Page 206 of 782 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 11718

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Tami; 08-13-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sasheem will destroy your worlds, whenever he feels like it, however many years it takes. The fun's in the journey! Now...he may spare the chefs of the universe, and provided they don't try anything stupid, Sasheem will let them live to provide Sasheem, with the best gourmet food the universe has to offer. And when all's said and done, Sasheem's gonna kick back, relax, look at the chaos that was once the universe and revel in it! Maybe take a nap. Maybe mess around in otherworld. Who knows? The universe is Sasheem's oyster...to bash open with a hammer," the Majin smiled.
    "What chaos? An empty void with specks of planets floating around, where nothing ever happens and nothing ever changes? That's chaos to you? Life is chaos, Majin, not death."

"A glorified tool calling someone else a glorifed tool," Sasheem shrugged. "Do You. Understand. Irony, Robot?" Sasheem asked, mocking Adam with a generic robot tone.
    "You aspire to be a tool. That is pitiable."

"You can understand this, Sasheem will take that position and make it his own. He doesn't care who's been chosen for what. If something's been set in stone, you can be damn sure The Greater Annihilator's gonna break it. He already defied the future once! Sasheem was supposed to die at the hands of the Galaxy Patrol. Hasn't happened yet and now it won't happen," Sasheem sneered, sure of himself.
    "He does seem confident in his plan doesn't he?"
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Suddenly realizing she was on top of him, Cyanna's face flushed and she quickly rolled off and sat up, "Psychopath? That's way too extreme. But you bested the crazy and came back." Glancing up, she saw Dash in the distance smirk at her before moving off in another direction. Pouting briefly, Cyanna smiled again, "I beat a crazy too, a Wizard who was very strong." She then sat back up, "after he beat me, then Dash and Meagan showed up and we took him out, but he was strange. Maybe not so crazy, it might have been my fault, but he was really scary and creepy too."
    "Wizard, huh? Haven't met one that wasn't messed up yet." He replied before sitting up as well, "My psycho was an old hermit who once fought the World Government back in the day. I went just to talk to him, but he ended up deciding to train me."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The dragonballs pulse and erupt into light, floating upwards as Kai and Jinzi summons the Eternal Dragon.

“I, Kai, do summon you! Hear my words, Eternal Dragon. Arise, Tiamat, and grant my wishes!”

A rumble, the sky darkens to black, and light erupts. When it dies down, a massive figure stands before the Lookout, it’s size so big it’s head was level with the Lookout’s buildings.

A rumbling female voice echoes across the sky.

I have been summoned once more so soon. Curious. Tell me your wishes, mortals, that I may return to my realm.”

Kai looks at the group and nods.

“Restore to life those lost to us five months ago. Restore to life Kami Evangeline and Jack Knave, they who were slain by Chris the Knife.”

The dragon’s eyes glow before it responds.

“It is done. They are restored.”

Looking around, however, shows them not on the Lookout.

“Umm....where are they?” Jinzi asks, still staring at the massive dragon.

Tiamat rumbles as she answers.

“They are alive. I was asked to restore life, and I did, mortal. I was not asked to bring that life here. Have a care with your wording next time.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Meagan shook her head slightly as took a position not too far from Kai, "You have two more wishes, Kai. Use them carefully."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The dragonballs pulse and erupt into light, floating upwards as Kai and Jinzi summons the Eternal Dragon.

“I, Kai, do summon you! Hear my words, Eternal Dragon. Arise, Tiamat, and grant my wishes!”

A rumble, the sky darkens to black, and light erupts. When it dies down, a massive figure stands before the Lookout, it’s size so big it’s head was level with the Lookout’s buildings.

I have been summoned once more so soon. Curious. Tell me your wishes, mortals, that I may return to my realm.”

“Restore to life those lost to us five months ago. Restore to life Kami Evangeline and Jack Knave, they who were slain by Chris the Knife.”

“They are alive. I was asked to restore life, and I did, mortal. I was not asked to bring that life here. Have a care with your wording next time.”
    The sky suddenly went dark, followed by an ominous rumbling that knocked Parsley out of her inward planning. She quickly whirled around and beheld a massive, talking dragon. It was, she presumed, this wish-granting dragon Maiz talked about seeing years ago.

What was strange was that the dragon, if its voice was anything to go by, was female. Which meant that she had no testicles from which to harvest... and.... and Parsley felt very stupid at the moment. Or, she would have if she wasn't completely shocked into absolute silence.

Sarada, for her part, was slightly more calm, but was still awed. This was only the second time she had seen Tiamat, so she was still trembling slightly. She tried her best to hide it -- she had a reputation to uphold, after all -- but her quivering legs gave her away.

Ronin presented the first wish to the dragon, a wish to bring back both Eva and Jack. Sarada felt overjoyed that they would be brought back together. It didn't last too long. Ronin apparently neglected to mention that he also wanted them brought back to Earth, so they remained in Otherworld despite having been wished back. "It's fine, Ronin. When Nunlil comes out of the Time room, we can have her retrieve them," she said to the temporary guardian.

With that settled, she stepped forward. Her heart was racing. Tiamat had already proven herself fickle and very particular with the wording of the wishes, so she had to be careful. "Great Dragon," she spoke loudly and clearly, "for our second wish, please grant us all possible information about the half-breed Saiyan killer named Jagam and his accompanying ally, the ones who will be arriving here on Earth in a short time."

She hoped that was clear enough, and that Tiamat didn't grant her knowledge about some random Saiyan named Jagam
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"You can understand this, Sasheem will take that position and make it his own. He doesn't care who's been chosen for what. If something's been set in stone, you can be damn sure The Greater Annihilator's gonna break it. He already defied the future once! Sasheem was supposed to die at the hands of the Galaxy Patrol. Hasn't happened yet and now it won't happen," Sasheem sneered, sure of himself.
    "I can guarantee you will die before that happens, and you should know well enough that I do not lie." Ishtar replied simply.

Ishtar had missed out on spying the dragon previously given her state of injury, yet in seeing the Dragon summoned from the Dragonballs the Oni could only chuckle.

"Tiamat, somehow I am not surprised."

As to the matter of retrieving Evangeline and Jack Knave however, the golden-eyed Oni said to Kai then, "if they are near enough, they can be retrieved without wasting the wish."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Still sitting on the plaza near Charco, Cyanna looked up at Tiamat with wide eyes, "Oh, wow...." she was struck near speechless.

On the other side of the Lookout, Dash watched the summoning of the Dragon with quiet amazement. As she did, she began to have serious thoughts that she kept to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "What chaos? An empty void with specks of planets floating around, where nothing ever happens and nothing ever changes? That's chaos to you? Life is chaos, Majin, not death."
    "Sasheem is truly, truly honored to be lectured by a talking toaster," Sasheem replied. "These past six months, Sasheem's spent some quality time with space. Turns out, all you gotta do is mess with a few stars. A little ki blast here and there, bam, boom, and you got yourselves a fine little cosmic catastrophe. Besides that, who knows....Sasheem might doze off long enough for a new group of upstarts to to build a new civilization to annihilate "

"You aspire to be a tool. That is pitiable."
    "You people blither and blather on and on about all these rules, but you don't know the full extent of Sasheem's plans," The Majin grinned, tapping his forehead. "If you think this Majin's gonna be bogged down by any sorta rules or structure, then you've got another thing coming."

Sasheem went silent as the Dragon was summoned. Even now it was an awesome sight. He wondered if the one on Namek looked just as cool. Sasheem figured he might as well enjoy it now while he has a chance to see it. He'd get rid of it too eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar offered the grim Ochazuke a small smile, as the former announced his presence in his ever direct manner of confronting someone on their claim.

And so taking a moment, the golden-eyed Oni offered her brother in arms a small smile.

"It is good to see you, Ochazuke."
    He regard Ishtar as he turned absently to the side, facing her out of the corner of his eye. The last time they had words was a while ago in a shifted time fraught with doubt.

"Have you at last found something worth a hollow word?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar considered what Adam had to say about what happened to P-Sta, and while it was ... unfortunate she didn't much care beyond that. What was of more interest however, was the humanoid's assessment of the Majin's goal.

A thing she could certainly offer insight into.

"He misunderstands the position, besides." Ishtar replied then, after a moments' deliberation.

"The God of Destruction is an arbiter of balance. Tasked with assessing all things that exist, in time, to weigh them against the equilibrium they are tasked to maintain. Should such be found wanting. It is erased, wholly, and replaced with something new, but the Destroyer's counterpart." The Oni explained. "Which is why Sasheem's aim is ... as ignorant as his comments. His wanton destruction would see to his demise at the hands of the holder of the title he wishes to take. Nothing more." The Oni sighed, then, before shrugging her shoulders.

"That he does not understand is of little difference, however. The next in line for the title has already been chosen ... He can thrash about all he wants."
    "Maybe...maybe you speak wisdom, Student of the Crane..."Sasheem sighed after a moment. "Or maybe you're just itching for Sasheem to finish the work he started on eliminating the five schools! Listen up, Earthman. If you think Sasheem hasn't thought about the aftermath of his Rampage of Ruin, then that stupid headband must be restricting the oxygen heading towards your little pea brain! Fact of the matter is this," the insulting Majin continued, beginning to count down on his fingers.

"Sasheem will destroy your worlds, whenever he feels like it, however many years it takes. The fun's in the journey! Now...he may spare the chefs of the universe, and provided they don't try anything stupid, Sasheem will let them live to provide Sasheem, with the best gourmet food the universe has to offer. And when all's said and done, Sasheem's gonna kick back, relax, look at the chaos that was once the universe and revel in it! Maybe take a nap. Maybe mess around in otherworld. Who knows? The universe is Sasheem's oyster...to bash open with a hammer," the Majin smiled.
    Ochazuke tilt his head forward by narrow degrees as the Majin count down each point.

"Sasheem," he said at last, "had tried once before. As I recall, mighty Sasheem, the Greater Annihilator, for all of his brilliant power, ended up torn in half by some Earthman."

The bloody battle they had waged days before descending to the world below was fresh in Ochazuke's memory, and all the violent mistakes that had followed his challenge of this feckless relic. For all the hidden brilliance he was loathe to admit was in the Majin's possession, there was scarcely any substance but volatile spite in his fist.

Now the volatile filth had escaped his porcelain prison. Yet through his examination, Ochazuke's expression remained as still as ever as he examined the Majin.

"You cannot alter your fate under your own power. Why else have you returned here?" he said. "You're still afraid it will happen."

Fruitlessly the words left him, unsung counsel unheeded. For good or ill, they remained in mutual company for the threat that would soon emerge, and that was that. All they could do for now is survive the matter at hand, and so he turned his mind to prepare.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The sky suddenly went dark, followed by an ominous rumbling that knocked Parsley out of her inward planning. She quickly whirled around and beheld a massive, talking dragon. It was, she presumed, this wish-granting dragon Maiz talked about seeing years ago.

What was strange was that the dragon, if its voice was anything to go by, was female. Which meant that she had no testicles from which to harvest... and.... and Parsley felt very stupid at the moment. Or, she would have if she wasn't completely shocked into absolute silence.

Sarada, for her part, was slightly more calm, but was still awed. This was only the second time she had seen Tiamat, so she was still trembling slightly. She tried her best to hide it -- she had a reputation to uphold, after all -- but her quivering legs gave her away.

Ronin presented the first wish to the dragon, a wish to bring back both Eva and Jack. Sarada felt overjoyed that they would be brought back together. It didn't last too long. Ronin apparently neglected to mention that he also wanted them brought back to Earth, so they remained in Otherworld despite having been wished back. "It's fine, Ronin. When Nunlil comes out of the Time room, we can have her retrieve them," she said to the temporary guardian.

With that settled, she stepped forward. Her heart was racing. Tiamat had already proven herself fickle and very particular with the wording of the wishes, so she had to be careful. "Great Dragon," she spoke loudly and clearly, "for our second wish, please grant us all possible information about the half-breed Saiyan killer named Jagam and his accompanying ally, the ones who will be arriving here on Earth in a short time."

She hoped that was clear enough, and that Tiamat didn't grant her knowledge about some random Saiyan named Jagam
    Tiamat’s eyes flash.

The beast, Jagam, is half Saiyan and half Threshling. His powerlevel is over 50,000. He has no tail like a normal Saiyan, so he cannot change into your were-ape forms. His Threshling half grants him partial control over his body shape and thus he can move his vital organs to avoid killing blows. His fighting style, the Threshling Render Fist, emphasizes brutal punch combo’s but lacks many kicking techniques. He has a hatred that runs deeper than an ocean for Saiyans, and he has killed many more than Saiyan authorities or Galaxy Police know. At present, he has killed 432 Saiyans over the span of the last decade.”

“His companion hides much of what she is from prying eyes, but I can still see much. She is a Threshling Priestess, sent to observe and make sure Jagam does not screw up and to make sure Nevanlinna does not return to Reshlan. She hides her power from me, so I do not know her strengths.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Tiamat’s eyes flash.

The beast, Jagam, is half Saiyan and half Threshling. His powerlevel is over 50,000. He has no tail like a normal Saiyan, so he cannot change into your were-ape forms. His Threshling half grants him partial control over his body shape and thus he can move his vital organs to avoid killing blows. His fighting style, the Threshling Render Fist, emphasizes brutal punch combo’s but lacks many kicking techniques. He has a hatred that runs deeper than an ocean for Saiyans, and he has killed many more than Saiyan authorities or Galaxy Police know. At present, he has killed 432 Saiyans over the span of the last decade.”

“His companion hides much of what she is from prying eyes, but I can still see much. She is a Threshling Priestess, sent to observe and make sure Jagam does not screw up and to make sure Nevanlinna does not return to Reshlan. She hides her power from me, so I do not know her strengths.”
    The child-like Quila crossed his arms in thought as the eternal dragon described their encroaching enemy. The Last Call's intel, as vast as an intelligence network could be, didn't have much on the Threshlings with most of what was known being only rumors. Carefully collecting the precious data the dragon gave, the machine mutant now had more to work with when it came to plotting against Jagam.

Strange how it was a Saiyan who wisely thought to make this wish.

Tiamat’s eyes flash.

"My, what a talkative lizard you are," came a voice from behind the others. "I would think, as a... female yourself, you would understand that a woman must have her secrets, but I suppose you cannot even afford me that."

The source of the voice was, of course, Nevanlinna, who had stepped out of Vaikuntha just in time to hear the dragon's proclamation. She was both surprised by it and... not surprised. She couldn't fathom her own mother ordering her death, so perhaps it had been one of her siblings? She had no designs for the throne, at present, so if that were the case... why? Seems she'd have to pry that information out of the priestess.

"Well then, I do believe my hand has been forced." She sighed, shaking her head. "How... bothersome."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 08-13-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Tiamat’s eyes flash.

Sarada asked for information, and she received more than she could have hoped for. Jagam's other half was Threshling, a name that she had only heard in fairy tales. She didn't know anything about them other than what she had heard in those stories, which we're as reliable as rumors and conjecture; meaning not at all. He, as posited, had a power level of over 50k, which meant he was stronger than all of them at present, but not as a whole. What was more, herself, Parsley, Totoma, and a few others could surpass his base in power. The upper limits of his power weren't known, which made her feel uneasy, but it was a start.

His fighting style, Threshling Render Fist, emphasized punches over kicks, which fit nicely as an explanation for Totoma's revelation that he only punched and never kicked. In her mind, the key was parrying those punches and leaving him open to counterattacks, and keeping her distance with ranged medium range attacks. If at all possible, close quarters combat should have been avoided. His body shifting ability was going to be troublesome. It meant that total body annihilation was the key to victory, not pinpoint organ destruction.

The exact figure of his slaughter – 432 of her people over a decade, including Tasure and nearly Totoma if not for Eva – was startling and enraging. Tiamat didn't delve into the reason why he hated his Saiyan side, she had her guesses. Perhaps these Threshling were a highly xenophobic race, much like the Saiyans, and thus were disgusted with the very idea of a half-breed in their midst. If Jagam was subjected to mistreatment during his childhood, he may have developed a hatred to his impure side.

Regardless of his reasoning, Sarada would exact vengeance for all 432 of her slain breatheren.

Finally, the information about his companion – a Threshling priestess – bore the most interesting bit of information. Not about her herself, but that she was there to prevent Nevanlinna of all people from returning to Reshlan – which she assumed was the Threshling homeworld. Many questions arose on that front, including if and how Nevanlinna knew Jagam, but she could ask those of the Princess herself.

After analysing this information in silence, Sarada bowed her head to Tiamat. "Thank you, great dragon. This knowledge is invaluable."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "My, what a talkative lizard you are," came a voice from behind the others. "I would think, as a... female yourself, you would understand that a woman must have her secrets, but I suppose you cannot even afford me that."

The source of the voice was, of course, Nevanlinna, who had stepped out of Vaikuntha just in time to hear the dragon's proclamation. She was both surprised by it and... not surprised. She couldn't fathom her own mother ordering her death, so perhaps it had been one of her siblings? She had no designs for the throne, at present, so if that were the case... why? Seems she'd have to pry that information out of the priestess.

"Well then, I do believe my hand has been forced." She sighed, shaking her head. "How... bothersome."
    Well, how utterly convenient that Nevanlinna happen to show her face just in time. Sarada half-turned to face the Threshling princess as she admitted that her hand had been forced.

The woman was a web of secrets squeezed into an ill-fitting armor, and Sarada wanted answers. "You have some explaining to do," she said with more bass in her voice than she thought herself capable of mustering. "You can start with everything you know about Jagam and your people."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!