Page 108 of 782 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I am fine with Adam making that decision. He knows all of us well enough to know which one would be best for that role. If he can't, I'll chose someone."
    "I'll go!" Erosa suddenly raised her hand. "Its gotta be someone stealthy right? Otherwise it would just slow him down.....and I do like blowing stuff up. I'd be perfect!"

The sudden enthusiasm was a bit off putting, and perhaps not without ulterior motive, but she seemed earnest with the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Miras grins again as Sarada, Asha’rah, and the others who expressed their intent to help and their outrage at what has happened.

Turning to Meagan she answers her.

“As to how we do this, we’ll have to act soon. Set my diversions off and head towards the Collosus. Use my technique to punch through their shields and get into the hull. They’ll be off balance. My ship will come in, alongside Tran and Tron’s to add aerial support as we get into the hull. From theire, I would suggest those that can become invisible or stealth well to go after the children while we punchy sorts handle the big bads. Once the kids or clear we slag the ship with everything we have, ground and air.”
    The familiar face of Officer Miras was a welcome thread of familiarity in these strange parts, though no longer separated by the distance of light-years and the veil of hard-light construction, there was a world of difference in seeing her in person.

Was her face always this twisted? Or is she simply that confident in this technique?

The subtle energies radiating off of the Corpsman were manifest, solid and held fast to the anticipation of action. This pomp and impulse. No wonder she keeps Pantaloon in close contact.

He stood aside as the others brought their heads together to plan for the conflict to come. Here at the end, it seemed there was little to do but to move in and seize the ship, but for the Nagadarr's idle ransom, the children they held hostage. If the shield was as strong as Miras had conferred, then the Junjo's weapon may be less than potent against the Nagadarr defense. Moreover, they had only a small idea of the strength of their opposition.

After thinking on it, Meagan nods, "Okay, we'll do it you way. But once the children are safe, I'm going after the Demons myself. Just, everyone watch your backs. From the rumors I've heard, the Demons have their own ways of stealth, the kind that would put Chris the Knife to shame. Or maybe their just very fast, I'm not sure which."
    "If that's the case, then to challenge the unknown enemy yourself is nothing more than reckless bravado," Ochazuke said. "Understand, while the war is yours, this battle, however, is not."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The familiar face of Officer Miras was a welcome thread of familiarity in these strange parts, though no longer separated by the distance of light-years and the veil of hard-light construction, there was a world of difference in seeing her in person.

Was her face always this twisted? Or is she simply that confident in this technique?

The subtle energies radiating off of the Corpsman were manifest, solid and held fast to the anticipation of action. This pomp and impulse. No wonder she keeps Pantaloon in close contact.

He stood aside as the others brought their heads together to plan for the conflict to come. Here at the end, it seemed there was little to do but to move in and seize the ship, but for the Nagadarr's idle ransom, the children they held hostage. If the shield was as strong as Miras had conferred, then the Junjo's weapon may be less than potent against the Nagadarr defense. Moreover, they had only a small idea of the strength of their opposition.

"If that's the case, then to challenge the unknown enemy yourself is nothing more than reckless bravado," Ochazuke said. "Understand, while the war is yours, this battle, however, is not."
    “Agreed. Don’t get cocky, Meagan. I know you want payback, but we do this smart.”, Miras says.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

As the others made their plans, and discussed where best to send everyone, Ishtar turned her attention towards the one she had found herself recently bound to.

"Eresh," the Oni said softly, before turning toward the young Oni.

"I cannot well leave you behind, so tell me little one, where is it you would wish to go ?"

OT: I assume she's still following Ishtar around, right?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Agreed. Don’t get cocky, Meagan. I know you want payback, but we do this smart.”, Miras says.
    "I agree about playing this smart, but the Great Dragon granted me a wish, the wish to have the power to end the reign of the Nagadarr on my home world. I worked hard to earn this power, and if the situation calls for it, I will use it against the Demons. The Dragon's reputation is on the line just as much as my dedication to end this war."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Miras grins again as Sarada, Asha’rah, and the others who expressed their intent to help and their outrage at what has happened.

Turning to Meagan she answers her.

“As to how we do this, we’ll have to act soon. Set my diversions off and head towards the Collosus. Use my technique to punch through their shields and get into the hull. They’ll be off balance. My ship will come in, alongside Tran and Tron’s to add aerial support as we get into the hull. From theire, I would suggest those that can become invisible or stealth well to go after the children while we punchy sorts handle the big bads. Once the kids or clear we slag the ship with everything we have, ground and air.”
    Meagan nodded, "Since you came up with the idea, I'd like for you pick your team and to work with Officer Miras in attacking the ship. Those who are best suited for stealth will come with me to rescue the children."
    Thus was the plan. Distractions to draw the enemy's eye, a lance to penetrate the shields, an infiltration team to rescue the children, and then a combined assault to bring the Colossus down. It was a straightforward plan, one that might hope to keep moving parts to a minimum while prioritizing innocent life. Asha'rah clasped her hands together, giving Meagan a salute.

"I would assist you Meagan, if you would have me. Between your ability to hide away and my illusions, we can complement each other on the approach."

She glanced off into the distance, eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

"Be warned, however, that the Nagadaar obviously know the value we place in these children, hence their use of said children as human shields. If I were them, I would expect any earnest assault to be preceded by a rescue attempt. I would plan traps accordingly, much as how our base raiding team was ambushed on Earth. I advise we keep that in mind as we venture deeper into the belly of the beast."

That the enemy was using what the Chromakians held precious against them did not mean the Chromakians should discard what made they held dear. But it took strength, dedication and insight to carry morality across the finish line. They would need all they could muster here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Thus was the plan. Distractions to draw the enemy's eye, a lance to penetrate the shields, an infiltration team to rescue the children, and then a combined assault to bring the Colossus down. It was a straightforward plan, one that might hope to keep moving parts to a minimum while prioritizing innocent life. Asha'rah clasped her hands together, giving Meagan a salute.

"I would assist you Meagan, if you would have me. Between your ability to hide away and my illusions, we can complement each other on the approach."

She glanced off into the distance, eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

"Be warned, however, that the Nagadaar obviously know the value we place in these children, hence their use of said children as human shields. If I were them, I would expect any earnest assault to be preceded by a rescue attempt. I would plan traps accordingly, much as how our base raiding team was ambushed on Earth. I advise we keep that in mind as we venture deeper into the belly of the beast."

That the enemy was using what the Chromakians held precious against them did not mean the Chromakians should discard what made they held dear. But it took strength, dedication and insight to carry morality across the finish line. They would need all they could muster here.
    "Thank you, Asha'rah. I welcome your help." Meagan then added, "Not only do they know the value, they are also aware of the fact that some Chromakai posses gifts, such as invisibility and they will have counters to it, though those counters take time to implement. They will not have defenses to your abilities or the abilities of less common individuals such as Isthar or Adam or Erosa. They will also not be expecting a Chromakai to be able to utilize powers my people haven't had since Lady Iris was taken from Chroma."

"In any case, only you two truly know the breadth of what we stand to face," Ochazuke remarked, "What trepidation we've fallen into will be met as best we can manage it, but by all appearances, time is short."

"I agree about playing this smart, but the Great Dragon granted me a wish, the wish to have the power to end the reign of the Nagadarr on my home world. I worked hard to earn this power, and if the situation calls for it, I will use it against the Demons. The Dragon's reputation is on the line just as much as my dedication to end this war."
    "So you would gamble the fate of your entire people on the words of providence."

Ochazuke looked upon Meagan, impassively weighing the words in her crucial moment before the battle.

"A great deal rests upon your shoulders, more than simply your own life and the enemy's," he said. "Knowing this, it is a cruel thing to toy with the hopes of others."

"When you make your move, be mindful of whom you stand among."
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-07-2018 at 06:37 PM.

"In any case, only you two truly know the breadth of what we stand to face," Ochazuke remarked, "What trepidation we've fallen into will be met as best we can manage it, but by all appearances, time is short."

"So you would gamble the fate of your entire people on the words of providence."

Ochazuke looked upon Meagan, impassively weighing the words in her crucial moment before the battle.

"A great deal rests upon your shoulders, more than simply your own life and the enemy's," he said. "Knowing this, it is a cruel thing to toy with the hopes of others."

"When you make your move, be mindful of whom you stand among."
    "Don't misinterpret my intention." Meagan looked hard at him, "I do not chose my actions based solely on prophecy or fate. My actions are my own, but I will use the Dragon's words as a warning of what might come. Saving the children is my first priority. Yet, if I decide I have no choice but to act with the power I have in order to save lives, I will not hesitate to do so. This includes protecting your life and the lives of everyone here. The power that I earned thanks to the guidance of the Great Dragon will be used as a last resort, and it will be used to protect the lives of innocents and of my allies."
    Last edited by Tami; 06-07-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori looked around the ruins of one of the Chromakai's cities destroyed by the current war, a frown marring her face. Any thoughts of the weird conversation between Adam, Erosa, and Sarada as well as whatever feelings existed between her and Erosa were pushed to the back of her mind as she took in the devastation. These people had been engaged in a planet-wide war for decades, and it seemed to be ending in favor of the Chromakai.

They just needed to put the final nail in this war's coffin, and it seemed she and her associates were the hammer to drive that nail in. After the war was done, THEN she'd deal with whatever happened on the ship.

Walking around, she saw a new woman amongst their group, and she walked over to the unrecognizable Asha'rah and said "Hello miss, I'm afraid I haven't made your acquaintance. My name is Midori, and its a pleasure to meet you."
    OC: Last post curse on page 106.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Don't misinterpret my intention." Meagan looked hard at him, "I do not chose my actions based solely on prophecy or fate. My actions are my own, but I will use the Dragon's words as a warning of what might come. Saving the children is my first priority. Yet, if I decide I have no choice but to act with the power I have in order to save lives, I will not hesitate to do so. This includes protecting your life and the lives of everyone here. The power that I earned thanks to the guidance of the Great Dragon will be used as a last resort, and it will be used to protect the lives of innocents and of my allies."
    Kitchens often have tension. It could come from a mix of considerable talents, powerful egos, trusted habits, varying levels of experience and knowledge. But above all else, kitchens operate under urgency, shared goals, and the belief that the diner's needs must always be met. Thus, while viewpoints may compete, a good executive chef must know how to juggle temperaments and exercise diplomacy; the cooks in that kitchen are ingredients themselves, coming together to form a sum greater than themselves.

Zaofan placed a warm hand on Meagan's shoulder. "Ochazuke is wise with his precautions, but you have my faith and confidence that we will see this through. That you have our backs just as much as we have yours. And that you will make the right choices when the time comes."

He then looks around the room to gauge everyone present. "We know what we signed up for. We made our commitments. We may have our doubts and misunderstandings and differences of opinion on just how to get the job done -- but we all agree that we want that job done. Let's focus on that and see how we can support each other to finish this."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Kitchens often have tension. It could come from a mix of considerable talents, powerful egos, trusted habits, varying levels of experience and knowledge. But above all else, kitchens operate under urgency, shared goals, and the belief that the diner's needs must always be met. Thus, while viewpoints may compete, a good executive chef must know how to juggle temperaments and exercise diplomacy; the cooks in that kitchen are ingredients themselves, coming together to form a sum greater than themselves.

Zaofan placed a warm hand on Meagan's shoulder. "Ochazuke is wise with his precautions, but you have my faith and confidence that we will see this through. That you have our backs just as much as we have yours. And that you will make the right choices when the time comes."

He then looks around the room to gauge everyone present. "We know what we signed up for. We made our commitments. We may have our doubts and misunderstandings and differences of opinion on just how to get the job done -- but we all agree that we want that job done. Let's focus on that and see how we can support each other to finish this."
    Meagan looks up at him and gives him a grateful nod and a smile, "Thank you, Zaofan." she then looks at the others, "Are there any more issues to be discussed, or are we ready? The longer we stay here, the more likely we are to be targeted first."

Ochazuke exchanged glances with her and, despite the apparent clarity of her visage and words, he had found her answer wanting.

"You said it yourself, you intend to seek out an enemy of rumours. One you cannot perceive and know little about, on your own, despite all of us willing to fight beside you," he replied.

Meagan's commitment to her cause was beyond dispute; The fervour within seemed to rise and fog out all else between herself and her revenge.

"I put little stake in destiny, myself, but if you are willing to fight only by yourself, then you will die by yourself, and all of that will have been for nothing," he continued. "If you would have your fight become ours as well, then see it done. I would prefer to know I am not party to the whim of an impulsive fool chasing glory under the guise of selflessness."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Zaofan's statement took the room and he spoke, broadly, for them all. There was a depth and charge to the warm words borne in confidence, and it was his subtle gift that made his presence invaluable among them.

"Charge ahead recklessly and you only leave your support behind," he followed, "In light of how far we've come, I would see that you don't forget that."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada stood back and listened quietly. It was clearly evident that twice now, Ochazuke's pointed and blunt mindset had gotten under Meagan's skin. That was no surprise; this was a very personal and very tense moment for her. Her planet was on the cusp of freedom, and she was going to thrust herself to the fore of this momentous occasion. She couldn't help but think, however, that there may have been more to it than him unnecessarily prodding her into action.

The man was a blunt, stiff-necked bastard who squeezed everything into his own narrow-minded worldview. That worldview was carved from experience, granted, but there was little flexibility in his outlook. Perhaps his words made Meagan realize something that she'd rather not think about. The very same happened to Sarada herself many months ago during her lone conversation with him.

Reluctantly, she could admit to herself and no one else that she was a slightly better person because of his questioning her view of pride. Slightly.

What that thing his comments made Meagan realize was was a mystery to the Saiyan. In the end, it didn't matter. Meagan's response made her intentions -- perhaps updated or consistent throughout -- known. Regardless, if she really intended on fighting the Demons by herself, then Sarada wouldn't stop her. Who was she to deny a warrior the chance to test her limits and the depth of her newfound power and technique? She herself intended on doing the exact same thing, so she had no room to talk or question the logic.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke exchanged glances with her and, despite the apparent clarity of her visage and words, he had found her answer wanting.

"You said it yourself, you intend to seek out an enemy of rumours. One you cannot perceive and know little about, on your own, despite all of us willing to fight beside you," he replied.

Meagan's commitment to her cause was beyond dispute; The fervour within seemed to rise and fog out all else between herself and her revenge.

"I put little stake in destiny, myself, but if you are willing to fight only by yourself, then you will die by yourself, and all of that will have been for nothing," he continued. "If you would have your fight become ours as well, then see it done. I would prefer to know I am not party to the whim of an impulsive fool chasing glory under the guise of selflessness."

Zaofan's statement took the room and he spoke, broadly, for them all. There was a depth and charge to the warm words borne in confidence, and it was his subtle gift that made his presence invaluable among them.

"Charge ahead recklessly and you only leave your support behind," he followed, "In light of how far we've come, I would see that you don't forget that."
    "If, as you seem to imply, I had intentions of fighting them alone, we would not be here right now discussing strategy. More then likely you would be here discussing my funeral while my people continued to suffer. You mean well, perhaps, Ochazuke. But I would give advice to you, advice that you spend more time listening to others and understanding them before rushing to judgement and making assumptions. It seems that your pride has distorted your hearing, though I do not question your judgement." Meagan's' words were both calm and harden with determination.