Page 13 of 782 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He smiles a bit sadly. He starts to reach out, then pulls his hand back.

“Twenty years. You were transported twenty years into the future.”

He hand aher a syringe.

“This will help restore your ki. We need to move and get back to HQ. I can explain there.”
    "I know we still have to reach the new HQ, but it's likely no coincidence that we were transported, and that we were all relatively close enough to run into each other like this.

Also, one other thing: Hi, Meagan!"

Jinzi starts, pulling a large gun out.

“Get down!”

To Adam, he looks far older then he did before.
    Startled again, Zaofan notices the robot not attacking, and he puts his hand on Mr. Pantaloon.

"Whoa there, Tex."

Jinzi looks affronted.

“Now now, still the foremost mind. Otherwise I woudn’t have the cure to what ails you.”

He takes a box off the shelf and opens it, revealing a row of syringes.

“A nanomat cocktail I created a few years back. Counters the ki supressing nano-machines in the air.”

He hands them all one.
    "Heh."

A small smile played out on Ochazuke's face. The world around them had gone to hell, but even as the last man standing Jinzi Pantaloon ever stood by his vision.

Small wonder. He is already master of the shrunken world.

Hanging his sportcoat over his broad shoulders, Ochazuke rolled up his left sleeve by the cuff. Rolling his hand about his wrist he pumped the motion until the vein rose to the crook of his arm. Dropping the guarded presence of his ki, he pierced the wall of the blood vessel, drew blood into the syringe chamber, and pushed it through. After he removed the needle and held fast the small wound, Jinzi's vaccine went to work, and though much of his former strength remained diminished, like a swell in the air he felt the space of his sense-awareness realign itself, and the swirling manifestations of the subtle things of this world were visible to him. For the fight to come, fresh off the journeys he'd returned from, he was confidient this would be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post

Adam's body flows through the grate, the tracks had been clear enough. Multiple individuals, moving quickly. Underground, it could hear voices. Sarada, Ishtar, Jack, some unknowns, but non hostile. Ahead, it sees an open vault door. Someone says a name, Meagan. She speaks in turn, Jinzi. So, whatever happened, he had survived. Adam walks to the vault door, still in it's disguise as one of the robots.
    Jinzi starts, pulling a large gun out.

“Get down!”

To Adam, he looks far older then he did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "I know we still have to reach the new HQ, but it's likely no coincidence that we were transported, and that we were all relatively close enough to run into each other like this.

Also, one other thing: Hi, Meagan!"

Startled again, Zaofan notices the robot not attacking, and he puts his hand on Mr. Pantaloon.

"Whoa there, Tex."
    Ochazuke looked at the robot straight in the eyes. It had the shape of their group's previous assailants and certainly set the genius into a furor. Still, Zaofan moved to contain him, leaving Ochazuke free to speak.

"Its vision is bloodshot, but not to the degree you know. Look closer. "

Sweeping his jacket around him and affixing his arms through their sleeves, Ochazuke began to survey the supplies of the area to ascertain what was vital. Medical supplies, or perhaps a weapon, would be invaluable going forward.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi lowers the gun just a bit, staring at the robot.

“Who are you? Wait......Adam?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh."

A small smile played out on Ochazuke's face. The world around them had gone to hell, but even as the last man standing Jinzi Pantaloon ever stood by his vision.

Small wonder. He is already master of the shrunken world.

Hanging his sportcoat over his broad shoulders, Ochazuke rolled up his left sleeve by the cuff. Rolling his hand about his wrist he pumped the motion until the vein rose to the crook of his arm. Dropping the guarded presence of his ki, he pierced the wall of the blood vessel, drew blood into the syringe chamber, and pushed it through. After he removed the needle and held fast the small wound, Jinzi's vaccine went to work, and though much of his former strength remained diminished, like a swell in the air he felt the space of his sense-awareness realign itself, and the swirling manifestations of the subtle things of this world were visible to him. For the fight to come, fresh off the journeys he'd returned from, he was confidient this would be sufficient.

Ochazuke looked at the robot straight in the eyes. It had the shape of their group's previous assailants and certainly set the genius into a furor. Still, Zaofan moved to contain him, leaving Ochazuke free to speak.

"Its vision is bloodshot, but not to the degree you know. Look closer. "

Sweeping his jacket around him and affixing his arms through their sleeves, Ochazuke began to survey the supplies of the area to ascertain what was vital. Medical supplies, or perhaps a weapon, would be invaluable going forward.
    More than a few very advanced looking blasters. Some body armor, Med kits, that sort of thing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan lowers her sword, "Adam, don't just stand there, get inside." As she walked over to the syringes and used it on herself. Then she went over to Jinzi, "giving him a small smile, "Thank you for the birthday present."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

More than a few very advanced looking blasters. Some body armor, Med kits, that sort of thing.
    The constructed weapon was not one he was quite so familiar with beyond the simple weapons of the Classical Crane. Ochazuke's training had been dedicated to the one weapon a warrior could never lose; one cannot drop their hand so much as let an opponent take it from them. But in this apparent future, where even the very energy of the spirit was compartmentalized to external machinations, to get on their level they would require any means to fight back.

He'd seen their make briefly, held by the men who guarded the K-Wing of the prison, doubtless an invention prepared to stymie the escape of a deposed Colonel, among others.

How ironic, the jailer's weapon is the only escape from this prison.

He held his capsule at the ready in one hand as he lift a blaster rifle off its mount on the wall.

"What can we take and what are you willing to leave behind, Pantaloon?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada observed everything happening around her silently. Meagan had finally joined them, running a bit late undoubtedly due to her otherworldly training. Adam -- in the guise of one of the robots who nearly killed them -- also appeared.

While seeing these two reinforced the feeling of familiarity and consistency that was desperately needed at this time, it did little to stem the flow of confusion and unease within her. Her thoughts rested with her homeworld. After finding out that she had somehow jumped twenty years into the future, the fate of her planet and entire race was in question. While she wouldn't fool herself into thinking she would have made that much of a difference against Jagam, having to realize that she played no role at all in the inevitable battle to determine the Saiyans' future was a tough pill to swallow.

Maiz, Pinach, Rutaba, and Avoca could all be dead, and I'm stuck here in this dystopia. Damn it all.

She sighed despondently and looked at the ground. How many times has this floor been tread over the last two decades, each trip carrying with it the hope that it would be the one that would produce Eva's chosen warriors, at one time vanished in a blinding flash of white light? Too many to count, certainly. Yet, Jinzi persisted. Jinzi survived. The billionaire, but no means the pampered prince his station in life would suggest, carved out a stronghold for himself and stood in defiance of the force that razed the rest of the planet.

For his loyalty and hope, he had just been rewarded. But, now what? How could any of them possibly stand against an enemy who could render an entire planet inert, and possibly bend time itself to its whims?

Her fist clenched tightly.

"When do we leave?" she asked anxiously. Before they could begin planning, they needed information. Everything Jinzi knew, they needed to know. Only then could they face the future with clear intent and focus.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The constructed weapon was not one he was quite so familiar with beyond the simple weapons of the Classical Crane. Ochazuke's training had been dedicated to the one weapon a warrior could never lose; one cannot drop their hand so much as let an opponent take it from them. But in this apparent future, where even the very energy of the spirit was compartmentalized to external machinations, to get on their level they would require any means to fight back.

He'd seen their make briefly, held by the men who guarded the K-Wing of the prison, doubtless an invention prepared to stymie the escape of a deposed Colonel, among others.

How ironic, the jailer's weapon is the only escape from this prison.

He held his capsule at the ready in one hand as he lift a blaster rifle off its mount on the wall.

"What can we take and what are you willing to leave behind, Pantaloon?"
    “Well, take whatever you want or can carry. I don’t plan on being back here ever again. I’ve got a means to teleport us to HQ, but we are about ten blocks away from where we can use it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"That you are able to identify me speaks poorly of my mimicry." Adam resumes it's normal shape, but with twice the body mass it had in the fight with Fife's parasite. It had spent quite some time duplicating it's composition. "Twenty years, assuming your diet has been adequate and you have been relatively free of disease."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan lowers her sword, "Adam, don't just stand there, get inside." As she walked over to the syringes and used it on herself. Then she went over to Jinzi, "giving him a small smile, "Thank you for the birthday present."
    He looks at the armor and laughs softly.

“Kami, Meagan. I’m glad it fits. I.....remember giving you that. Never thought I would see you again.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He looks at the armor and laughs softly.

“Kami, Meagan. I’m glad it fits. I.....remember giving you that. Never thought I would see you again.”
    Tears filled her eyes as she threw her arms around him and kissed him. "When I saw the city, I feared that too." she then backed away, wiping her face dry.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“Well, take whatever you want or can carry. I don’t plan on being back here ever again. I’ve got a means to teleport us to HQ, but we are about ten blocks away from where we can use it.”
    "Since you do not wish to return, when we are ready to leave. I will destroy this place. I do not know much of our pursuers but it would not do to leave a trace." Ishtar comments.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "That you are able to identify me speaks poorly of my mimicry." Adam resumes it's normal shape, but with twice the body mass it had in the fight with Fife's parasite. It had spent quite some time duplicating it's composition. "Twenty years, assuming your diet has been adequate and you have been relatively free of disease."
    Jinzi grins.

“Crappy Hetap energy drinks, chem tabs, and dehydrated food packs. No diseases.”

He claps Adam on the back and looks at the others.

“Grab what you want and let’s go.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi grins.

“Crappy Hetap energy drinks, chem tabs, and dehydrated food packs. No diseases.”

While Jinzi and this... Chromakai woman engaged in their unnecessary displays of affection, Nevanlinna grabbed an energy pistol for herself and, just in case, put some battle armor and medical supplies in some of her spare capsules. She didn't expect to need it, but one could never be too careful.

She nodded, eager to find out what, precisely, Jinzi knew about this situation. Of course, it was likely he was just going to explain what had happened in the intervening twenty years--no doubt a subject of great interest to the others, but she was interested in the temporal anomaly that had brought them here, not the closing pages of a dying planet's story.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-08-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Jinzi grins.

Sarada looked over the equipment Jinzi had at his disposal. Most of it wasn't to her liking, but without her abilities at the complete best, she had no choice but to operate with survival in mind in lieu of satisfying her preferences. With her as weak as she was, close quarters combat was only going to get her killed. With that in mind, she grabbed a blaster hesitantly, then grabbed several med packs.

It's just like using ki blasts, she told herself as she looked the gun in her hand over several times to try and get a feel for it. This was, literally, the first time she had ever held one of these contraptions. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it, but if she did, she hoped even more that she didn't blow her hand off.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!