Page 196 of 782 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Looking around the surroundings, caught offguard and completely confuddled at what just transpired, Zaofan merely drapes his cape over his shoulders again, holding them shut. "Well, we're back in the cold," he deadpans to the group.

Rubbing his arms inside his cape, Zaofan continues, "That was pretty... incredible. I can't wait to try this out, but... I don't think I ever imagined the animal styles having their own deities in the flesh before. But in any case, that wasn't so bad. And, maybe we can do Mara proud with the next task. Might we try using the Wolf's Prowl to get to warmer ground even faster?"
    Samson laughs, the cold not effecting him due to his Dragon’s fire, and nods.

“It will take time, many months, to master it fully. Let us begin.”

He suddenly vanished as he runs across the ground at breakneck speeds, heading towards civilization.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

A collection of gasps, glares and bemused murmuring between the gathered mages was almost instantly overshadowed by the sudden flash mob of female mages who stormed around the newly summoned hound to heap praise and the occasional attempt at a belly rub. About the only one who didn't have anything to say about him was Helena, who had gone from excited, to amused, to surprised...then had descended straight past annoyed with the comment on her familiar and was was unconsciously biting her nail. "......but.....th...that can't be right. He told me.....I mean I......gods don't...Wait a moment."

Helena turned away and looked to be mentally communicating with something. At the same time a mage of short stature, looking to be at least two years Etrinas junior, gave two quick tugs on Ishtars arm after breaking from the group accosting Anubis. "Excuse me miss....Your familiar is really cool. I don't suppose you...could give me some pointers on how you made it so strong."

"Don't waste your time with Lilit, she can't even summon a frog properly. Teach me!" Another female mage blurted out, and soon others joined the mob of potential apprentices...only overshadowed by a sudden shout from Helena who was still speaking with someone. "What do you mean Hyperbole!?! Are you an idi...!" Helena suddenly choked on her words, seemingly remember who she was talking to. "I.....ughhhh....." Slapping her hands over her reddening face, Helena seemed suddenly on the verge of tears.

In the ensuring chaos of Anubis's appearance, Etrina had been left to watch in genuine amusement at each turn of events. It wasn't until a tug at her sleeve brought the young mages attention over to the mage that had greeted them at the table. "The Counsel is awaiting you in the meeting chamber."

"Oh, already? Very well...I'll gather my friends and..."

"Only you and the Oni are permitted in the Counsel Chambers at this time." The Mage frowned. "The others will be sent to the waiting room until they are needed. There are safety concerns and.....disruptive elements that need be considered." The mage could not disguise a flicker of gaze over to Sarada and Asha'rah.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks at Kai saying " yeah it is my people can't even speak their own language openly and the plenty for doing so is death." " so we have to practice it in secret." " I'll do a demonstration but you might not understand it." Praxat does a series of complex croaks then says " in my native tongue I just told you I would appreciate the help."
    Kai smiles and, to her amazement, responds back with his own series of croaks as he speaks her language.

‘Part of being who I am is an instinctive grasp of languages. Yours is quite challenging, please, forgive an accent I may have.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She is greeted by the sight of Adam, spread long and thin, floating mid-air as he manipulates multiple computer terminals and large pieces of machinery alongside Jinzi.

Jinzi looks......rough. His clothes and lab coat have char and burn marks on them, his face a healing bruise, one pants leg looks like it went through a shredder, and he is currently floating sideways via an anti-gravity belt he’s wearing as he, with a manic gleam in his eyes, activates the engines on a sleek looking silver cruiser before him. The engine roars to life happily, the systems working, and Jinzi crows in triumph.

Meagan can see an unhealthy amount of He-Tab energy drink cans on various desks.

He doesn’t seem to hear her, though a portion of Adam does. He simply nods and gestures to Jinzi as if to say ‘he’s still alive at least’.
    Seeing him, a part of her just wanted to double face palm in frustration. What she did instead was nod to Adam, then she flies up and behind Jinzi. Placing a hand on his shoulder, "I leave you alone for a few months and you already look like you've gone a few rounds with Sarada." As she touches him, a healing energy flows through him, his bruises and other injuries fade away.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Seeing him, a part of her just wanted to double face palm in frustration. What she did instead was nod to Adam, then she flies up and behind Jinzi. Placing a hand on his shoulder, "I leave you alone for a few months and you already look like you've gone a few rounds with Sarada." As she touches him, a healing energy flows through him, his bruises and other injuries fade away.
    Jinzi freaks out and his belt sends him into a spin that ends with him crashing into a table, empty cans of He-Tab falling over him as he stares up at her as he lays there upside down, clutching his heart.

“Holy crap you scared me! Adam! Why didn’t you warn me!?”

Adam, retracting back into a more humanoid form, almost seems to snort as it leaves the two of them alone.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi freaks out and his belt sends him into a spin that ends with him crashing into a table, empty cans of He-Tab falling over him as he stares up at her as he lays there upside down, clutching his heart.

“Holy crap you scared me! Adam! Why didn’t you warn me!?”

Adam, retracting back into a more humanoid form, almost seems to snort as it leaves the two of them alone.
    Rolling her eyes, "You're dating an intergalactic Ninja, for Goddess' sake. You used to enjoy our games of stealth foreplay before sex." Meagan sighed, "Even if I tried, I doubted I could have snapped you out of your inventor's madness with a simple hello." She then went to him, holding out a hand to help him up, "Not exactly the way I was hoping our reunion would go."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-09-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Samson laughs, the cold not effecting him due to his Dragon’s fire, and nods.

“It will take time, many months, to master it fully. Let us begin.”

He suddenly vanished as he runs across the ground at breakneck speeds, heading towards civilization.
    "Well, I like his gusto. What else do you expect from a Dragon, eh, Ochazuke?"

Zaofan disappears in a burst of speed to try to keep up with his mentor, following him to their next destination. Though the spirit of the wolf flows through his veins, his mind and reflexes have not yet adjusted; so after some distance, Zaofan finds himself either stopping for breath in quicker interludes than before, or tripping on random obstacles and almost comically trying to maintain his balance, failing every other time. Still, he does not let that stop him.

Trying to keep pace with Samson, Zaofan reasons that it would be pointless to try to yell ahead of him; instead, he tracks Samson until he reaches a resting point quite some time later, and forces himself to catch up that way. "Where... >wheeze< ... where would the Spider's location be, Master? Where would be our next destination?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    A collection of gasps, glares and bemused murmuring between the gathered mages was almost instantly overshadowed by the sudden flash mob of female mages who stormed around the newly summoned hound to heap praise and the occasional attempt at a belly rub. About the only one who didn't have anything to say about him was Helena, who had gone from excited, to amused, to surprised...then had descended straight past annoyed with the comment on her familiar and was was unconsciously biting her nail. "......but.....th...that can't be right. He told me.....I mean I......gods don't...Wait a moment."

Helena turned away and looked to be mentally communicating with something. At the same time a mage of short stature, looking to be at least two years Etrinas junior, gave two quick tugs on Ishtars arm after breaking from the group accosting Anubis. "Excuse me miss....Your familiar is really cool. I don't suppose you...could give me some pointers on how you made it so strong."

"Don't waste your time with Lilit, she can't even summon a frog properly. Teach me!" Another female mage blurted out, and soon others joined the mob of potential apprentices...only overshadowed by a sudden shout from Helena who was still speaking with someone. "What do you mean Hyperbole!?! Are you an idi...!" Helena suddenly choked on her words, seemingly remember who she was talking to. "I.....ughhhh....." Slapping her hands over her reddening face, Helena seemed suddenly on the verge of tears.

In the ensuring chaos of Anubis's appearance, Etrina had been left to watch in genuine amusement at each turn of events. It wasn't until a tug at her sleeve brought the young mages attention over to the mage that had greeted them at the table. "The Counsel is awaiting you in the meeting chamber."

"Only you and the Oni are permitted in the Counsel Chambers at this time." The Mage frowned. "The others will be sent to the waiting room until they are needed. There are safety concerns and.....disruptive elements that need be considered." The mage could not disguise a flicker of gaze over to Sarada and Asha'rah.
    Sarada felt herself getting agitated. These assholes were pestering Ishtar about being her apprentice. There was nothing Sarada wanted less than to see these vultures for any longer than she wanted to. "Hey, assholes," she shouted as she forced her way through the mob to reach the Oni. "She's not taking on any students, so **** off." The nerve of these people, just crowding around someone like a bunch of parasites.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rolling her eyes, "You're dating an intergalactic Ninja, for Goddess' sake. You used to enjoy our games of stealth foreplay before sex." Meagan sighed, "Even if I tried, I doubted I could have snapped you out of your inventor's madness with a simple hello." She then went to him, holding out a hand to help him up, "Not exactly the way I was hoping our reunion would go."
    He grins, pulls her down to him and kisses her, hard. His arms wrap around her and after a few minutes her breaks the kiss and smiles.

“Welcome back, love. I missed you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Well, I like his gusto. What else do you expect from a Dragon, eh, Ochazuke?"

Zaofan disappears in a burst of speed to try to keep up with his mentor, following him to their next destination. Though the spirit of the wolf flows through his veins, his mind and reflexes have not yet adjusted; so after some distance, Zaofan finds himself either stopping for breath in quicker interludes than before, or tripping on random obstacles and almost comically trying to maintain his balance, failing every other time. Still, he does not let that stop him.

Trying to keep pace with Samson, Zaofan reasons that it would be pointless to try to yell ahead of him; instead, he tracks Samson until he reaches a resting point quite some time later, and forces himself to catch up that way. "Where... >wheeze< ... where would the Spider's location be, Master? Where would be our next destination?"
    Balon is also exhausted.

“We need to master this technique first. Just that little bit left me nearly empty. We can worry about the Spider after you’ve mastered this and dealt with this Jagam fellow. I have a feeling each location will be challenging, and unlike Mara, potentially less friendly.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kai smiles and, to her amazement, responds back with his own series of croaks as he speaks her language.

‘Part of being who I am is an instinctive grasp of languages. Yours is quite challenging, please, forgive an accent I may have.’
    Praxat laughs and then smiles "saying it's quite all right." " I been think about a new technique." at first I thought maybe I could pump up my body with Ki but then I realize that might have complications. that cons might out weigh the pros. so I'm thinking I should focus on a technique that super charges my strikes with electricity and enhances my striking speed. "
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

He grins, pulls her down to him and kisses her, hard. His arms wrap around her and after a few minutes her breaks the kiss and smiles.

“Welcome back, love. I missed you.”
    Wrapping her arms around him, she kissed him back with a passionate hunger born of being apart for so long. Breaking the kiss, she smiles at him, "I missed you too."

From the doorway behind her, Meagan then hears the sounds of two voices whispering to each other. The voices were silenced when Adam pulls Cyanna and Dash away, giving the two lovers their privacy again.

With a slight, almost embarrassed sigh/laugh, "Guess who came back with me."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-09-2018 at 04:32 PM.

OOC: In case this was missed
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Spar..." The word sounded awkward on his tongue. Obviously, he knew what it meant, but it was apparent that he was not used to saying it in his everyday vocabulary. It should have applied to him, considering he was the most "organic" of the Last Call, but he had spent most of his time in missions and combat situations to really justify any additional training regimens.

Still, experience and natural ability could only get one so far, so perhaps some additional hard work would be needed for this upcoming conflict. "My skills may not contribute to an exciting or fair match, but I don't see any potential negative effects to attempting a spar."

"One invader after another..." Quila stated, nothing discernible with the matter-of-fact tone in his voice, "However, Jagam takes priority above all else as for this moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As strong as they possibly could may not have been enough. If what Tasure said was true and Jagam was a Super Saiyan, then no amount of training or hope or luck or whatever was going to save them from him. He was going to slaughter them all, and he would do it at his leisure.

That meant Ishtar...

No, she couldn't think that way. Getting negative and pessimistic wasn't going to achieve anything other than place undue and unnecessary stress and pressure on her shoulders. She had enough of that already just from sitting on a throne. Any more and she was liable to crack from it all and then failure would be all but assured at that point. She had to get stronger, not just physically, but mentally.

The key to victory was in the preparation. The readier she was ahead of time, the greater chance she had to achieve victory and free her people from this nightmarish shadow. With that in mind, she knew what she had to do. "I'm going to use one of the wishes from the dragon to obtain all the information on Jagam I can. If we're going to win, we need more than guesses and assumptions. We need hard facts and intel. The key to victory is in preparation, after all. We can't prepare if we don't know jack about our enemy. And that's our advantage. I reckon Jagam doesn't know anything about us. If we know everything about him, then that might be enough to swing the fight completely in our favor."

It was a brilliant idea, if she said so herself. And obvious, in hindsight. She was surprised she hadn't thought of it before.

"So," she continued as she dismissed the bodyguard who was onboard with them -- even as he grumbled something under his breath -- "that makes our wishes one, wish back the ones who were killed by Chris on the Lookout, and two, all information about Jagam. That leaves us with one. Unless someone else has something they want, is there anything you'd like to wish for?"

She sat down next to her love and rested her head on her shoulder while wrapped an arm around her waist. "All the money in the universe? Information on Genesis, maybe?"
    Ishtar nodded, when Sarada offered her response.

It was a smart idea, using one of those wishes to obtain information on Jagam, and perhaps his associate. Knowing what he was capable of before they actually were required to confront him would go a long ways toward successfully countering him when the time came. She also made another good point, he was- potentially- unaware of what his opposition would do, and what they actually could do ... and with all of that, there was yet a chance that they could come away from this long-awaited confrontation unscathed, and even if they didn't:

So long as Sarada survived it would be enough.

With that matter settled at the least however, the young Saiyan thankfully dismissed the bodyguard who had been eavesdropping for pretty much the entire journey, before she brought herself over to cuddle; and to ask a question Ishtar was in many ways not properly equipped to answer.

"What would I wish for ?" The Oni parroted softly, as she wrapped her own arm around her Love's waist.

"Well ... I have no use for more money, the Silvergloam Mine has well seen to that, so long as 'Intergalactic Credits' are the prevailing currency." Ishtar eventually responded to Sarada's question, though in a manner more closely in line with simply working through the question aloud than a definite response. "So I feel that would prove a waste. Genesis ... however ..." Ishtar trailed off. Genesis was far and away more of a concern than Marduk, Jagam, or even the vague threat Nergal may eventually pose- though highly unlikely- sealed away as he was. Yet what would be offered by this wish granting dragon ? The golden-eyed Oni already knew her aim,

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Seek.

Find.

Power.
    As strong as she was, that Genesis sought after more power, was frightening. She was, after all, so powerful there was little doubt in Ishtar's mind she was one of the- if not the- stronger mortals to exist on this side of life that was known to the Oni; and it was enough to where she might even prove a threat to the Aspects themselves. Wishing for the information on why the woman sought this was ... perhaps prudent. Though it would also inform the others of a potential threat the golden-eyed Oni had specifically kept quiet. The threats of Jagam, and the Death of Evangeline, and Jack Knave had been enough worry, and suffering. There had been little need to add more to it. To say nothing of the fact that Ishtar knew in a way what Genesis was after ... the strength to do what she felt she knew she must. A thing the Oni herself had gone searching for, and had only recently found the proper path...

Offering Sarada a sigh and gentle squeeze after a moment, Ishtar eventually picked up where she left off.

" ... Perhaps, though I have my concerns about asking for such now. Focusing on what is literally heading out to meet us, is more important than preparing for what will come after. It perhaps, can wait a year ... and if it cannot, I can find the answers on my own easily enough. I have touched minds with her ... I will find her again."

That answered, the golden-eyed Oni slowly pulled her thoughts back toward considering what she would wish for then; and after a short silence, the Oni's eyes widened slightly and she grew rapidly more embarrassed by the second before eventually managing to stammer out.

"I ... think I know."

Taking another moment to steady her breathing then, the Oni offered softly.

"It has certainly been a lingering thought in the past weeks ... and yet in light of certain developments ... perhaps ... perhaps I might wish for the means to reproduce with a ... a uh ... you."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Helena turned away and looked to be mentally communicating with something. At the same time a mage of short stature, looking to be at least two years Etrina's junior, gave two quick tugs on Ishtar's arm after breaking from the group accosting Anubis. "Excuse me miss....Your familiar is really cool. I don't suppose you...could give me some pointers on how you made it so strong."

Ishtar chose to ignore the fact that Anubis was reacting far better to his now fan group- the little Tulpa bouncing around and acting cute- than he ever did to the Oni herself. Though this certainly proved to emphasize why she was usually reticent to call upon the pup; it was really nothing more than a daemon with the mind of a dog.

... and that fact was certainly one of the Oni's few regrets when it came to magic.

Instead the Oni's attention was locked on Helena, who seemed rather close to tears. Apparently her 'mentor' had been filling her mind with grandiose notions, and things he certainly well should not have. Though given what he was- a minor deity- the Oni herself was hardly surprised. Most wished for higher than their station, and a following besides. Though ... this was certainly not the way Ishtar had expected Helena to react.

"Hm .."

There came a tug at Ishtar's arm before any kind of apology could be made however, and the Oni looked down to see a young mage, easily younger than Etrina herself. "Oh ... hel-" before she could get a word out edgewise however another mage cut her off blurting a slight toward this ... Lilit, before a horde of others quickly attempted to secure an ... apprenticeship ?

Ishtar blinked.

"Oh no no, plea-"

Helena started shouting then, clearly upset with her 'mentor', and the Oni realized very quickly that she probably should have kept her mouth shut. Having fun had certainly been the plan here, and yet now there was a considerable number of hungry mages, and one rather angry mage- who had just discovered she had authored two books on a subject she had been fed lies to- ... to say nothing of the Saiyan who might ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada felt herself getting agitated. These assholes were pestering Ishtar about being her apprentice. There was nothing Sarada wanted less than to see these vultures for any longer than she wanted to. "Hey, assholes," she shouted as she forced her way through the mob to reach the Oni. "She's not taking on any students, so **** off." The nerve of these people, just crowding around someone like a bunch of parasites.
    "It is as Sarada said, I am not looking for apprentices." Ishtar offered with a grimace, as Sarada started tossing the would-be apprentices away. "If for no other reason than the fact that I am quite busy .. to say nothing of the Saiyan who might kill you should you attempt to pursue this further." And Sarada certainly was mad ...

And while that was problematic for many reasons, it certainly served to arouse the golden-eyed Oni slightly ... "What a delightful mess I have made."

Turning toward Lilit quickly then, the Oni leaned forward and offered a response to her initial question, in a bid to prevent this from continuing toward a bubbling over point.

"As I was ... uh ... anyway. First, you must get strong enough in the manipulation of ambient magic- and the magical energy that permeates your very being- to perform spells that require an entire coven of mages." Ishtar explained. "When you are that strong, contact me, and I will teach only you, Lilit. You were the first to ask, and easily the most polite."

That said, and with the horde hopefully dispersed, Ishtar turned toward her love, Sarada and raised her hands.

"I have certainly had my fun ... I do believe I owe you for this."

Before Ishtar could finally get around to apologizing to Helena then, Etrina informed Ishtar that it was time for them to speak with the council. Unfortunately this 'summoning' was only meant for the two mages as well ... Sarada, and Asha'rah would have to remain behind in the waiting room, while Ishtar, and Etrina made their case for the Archives.

"I see." The golden-eyed Oni stated.

Moving over quickly to Sarada, Ishtar quickly pulled the Saiyan close, and into a deep kiss before eventually breaking it, and sighing. "I will be back soon, hopefully with permission to get what we need and depart."

Turning her attention toward Etrina and this as of yet unnamed mage, then, the golden-eyed Oni nodded.

"Ready when you are, Etrina."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan