Page 2 of 782 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 11718
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna had been enjoying--or more precisely, tolerating--the meager culinary efforts of one of this primitive planet's chefs at a restaurant in Capital city when her entire world went white. When she came to, she found herself in the same environs, alone. She glanced around, her amethyst eyes taking in the situation.

    Odd. Most odd. Perhaps the only good thing she could have said about this establishment before was that it was kept quite clean, yet now it appeared as if a great battle had been waged inside of it. For things to have changed so quickly...

    She sighed, stood up, and exited the ruined eatery. The outside... looked even worse. Ruined, with a drab, oppressive atmosphere. How curious. Either she had been caught in some grand illusion from the moment of her arrival on this planet--possible, but unlikely, she surmised--or, far more likely, she'd been drawn into... some sort of peculiar situation. Was she alone, she wondered?

    Stretching out her senses, she quickly determined that no, she was not. They were quite a distance from her, but there were some individuals with some meager levels of power left in this world. It was quite chilling, however, to extend one's senses this far and feel but a few meager powers on a world that had, just moment before, been bustling with life.

    Ah, now what course of action to take? Stay here and hope that those powers congregate in this central location or head out to meet one of them? Oh, but what if they were hostile? Swatting gnats in a dead world was not her idea of an enjoyable time, after all.

    Then again, she had found these primitives remarkably welcoming--naive on their part, but it made moving about unnoticed quite the simple task. The others stuck in this monochrome world with her were likely what passed for fighters among savages, so they were certain to be more aggressive, but if they had any sense, they'd recognize that working for her to find a solution to... this was a far more intelligent solution than striking out like a scared brute.

    Hm.

    She would wait and monitor the other powers, to see how they'd react to this situation. In the meantime, she would retrieve her armaments from those... capsule devices she had acquired shortly after arriving on this planet--ingenious devices, though it had taken her but a few minutes to understand the technology behind them--so that she would be as prepared for battle as she could be... just in case worse came to worst.

    A flash strikes through Zaofan's senses. It's large. But he isn't sure if it's large because it's powerful, or if it seems that way because it's the only other ki signature in the area. Nonetheless, he sprints forward to a familiar place, only to find it in ruins, and a figure standing in it.

    "YOU."

    Zaofan raises Bojack to an offensive stance, enraged and confused. "That is -- was -- Chef Sabidi's main restaurant. Among the finest in region. Magnifique. And now it's gone. Just like the rest of the city! Who are you? What's happened here?!"

  2. #17
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,040

    Default

    Neva and Zaofan see a ship, P-sta’s, heading towards a crash landing in the middle of Capital City.

    ——-

    Ishtar and Sarada also realize that theLookout isn’t moving. It seems to be stationary nearing Capital City.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #18
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When Sarada finally appeared, she confirmed what Ishtar had already felt deep down. That there had been a struggle here, and in those that remained, Evangeline, and the Ronin Kai, had lost. That they were nowhere to be found however ... was troubling.

    When the Saiyan suggested they seek out Mr. Pantaloon then, the Oni offered a nod, before responding. "As good a plan as any ... though I will need to be carried. If you do not mind."

    It was a method of travel Ishtar was not fond of- even if it was Sarada- and under any other circumstance she would have simply followed behind ... but the feeling of unease, and worse yet, familiarity; that could be felt by Sarada explained what Ishtar chose not to.
    When Sarada emerged from the main building and spoke, Ishtar was there was with a response and that… strange looking animal at her side. Anubis, if she remembered correctly. A few months ago, Ishtar explained that she summoned the creature using one of the spells she had been researching, which required her to cut herself open and bleed all over the summoning circle -- which explained why Sarada felt that sudden pain in her hand. The creature's first act of life was to tackle its new master through a wall -- which also explained why Sarada felt that sudden throb in her back.

    What a curious form it had, but that wasn't a pressing concern at the moment.

    Ishtar agreed that going to Capsule Corp was the way to go, the only caveat being she needed to be carried. Oh right, she can't flight.

    "That won't be an issue." She grinned and scooped the Oni up in her arms. "Hang on tight. I'm a lot faster than I was before." With that, she and her two passengers rocketed into the air, in the direction that she hoped would lead them to Capsule Corp.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-07-2018 at 04:25 PM.

  4. #19
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Sarada emerged from the main building and spoke, Ishtar was there was with a response and a… strange looking animal at her side. It was as black as night with its skull exposed? No, it was the skull of another placed on its head.

    Weird, but not a pressing concern at the moment.

    Ishtar agreed that going to Capsule Corp was the way to go, the only caveat being she needed to be carried. Oh right, she can't flight.

    "That won't be an issue." She grinned and scooped the Oni up in her arms. "Hang on tight. I'm a lot faster than I was before." With that, she and her two passengers rocketed into the air, in the direction that she hoped would lead them to Capsule Corp.
    They’ll reach the ruins of Capital City quickly. In fact, thy arrive in time to see P-sta’s ship crashing.

    They also probably flew over the cratered and mangled Capsule Corp building.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,441

    Default

    The world was in ruins, and the Nevadian was oblivious.

    Perhaps the world had changed in the blink of an eye, or perhaps when weariness had taken its toll, causing him to embrace the sweet slumber that awaited. On the outskirts of the crater that had once been Capsule Corps, Held slumbered on the dirt floor, oblivious to the smoke and flames, and ruins of the hell scape surrounding him.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    A flash strikes through Zaofan's senses. It's large. But he isn't sure if it's large because it's powerful, or if it seems that way because it's the only other ki signature in the area. Nonetheless, he sprints forward to a familiar place, only to find it in ruins, and a figure standing in it.

    "YOU."

    Zaofan raises Bojack to an offensive stance, enraged and confused. "That is -- was -- Chef Sabidi's main restaurant. Among the finest in region. Magnifique. And now it's gone. Just like the rest of the city! Who are you? What's happened here?!"
    Nevanlinna sensed the Earthling's approach, of course, and she waited calmly for him to arrive. He seemed quite agitated when he did arrive, blathering on at first about the destruction of this establishment. She regarded him calmly until he meandered to a subject of comparative substance: Who she was and what happened here. She could answer the former--in this case, with a half-truth--but, shamefully, she was as in the dark about the current situation as this Earthling.

    She took a brief moment to size him up. Male, age... she'd guess mid-20s to mid-30s. Power level... quite impressive by Earthling standards, and even Saiyan standards, too. Curious... she'd heard that Earthlings, mostly, were a weak, pathetic race, with only one achieving a modicrum of power--a Zhu Bekon, if she recalled. This one... seemed fairly experienced in martial arts--though he didn't strike her as a master, but rather one who'd dipped his toes into numerous styles--which meant, given his power, that she could expect a reasonably advanced grasp of the arts of ki.

    Finally, after a moment, she answered. "Who am I? Ah, I am but a traveler, recently arrived on this little blue ball you Earthlings call home. I had granted this... establishment the honor of my presence and patronization, and I was sampling what you locals consider food when I was overcome by a bright flash of light. Upon awakening, I found myself stranded in this drab, monochrome world. That is to say... I am as in the dark about this strange situation as you are..."

    He had not had the manners to introduce himself, so, naturally, it was up to her. These primitives and their lack of social graces. Though she would be forgiving, as this was an odd, trying situation, and... at the very least, he wasn't one of those uncouth Saiyans.

    "You may call me Lady Nevanlinna, a... traveler of the stars. And now that I've graced you with my name, you may give me yours," she said, flashing Zaofan a disarming smile. She spoke as if she would be doing him a favor by even listening to him state his name, let alone remembering it.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-07-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  7. #22
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna sensed the Earthling's approach, of course, and she waited calmly for him to arrive. He seemed quite agitated when he did arrive, blathering on at first about the destruction of this establishment. She regarded him calmly until he meandered to a subject of comparative substance: Who she was and what happened here. She could answer the former--in this case, with a half-truth--but, shamefully, she was as in the dark about the current situation as this Earthling.

    She took a brief moment to size him up. Male, age... she'd guess mid-20s to mid-30s. Power level... quite impressive by Earthling standards, and even Saiyan standards, too. Curious... she'd heard that Earthlings, mostly, were a weak, pathetic race, with only one achieving a modicrum of power--a Zhu Bekon, if she recalled. This one... seemed fairly experienced in martial arts--though he didn't strike her as a master, but rather one who'd dipped his toes into numerous styles--which meant, given his power, that she could expect a reasonably advanced grasp of the arts of ki.

    Finally, after a moment, she answered. "Who am I? Ah, I am but a traveler, recently arrived on this little blue ball you Earthling call home. I had granted this... establishment the honor of my presence and patronization, and I was sampling what you locals consider food when I was overcome by a bright flash of light. Upon awakening, I found myself stranded in this drab, monochrome world. That is to say... I am as in the dark about this strange situation as you are..."

    He had not had the manners to introduce himself, so, naturally, it was up to her. These primitives...

    "You may call me Lady Nevanlinna, a... traveler of the stars. And now that I've graced you with my name, you may give me yours," she said, flashing Zaofan a disarming smile. She spoke as if she would be doing him a favor by even listening to him state his name, let alone remembering it.
    In the ruins just beyond the restaurant, a blur of movement barely registered beyond a rustling sound and a displacement of dirt. A pair of red eyes focused in on the two figures alone.

    For a moment the two could feel a sudden spike from a power level close by that quickly rehid itself. Followed by more whooshing sounds as something unbelievably fast seemed to be stalking them.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    In the ruins just beyond the restaurant, a blur of movement barely registered beyond a rustling sound and a displacement of dirt. A pair of red eyes focused in on the two figures alone.

    For a moment the two could feel a sudden spike from a power level close by that quickly rehid itself. Followed by more whooshing sounds as something unbelievably fast seemed to be stalking them.
    Nevanlinna noted the sudden burst of... what passed for power in these parts. The flash was too quick to get an absolutely accurate reading, but she estimated it was slightly stronger than the Earthling's meager level of power--slightly less meager, but not at all a concern to her. The thought occurred to her that, perhaps, it was a companion of this Earthling man maneuvering themselves into position for a pincer attack, and while certainly possible, she did not concern herself with worrying about it, if that were the case.

    Perhaps if there were twenty of them, but just the two? If that was their plan, then the mental capabilities of these Earthlings were even more laughable than she had believed.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-07-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  9. #24
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Capital City is gone.

    Slak can't believe it. Just moment ago everything was fine, so how...?

    Slak closes his eyes tries to feel out the Ki of any survivors. He can feel Zaofan and a few others around, but that can't be all there is.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  10. #25
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar and Sarada also realize that theLookout isn’t moving. It seems to be stationary nearing Capital City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They’ll reach the ruins of Capital City quickly. In fact, thy arrive in time to see P-sta’s ship crashing.

    They also probably flew over the cratered and mangled Capsule Corp building.
    What in the hell happened here?

    Capital City, the city in which Capsule Corp was built, was in absolute ruin. Buildings were hollowed out husks, barely shadows of their former magnificence. The ground was covered in craters and scorch marks, the same as the Lookout. Airships were falling out of the sky.

    That meant that there must have been survivors trying to find refuge. However, that took a very faraway backseat when Sarada and Ishtar passed by the Capsule Corp building.

    "Damn it," she cursed harshly. There was nothing left. Barely a husk left in the center of a crater. Unless he escaped, Jinzi was certainly dead. That explained why the comms were no longer working.

    She landed at the spot where the front entrance had been just a few months ago. No, a few minutes ago, if the phenomena that transpired on the Lookout was any indication. Whatever happened here happened suddenly, while she was unconscious. It was as convenient as it was distressing.

    "Damn it," she repeated. A last-ditch scan of the area revealed that there were a few lives around. Slak, Zaofan, and another she didn't recognize. At least they made it okay, though she had no idea if the same could be said of the others. No... Jack...

    "Some of the others are nearby. Let's go see if they know anything."

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Investigator Miras, this is Officer P-Sta," the Galactic policeman reported in on his ship's communicator. "Just had a skirmish with the Majin, but the scoundrel escaped again...but not without killing off the population of Fake Namek. Now, I know they have a bad rep what with constantly attempting to fool everyone into thinking their Namekians for malicious purposes, but they did not deserve annihilation...Either way the creature's ability to hide his power level is maddening," the officer continued as through his ship's window he saw a blue planet on the horizon.

    "So, what I'm going to do is visit your Earthling friend, Pantaloon and have him upgrade my scouter," P-Sta stated. "He did somewhat aid me in the rebuilding of my ship, so I assume he can upgrade the scouter to have more effective range!" P-Sta stated as his ship entered the Earth's atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The effect that has caused whatever happened to Earth strikes his ship, suddenly it stops working as he freefalls out of the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "What's this strange reading on the-," P-Sta began, before everything on his ship's monitor seems to shut. "That's strange...all of the systems seem to have shut down. Hope that doesn't include flight..." he noted right before the ship began to plummet.

    "What's going on?! Emergency systems failing...was this sine sort of EMP?! I better get out of here before-," P-Sta noted leaning back in his seat and making sure he'd taken everything he needed with him, before attenpting to kick the hatch open. "Just my luck! Turns out Katchin reinforced space glass is does not aid in making a quick escape..."
    Sarada took note again of the ship in freefall. Her eyes widened slightly when she detected that there was a person on board. About as strong as she was, but probably not strong enough to survive a crash that stemmed from the upper atmosphere. She sighed heavily and flared her aura. "I better help that ship. Go find Zaofan and Slak and check with them."

    With that, she rocketed into the air, hoping to intercept the ship before it crashed landed and killed whoever it was on board.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna sensed the Earthling's approach, of course, and she waited calmly for him to arrive. He seemed quite agitated when he did arrive, blathering on at first about the destruction of this establishment. She regarded him calmly until he meandered to a subject of comparative substance: Who she was and what happened here. She could answer the former--in this case, with a half-truth--but, shamefully, she was as in the dark about the current situation as this Earthling.

    She took a brief moment to size him up. Male, age... she'd guess mid-20s to mid-30s. Power level... quite impressive by Earthling standards, and even Saiyan standards, too. Curious... she'd heard that Earthlings, mostly, were a weak, pathetic race, with only one achieving a modicrum of power--a Zhu Bekon, if she recalled. This one... seemed fairly experienced in martial arts--though he didn't strike her as a master, but rather one who'd dipped his toes into numerous styles--which meant, given his power, that she could expect a reasonably advanced grasp of the arts of ki.

    Finally, after a moment, she answered. "Who am I? Ah, I am but a traveler, recently arrived on this little blue ball you Earthlings call home. I had granted this... establishment the honor of my presence and patronization, and I was sampling what you locals consider food when I was overcome by a bright flash of light. Upon awakening, I found myself stranded in this drab, monochrome world. That is to say... I am as in the dark about this strange situation as you are..."

    He had not had the manners to introduce himself, so, naturally, it was up to her. These primitives and their lack of social graces. Though she would be forgiving, as this was an odd, trying situation, and... at the very least, he wasn't one of those uncouth Saiyans.

    "You may call me Lady Nevanlinna, a... traveler of the stars. And now that I've graced you with my name, you may give me yours," she said, flashing Zaofan a disarming smile. She spoke as if she would be doing him a favor by even listening to him state his name, let alone remembering it.
    Zaofan tries not to get distracted while processing the words of this new... one. She certainly dresses differently, and, hey, she's far from the first alien he's met by now. But to Zaofan, it feels like she's sizing him up. But from where? What's her angle? What does she know?

    "A traveler, eh?" he replies, maintaining his stance and eye contact. "From outside our world...."

    Come to think of it, a white flash overcame him, too, before he woke up on his boat, alone and confused. Their experiences, at the least, seemed to match up. Her smile was good... too good. But if it could hold off any hostilities, then he would respond in kind. "The name's Zaofan. Tell me, what brings yo--"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Neva and Zaofan see a ship, P-sta’s, heading towards a crash landing in the middle of Capital City.
    The object is in flames from re-entry. Zaofan mistakes it for a comet at first, but takes a more careful look. It's a ship. "Lady... Nevanlina, was it? If what you're saying is true, then what's that coming right at us?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They’ll reach the ruins of Capital City quickly. In fact, thy arrive in time to see P-sta’s ship crashing.

    They also probably flew over the cratered and mangled Capsule Corp building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The world was in ruins, and the Nevadian was oblivious.

    Perhaps the world had changed in the blink of an eye, or perhaps when weariness had taken its toll, causing him to embrace the sweet slumber that awaited. On the outskirts of the crater that had once been Capsule Corps, Held slumbered on the dirt floor, oblivious to the smoke and flames, and ruins of the hell scape surrounding him.
    Zaofan could suddenly feel three more considerable powerlevels. Two ahead, one behind. Everything's happening so fast! Zaofan takes a couple steps back.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    In the ruins just beyond the restaurant, a blur of movement barely registered beyond a rustling sound and a displacement of dirt. A pair of red eyes focused in on the two figures alone.

    For a moment the two could feel a sudden spike from a power level close by that quickly rehid itself. Followed by more whooshing sounds as something unbelievably fast seemed to be stalking them.
    ...and a fourth, closer but even stronger powerlevel. He narrows his eyes at Lady Nevanlinna.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna noted the sudden burst of... what passed for power in these parts. The flash was too quick to get an absolutely accurate reading, but she estimated it was slightly stronger than the Earthling's meager level of power--slightly less meager, but not at all a concern to her. The thought occurred to her that, perhaps, it was a companion of this Earthling man maneuvering themselves into position for a pincer attack, and while certainly possible, she did not concern herself with worrying about it, if that were the case.

    Perhaps if there were twenty of them, but just the two? If that was their plan, then the mental capabilities of these Earthlings were even more laughable than she had believed.
    "...alright, so you wanna make this two on one? Five on one? I'm ready for you!"

    Zaofan twirls his bo staff above his head, then left and right until he brings it back down, refortifying his stance...

    ...until he tries his ki sense again. Nevanlinna is definitely new. Some of the others are familiar but unsure. And whoever it is that's coming at them in the fiery ship, well, that's new too. But it doesn't seem to be... slowing...down...

    His eyes narrow once more.

    "GAH!"

    In a burst of crimson energy, Zaofan's aura fires up, and he rockets to the sky, leaving Lady Nevanlinna behind, flying right for the crashing starship. He readies himself in the air, and fires: "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!"

    But just enough concussive force to both coat the craft in energy and to act as a buffer, reducing its momentum while trying not to seriously damage it.

    Good news is that the ship is no longer a flaming meteor. Bad news, of course, is that it's now in free-fall, aimed for the restaurant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With that, she rocketed into the air, hoping to intercept the ship before it crashed landed and killed whoever it was on board.

    "Wait, is that... is that Sarada...? Oh dear."
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2018 at 04:51 PM.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What in the hell happened here?

    Capital City, the city in which Capsule Corp was built, was in absolute ruin. Buildings were hollowed out husks, barely shadows of their former magnificence. The ground was covered in craters and scorch marks, the same as the Lookout. Airships were falling out of the sky.

    That meant that there must have been survivors trying to find refuge. However, that took a very faraway backseat when Sarada and Ishtar passed by the Capsule Corp building.

    "Damn it," she cursed harshly. There was nothing left. Barely a husk left in the center of a crater. Unless he escaped, Jinzi was certainly dead. That explained why the comms were no longer working.

    She landed at the spot where the front entrance had been just a few months ago. No, a few minutes ago, if the phenomena that transpired on the Lookout was any indication. Whatever happened here happened suddenly, while she was unconscious. It was as convenient as it was distressing.

    "Damn it," she repeated. A last-ditch scan of the area revealed that there were a few lives around. Slak, Zaofan, and another she didn't recognize. At least they made it okay, though she had no idea if the same could be said of the others. No... Jack...

    "Some of the others are nearby. Let's go see if they know anything."







    Sarada took note again of the ship in freefall. Her eyes widened slightly when she detected that there was a person on board. About as strong as she was, but probably not strong enough to survive a crash that stemmed from the upper atmosphere. She sighed heavily and flared her aura. "I better help that ship. Go find Zaofan and Slak and check with them."

    With that, she rocketed into the air, hoping to intercept the ship before it crashed landed and killed whoever it was on board.
    "Okay, P-Sta..." P-Sta spoke to himself in a calm tone. "You've been in worse situations than this! But what to do...perhaps with the proper leverage, I-"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "...alright, so you wanna make this two on one? Five on one? I'm ready for you!"

    Zaofan twirls his bo staff above his head, then left and right until he brings it back down, refortifying his stance...

    ...until he tries his ki sense again. Nevanlinna is definitely new. Some of the others are familiar but unsure. And whoever it is that's coming at them in the fiery ship, well, that's new too. But it doesn't seem to be... slowing...down...

    His eyes narrow once more.

    "GAH!"

    In a burst of crimson energy, Zaofan's aura fires up, and he rockets to the sky, leaving Lady Nevanlinna behind, flying right for the crashing starship. He readies himself in the air, and fires: "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!"

    But just enough concussive force to both coat the craft in energy and to act as a buffer, reducing its momentum while trying not to seriously damage it.

    Good news is that the ship is no longer a flaming meteor. Bad news, of course, is that it's now in free-fall, aimed for the restaurant.




    "Wait, is that... is that Sarada...? Oh dear."
    "Wait, what is this odd light?!" P-Stay exclaimed, continuing to try and kick out of the Katchin reinforced hatch of the ship. "Whatever's going on...I'm beginning to think the Galactic Police should take more of an interest in Earth..."

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan tries not to get distracted while processing the words of this new... one. She certainly dresses differently, and, hey, she's far from the first alien he's met by now. But to Zaofan, it feels like she's sizing him up. But from where? What's her angle? What does she know?

    "A traveler, eh?" he replies, maintaining his stance and eye contact. "From outside our world...."

    Come to think of it, a white flash overcame him, too, before he woke up on his boat, alone and confused. Their experiences, at the least, seemed to match up. Her smile was good... too good. But if it could hold off any hostilities, then he would respond in kind. "The name's Zaofan. Tell me, what brings yo--"



    The object is in flames from re-entry. Zaofan mistakes it for a comet at first, but takes a more careful look. It's a ship. "Lady... Nevanlina, was it? If what you're saying is true, then what's that coming right at us?"





    Zaofan could suddenly feel three more considerable powerlevels. Two ahead, one behind. Everything's happening so fast! Zaofan takes a couple steps back.



    ...and a fourth, closer but even stronger powerlevel. He narrows his eyes at Lady Nevanlinna.



    "...alright, so you wanna make this two on one? Five on one? I'm ready for you!"

    Zaofan twirls his bo staff above his head, then left and right until he brings it back down, refortifying his stance...

    ...until he tries his ki sense again. Nevanlinna is definitely new. Some of the others are familiar but unsure. And whoever it is that's coming at them in the fiery ship, well, that's new too. But it doesn't seem to be... slowing...down...

    His eyes narrow once more.

    "GAH!"

    In a burst of crimson energy, Zaofan's aura fires up, and he rockets to the sky, leaving Lady Nevanlinna behind, flying right for the crashing starship. He readies himself in the air, and fires: "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!"

    But just enough concussive force to both coat the craft in energy and to act as a buffer, reducing its momentum while trying not to seriously damage it.

    Good news is that the ship is no longer a flaming meteor. Bad news, of course, is that it's now in free-fall, aimed for the restaurant.




    "Wait, is that... is that Sarada...? Oh dear."
    Nevanlinna didn't get much of a chance to answer this Zaofan before some flaming spaceship descended from the sky like a tiny meteor. She could sense that it was occupied, and that either meant... mechanical issues, the pilot being legendarily bad at actually piloting, or perhaps said pilot simply couldn't take their existence as an inferior species any longer and had opted to go out with a bang.

    Regardless, she watched as Zaofan went through a... very amusing procession of emotions. Guarded hope that this could be resolved peacefully, surprise, a brief flight or fight response once he sensed the other powers nearby, and finally, determination and resolve to do something about the spaceship.

    The technique was familiar to her, yet... unfamiliar. Superficially, it reminded her of the common eye beam, yet it seemed larger and, likely, more damaging than the eye beam technique. In all likelihood, the type of damage it did was different, as well. Eye beams, as anyone with a brain typically knew, usually pierced the target or, more rarely, exploded upon contact. The variation this Zaofan used seemed to deliver its energetic payload primarily in the form of concussive force. One might liken it to a technique like the Saiyans' Galick Gun, except channeled through the eyes.

    Regardless, his efforts partially worked, though now the ship was heading directly towards the restaurant--specifically, towards her. Ah, what to do... she could show off and simply stop it effortlessly, but there was no need to do that. Instead, she opted to simply float off the ground and maneuver away from where the ship would probably impact.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  14. #29
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,040

    Default

    P-sta lands with mimimal damage to his ship and himself.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #30
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "GAH!"

    In a burst of crimson energy, Zaofan's aura fires up, and he rockets to the sky, leaving Lady Nevanlinna behind, flying right for the crashing starship. He readies himself in the air, and fires: "MEGA OPTIC BLAST!"

    But just enough concussive force to both coat the craft in energy and to act as a buffer, reducing its momentum while trying not to seriously damage it.

    Good news is that the ship is no longer a flaming meteor. Bad news, of course, is that it's now in free-fall, aimed for the restaurant.

    "Wait, is that... is that Sarada...? Oh dear."
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Okay, P-Sta..." P-Sta spoke to himself in a calm tone. "You've been in worse situations than this! But what to do...perhaps with the proper leverage, I-"

    "Wait, what is this odd light?!" P-Stay exclaimed, continuing to try and kick out of the Katchin reinforced hatch of the ship. "Whatever's going on...I'm beginning to think the Galactic Police should take more of an interest in Earth..."
    Sarada moved out of the way of Zaofan's Mega Optic Blast and watched it strike the free-falling vehicle dead center. A smart tactic, one that extinguished the flames that had accumulated when the ship pierced the atmosphere. Acting quickly, Sarada moved to the top of the ship and unsheathed one of her katchin knives. She tried to stab it into the hull so she could cut out a circle wide enough for the person inside to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    P-sta lands with mimimal damage to his ship and himself.
    Only to find that she was too late. She pulled back just moments before the ship crash landed. "Shit."

    A quick scan told her that the person inside wasn't too badly hurt, and the ship had sustained minimal damage. Good, at least they wouldn't have a dead body to add to their problems.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-07-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •