Page 107 of 782 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada felt herself chuckle. There was something... endearing about hearing the goddess' humor through the voice of a living being instead of an emotionless box. It was nice, and she knew that Ishtar felt nothing but joy at seeing her friend at something resembling her full glory. "I'm glad you got to taste your former glory again. I don't know what I expected to see when you finally shed your robotic prison, but what I see now surpasses it."
    Sarada complemented her beauty, and Asha'rah gave a short bow, similar to how she might have done in her robotic form. Her time among the monks had not disappeared just because she could shed her prison for a time. No particular part of Asha'rah's body overshadowed the rest, save perhaps for her hair. Certainly Erosa, Sarada and Ishtar were more greatly...endowed with the oft-emphasized assets. Instead, Asha'rah's body perfected its overall flow, transitioning from supple swells to toned muscle and back again to create a whole that dwarfed the sum of its parts.

"Thank you. My quest is far from over, but this marks a great step forward."

She hesitated, wrestling with herself as her psyche and her sense of right shared a rare period of conflict. It was not easy, but she took a slow breath, goodness if feels good to take a breath, and plunged ahead.

"My closest friend was a Saiyan, long ago. Eons ago."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "I was busy in Heaven. They spirited me away for a while, and I learned a lot. Managed to retrieve a little something to give myself a boost. I should be able to maintain this form for a while at a time, at least when I'm not fighting."

She looked Erosa over, to the extent she could when so close.

"How'd you get like this?"
    "A lot of things happened in the months we were separated." Erosa released her and took a step back. "But....I received something from a friend that let me get stronger, I keep it right here." The Id tapped her chest, and for the briefest of moments Asha'rah felt a bright aura of pure magic radiate from inside. "Its called Magicite. Etrina told me its a extremely rare catalyst crystal that stores magic....it belonged to someone else who...." Erosa paused, suddenly looking slightly uncomfortable. "They're not here anymore. Maybe they're in heaven now.....If I knew you were going I'd have asked you to say thanks for me....but....I'm not sure she would be there....and I don't think Ids get to go to heaven, not the place anyways." There was a mocking tone to her voice, but only to cover over her real feeling on the topic.

Turning back to the devastated city, Erosa points out. "I guess a lot of people here went to heaven too...."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Miras grins again as Sarada, Asha’rah, and the others who expressed their intent to help and their outrage at what has happened.

Turning to Meagan she answers her.

“As to how we do this, we’ll have to act soon. Set my diversions off and head towards the Collosus. Use my technique to punch through their shields and get into the hull. They’ll be off balance. My ship will come in, alongside Tran and Tron’s to add aerial support as we get into the hull. From theire, I would suggest those that can become invisible or stealth well to go after the children while we punchy sorts handle the big bads. Once the kids or clear we slag the ship with everything we have, ground and air.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Miras grins again as Sarada, Asha’rah, and the others who expressed their intent to help and their outrage at what has happened.

“As to how we do this, we’ll have to act soon. Set my diversions off and head towards the Collosus. Use my technique to punch through their shields and get into the hull. They’ll be off balance. My ship will come in, alongside Tran and Tron’s to add aerial support as we get into the hull. From theire, I would suggest those that can become invisible or stealth well to go after the children while we punchy sorts handle the big bads. Once the kids or clear we slag the ship with everything we have, ground and air.”
    After thinking on it, Meagan nods, "Okay, we'll do it you way. But once the children are safe, I'm going after the Demons myself. Just, everyone watch your backs. From the rumors I've heard, the Demons have their own ways of stealth, the kind that would put Chris the Knife to shame. Or maybe their just very fast, I'm not sure which."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“The Colossus is nearly impenetrable. It is not only guarded by dozens of powerful people, it has layered energy shielding when they want to go into defense mode. That’s not including those inside, who are even more powerful. The fact the Chromaki have held out this long is admirable.”

Miras brings up a holographic display.

“I had planned on leading an assault there through stealth. I have diversionary teams set up creating havoc to draw some of the Nagadarr defenders away. At their weakest, we were going to strike. My new technique should tear straight through their shields and let me strike the hull. However, your ship most certainly blew our stealth option now that I think about it. However, with all you here and my diversionary forces, perhaps a more...front door style approach will work.”

A manic smile, eerily like Jinzi’s, spreads across her face.

“They’ll never see you lot coming.”
    "No plan survives first contact with the enemy, we should have a contingency."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "Perhaps you can be the contingency, Adam?" Meagan suggested, "You did suggest that you mighty be able to get into the ship and disarm it. If so, then once there is a breach in the shield, you can slip in and do what you do best. How does that sound?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Perhaps you can be the contingency, Adam?" Meagan suggested, "You did suggest that you mighty be able to get into the ship and disarm it. If so, then once there is a breach in the shield, you can slip in and do what you do best. How does that sound?"
    Zaofan steps up to join the planning. "Maybe we could get a good idea of who should be doing what, if we're splitting up into teams. I have to admit, I'm stealth isn't the forte I thought it was for me, so I volunteer to help keep their generals busy. And as powerful as Meagan is, she shouldn't be alone in going after the children, either."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan steps up to join the planning. "Maybe we could get a good idea of who should be doing what, if we're splitting up into teams. I have to admit, I'm stealth isn't the forte I thought it was for me, so I volunteer to help keep their generals busy. And as powerful as Meagan is, she shouldn't be alone in going after the children, either."
    Meagan nodded, "Since you came up with the idea, I'd like for you pick your team and to work with Officer Miras in attacking the ship. Those who are best suited for stealth will come with me to rescue the children."

"It is possible that if I can maintain contact with their shields long enough, I could drain their defensive systems, perhaps the entire ship. Of course this depends on how they respond to such an attack, rerouting power to other systems or perhaps a feedback defense in the shields themselves. If this occurs I can attempt to change the ship's gravitational constant to alter their engine's effectiveness."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sarada complemented her beauty, and Asha'rah gave a short bow, similar to how she might have done in her robotic form. Her time among the monks had not disappeared just because she could shed her prison for a time. No particular part of Asha'rah's body overshadowed the rest, save perhaps for her hair. Certainly Erosa, Sarada and Ishtar were more greatly...endowed with the oft-emphasized assets. Instead, Asha'rah's body perfected its overall flow, transitioning from supple swells to toned muscle and back again to create a whole that dwarfed the sum of its parts.

"Thank you. My quest is far from over, but this marks a great step forward."

She hesitated, wrestling with herself as her psyche and her sense of right shared a rare period of conflict. It was not easy, but she took a slow breath, goodness if feels good to take a breath, and plunged ahead.

"My closest friend was a Saiyan, long ago. Eons ago."
    Well, hearing that was a surprise. She hadn't thought about how old her race was very much, but it was surprising to hear that Saiyans existed eons ago. It was one of those subjects that was filled to the brim with pointless, aimless speculation, often circumstantial evidence produced to give credence to potentially biased hypotheses, and back and forth debates between the scientifically minded and the 'non-intellectuals'. Sarada simply rolled her eyes and tuned out any and every conversation.

Hearing definitive proof that her race was older than most was... intriguing. Of course, the 'intellectuals' wouldn't believe the words of a so-called goddess, but hearing that one supported their claims wouldn't stop them from holding it over the heads of the uninitiated.

Feh. Fucking assholes.

She was, of course, referring to the Saiyans on Turrip. Those smarty-pants thought they were better than all the other Saiyans just because they knew how to work the Tuffles' technology, and made improvements to much of it.

"Really? I wasn't aware my race was that old. What was this Saiyan like?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Meagan nodded, "Since you came up with the idea, I'd like for you pick your team and to work with Officer Miras in attacking the ship. Those who are best suited for stealth will come with me to rescue the children."
    Stealth wasn't Sarada's strong suit by any stretch of the word. She very much preferred to run up and punch her enemy in the face, or at worst, in the back of the head. Sneaking around quietly so as to not draw attention wasn't in her repertoire.

A shame, too. She wanted to save the children, much like she wanted to do with Eresh. But, if it required a particular set of skills -- skills that Meagan excelled in more than most -- then her fate was destined to mingle with the powerful Demons residing on the ship. That was just fine by her.

Thinking about crossing fist with them was getting her Saiyan blood pumping. She couldn't wait to get started. "I'll help assault the ship. Whatever lets me fight the most Demons."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Aw, he just woke up, and he's supposed to choose the teams? Zaofan would make sure to get some tea before they disembark. Unless one is making stir-fry, one doesn't just haphazardly toss any old ingredients in the mix. Chemical compositions, flavor combinations, even textures must be taken into account; and even then, achieving the proper balance can be a tricky thing if one aims to add a personal touch to it -- and this is clearly personal to Meagan. Still, if Miras wants the group to be a tour de force, then they best deliver non-perishable cans of whoop-ass.

Zaofan clears his throat as he looks around the room.

"Miras would be leading myself, Ochazuke, Midori, Sarada, Etrina, and Held. We can provide the protein and muscle to fight their senior staff.

"Meagan -- Erosa and Shiro's stealth and Asha'rah's illusions would be helpful for you. Jack is pretty sly himself, and those children will probably need healers like Chuan and Slak. This team would be the sides that provide the real nutrients to the meal.

"Ishtar's speed, power, and versatility would be helpful in either objective. Same with Adam, if his contingencies are to protect all of us, and assuming that he doesn't need to stay in one place to hack into the vessel. They're the beverages that help wash down the whole plan."

"...and, of course, accomplishing our goals, namely defeating the generals, saving every captive on that ship, and blowing up the Colossus, would all be icing on a very big cake.

"Now, I wouldn't say those teams should be set in stone, and everyone here has free will on what they choose to face. But those are the chef's recommendations."

"It is possible that if I can maintain contact with their shields long enough, I could drain their defensive systems, perhaps the entire ship. Of course this depends on how they respond to such an attack, rerouting power to other systems or perhaps a feedback defense in the shields themselves. If this occurs I can attempt to change the ship's gravitational constant to alter their engine's effectiveness."
    "Would you need to be in one spot to do all this? Would you need protection and support while you work?"
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-07-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“They’ll be on you too quick if you start to drain their shields.”

Miras taps her chin.

“However, once inside could you drain their reactor if you had someone watching your back?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "A lot of things happened in the months we were separated." Erosa released her and took a step back. "But....I received something from a friend that let me get stronger, I keep it right here." The Id tapped her chest, and for the briefest of moments Asha'rah felt a bright aura of pure magic radiate from inside. "Its called Magicite. Etrina told me its a extremely rare catalyst crystal that stores magic....it belonged to someone else who...." Erosa paused, suddenly looking slightly uncomfortable. "They're not here anymore. Maybe they're in heaven now.....If I knew you were going I'd have asked you to say thanks for me....but....I'm not sure she would be there....and I don't think Ids get to go to heaven, not the place anyways." There was a mocking tone to her voice, but only to cover over her real feeling on the topic.

Turning back to the devastated city, Erosa points out. "I guess a lot of people here went to heaven too...."
    "The fate of familiars was not contemplated in the Founding. Part of the magic was not knowing what mortals would come up with."

There were so many ways they could grow, so many paths they might choose. It was impossible to plan for all of it. So the gods would have to be adaptable, giving creation room to grow and working to fill out the edges. That had been the plan. Then came the civil war, betrayal and the great mess they were now left with.

"When I am back there again, I will find out."

Erosa loosed forth her magical aura, giving Asha'rah a taste of the potency within. It was exquisite, tinging Asha'rah's cloud-like hair silvery white in its gale. The fallen god could guess at where the magical crystal had come from. A familiar, like Erosa herself. What happened to them after they died...was an open question. But there was no question that Erosa had a soul.

"You were given a precious gift. But it looks like nobody knows that better than you."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-07-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Color of magicite crystal corrected

“They’ll be on you too quick if you start to drain their shields.”

Miras taps her chin.

“However, once inside could you drain their reactor if you had someone watching your back?”
    "I am fine with Adam making that decision. He knows all of us well enough to know which one would be best for that role. If he can't, I'll chose someone."