Page 178 of 782 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat still climb up this tower looks down saying " hmm this would be a lot easier if I could fly." " Never learn how to do that." " never thought I need to learn it." " I have a great horizontal leap."

" my main mode of transportation is either hopping or jumping to where I want to go." " never thought I see the day where my main mode of transportation would be a option." " well it's a good thing I can cling walls, because that is a long way down." " well better get back to climbing.

Praxat continues her climb up said tower saying " wow the scenery is certainly beautiful from up here." " my big round bulging eyes give me a great view." " too bad I can't move them." " okay it's not to bad at least my eyes give me 360 degree vision."

" well almost I can't actually see behind me." " I don't actually have want they call a neck like earthlings do." " well I do but it's not like those of the earthlings." " I'm basically nearsighted so I can only see well at a distance ."

" one neat thing about my eyes is that if they ever get damage I can regenerate them." " my eyes are sensitive to movement so I can naturally see fast moving objects with out the use of Ki." " I can pretty much detect the slightest of movement. " I have excellent night vision , and I can detect the color blue far better than a earthling can."

" as well as detect colors in very low light environments. " " I have two transparent eyelids." " they're great for protect my eyes under water and keeping them moist on land." " okay I guess that's enough talking to my self."

" still who the hell builds a tower out in the middle of nowhere?" " and who in the hell would make one this ridiculously high?" " well who ever did it must be a masochist."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan gives him a quick, excited, happy kiss, "Looks like I need to do some shopping." She lifts up into the air, "I'll be back as soon as I can." with that she blasts off, heading towards the nearest Major City.
    After several hours of shopping, Meagan flies back from the City and heads towards the Lookout. As she does, she passes over a Tower and saw what looked like a humanoid frog sitting on top.

Out of curiosity, she altered her trajectory slightly and flew in closer to see who it is and why they are on the Tower. Hovering next to her, she called out, "Excuse me, are you okay? Do you need help?"
    Last edited by Tami; 07-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

As Meagan flew towards the City, she passed over a Tower and saw what looked like a humanoid frog sitting on top.

Out of curiosity, she altered her trajectory slightly and flew in closer to see who it is and why they are on the Tower. Hovering next to her, she called out, "Excuse me, are you okay? Do you need help?"

Praxat sees a figure saying " hmm I see some one in the distance and they seem to be pretty far off from what I can tell." once again Praxat misjudge the distance as the figure is actually closer to her than she perceives. " I can't believe I climb this tower hoping there be something on top." " I mean who the hell build a tower in the middle of nowhere and puts nothing on top?"

"who the hell does that?" Praxat sits down saying " I wish I could see who that is in the distance but there not close enough." " right now I'll see is a blurry image."

OT: Frogs are nearsighted on land and farsighted underwater.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat sees a figure saying " hmm I see some one in the distance and they seem to be pretty far off from what I can tell." once again Praxat misjudge the distance as the figure is actually closer to her than she perceives. " I can't believe I climb this tower hoping there be something on top." " I mean who the hell build a tower in the middle of nowhere and puts nothing on top?"

"who the hell does that?" Praxat sits down saying " I wish I could see who that is in the distance but there not close enough." " right now I'll see is a blurry image."

OT: Frogs are nearsighted on land and farsighted underwater.
    OOC: She isn't deaf, so she must have heard Meagan's question.

IC:
    Meagan moves in even closer, "Hello!" She spoke louder, not sure if this being couldn't hear her or see her or understand what she was saying, "Are you in trouble? Are you looking for something?" speaking slowly, yet loudly and clearly as possible.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan tilts his head with a smile, exchanging glances with Ochazuke and Kai. "Master Balon, eh? I wonder what he's been up to. It would be good to see him again. Thank you, Kai."

He takes the message and reads it.
    It reads as follows:

I have found the first step to uncovering the truth of the Five Schools and Zxu’ro. Please meet me at Hanza Mountain on the North Continent.

-Master Balon.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 07-16-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded, as Sarada's stomach offered a truth that echoed her spoken words. And as the Oni herself thought about it, she realized something. It had been twenty-four hours at least since the Saiyan had eaten anything. Evidence to the state her lover was in, obviously, as much as it was a small wonder that the Saiyan hadn't attempted to eat someone alive.

Making sure that was taken care of before they did anything else, was certainly the priority.

"Well then, I believe that is the first thing we will do." Ishtar offered them with a small smile. "While we do that though, I would like to discuss the ... our plan, in the coming months. I do not intend to leave for anywhere without you, yet there are some things I do need to take care of ..." the Oni then stated before trailing off.

"In any event ..." the golden-eyed Oni said, picking up where she trailed off, "would you like to eat up here on the Lookout, or would you like to explore a bit ? I have uh ... five hundred thousand credits, that could be put to use."
    Food was in Sarada's very near future, to her delight and relief. She had been running on grief and adrenaline for the last day or so, which couldn't have been healthy given how her metabolism worked. She was surprised she hadn't fainted from hunger or tried to eat someone alive.

"Things to do, huh," she uttered as she started to walked toward the main building. "Like what?"

It must have been fairly important if she felt the need to bring it up this early. Then again, making sure they were on the same page so they wouldn't have to separate again was a good idea. In any case, Sarada didn't have much planned outside of training on Earth, then returning home to train there, as well. She figured it was a given that Ishtar would be coming with her, since they agreed that she would visit Vocado at some point, so the next few months was as good a time as any.

Hm.

There was something she had been thinking about ever since they visited Iris' temple on Chroma. There was also a guardians' temple on Vocado. She was hoping to try and get the guardian system back up and running again, but had no idea how to even go about doing it. She wanted to talk to Eva about it, but that was no longer possible. She supposed she would have to do it herself.

She even had the perfect candidate for guardian, if she was willing. Likely not, but she was old and it wasn't like geezers like her had anything better to do with their time.

That could come later.

"I guess we could eat somewhere else. I haven't seen much of this world since landing here, so seeing its sights could be fun."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Sasheem: Epilogue Part 3

The Majin reformed. Literally, not morally. And he was in a panic. What should he do now?! He can't stay on Earth! Not when the others with this strong...he couldn't destroy them as he was. HE had to leave...but he was too tired. e wasn't sure if he could make it the whole way out into deep space...but then he spotted it...something streaking across the sky...A ship! Maybe if Sasheem could catch up in time to hitch a ride...

Much later...

"I can't believe it...the Majin right under my nose...if only I hadn't fallen asleep..." P-Sta sighed to himself, resting his chin against the palm of his hand as he sat on his folding chair. "Well, he's out there somewhere now...after I make this report, the first thing I'll focus on is the capture of that cretin!"

P-Sta sat in the auditorium of Galaxy Police HQ. Hundreds of folding chairs were spread out among the floor in front of the podium. P-Sta wondered what the purpose was behind such a cheap setup. Though it could be forgiven, he supposed, since this was not nearly the full force of the GP, P-Sta supposed.

This meeting was standard procedure for GP officers to discuss the criminals at large of the ever lawless galaxy. At least twice every week, the various officer of the Galaxy Patrol would come in to discuss their current cases and alert other to the presence of larger threats. Many officers thought of it as bore, given how some people tended to drone on, but P-Sta viewed it as a gathering of the just!

He was especially anxious to take to the podium this week as he had a lot to discuss with his fellow intergalactic officers of the law, regarding the current state of the galaxy. He had a lot to say, and he didn't want to panic them, but...

"Hey, uh...P-Sta, you alright?" asked another officer named Cottage, one of the members four eyed frog people race. "You good? Look like your shakin' in your boots!" he chuckled, through bites of popcorn.

"HaHA!" P-Sta chuckled. "Never fear friend! I'm simply anxious to get to the podium myself!" P-Sta reassured the four eyed officer.

"What, you mean your...you're actually speakin'?!" Cottage asked with a hint of alarm that P-Sta didn't quite catch.

"But, of course! Why, with the notes I've taken on my last mission, I could write an entire novel!" P-Sta answered proudly, not quite catching the collective groans that had begun to crop up around him as they caught wind of what he said.

"Oh, so you've actually managed to catch that damn Majin?" Cottage asked, hopefully, resigning himself ot the fact that he'd have to hear another speech from the Katchin cyborg officer.

P-Sta scratched his head. "Er, well...not exactly, you see..." he began to trail off. "There were a few complications, such as-"

"Officer P-Sta! You're up next!" the secretary stated, instantly diverting P-Sta from failing to explain the current status of Sasheem's arrest further and allowing him to step up to the podium, with his data pad, much to the dismay of many of his fellow officer present.

OOC: She isn't deaf, so she must have heard Meagan's question.

Meagan moves in even closer, "Hello!" She spoke louder, not sure if this being couldn't hear her or see her or understand what she was saying, "Are you in trouble? Are you looking for something?" speaking slowly, yet loudly and clearly as possible.

Praxat looks at Megan saying" hey you don't have to speak loudly I could already hear you earlier ." " I just was too focus on something to pay attention to what you were saying." " as for your question well I up here because I climb this tower, and the reason I climb it is because I thought there would be something up here." " as it turns out there's nothing up here ."

" yeah I thought to my self hey a tower out in the middle of nowhere there must be something on top , but nope." " who ever built this ridiculously tall tower is a major *******!" " yeah I will don't need help I can climb back down although get down would be a lot easier if I could fly, but I can't."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat looks at Megan saying" hey you don't have to speak loudly I could already hear you earlier ." " I just was too focus on something to pay attention to what you were saying." " as for your question well I up here because I climb this tower, and the reason I climb it is because I thought there would be something up here." " as it turns out there's nothing up here ."

" yeah I thought to my self hey a tower out in the middle of nowhere there must be something on top , but nope." " who ever built this ridiculously tall tower is a major *******!" " yeah I will don't need help I can climb back down although get down would be a lot easier if I could fly, but I can't."
    "It's not that hard to learn." Meagan moved through the air as if she was walking on it, just enough to adjust her distance from this person, "Did you know this was once Kami's Tower? A long time ago, Kaimi's temple was located at the very top, but it's not there anymore. Those who were brave enough and strong enough to climb up the tower got to meet the Kami and receive training from him or her. Are you a warrior? Is that why you decided to climb the tower? Are you looking to become stronger?"
    Last edited by Tami; 07-16-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Food was in Sarada's very near future, to her delight and relief. She had been running on grief and adrenaline for the last day or so, which couldn't have been healthy given how her metabolism worked. She was surprised she hadn't fainted from hunger or tried to eat someone alive.

"Things to do, huh," she uttered as she started to walked toward the main building. "Like what?"

It must have been fairly important if she felt the need to bring it up this early. Then again, making sure they were on the same page so they wouldn't have to separate again was a good idea. In any case, Sarada didn't have much planned outside of training on Earth, then returning home to train there, as well. She figured it was a given that Ishtar would be coming with her, since they agreed that she would visit Vocado at some point, so the next few months was as good a time as any.

Hm.

There was something she had been thinking about ever since they visited Iris' temple on Chroma. There was also a guardians' temple on Vocado. She was hoping to try and get the guardian system back up and running again, but had no idea how to even go about doing it. She wanted to talk to Eva about it, but that was no longer possible. She supposed she would have to do it herself.

She even had the perfect candidate for guardian, if she was willing. Likely not, but she was old and it wasn't like geezers like her had anything better to do with their time.

That could come later.

"I guess we could eat somewhere else. I haven't seen much of this world since landing here, so seeing its sights could be fun."
    Following along behind Sarada, Ishtar how to respond.

The matter with Etrina, and Chrona, was certainly the topic she wished to discuss, and yet speaking of its true nature would cause issues. Whomever it was that Chrona had tasked her with dealing with when the time came; would know if it was mentioned beyond the superficial. Unless it pertained to Ishtar, herself. What a troublesome affair ... Though given that they were headed to a repository of magical information- at least as far as Earth was concerned- it did mean that there was perhaps information about the Cyntosian Amulet that her love carried with her.

Enough for now, at the least.

"First and foremost ... I am to take a trip with Etrina, to a storehouse of magical knowledge. I was hoping you might come with me. It is ... important, that I see what is found there." Ishtar finally replied, "it might also be worth seeing if there is more information about that necklace you carry with you."

When the mention of eating out came up however, the Oni offered her Saiyan love a small smile, before nodding.

"Perhaps a restaurant in that uh ... Capital City, then ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Following along behind Sarada, Ishtar how to respond.

The matter with Etrina, and Chrona, was certainly the topic she wished to discuss, and yet speaking of its true nature would cause issues. Whomever it was that Chrona had tasked her with dealing with when the time came; would know if it was mentioned beyond the superficial. Unless it pertained to Ishtar, herself. What a troublesome affair ... Though given that they were headed to a repository of magical information- at least as far as Earth was concerned- it did mean that there was perhaps information about the Cyntosian Amulet that her love carried with her.

Enough for now, at the least.

"First and foremost ... I am to take a trip with Etrina, to a storehouse of magical knowledge. I was hoping you might come with me. It is ... important, that I see what is found there." Ishtar finally replied, "it might also be worth seeing if there is more information about that necklace you carry with you."

When the mention of eating out came up however, the Oni offered her Saiyan love a small smile, before nodding.

"Perhaps a restaurant in that uh ... Capital City, then ?"
    Magic...

She repressed the urge to groan loudly at the very thought of being cooped with a bunch of nerds talking about potions and how they turned little children into frogs and all that irrelevant ****. Ishtar was highly interested in magic, and it would only be fair of Sarada to support her interest, even though she herself still didn't see the use for it. And besides, like she said, it may have been a chance for her to learn something about the amulet. Anything at this point was better than what they knew, which wasn't much.

"Oh, fine," she relented without much fuss. "If you want to go, I'll go, too. But, I'm going to complain about how boring everything is the entire time, just fair warning."

A restaurant, hm?

Wait?

What city was Brutus' place in? The last person she wanted to see was Macy... Marcy... Mercy... whatever the **** that ki vampire bitch's name was. She believed it was in West City, or something like that, so they should be good. "Capital City is fine by me." Without warning, she scooped Ishtar up into her arms bridal style and lifted into the air. "So, you know where it is?" she asked as she started flying at speed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Sasheem: Epilogue Part 4

P-Sta took to the podium and thanked the secretary and raised a hand in greeting. "Greetings, everyone! I'll try to be as concise as possible, but I warn of very grave danger in store for the galaxy in the near future! Of course, the Majin is still on the loose and he is of some concern, but he may be the least of our worries! While we have large numbers, they are constantly spread thin throughout the galaxy...but we must be more vigilant!" P-Sta spoke, slamming his hands upon the podium.

"Especially in regards to the Earth! That planet is becoming a hotbed of intergalactic criminal activity the likes of which I've never seen before...It, of course has it's own defenders, who I've fought valiantly alongside to free planet Chroma! But they may not be enough for the coming storm...We must be more active!" he announced pressing a button on his data pad, which began to emit a large hologram in front of P-Sta, depicting a list of names, some accompanied with pictures alongside them, and some with questions marks.

"First things first! Earth is now without it's Guardian!" P-Sta announced, inciting murmurs from his fellow officers, now paying slightly more attention than they had before. "Now, her death has nothing to do with the Perp no. 2!" P-Sta pointed at the second name on the list that read, 'Parasitic threat' accompanied with a small doodle P-Sta had made from Evangeline's description of the monster. The parasite that has been spreading throughout the galaxy, slaughtering the Guardians...we have no leads on this yet, but I hear our investigators are working diligently to uncover the truth behind the parasitic vermin!"

"And she may not be gone forever...Earth has these wishing orbs that can apparently revive the dead!" P-Sta noted. "Interesting, but not sure who they work honestly. Something about a dragon, but that's some of the good news! At any rate, this brings me to the culprit behind her and a human ally's deaths, Perp number five! A mystical firearm that possesses the wielder! It is currently being restrained by the Warriors of Earth but I have received no leads yet as to it's larger purpose!"

"As you can see, there are many threats on Earth that can potentially threaten the galaxy at large, but there is one in particular that we should put a lot of focus towards stopping. A half-saiyan known as Jagam. He, alone apparently, has slaughtered fifty Saiyans in the past..."

Some cheers erupted from the audience, to which P-Sta scowled at. "There...is a SAiyan officer in our ranks. And an esteemed one at that..." he shook his head. Insufferable, they were! How can they cheer meaningless deaths and call themselves officers of intergalactic law?! "And many more saiyans are out in the universe to do some good as well! Soem of which who aided in the defense of Earth and the liberation of Chroma! But beyond that, this JAgam can easily kill fifty of them! Knowing how powerful Saiyans are, this should concern more than a few of you..."

"Especially since we know so little of Jagam, but from what the Saiyans tell me, he has been operating for ten years!" P-Sta stated. "Under our noses! That shouldn't be possible!"

"Beep-boop! Whirl-beep! Rrrrrrring!" a robotic officer spoke, sounding skeptical.

"How do I know he's real?! I trust in the words of the Saiyans who I fought with!" P-Sta noted, irritably. "One of them had a near death encounter with the monster, so doubt me if you want...but I feel as if the threat of Jagam will have a reach beyond that of just the Saiyans! Especially given that he's supposedly what they call a Super Saiyan!"

More murmers among his fellow officers. "So, if any of you have any information to give, I ask you to speak up now...or spread the word among the officers who could not make it here today. There are more threats than we realize coming upon us in days to come..."P-Sta spoke in a grim tone.

Magic...

She repressed the urge to groan loudly at the very thought of being cooped with a bunch of nerds talking about potions and how they turned little children into frogs and all that irrelevant ****. Ishtar was highly interested in magic, and it would only be fair of Sarada to support her interest, even though she herself still didn't see the use for it. And besides, like she said, it may have been a chance for her to learn something about the amulet. Anything at this point was better than what they knew, which wasn't much.

"Oh, fine," she relented without much fuss. "If you want to go, I'll go, too. But, I'm going to complain about how boring everything is the entire time, just fair warning."

A restaurant, hm?

Wait?

What city was Brutus' place in? The last person she wanted to see was Macy... Marcy... Mercy... whatever the **** that ki vampire bitch's name was. She believed it was in West City, or something like that, so they should be good. "Capital City is fine by me." Without warning, she scooped Ishtar up into her arms bridal style and lifted into the air. "So, you know where it is?" she asked as she started flying at speed.
    Ishtar chuckled at Sarada's response.

While it was certainly a relief to hear that her love had agreed to come with, there was certainly no denying that the Saiyan had no love of magic, that she'd somehow come into possession of an ancient- by her metric- amulet that was possessed of powerful, and forgotten, magic itself was ... undoubtedly strange. Though perhaps there had been a reason for such thing; and Ishtar was certainly curious to know more about it.

"Do not worry, I am also going for my own amusement," the Oni commented with a chuckle even as her lover scooped her up. "Apparently these Earth Wizards are boring and believe too highly of themselves. I would like to have a bit of fun with them."

As they made their way away from the Lookout then, Sarada asked after the whereabouts of Capital City, and owing to her time spent on the planet prior to her coming to Dusk City- and all that transpired after- the Oni gestured in its approximate direction.

" A few hundred miles, give or take."

A rather short flight, all things considered.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar chuckled at Sarada's response.

While it was certainly a relief to hear that her love had agreed to come with, there was certainly no denying that the Saiyan had no love of magic, that she'd somehow come into possession of an ancient- by her metric- amulet that was possessed of powerful, and forgotten, magic itself was ... undoubtedly strange. Though perhaps there had been a reason for such thing; and Ishtar was certainly curious to know more about it.

"Do not worry, I am also going for my own amusement," the Oni commented with a chuckle even as her lover scooped her up. "Apparently these Earth Wizards are boring and believe too highly of themselves. I would like to have a bit of fun with them."

As they made their way away from the Lookout then, Sarada asked after the whereabouts of Capital City, and owing to her time spent on the planet prior to her coming to Dusk City- and all that transpired after- the Oni gestured in its approximate direction.

" A few hundred miles, give or take."

A rather short flight, all things considered.
    As Sarada started the relatively short flight, made even shorter by her desire to get some food in her ASAP, she chuckled to herself. These Earth 'wizards' were of the high-and-mighty type, combined with a dry boredom. Surely, such an unfortunate combination would supply the young Saiyan with an endless supply of laughs. To be spent silently, lest one of the impotent losers try to turn her into a newt or some such nonsense.

As they flew, Sarada thought back to the time she spent in Iris' temple and was reminded of something she wanted to ask Ishtar and Asha'rah, but forgot because of the urgency of their trip back to Earth. "Hey, does the name Nergal sound familiar at all to you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ereshkigal stares at her book, tracing faint lines through a few pages before closing it, her eyes glowing slightly.

A small smile splays across her lips as Eresh starts a spell. Mumbling in Creation’s language, she opens a small viewing portal and looks inside. A cloud filled peaceful and calm scene of Otherworld greets her eyes as she hones the viewing portal on a long line of souls entering an office building.

She sees Jack and Evangeline walk in and nods. In her “different” voice, she says a few words.

“Good. They’ll find the truth of his blood soon. Now then, time to....speak to a few guardians.”

Eresh closes the portal and walks towards the room houses the fled Kami spirits, all the while humming a beautiful tune, her eyes faintly glowing.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 07-16-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

As Sarada started the relatively short flight, made even shorter by her desire to get some food in her ASAP, she chuckled to herself. These Earth 'wizards' were of the high-and-mighty type, combined with a dry boredom. Surely, such an unfortunate combination would supply the young Saiyan with an endless supply of laughs. To be spent silently, lest one of the impotent losers try to turn her into a newt or some such nonsense.

As they flew, Sarada thought back to the time she spent in Iris' temple and was reminded of something she wanted to ask Ishtar and Asha'rah, but forgot because of the urgency of their trip back to Earth. "Hey, does the name Nergal sound familiar at all to you?"
    As the two made their way towards Capital City, Ishtar couldn't help but notice how nice it was to simply be carried, by Sarada.

True, the Oni could well have simply leapt along toward the destination even as her lover flew, or teleported ahead to give the Saiyan a Ki signature to lock onto, and yet being borne along like a 'newlywed Earthling' was certainly a luxury. That it allowed her time to recall what little she could remember of the city they intended to spend some time in- and perhaps forget the woes of the day previous, fully for a time- and decide on an restaurant.

There was that one that touted the 'finest French cuisine', and while she knew of the French, she knew not what their food tasted of. There was also one that promised a true 'family experience', whatever that meant. There were several more that were simply Bakeries, or Taverns ... and then there was ...

Of course.

Before Ishtar could tell Sarada what it was she had decided on for them, however, a name from the ancient past was uttered that caused the Oni's golden eyes to widen slightly in surprise.

"Familiar ... yes." Ishtar eventually answered.

"Nergal was ... kin. An Oni who, like Marduk ... sacrificed all he was, for power. Though in the end I suppose what was done with that power was ... wholly different." Offering a sigh that was quickly carried away by the wind, the golden-eyed Oni then asked a question of her own.

"There are few who even know his name now ... so how did you happen upon it ?"

Arx Inosaan