Page 197 of 782 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Sarada felt herself getting agitated. These assholes were pestering Ishtar about being her apprentice. There was nothing Sarada wanted less than to see these vultures for any longer than she wanted to. "Hey, assholes," she shouted as she forced her way through the mob to reach the Oni. "She's not taking on any students, so fuck off." The nerve of these people, just crowding around someone like a bunch of parasites.
    "It is as Sarada said, I am not looking for apprentices." Ishtar offered with a grimace, as Sarada started tossing the would-be apprentices away. "If for no other reason than the fact that I am quite busy .. to say nothing of the Saiyan who might kill you should you attempt to pursue this further." And Sarada certainly was mad ...
    "Eeeeh!" A crowd of mages all let out a combined wail of disappointment, at least those that weren't shuffling backwards under Saradas glare. The point had been received loud and clear however, and given most of the mages already seemed hesitant to approach Sarada the entire lot was quick to back off when her displeasure was made known.

Turning toward Lilit quickly then, the Oni leaned forward and offered a response to her initial question, in a bid to prevent this from continuing toward a bubbling over point.

"As I was ... uh ... anyway. First, you must get strong enough in the manipulation of ambient magic- and the magical energy that permeates your very being- to perform spells that require an entire coven of mages." Ishtar explained. "When you are that strong, contact me, and I will teach only you, Lilit. You were the first to ask, and easily the most polite."
    "Really? I..I heard Onis only tell the truth so.....you can't be pulling my leg..." Lilit clasped her hands together and nodded. "Ok.....I'm Lilit Lilac, Don't forget about me ok. I..I'll definitely come find you......someday..." Lilit then clutched her spell tome, smiled and pranced off filled with determination. Should such promises pay out, only time would tell.

Before Ishtar could finally get around to apologizing to Helena then, Etrina informed Ishtar that it was time for them to speak with the council. Unfortunately this 'summoning' was only meant for the two mages as well ... Sarada, and Asha'rah would have to remain behind in the waiting room, while Ishtar, and Etrina made their case for the Archives.

"I see." The golden-eyed Oni stated.

Moving over quickly to Sarada, Ishtar quickly pulled the Saiyan close, and into a deep kiss before eventually breaking it, and sighing. "I will be back soon, hopefully with permission to get what we need and depart."

Turning her attention toward Etrina and this as of yet unnamed mage, then, the golden-eyed Oni nodded.

"Ready when you are, Etrina."
    "Ready as I can ever be for these things....Come on then." Etrina offered a nod, something of an apology for what would likely be an annoying event, before following behind the mage who led them beyond the chamber. Another pair of mages came forward from inside, passing along by the two and approaching Sarada and any of the others that had come with them, Erosa included, directing them towards another exit that likely led to the waiting room.

Erosa had been uncharacteristically quiet since her arrival, choosing only to carefully watch the others with a vary look. The only mages had kept their distance as well it seemed, perhaps due to a reputation the familiar had among the others.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar chose to ignore the fact that Anubis was reacting far better to his now fan group- the little Tulpa bouncing around and acting cute- than he ever did to the Oni herself. Though this certainly proved to emphasize why she was usually reticent to call upon the pup; it was really nothing more than a daemon with the mind of a dog.

... and that fact was certainly one of the Oni's few regrets when it came to magic.

Instead the Oni's attention was locked on Helena, who seemed rather close to tears. Apparently her 'mentor' had been filling her mind with grandiose notions, and things he certainly well should not have. Though given what he was- a minor deity- the Oni herself was hardly surprised. Most wished for higher than their station, and a following besides. Though ... this was certainly not the way Ishtar had expected Helena to react.

"Hm .."

There came a tug at Ishtar's arm before any kind of apology could be made however, and the Oni looked down to see a young mage, easily younger than Etrina herself. "Oh ... hel-" before she could get a word out edgewise however another mage cut her off blurting a slight toward this ... Lilit, before a horde of others quickly attempted to secure an ... apprenticeship ?

Ishtar blinked.

"Oh no no, plea-"

Helena started shouting then, clearly upset with her 'mentor', and the Oni realized very quickly that she probably should have kept her mouth shut. Having fun had certainly been the plan here, and yet now there was a considerable number of hungry mages, and one rather angry mage- who had just discovered she had authored two books on a subject she had been fed lies to- ... to say nothing of the Saiyan who might ...

"It is as Sarada said, I am not looking for apprentices." Ishtar offered with a grimace, as Sarada started tossing the would-be apprentices away. "If for no other reason than the fact that I am quite busy .. to say nothing of the Saiyan who might kill you should you attempt to pursue this further." And Sarada certainly was mad ...

And while that was problematic for many reasons, it certainly served to arouse the golden-eyed Oni slightly ... "What a delightful mess I have made."

Turning toward Lilit quickly then, the Oni leaned forward and offered a response to her initial question, in a bid to prevent this from continuing toward a bubbling over point.

"As I was ... uh ... anyway. First, you must get strong enough in the manipulation of ambient magic- and the magical energy that permeates your very being- to perform spells that require an entire coven of mages." Ishtar explained. "When you are that strong, contact me, and I will teach only you, Lilit. You were the first to ask, and easily the most polite."

That said, and with the horde hopefully dispersed, Ishtar turned toward her love, Sarada and raised her hands.

"I have certainly had my fun ... I do believe I owe you for this."
    While Sarada wanted to hold her to that and have her repay her in some way in the future, it wasn't necessarily her fault that these so-called "mages" had no manners or sense of personal space. They were no better than Saiyans were when they found someone who could give them a good fight. And it wasn't like Sarada had much room to talk; she was the same way when it came to fighting or finding someone she wanted to mate with.

Still, they needed to back off, and Sarada was going to splatter some brains across the floor if they chose not to heed her warning.

Probably not, but she was going to rattle some teeth and blacken some eyes.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I just want these dickholes to understand that you're off-limits." Of course, she said that after Ishtar offered to mentor one of those vultures once she got strong enough. Feh. Fine. Sarada supposed she would allow this, as long as this... whatever the fuck her name was stuck to this magic crap and nothing else.

Before Ishtar could finally get around to apologizing to Helena then, Etrina informed Ishtar that it was time for them to speak with the council. Unfortunately this 'summoning' was only meant for the two mages as well ... Sarada, and Asha'rah would have to remain behind in the waiting room, while Ishtar, and Etrina made their case for the Archives.

"I see." The golden-eyed Oni stated.

Moving over quickly to Sarada, Ishtar quickly pulled the Saiyan close, and into a deep kiss before eventually breaking it, and sighing. "I will be back soon, hopefully with permission to get what we need and depart."

Turning her attention toward Etrina and this as of yet unnamed mage, then, the golden-eyed Oni nodded.

"Ready when you are, Etrina."
    Shortly after all this ruckus, Etrina informed them that it was time. However, whereas Sarada assumed all three of them would be allowed to watch Etrina verbally perform fellatio on a gaggle of dusty old men, but only the young mage and Ishtar were allowed inside. Herself and Asha'rah had to wait in the waiting room. "Hey, what gives?! Why can't we go in, too?"

Any agitation she felt at being unfairly excluded from the proceedings was instantly whisked away when she was subjected to a deep, passionate kiss from her love. This agitation was, of course, instantly replaced by deep embarrassment when she realized others saw what had just happened. Her face felt hot, as did other areas. "Ah... um... heh. Ahem. Yes. I will see you when you two get out. I will be waiting in the waiting room with the goddess, so... see you soon."

She cleared her throat and watched Ishtar leave, closely, before accompanying the creation goddess to the waiting area. "The nerve of these clowns, making us wait like we aren't important," she fumed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    A collection of gasps, glares and bemused murmuring between the gathered mages was almost instantly overshadowed by the sudden flash mob of female mages who stormed around the newly summoned hound to heap praise and the occasional attempt at a belly rub. About the only one who didn't have anything to say about him was Helena, who had gone from excited, to amused, to surprised...then had descended straight past annoyed with the comment on her familiar and was was unconsciously biting her nail. "......but.....th...that can't be right. He told me.....I mean I......gods don't...Wait a moment."

Helena turned away and looked to be mentally communicating with something. At the same time a mage of short stature, looking to be at least two years Etrinas junior, gave two quick tugs on Ishtars arm after breaking from the group accosting Anubis. "Excuse me miss....Your familiar is really cool. I don't suppose you...could give me some pointers on how you made it so strong."

"Don't waste your time with Lilit, she can't even summon a frog properly. Teach me!" Another female mage blurted out, and soon others joined the mob of potential apprentices...only overshadowed by a sudden shout from Helena who was still speaking with someone. "What do you mean Hyperbole!?! Are you an idi...!" Helena suddenly choked on her words, seemingly remember who she was talking to. "I.....ughhhh....." Slapping her hands over her reddening face, Helena seemed suddenly on the verge of tears.

In the ensuring chaos of Anubis's appearance, Etrina had been left to watch in genuine amusement at each turn of events. It wasn't until a tug at her sleeve brought the young mages attention over to the mage that had greeted them at the table. "The Counsel is awaiting you in the meeting chamber."

"Oh, already? Very well...I'll gather my friends and..."

"Only you and the Oni are permitted in the Counsel Chambers at this time." The Mage frowned. "The others will be sent to the waiting room until they are needed. There are safety concerns and.....disruptive elements that need be considered." The mage could not disguise a flicker of gaze over to Sarada and Asha'rah.
    Asha’rah’s laughter carried along the halls, booming with a volume that belied her slender frame. There breathed no hostility in the sound, simply amusement, but it echoed in their ears with an almost otherworldly air. The list of beings capable of giving Asha'rah pause was a far shorter one than it had been a year before, and getting shorter.

“If wrath be incurred, young one, it will make little difference on what side of a door we stand.”

Golden rays flared beneath her. When they faded, a giant lotus flower was in full bloom at her feet and a body camera hung attached to Etrina’s clothes. She sat down upon her petal throne, prepared to wait.

“But if my immediate absence be the Council’s wish, we will humor them.”

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded, when Sarada offered her response.

It was a smart idea, using one of those wishes to obtain information on Jagam, and perhaps his associate. Knowing what he was capable of before they actually were required to confront him would go a long ways toward successfully countering him when the time came. She also made another good point, he was- potentially- unaware of what his opposition would do, and what they actually could do ... and with all of that, there was yet a chance that they could come away from this long-awaited confrontation unscathed, and even if they didn't:

So long as Sarada survived it would be enough.

With that matter settled at the least however, the young Saiyan thankfully dismissed the bodyguard who had been eavesdropping for pretty much the entire journey, before she brought herself over to cuddle; and to ask a question Ishtar was in many ways not properly equipped to answer.

"What would I wish for ?" The Oni parroted softly, as she wrapped her own arm around her Love's waist.

"Well ... I have no use for more money, the Silvergloam Mine has well seen to that, so long as 'Intergalactic Credits' are the prevailing currency." Ishtar eventually responded to Sarada's question, though in a manner more closely in line with simply working through the question aloud than a definite response. "So I feel that would prove a waste. Genesis ... however ..." Ishtar trailed off. Genesis was far and away more of a concern than Marduk, Jagam, or even the vague threat Nergal may eventually pose- though highly unlikely- sealed away as he was. Yet what would be offered by this wish granting dragon ? The golden-eyed Oni already knew her aim,

As strong as she was, that Genesis sought after more power, was frightening. She was, after all, so powerful there was little doubt in Ishtar's mind she was one of the- if not the- stronger mortals to exist on this side of life that was known to the Oni; and it was enough to where she might even prove a threat to the Aspects themselves. Wishing for the information on why the woman sought this was ... perhaps prudent. Though it would also inform the others of a potential threat the golden-eyed Oni had specifically kept quiet. The threats of Jagam, and the Death of Evangeline, and Jack Knave had been enough worry, and suffering. There had been little need to add more to it. To say nothing of the fact that Ishtar knew in a way what Genesis was after ... the strength to do what she felt she knew she must. A thing the Oni herself had gone searching for, and had only recently found the proper path...

Offering Sarada a sigh and gentle squeeze after a moment, Ishtar eventually picked up where she left off.

" ... Perhaps, though I have my concerns about asking for such now. Focusing on what is literally heading out to meet us, is more important than preparing for what will come after. It perhaps, can wait a year ... and if it cannot, I can find the answers on my own easily enough. I have touched minds with her ... I will find her again."

That answered, the golden-eyed Oni slowly pulled her thoughts back toward considering what she would wish for then; and after a short silence, the Oni's eyes widened slightly and she grew rapidly more embarrassed by the second before eventually managing to stammer out.

"I ... think I know."

Taking another moment to steady her breathing then, the Oni offered softly.

"It has certainly been a lingering thought in the past weeks ... and yet in light of certain developments ... perhaps ... perhaps I might wish for the means to reproduce with a ... a uh ... you."
    BGM - Deep Space (Electric Skyy)

Ishtar fell into a silent rumination as she pondered over what her wish would be. It was a deceptively difficult question. There was likely not a whole lot she wanted, given that she had lived for thousands (millions?) of years and had seen it all. Still, Sarada was keenly interested in what a woman who held no value in worldly possessions would wish for if given the chance.

With her Oni quietly thinking, and with it just being the two of them, Sarada closed her eyes and allowed her mind to drift. The ship's cabin was quiet. The only two other people on board were the lone bodyguard and the ship's pilot, a woman named Pepprika. This gave her ample silence to meditate on things. Not the future, as she had already thought about that enough to make herself sick with the scores of what-ifs and maybes that plagued ponderings over the events that had yet to unfold. No, she focused on the present and how fortunate she was to have met someone like the woman she was entangled with.

Someone so old and so otherworldly, even by her own standards, shouldn't have found someone like Sarada worthy enough to give not just her companionship to, but also her unquestioned love and affection. That Sarada reciprocated that love without fear of embarrassment, even going so far as to admit her desire to bear her children out loud to someone else -- never mind the fact that Maiz had always been easy to talk to and divulge her deepest thoughts to -- only provided undeniable evidence of the bond these two shared.

She could safely say she had never felt this way about anyone, and when she said she had never been happier, it was the truth. There was nothing in life she wanted more than to spend the rest of her life with Ishtar.

When her Oni spoke again, Sarada's eyes blinked open. She recalled being told that Ishtar owned Dusk City and the mine held within, so money was of no concern. Even if it wasn't, Sarada's royal salary would have been enough to satisfy both their material desires several dozen times over. Information on Genesis, oddly, could wait until the next year, or perhaps even longer.

What Ishtar stated her wish would be was not surprising, but still made the Saiyan's heart beat like a war drum. She wanted to have children, too, and would use the third wish to make it possible.

Maiz was right -- they weren't genetically compatible. Yet.

The fact that Ishtar couldn't get her pregnant yet -- and it being impossible for Sarada to get pregnant until she was eighteen, anyway -- filled her mind with scores of filthy, lecherous thoughts. She shook those free from her mind, then grinned happily. "Nothing would make me happier than to carry your child," she replied honestly. She leaned up and kissed her jawline, then the side of her mouth. "And the best part is that I'll start ovulating when I'm eighteen, so we can start as soon as we're ready."

Naturally, the child would be reared by someone else. Sarada may have wanted to carry the child, but she had no desire or time to actually take care of it. Of course, she'd spend time with it; she didn't want their relationship to mirror that of her and her mother and Maiz.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Really? I..I heard Onis only tell the truth so.....you can't be pulling my leg..." Lilit clasped her hands together and nodded. "Ok.....I'm Lilit Lilac, Don't forget about me ok. I..I'll definitely come find you......someday..." Lilit then clutched her spell tome, smiled and pranced off filled with determination. Should such promises pay out, only time would tell.
    "I look forward to it, Lilit." Ishtar offered with a wave, as the oddly dressed Mage bounced off.

"Ready as I can ever be for these things....Come on then." Etrina offered a nod, something of an apology for what would likely be an annoying event, before following behind the mage who led them beyond the chamber. Another pair of mages came forward from inside, passing along by the two and approaching Sarada and any of the others that had come with them, Erosa included, directing them towards another exit that likely led to the waiting room.

Erosa had been uncharacteristically quiet since her arrival, choosing only to carefully watch the others with a vary look. The only mages had kept their distance as well it seemed, perhaps due to a reputation the familiar had among the others.
    Ishtar followed behind Etrina and the guide mage out of the chamber they were in. What was in store for her with this council remained to be seen ... but worse case- absolute worst case- she'd simply take what she needed. Though with Etrina's level of confidence, such seemed unlikely. That she was here solely to access the archives too, was similar a secondary aim. Sworn to secrecy from everyone- even Sarada- the Oni still carried with her that fragment of Magicite offered her by Chrona, some weeks before, and the game, played between herself, Chrona, and Fate Itself- whomever it was- had begun in earnest the moment she had arrived at Etrina's abode to make ready to leave.

With no knowing just when the Magicite would trigger, however, it was almost a worrisome thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

After leading the two a short distance inside, they are motioned to enter a doorway that appeared to lead outside.

A salty sea breeze blew gently over the two as they emerged onto a small plot of grass, clouds billowed around the edges and nothing could be seen but a horizon of white in all directions. Where they were was impossible to tell, but it gave Ishtar and Etrina a similar sense to their many visits to the dimensional space where Eve had trained them many months ago. There were no tables, chairs or landmarks of note, just a field of green and 5 figures that stood quietly awaiting their arrival.

Upon eyeing one from a distance, Etrina leaned towards Ishtar. "So..Just a heads up. The Counsel of archmagi are a weird lot looks wise.....but none of them are particularly bad, despite how they look."

The five, obviously of high standing among mages, stood in a semicircle and seemed to each be doing their own thing as they waited. Only the central figure watch the two approach with any sort of vested interest, a aged man well into his life and then some. Once they approached close enough he raised his hand and smiled. "Etrina Stoltengarde, Welcome. It is wonderful to see your doing so well."

*Mages from left to right*
    1 2 3 4 5

The other Arch mages turned their attention to the two as soon as the central figure spoke. The archmage who spoke bowed his head and then turned to Ishtar with a twinkle in his eye. "And you...Welcome. Ahh it is been almost an age since I lay eyes on one of your kind. Ishtar was it? The Counsel welcomes you both.

"Archmage Kinsington." Etrina greeted the man in return. "Your starting to look older then Mortello, and he's looking younger then usual." Etrina passed a side glance at the far right figure whom regarded the two of eyeless sockets before letting out a laugh that one would never imagine come forth from its flesh less face. "Ahhahaha....typical Stoltengarde attack. Start with the sweet talk and then blindside them once they drop their guard."

If one closed their eyes, you could almost imagine the voice of a young gentleman, and not the rotten animated corpse that was doing the talking.

"Your thinking of my father." Etrina retorted, then sighed.

"Pity he could not be here today." Kinsington nodded. "But it would be in poor taste for a family member to sit on counsel for this. In any event.....Please have a seat."

The two would realize that where there had been nothing before, rather relaxing chairs had sprung forth from the ether. Chairs had similarly appeared for the archmages. Once everyone had either taken a seat or not(in the case of at lease two of the archmagi) the old man continued.

"The Counsel is well aware of the intent of this meeting, but it is customary for the petitioner to state their request for the record. Also, since this is your first time young oni...if you have any questions, the counsel would be pleased to see to your inquires........Hmmm..." Kinsington eyed the viewing device that Asha'rah had attached to Etrinas Clothes, but made no move beyond that. In fact, he seemed rather amused. "Hoho....how interesting.....I'm sorry. Please continue."

"Ahh yes....of course." Etrina eyed Ishtar a moment to make sure she had anything she wished to say,

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    BGM - Deep Space (Electric Skyy)

Ishtar fell into a silent rumination as she pondered over what her wish would be. It was a deceptively difficult question. There was likely not a whole lot she wanted, given that she had lived for thousands (millions?) of years and had seen it all. Still, Sarada was keenly interested in what a woman who held no value in worldly possessions would wish for if given the chance.

With her Oni quietly thinking, and with it just being the two of them, Sarada closed her eyes and allowed her mind to drift. The ship's cabin was quiet. The only two other people on board were the lone bodyguard and the ship's pilot, a woman named Pepprika. This gave her ample silence to meditate on things. Not the future, as she had already thought about that enough to make herself sick with the scores of what-ifs and maybes that plagued ponderings over the events that had yet to unfold. No, she focused on the present and how fortunate she was to have met someone like the woman she was entangled with.

Someone so old and so otherworldly, even by her own standards, shouldn't have found someone like Sarada worthy enough to give not just her companionship to, but also her unquestioned love and affection. That Sarada reciprocated that love without fear of embarrassment, even going so far as to admit her desire to bear her children out loud to someone else -- never mind the fact that Maiz had always been easy to talk to and divulge her deepest thoughts to -- only provided undeniable evidence of the bond these two shared.

She could safely say she had never felt this way about anyone, and when she said she had never been happier, it was the truth. There was nothing in life she wanted more than to spend the rest of her life with Ishtar.

When her Oni spoke again, Sarada's eyes blinked open. She recalled being told that Ishtar owned Dusk City and the mine held within, so money was of no concern. Even if it wasn't, Sarada's royal salary would have been enough to satisfy both their material desires several dozen times over. Information on Genesis, oddly, could wait until the next year, or perhaps even longer.

What Ishtar stated her wish would be was not surprising, but still made the Saiyan's heart beat like a war drum. She wanted to have children, too, and would use the third wish to make it possible.

Maiz was right -- they weren't genetically compatible. Yet.

The fact that Ishtar couldn't get her pregnant yet -- and it being impossible for Sarada to get pregnant until she was eighteen, anyway -- filled her mind with scores of filthy, lecherous thoughts. She shook those free from her mind, then grinned happily. "Nothing would make me happier than to carry your child," she replied honestly. She leaned up and kissed her jawline, then the side of her mouth. "And the best part is that I'll start ovulating when I'm eighteen, so we can start as soon as we're ready."

Naturally, the child would be reared by someone else. Sarada may have wanted to carry the child, but she had no desire or time to actually take care of it. Of course, she'd spend time with it; she didn't want their relationship to mirror that of her and her mother and Maiz.
    As embarrassed as Ishtar continued to be after admitting what she wished for, more than anything else; it was a relief to hear Sarada's response:

Nothing would make me happier ...

Of course the Oni had known for some time that her love was considering it, or at the very least was unconcerned over their future ... after all, it had been a silent truth between the two since those few days after the Tournament, that eventually their pairing would be for 'life'. Which meant that eventually- be it through magic, or some other means- finding a way to reproduce would have been necessary. Yet to hear it expressed verbally and to feel the emotion behind it was just so ... comforting.

When Sarada kissed her then, and mentioned that there was certainly time yet to, and that they could begin whenever they wished was similarly, an easing of the burden of necessity.

"That is fantastic to hear, my Little Love."

Returning the kisses offered in kind, then, Ishtar fell silent a moment before saying, softly.

"One more thing worth mentioning, perhaps ... Ereshkigal, and Nunlil have not responded to my attempts at contact for some weeks. I did not say anything given all that has transpired ... and yet you know well, Marduk hunts her and I. That I have been unable to do much beyond attempt to locate the duo, and await our return ... has certainly added to the necessity of returning to Earth."

Ishtar muttered a curse under her breath before shrugging her shoulders.

"Just something to be aware of moving forward."

Making a note of the stars outside of the viewing window then, the golden-eyed Oni offered her love another kiss and a soft- if concerned- smile.

"In any case ... We are almost there, if my memory holds true. And above all else, I look forward to training, and securing, and protecting, our future together."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He grins, pulls her down to him and kisses her, hard. His arms wrap around her and after a few minutes her breaks the kiss and smiles.

“Welcome back, love. I missed you.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wrapping her arms around him, she kissed him back with a passionate hunger born of being apart for so long. Breaking the kiss, she smiles at him, "I missed you too."

From the doorway behind her, Meagan then hears the sounds of two voices whispering to each other. The voices were silenced when Adam pulls Cyanna and Dash away, giving the two lovers their privacy again.

With a slight, almost embarrassed sigh/laugh, "Guess who came back with me."
    Looking up, "So, what are you working on that had you so obsessed?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi helps them both up and grins.

“Faster armored ship. Presuming it doesn’t blow up do to the.....prototype.....engine Adam and I designed, she’ll be faster than anything in space. Not even the GP will be able to catch m.....ahem.., I mean, not even they’ll be able to match its speed.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat laughs and then smiles "saying it's quite all right." " I been think about a new technique." at first I thought maybe I could pump up my body with Ki but then I realize that might have complications. that cons might out weigh the pros. so I'm thinking I should focus on a technique that super charges my strikes with electricity and enhances my striking speed. "
    “It just so happens that Inmyself can enhance ki with elemental properties. This shall be interesting.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: In case this was missed
    -------
    “Indeed. Any assistance is appreciated.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi helps them both up and grins.

“Faster armored ship. Presuming it doesn’t blow up do to the.....prototype.....engine Adam and I designed, she’ll be faster than anything in space. Not even the GP will be able to catch m.....ahem.., I mean, not even they’ll be able to match its speed.”
    Allowing Jinzi to help her back to her feet, Meagan gives the ship a look over, "Did Adam copy the technology in the Temple? If so, it probably could outrun anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Allowing Jinzi to help her back to her feet, Meagan gives the ship a look over, "Did Adam copy the technology in the Temple? If so, it probably could outrun anything."

“Partially from there, yes. The rest is my own design.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After leading the two a short distance inside, they are motioned to enter a doorway that appeared to lead outside.

A salty sea breeze blew gently over the two as they emerged onto a small plot of grass, clouds billowed around the edges and nothing could be seen but a horizon of white in all directions. Where they were was impossible to tell, but it gave Ishtar and Etrina a similar sense to their many visits to the dimensional space where Eve had trained them many months ago. There were no tables, chairs or landmarks of note, just a field of green and 5 figures that stood quietly awaiting their arrival.

Upon eyeing one from a distance, Etrina leaned towards Ishtar. "So..Just a heads up. The Counsel of archmagi are a weird lot looks wise.....but none of them are particularly bad, despite how they look."

The five, obviously of high standing among mages, stood in a semicircle and seemed to each be doing their own thing as they waited. Only the central figure watch the two approach with any sort of vested interest, a aged man well into his life and then some. Once they approached close enough he raised his hand and smiled. "Etrina Stoltengarde, Welcome. It is wonderful to see your doing so well."

*Mages from left to right*
    1 2 3 4 5

The other Arch mages turned their attention to the two as soon as the central figure spoke. The archmage who spoke bowed his head and then turned to Ishtar with a twinkle in his eye. "And you...Welcome. Ahh it is been almost an age since I lay eyes on one of your kind. Ishtar was it? The Counsel welcomes you both.

"Archmage Kinsington." Etrina greeted the man in return. "Your starting to look older then Mortello, and he's looking younger then usual." Etrina passed a side glance at the far right figure whom regarded the two of eyeless sockets before letting out a laugh that one would never imagine come forth from its flesh less face. "Ahhahaha....typical Stoltengarde attack. Start with the sweet talk and then blindside them once they drop their guard."

If one closed their eyes, you could almost imagine the voice of a young gentleman, and not the rotten animated corpse that was doing the talking.

"Your thinking of my father." Etrina retorted, then sighed.

"Pity he could not be here today." Kinsington nodded. "But it would be in poor taste for a family member to sit on counsel for this. In any event.....Please have a seat."

The two would realize that where there had been nothing before, rather relaxing chairs had sprung forth from the ether. Chairs had similarly appeared for the archmages. Once everyone had either taken a seat or not(in the case of at lease two of the archmagi) the old man continued.

"The Counsel is well aware of the intent of this meeting, but it is customary for the petitioner to state their request for the record. Also, since this is your first time young oni...if you have any questions, the counsel would be pleased to see to your inquires........Hmmm..." Kinsington eyed the viewing device that Asha'rah had attached to Etrinas Clothes, but made no move beyond that. In fact, he seemed rather amused. "Hoho....how interesting.....I'm sorry. Please continue."

"Ahh yes....of course." Etrina eyed Ishtar a moment to make sure she had anything she wished to say,
    As Ishtar stepped through yet another doorway, and was greeted by what lay beyond; she certainly was not surprised by how ostentatious it was ... To say nothing of the souls- five interestingly dressed mages- who had felt it necessary to put this on.

It was of some small interest that they were not unfriendly, however. Though perhaps that was the intent.

In any event, after the short greeting, and wordplay between Etrina, and what was undoubtedly a Lich, the golden-eyed Oni fixed eyes on the speaker- an Elder Mage who seemed familiar with her kin- and waited patiently for him to finish so that she could ask the two questions most pressing.

"First I believe it is only fair I thank you for this ... audience," Ishtar began slowly, choosing to remain standing in favor of curiously pacing the small circumference of their platform.

"That said ... Which of you decided this approach to our introduction ?" The Oni asked then, gesturing to the space around them.

"Archmage Mortello, is of far more interest to me, than what I have witnessed thus far; and it would have piqued my curiosity far more had I known." The golden-eyed Oni said then, gaze moving over r toward the man who encased his soul in fetid flesh.

"Necromancy is old, and oft-forgotten, for a reason."

Gaze lingering a moment, Ishtar eventually sighed before shaking her head.

"That said, I understand that I am a newcomer to the ways of Earth, and even more so its magics. I do not know the rules, and in truth I would likely not care for them in the face of my own curiosity." The Oni offered somewhat apologetically. "So my second question is this:

What would you know of me ?"

Arx Inosaan

“Partially from there, yes. The rest is my own design.”
    "A little bit from here.." Meagan waves on hand casually, "a little bit from there..." she then waved her other hand, "and a whole lot from here." as she spoke, she turned to Jinzi with a smile, running her hand playfully through his already messed up hair.

Looking back at the ship, "It seems like you are expecting to make a run for it. Which reminds me, I met up with a Saiyan Engineer who had some not so kind words about you."