Page 128 of 782 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Suddenly, a light shines from behind and above the group, and soon after a sphere of white-blue ki rockets in from that same direction, exploding upon (?) contact with the copper-armored Nagadarr... or perhaps the ground next to it. Those who had fought on Earth would recognize the attack as Kiho--or the Justice Cannon as it was now called.

From the sky, Totoma descended and landed next to the group, looking a... bit worse for the wear since any one had seen him. Still, he seemed in good spirits. "Hey guys, mind if I jump in?"
    The attack takes the warrior, and when the dust settles, he looks even worse. The rifle is gone and all he has is the ax. He starts typing at his wrist, looking around with narrowed eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The ax swings and knocks one away, while the other cuts a small part of its armor.
    The ax, charged up looking now, l swings and bisects the blast in half, the two trails of it cutting through the ruined city and destroying some of the Nagadarr forces to either side.

But he remains standing.
    The Nagadarr warrior is sent flying from the explosion, the armor cracked and smoking. It lands and skids on its feet, looking rough.
    Zaofan sees his own attack, as well as devastating attacks from powerful friends, amounting to much less than they had all hoped. "Sweet Kami, what does it take to put this guy down?!"

A few shots land and the rest are batted away, same with the spears, though two land and pierce his armor in the shoulders.

The Nagadarr grunts and starts typing at something on his wrists.
    The attack takes the warrior, and when the dust settles, he looks even worse. The rifle is gone and all he has is the ax. He starts typing at his wrist, looking around with narrowed eyes.
    Lessons learned from the bomb that flattened him, P-Sta, and Charco -- don't wait! Go all out!

RUBY TAIYOKEN! Zaofan fires the ruby solar flare in an effort to get the Nagadarr to stop typing, at least for a few seconds.

Using the Zanzoken to reappear high above and behind him, Zaofan then dive bombs him with his ki-covered foot extended out: "PRESSURE KICK!" he yells. When the kick lands in an explosion, he yells again, "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!" in order to both blast the Nagadarr with all his might at point blank range while quickly thrusting himself off the site of the kick's ground zero back in the air, and, doing a mighty upward flip, charges his bo staff and fires his impact finisher once more: "SCARLET X!" The spinning frisbee of ruby energy hurling at the Nagadarr, ready to explode on contact.

Zaofan then lands on the ground, sweating and breathing hard after pretty much giving it his all, down to one knee to see if the relentless explosion-beam-explosion combo had worked.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan sees his own attack, as well as devastating attacks from powerful friends, amounting to much less than they had all hoped. "Sweet Kami, what does it take to put this guy down?!"

Lessons learned from the bomb that flattened him, P-Sta, and Charco -- don't wait! Go all out!

RUBY TAIYOKEN! Zaofan fires the ruby solar flare in an effort to get the Nagadarr to stop typing, at least for a few seconds.

Using the Zanzoken to reappear high above and behind him, Zaofan then dive bombs him with his ki-covered foot extended out: "PRESSURE KICK!" he yells. When the kick lands in an explosion, he yells again, "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!" in order to both blast the Nagadarr with all his might at point blank range while quickly thrusting himself off the site of the kick's ground zero back in the air, and, doing a mighty upward flip, charges his bo staff and fires his impact finisher once more: "SCARLET X!" The spinning frisbee of ruby energy hurling at the Nagadarr, ready to explode on contact.

Zaofan then lands on the ground, sweating and breathing hard after pretty much giving it his all, down to one knee to see if the relentless explosion-beam-explosion combo had worked.
    Sarada noticed that Nagadarr typing on its wrist. She didn't need to know what was coming to know that it wasn't going to be good if he got the chance to finish.

It seemed Zaofan had the same idea.

She laid in wait until Zaofan finished his attacked, then dove in and stabbed her knife into the wrist console the Nagadarr had been typing on.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Midori stared at the warrior, her face paling as she muttered "I think I've seen something like this in a movie. Please let me be wrong."

"You don't think..." Shiro asked, and Midori nodded as she said "I think he's gonna blow himself up and try to take us with him. We need to stop him now!"

Shiro scowled and began launching energy beams from her fingertips at the wrist he was typing on, Midori quickly following suit with blasts of her own, both trying to disable the device or at least stop him from typing.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

After having cut Ishtar’s attack in half, he swings and bats the Kienzan away with its ax. The rifle comes up and blasts at Meagan.
    Meagan's shields come up and deflect the attack to an unpopulated area. As she did that, she started to analyze the situation.

The Nagadarr feels an invisible hand grab at his wrist, then it is gone, leaving behind an a Internal Combustion Ki Grenade implanted within the device located there. 5 seconds to detonation......
    Last edited by Tami; 06-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Erosa's ki signature was one Asha'rah was particularly familiar with. Beyond spending time together and enjoying each other's company, Erosa had even been bonded with Asha'rah for a time as a safety measure. And so it was that Asha'rah made her way through the ship's corridors, dispatching the odd Nagadaar till she found herself directly above where Erosa. Erosa's energy signature had been rising for some time, far beyond what Asha'rah remembered the Id capable of. The shriek of rending metal filled the halls as she punched her fingers through the deck plating and ripped through, her annihilation aura causing the floor to begin losing integrity and part before her.

Below, she found Erosa in a most odd room. It was not the engine room, as she had initially assumed Erosa was trying to break into, but some sort of weapon bay. There were seven tubes with beings encased within, reminiscent of the Junjo's frighteningly in depth dream tanks. The tubes connected to a massive cannon, festooned with strange, technologically advanced devices. The cannon hummed with power, apparently close to being ready to fire, but its crew lay bloody and broken. The only one left standing in the room was Erosa, who was victorious but...antsy? Her body seemed to hum with excess energy, far more than normal, growing and growing with no outlet.

With a wave to Erosa from the ceiling, Asha'rah greeted the familiar before dropping through the hole. Her body slowed down to a crawl as she neared the floor, till she landed almost noiselessly on her feet. She looked to the cannon, then to the tubes, then back and forth again. Then she hammered her palm, her plan set.

"Erosa, you need to dump your excess energy, yes? If you would be a dear, please free those poor people from those horrible tubes and then stick yourself in one. I'm going to figure out how to aim this massive cannon."

Asha'rah floated up to the controls, finding most of the preparation work already done. It was just a matter of finding the right controls to...there. With a few button presses, she managed to get the cannon aimed skywards. Then she keyed her comm unit.

"This is Asha'rah, a danger zone is about to be created from the ship along these coordinates," she said, relaying the direction the cannon was pointing in, "please steer clear, and knock any enemies you deem fit in there on my mark."
    As Ahsah'rah and Erosa struggle with the cannon, a small group of eight young Chromakai resistance fighters, having made their way into the ship undetected, find themselves looking into the armory. There, they see the seven unconscious prisoners lying on the floor nearby. Each Chromakai, using extreme stealth, quickly enters and picks up a victim, then leaves. In moments, every one of them has retrieved someone and vanished.

Once outside the ship, the Resistance Fighter Cell leaves the combat zone to turn the victims over to the Galaxy Police fro protection.

The ax, charged up looking now, l swings and bisects the blast in half, the two trails of it cutting through the ruined city and destroying some of the Nagadarr forces to either side.

But he remains standing.
    Ishtar swears in that ancient Avestan, as her attack is once again deflected. More a catalyst for a needed recalculation over anything demoralizing however, the golden-eyed Oni begins building another electric charge, only for a familiar voice to pierce the cacophony of the battlefield and offer a plan.

"Erosa, you need to dump your excess energy, yes? If you would be a dear, please free those poor people from those horrible tubes and then stick yourself in one. I'm going to figure out how to aim this massive cannon."

Asha'rah floated up to the controls, finding most of the preparation work already done. It was just a matter of finding the right controls to...there. With a few button presses, she managed to get the cannon aimed skywards. Then she keyed her comm unit.

"This is Asha'rah, a danger zone is about to be created from the ship along these coordinates," she said, relaying the direction the cannon was pointing in, "please steer clear, and knock any enemies you deem fit in there on my mark."
    Asha'rah, and Erosa, had a cannon.

Somewhere in the bowels of that hellish Colossus the former goddess was preparing to fire on a position not to terribly far from where their current opponent now stood. It was just a matter of moving him there.

Hmm...

Charge continuing to build, the Oni watched as Zaofan, Sarada, and Meagan began attacking the strange device at the Nagadarr's wrist, likely some device of untold destructive power, that it was frantically attempting to activate ... and with the distraction--and damage it had already suffered-- it did not seem a farfetched thing to simply ... nudge the Nagadarr Warrior along, into the coordinates offered by Asha'rah.

Plan in mind, and power nearly amassed for the coming maneuver, Ishtar activated her Comm and offered Asha'rah, the nececessar response.

"Understood. When I give the word, fire."

All that was needed now, was the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori stared at the warrior, her face paling as she muttered "I think I've seen something like this in a movie. Please let me be wrong."

"You don't think..." Shiro asked, and Midori nodded as she said "I think he's gonna blow himself up and try to take us with him. We need to stop him now!"

Shiro scowled and began launching energy beams from her fingertips at the wrist he was typing on, Midori quickly following suit with blasts of her own, both trying to disable the device or at least stop him from typing.
    And there it was.

With the sheer volume of attacks bearing down on such a small, and focused area, should the Nagadarr Warrior wish to continue its typing; it would need to focus all its efforts on resisting the assault. And in that flickering instant where its guard, and focus was elsewhere Ishtar would offer Asha'rah, and Erosa, a target.

With an exhale, the golden-eyed Oni braced herself in preparation.

Vōhu ...

Then she vanished ...

Only to reappear in an instant, with feet planted and horns glowing with a golden-black Ki, directly in front of the Nagadarr who was so feverishly tapping away at the wrist device.

Then Ishtar spoke.

"... Mánāh.

Firing forward on Ki-amplified legs then, the Oni struck the Nagadarr Warrior in the midsection. The instant the impact registered to the blue-skinned woman then, her arms locked around the creatures' waist; the momentem of the blow hopefully carrying both toward the coordinates offered by Asha'rah.

A simple plan in the end, yet one that made the most sense given all options available. After all, simply flinging- or hurling, or pushing- the Nagadarr might give it time to right itself before reaching the destination, and the coming shot from the Colossus might find its target fled. It was not however- to Ishtar's knowledge- heavy enough to resist being carried. That Ishtar could then teleport away once the Nagadarr was well and truly planted there; also made it the safest option.

So when the two reached the cannon fire's intended destination. Ishtar, and the Nagadarr struck the ground with force enough to plant them firm, and the golden-eyed Oni gave the word.

"Asha'rah. NOW!"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The ax explodes, but then reforms a moment later.

Her energy blasts get batted away.
    "I have yet to do anything meaningful." Adam attaches itself to the reactor and begins siphoning it's power.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ashy...you made it...." Erosa eyed the new arrival, even as she stumbled to the base of the cannon. Her suggested idea was definitely a solid one, and blowing something up outside was much preferable to herself blowing up. "Ehehe.......I'd kiss you but it might burn your face a bit.....I need to cool down soon or I'll explode.........eheheh....in that bad way...."

Going from chamber to chamber, she cut the cable supply power and opened it up to allow the prisoner their freedom. It was only on that last one that she disconnected the user normally. Once they were free, Erosa took the spare cables from the tank and attempted to attach them in the same way they were attached to the prisoners.

With any luck that cannon was about to be loaded with quite the explosive shot.....and she wouldn't be exploding in asha'rahs face.
    Erosa greeted Asha'rah with a familiar nickname, Ashy. Somehow, hearing her voice never failed to disarm Asha'rah, and the goddess smiled in her heart. A being of such pure intent, who relished life so much, Asha'rah admired that in the Id. But with time had come maturation, and now Erosa had gained the self awareness that came with full personhood without ever losing herself in the process. There was great beauty in that.

"I would accept, but would prefer the time to manifest a mouth again first. You are quite literally hot."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar swears in that ancient Avestan, as her attack is once again deflected. More a catalyst for a needed recalculation over anything demoralizing however, the golden-eyed Oni begins building another electric charge, only for a familiar voice to pierce the cacophony of the battlefield and offer a plan.

Asha'rah, and Erosa, had a cannon.

Somewhere in the bowels of that hellish Colossus the former goddess was preparing to fire on a position not to terribly far from where their current opponent now stood. It was just a matter of moving him there.

Hmm...

Charge continuing to build, the Oni watched as Zaofan, Sarada, and Meagan began attacking the strange device at the Nagadarr's wrist, likely some device of untold destructive power, that it was frantically attempting to activate ... and with the distraction--and damage it had already suffered-- it did not seem a farfetched thing to simply ... nudge the Nagadarr Warrior along, into the coordinates offered by Asha'rah.

Plan in mind, and power nearly amassed for the coming maneuver, Ishtar activated her Comm and offered Asha'rah, the nececessar response.

"Understood. When I give the word, fire."

All that was needed now, was the opening.

And there it was.

With the sheer volume of attacks bearing down on such a small, and focused area, should the Nagadarr Warrior wish to continue its typing; it would need to focus all its efforts on resisting the assault. And in that flickering instant where its guard, and focus was elsewhere Ishtar would offer Asha'rah, and Erosa, a target.

Vōhu ...

Then she vanished ...

Only to reappear in an instant, with feet planted and horns glowing with a golden-black Ki, directly in front of the Nagadarr who was so feverishly tapping away at the wrist device.

Then Ishtar spoke.

"... Mánāh.

Firing forward on Ki-amplified legs then, the Oni struck the Nagadarr Warrior in the midsection. The instant the impact registered to the blue-skinned woman then, her arms locked around the creatures' waist; the momentem of the blow hopefully carrying both toward the coordinates offered by Asha'rah.

A simple plan in the end, yet one that made the most sense given all options available. After all, simply flinging- or hurling, or pushing- the Nagadarr might give it time to right itself before reaching the destination, and the coming shot from the Colossus might find its target fled. It was not however- to Ishtar's knowledge- heavy enough to resist being carried. That Ishtar could then teleport away once the Nagadarr was well and truly planted there; also made it the safest option.

So when the two reached the cannon fire's intended destination. Ishtar, and the Nagadarr struck the ground with force enough to plant them firm, and the golden-eyed Oni gave the word.

"Asha'rah. NOW!"
    Meanwhile, Asha'rah's call had been heard, and Ishtar answered. Manifesting dual-colored ki in her horns of a color strangely reminiscent of Asha'rah's own aura, Ishtar slammed into her armored enemy and carried him to the peak of a nearby hill, offering a clear line of fire free of buildings or allies. Then Ishtar cried loud and clear, telling them to fire while she held the Nagadaar still.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Ishtar." Asha'rah said. If the oni got caught in the blast, Asha'rah wasn't sure if there'd be a body left to create organs for this time. But the Ishtar of today was not the same one Asha'rah had first met. Ishtar wanted to live, burning with renewed purpose in the now. And either way, Erosa needed to dump her energy without further delay.

She flipped the firing switch, and sat back to watch the show.

Erosa greeted Asha'rah with a familiar nickname, Ashy. Somehow, hearing her voice never failed to disarm Asha'rah, and the goddess smiled in her heart. A being of such pure intent, who relished life so much, Asha'rah admired that in the Id. But with time had come maturation, and now Erosa had gained the self awareness that came with full personhood without ever losing herself in the process. There was great beauty in that.

"I would accept, but would prefer the time to manifest a mouth again first. You are quite literally hot."

Meanwhile, Asha'rah's call had been heard, and Ishtar answered. Manifesting dual-colored ki in her horns of a color strangely reminiscent of Asha'rah's own aura, Ishtar slammed into her armored enemy and carried him to the peak of a nearby hill, offering a clear line of fire free of buildings or allies. Then Ishtar cried loud and clear, telling them to fire while she held the Nagadaar still.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Ishtar." Asha'rah said. If the oni got caught in the blast, Asha'rah wasn't sure if there'd be a body left to create organs for this time. But the Ishtar of today was not the same one Asha'rah had first met. Ishtar wanted to live, burning with renewed purpose in the now. And either way, Erosa needed to dump her energy without further delay.

The cannon took it's time to powerup, not having been synced with Erosa's Ki. Then, with a glow at it's barrel tip, a beam of energy shot out of the monstrous weapon, aimed straight for Isthar and her captive. The power of the energy was at lest twice the energy level given off by Erosa at that moment.

Meagan, while this was happening, did her best to make sure that no one was in the way, in the path of the blast.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada could only gawp when Ishtar spear-tackled the Nagadarr and carried him to a nearby hill. Her brows furrowed in confusion; why would she carry him away from the battle? It made more sense to keep him nearby so the others could whale on him some more.

Then, something shot out of the ship above them. A tremendous beam of energy erupted from a cannon and barreled through the air, right for where Ishtar was holding the Nagadarr. Sarada could only watched helplessly. The beam was stronger than any of them; it it hit the planet, it was going to destroy everything, including the planet!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada could only gawp when Ishtar spear-tackled the Nagadarr and carried him to a nearby hill. Her brows furrowed in confusion; why would she carry him away from the battle? It made more sense to keep him nearby so the others could whale on him some more.

Then, something shot out of the ship above them. A tremendous beam of energy erupted from a cannon and barreled through the air, right for where Ishtar was holding the Nagadarr. Sarada could only watched helplessly. The beam was stronger than any of them; it it hit the planet, it was going to destroy everything, including the planet!
    As the beam of energy left the cannon and approached Istrhar and the Copper Nagadarr, it's aim held true to its' target.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-19-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Vōhu ...

Then she vanished ...

Then Ishtar spoke.

"... Mánāh.

"Asha'rah. NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The cannon took it's time to powerup, not having been synced with Erosa's Ki. Then, with a glow at it's barrel tip, a beam of energy shot out of the monstrous weapon, aimed straight for Isthar and her captive. The power of the energy was at lest twice the energy level given off by Erosa at that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Seeing Ishtar fly off into the distance with their opponent, and then seeing the massive energy blast bound to meet the Oni and the Nagadarr, Zaofan could only raise his arm to cover his face from the sheer heat and ambient energy emanating from the colossal beam.

"Ishtar...!"

As fast as he or anyone else could be, there simply would be no time to catch up to Ishtar -- certainly nowhere near as fast to outrace a beam. Rather, all Zaofan could do was to behold, to anticipate, and to fear the worst.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

As Adam siphons off the reactor, de powering the ship from ever taking flight, robbing it of it’s healing hull and shields, the hidden cannon’s beam cuts across the city and slams into the Copper Nagadarr as planned.

After a few moments, nothing is left but a massive trench carved through the abandoned city and out again, and no sign of the Nagadarr warrior and this behind him.

Adam, meanwhile, through the reactor, is able to trace the power lines throughout the ship and shut down not only all its capabilities but also shut down any help coming to the local Nagadarr forces via comms.

The ship, and day, is theirs as the few serving local Nagadarr forces start surrendering.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM