Page 174 of 782 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    As he reached the exterior of the lookout, he witnessed Sarada dropping... Sasheem (!?) off the edge o the look out. The heck? What was that weird toilet monster doing back? Well, okay, it seemed to be missing the toilet now, but... seriously, why had it returned? Ah... whatever.

He approached Sarada. "...I see the toilet-monster's back for some reason. Wonderful." He didn't bother to hide the sarcasm in his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "If you were truly free, you wouldn't be back here, now would you, Majin?" Meagan took a step forward, "You betrayed Lady Evangeline's trust in you, now you come crawling back. So, what is it? Why did you return?"
    Sasheem blinked. Lady Evangeline? That was....Kami? He thought so anyway, from what he remembered. Instead of answering Meagan, Sasheem decided to approach her and tugged at her arm, before pointing to Totoma. "Monkey," he pointed out idly, acting as if she hadn't noticed Totoma approach or seen him before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sasheem unfortunately managed to fly back to the Lookout shortly after Sarada tossed him off. Great. I was hoping he had forgotten how to fly after all this time. And, of course, he was pissed at having been tossed over the edge.

Understandable, but Sarada wasn't in the mood for any of his nonsense.

"Yay," she replied to his declaration, deadpan. "I am overwhelmed with joy."

"Yes," she answered Totoma when he approached them, "is it not the most amazing, most wonderful thing you have ever witnessed in your life. Sasheem is back, and my life is now complete."

Ah, but she then realized that he had made a critical error in his assessment of the situation. "You're also mistaken. He's not a toilet monster anymore. For you see, so absolute fucking asshole let him out of his toilet trap, so now he's free to do whatever the fuck he wants because fuck the safety and sanctity of the universe, right?"
    He tugged at Meagan's arm yet again, this time pointing at Sarada and stating, "Monkey," before glancing up at Meagan again as if expecting some sort of response.

Sasheem unfortunately managed to fly back to the Lookout shortly after Sarada tossed him off. Great. I was hoping he had forgotten how to fly after all this time. And, of course, he was pissed at having been tossed over the edge.

"Yes," she answered Totoma when he approached them, "is it not the most amazing, most wonderful thing you have ever witnessed in your life. Sasheem is back, and my life is now complete."

Ah, but she then realized that he had made a critical error in his assessment of the situation. "You're also mistaken. He's not a toilet monster anymore. For you see, so absolute fucking asshole let him out of his toilet trap, so now he's free to do whatever the fuck he wants because fuck the safety and sanctity of the universe, right?"
    "He may not be a toilet monster anymore, but he's still a piece of...." Meagan thought better of finishing her thought, her harshness was only magnified by what happens yesterday. With a sigh, she held her tongue and wondered what were they going to do with him? Her hand to her face in frustration, until she felt something tugging at her....
    Last edited by Tami; 07-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem blinked. Lady Evangeline? That was....Kami? He thought so anyway, from what he remembered. Instead of answering Meagan, Sasheem decided to approach her and tugged at her arm, before pointing to Totoma. "Monkey," he pointed out idly, acting as if she hadn't noticed Totoma approach or seen him before.

He tugged at Meagan's arm yet again, this time pointing at Sarada and stating, "Monkey," before glancing up at Meagan again as if expecting some sort of response.
    "No, not monkeys, Sayians. What about them?"

Parsley raised an eyebrow. Was the gap between their strength really that great that Ishtar could say with absolute certain that Sarada would have killed her? Had her sister really grown that powerful in just a few short months?

She could feel her eyebrow twitching. It seems I have a lot of work to do if I'm to reclaim my spot atop our family. This would not do. No, no. This would no do at all. Parsley could accept that she wasn't the strongest Saiyan. After all, in a world where the likes of Mato, Toma, Tasure, and apparently her mutt son existed, the odds of Parsley growing in strength to surpass them all was slim. Those odds grew exponential in the last few months, but to learn that Sarada was that much stronger than her...

No. Absolutely not. Training would commence immediately, and would not cease until Parsley was standing tall above Sarada, looking down on her and her paltry power. Yes, Parsley would surpass her sister if it was the last thing she did.

"Well. A good thing I had no reason to lie, now isn't it?" Before she could say more, Ishtar suddenly paused their conversation to... stare into open space for a few moments?
    Ishtar noticed the eyebrow twitch, but chose not to say, even as she continued to wait for Sarada's response.

It was a curious thing that twitch, however. Sarada did a rather good job of suppressing such things, choosing to even keep her tail wrapped firmly around her waist most of the time to even prevent the thought that she might be expressing something emotionally. It was a thing Ishtar herself had to get used to, even attached as they were with Aka Manah. That Parsley was unable to resist such a thing herself either meant her composure was lesser ... or whatever it was the Oni had said, was a serious trigger.

Hm.

Before the golden-eyed Oni could say anything however, Sarada- her love- responded.

Tch. So, Parsley was there. And she intended on training with them. Goddamn it. Sarada was hoping she would be too proud to accept so she could have an excuse to mock her relentlessly once she killed Jagam. Alas, that opportunity was now lost on her.

'Fine. As long as she stays the hell out of my way, I don't care. I'll see you shortly.'
    Permission had been granted.

Ishtar offered a small smile- to Sarada, Parsley, the thin air perhaps ?- before allowing the connection to fade then, only choosing to add a simple two sentences. 'More sparring partners is always a good thing. Especially when you feel less inclined to limit yourself, love.'

Turning her attention full toward Parsley then, the younger Saiyan would feel- and see- Ishtar's PL spike as she began generating a sizeable charge ... though the purpose was unknown, and she certainly wasn't posturing with ill-intent.

"Telepathy, hm?" Parsley had heard of such exotic abilities before. Well out of the capacity of the Saiyan race to so much as learn, let alone master, it had to do with connecting one's mind to that of another for nonverbal communication, sometimes across great distances. This Ishtar woman was a delightful mystery indeed. "I see. Assuming all is well, we should be going. I would like to get started as soon as possible."
    "Telepathy, yes. You will find, in time perhaps, I am a great deal different than anything- or anyone- you have ever met." Ishtar commented somewhat distracted, as she focused on locating the Lookout.

"In any case, I have permission for you to train with us. So it is as you say, we should be going. Hold on, now."

Before Parsley could say or do anything else however, Ishtar's stepped in and grabbed hold of the younger Saiyan, only for both to disappear in a flash of blue. After all, in the end, the charge the Oni generated, was enough for two.

Sarada sighed again and walked toward the sleeping Majin. "Might as well make the little shit stain more comfortable." A soft smile touched her lips as she watched the unbound creature snore softly in his slumber. Gently, she picked him up and carried him in her arms...

...to the edge of the Lookout, where she promptly tossed him over.
    Ishtar appeared alongside Parsley about the time Sarada tossed Sasheem from the Lookout's surface, and the first words out of the Oni's mouth were simply:

"Deep breaths now, Parsley."

Depositing the Saiyan beside her then, as the girl returned to her normal composition then, the golden-eyed Oni scanned the Lookout briefly before setting eyes on Sarada. The girl looked rough, face bruised and cut ... dried blood trailing from her ears, and on the front of her armor ... though she seemed to be wearing a jacket that was too large for her.

Jack's no doubt.

... I see.

In any event, her love was well, and while the Oni would certainly tend to those wounds after a moment, it was enough to know that Sarada would be okay. Perhaps not now- the wounds of the day previous far too fresh- but in time. Lifting her hand in a wave then, Ishtar offered her lover a smile.

"Hey there ... Sarada."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

"ZZZzzzzz" Sasheem snored loudly, sound asleep. "ZZZZzzz-eh?" he questioned. The Majin looked around, irritated. Huh...air pressure had sure picked up around the...Lookout? Where the hell was the lookout?! "Ipaaaazeeeeeeeee!" Sasheem screeched as he suddenly flew back up towards the lookout. Who did it, who was it?! The Majin knew who it was before he had seen her. It was definitely her energy...The monkey. The girl monkey.

She never did like him. Her and the annoying earthling. But here she was, looking as smug as ever. And with her was another of the ones he didn't like...well, one of the ones he especially didn't like! She seemed to think she always knew better. Better than Sasheem even! The Majin would show them both a lesson now if he didn't need their help.

"Mon...key...Ear! Ear!" Sasheem greeted the both of them, his expression an irritated scowl. "Me free!" he stated too her, figuring they weren't smart enough to notice.
    "Ah Meagan, Whats going on over here.....I felt a weird power while looking for Zaofan and..." Etrina started as she took in the situation upon her arrival, only to stop mid sentence upon spotting to topic of interest. The look on her face that came immediately after finding Sasheem was akin to one finding a hot steamy pile of maggot ridden shit.

Without so much as another word she turned around and began to march away.

"No, not monkeys, Sayians. What about them?"
    "..." Sasheem responded. Apparently deciding to change the subject he instead inquired, "Where...Kami?" This was the most important question...the key to his plight might be solved if she was around, but...he couldn't sense her at all! She actually left this place!? And while he's at it...SAsheem figured he might as well ask about the others. "Where...pizza? Where Dodonpa? Where...Shit? Where...green? Where...stoo-pid human?" Sasheem asked, interrogating Meagan on the whereabouts of various members of the group he was once a part of.

"...hm, well, look on the bright side," said Totoma, crossing his arms. "Might be useful against Jagam, considering all the tricky, er, tricks he has. And he's pretty hard to kill, too, from what I remember."

And there was the slim, slim possibility Sasheem had turned over a new leaf in the past six months, but, frankly... he doubted it. The thing clearly had some level of thinking ability, but it didn't seem to care about anything except food, freedom, and... fun. Didn't really have the intelligence to do a moral 180.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 07-14-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"..." Sasheem responded. Apparently deciding to change the subject he instead inquired, "Where...Kami?" This was the most important question...the key to his plight might be solved if she was around, but...he couldn't sense her at all! She actually left this place!? And while he's at it...SAsheem figured he might as well ask about the others. "Where...pizza? Where Dodonpa? Where...Shit? Where...green? Where...stoo-pid human?" Sasheem asked, interrogating Meagan on the whereabouts of various members of the group he was once a part of.
    "Kami, Lady Evangeline is gone. She passed away yesterday. Kai is now the new Guardian, the new Kami." Meagan's face was hard as she kept her emotions in check.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...hm, well, look on the bright side," said Totoma, crossing his arms. "Might be useful against Jagam, considering all the tricky, er, tricks he has. And he's pretty hard to kill, too, from what I remember."

And there was the slim, slim possibility Sasheem had turned over a new leaf in the past six months, but, frankly... he doubted it. The thing clearly had some level of thinking ability, but it didn't seem to care about anything except food, freedom, and... fun. Didn't really have the intelligence to do a moral 180.
    Yes. She hadn't considered his usefulness in the fight with Jagam. She indirectly asked her hated sister for help, so surely Sarada could muster up the stomach to ask Sasheem to help as well. Surely she didn't hate him more than her sister.

There was something inherently backwards about that implication, but Sarada was in a pretty fucking backwards situation so she just let it slide. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Any chance we can just bribe him with pizz--"

Wait! That reminded her that she hadn't had any pizza since Zaofan first made it so many months ago. How could she possibly have suffered an oversight of this magnitude in silent ignorance for this long?

"You know, on second thought, we better think of something else."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Kami, Lady Evangeline is gone. She passed away yesterday. Kai is now the new Guardian, the new Kami." Meagan's face was hard as she kept her emotions in check.
    Sasheem, however, could barely keep the emotion he felt at this news in check. Sure, Kami was his best hope at restoring his power back to it's former level, but he couldn't help but find amusement in the fact that the one who lorded over him so much that she would never let him free to do what he pleased was now gone. Not just amusement but hilarity.

"DOHO! AHAHA!" Sasheem fell to the ground, howling in laughter. "Kami bye! Kami die! OHOHO AHAHAH!" Sasheem guffawed. "Bahgooo! Heheheh!" the Majin continued to chuckle before he inquired suddenly. "How die?"

He hoped it was in a big kaboom at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Permission had been granted.

Ishtar offered a small smile- to Sarada, Parsley, the thin air perhaps ?- before allowing the connection to fade then, only choosing to add a simple two sentences. 'More sparring partners is always a good thing. Especially when you feel less inclined to limit yourself, love.'

Turning her attention full toward Parsley then, the younger Saiyan would feel- and see- Ishtar's PL spike as she began generating a sizeable charge ... though the purpose was unknown, and she certainly wasn't posturing with ill-intent.

"Telepathy, yes. You will find, in time perhaps, I am a great deal different than anything- or anyone- you have ever met." Ishtar commented somewhat distracted, as she focused on locating the Lookout.

"In any case, I have permission for you to train with us. So it is as you say, we should be going. Hold on, now."

Before Parsley could say or do anything else however, Ishtar's stepped in and grabbed hold of the younger Saiyan, only for both to disappear in a flash of blue. After all, in the end, the charge the Oni generated, was enough for two.

Ishtar appeared alongside Parsley about the time Sarada tossed Sasheem from the Lookout's surface, and the first words out of the Oni's mouth were simply:

"Deep breaths now, Parsley."

Depositing the Saiyan beside her then, as the girl returned to her normal composition then, the golden-eyed Oni scanned the Lookout briefly before setting eyes on Sarada. The girl looked rough, face bruised and cut ... dried blood trailing from her ears, and on the front of her armor ... though she seemed to be wearing a jacket that was too large for her.

Jack's no doubt.

... I see.

In any event, her love was well, and while the Oni would certainly tend to those wounds after a moment, it was enough to know that Sarada would be okay. Perhaps not now- the wounds of the day previous far too fresh- but in time. Lifting her hand in a wave then, Ishtar offered her lover a smile.

"Hey there ... Sarada."
    Hm.

This was strange. Ishtar's power was starting to spike for some reason. There weren't any enemies around that Parsley could sense, and Ishtar herself didn't put out any vibes that would label her as one at the moment. "I don't doubt it," she responded, somewhat absently. "I don't even know what matter of... being you are, much less anything else. All in do time, I suppose."

The next moment was an... interesting one. Ishtar requested that she grab hold of her, then proceeded to grab Parsley herself. Then, in a flash of blue light that she was wholly unprepared for, they suddenly were atop a floating... island of sorts.

The entire experienced lapsed only a few seconds -- if that -- and yet Parsley felt as if her stomach was trying to crawl out of her body through her throat. It took every ounce of willpower she had to keep from vomiting over the edge, and that was mostly because 1) there were people there that would've seen her spewing her breakfast all over the ground below, and 2) she was afraid she would fall off.

"Deep breaths, Parsley," Ishtar commanded lightly. Yes. Yes, deep breaths. She must remember to breath.

She sucked in gratuitous amounts of air to calm her heart, her nerves, and her stomach all at the same time. This was her first time meeting these people. She would not have their first impression of her be one of her shakily collapsing on this tile floor like some scared child!

"...thank you, Ishtar. I believe I will never be doing that again, if that's alright with you."

Sufficiently calm, Parsley ran a hand through her hair and scanned this place. It was indeed a floating island of sorts, hovering who knew how many miles above the ground. It appeared to be well-constructed and maintained, outside of a few scuff marks and the obvious signs of battle that took place here recently. Perhaps the day before. Perhaps this was the battlefield on which Jack drew his last breath.

Maybe so.

These people were an assorted bunch. A Chromakai girl, likely no older than she herself. A Saiyan boy, also around the same age. He looked familiar, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Some kind of... blue fish creature of so sort. It seemed to be irritating the others, so...

Hm.

Ah, and there she was, her 'beloved' sister. Wearing a jacket that she hadn't been wearing yesterday. It was several sizes too large, so it wasn't hers.

Hm.

Sarada turned and looked at her sister.

Whatever greeting Parsley may have had died as she smiled coyly and returned the look with one of her own.

"Hey, Ishtar," Sarada greeted once she peeled her gaze from her sister. Just looking at that bitch raised Sarada's hackles worse than any other. Only Sasheem could get a rise out of her more easily. "You look a lot better than I do right now."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sasheem, however, could barely keep the emotion he felt at this news in check. Sure, Kami was his best hope at restoring his power back to it's former level, but he couldn't help but find amusement in the fact that the one who lorded over him so much that she would never let him free to do what he pleased was now gone. Not just amusement but hilarity.

"DOHO! AHAHA!" Sasheem fell to the ground, howling in laughter. "Kami bye! Kami die! OHOHO AHAHAH!" Sasheem guffawed. "Bahgooo! Heheheh!" the Majin continued to chuckle before he inquired suddenly. "How die?"

He hoped it was in a big kaboom at the very least.
    It was well known that there wasn't an empathetic bone in Sasheem's entire hateful, spiteful body. It was well known that he derived maximum pleasure and enjoyment from the suffering of others. The worst the suffering, the more amused he became. He killed because it was fun, or worse, because he was bored. This was a creature who didn't know tact.

Despite knowing all of that, this... this triggered Sarada bad. Laughing because Eva was dead?

"Shut your goddamn mouth, Sasheem!" she roared in fury. "She was the one who gave you one of the keys to your freedom, and this is how you act?! Laughing at hearing of her death, you unfathomable piece of shit!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It was well known that there wasn't an empathetic bone in Sasheem's entire hateful, spiteful body. It was well known that he derived maximum pleasure and enjoyment from the suffering of others. The worst the suffering, the more amused he became. He killed because it was fun, or worse, because he was bored. This was a creature who didn't know tact.

Despite knowing all of that, this... this triggered Sarada bad. Laughing because Eva was dead?

"Shut your goddamn mouth, Sasheem!" she roared in fury. "She was the one who gave you one of the keys to your freedom, and this is how you act?! Laughing at hearing of her death, you unfathomable piece of shit!"
    At Sarada's apparent anger in this, the Majin couldn't help but fall back into more laughter, his limbs smacking onto the floor. "BWAHAHAHA!" the small creature chuckled. "No Kami! No Kami!" No wonder he couldn't sense her at all, while the others were all around somewhere. Come to think of it...he couldn't sense...all of the others. Sasheem stopped laughing abruptly.

Sitting up, he glanced up at Sarada. "Monkey..." he began slowly. "Where stoo-pid?" he asked. She had to know who that was. From what Sasheem remembered he'd be right there with her getting all irritated at him for no real reason.

Incredible Member

"Don't. He's not worth it."

Chuan shook his head, a grave look on his face as he glared at the guffawing gremlin. At first, he had tried to deny his feelings. Perhaps it was the Majin's behaviour that was the problem, or the way he treated Meagan. In the end, he understood the plain and simple truth: There wasn't really a particular reason, he just hated Sasheem from the first moment they met. Now, after all they've seen and done, the healer felt completely justified. Any lingering regrets over his initial reaction had faded.

It was nice in a way. He could be absolutely certain about something in life, even when everything else was fleeting and liable to change.

At Sarada's apparent anger in this, the Majin couldn't help but fall back into more laughter, his limbs smacking onto the floor. "BWAHAHAHA!" the small creature chuckled. "No Kami! No Kami!" No wonder he couldn't sense her at all, while the others were all around somewhere. Come to think of it...he couldn't sense...all of the others. Sasheem stopped laughing abruptly.

Sitting up, he glanced up at Sarada. "Monkey..." he began slowly. "Where stoo-pid?" he asked. She had to know who that was. From what Sasheem remembered he'd be right there with her getting all irritated at him for no real reason.
    Sarada could feel herself getting angrier and angrier by the second. Knowing that her anger only fueled his amusement only served to make her even angier, which in turn would cause Sasheem to laugh even harder.

It was a vicious cycle.

Wait, while was stupid supposed to…

Process of elimination narrowed it down to one person. She wasn't trying to snap. She was in the mood to fight one of her own "teammates", so she decided to just lie.

"He's at home, resting. He has no time for your bullshit, so just leave him alone."

Good. She said it easily enough and without her voice giving her away once. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Don't. He's not worth it."

Chuan shook his head, a grave look on his face as he glared at the guffawing gremlin. At first, he had tried to deny his feelings. Perhaps it was the Majin's behaviour that was the problem, or the way he treated Meagan. In the end, he understood the plain and simple truth: There wasn't really a particular reason, he just hated Sasheem from the first moment they met. Now, after all they've seen and done, the healer felt completely justified. Any lingering regrets over his initial reaction had faded.

It was nice in a way. He could be absolutely certain about something in life, even when everything else was fleeting and liable to change.
    Even someone like Chuan, who genuinely tried to get along with everyone, hated Sasheem. That was saying a lot. "I'll try to keep calm."

Parsley watched the exchange between her sister and the… creature named Sasheem with vested interest. She had no interest in trying to come to anything resembling an understanding or agreement with the thing. In fact, she was liable to just ignore him and hope he went away.

No, this exchange intrigued her for another reason. Whoever Eva was was someone that Sarada was quite close to, given her fury at the creature's crass enjoyment over her death. Parsley didn't know what a 'kami' was, but it must have been important if these people had come to respect the woman holding that title.

Perhaps she was the queen of this world. Yes, that must have been it.

"Hm."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 07-14-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!