Page 199 of 782 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

Progressing the story, it is now time to arrive at the Lookout. Presume Sarada and company landed just as the time arrived to summon the dragon.
    In the distance on the lookout, a light could be seen shooting out, blasting tiles off the lookout's roof and turning them into piles of popcorn...
    Last edited by KingofPie; 08-11-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

After many days of flying alone through space, with nothing but her own self-deprecating thoughts to keep her occupied, Parsley finally arrived on Earth. One glance told her that nothing had changed; it was still the same boring, unappealing hovel it was when she left. Still, it was a change of scenery, which she was desperately seeking at the moment.

If I'm not mistaken, I should search for the one called Kai to find this Lookout. She opened her senses and found the temporary Guardian of Earth easily enough. Reaching his place of dwelling only took a few moments. She flew at full speed, unwilling to be distracted for even a moment. The less she saw of this pathetic world and its primitive people, the better. The sooner she could start training again, the better. During her month or so traveling with Avoca, her funk had prevented her from making much positive headway. She was certain Sarada had also slacked off in her training, but was likely still far ahead of her.

Damn it. Damn it all.

Moments after departing, Parsley arrived on the Lookout. There were several people there already, and she could sense her sister and her pet's imminent arrival. She remained on the edge of the Lookout, looking down on the planet below and taking in all the horrifically low power levels. How has a world this weak not been conquered yet? The Saiyans have known of this world for years, yet it remains free. Is it so insignificant that even galactic conquerors deem it unfit to waste their time and resources on? Even a child can rule this place as a king.

A pity. She would take this world over right now if it wasn't illegal, thanks to Mato.

"Tch."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    A distance away form the summoned dragon a small balst could be seen, blasting tiles off the lookout's roof, turning them into piles of popcorn...
    She sighed heavily. "I haven't been here thirty seconds and this damn place is already grinding my nerves to a nub."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT:

Dragon isn’t there yet. Jinzi hasn’t arrived with them all just yet.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 08-11-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Default The Power of Hate: Finale

Charco woke, the aches from his body greeting him like an old friend. The heat from a crackling fire and the scent of stew brewing in a cast iron pot followed and slowly did his brain begin to finally register his surroundings. As he'd recall, he had been clawing at the mud and salt, but now he found himself resting upon a pile of fur pelts within what appeared to be a cave of sorts. Basic furnishings, handmade from various sources, told the tale of someone having long since dwelled in this cavern. There was even a small bookcase filled with tomes and scrolls, along with a familiar black bundle the boy had last seen tossed against the ground. Hearing movement, he sat up and looked towards the source, only to find the old hermit.

"About time you woke." The old man said, busying himself by making tea, "I hate being hospitable, so be grateful, boy."

"I'm not sure how to feel about your "hospitality" in the first place. You usually don't try to kill your guest before offering tea." The boy grumbled. Poepayne placed a cup of tea in front of Charco before taking a seat in his chair.

"Pain and despair... they are a bitter medicine, but they make you stronger in the end. I wanted to remind you of this because it is during those moments of weakness that He will exploit you... as I'm sure you already know."

Charco bit his tongue, hating to admit that the old geezer was right. Each time, Rex had waited until he was at his lowest of lows before making his move, and so far, he had been successful in nearly all attempts. "So it's true then, what you said about death being the only cure?"

The old man seemed amused for a brief moment with that question before answering, "Yes, that was no lie. Those of us afflicted with the spirit will never rid ourselves of him; yet, to consider him a curse is to be as equally foolish as to consider him an ally." Poepayne's singular eye focused on the surface of his tea and the reflection it gave off, "Rex is a trial for us to endure and surpass, just like any other aspect of life. Some choose to avoid him altogether, others ignore him through strict discipline and willpower, while others succumb to his power and are cut down..."

"...and which did you choose?"

"I chose another path: the path of hatred and revenge. Rex did not attempt to possess me because we were already aligned when it came to our desires. By the time my vengeance was complete, he had no use for me and ever since that day, his presence has all but vanished. As for me, I became what you see now: a bitter old man who exiled himself away from everything he once held dear."

For a brief moment, Charco could see the look of pain and regret in the old hermit's eye, but its visit was not long for this world. "I chose to hate the world that rejected my love. As meaningless as my existence is today, I live on to spite those who spat at me with accusations and betrayal. It was through the power of hate that I endured Rex, but for you, it might be different. There is no exact answer to your question."

Far from what he was hoping, the boy quietly drank the tea offered to him. His journey had been for naught, but in the end, he felt the slightest bit of hope for his future. Perhaps it was for the best. "Thank you..." Charco said, "I'll leave first thing in the morning." In response, the old man cackled, bringing forth confusion.

"Did you think you could disturb my peace and walk away without repercussions?" Downing his cup, Poepayne stood from his seat, "You chose to travel to the very ends of the world to pester me for such an inane reason, so it is only right I that punish your stupidity. We'll begin your training in the morning."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

Dragon isn’t there yet. Jinzi hasn’t arrived with them all just yet.
    OT: Edited...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She sighed heavily. "I haven't been here thirty seconds and this damn place is already grinding my nerves to a nub."
    A piece of popcorn was flung towards Parsley's head.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 08-11-2018 at 08:00 PM.

OOC: KoP - That's Sarada's sister, Parsley, not Sarada.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: KoP - That's Sarada's sister, Parsley, not Sarada.
    OOC: Whoops, that what I get for attempting to multitask. I'll edit.

OT: Edited...

A piece of popcorn was flung towards Parsley's head.
    Oh joy, and now this. Parsley caught the piece of popcorn and looked at it critically. It didn't seem to be dangerous in any way, and she hadn't eaten in the last day or so. Shrugging, she ate it.

"Better than bug people."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Oh joy, and now this. Parsley caught the piece of popcorn and looked at it critically. It didn't seem to be dangerous in any way, and she hadn't eaten in the last day or so. Shrugging, she ate it.

Dash had been inside the Lookout's Temple. Deciding to go out to the Plaza, she noticed the Saiyan woman who looked something like Sarada but wasn't. Sensing something or someone else nearby, she looked up to see the roof of the building damaged. "Now that's strange." She thought out loud.

That one piece of popcorn was followed by another....and another....and then a pile of popcorn seemd to cascade o nthe roof towards Parsley...

Dash had been inside the Lookout's Temple. Deciding to go out to the Plaza, she noticed the Saiyan woman who looked something like Sarada but wasn't. Sensing something or someone else nearby, she looked up to see the roof of the building damaged. "Now that's strange." She thought out loud.

...As well as Dash.

And maybe, just maybe...there was a small ki blast or two hidden among the piles of miniature kernels.

That one piece of popcorn was followed by another....and another....and then a pile of popcorn seemd to cascade o nthe roof towards Parsley...

...As well as Dash.

And maybe, just maybe...there was a small ki blast or two hidden among the piles of miniature kernels.
    In a blink of blinding speed, Dash takes to air. As she does, lightening strikes the roof that is now covered in Popcorn, electricity playing across the tile-work. "Show yourself."

It is at that time that Cyanna exits the building. "Hey, what's going on?" she calls out.

...As well as Dash.

The next several pieces were devoured without question. After that and after her hunger was sated, the remaining cascade of popped corn had quick to wear thin on her nerves. She rose into the air, just a few feet above the Lookout plaza, and tracked where the popcorn was coming from. "Hm. There you are, you little nuisance."

Her target acquired, she fired Dark Spiral, a thin dark beam that wormed its way through the popcorn to stay hidden until it pierced through the originator.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In a blink of blinding speed, Dash takes to air. As she does, lightening strikes the roof that is now covered in Popcorn, electricity playing across the tile-work. "Show yourself."

It is at that time that Cyanna exits the building. "Hey, what's going on?" she calls out.
    The next several pieces were devoured without question. After that and after her hunger was sated, the remaining cascade of popped corn had quick to wear thin on her nerves. She rose into the air, just a few feet above the Lookout plaza, and tracked where the popcorn was coming from. "Hm. There you are, you little nuisance."

Her target acquired, she fired Dark Spiral, a thin dark beam that wormed its way through the popcorn to stay hidden until it pierced through the originator.
    "What in the blue hell?!" a deep voice exclaimed as the figure it belonged to was suddenly blasted away off the rooftop at first with a sudden surge of lightning and then suddenly impaled with a dark beam of energy through his shoulder.

The figure, appeared to be a strange navy blue man, with two long antennae on his head and a fin in the middle and long catfish-like whiskers on his face. He was around six feet tall and appeared to have some sort of armor around his body. He also sported a red cape and armored yellow and black gloves and white pants. The gold plated M on his belt and his black eyes with red irises clearly denoted him as a Majin.

"Great Kaioshin..." the Majin stated, dusting himself off, irritably., before obnoxiously glancing from the roof, still surging slightly with electricity and the now healing hole on his shoulder. "Sasheem tries to keep you people are your damn toes and this is the thanks he gets?" he asked indignantly. "What's wrong with you people?! Don't you know a villain's coming?" he stated, flashing a smirk.

Multiple sources of data began to emerge, filtered through organic and electronic senses. Strong, yet chaotic with one of them even beginning to antagonize the others, it was just as he predicted from previous intel. The percentile of mission success took a hit, but it was far from the direst of situations. The group's strength would just need to be enough to compensate for their disorganization.

Rising from his seat of meditation from within one of the lookout's buildings, he made his way outside where he would be greeted by the light of day. To those assembling, they would simply notice a small child stepping outside, if they noticed in the first place, thanks to his lack of readable ki signature.

"We will need more than this." He stated aloud in observation. Most of those he saw did not match the information provided to him prior, leaving him to the obvious conclusion that most of them had not yet arrived. Nonpunctuality was another symptom of disorganization.

Hopefully, they had taken the threat of Jagam seriously, or else they would be in trouble.

"What in the blue hell?!" a deep voice exclaimed as the figure it belonged to was suddenly blasted away off the rooftop at first with a sudden surge of lightning and then suddenly impaled with a dark beam of energy through his shoulder.

The figure, appeared to be a strange navy blue man, with two long antennae on his head and a fin in the middle and long catfish-like whiskers on his face. He was around six feet tall and appeared to have some sort of armor around his body. He also sported a red cape and armored yellow and black gloves and white pants. The gold plated M on his belt and his black eyes with red irises clearly denoted him as a Majin.

"Great Kaioshin..." the Majin stated, dusting himself off, irritably., before obnoxiously glancing from the roof, still surging slightly with electricity and the now healing hole on his shoulder. "Sasheem tries to keep you people are your damn toes and this is the thanks he gets?" he asked indignantly. "What's wrong with you people?! Don't you know a villain's coming?" he stated, flashing a smirk.
    OOC: Note that Dash has no idea who Sasheem is.

IC: Looking at this stranger, "You sure had better stop talking in riddles and explain yourself. We don't take kindly to strangers sneaking up on us and throwing food around."