Page 151 of 782 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Slightly earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar offered Sarada a smile, before explaining.

"My gravity spell might prove ... catastrophic in the confines of this craft. Though there is something far more localized I can do." Reaching over and placing a hand on Sarada's shoulder, the Oni then flashed a smile and offered a whispering, "Dar-Tanu".

Struggle as Sarada might, then, she would find herself bound and unable to move. "I have little doubt it will hold you for long," Ishtar said then, "yet attempting to out-muscle my binding spell, while I attempt to keep you bound ... should offer some measure of training; until such a time as Nevanlinna decides to allow us entry into Vaikuntha."

In essence, it was little more than a tug of war. Though inatsad of rope, it was a spell that had been used to bind Evangeline some months ago, made stronger by Ishtar.

The golden-eyed Oni's eyes twinkled briefly as she smiled at Sarada, then.

"So what do you say ?"
    "Nnnnng… what the?"

Sarada struggled mightily, exerting an extreme amount of effort, only to fail in moving even a single inch. It was incredible, and it was just what she needed to get some training in without wrecking the entire ship.

"Heh. You're truly full of surprises. This will work perfectly."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "One Jagam versus all of us combined, I'd say the odds are pretty even." Meagan spoke up from her seat, not sounding all that concerned.
    "Unfortunately that is not how it works. We are all well below him, should he be as strong as is feared; it will make little difference how many of us their are."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Suicide or not, we don't have a choice. If we don't find some way to kill Jagam, he's going to kill my entire race!" After her outburst, she grew quiet. She frowned sadly. "We've done a lot of terrible things over the last half millennium, but we deserve a chance to make up for it. My little brother and cousin deserve a chance to grow up and change the universe's perception of Saiyans. If giving them that chance means dying, then so be it!"
    With Sarada's outburst still hanging in the air, Ishtar slows her bouncing of Ereshkigal and lets slip a sigh. The Saiyan had good reason for wishing to see Jagam stopped. Should he not be, the Saiyans would cease to exist, in all likelyhood; and would do so just as they are beginning to make amends for their former ways.

A pity. A shame.

Yet the others had raised valid concern over this. Worry that such would be a suicide mission for some, or worse. In the end though it mattered little, if nothing was done now; it would come back to them all later. And despite herself, the golden-eyed Oni had a responsibility in many ways to see this matter settled. Though it was more than that ...

"I already promised to assist Sarada, in stopping Jagam. Refusing now would be akin to lying." Ishtar commented finally, and somewhat softly.

"So regardless of the outcome, should Jagam be the looming specter of the downfall of Earth, and the coming- or already come to pass--death of, Evangeline; suicide mission or not I fail to uphold my promise."

The Oni began bouncing Ereshkigal then, more absent-mindedly than with definite purpose. "We have some time yet before a decision is made however ... I do not think anyone would hold it against you, should you opt out."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"One Jagam versus all of us combined, I'd say the odds are pretty even." Meagan spoke up from her seat, not sounding all that concerned.
    "Unfortunately that is not how it works. We are all well below him, should he be as strong as is feared; it will make little difference how many of us their are."
    "Our links to each other are strong, but you know what they say about chains -- they're only as as strong as their weakest link. If one of us goes down, the rest of the group is in jeopardy. And that's too much of a burden already if he dwarfs all of us that badly."

"Suicide or not, we don't have a choice. If we don't find some way to kill Jagam, he's going to kill my entire race!" After her outburst, she grew quiet. She frowned sadly. "We've done a lot of terrible things over the last half millennium, but we deserve a chance to make up for it. My little brother and cousin deserve a chance to grow up and change the universe's perception of Saiyans. If giving them that chance means dying, then so be it!"
    The outburst is enough to put Zaofan in his place. Looking to the side, taking a deep breath, and then looking back at Sarada, he grits his teeth before pressing his lips into each other, his brow furrowed as he nods.

"You're... you're right, of course. I'm sorry for panicking, but we've had a lot -- A LOT -- of close calls since we came together as a group. Each and every single one of us. But risk is part of the job, and ... we really are in the business of liberation."

]With Sarada's outburst still hanging in the air, Ishtar slows her bouncing of Ereshkigal and lets slip a sigh. The Saiyan had good reason for wishing to see Jagam stopped. Should he not be, the Saiyans would cease to exist, in all likelyhood; and would do so just as they are beginning to make amends for their former ways.

A pity. A shame.

Yet the others had raised valid concern over this. Worry that such would be a suicide mission for some, or worse. In the end though it mattered little, if nothing was done now; it would come back to them all later. And despite herself, the golden-eyed Oni had a responsibility in many ways to see this matter settled. Though it was more than that ...

"I already promised to assist Sarada, in stopping Jagam. Refusing now would be akin to lying." Ishtar commented finally, and somewhat softly.

"So regardless of the outcome, should Jagam be the looming specter of the downfall of Earth, and the coming- or already come to pass--death of, Evangeline; suicide mission or not I fail to uphold my promise."
    Taking a moment, Zaofan rises his hand in a flash of frustration at Ishtar's words, and, for a brief second without knowing what to do with his hand, he decides to place it on Sarada's shoulder for silent reassurance and commitment. A hand of concern, of friendship, of a heavy heart.

The Oni began bouncing Ereshkigal then, more absent-mindedly than with definite purpose. "We have some time yet before a decision is made however ... I do not think anyone would hold it against you, should you opt out."
    A brief sigh is all Zaofan needs to get himself refocused. "I concur. I should reiterate. We're here. Sarada, you're a friend. I'll help how ever I can. Just as how you'll fight for a people, my job is to make sure no one has to embark on that fight alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "The outburst is enough to put Zaofan in his place. Looking to the side, taking a deep breath, and then looking back at Sarada, he grits his teeth before pressing his lips into each other, his brow furrowed as he nods.

"You're... you're right, of course. I'm sorry for panicking, but we've had a lot -- A LOT -- of close calls since we came together as a group. Each and every single one of us. But risk is part of the job, and ... we really are in the business of liberation."

Taking a moment, Zaofan rises his hand in a flash of frustration at Ishtar's words, and, for a brief second without knowing what to do with his hand, he decides to place it on Sarada's shoulder for silent reassurance and commitment. A hand of concern, of friendship, of a heavy heart.

A brief sigh is all Zaofan needs to get himself refocused. "I concur. I should reiterate. We're here. Sarada, you're a friend. I'll help how ever I can. Just as how you'll fight for a people, my job is to make sure no one has to embark on that fight alone."
    Ishtar confirmed her assistance against Jagam, as Sarada knew she would. It did little to assuage the feeling of unease she felt at facing Jagam so soon.

Zaofan changed his tune after her outburst and pledged his commitment, also, in the form of a firm hand of comfort and friendship.

She breathed in deeply, then nodded. "Thanks, guys."

It didn't matter how many of the others pledged their involvement in the upcoming battle. As long as some of them stood by her, then they had a chance. A chance was all they were going to need.

"All we need is a day in the Room of Time and Spirits. You know, the one Eva spoke of that will let us train for an entire year in just one day. If we can have that, between all of us, Jagam won't stand a chance."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ishtar confirmed her assistance against Jagam, as Sarada knew she would. It did little to assuage the feeling of unease she felt at facing Jagam so soon.

Zaofan changed his tune after her outburst and pledged his commitment, also, in the form of a firm hand of comfort and friendship.

It didn't matter how many of the others pledged their involvement in the upcoming battle. As long as some of them stood by her, then they had a chance. A chance was all they were going to need.

"All we need is a day in the Room of Time and Spirits. You know, the one Eva spoke of that will let us train for an entire year in just one day. If we can have that, between all of us, Jagam won't stand a chance."
    Looking up at Sarada with concern, "Assuming that nothing has happened to Eva and the Lookout." Meagan shook her head slightly, sadly, then leaned back.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Looking up at Sarada with concern, "Assuming that nothing has happened to Eva and the Lookout." Meagan shook her head slightly, sadly, then leaned back.
    "Well, yeah, I know. I just want to be prepared," Sarada answered curtly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Well, yeah, I know. I just want to be prepared," Sarada answered curtly.
    "It's just a feeling, not so much words, that I got after speaking with Lady Iris. I hope my feeling is wrong."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"That's what I hope. I want him to come to Earth, or somewhere else. As long as he's away from Vocado and the colonies."

Sarada sighed heavily.

"As for beating him, we get stronger and figure out how to nullify ki. It's the only way."
    I'd say both of those things are easier said than done!" P-Sta stated, his tone slightly more panic stricken. "What Ishtar said is correct, even with numbers, if we face a power of that magnitude..." P-Sta shook his head. "I'm not certain our numbers will be enough! As far as training goes...who knows how long it will take to reach this Jagam's level? If he's as strong as you say the longer we take to get stronger the more lives are put in danger..."

This man killed fifty Saiyans already...it would not take much for him to harm the populations of the planets with a lesser general power levels.

P-Sta clapped triumphantly. "Well said, Sarada! If you don't mind...however," P-Sta began/ "I have a few more questions regarding this Jagam character...You mentioned he was a half-saiyan? What other race does he hail from? One with a vendetta against Saiyans for crimes past, perhaps?"

"A day in the what now?" P-Sta asked, not quite knowing what this Room was. "I'm not certain what it is, but if you believe it can properly prepare us..." The officer shrugged. "Then I'll trust you on this one!"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jack nods.

“I won’t back down from the fight. I promised I’d help too, space-girl.”

Chuan nods, as does Slak, though slower. Not reluctantly, but more so with a mind towards so much fighting left still.

Ochazuke nods silently.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"It's just a feeling, not so much words, that I got after speaking with Lady Iris. I hope my feeling is wrong."
    Sarada sighed. "We know something bad will happen or has already happened to her. The little Oni with Ishtar foresaw it... somehow. I'm not really sure what her deal is." Not that it mattered. If there was even a chance of Eva being killed, they needed to address it as soon as possible.

She tapped her chin in thought.

"I wonder if it has anything to do with that parasite we fought on the Lookout. Wasn't it also gray?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I'd say both of those things are easier said than done!" P-Sta stated, his tone slightly more panic stricken. "What Ishtar said is correct, even with numbers, if we face a power of that magnitude..." P-Sta shook his head. "I'm not certain our numbers will be enough! As far as training goes...who knows how long it will take to reach this Jagam's level? If he's as strong as you say the longer we take to get stronger the more lives are put in danger..."

This man killed fifty Saiyans already...it would not take much for him to harm the populations of the planets with a lesser general power levels.
    "What else are we to do? I don't care how high the odds would be against us, it needs to be done." They had face impossible odds before, against Battersea and Willa, 'Fife' and his agents, against their own personal demons. They had triumphed over them all and became so much stronger because of it. This was just another item on the list of enemies who far outclassed them.

And the result would be the same.

"I won't rest until he's dead. I can't. I have too many people depending on me."

P-Sta clapped triumphantly. "Well said, Sarada! If you don't mind...however," P-Sta began/ "I have a few more questions regarding this Jagam character...You mentioned he was a half-saiyan? What other race does he hail from? One with a vendetta against Saiyans for crimes past, perhaps?"
    She shrugged. "I don't know much about him. Matter of fact, I didn't even know his name until a few months ago. Up until then, Saiyans referred to him as Naito Rukkā, which means night stalker. All I know about him is that he is half-Saiyan and has killed over 50 Saiyans." She shrugged again. "I wouldn't be surprise if the other half hated us. Everyone does."

"A day in the what now?" P-Sta asked, not quite knowing what this Room was. "I'm not certain what it is, but if you believe it can properly prepare us..." The officer shrugged. "Then I'll trust you on this one!"
    "Eva told us about it months ago. She said that one year in that room passes by at the same rate as one day does out here. It's perfect for gaining a lot of power in a short period of time."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

As Ishtar bounces Ereshkigal, the young Oni smiles slightly. Her eyes faintly glow, her hands running intricate circles over the closed book she holds.

She hums, singing quietly that only those close can hear her. It is an old song, older than Earth. Older than Saiyans and Namekians. Older than sun and sky even.

It is a beautiful dirge in a language not spoken in a long time. One only Asha’rah would recognize.

Adam and Jinzi will feel the ship move faster somehow. Even faster than Adam’s reactor boost had it going.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

It is a flickering hope, but still hope, Ishtar reasoned; as Sarada explained what the plan was. Though to say that the Oni held no doubts would be untrue.

Jagam could very well not care to give the Saiyans time to challenge him. Or, even worse ... he might simply kill those non-Saiyans to prevent a threat beyond the one's he sought. There was also the matter of whether or not he had ruined the only chance they had at challenging him- this Room of Spirit and Time- before they arrived, shutting down what hope they had before they had even made landfall. Or whether or not there was even an Earth to return to. To say nothing of the fact that their course was now set, and while changes to the Fate to come were unlikely; perhaps there was at least some measure of wiggle room.

Though ...

"At this point, much of what already is, is a thing unknown to us. So planning for what we do not know, avails us naught." Ishtar offered, somewhat flatly.

"I suggest focusing on rest, and what training can be managed until we approach our destination."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post

"You do not wear your fear well, Officer." Ishtar commented, carefully,as she gave the frightened P-Sta a curious glance. "Perhaps focusing on the laws you swore to uphold will steady your nerves."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As Ishtar bounces Ereshkigal, the young Oni smiles slightly. Her eyes faintly glow, her hands running intricate circles over the closed book she holds.

She hums, singing quietly that only those close can hear her. It is an old song, older than Earth. Older than Saiyans and Namekians. Older than sun and sky even.

It is a beautiful dirge in a language not spoken in a long time. One only Asha’rah would recognize.

Adam and Jinzi will feel the ship move faster somehow. Even faster than Adam’s reactor boost had it going.
    Ceasing her bouncing of Eresh out of surprise, Ishtar simply holds the young Oni while she sings, chuckling softly to herself even as she feels the craft they all huddled inside increase in speed beyond what was thought possible.

"Still many surprises yet, it would seem ... Ereshkigal."

Turning toward the front of the craft as the young Oni continues to sing, Ishtar finds herself asking Jinzi,

"At this rate, how long until we have entered the the solar system of Earth ?"

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jack nods.

“I won’t back down from the fight. I promised I’d help too, space-girl.”

Chuan nods, as does Slak, though slower. Not reluctantly, but more so with a mind towards so much fighting left still.

Ochazuke nods silently.
    Hearing Jack pledge his support -- and actually say something to her, honestly -- brought a small smile to Sarada's face. "Thanks, Earthman."

As great as it was talking to him again, she couldn't stop reminding herself of how she fucked him over. He was probably confused about where they stood, and why she showed interest in mating with him, only to do it a few times then immediately move on to Ishtar. She wasn't sure exactly how mating practices and relationships worked on Earth, but according to Maiz, they started pretty early in life.

As confused as she was about how they did things on Earth, she was certain he was just as confused about how they did it on Vocado. They were both confused and never bothered to take the time to bring the other up to speed. She felt horrible about that.

She wanted to make it up to him, but now wasn't the right time.

She wanted to say more, but everything she could think of wasn't right, given the current mood. So, she just left it at an awkward 'thanks Earthman'.

Damn it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"What else are we to do? I don't care how high the odds would be against us, it needs to be done." They had face impossible odds before, against Battersea and Willa, 'Fife' and his agents, against their own personal demons. They had triumphed over them all and became so much stronger because of it. This was just another item on the list of enemies who far outclassed them.

And the result would be the same.

"I won't rest until he's dead. I can't. I have too many people depending on me."

She shrugged. "I don't know much about him. Matter of fact, I didn't even know his name until a few months ago. Up until then, Saiyans referred to him as Naito Rukkā, which means night stalker. All I know about him is that he is half-Saiyan and has killed over 50 Saiyans." She shrugged again. "I wouldn't be surprise if the other half hated us. Everyone does."

"Eva told us about it months ago. She said that one year in that room passes by at the same rate as one day does out here. It's perfect for gaining a lot of power in a short period of time."
    P-Sta listened to each of Sarada's answers and nodded with a sigh. "Understood. I wasn't trying to change your mind or anything like that, after all but with so little information I just want to make sure we know what we're getting into. If need be, I can ask the GP to send a contingent to Earth. Either way they need to be made aware of this...Jagam."