Page 14 of 782 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Well, take whatever you want or can carry. I don’t plan on being back here ever again. I’ve got a means to teleport us to HQ, but we are about ten blocks away from where we can use it.”
    "So you're not alone, then," Ochazuke replied, then followed, "you are always a man who is prepared, as ever. Are you still the one in charge?"

He busied himself arraying the medical supplies in an orderly pile for containment, having but a single capsule on him, the same he'd had since the incident in Cask with the Dragonball.

Mounting some body armour, he fixed a blaster pistol under his coat, slung another rifle over his shoulder, and grabbed another one off the wall, ready to toss it to any one gather who would have it.

He looks at the armor and laughs softly.

“Kami, Meagan. I’m glad it fits. I.....remember giving you that. Never thought I would see you again.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tears filled her eyes as she threw her arms around him and kissed him. "When I saw the city, I feared that too." she then backed away, wiping her face dry.
    "Hmm."

Ochazuke continued to busy himself with the preparations. Even under the circumstances, he would give their perennial host a moment. After all he'd done, even after a span of twenty years, he'd deserved this reunion, though they ought not to delay for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Since you do not wish to return, when we are ready to leave. I will destroy this place. I do not know much of our pursuers but it would not do to leave a trace." Ishtar comments.
    "If your journey had been a fruitful one, then as ever it will be a trifling thing to see it done," Ochazuke remarked.

Unfurling his bandana, he tied it over his forehead and braced the blaster rifles, one in each hand. "Let's go."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tears filled her eyes as she threw her arms around him and kissed him. "When I saw the city, I feared that too." she then backed away, wiping her face dry.
    He hugged her and returned the kiss before letting her back up. He grins, his familiar charm shining through.

“Careful now, I’m an old man. You can’t be so rough.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi grins.

“Crappy Hetap energy drinks, chem tabs, and dehydrated food packs. No diseases.”

He claps Adam on the back and looks at the others.

“Grab what you want and let’s go.”
    Midori tilted her head before looking around for a moment before shrugging. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her capsule wallet and pulled one out. Tapping the button on top, she tossed it down and in a burst of smoke it revealed a long, metal case.

Opening the case, Midori pulled her sword and sheath from it.

Sheathing the sword into its scabbard, Midori placed the sheathed blade against her back, where it latched firmly, keeping it from falling off.

"Ready to go. And someone WILL explain why we're 20 years into a dystopian future." Midori muttered, feeling annoyed by being ignored.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

“I’m in charge as much as anyone is. I am President of the World Government, so.....”

He nods to Ishtar.

“Bring it down when we leave.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He hugged her and returned the kiss before letting her back up. He grins, his familiar charm shining through.

“Careful now, I’m an old man. You can’t be so rough.”
    She gave him a wry smile, "We can test that out later." Meagan then went over to the supplies and took what she could, including weapons which she then stored in her capsules.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori tilted her head before looking around for a moment before shrugging. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her capsule wallet and pulled one out. Tapping the button on top, she tossed it down and in a burst of smoke it revealed a long, metal case.

Sheathing the sword into its scabbard, Midori placed the sheathed blade against her back, where it latched firmly, keeping it from falling off.

"Ready to go. And someone WILL explain why we're 20 years into a dystopian future." Midori muttered, feeling annoyed by being ignored.
    “As soon as we get to HQ, I promise.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Adam walks over to Midori and Shiro. "Hello. I am sorry for not keeping in contact, I was...busy. But I knew you were safe, I am still inside you and can track damage conditions."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“I’m in charge as much as anyone is. I am President of the World Government, so.....”

He nods to Ishtar.

“Bring it down when we leave.”
    The world being a complete dystopia didn't exactly speak well to his leadership skills. Then again, the entire thing may have caught him off-guard, which was why she kept that comment to herself. "I see times have changed," she said instead with a small smirk. "I wouldn't have pegged you the world leader type."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The world being a complete dystopia didn't exactly speak well to his leadership skills. Then again, the entire thing may have caught him off-guard, which was why she kept that comment to herself. "I see times have changed," she said instead with a small smirk. "I wouldn't have pegged you the world leader type."
    He shrugs.

“I was President before the Lyne attacked. Seems I kept the job afterwards.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Once everyone had grabbed what they would, Jinzi nod afor them all to follow him. They leave the safe room and head down another tunnel, then back up onto the surface. Jinzi nods to Ishtar.

“Do it, then everyone, follow me as quickly as you can. Go!”

Jinzi darts off at a quick clip, heading down a back alley.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He shrugs.

“I was President before the Lyne attacked. Seems I kept the job afterwards.”
    So, it wasn't his fault, or an oversight on his part. She was glad she kept that snide comment to herself, in that case.

Once everyone had grabbed what they would, Jinzi nods for them all to follow him. They leave the safe room and head down another tunnel, then back up onto the surface. Jinzi nods to Ishtar.

Sarada nodded and sprinted after Jinzi as he dashed down a back alley.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Meagan easily kept up, moving quickly yet cautiously.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Moving in single file, Ochazuke trailed Jinzi and the others a short clip ahead of Ishtar, prepared to cover as best as he could as the Oni prepared to collapse the shelter.

One rifle held fast in each arm, he expanded the field of Battle Meditation, trace amounts of ki keeping pace with Jinzi as he moved and searching for any movements hidden from sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam walks over to Midori and Shiro. "Hello. I am sorry for not keeping in contact, I was...busy. But I knew you were safe, I am still inside you and can track damage conditions."
    "So, do you know why we're suddenly 20 years in the future?" Shiro asked, Midori trying her best not to think about the fact that Adam was still inside her and monitoring her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Considering something, Ishtar slings two of the strange- to her- weapons over her shoulder. Picking up a suit of armor then, she touches it to the amulet around her neck and it vanishes in a glimmer. Satisfied, the Oni then turns to leave.

Once everyone had grabbed what they would, Jinzi nod afor them all to follow him. They leave the safe room and head down another tunnel, then back up onto the surface. Jinzi nods to Ishtar.

Waiting until everyone has fled, Ishtar brings the safe house down in such a way that they cannot be easily followed. Once satisfied, the golden-eyed Oni follows after the group.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan