Page 141 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Oh, Ishtar? Eresh is no where to be seen.
    Before departing, Ishtar will attempt to locate Eresh.

The Oni had made sure the girl had been comfortable and asleep the night previous- before her own antics had caused her to pass out in the ruins of a building's second floor- but at the moment she could not locate her.

Bound as they were however, there was no cause for alarm quite yet.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Before departing, Ishtar will attempt to locate Eresh.

The Oni had made sure the girl had been comfortable and asleep the night previous- before her own antics had caused her to pass out in the ruins of a building's second floor- but at the moment she could not locate her.

Bound as they were however, there was no cause for alarm quite yet.
    Ereshkigal looked through her book, eyes pale and distant. Fingertips tracing over words and names.

She stops at one and looks at it.

Evangeline.

She pauses, head cocked to one side, before closing the book. She skips away, and quickly finds Ishtar. Smiling brightly, she hugs the older Oni.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Asha’rah, something within the temple pings on your perverbial celestial senses.

It seems to not want your attention.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jack and Jinzi look around, amazed, as Chuan, Ochazuke, and Slak keep a reverent hesitance in touching anything.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna thought for a moment, then gave her answer: "In truth, it's simply because the disconnect between my modified appearance and my natural voice bothers me so. As such, I choose to modify my vocal cords a bit to better suit how I feel I should sound when in uniform. Yes, my natural voice would certainly gain me an advantage by making idiots underestimate me, but, to be perfectly honest, until a few days ago, I had not once run into anyone not of my race that could even present anything resembling a challenge to me, let alone actually defeat me." She paused and smiled. "And yes, that includes you Saiyans while in your vaunted ape form."

Recalling yesterday, she sighed. "Though as I so... ineptly demonstrated yesterday, inexperience and overconfidence can toll the death knell even when one possesses an overwhelming advantage in strength and martial skill. I have learned from that mistake, and will adjust accordingly."

She tapped her chin. "I will have to make efforts, eventually, to increase my power. Until now, I have been relying on what I was born with, but it seems that is no longer sufficient. It is a shame, as I've not lifted so much as a single weight until now, and I'd rather focus more on accruing knowledge than power, but with my situation as it is, it seems I have little choice." Another sigh. "I estimate, with the proper methods, I could breach one million, as your devices measure it, in approximately six months."
    In all honesty, Sarada didn't hear a single word Nevanlinna said after a certain point. That point being, of course, that she had yet to meet a single opponent that could push her to her limit, or even close to it.

This number included Saiyans in their Oozaru form.

Sarada had no reason to doubt her. Saiyans trended on the weaker side, with the exception of the ultra powerful royals and a few Elites.

This fact aside, this elf had yet to meet Sarada in combat, so that statement was about to have an exception. "If you want someone to push your limits, I'm your girl. At my max, I'd estimate i can reach around 210K. It's. It a million, but I'd reckon more than enough to get your blood pumping."

She grinned excitedly. Yes! A fight between her and Nevanlinna was the perfect idea. She figured the princess had been holding back by some measure. Her scouter only registered a power level around their level, but her senses detected so much more than that. She wanted to know and feel how much she was holding back. There was no better means than fighting.

"So, how 'bout it? Wanna go a few rounds with me some time?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna found herself shaking as she looked up at it, "Iris' Temple." she spoke softly in amazement. Dash then shook her, "Stop gawking now and keep up or you'll be left behind."
    The climb up to the temple was steep, but soon they were at the foot of the steps.

Leading them inside, Meagan paused to speak to them, "There is a place within that I need to go to. Feel free to look around, all I ask is that you look but do not damage anything or take anything unless Iris, unless the temple offers it to you. This place is sacred."
    Iris, huh?

Sarada recalled that being the name of this planet's guardian, like Eva was for Earth. She disappeared years ago under mysterious circumstances, just like Ceriac did five hundred years ago. They both traveled to that mysterious planet Slak caught a glimpse of, as part of the scheme to unravel the Kami system.

This was her temple, a building that sat in disuse for some time. Meagan requested that they not touch anything unless the temple wanted them to take something. Sarada didn't know how she'd know, so she just decided not to touch anything.

She went into each room, looking slowly and carefully for anything that looked interesting.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ereshkigal looked through her book, eyes pale and distant. Fingertips tracing over words and names.

She stops at one and looks at it.

Evangeline.

She pauses, head cocked to one side, before closing the book. She skips away, and quickly finds Ishtar. Smiling brightly, she hugs the older Oni.
    In the end, Ereshkigal found Ishtar and not the other way around.

Wrapping a hand around the young Oni's shoulders as her tiny hands wrapped themselves around Ishtar's waist; the golden-eyed Oni returned the hug before giving her a gentle pat. "It is time to go little one, to some place or another. Though tell me what was it you were doing. Something to do with that book of yours perhaps ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

In the end, Ereshkigal found Ishtar and not the other way around.

Wrapping a hand around the young Oni's shoulders as her tiny hands wrapped themselves around Ishtar's waist; the golden-eyed Oni returned the hug before giving her a gentle pat. "It is time to go little one, to some place or another. Though tell me what was it you were doing. Something to do with that book of yours perhaps ?"
    She nods, shyly.

“Sometimes I feel like opening it and reading. Especially if it’s important. But the words change. Today was someone’s name.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She nods, shyly.

“Sometimes I feel like opening it and reading. Especially if it’s important. But the words change. Today was someone’s name.”
    Ishtar blinked once, before frowning.

"The words change ?"

How ... strange. More than simply a Grimoire, if the golden-eyed Oni had any understanding of such things; and yet never once had she come across such a thing herself. If the book's contents were ever-changing however, and this time it was a name that could be found among the pages ... that did raise a few questions. Though they could at least be asked on the way. Scooping Ereshkigal up before setting her on her shoulders- the feathers of that long-dead bird providing a a nice cushion, amusingly- Ishtar made sure she was secure before setting off.

"What is the book about ? And do you remember the name it gave you, today ?"

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar blinked once, before frowning.

"The words change ?"

How ... strange. More than simply a Grimoire, if the golden-eyed Oni had any understanding of such things; and yet never once had she come across such a thing herself. If the book's contents were ever-changing however, and this time it was a name that could be found among the pages ... that did raise a few questions. Though they could at least be asked on the way. Scooping Ereshkigal up before setting her on her shoulders- the feathers of that long-dead bird providing a a nice cushion, amusingly- Ishtar made sure she was secure before setting off.

"What is the book about ? And do you remember the name it gave you, today ?"
    Eresh giggles at being put on her shoulders. She plays a bit with the feathers.

“It’s about a lot of stuff and people. A lot of names were added recently after the battle yesterday, but Ionly read the one. I don’t remember most of it, just that sometimes it is important to read. I think the name was...Eva..Evan...Evangeline! Yeah, Evangeline was what it said.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan waited as long as she could, but ultimately she knew that time was against her. Looking around at those who wished to join her, she smiled, then lifted up off the ground, "Follow me, I know where the entrance is.

With the mountains in sight, Meagan flew at a pace sufficient for the others t keep up.

After covering considerable distance fairly quickly, she landed on a steep path that was bordered on both sides by the two sister mountains. Where the path headed downward they could see the faint lights of the city. Looking up they could see the stars in the night sky making their final rounds before sunrise.

Walking the rest of the way on foot, Meagan lead them to a cave opening that seemed to lead to a single pinpoint of light. As they carefully followed the winding cave, they all emerged at a cavern...

Approaching the source of the light, Meagan held out her hand and the light flickered briefly. She then began to sing a song, an ancient song in her native language, her voice clear and a lyrical like a flute.

Once her song was finished, the light grew brighter, surrounding all of them until all went white.

As their sight returned, they found themselves outside again, looking up at the Temple of Iris

The Temple of Iris was a magnificent sight, reminiscent of the Kame temples Asha'rah had trained at in the early days after her reawakening, yet so much grander. Magic seemed to permeate the air, dyeing the landscape in vivid reds, greens and blues. Asha'rah had no memory of this place, but it was easily on the level of a Kami's citadel. If Iris had been involved in the construction of this place, she would have been quite the early star of Creation's Children. Curious how something like this might have the will to call Meagan to it for some ascendance, yet lack the power or resolve to do more than sit here. Did it have legacy spirits of its own?

Asha’rah, something within the temple pings on your perverbial celestial senses.

It seems to not want your attention.
    Asha'rah blinked, then closed her eyes. Something was out there. She quieted outside noise, let wasted thought fall by the weyside, and focused.

Eresh giggles at being put on her shoulders. She plays a bit with the feathers.

“It’s about a lot of stuff and people. A lot of names were added recently after the battle yesterday, but Ionly read the one. I don’t remember most of it, just that sometimes it is important to read. I think the name was...Eva..Evan...Evangeline! Yeah, Evangeline was what it said.”
    It took several seconds for Ishtar to connect the pieces of what was offered- in a childlike way that was surprisingly akin to a riddle- but when they were finally fit together; the truth of things was perhaps far more troubling than the golden-eyed Oni might have wished.

It was not a Grimoire as was previously understood. It was not a thing that held within it magicks to be taught, or long-forgotten histories to be uncovered. No, the words that changed in the book- or perhaps the names that appeared at least- were a listing of those who had died. The girl was also compelled at times to read the names, only remembering bits and pieces at times despite knowing that it was at the least very important to read certain names. And the name that she had been compelled to read- despite the countless Nagadarr that had fallen, and whomever else in the universe at large- was one that Ishtar was intimately familiar with.

"Evangeline ?"

Ishtar stopped moving then.

Names had only been added yesterday, after, the battle. Which meant that for Evangeline's name to be added to the book ...

Oh.

Oh no.

"Eresh ..." The Oni forced out, at least attempting to be sure without a shadow of a doubt what was being offered was what she thought it was. In this she needed to be sure without a shadow of a doubt.

"Has that book ever been wrong ?"

Arx Inosaan

It took several seconds for Ishtar to connect the pieces of what was offered- in a childlike way that was surprisingly akin to a riddle- but when they were finally fit together; the truth of things was perhaps far more troubling than the golden-eyed Oni might have wished.

It was not a Grimoire as was previously understood. It was not a thing that held within it magicks to be taught, or long-forgotten histories to be uncovered. No, the words that changed in the book- or perhaps the names that appeared at least- were a listing of those who had died. The girl was also compelled at times to read the names, only remembering bits and pieces at times despite knowing that it was at the least very important to read certain names. And the name that she had been compelled to read- despite the countless Nagadarr that had fallen, and whomever else in the universe at large- was one that Ishtar was intimately familiar with.

"Evangeline ?"

Ishtar stopped moving then.

Names had only been added yesterday, after, the battle. Which meant that for Evangeline's name to be added to the book ...

Oh.

Oh no.

"Eresh ..." The Oni forced out, at least attempting to be sure without a shadow of a doubt what was being offered was what she thought it was. In this she needed to be sure without a shadow of a doubt.

"Has that book ever been wrong ?"
    Eresh’s voice changes to something deeper and more mature.

“Today, or tomorrow, or another day anon. All things are as written, in time. All pass beyond the coil eventually. Perhaps a warning, Ishtar, of what is to come. A chance to save her. Or it has happened already. Or will happen soon.”

And just as suddenly, the giggling Oni girl is back to her young self, playing with the feathers.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The Temple of Iris was a magnificent sight, reminiscent of the Kame temples Asha'rah had trained at in the early days after her reawakening, yet so much grander. Magic seemed to permeate the air, dyeing the landscape in vivid reds, greens and blues. Asha'rah had no memory of this place, but it was easily on the level of a Kami's citadel. If Iris had been involved in the construction of this place, she would have been quite the early star of Creation's Children. Curious how something like this might have the will to call Meagan to it for some ascendance, yet lack the power or resolve to do more than sit here. Did it have legacy spirits of its own?

Asha'rah blinked, then closed her eyes. Something was out there. She quieted outside noise, let wasted thought fall by the weyside, and focused.
    It hides, terrified almost, of her.

And it hates her.

But Asah’rah can sense it. Having reclaimed some of her old power, the goddess will not be denied.

Do you go to it? It is in a room away from all the others.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eresh’s voice changes to something deeper and more mature.

“Today, or tomorrow, or another day anon. All things are as written, in time. All pass beyond the coil eventually. Perhaps a warning, Ishtar, of what is to come. A chance to save her. Or it has happened already. Or will happen soon.”

And just as suddenly, the giggling Oni girl is back to her young self, playing with the feathers.
    Ishtar knew about time.

How it always lead towards a singular eventuality. That Eresh spoke towards it in vague statements of what was, is, and might be did nothing to ease the worry that the Oni felt in the moment, and in knowing that Evangeline was dead, is dead, could very well be dead soon. Though it did offer a glimmer of hope that it was not the case. And it set a course at least.

"Let us go find our friends then. We need to return to Earth now, not later."

Ishtar made sure Ereshkigal was set tight on her shoulders then, before catching up to the others at the Temple of Iris.

It would not be hard to convince them all, that they needed to leave. Of that much she was sure.

Arx Inosaan