Page 195 of 782 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Entering the building, Meagan pauses as she surveys the Reception area. Continuing forward, she heads towards the central area of the building.
    Glowing green holographic arrows pop up and guide her and her co paninis through the errirly silent CC, leading her down towards the elevator to the Geofront far below.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    one time during her months of training Praxat looks at Kai and then at Quila saying " you know I have been treated better here than I was on my home planet Qacriea ." " I have a confession to make while I said I came here to gather information on the life forms here ." " that is not entirely true." " I was sent to this planet as a explorer ."

" task with gather intel on the planet's inhabits , wild life and resources." " intel that would be sent back to my planet's High council . " " on planet Qacriea my species can either be explorer or be task to work in the Workshop, and it's better to be a explorer than to work in the Workshop." " these explorations are for the sole purpose of conquest."

" Toadian explorers a task to finding planets that a fit to be conquer by the Replitas." " it's not like my species has any say in the matter we basically force to do this." " the Replitas are the rulers of my planet and as a species we just have to do what they order us to. " " even if we don't like it."

"cause the power difference between them and my species is so great that it would be pointless to fight them." " the Toadians who are sent to the Workshop are task to making weaponry for the Replitas." " once sent to the Workshop a Toadian doesn't come out until he's either finishes his work or he dies." " there is rarely any breaks and it's pretty much a hellish place to work in."

" I never in my life would want to go to the Workshop."
    “I understand. Don’t worry, once we handle Jagam and his ally we can talk about the potential invasion from your people.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mara smiles, then laughs, a deep and pleased sound.

“I am impressed. You have great strength of character. Your words....are wise. Truth is never easy, but at the same time, it is, for a lie must always grow while the truth remains the same, brutal or not. In times past I would have challenged you, but your honesty moves me. You have passed my challenge. Now, I shall give you two things: first is the location of the Spider-Shrine, nestled deep in the jungles far south of here.”

As if on cue, an image and location flora into their minds of where to go next.

“And second, while the Wolf has fallen, one of its essences has not. I would give it to you three. Do you accept?”

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Mara's appraisal did thaw some in the frigid, cloistered air of this space. Yet her vision and offer not of a technique but an essence left Ochazuke wary.

He turned from Mara, his attention falling to the ruined statue at the head of the shrine made in her image.

"You said it has been some time since any one has passed through these grounds," he said. Five more sects lost to time cast a certain suspision there in the shadow of the Ancient One.

"What happened here?"
    Mara answers Ochazuke with a sad time in her voice.

“Once we were ten schools under Master Zxu’ro. But when the master left, to seek higher purpose, he left the ten Grand Master’s in charge. A few years passed and all was well until the Grand Master’s of Snake and Tiger passed on, their successors less willing to follow the old ways and angered at being lesser in the eyes of the other Grand Masters. They plotted, and in a moment of savage deceit, slew the Grand Master’s of Turtle, Crane, and Dragon, setting others of a like mind up as their new masters. With five then, they waged war against the rest of us. We were not prepared for this and were on the defensive. When the dust settled, they were triumphant and we were not.”
    Zaofan rubs his chin in contemplation. Not one to slow down, the vagabond chef tries to process the pieces as best he can, though the mystery keeps getting deeper than he would be comfortable with.

"...Zxu'ro left to seek a higher purpose. But all this time, we've been thinking of him as a pinnacle. Definitely as a great thinker and innovator. What higher purpose would there be for one such as he?"

As well, though Zaofan fashioned himself an amateur historian due to all his travels, he sometimes has the habit of putting together patterns where there are none. "To be honest, I'm not too fond of the idea that the Grand Masters of the Turtle, Crane, and Dragon schools -- all MY disciplines -- were wiped out so swiftly. All the more reason for me to keep going, I think. How ever good I think I am now, isn't going to cut it in the future. I've got to change that."

Upon that realization, he turns his attention back to Mara. "To answer your question, oh great one, well... we've gone too far to just pack up and turn around. I, for one, accept."
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-07-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Glowing green holographic arrows pop up and guide her and her co paninis through the errirly silent CC, leading her down towards the elevator to the Geofront far below.
    "I hope Jinzi isn't playing games." Meagan said with a slight smirk that hid her uncertainty. The continued walking, following the arrows to the elevator and once again making trip downward. It's been a long time since she was last here, and back then the place was a mess.

Reaching the lowest level, the elevator chimed once, then the doors opened up again. The three then stepped out, looking around as they did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“I understand. Don’t worry, once we handle Jagam and his ally we can talk about the potential invasion from your people.”
    Praxat replies to this saying " not my people the Replitas." " we Toadians don't wish to wage war against other planets." " we just force to help the Replitas and we really don't want to." my people used to have their own kingdom on planet Qacriea but then the Replitas invading it and took it over."

" at first they turn my people into slaves but then gave us work." " tell my people as long as we help them, we would be able to afford decent meal." " so there was only options help them or starve to death." " the ones, the Toadians who refuse to work are made examples of and kill in front of other Toadians by a Replita."

" to show what happens to us if we so dare go against the Replitas."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan rubs his chin in contemplation. Not one to slow down, the vagabond chef tries to process the pieces as best he can, though the mystery keeps getting deeper than he would be comfortable with.

"...Zxu'ro left to seek a higher purpose. But all this time, we've been thinking of him as a pinnacle. Definitely as a great thinker and innovator. What higher purpose would there be for one such as he?"

As well, though Zaofan fashioned himself an amateur historian due to all his travels, he sometimes has the habit of putting together patterns where there are none. "To be honest, I'm not too fond of the idea that the Grand Masters of the Turtle, Crane, and Dragon schools -- all MY disciplines -- were wiped out so swiftly. All the more reason for me to keep going, I think. How ever good I think I am now, isn't going to cut it in the future. I've got to change that."

Upon that realization, he turns his attention back to Mara. "To answer your question, oh great one, well... we've gone too far to just pack up and turn around. I, for one, accept."
    Samson and Ochazuke also nod.

A sudden great wave of power courses through each, alongside a flow of knowledge. History of the Wolf, its’s basic forms, and one technique:

The Wolf’s Prowl.

A technique that increases one’s speed by a factor of three for a short time, making one faster and more able to strike those who might be swifter.

Take this essence and carry on the Truth. Find the Spider next once your bodies are fully adept at the Wolf’s speed, and then continue your journey. I’ll be watching.’

With that Mara fades away and leaves them there standing outside the glacier suddenly, no longer in the frozen and ruined shrine.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat replies to this saying " not my people the Replitas." " we Toadians don't wish to wage war against other planets." " we just force to help the Replitas and we really don't want to." my people used to have their own kingdom on planet Qacriea but then the Replitas invading it and took it over."

" at first they turn my people into slaves but then gave us work." " tell my people as long as we help them, we would be able to afford decent meal." " so there was only options help them or starve to death." " the ones, the Toadians who refuse to work are made examples of and kill in front of other Toadians by a Replita."

" to show what happens to us if we so dare go against the Replitas."
    Kai nods.

“I see. That is terrible. Perhaps once we are done with Jagam we can help with that. Several of us and the Galaxy Police helped liberate the planet Chroma from a very similar situation.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I hope Jinzi isn't playing games." Meagan said with a slight smirk that hid her uncertainty. The continued walking, following the arrows to the elevator and once again making trip downward. It's been a long time since she was last here, and back then the place was a mess.

Reaching the lowest level, the elevator chimed once, then the doors opened up again. The three then stepped out, looking around as they did.
    The elevator opens up to a repaired and, somehow, even more lush and bigger Geofront view.

Faint sounds can be heard coming from a large Capsule lab erected about fifty meters away towards the woods.

“Adam, connect the propulsion units and the aux power system. Let’s run it again and see if the systems can handle the strain. It needs to work in case of emergencies or else there is no point in a backup power system.”

It was Jinzi’s voice.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The elevator opens up to a repaired and, somehow, even more lush and bigger Geofront view.

Faint sounds can be heard coming from a large Capsule lab erected about fifty meters away towards the woods.

“Adam, connect the propulsion units and the aux power system. Let’s run it again and see if the systems can handle the strain. It needs to work in case of emergencies or else there is no point in a backup power system.”

It was Jinzi’s voice.
    With a smile and a slight spring in her step, Meagan quickly heads towards the lab. As she arrives, she calls in, "Jinzi?"

Meanwhile, Cyanna and Dash end up wandering around, exploring the place but trying no to get into trouble.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Samson and Ochazuke also nod.

A sudden great wave of power courses through each, alongside a flow of knowledge. History of the Wolf, its’s basic forms, and one technique:

The Wolf’s Prowl.

A technique that increases one’s speed by a factor of three for a short time, making one faster and more able to strike those who might be swifter.

Take this essence and carry on the Truth. Find the Spider next once your bodies are fully adept at the Wolf’s speed, and then continue your journey. I’ll be watching.’

With that Mara fades away and leaves them there standing outside the glacier suddenly, no longer in the frozen and ruined shrine.
    Looking around the surroundings, caught offguard and completely confuddled at what just transpired, Zaofan merely drapes his cape over his shoulders again, holding them shut. "Well, we're back in the cold," he deadpans to the group.

Rubbing his arms inside his cape, Zaofan continues, "That was pretty... incredible. I can't wait to try this out, but... I don't think I ever imagined the animal styles having their own deities in the flesh before. But in any case, that wasn't so bad. And, maybe we can do Mara proud with the next task. Might we try using the Wolf's Prowl to get to warmer ground even faster?"

As an fyi, if I disappear randomly it's likely cause there's a massive storm in my area.

Kai nods.

“I see. That is terrible. Perhaps once we are done with Jagam we can help with that. Several of us and the Galaxy Police helped liberate the planet Chroma from a very similar situation.”
    Praxat looks at Kai saying " yeah it is my people can't even speak their own language openly and the plenty for doing so is death." " so we have to practice it in secret." " I'll do a demonstration but you might not understand it." Praxat does a series of complex croaks then says " in my native tongue I just told you I would appreciate the help."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Such a uniquely beautiful soul you have, Sarada. That you found yourself compelled to share it with me, will ever be greatest thing I had the chance to experience."

Such a curiously beautiful comment from her love, one that made Sarada smile from ear to ear. She wasn't sure what a soul was, but whatever it was, there was no one in all of creation she would rather share it with than Ishtar. "There's no one I'd rather share it with," she answered.

The subject shifted once again, this time to the near future, and what their training in the Room of Time and Spirits had in store for the two of them. In truth, Sarada wasn't sure. She had no idea what this room was all about, other than it allowed a year's worth of training in a single day. How that was possible, she didn't know; nor was she aware of the ramifications, if there were any at all.

As wary as the lack of knowledge made her, in the end, she wasn't too concerned. Given how strong she had become in just a single year -- from just 50 to... whatever lofty height she currently found herself at -- she felt safe to assume that she could at least double her power with another year. Given how intense her training with Ishtar was, perhaps even more than double.

"I'm not sure. Even if we just continue our usual training regimen, we'll make lofty gains in that time."

Would that be enough? Would one year of training be enough to prepare her... prepare them for Jagam and his ally?

She didn't know. Anything was possible in a year, but without having any kind of idea what level Jagam was operating at outside of conjecture and assumptions, she couldn't say for certain.

"I don't know," she answered honestly. "I want to say yes, but without knowing how strong Jagam is for sure, I can't say with certainty." She sighed and walked toward the window. Countless tiny white orbs twinkled magnificently in the distance against the endless black backdrop of space. It was like a painting, perfect in every aspect. "We'll just have to do what we can, and hope it's enough."

She hated relying on hope. It felt like she was admitting her own strength and thinking ability wasn't enough. "I think we'll have an advantage, you and I. We'll know what the other is thinking at all times. Let's use that to our advantage; maybe come up with some dual techniques that meld our talents together."

Every advantage needed to be taken into consideration.
    For Ishtar, it was moments like this, where the love reciprocated by Sarada was both verbalized and felt; that made all she had seen, and done, and suffered, worthwhile. And it was the love and support of the Saiyan that had helped lessen the impact of any burgeoning- and wholly new- emotions such as fear and uncertainty. And it was that way now, even as the young Monarch explained in her response, that she did not know and was not sure.

Sarada spoke true at least, in her uncertainty. The Aka Manah they shared might afford them an opportunity that they wouldn't otherwise have. After all, after they had gone to great lengths training to make use of its benefits and migitate the downsides, they could for brief periods fight in perfect synchronicity. Developing a technique that used that, while blending their natural strengths together might prove invaluable.

... Might.

Yet and still, as frustrating as it might be, all they had was hope to rely on; beyond the training they returned to Earth, to do. So with a solemn acceptance of the truth, Ishtar watched Sarada stare out of the shuttle's viewing window- smiling at how the pinpoints of blues and reds and dull yellow-white giving her lover's skin a soft, almost otherworldly glow- a moment before sighing.

"In that case, we have a big year ahead of us. I would minimize this need to ... hope ... as much as possible, which means we must become as strong as is possible in one standard year."

What that meant, and where they'd be was up in the air of course, and yet it didn't matter beyond feeling the need to see such done. Beckoning to Sarada then when the Saiyan turned around, Ishtar offered another sigh before smiling widely.

"Now come here, and sit. It is a rare thing now, time alone with you ... especially since you are required to bandy about with bodyguards so weak as to be laughable ..." Thinking on it a second, the wide smile lessened into a smaller, if smug, look.

"Do we really need to keep them around all the time ? Or would you rather they watch ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For Ishtar, it was moments like this, where the love reciprocated by Sarada was both verbalized and felt; that made all she had seen, and done, and suffered, worthwhile. And it was the love and support of the Saiyan that had helped lessen the impact of any burgeoning- and wholly new- emotions such as fear and uncertainty. And it was that way now, even as the young Monarch explained in her response, that she did not know and was not sure.

Sarada spoke true at least, in her uncertainty. The Aka Manah they shared might afford them an opportunity that they wouldn't otherwise have. After all, after they had gone to great lengths training to make use of its benefits and migitate the downsides, they could for brief periods fight in perfect synchronicity. Developing a technique that used that, while blending their natural strengths together might prove invaluable.

... Might.

Yet and still, as frustrating as it might be, all they had was hope to rely on; beyond the training they returned to Earth, to do. So with a solemn acceptance of the truth, Ishtar watched Sarada stare out of the shuttle's viewing window- smiling at how the pinpoints of blues and reds and dull yellow-white giving her lover's skin a soft, almost otherworldly glow- a moment before sighing.

"In that case, we have a big year ahead of us. I would minimize this need to ... hope ... as much as possible, which means we must become as strong as is possible in one standard year."

What that meant, and where they'd be was up in the air of course, and yet it didn't matter beyond feeling the need to see such done. Beckoning to Sarada then when the Saiyan turned around, Ishtar offered another sigh before smiling widely.

"Now come here, and sit. It is a rare thing now, time alone with you ... especially since you are required to bandy about with bodyguards so weak as to be laughable ..." Thinking on it a second, the wide smile lessened into a smaller, if smug, look.

"Do we really need to keep them around all the time ? Or would you rather they watch ?"
    As strong as they possibly could may not have been enough. If what Tasure said was true and Jagam was a Super Saiyan, then no amount of training or hope or luck or whatever was going to save them from him. He was going to slaughter them all, and he would do it at his leisure.

That meant Ishtar...

No, she couldn't think that way. Getting negative and pessimistic wasn't going to achieve anything other than place undue and unnecessary stress and pressure on her shoulders. She had enough of that already just from sitting on a throne. Any more and she was liable to crack from it all and then failure would be all but assured at that point. She had to get stronger, not just physically, but mentally.

The key to victory was in the preparation. The readier she was ahead of time, the greater chance she had to achieve victory and free her people from this nightmarish shadow. With that in mind, she knew what she had to do. "I'm going to use one of the wishes from the dragon to obtain all the information on Jagam I can. If we're going to win, we need more than guesses and assumptions. We need hard facts and intel. The key to victory is in preparation, after all. We can't prepare if we don't know jack about our enemy. And that's our advantage. I reckon Jagam doesn't know anything about us. If we know everything about him, then that might be enough to swing the fight completely in our favor."

It was a brilliant idea, if she said so herself. And obvious, in hindsight. She was surprised she hadn't thought of it before.

"So," she continued as she dismissed the bodyguard who was onboard with them -- even as he grumbled something under his breath -- "that makes our wishes one, wish back the ones who were killed by Chris on the Lookout, and two, all information about Jagam. That leaves us with one. Unless someone else has something they want, is there anything you'd like to wish for?"

She sat down next to her love and rested her head on her shoulder while wrapped an arm around her waist. "All the money in the universe? Information on Genesis, maybe?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

With a smile and a slight spring in her step, Meagan quickly heads towards the lab. As she arrives, she calls in, "Jinzi?"

Meanwhile, Cyanna and Dash end up wandering around, exploring the place but trying no to get into trouble.

She is greeted by the sight of Adam, spread long and thin, floating mid-air as he manipulates multiple computer terminals and large pieces of machinery alongside Jinzi.

Jinzi looks......rough. His clothes and lab coat have char and burn marks on them, his face a healing bruise, one pants leg looks like it went through a shredder, and he is currently floating sideways via an anti-gravity belt he’s wearing as he, with a manic gleam in his eyes, activates the engines on a sleek looking silver cruiser before him. The engine roars to life happily, the systems working, and Jinzi crows in triumph.

Meagan can see an unhealthy amount of He-Tab energy drink cans on various desks.

He doesn’t seem to hear her, though a portion of Adam does. He simply nods and gestures to Jinzi as if to say ‘he’s still alive at least’.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM