Page 105 of 782 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    'To face the Nagadarr as she had.' Meagan asked for the impossible.

"A great deal more than simple revenge depends on you," he replied. "If you cannot look upon the battlefield from up here, what will you do in the middle of it? And when you finally stand before them, will your memory temper your fist? Or burn it to dust as you would your enemy?"

It was not an enemy many of them had known. For him, they had no quarrel until the very moment this vessel chased the Nagadarr from the market of slaves to hold them culpable for their revealed misdeeds to a planet only their passengers, those that depended on them, could call familiar.

"What I know is among our group, this is your fight alone Meagan. There is no great love of slavers here, certainly, but leaving justice in the hands of strangers and cosmic accident is a poor course of action," he said. "If you would have us fight beside you, then this is not the time to still your tongue and fall silent to thoughts affixed to lethal closure."

Ochazuke looked out to the horizon through the canopy of the ship's bridge.

"How unfortunate for us that we're returning your kin right back to them in this very ship," he sighed. "You know the lay of the land. What do you propose we should do then?"
    Following the Chromakai out of the ship, Meagan was about to answer Ochazuke when an older, much older Chromakai man approached them. speaking ina voice both soft and roughen with age, "I am Naran Ja, Former Mayor of Gin, welcome and thank you for your help. I am here to represent the people of this world, if you have any questions please ask."

He then noticed Meagan, "Oh, child, it has been too long. I am glad that you are well."

Meagan bowed to him, then gave him a warm smile, "As I am for you, great uncle."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke looked out to the horizon through the canopy of the ship's bridge.

"How unfortunate for us that we're returning your kin right back to them in this very ship," he sighed. "You know the lay of the land. What do you propose we should do then?"
    Looking again at Ochazuke, "Based on the the information I have collected, we need to go to Senta and take out the Colossus. I assume everyone here can fly? It shouldn't take us to long once we take to the air."
    Last edited by Tami; 06-06-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The ground the ship landed on shifts and suddenly a cloaking field drops, revealing Miras Thane, two GP ships, and a handful of Chromaki fighters. Miras raises an eyebrow.

In person, Miras is taller than almost all of them, her skin a Carmel color, and her lithe form glad in a GP uniform. Fury and blood cover some of it, but her smile and attitude seems oddly cheerful.

“Well well, is Pants with you? Tran! Tron! And P-sta, an odd surprise. And I see we have some extra fighters and civies.”

As the Chromaki former slaves leave the ship, the Chromaki with Miras quickly start leading them into concealed passages that lead into the ground and away from the ship’s landing place.
    Bowing to her, "Officer Miras, I owe you an apology. More lives would have been lost if you had not, someone, convinced the galaxy Police to step in and help out. I had misjudged you. Thank you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The safer location was a open grassy field not far from a forest. To reach it, they traveled over the city of Gin As they did, if they looked out, they would see a once strong and vibrant city now mostly in ruins save for some areas on the outskirts of the city center.

"....This is Meagan's home world?"

There was not judgement in his tone, but the slightest hint of surprise.

During the time with the Eternal Dragon, Held had come to understand the situation that had been dire on the planet that she had hailed from, if her pleas and words were at all accurate.

But to see it in person was worse than the Nevadian had anticipated, a great city now painted in cinders and rubble.

What a headache.....I wasn't exactly planning on getting caught up in another worlds struggles...Then again, I was planning to take a nice easy ride home also, wasn't I? The Junjo pretty much took a big heaping helping of abduction all over my plans.

Arms folded, the Nevadian continued to take in the scenery, reflecting on what seemed to be expected of them. Were they to wage a war for the independence of this planet?

Well, I suppose there's always a profit to be had in a place like this, but I don't exactly get a kick out of out and out war profiteering....

Retired Overlord

Looking again at Ochazuke, "Based on the the information I have collected, we need to go to Senta and take out the Colossus. I assume everyone here can fly? It shouldn't take us to long once we take to the air."
    "Are you sure that's a wise course of action....flying in the open I mean. If they see us coming and they have hostages it likely won't end well for them." Etrina commented from the side. "Better to stay low to the ground, run a scout or two ahead to make sure the path is clear until we can slip within range perhaps?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Bowing to her, "Officer Miras, I owe you an apology. More lives would have been lost if you had not, someone, convinced the galaxy Police to step in and help out. I had misjudged you. Thank you."
    Miras waves the comment away.

“More should have been done sooner. It’s our job to make sure this kind of thing gets nipped in the bud sooner. Anyways, I’m glad to see you all. We were getting ready to launch a sneak attack on the Colussus, take out their leaders and break their back. Pretty much put and end to this invasion.”

She grins.

“Want to help?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Are you sure that's a wise course of action....flying in the open I mean. If they see us coming and they have hostages it likely won't end well for them." Etrina commented from the side. "Better to stay low to the ground, run a scout or two ahead to make sure the path is clear until we can slip within range perhaps?"
    "In other circumstances I would agree, but there are likely to be any number of Ogres between here and Senta. If we stay on or close to the ground, it means we will be fighting out way through them all. Not only would it use up energy, it would also slow us down and place us at risk for triggering land mines and other traps. By now the Nagadarr already know were are here, so stealth is pretty much useless. It is unlikely that they will try to engage us in flight, the greatest risk is that they try to shoot us out of the air. But if we move fast and keep our shields up, ground based attacks might not be an issue." Meagan paused and looked around, "Hitting them fast and hard, that is my strategy. Any objections?"

“More should have been done sooner. It’s our job to make sure this kind of thing gets nipped in the bud sooner. Anyways, I’m glad to see you all. We were getting ready to launch a sneak attack on the Colussus, take out their leaders and break their back. Pretty much put and end to this invasion.”

She grins.

“Want to help?”
    "I know you have more experience than I do, but I honestly feel that a sneak attack is pointless and places more people at risk. You and your people have your hands full cleaning up the Ogres and the Devils. I am confident that we have the power to take out the Colossus and the Demons within."

The safer location was a open grassy field not far from a forest. To reach it, they traveled over the city of Gin As they did, if they looked out, they would see a once strong and vibrant city now mostly in ruins save for some areas on the outskirts of the city center.

Asha'rah looked out upon the ruined cityscape. Meagan's homeworld had been ravaged by war for a long, long time. Even with the war turning, scars would remain for some time. The countless lives lost fighting for the survival of a species, too many even for Dragon Balls to bring back. If Chromakai's Guardian even persisted.

There were no words Asha'rah might utter that might comfort Meagan. They were here, and they were ready to help her. That would have to be enough.

Instead, Asha'rah approached...Erosa, or at least the one she assumed to be Erosa. She had grown considerably since last they saw each other, both physically and mentally. With Etrina just a bit more relaxed now, Erosa's demeanor had grown less primal, taking on instead inner feelings of superiority in some aspects of life from her sister.

Time was running short. Asha'rah could not maintain her manifested form for much longer, and in any case could not hope to do so once the fighting started. Perhaps she could surprise Erosa in a similar way to how the Id had surprised her.

"You've matured, Erosa." She said. Her voice currently lacked the filter of her mechanical body, its echoing qualities feeling less material and more otherworldly now. But it was still recognizable as hers.

"It's wonderful to see you again."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah looked out upon the ruined cityscape. Meagan's homeworld had been ravaged by war for a long, long time. Even with the war turning, scars would remain for some time. The countless lives lost fighting for the survival of a species, too many even for Dragon Balls to bring back. If Chromakai's Guardian even persisted.

There were no words Asha'rah might utter that might comfort Meagan. They were here, and they were ready to help her. That would have to be enough.

Instead, Asha'rah approached...Erosa, or at least the one she assumed to be Erosa. She had grown considerably since last they saw each other, both physically and mentally. With Etrina just a bit more relaxed now, Erosa's demeanor had grown less primal, taking on instead inner feelings of superiority in some aspects of life from her sister.

Time was running short. Asha'rah could not maintain her manifested form for much longer, and in any case could not hope to do so once the fighting started. Perhaps she could surprise Erosa in a similar way to how the Id had surprised her.

"You've matured, Erosa." She said. Her voice currently lacked the filter of her mechanical body, its echoing qualities feeling less material and more otherworldly now. But it was still recognizable as hers.

"It's wonderful to see you again."
    Erosa, presently in her magicite form, had been staring out at the city as well when Asha'rah had approached her from behind. At the sound of her unfiltered voice the Id cocked her head backwards curiously. "Hmmm? Whats this?"

Stepped up to the unarmored goddess, Erosa took a moment to examine her from head to toe. "Eheh......Asha...rah!" Spreading her arms wide, the Id leapt forward to wrap them around her.

Two things happened....First, her hands were the size of small armored shovels, so when then grasped Asha'rah it was like getting scooped up by a bulldozer. Secondly....Erosa miscalculated the strength she put into the sudden hug and the forward momentum in the pounce, so the monk turned goddesses head ended up smacking into and bouncing rather dramatically from the ids ample chest even as the two toppled backwards onto the ground.

"Ahahaha....You finally broke out of your shell! Is that what you were doing this whole time? I haven't seen you the whole trip."

She grins.

“Want to help?”
    "Explain what this Colossus is."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "Explain what this Colossus is."
    "Colossus is a heavily armored, heavily weaponized space ship the size of a medium sized City. It is used as the main Base of Operations for the Nagadarr Invasion and the years long war against my people. No matter how we tried, no Chromakai military force has ever made a dent in it."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Erosa, presently in her magicite form, had been staring out at the city as well when Asha'rah had approached her from behind. At the sound of her unfiltered voice the Id cocked her head backwards curiously. "Hmmm? Whats this?"

Stepped up to the unarmored goddess, Erosa took a moment to examine her from head to toe. "Eheh......Asha...rah!" Spreading her arms wide, the Id leapt forward to wrap them around her.

Two things happened....First, her hands were the size of small armored shovels, so when then grasped Asha'rah it was like getting scooped up by a bulldozer. Secondly....Erosa miscalculated the strength she put into the sudden hug and the forward momentum in the pounce, so the monk turned goddesses head ended up smacking into and bouncing rather dramatically from the ids ample chest even as the two toppled backwards onto the ground.

"Ahahaha....You finally broke out of your shell! Is that what you were doing this whole time? I haven't seen you the whole trip."
    After taking a moment to recongize Asha'rah, Erosa pounced upon her, and even in this action the girl was less animalistic than she would have been less than a year ago. The Id was now more self aware, but just as delightful, decisive and honest as ever. Hands wrapped around Asha'rah and pulled her in, and she soon found herself face deep in a pair of warm, very comfortable body parts. Breasts remain one of my prouder designs. Asha'rah's own tall but comparatively svelte form curved comfortably under the weight, and her hair, half ever-flowing clouds neither quite vapor nor solid, tickled Erosa's nostrils.

"Ahm mhws bsy n Hhvn." She said, muffled voice reverberating up the valley between Erosa's pillowy mountains. There wasn't a whole lot of air where Erosa had trapped Asha'rah's head but, on the other hand, it would be a good way to die.

Not today though. Finally pushing her head free with a gasp, Asha'rah returned the hug, resting her head against Erosa's as she giggled in as godlike a fashion as a giggle was possible. Which still wasn't very.

"I was busy in Heaven. They spirited me away for a while, and I learned a lot. Managed to retrieve a little something to give myself a boost. I should be able to maintain this form for a while at a time, at least when I'm not fighting."

She looked Erosa over, to the extent she could when so close.

"How'd you get like this?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Colossus is a heavily armored, heavily weaponized space ship the size of a medium sized City. It is used as the main Base of Operations for the Nagadarr Invasion and the years long war against my people. No matter how we tried, no Chromakai military force has ever made a dent in it."
    So, this Colossus was the base of operations for the Nagadarr, and in six years, the Chromakai military had never so much as made a dent in the thing. That... was something they should have known days ago. Why Meagan would fail to mention that when she asked her about the Nagadarr was a mystery, but Sarada supposed that there was no point in begrudging her for forgetting such an important detail.

"Would have been nice to know that earlier," she said bluntly. Shaking her head, she folded her arms over her chest. "If the outside is too durable for your military to damage it after all this time, then I'm thinking the way to destroy it is on the inside. Maybe overloading the power source or something along those lines. Have your people tried something like that, even as a suicide mission?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Asha'rah tapped her chin, joining the discussion even as her form of flesh started to flicker and fade.

"If the ship were invincible, I do not suppose the Chromakai would have made as much progress as they have. I take it they've been able to drive the Colossus off in the past. Any idea how?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah tapped her chin, joining the discussion even as her form of flesh started to flicker and fade.

"If the ship were invincible, I do not suppose the Chromakai would have made as much progress as they have. I take it they've been able to drive the Colossus off in the past. Any idea how?"
    A mysterious woman joined in the discussion. Sarada narrowed her eyes and looked her over with heavy scrutiny. Tanned brown skin, full slips, a lithe, slender build, hair that flowed like silk; the woman didn't look familiar in the slightest. Sarada would have remembered a woman this beautiful. "Who are you supposed to be?" she asked before the voice finally registered with her.

The dulcet tone sounded like a chorus of soft-voiced children. It was hard for her to recognize it because it wasn't a monotone, robotic voice filtered out through a voice-box.

Asha'rah.

"Oh, it's you," she acknowledge. "You got your skin back. Congratulations."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!