Page 179 of 782 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 11718
  1. #2671
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As the two made their way towards Capital City, Ishtar couldn't help but notice how nice it was to simply be carried, by Sarada.

    True, the Oni could well have simply leapt along toward the destination even as her lover flew, or teleported ahead to give the Saiyan a Ki signature to lock onto, and yet being borne along like a 'newlywed Earthling' was certainly a luxury. That it allowed her time to recall what little she could remember of the city they intended to spend some time in- and perhaps forget the woes of the day previous, fully for a time- and decide on an restaurant.

    There was that one that touted the 'finest French cuisine', and while she knew of the French, she knew not what their food tasted of. There was also one that promised a true 'family experience', whatever that meant. There were several more that were simply Bakeries, or Taverns ... and then there was ...

    Of course.

    Before Ishtar could tell Sarada what it was she had decided on for them, however, a name from the ancient past was uttered that caused the Oni's golden eyes to widen slightly in surprise.

    "Familiar ... yes." Ishtar eventually answered.

    "Nergal was ... kin. An Oni who, like Marduk ... sacrificed all he was, for power. Though in the end I suppose what was done with that power was ... wholly different." Offering a sigh that was quickly carried away by the wind, the golden-eyed Oni then asked a question of her own.

    "There are few who even know his name now ... so how did you happen upon it ?"
    As she thought, Ishtar did know who Nergal was, and the response was surprising. He was an Oni she knew long ago who sacrificed everything for more power. The fact that Sarada had only just now heard of him showed how that endeavor ended.

    "I saw it in Iris' temple," she answered. "Specifically in a binder she had detailing her research of the Cyntosians. If this guys an Oni, why would his name be there?" A rhetorical question; she knew Ishtar didn't know. "You wouldn't happen to know how powerful the guy got, do you?"

  2. #2672
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As she thought, Ishtar did know who Nergal was, and the response was surprising. He was an Oni she knew long ago who sacrificed everything for more power. The fact that Sarada had only just now heard of him showed how that endeavor ended.

    "I saw it in Iris' temple," she answered. "Specifically in a binder she had detailing her research of the Cyntosians. If this guys an Oni, why would his name be there?" A rhetorical question; she knew Ishtar didn't know. "You wouldn't happen to know how powerful the guy got, do you?"
    Sarada had learned of Nergal from a Cyntosian dossier in the Temple of Iris.

    What a curious thing, this Temple. Clearly more than simply another Lookout, and obviously the former guardian was after something more than simply the protection of Chroma- a thing she ultimately failed at, for one reason or another- though just what that was, mattered little at the moment.

    "Nergal escaped from Otherworld, after empowering himself with an unknown number of souls." Ishtar continued to explain, "if this 'binder' was wholly devoted to information on the Cyntosians, then it is relevant to their history in some manner. Which ... I suppose leads into your question, well enough." The Oni then stated, falling silent for a moment to collect what she recalled of her encounter with her 'kin', enough to fashion an understandable recounting. "Zurvan and I watched him for a brief time, during his ... rampage." Ishtar finally replied then, "He moved from one world to the next, with little care beyond annihilating what was found there, before moving on to the next. At the end of those few days, most of the galaxy he 'surfaced' in, was gone, and while I remember the feel of him; I cannot say for certain how powerful he was beyond knowing he was yet below the likes of Genesis. He was stopped in the end, as well ..." the Oni added almost as an afterthought, "though if he was killed I know not."

    Offering her love a shrug then, the golden-eyed Oni spotted the top of their intended destination, and offered a gesture.

    "Down there."

    Upon landing, the building Ishtar had pointed to itself, looked rather non-discrepant . Stepping inside however, Sarada would immediately notice that the type of place she had been brought to was touted as an 'all you can eat, buffet'. Foods from various cultures making rows, upon rows of food that could simply be piled onto a platter. Though if it was food enough for a Sayian who hadn't eaten in over twenty-four hours, remained to be seen.

    "I will get us a table," Ishtar commented from Sarada's side, as she took it all in.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #2673
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,478

    Default Sasheem: Epilogue Part 5

    Sasheem lucked out, happening upon that ship leaving Earth's atmosphere. He Hitched a ride atop the vehicle and took a long nap, with the vehicle's pilot being none the wiser. He did wish that the vehicle didn't belong to that stoo-pid Galaxy Police officer that had been chasing him, but now he seemed to be in a base full of them! They'd been bothering him for months now! If he could get revenge on them...he could at least have a little fun.

    ...Maybe after getting something to eat first. The Majin wandered around the hallways, various GP officers wandering around busily, not quite noticing the small Majin glance around, wondering what they were doing. He'd attack write now, but there was a tired officer at a desk, sleepily watching television in secret, leaving a platter of space cookies unguarded.

    Sasheem reached and grabbed a handful (all of them). The officer glanced over the desk sleepily. "Hey, little guy..." he greeted with a yawn. "One of yer parents bring ya here?" he asked, before turning back to whatever show he was watching on his television.

    The Majin blinked and, beginning to devour the cookies.

    ***

    "There's....there's something else that I had wanted to mention...about coming threats," P-Sta stated, somewhat quietly. "During my travels with the warriors of Earth...there was...perhaps some sort of vision given to us...a vision of the possible future..." he spoke a more murmurs broke out among his fellow officers. "Now, I understand...I had no part in the meddling of the time stream, but I consider it a violation to simply keep this for myself. Take this worth a grain of salt if you feel the need to, but I stress caution. The future gave me a vision of an Earth taken over by some sort of Machine Race known as the Lynne!"

    "An EMP wave covering the Earth! Cutting it off form all technology!" P-Sta went on. "Energy dampening technology!" P-Sta continued. "Things were dire indeed and who knows if it was limited to just Earth..."

    "And...you say this was some sort of vision, P-Sta?" another officer questioned.

    "Yes, I understand it sounds crazy, but..." P-Sta shook his head. "I've seen magic, I've seen various strange things on my travels. A feeling in my gut makes me believe this to be real!"

    "...Well, damn P-Sta...do you have ANY good news?" another officer asked.


    "Well, in that same future vision, it seems we do finally manage to put an end to the Majin, so there's that at least..." P-Sta hung his head and sighed.

    Down the hall, a screech sounding something like,"UWOOOOOOOOAH!" could be heard, but it went largely ignored by the officers in the auditorium discussing these pressing matters.

    :Any further questions?" P-Sta asked.

  4. #2674
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sarada had learned of Nergal from a Cyntosian dossier in the Temple of Iris.

    What a curious thing, this Temple. Clearly more than simply another Lookout, and obviously the former guardian was after something more than simply the protection of Chroma- a thing she ultimately failed at, for one reason or another- though just what that was, mattered little at the moment.

    "Nergal escaped from Otherworld, after empowering himself with an unknown number of souls." Ishtar continued to explain, "if this 'binder' was wholly devoted to information on the Cyntosians, then it is relevant to their history in some manner. Which ... I suppose leads into your question, well enough." The Oni then stated, falling silent for a moment to collect what she recalled of her encounter with her 'kin', enough to fashion an understandable recounting. "Zurvan and I watched him for a brief time, during his ... rampage." Ishtar finally replied then, "He moved from one world to the next, with little care beyond annihilating what was found there, before moving on to the next. At the end of those few days, most of the galaxy he 'surfaced' in, was gone, and while I remember the feel of him; I cannot say for certain how powerful he was beyond knowing he was yet below the likes of Genesis. He was stopped in the end, as well ..." the Oni added almost as an afterthought, "though if he was killed I know not."

    Offering her love a shrug then, the golden-eyed Oni spotted the top of their intended destination, and offered a gesture.

    "Down there."

    Upon landing, the building Ishtar had pointed to itself, looked rather non-discrepant . Stepping inside however, Sarada would immediately notice that the type of place she had been brought to was touted as an 'all you can eat, buffet'. Foods from various cultures making rows, upon rows of food that could simply be piled onto a platter. Though if it was food enough for a Sayian who hadn't eaten in over twenty-four hours, remained to be seen.

    "I will get us a table," Ishtar commented from Sarada's side, as she took it all in.
    Nergal escaped from Otherworld after somehow absorbing a number of souls. Ishtar didn't elaborate on how -- likely because she didn't know. Hearing that he wasn't stronger than Genesis was both a relief and a disappointment, as was hearing that he was only strong enough to destroy planets. Sarada was fairly certain she could do the same as she was right now.

    "I was hoping you'd say he was stronger than Genesis," she replied, not bothering to hide her disappointment. She silently hoped he was still alive so she could fight him, but how exciting would that fight be if he didn't sound all that strong.

    They entered Capital City soon enough, and the restaurant Ishtar spoke of came into view soon after. It was a quaint little building, not as ostentatious as the restaurants on Vocado. People were going in and coming out at a somewhat steady pace, so it must have been busy inside. Back home, the restaurants were "all you can eat" to keep the chefs and cooks from constantly having to make each and every meal to individual specifications. The moment she heard that this was such a place, she knew that she had made the right decision.

    She placed Ishtar gently on her feet and made a mad dash inside. The lovely Oni said something, but her words were completely lost the very instant the sweet mixture of mouth-watering aromas hit her nose. She could smell each spice, each herb, each vegetable, and every meat they had available.

    "I can really eat as much as I want?" she asked some random guy, who looked at her strangely.

    "Uh, yeah. It's an all-yo," was all he could get out before Sarada dashed away and started shoveling food in her mouth two handfuls at a time while piling even more on plates. When she noticed that Ishtar found a place for them to eat, she quickly started placing her dishes on that table, then running back for more food, all the while laughing like a madwoman. Within minutes, there were close to thirty plates precariously balanced on the table.

    She got a little bit of everything to start off. She wanted to see what she liked before going back in for seconds.

    What followed surely sickened her fellow patrons to their stomachs. They thought that it shouldn't have been possible for a girl her size to eat as much as she was as quickly as she was and somehow not 1)choke, and 2) explode. Sarada paid them no mind and went right on merrily stuffing her face with her Oni love.

  5. #2675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It's not that hard to learn." Meagan moved through the air as if she was walking on it, just enough to adjust her distance from this person, "Did you know this was once Kami's Tower? A long time ago, Kaimi's temple was located at the very top, but it's not there anymore. Those who were brave enough and strong enough to climb up the tower got to meet the Kami and receive training from him or her. Are you a warrior? Is that why you decided to climb the tower? Are you looking to become stronger?"
    Praxat replies to this in exciting tone saying " yeah I am." " I'm looking forward to the day when I can face that person." " the world martial arts champion." " I been taking part in the world martial arts torument and when ever I see that person ."

    " it's like he always has this presence." " just being in his vicinity felt like being in the middle of a inferno." " I don't think I'm stronger enough to be in their league ." " that's why I need to get stronger."

    " as for flying I never took the time to learn that." " I always thought that my main mode of transportation which is jumping to where I want to go, was all that I need it, but this tower prove otherwise." " it was the first time that my main mode of transportation failed " me." Praxat remembers the name Kami saying in shock tone" wait you mean the Kami ?"

    " that Kami wait they built this ?" " Okay I take back what I said about the person who built this tower." " if I knew this was Kami's tower I wouldn't have said what I said." " I was outline with the whole asshole thing, and I'm sure The Kami is a nice fellow."

  6. #2676
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat replies to this in exciting tone saying " yeah I am." " I'm looking forward to the day when I can face that person." " the world martial arts champion." " I been taking part in the world martial arts torument and when ever I see that person ."

    " it's like he always has this presence." " just being in his vicinity felt like being in the middle of a inferno." " I don't think I'm stronger enough to be in their league ." " that's why I need to get stronger."

    " as for flying I never took the time to learn that." " I always thought that my main mode of transportation which is jumping to where I want to go, was all that I need it, but this tower prove otherwise." " it was the first time that my main mode of transportation failed " me." Praxat remembers the name Kami saying in shock tone" wait you mean the Kami ?"

    " that Kami wait they built this ?" " Okay I take back what I said about the person who built this tower." " if I knew this was Kami's tower I wouldn't have said what I said." " I was outline with the whole asshole thing, and I'm sure The Kami is a nice fellow."
    Looking a little sad for a moment, Meagan then smiled, "I like your enthusiasm. If you would like to meet Kami, the Guardian of the Earth, I can arrange it. Since you can't fly yet, I'd have to take you there, if that is what you really want."

    OOC: Bruce, Say yes and she'll get a free ride to the Lookout.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-17-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  7. #2677
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nergal escaped from Otherworld after somehow absorbing a number of souls. Ishtar didn't elaborate on how -- likely because she didn't know. Hearing that he wasn't stronger than Genesis was both a relief and a disappointment, as was hearing that he was only strong enough to destroy planets. Sarada was fairly certain she could do the same as she was right now.

    "I was hoping you'd say he was stronger than Genesis," she replied, not bothering to hide her disappointment. She silently hoped he was still alive so she could fight him, but how exciting would that fight be if he didn't sound all that strong.

    They entered Capital City soon enough, and the restaurant Ishtar spoke of came into view soon after. It was a quaint little building, not as ostentatious as the restaurants on Vocado. People were going in and coming out at a somewhat steady pace, so it must have been busy inside. Back home, the restaurants were "all you can eat" to keep the chefs and cooks from constantly having to make each and every meal to individual specifications. The moment she heard that this was such a place, she knew that she had made the right decision.

    She placed Ishtar gently on her feet and made a mad dash inside. The lovely Oni said something, but her words were completely lost the very instant the sweet mixture of mouth-watering aromas hit her nose. She could smell each spice, each herb, each vegetable, and every meat they had available.

    "I can really eat as much as I want?" she asked some random guy, who looked at her strangely.

    "Uh, yeah. It's an all-yo," was all he could get out before Sarada dashed away and started shoveling food in her mouth two handfuls at a time while piling even more on plates. When she noticed that Ishtar found a place for them to eat, she quickly started placing her dishes on that table, then running back for more food, all the while laughing like a madwoman. Within minutes, there were close to thirty plates precariously balanced on the table.

    She got a little bit of everything to start off. She wanted to see what she liked before going back in for seconds.

    What followed surely sickened her fellow patrons to their stomachs. They thought that it shouldn't have been possible for a girl her size to eat as much as she was as quickly as she was and somehow not 1)choke, and 2) explode. Sarada paid them no mind and went right on merrily stuffing her face with her Oni love.
    Before Ishtar could respond, Sarada was off, piling plate after plate with food with such speed that several of the other patrons simply stood and stared. "Well then," the Oni muttered before finding a seat near enough the rows of food to allow her love easy access, even as the girl continued to dart about cackling.

    When the Saiyan returned and sat across from Ishtar however, the real show began. Without even slowing down to speak, Sarada began shoveling plateful after plateful of food into her mouth. To the shock, and disgust, of those around her save one. Ishtar simply sat chuckling, sneaking the occasional nibble of something- the rib bone of an animal, with a tangy sauce, a piece of grilled chicken, a handful of rice- as her little love continued to make a mess. Yet eventually, and to the relief of many, the cacophony of forks, spoons and knives clattering against the dozens of dishes, subsided; and as Ishtar continued to nibble away at what she had managed to pilfer she offered Sarada a smile.

    "I am glad you like it." The Oni offered, before her love slipped away again, "when you are finished we can pick up where we left off. There are a few things yet I would like to talk about, one is to so with our training."
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #2678
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    A cloaked figure wandered into a seedy bar. Puffs of smoke floated through the air, carried along by the winds of a loose and filthy ceiling fan. At least the glasses were clean, if nothing else. She a show of looking for the one she sought with her eyes. In truth, ki senses were much more reliable for the sort of thing signature she was looking for.

    She sat beside another figure, who appeared to be nursing his third beer.

    "Shimmer, I have a job for you."

  9. #2679
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    "Hey Jinzi." Charco called out, having finally emerged from the metaphorical rock he had been hiding under. It was fairly obvious by the reddening of his eyes that he had been previously crying, but otherwise the evidence was nonexistant. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"

  10. #2680
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    A cloaked figure wandered into a seedy bar. Puffs of smoke floated through the air, carried along by the winds of a loose and filthy ceiling fan. At least the glasses were clean, if nothing else. She a show of looking for the one she sought with her eyes. In truth, ki senses were much more reliable for the sort of thing signature she was looking for.

    She sat beside another figure, who appeared to be nursing his third beer.

    "Shimmer, I have a job for you."
    The Red Namekian pauses, then nods.

    “Who?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #2681
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Hey Jinzi." Charco called out, having finally emerged from the metaphorical rock he had been hiding under. It was fairly obvious by the reddening of his eyes that he had been previously crying, but otherwise the evidence was nonexistant. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"
    Jinzi nods.

    “How can I help?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #2682
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking a little sad for a moment, Meagan then smiled, "I like your enthusiasm. If you would like to meet Kami, the Guardian of the Earth, I can arrange it. Since you can't fly yet, I'd have to take you there, if that is what you really want."
    Before receiving an answer, Meagan contacted Kai telepathically, "Kai, I may have met someone who deserves to be evaluated for advanced training. I might be bringing her to the Lookout, didn't want to drop this on you unexpectedly. Oh, and tell Jinzi I'll be back shortly."

    OOC: For Cleric
    Last edited by Tami; 07-17-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  13. #2683
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

    ďHow can I help?Ē
    Reaching into his pocket, Charco produced his communicator. What was once a crack in the screen had deepened into the phone's frame itself, "I was wondering if you could fix this. I know it's an outdated model, but it's all I got."

  14. #2684
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Before Ishtar could respond, Sarada was off, piling plate after plate with food with such speed that several of the other patrons simply stood and stared. "Well then," the Oni muttered before finding a seat near enough the rows of food to allow her love easy access, even as the girl continued to dart about cackling.

    When the Saiyan returned and sat across from Ishtar however, the real show began. Without even slowing down to speak, Sarada began shoveling plateful after plateful of food into her mouth. To the shock, and disgust, of those around her save one. Ishtar simply sat chuckling, sneaking the occasional nibble of something- the rib bone of an animal, with a tangy sauce, a piece of grilled chicken, a handful of rice- as her little love continued to make a mess. Yet eventually, and to the relief of many, the cacophony of forks, spoons and knives clattering against the dozens of dishes, subsided; and as Ishtar continued to nibble away at what she had managed to pilfer she offered Sarada a smile.

    "I am glad you like it." The Oni offered, before her love slipped away again, "when you are finished we can pick up where we left off. There are a few things yet I would like to talk about, one is to so with our training."
    As Sarada was finishing up her first course, Ishtar mentioned they needed to discuss a few things. Among the topics to be discussed was their training. Since that was pertinent to her interests, she nodded vigorously. "Alright," she spoke once she swallowed what was in her mouth. "You can talk and I'll listen. Be right back."

    She stacked the myriad of empty plates and set them to the side, then went back for her second wave. This time, she had an idea of what tasted the best out of the foods available, so her second course would be much more refined.

    "Oh God! She's coming back for more?!" a man whispered harshly. "How?!" He hurried to scoop the remainder of the mashed potatoes into a bowl, then froze when she passed by him.

    "Jeez, where's it all going?" his friend wondered. "Wait, what's up with that weird belt?"

    She decided on ribs, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and greens to give her selection a healthy edge. Of course, she took multiple plates of each food, at least four of each.

    "See," a rotund woman screeched to her friend, who was also portly. "This is thin privilege at its worst! That skinny bitch just eats and eats and look at her, still as thin as she was when she got here. Me, I eat that much and people will call me a land whale!!"

    The people on this planet are so weird.

    She shrugged off the irrelevant comments and sat down to start eating. "So, what about training?"

  15. #2685
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Reaching into his pocket, Charco produced his communicator. What was once a crack in the screen had deepened into the phone's frame itself, "I was wondering if you could fix this. I know it's an outdated model, but it's all I got."
    “Of course I can. I should have the tools here somewhere....”

    He produces a Capsule, pulls out some tools from it, and starts fixing the unit.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •