
    "To cross the distance between us, by the time you get here it will already be too late," Ochazuke replied. "Hasten the effort, and by your own strength you will do little more than signal yourself as fodder to Dead and Watcher alike while you swell their ranks behind you."

Were they able to summon their full array of powers, faceless words would likely do little to stymie her, least of all under the duress of that Saiyan's warrior's passion, and a torrent of energy would rain down to cut the planet in half if it meant saving what mattered most. But under these aged stars such circumstances were hardly ordinary, and the power that raised with errant whims would avail nobody.

"Do not pursue peril recklessly. Is the weight of your crown so hollow?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-20-2018 at 10:56 PM.

She'd have to fly without an aura, which would drive her insane, but it was the safest bet. "Ishtar and the others are in trouble. They ran into a dead god of destruction. Ishtar's already hurt and the Cairn Yard was destroyed. Follow me if you want but keep your power down." With that and without waiting for replies from the others, she flew toward where she felt Ishtar and the others as fast as she could without raising her power.
    "I get it. Like the ki version of 'silent running' on submarines!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A God of Destruction... haven't had one of those in a long time...

Those inner stirrings only confused Charco, but he had long learned not to bother delving too deep into questions he might never get the answers for. Still, such an event was enough to get him out of his seat, "No idea what the hell that is, but it sounds fun." With that, he took off after Sarada.
    With Sarada, Meagan, and Charco off to the rescue, Zaofan quickly takes to the air soon after them, but rather he does a superspeed version of his Wushu Levitation, taking fast but mighty leaps, crossing large gulfs in single bounds. With the technique using almost no ki at all, plus the fact that his speed meaning that each jump uses using only the faintest of ki bursts (meaning, the vast majority of travel with this method should require no ki at all), Zaofan reasons that this mode of travel should not only decrease the chances of setting off the undead, but should also make him a harder target to catch should they indeed notice him.

Ochazuke's voice cut into the comm, a pair of words spoke firmly and unwavering.

"Stand down?" The words at this moment sounded foreign, as if spoke by an ancient alien in a long dead dialect forgotten by mortal ears. They also carried an action that was the exact opposite of what she knew needed to be done. Staying put meant leaving Ishtar with that undead god, something that was unacceptable.

"No! Ishtar's in trouble and I'm coming to help her!"
    Zaofan takes to the comms. "Ochazuke must have a good reason for telling us to stand down. But there's also no stopping Sarada, either. Even if we were in front of her, I doubt we'd have the power to hold her back. So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-20-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "To cross the distance between us, by the time you get here it will already be too late," Ochazuke replied. "Hasten the effort, and by your own strength you will do little more than signal yourself as fodder to Dead and Watcher alike while you swell their ranks behind you."

Were they able to summon their full array of powers, faceless words would likely do little to stymie her, least of all under the duress of that Saiyan's warrior's passion, and a torrent of energy would rain down to cut the planet in half if it meant saving what mattered most. But under these aged stars such circumstances were hardly ordinary, and the power that raised with errant whims would avail nobody.

"Do not pursue peril recklessly. Is the weight of your crown so hollow?"
    In mid-jump, Zaofan heeds the words of Ochazuke, at least enough to ask Meagan and the others: "Um. Did we bring any of the weapons you used to take down those fighters? I only brought Bojack. That's all!"

Zaofan takes another leap, and though under any normal circumstance this method of travel would seem fast and even enjoyable, the fact of the matter is that it's still a far cry from their usual flight speeds.

"But if speed is an issue -- I wonder, if activating the Wolf's Prowl to reach you all even sooner would trigger the dead all the same..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar attempts to find a suitable corpse, something happens that gives her pause.

There is a flickering sound ... a voice on the wind perhaps, and it is almost as if it is saying Asha'rah's name. This place ... Before she is capable of turning to ask, however, if the voice had been heard by any of the others, though in the end she is never afforded the chance.

"Did anyo-"

An hand, strong as Katchin, explodes from the haunted soil, and Ishtar's eyes widen -- first in surprise, that quickly transitions to pain - - as she feels her bones shift, and snap as it clamps down and all but shatters her arm.

"....."

With a word then, the voice on the wind unmistakably there, now; the ground then disappears in a flash of reddish-black ... and while Ishtar knows not who this individual is, she knows well Hakai, when she sees it; and she knows well too, the species corpse that wields it.

A Namekian.

Oh ...

By the time he finally speaks, a taunt and a thanks for a gift offered -- Hakai ... Ishtar's Hakai -- the haze of surprise and pain replaced by full awareness, the golden-eyed Oni certainly had something to say.

"A gift is given to another, willingly. My Hakai is not."

Katchin Sword materializing in her unbroken arm -- the right -- Ishtar swings without a moment's hesitation, with intent to free herself from the hand clamped firmly down upon her now broken arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Those sorting through the remains of the machines find the metal outer casing is extremely durable. Not katchin, but still up there in durability. Insid each has a generator for the blasts that convert solar energy, alongside a strange speherical red marble mounted inside. No idea what that does.

———

When Asha’rah hears that echo of a voice reach out to her is the same time Ishtar attempts to wake the dead.

A low voice echoes across the Cairn Yard.

‘Asha’rah! Asha’rah! ASHA’RAH!’

A decaying arm shoots out of the ground, wrapping around Asha’rah’s throat with incredible force, the fingers actually denting her metallic neck. Another shoots out and latches onto to Ishtar’s forearm, the grip breaking her arm as a terrible weight seems to fall upon all their senses as the voice speaks again.

Hakai!’

The Cairn Yard floor, where the dead had come from, glows reddish black and then vanishes, leaving a giant hole with two incredibly strectched arms holding the two women. The arms pull something up out of the darkness.

Glowing with a faint aura of destruction, the clearly dead Namekian looks with his missing eyes and grins.

‘You have awoken me, foolish Asha’rah. And brought me a gift of Hakai in the Oni. Thank you.’

Asha’rah knows him as Hammer, God of Destruction for Universe 18. The Mad GoD, put down and trapped millennia ago by a God of Creation during Asha’rah’s Rebellion. The memory finally slides in place in her mind. Awoken now by Ishtar and Asha’rah, beings with the energy he craves.
    Held had barely began to formulate a reply to Ochazuke before the ominous voice interrupted his train of thought.

Whipping around at breakneck speeds, his eyes narrowed as he looked upon the rotting corpse of what appeared to be a Namekian. Had he not witnessed it with his own eyes, he would have doubted the cadaver had the power to walk on its own, let alone restrain two ladies of the same caliber as those he had. If the Nevadians eyes were not deceiving him, he actually seemed to overpower Ishtar enough to break flesh and bone, the shatter echoing across the barren wastes.

Does Asha'Rah actually know this guy? I know she was a bit of an oddity, but this takes the cake...I don't even know if we're in the same universe.

"Good grief, I've seen more Namekians in the past year than I have in the past five, and two out of three seem to be none to fond of us..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As Ishtar attempts to find a suitable corpse, something happens that gives her pause.

There is a flickering sound ... a voice on the wind perhaps, and it is almost as if it is saying Asha'rah's name. This place ... Before she is capable of turning to ask, however, if the voice had been heard by any of the others, though in the end she is never afforded the chance.

"Did anyo-"

An hand, strong as Katchin, explodes from the haunted soil, and Ishtar's eyes widen -- first in surprise, that quickly transitions to pain - - as she feels her bones shift, and snap as it clamps down and all but shatters her arm.

"....."

With a word then, the voice on the wind unmistakably there, now; the ground then disappears in a flash of reddish-black ... and while Ishtar knows not who this individual is, she knows well Hakai, when she sees it; and she knows well too, the species corpse that wields it.

A Namekian.

Oh ...

By the time he finally speaks, a taunt and a thanks for a gift offered -- Hakai ... Ishtar's Hakai -- the haze of surprise and pain replaced by full awareness, the golden-eyed Oni certainly had something to say.

"A gift is given to another, willingly. My Hakai is not."

Katchin Sword materializing in her unbroken arm -- the right -- Ishtar swings without a moment's hesitation, with intent to free herself from the hand clamped firmly down upon her now broken arm.
    The sword cuts right through, severing the arm and letting Ishtar free. The hand on her arm withers and turns to dust even as a new decayed arm grows back on Hammer.

A high powered sound rings through the air as Wilhelm fires and severs the hand holding Asha’rah, freeing her. This arm too grows back, and Hammer just laughs.

‘Toys and tricks. Weak.’

His form begins to grow, the stench of millennia’s of decay, rot, and dirt fills the air as his form grows bigger.
    He turned his attention from the Injured Oni--Still able to counter the Namekian in some respects, before Willheim had separated the two. If nothing else, her injuries--while severe--were not the type to stymie her. So, Held focused on the more urgent matter.

He frowned as the rotting corpse grew larger, seemingly from nothing, a disgusting sight to behold if ever there was one.

Ugh. Again with the rot on this planet. I can barely stand it....

"Asha'Rah, is there something you maybe want to tell me?" Held asked, jumping backwards slightly to put a greater distance between him and his new foe. "I'm normally not one to pray into the affairs of others, but....I get the feeling your problems are mine, now."
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-20-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Jack watches as this new Namekian Corpse-God attacks Ishtar.

Severing his arms worked, but he just regrew them. Now he was growing bigger.

"You're a lot more powerful than any of us, I'm guessing?" Jack asked, though he already knew the answer, a green form bursting forth from his hand and forming a claymore, which he held in a high guard, above his head, preparing to defend himself from whatever came next.

"Can't you just...I don't know, leave us alone or something?" He asked, despite the fact that he already knew the answer, "What's the goal here, if you do take the Ha...Hookey...whatever it is you want from Ishtar? Can you bring back the world?"

Who am I to ask? My whole deal was about clinging to life, right up until I died. What right do I have to question him. I'm not even sure what I'm even about anymore.

We're getting a little introspective now are we? Manco's voice rang out in Jack's head. Pay attention to this next part, you might learn something.

still inside the armory Praxat is busy building her mech. she has even said a word but the sounds one would associated with mechanical engineering and electrical engineering can be herd though the armory door. meanwhile back on earth Khan is checking out a fall burnt tree tangle in powerlines saying " well here's the problem some nitwit cut down a tree near a powerline. " " obviously this was dealt with by the fire department of this area before it became too much of a hazard. "

" still I have to fix this mess." " can get these people their power back." " I mean some of the people here are probably mad right now that their missing what ever show or game their were watching because some dumbass decide to cut down a tree near a powerline." " dammit morons like that just make my job harder."

Khan takes out a silver metallic cube from his pocket saying " my pupil Praxat told me this tiny metallic cube contains her entire ship in it." " well it's not as stylish as a capsule , and it's kind of bland seeing as it's a metallic cube. " " however the thing functions and works like is supposed to , and that's all that matters." " even if the design is kind of bland. "

" I seen her spaceship before and for a spaceship it's rather bland looking." " obviously it's very high tech but the overall design is just average and bland." " of course Praxat isn't artistic genius and how her ship is design shows it." Khan looks at the tree saying " okay I'll used this Jobox cube as Praxat calls it to remove that fallen tree."

Khan press on the side of the Jobox cube and then tosses it at the tree suddenly by some strange force the fallen burnt tree is suck inside the cube and store inside it's subspace . after the tree is close it immediately closes and Khan picks it up saying " okay I still don't know how the hell this damn thing works, but hey I'm not complain ." " it got the job done." " now with that tree out of the way I can get to work on fix the power in this area so the people here can have electricity."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

She'd have to fly without an aura, which would drive her iinsane, but it was the safest bet. "Ishtar and the others are in trouble. They ran into a dead god of destruction. Ishtar's already hurt and the Cairn Yard was destroyed. Follow me if you want but keep your power down." With that and without waiting for replies from the others, she flew toward where she felt Ishtar and the others as fast as she could without raising her power.
    "God of destruction..." Sasheem whispered to himself, following Sarada. Now he could witness further what made up this annihilating energy of the gods. Looks like fortune fell pm him today. The Majin smirked, remembering to fly at low power....an annoyance but manageable. ...And also slow.

"The Cairn Yard...it's pretty far, y'know..." Sasheem noted to Sarada.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 09-21-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ochazuke's reason...

The Cairn was far. Very far. It took them a long while to get the the bunker from there when all was safe and they weren't in a hurry. Now that she was, Sarada would need to power up to get there in enough time to make a difference. But, as she already realized, doing do would only add to their enemies at the that time.

"Goddamn it!!"

She stopped flying, breathing heavily as her anger swelled inside. She wanted, no, needed to be there to help her love, but she wasn't going to make it before the battles ended, one way or the other.

If she dies, I'll destroy this entire fucking planet.

Bitter thoughts aside, she had no choice. She said nothing, letting her actions - or lack thereof - speak for her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke's reason...

The Cairn was far. Very far. It took them a long while to get the the bunker from there when all was safe and they weren't in a hurry. Now that she was, Sarada would need to power up to get there in enough time to make a difference. But, as she already realized, doing do would only add to their enemies at the that time.

"Goddamn it!!"

She stopped flying, breathing heavily as her anger swelled inside. She wanted, no, needed to be there to help her love, but she wasn't going to make it before the battles ended, one way or the other.

Bitter thoughts aside, she had no choice. She said nothing, letting her actions - or lack thereof - speak for her.
    Also hearing Ochazuke's words, Meagan slowed down til she was next to Sarada. Closing her eyes, Closing her eyes, Meagan then reopened all three, looking out towards the Cairns. Her sight allowed her to get a good look at what they were fighting, as she did, "This GoD was sealed away, it may be impossible to fight it to destruction, only to reseal it back again. The ones who know best how to do this are already there."

She was frustrated and worried as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The sword cuts right through, severing the arm and letting Ishtar free. The hand on her arm withers and turns to dust even as a new decayed arm grows back on Hammer.

A high powered sound rings through the air as Wilhelm fires and severs the hand holding Asha’rah, freeing her. This arm too grows back, and Hammer just laughs.

‘Toys and tricks. Weak.’

His form begins to grow, the stench of millennia’s of decay, rot, and dirt fills the air as his form grows bigger.
    When the blade severs the arm, Ishtar drops quickly thankful for the momentary respite. As Hammer began to regenerate however, the Oni knew she had but a moment to prepare.

Arm is broken ... this bodes ill.

The Katchin Blade disappeared, and flowed up the Oni's arm, across her shoulders, and down the broken arm. It would be a loss, the blade itself ... and yet without an arm she was at even more of a disadvantage; so using it as a makeshift cast would have to do. Once finished, Ishtar exhaled slowly, and took stock as Hammer continued to regenerate, and then increase in size.

The Carin Yard is gone and with it the threat of the dead below ... yet the others will not arrive quickly ... and this fallen GoD is beyond me at current ...

Ishtar sighed.

Holding back would likely be the smartest course regardless, there was no telling what may come ... and yet. There was perhaps one thing she might do, that did not require an immediate use of Ki. Glowing horns bobbed gently in a nod to herself, before she addressed Hammer, then.

"You wish to see more than toys, and tricks then ? So be it."

Rolling her shoulders, she stepped toward the now massive Namekian and uttered a single word.

"Arashka."

Surging forward in a blur then, the golden-eyed Oni slammed into the undead GoD's left leg, Katchin Claws at the ready to claw into -- or sever -- the rotten leg from the rest of its body.

OT: Arashka is now active. Incoming Damage from Enemies/Self will increase Ishtar's PL by a percentage of her current PL (50%). Maximum PL increase is equal to (x5) her current PL (????). This ability will end after she is separated from any damage source after (5) in-game posts.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

suddenly the doors of the armory opens and a larger mech armed to the teeth with high tech weaponry steps out and appears before Cyanna, Dash. it's hatch opens and Praxat pops out of it saying" oh yeah I made myself a fricken battle mech!" " this should even the odds against those mechanical beast that are out there." " so what you two think pretty cool huh!"

"it's body is made is from the interiors of those mechanical birds that attack us earlier." " the interior is cover in a coating of my own mucus to provide insulation against electricity." " thus making this bad boy electric proof and immune to Electromagnetic pluses ." " it's being power by a power core from one of those mechanical birds and attached to it's back are a pair of those things wings with boosters for flight."

"I rigged it with a state of the art radar system, and the coolest thing is that this mech is entirely control by my mind viva a Neural-Interface uplink system!" " I called it the X21G5987X Alpha. "

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Ochazuke's reason...

"Goddamn it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Also hearing Ochazuke's words, Meagan slowed down til she was next to Sarada. Closing her eyes, Closing her eyes, Meagan then reopened all three, looking out towards the Cairns. Her sight allowed her to get a good look at what they were fighting, as she did, "This GoD was sealed away, it may be impossible to fight it to destruction, only to reseal it back again. The ones who know best how to do this are already there."

She was frustrated and worried as well.
    Zaofan super-jumps but then looks to the side to see that Sarada and Co. have stopped their flight, hovering in mid-air. He unwittingly jumps in front of them, before he realizes that he needs to turn back. Halting his jump at the apex, he suspends himself also in mid-air, and (relatively) slowly, floats back to the others.

"So, what do we do, then? We can't just stand around helplessly while our friends deal with... whatever that is they're facing."

Zaofan then crosses his arms and rubs his chin. "We're all fast flyers here. What if we fly to the upper atmosphere and then dive right back down there? We'd be able to fly at our best speeds, but hopefully at an altitude that's too high for the dead to detect. Then when we're right above our friends, we can cut our ki and descend into free-fall the rest of the way there."

He looks at Sarada, and then Meagan, and then back to Sarada. "...ah, that's all I've got, your highness. Other than, maybe, siccing the dead on top of their foe somehow. Like, intentionally lead them onto the foe for it to deal with and then air-lift our friends out of there before the dead catch up to us. We'd have to be fast there, too, though. Both to draw them there and to get the others out of there as quickly as possible."
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-21-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan super-jumps but then looks to the side to see that Sarada and Co. have stopped their flight, hovering in mid-air. He unwittingly jumps in front of them, before he realizes that he needs to turn back. Halting his jump at the apex, he suspends himself also in mid-air, and (relatively) slowly, floats back to the others.

"So, what do we do, then? We can't just stand around helplessly while our friends deal with... whatever that is they're facing."

Zaofan then crosses his arms and rubs his chin. "We're all fast flyers here. What if we fly to the upper atmosphere and then dive right back down there? We'd be able to fly at our best speeds, but hopefully at an altitude that's too high for the dead to detect. Then when we're right above our friends, we can cut our ki and descend into free-fall the rest of the way there."

He looks at Sarada, and then Meagan, and then back to Sarada. "...ah, that's all I've got, your highness. Other than, maybe, siccing the dead on top of their foe somehow. Like, intentionally lead them onto the foe for it to deal with and then air-lift our friends out of there before the dead catch up to us. We'd have to be fast there, too, though. Both to draw them there and to get the others out of there as quickly as possible."
    "Ero....The Enemy is too strong for some undead birds to handle......" Erosa crawled forward, a determined look on her face. ".......No...I'll handle this one. I'll power up as far as I can go and fly ahead, you guys stay behind and only use enough energy to move as fast as you can. I'll pull off before reaching the stones and lure anything that takes the bait away while you beat up the enemy."

Erosa hops up on two legs and stretches her arms. "Don't worry about me, I can hide once I know they're far enough away.....or worst case I'll just take a beating and pull myself back together later."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ero....The Enemy is too strong for some undead birds to handle......" Erosa crawled forward, a determined look on her face. ".......No...I'll handle this one. I'll power up as far as I can go and fly ahead, you guys stay behind and only use enough energy to move as fast as you can. I'll pull off before reaching the stones and lure anything that takes the bait away while you beat up the enemy."

Erosa hops up on two legs and stretches her arms. "Don't worry about me, I can hide once I know they're far enough away.....or worst case I'll just take a beating and pull myself back together later."
    Oh, Erosa. It's been too long since they've last had a chance to simply hang. And yet, her stepping up to volunteer for such a mission is enough to turn a certain tide. Some time ago, when Zaofan competed in the World Martial Arts Tournament Battle Royale on Turtle Island, he became isolated from the rest of his team on their way to stop Battersea. Despite all his skill and bravado, Zaofan was up against a foe unlike any he had ever faced, one of mystical, almost hellish power, and certainly beyond the chef's comprehension at the time. He would've been outright defeated both physically and spiritually had it not been for the timely intervention of the warrior Id. With their combined power, they were able to send him packing, at least for the time being. Ever since then, Zaofan's looked upon Erosa with a certain fondness, like a sibling -- or maybe even more specifically, a possible sister-in-law.

And, if there's enough appreciation, admiration, and fondness, one generally shouldn't sacrifice their in-laws. Even if they have the power to put themselves back together. He'll not have Erosa save him yet again. It's just not fair.

"Erosa, no! You can't be the bait!," Zaofan pleads. "I've changed my mind! You can't go! It's a terrible plan!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"We are staying here," Sarada spoke. Her tone was such that showed she wasn't accepting any arguments to the contrary.

Damn it, Ishtar. Why did you have to go back to that stupid place?

There was nothing there except death and emptiness. Returning to such a place to divine its secrets was only going to cause trouble, which was exactly what happened. She just wanted to go home, and her love was the only way for that to happen. Now, her life was in danger and there was nothing she could do.

The only thing left was to trust that she and those with her could fight their way out of this without sustaining too much more damage. That Ishtar was down an arm already boded poorly for their efforts.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!