Page 136 of 782 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The food was finally ready. Servers brought out large quantities of various dishes, from soups to more complex creations, including the 'Turkey', the Fish, and some items Zaofan had brought with him, all in deep metal pans. Those that needed to be kept warm were placed over heating elements and were in the center of the buffet. One side was the cold dishes and salads, on the other were desserts and drinks. A table near the cold foods was piled high with trays, dishes and utensils. Another table at the other side had condiments and ice for the drinks.

Zaofan and his staff stood in the back, watching proudly, while several Chromakai acted as servers behind the Line, making sure that everyone got the food they requested.

Some of the dishes were distinctly Zaofan and familiar to those who know him. These dishes included items that he had stored in his capsule or just such an occasion.

Items that were unfamiliar to anyone who isn't Chromkai were slightly exotic but not all that strange. Most resembled familiar dishes like Curry, Chili, Quiche, Vegetarian Pot Stickers, Seasoned Noodles, and so on.

Once ready, Zaofan rang the dinner bell.

OOC: Help yourselves.
    By the time Ishtar finished her own preparations, the feats was well and truly underway; with all the various foods previously put together by Zaofan's Kitchen Team assaulting the sights and senses of everyone present. And what a sight it was, Curries, Chili, Noodles, and a cacophony of other meals- vegetarian and non- spanning as far as could be seen of the feasting hall, all of which being heaped onto plates by elder Chromakai as they made sure the children were well fed and tended to.

The Oni saw too that Jinzi had arrived ... somehow, and while he looked a fair bit ragged, he was in good spirits sitting alongside Meagan.

The Oni also saw that while her own offerings had not garnered as much attention as the others- and really how could they, Zaofan's masterpieces of the sort few (if any) could match- there had definitely been some who had taken what was offered. Which filled Ishtar with a fair bit of joy, and even the faintest trickle of pride. It had not been something she had focused on overmuch, merely things she had picked up during her years of life ... but to know that it was at least useful and appreciated after a fashion was definitely something.

Though as the golden-eyed Oni wandered and filled her own plate, a thing that was far more important sat firmly in the back of her mind.

Where is Sarada ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When one plate or bowl was cleaned off, it was set to the side and immediately replaced by another. Everything was so delicious that she couldn't stop shoveling food into her mouth. Sounds similar to a wild animal devouring a freshly killed carcass floated in from her table, undoubtedly drawing curious, possibly disgusted glances.

Ah, well.

"Ah!" she sighed happily when every dish before her was empty. "So good! Time for seconds!!"
    In the end it didn't take long, of course, and when Sarada exclaimed somewhat loudly that she was ready for seconds; Ishtar knew almost exactly where it was she sat. Approaching the girl however, the Oni's golden eyes widened slightly, first in confusion, then awe:

She sighed and decided on a green stretchy fitted sundress that cling to her body like Saran wrap. It even had a hole in the back for her tail.
    Sarada wasn't wearing her armor. Usually, that meant one thing ... she was naked. The reason mattered little, the armor needing to be repaired, or washed, or simply because being naked was easier in the moment; the Saiyan was almost always wearing her armor. That she wasn't, and was instead wearing a decidedly tight-fitting dress that suited her complexion and the color of her hair rather well, was ...

Well.

"Sarada ..."

The golden-eyed Oni fished around for a minute, before cracking a small smile. "You look beautiful, in that." Stepping into full view of her lover then, Sarada would find that the Oni in a way, had dressed to match. Her own dress a simple thing of greens, and black; accentuated with jewelry of silver that shimmered in the light of the feasting hall.

The Oni then asked, pensively, after simply staring at Sarada for several moments with a dumb smile, "So ... how is the food ? Did you .. have you tried what I made ?" And as she waited for her love's response, Ishtar slipped into the seat beside her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Femdom....Ahhh, I understand. Alas, I wouldn't consider myself aggressive...as surprising as that might sound consider your image of me." Etrna shook her head. "I assume you get quite the enjoyment of picturing me as some whip touting royal tart who snaps a mewing hogtied Zaofan around like a sheep.....but there is far more to our relationship then such skin deep observations would tell you. To love one is to surrender ones authority to that person without hesitation, and to return that love is to treat that surrender with the respect it deserves. Otherwise....your just a slave driver beating on a slave."
    "Hm?"

Etrina actually cared about Zaofan outside of using him as a foot stool and making him kiss her feet? Sarada was actually amused to here that. "Ah. I just assumed that because you kept calling him a sheep when we all got drunk that one time."

She still didn't understand this love nonsense. It just got in the way of the good stuff and led to a lot of uncomfortable tension when she tried to mix the two together. Then again, she loved Ishtar -- even though she would never admit it aloud -- so she supposed she understood it a little better than she gave herself credit for.

"Alright, I'll stop calling you Zaofan's mistress and just call you his mate. At least you'll never have a bad meal again in your life."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Midori, having parted ways with Shiro during her search, wandered into the dining room, lead by the tantalizing scent of food and knowing that if she found food, she'd hopefully find Erosa. And even if she didn't, she could get some of the food to restore her back-up fuel supplies, since her transformation had caused them to be depleted.

As she looked over all the food that had been prepared, Midori smiled as she said "Zaofan did good work... Of course that's to be expected of his skill."

Moving to the table, she began gathering some of whatever caught her interest, occasionally looking to her fellow diners to see if she could spot Erosa.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The food was finally ready. Servers brought out large quantities of various dishes, from soups to more complex creations, including the 'Turkey', the Fish, and some items Zaofan had brought with him, all in deep metal pans. Those that needed to be kept warm were placed over heating elements and were in the center of the buffet. One side was the cold dishes and salads, on the other were desserts and drinks. A table near the cold foods was piled high with trays, dishes and utensils. Another table at the other side had condiments and ice for the drinks.

Zaofan and his staff stood in the back, watching proudly, while several Chromakai acted as servers behind the Line, making sure that everyone got the food they requested.

Some of the dishes were distinctly Zaofan and familiar to those who know him. These dishes included items that he had stored in his capsule or just such an occasion.

Items that were unfamiliar to anyone who isn't Chromkai were slightly exotic but not all that strange. Most resembled familiar dishes like Curry, Chili, Quiche, Vegetarian Pot Stickers, Seasoned Noodles, and so on.

Once ready, Zaofan rang the dinner bell.

OOC: Help yourselves.
    "Ah, a victory feast!" P-Sta exclaimed helping himself to equal portions of everything available. "Now, this is a group activity I can get accustomed to!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ah, a victory feast!" P-Sta exclaimed helping himself to equal portions of everything available. "Now, this is a group activity I can get accustomed to!"
    From the other side of the serving line, Dash leans over to speak with him, "Aren't you one of those Galaxy Police Officers? Now why are you the only one here?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sarada wasn't wearing her armor. Usually, that meant one thing ... she was naked. The reason mattered little, the armor needing to be repaired, or washed, or simply because being naked was easier in the moment; the Saiyan was almost always wearing her armor. That she wasn't, and was instead wearing a decidedly tight-fitting dress that suited her complexion and the color of her hair rather well, was ...

Well.

"Sarada ..."

The golden-eyed Oni fished around for a minute, before cracking a small smile. "You look beautiful, in that." Stepping into full view of her lover then, Sarada would find that the Oni in a way, had dressed to match. Her own dress a simple thing of greens, and black; accentuated with jewelry of silver that shimmered in the light of the feasting hall.

The Oni then asked, pensively, after simply staring at Sarada for several moments with a dumb smile, "So ... how is the food ? Did you .. have you tried what I made ?" And as she waited for her love's response, Ishtar slipped into the seat beside her.
    The Oni's dulcet voice attracted Sarada's attention. She turned and beheld the outfit she found herself wearing at the moment. It was the same color as her own dress, but showed off her midriff and was accented by a silver collar and bracelets. It was simple, yet so appealing.

Sarada eyed her silently, her lips slowly curling into a smile. "Damn. You look good." She could have continued to stare at her love, but the mention of what she cooked immediately shifted her attention. "Ah, I didn't realize you were done." She moved to where the food was and found the meat buns and fig pastries. "Hm." She took a bite of the meat bun, then immediately devoured the entire thing. It was meaty, that was the first thing she noticed. After the next few bites, she also noticed a broth of some kind mixed in there to give it an extra flavor.

"Holy ****, this is good!" She grabbed two handfuls and shoved them in her mouth one by one. "Hehe. I bet all that cooking's made you hungry, huh? You better grab some food and join me over here."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Adam emerges from the workshop, having completed it's analysis. Seeing Jinzi, it approaches. "That is not the condition I left you in. You should be more careful."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

The Oni's dulcet voice attracted Sarada's attention. She turned and beheld the outfit she found herself wearing at the moment. It was the same color as her own dress, but showed off her midriff and was accented by a silver collar and bracelets. It was simple, yet so appealing.

Sarada eyed her silently, her lips slowly curling into a smile. "Damn. You look good." She could have continued to stare at her love, but the mention of what she cooked immediately shifted her attention. "Ah, I didn't realize you were done." She moved to where the food was and found the meat buns and fig pastries. "Hm." She took a bite of the meat bun, then immediately devoured the entire thing. It was meaty, that was the first thing she noticed. After the next few bites, she also noticed a broth of some kind mixed in there to give it an extra flavor.

"Holy ****, this is good!" She grabbed two handfuls and shoved them in her mouth one by one. "Hehe. I bet all that cooking's made you hungry, huh? You better grab some food and join me over here."
    Damn you look good.

It was blunt, perhaps, and perhaps a tad bit crass; and yet hearing Sarada say it was enough to make Ishtar's dumb smile return.

"Not as good as you ... perhaps finding you more outfits that are not armor, might be of some worth." The Oni said after a moment then, as she watched Sarada quickly grab and seek out the Baozi. The reaction that came when the Saiyan finally bit in was one that the golden-eyed Oni did not know she'd hoped for. A cursory nibble that became something akin to one of those vacuum cleaners she had seen once, Sarada all but inhaled the first bun; quickly seeking out more to cram into her mouth despite having already eaten a considerable amount. Her comments- and the sensation offered across Aka Manah- also spoke toward just how much she enjoyed the offering, a simple exclamation- alongside an expletive- and in the end Ishtar simply felt ... warm.

After all, it was a pleasant thing, to be so well received for so simple a thing. Especially considering the meal that had been provided by Zaofan.

Were Sarada fast enough, she might see Ishtar blushing then, as she settled in beside Sarada with one of the steamed buns, as well as a curry that had been mentioned by Zaofan himself to be worthy of her attention.

"A little ... though like I have told you before, all I really need is water ..." the Oni said then, the blush fading as she began to nibble on the Baozi. "But do you ... I mean, the buns are simple compared to everything else here. Do you really like them, that much ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Damn you look good.

It was blunt, perhaps, and perhaps a tad bit crass; and yet hearing Sarada say it was enough to make Ishtar's dumb smile return.

"Not as good as you ... perhaps finding you more outfits that are not armor, might be of some worth." The Oni said after a moment then, as she watched Sarada quickly grab and seek out the Baozi. The reaction that came when the Saiyan finally bit in was one that the golden-eyed Oni did not know she'd hoped for. A cursory nibble that became something akin to one of those vacuum cleaners she had seen once, Sarada all but inhaled the first bun; quickly seeking out more to cram into her mouth despite having already eaten a considerable amount. Her comments- and the sensation offered across Aka Manah- also spoke toward just how much she enjoyed the offering, a simple exclamation- alongside an expletive- and in the end Ishtar simply felt ... warm.

After all, it was a pleasant thing, to be so well received for so simple a thing. Especially considering the meal that had been provided by Zaofan.

Were Sarada fast enough, she might see Ishtar blushing then, as she settled in beside Sarada with one of the steamed buns, as well as a curry that had been mentioned by Zaofan himself to be worthy of her attention.

"A little ... though like I have told you before, all I really need is water ..." the Oni said then, the blush fading as she began to nibble on the Baozi. "But do you ... I mean, the buns are simple compared to everything else here. Do you really like them, that much ?"
    "Trust me. There's plenty more where this one came from." Sarada winked and left it at that. Before she left, she went on a rare shopping trip on Turrip and bought all kinds of outfits and clothing to where whenever she had some downtime. Being prepared bfor battle was a mark of a true warrior, but sometimes it was okay to relax without letting one's guard down.

As she ate the buns, she could feel the warmth and happiness radiating within Ishtar. Sarada enjoying her cooking made her happy. Knowing that made Sarada happy.

Wait, did she blush?

Sarada could have sworn she saw a tingle of red coloring the Oni's cheeks. Hm…

Oh, how cute.

"Of course I did," she answered when they sat back down with food – or more food in her case. "I love meat, and stuffing it inside some juicy buns only makes that meat tastier." She smiled softly as her tail reached up to softly nuzzle the bottom of her jaw. "And you made it, and that was the cherry on top."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

After getting over her initial surprise, Cyanna wraps her arms around his neck and leans into his chest with a smile on her face.

Once inside long enough for the others there to see her being carried, she gave Charco a kiss then leapt out of his arms. "That was fun, but your still recovering from your injuries. Maybe I should be the one to carry you?"
    She then took Charco's hand and lead him to eh buffet, "If you have any questions about the food, just ask." Cyanna then took a closer look at the food laid out, "I may have to do the same. Who did the cooking? Half of these dishes I've never seen before."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam emerges from the workshop, having completed it's analysis. Seeing Jinzi, it approaches. "That is not the condition I left you in. You should be more careful."
    Jinzi looks a little embarrassed.

“Some Junjo showed up, alongside some dogs and ships and..., well, yeah, things were a bit messy. But I am in one piece, so that’s good. Have you begun analyzing the weird tech here?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi looks a little embarrassed.

“Some Junjo showed up, alongside some dogs and ships and..., well, yeah, things were a bit messy. But I am in one piece, so that’s good. Have you begun analyzing the weird tech here?”
    Meagan, sitting next to him, sighs slightly, "That's what I keep trying to tell him, Adam." She then motions to an empty seat, "Care to join us?"
    Last edited by Tami; 06-24-2018 at 01:04 PM.

"Trust me. There's plenty more where this one came from." Sarada winked and left it at that. Before she left, she went on a rare shopping trip on Turrip and bought all kinds of outfits and clothing to where whenever she had some downtime. Being prepared for battle was a mark of a true warrior, but sometimes it was okay to relax without letting one's guard down.

As she ate the buns, she could feel the warmth and happiness radiating within Ishtar. Sarada enjoying her cooking made her happy. Knowing that made Sarada happy.

Wait, did she blush?

Sarada could have sworn she saw a tingle of red coloring the Oni's cheeks. Hm…

Oh, how cute.

"Of course I did," she answered when they sat back down with food – or more food in her case. "I love meat, and stuffing it inside some juicy buns only makes that meat tastier." She smiled softly as her tail reached up to softly nuzzle the bottom of her jaw. "And you made it, and that was the cherry on top."
    Ishtar smiled at the mention of more outfits.

Though it was funny ... before her return to Earth- the second time- the Oni had cared little for the changing of outfits. She had worn practically the same outfit for the majority of her life, a simple top comprised of white linen wrapping, and black form-fitting pants. Simple, effective, and not wholly untoward. It had also severed the purpose of maintaining her 'modesty' around those species who took offense. Yet now, here she sat hoping more than anything to see more of Sarada's teased outfits. Despite seeing the Saiyan naked before, no less ...

"Heh."

Ishtar chuckled softly as she continued to nibble on the steamed bun.

With a tickling of her chin however, the Oni was pulled back to the present- and her own embarrassment- as Sarada confirmed that it was more than simply 'because you made it'. Which was both heartening, and ... well ...

"I will remember that !" The Oni blurted out suddenly. "I mean ... I have never needed to cook much, so what I know to make is rather limited. That said I will ... remember that, going forward ... perhaps I could learn how to make your favorite food, even." As she thought about that more however, Ishtar wondered exactly what that might be. It was one of the less talked about subjects between the two after all, given that the Oni generally just drank water.

"I ... anyway. I would like to hear about your three months back home, if that is alright. We never got around to it, and you certainly seem to have made the best of it." Ishtar then said, offering Sarada a warm smile.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Seeing Ishtar in the appropriate cooking attire gave Zaofan one delighted smile, complete with a nod. "Ishtar! Presenting Ishtar, everyone! May I introduce you to the others? Mr. Pewter, Ms. Blush, and peppy Dash here; Dash had fought with us against Battersea and Fife on the island all those months ago. Can you believe this? HAH! HAH!"

But moreso, seeing Ishtar in the outfit allowed Zaofan to realize that, just as anything else, Ishtar would devote herself to the tasks at hand. Whether it be battle, or sacrifice, or simply cooking, the vagabond chef took a careful personal note of Ishtar's dedication, and how that in itself would and should be a model for his own approach to life. Ishtar was, in her way, an inspiration, even if she herself hadn't noticed.

"Right you are, Ishtar!" He said, not realizing or catching his own rhyme. His spirits lifted, as creation tends to come more from a place of love than outright destruction ever could. "You'll fill my last role -- the Sous Chef! Your meticulous attention to detail and care will be of utmost importance here. Food preparation would be key -- preparing the ingredients for the rest of us to cook, tasting the food to make sure we are on the right track, and ensuring that we keep our stations clean. Once the meals are cooked, your eye will help us greatly with food presentation."

Zaofan then looked to each of the four newfound kitchen staff, the team complete.

"These people -- these survivors, these refugees, these orphans -- deserve the best. And they shall get our best. We're in the business of liberation, folks -- let's liberate their taste buds."

"Sing?"

"..."

"SING?"

"..."

"IN MY KITCHEN?!"

Oooooh, now Ishtar had done it. Riding a high that steadily began when the mission started, it would reach a new height. Whether the Oni was facetious or not, it did not matter -- Zaofan was triggered, just enough to leap onto the kitchen island with one mighty grin, and then hopping and dancing around each of the team, lost in the moment.

Let's
    Get down
    To business
    To bake all
    the buns

Did
    They send me
    Flour
    when I asked
    for crumbs?

It's the baddest brunch we've ever made
    But you can bet
    before we're through
    Chroma, I'll
    make a flan
    Just for you

Lumpy
    as a
    porridge
    but with dairy
    within

Once
    you find
    vanilla
    you make sure
    to spin

You're a formless, pale, and shapeless glob
    So we need
    a baking pan
    Listen
    I'll make
    a flan
    just for you

I'm always gonna bake my bread
    Say goodbye to those hunger pains
    Boy, was I attuned with spoons for some chow mein
    These eggs are beaten half to death
    Hope this doesn't come out runny
    Now I really wish that I knew their cuisine

MAKE A FLAN
    We must be swift as a ten course dinner
    MAKE A FLAN
    With all the force of a great big spoon
    MAKE A FLAN
    With all the strength of convection ovens
    And then we'll make some really crunchy rangoooooons

Time is racing toward us till the buns need chives
    Heed my every order 'fore you take a five
    It's unsalted for the taste of more
    Cinnamon, honeycomb, then stew
    Now can I make a flan just for you?

MAKE A FLAN
    MAKE A FLAN
    MAKE A FLAN

MAKE A FLAN
    MAKE A FLAN
    MAKE A FLAN

----

Zaofan then stopped, finding his arms stretched out to Ishtar and Dash. Clearing his throat, Zaofan tugged down on his tunic, and tried to stop blushing. "Ahem, that is to say, Ishtar -- yes. Yes, singing is welcome in my kitchen."
    Asha'rah had never needed food in a technical sense. She had existed long before the concept of food ever came into being. That did not stop her from truly appreciating the art of preparing and eating it. With mortal engines had come various needs, and reward centers in the brain associated with satisfying those needs. This was the primitive, primal instinct from which all life rose from the muck with, the basest form of striving. But as creatures grew in complexity, they gained self-awareness and innovation. Before long, they had learned to manipulate their own reward centers - They created mental tricks to help themselves work harder, experienced pain to derive pleasure, and yes, combined substances to produce symphonies upon the tongue. Zaofan was a maestro at the last of these, and for too long Asha'rah had been sidelined, unable to sample his delicacies for herself. No longer.

She helped herself to a truffle risotto and settled in. As she scooped some towards her mouth, the aroma of mushrooms wafting into her nose. Her tongue grew wet with anticipation, and she let the spoonful linger, just taking in the moment. It was good to be back.

Then the moment passed, and Asha’rah dug in. She closed her eyes and chewed, just floating down a river of culinary sensation without a care in the world. The risotto was thick, fluffy grains of rice softened by the cooking process, infused with dozens of delicate flavors. Onions, parmesan, white wine, arugula stock, olive oil, salt…all mixed together perfectly and their flavors drawn out to a heavenly degree. Finally, she swallowed, saying goodbye to that brief moment of bliss even as her tongue made ready to welcome the next mouthful.

Something wet rolled down her cheek. Opening her eyes, she found the world a tad blurry, so she blinked once, twice. A tear? Asha’rah chuckled, then broke into a full out laugh, growing louder till it filled the hall with a booming quality beyond what her physical body should have been able to produce.

“My thanks for the meal, Zaofan. You could save worlds with your cooking.”

Ishtar smiled at the mention of more outfits.

Though it was funny ... before her return to Earth- the second time- the Oni had cared little for the changing of outfits. She had worn practically the same outfit for the majority of her life, a simple top comprised of white linen wrapping, and black form-fitting pants. Simple, effective, and not wholly untoward. It had also severed the purpose of maintaining her 'modesty' around those species who took offense. Yet now, here she sat hoping more than anything to see more of Sarada's teased outfits. Despite seeing the Saiyan naked before, no less ...

"Heh."

Ishtar chuckled softly as she continued to nibble on the steamed bun.

With a tickling of her chin however, the Oni was pulled back to the present- and her own embarrassment- as Sarada confirmed that it was more than simply 'because you made it'. Which was both heartening, and ... well ...

"I will remember that !" The Oni blurted out suddenly. "I mean ... I have never needed to cook much, so what I know to make is rather limited. That said I will ... remember that, going forward ... perhaps I could learn how to make your favorite food, even." As she thought about that more however, Ishtar wondered exactly what that might be. It was one of the less talked about subjects between the two after all, given that the Oni generally just drank water.

"I ... anyway. I would like to hear about your three months back home, if that is alright. We never got around to it, and you certainly seem to have made the best of it." Ishtar then said, offering Sarada a warm smile.
    I'll remember that!

It was the most demonstrative Sarada had ever heard the Oni. There was something... ugh... cute -barf- about how she just randomly blurted out that she would remember that Sarada liked meat buns. At least, she assumed that was what she was talking about. Either way, it meant that Sarada had plenty of good food to look forward to, even if she wasn't around when Zaofan worked his magic in the kitchen.

"Hehe. Sounds like a good deal. Though, I guess I don't really have a favorite, so just make me whatever you like whenever you like. Odds are, I'll eat it." If her future delicacies were as good as these meat buns, then she had no doubt that she wouldn't be starving for food any time soon.

In an awkward and jerky shift of subject matter, Ishtar wished to learn of Sarada's three months on Vocado. She nodded; she was excited to tell her all about it. "For the most part, training and relaxing with friends. Totoma told me that his mother taught him that hard training combined with complete relaxation was the way she gained so much strength. That was how I managed to get so strong so quickly without training all that much. Much of my time was spent at the tribunal hall."

In hindsight, she was surprised she had the stomach to go through with it. Being that close to him, day in and day out, it was a nightmare. She had nightmares every day during the tribunal. Horrifyingly real dreams; they felt like she was back in his damned bedroom above his ice cream shop again, being subjected to every sick desire he could come up with. Not a night went by when she didn't jerk awake in the middle of the night, mouth yawned open by a soundless scream, face drenched with sweat. It was horrible. Not a morning went by when she didn't want to not just stay in bed, but stay as far away from the tribunal hall.

She didn't know how, but she nutted up and forced herself to attend every single day of the tribunal. She was glad she did; because of it, she made many friends after hearing the testimonies of so many just like her. And because of it, she got to witness Dashir's confidence melt away bit by agonizing bit, until there was nothing but a broken man serving a short sentence before his life would come to an end.

"The man who molested me," she started much more easily than she could months ago, "who dozens of other victims over the span of a decade. He had gotten careless and let his last one -- a six years old -- managed to escape and was found by her father. He was arrested, then the World Police asked us all to offer our testimonies at his tribunal. I was among those that did, along with over a hundred others. That was all the prosecutors needed to get a guilty verdict. A few days later, he was sentenced to death."

She grinned widely. With those words, her nightmare was finally over. No more being terrified of even thinking about the Meat Market, even if its horror had been reduced once slavery was eradicated. Her and 156 other young Saiyans could finally breathe and sleep more easily at night without worry if he was lurking in the shadows.

It was finally over.

"My eight year nightmare is finally over. The little girl I was eight years ago is dead, but she can finally rest in peace." She smiled tearfully, but didn't cry. The others were nearby, after all.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!