Page 233 of 782 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 11718
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah, so this was Etrina.

Hm...

Yes, this was the girl who dispelled the mist in that room earlier. That she was the one paired with the chef was intriguing. She looked a fair bit younger than him. Oh, well. She just chalked it up to the ways of this world.

"He left a short time ago with another woman."

She probably should have added that they were going to race each other, but... hm. Should she stir the pot, or no?

This Etrina did save Sarada from herself, so Parsley decided to repay the favor by telling the whole truth. "From the sounds of it, they left to race each other." The urge to simply leave it at that was far stronger than she anticipated, though it didn't show. Zaofan had treated her to delicious food and Etrina saved Sarada, so she wouldn't trifle with what they had going with each other.
    "Oh?" Etrina turned to face the visiting saiyan, Parsley if she recalled correctly from the discussions she had overheard prior. "....Race you say? With another woman....Huh.....I......racing...." Etrina looked noticeably confused and worried. "Is...Is this something I should be jealous over? It certainly doesn't sound like something one gets jealous over.....but I'm still a bit inexperienced with this. I mean.....its not really something I should be concerned with..........did...did they mention where they were racing?"

She should go find him in any event, as she still wanted to spend time with him. What he choose to do with his free time prior to the possible end of their lives was entirely up to him....even if it involved racing some girl somewhere and not spending it with her.

Or coming to see her first.....

......racing with another girl.....in the middle of nowhere.....

Now, should she give fair warning that Dash wanted to mate with Zaofan, despite her denials? It would be fair to point that out; she would certainly want the name and location of anyone who had eyes for Avoca, which were more than she liked. Hum.

"That's some man you have there. Very talented chef. He's quickly becoming my favorite of your kind."
    "Yes, he is a very talented chef." Etrina said almost absentmindedly. "But...Things have been so hectic that I haven't even had a chance to eat any of his food.....or talk to him without some threat of planetary annihilation looming in the distance. But yes...he has that effect on people. I'm surprised he even bothers with me anymore considering how I.....its just been so....." Etrina wasn't even addressing parsley anymore as much as pacing back and forth with growing thunderclouds over her head.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The dark blue Etrina crossed her arms with a look of contemplation. "I see....so this is the famed Ochazuke insight. Words as deep as the ocean and as filling as a high calorie eclair. Truly a dangerous weapon to those with not the capacity to hold it."

"....wait......I.....hold on.....so.....we're the key to defeating us....and they're the key to defeating them.......and....can you really lift your head and look down at the same time?" The sleepy light green Etrina started what appeared to be incredibly apathetic head banging which Ochazuke could only assume was her attempt at "raising her head while looking down".

"More importantly! Are you saying they're ALREADY making fun of my size!" The white etrina roared furiously. "Bastards! I'll drive my boot heel into their head til they cry and beg like dogs!"

"Cases in point..." Blue Etrina exclaimed. "So, you wish to bring one of us along with you as a sort of proxy to assist you in both combat and threat counteraction. Correct? Hmm.....it bares merit. Though you should speak with Etrina herself, I can assure you as a construct of her mental subspace she'll more then likely agree with your assessment."

"Yay! We're planning Desu!" The excited red etrina yelled.

"Sooo.....*yawn*......who you wanna pick.....not me I hope...." The green one yawned. "Sounds hard."
    He chuckled lightly at the assessment of the four, taking particular note of the lethargic Green one's gradual appraisal, bobbing her head there listlessly. As she raised her head up, to demonstrate the point Ochazuke swiftly drew his ring finger inward and swept her by the back of her knees.

"Power is immaterial if one has no opening to use it," he said, "a warrior finds his opening, the general divides and encircles the other army."

He took note of the White Etrina, choler raising in her little channeled frame as she fumed. "Perhaps the sentiment is the same in a battle between sorceresses."

He raised his palms up to eye level as he spoke further.

"Your most potent spells take time to prepare. Likewise, while I am not blind to such esoteric energies, as we had seen only hours before, there are occasions were striking at a magician's craft will only serve their purposes further. Give me my opening, and you shall have yours."

"But enough for now, let's find your creator. In addition, there is somebody I would like to introduce you to, and he should be arriving soon."

As they came closer to the Lookout, Dash gave Zaofan a wave, then veered off to the right. As soon as he lands, she would make her way to where Meagan was, landing nearby and out of sight. She had decided that she would let him have some private time with Etrina.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-28-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh?" Etrina turned to face the visiting saiyan, Parsley if she recalled correctly from the discussions she had overheard prior. "....Race you say? With another woman....Huh.....I......racing...." Etrina looked noticeably confused and worried. "Is...Is this something I should be jealous over? It certainly doesn't sound like something one gets jealous over.....but I'm still a bit inexperienced with this. I mean.....its not really something I should be concerned with..........did...did they mention where they were racing?"

She should go find him in any event, as she still wanted to spend time with him. What he choose to do with his free time prior to the possible end of their lives was entirely up to him....even if it involved racing some girl somewhere and not spending it with her.

Or coming to see her first.....

......racing with another girl.....in the middle of nowhere.....
    Hm, an inexperienced one, eh? In that regard, being with someone older and -- perhaps -- more experienced than she was a good thing. And yet, it seemed, that inexperience had given birth to a fit of jealousy. It was then that she knew she made the right decision in not stirring the pot. If she had, it would have exploded into something utter h̶i̶l̶a̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ catastrophic, with her right in the center of it.

Were she less refined, she would have been disappointed by that missed and wasted opportunity to sow drama and dissension within the ranks of these lowly humans.

"I wouldn't fret. He seems to be very loyal." Again, the urge to mention how much Dash appeared to want to mate with Zaofan was on the tip of her tongue. She resisted. "Jealousy is, unfortunately, not beneath higher evolved creatures as much as we would like to say otherwise. There are, however, ways to... dissuade potential rivals. Would you like to know a few?"

"Yes, he is a very talented chef." Etrina said almost absentmindedly. "But...Things have been so hectic that I haven't even had a chance to eat any of his food.....or talk to him without some threat of planetary annihilation looming in the distance. But yes...he has that effect on people. I'm surprised he even bothers with me anymore considering how I.....its just been so....." Etrina wasn't even addressing parsley anymore as much as pacing back and forth with growing thunderclouds over her head.
    "Calm down. He's on his way back here as we speak. He even inquired about you shortly before he left, so I assume he's returning to see you." Humans fretted over the smallest things.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "You look pretty young." Held said, laughing as his attempt was so clearly seen through, "And I don't need your sister holding a grudge because I have a foul mouth."

I guess all the jobs I've taken these few months have that effect....I'll have to work on that.

The Nevadian smirked slightly as he realized a misunderstanding on the part of Cyanna.

"Also...I'm pretty sure Sarada is closer to your age, than me or Meagans. I mean, I never sat down and asked to see any Identification, but she wasn't older than Totoma, or atleast, if she was, not by that much."
    As they were talking, Dash lands nearby. "Don't know if you know, but Zaofan laid out a feast inside the building. If any of you are hungry."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Fine, Sasheem. You can have just two more, but make them count, alright? You know, for someone fighting to protect the planet, you talk alot about destroying it. Since when did your humor become all dry? You used to run around like a cartoon Tasmanian devil? Ah well, looking forward to fighting side by side with you again, buddy!"
    Sasheem took no time in quickly grabbing two more of the delicious fusions of pastry and breakfast meat. "Yeah, look forward to it while it lasts, human," Sasheem sneered. "More of Sasheem's patented 'dry humor' for ya."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You think so?" Cyanna sounded surprised.

Meagan finally decides to join in the conversation, "Its' true. I'm fairly certain that Sarada is 17 also."

"She doesn't act like it."

With a laugh, "Oh, you should have seen her when we first met. Playing in the snow with Jack like two kids." Meagan smiled wistfully at that memory, "I think we were all far more innocent back then."
    "Maybe." Held replied with a shrug, "I suppose some of us are more jaded than others...And some probably would have been happier if we never knew about the Dragonballs to begin with."

Which was not entirely true. The Dragonballs themselves were not the issue. A way to make ones dreams manifest, to shape the world in your image--It was a rare creature who would not be tempted at the very idea. If the wishes were used for good, or ill, had little to do with the orbs. They were merely a tool.

"Then again, we wouldn't have been in a position to save this planet, or your own....I guess it's a mixed bag."

Still....it's hard not to feel overwhelmed....Every moment I've been on this planet since I've learned of the Dragonballs, I've have a target on my back, one way or another.

As they were talking, Dash lands nearby. "Don't know if you know, but Zaofan laid out a feast inside the building. If any of you are hungry."
    "Eh?" Held looked at the newcomer.

"Another sister, Meagan?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke lowered his head, averting a gaze from Evangeline which had borne such a subdued burning within it his view might cut through the Lookout, its suspension over the clouds, and fall to the Earth below.

"It has been nearly a year since the Parasite uttered his threat and we are still no closer to any answer," he said. "To protect this world..."

The words welled within, stopping short as they were swallowed with the frustration and loathing.

"The Ronin told us your descent into the afterlife was in pursuit of something. What did you learn there? Will any of it avail us now?"
    “Not for this, no. But the information I found did come to fruition. I know where the Parasite came from. Once Jagam is done with, I intend on going there and ending this threat to Earth once and for all. And then.....all I saw before my Sight was closed will be done with. I cannot know what else may happen, but with Jagam and the Parasite’s master taken care of, Earth will be safer.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    above is my previous post that hasn't been respond to yet.
    Jinzi grins.

“Excellent color choice. Now let’s get to work.”

He passes her some specialized work gear she’ll fit into.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Maybe." Held replied with a shrug, "I suppose some of us are more jaded than others...And some probably would have been happier if we never knew about the Dragonballs to begin with."

Which was not entirely true. The Dragonballs themselves were not the issue. A way to make ones dreams manifest, to shape the world in your image--It was a rare creature who would not be tempted at the very idea. If the wishes were used for good, or ill, had little to do with the orbs. They were merely a tool.

"Then again, we wouldn't have been in a position to save this planet, or your own....I guess it's a mixed bag."

Still....it's hard not to feel overwhelmed....Every moment I've been on this planet since I've learned of the Dragonballs, I've have a target on my back, one way or another.

"Eh?" Held looked at the newcomer.

"Another sister, Meagan?"
    Dash gave him an odd look, "Ah know I've been hanging out on Chroma a bit more than I expected, but you don't really think I look like a Chromakai, now do you? It's mah hair, isn't it? Blonde is such a boring color, so I had it changed. Makes me stand out, don't you think?"

Meagan, "Held, this is Dash, she's human from Earth." Then shifting her gaze, "Dash, this is Held, he's a Navadian...." Then back, "Did I get that right?"
    Last edited by Tami; 08-28-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Dash gave him an odd look, "Ah know I've been hanging out on Chroma a bit more than I expected, but you don't really thunk I look like a Chromakai, now do you? It's mah hair, isn't it? Blonde is such a boring color, so I had it changed. Makes me stand out, don't you think?"
    "Whoops!" The Nevadian rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as Dash rejected his assumption. "My apologies. Between your hair color-which looks great by the way-- and Meagan and Cyanna, I kinda just assumed...."

Held scratched the side of his check and laughed.

"Well, I guess that proves that saying about what happens when you make assumptions..."

"Held, this is Dash, she's human from Earth." Then shifting her gaze, "Dash, this is Held, he's a Navadian...." Then back, "Did I get that right?"
    "Ah, nice to meet you, Dash." The Nevadian nodded in affirmation to her, before turning his head towards Meagan.

"You weren't that far off." Held replied with a nod, "Nevada is the original planet for us. Navada was the moon that we colonized."

He paused for a moment, as he realized that perhaps his explanation was somewhat lacking, as it failed to explain much of anything.

"My people had to leave the planet centuries ago for Navada, and there was a bit of a misunderstanding and--"

Held shook his head, sighing heavily.

"Nevermind. We'll be here all day if I try to walk you through that mess. It's Nevadian, but Navadian isn't going to cause anyone to lose their mind, outside of maybe the most patriotic of my people."

"Whoops!" The Nevadian rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as Dash rejected his assumption. "My apologies. Between your hair color-which looks great by the way-- and Meagan and Cyanna, I kinda just assumed...."

Held scratched the side of his check and laughed.

"Well, I guess that proves that saying about what happens when you make assumptions..."

"Ah, nice to meet you, Dash." The Nevadian nodded in affirmation to her, before turning his head towards Meagan.

"You weren't that far off." Held replied with a nod, "Nevada is the original planet for us. Navada was the moon that we colonized."

He paused for a moment, as he realized that perhaps his explanation was somewhat lacking, as it failed to explain much of anything.

"My people had to leave the planet centuries ago for Navada, and there was a bit of a misunderstanding and--"

Held shook his head, sighing heavily.

"Nevermind. We'll be here all day if I try to walk you through that mess. It's Nevadian, but Navadian isn't going to cause anyone to lose their mind, outside of maybe the most patriotic of my people."
    Meagan then stands up, "Perhaps we should get something to eat. It could be the last meal we get for quite some time."

"I ah, already ate, so you go on ahead, I'll find something to keep myself busy."

"You look like you took a bath in a dust bowl. What happened to you?" Cyanna teased her, "Nevermind, why not get yourself cleaned up? You can tell me later"

Dash sighed, "Yeah, I'll do that."

"Held," Meagan looked at him, "Do you want to join us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi grins.

“Excellent color choice. Now let’s get to work.”

He passes her some specialized work gear she’ll fit into.

Praxat puts on the suit and rises her right hand in the air saying " okay let's do this!"
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Meagan then stands up, "Perhaps we should get something to eat. It could be the last meal we get for quite some time."

"I ah, already ate, so you go on ahead, I'll find something to keep myself busy."

"You look like you took a bath in a dust bowl. What happened to you?" Cyanna teased her, "Nevermind, why not get yourself cleaned up? You can tell me later"

Dash sighed, "Yeah, I'll do that."

"Held," Meagan looked at him, "Do you want to join us?"
    The Nevadian stood up from his formerly cross-legged position, before dusting his pants off.

"Well, if you don't think it's an intrusion, why not?"

He knelled slightly, grasping the box that held the gift from Lady Isis.

His stomach began to grumble loudly as he stood fully erect.

"...Well, even if you did think it to be an intrusion, I'd probably be headed in the same direction it seems."

The Nevadian stood up from his formerly cross-legged position, before dusting his pants off.

"Well, if you don't think it's an intrusion, why not?"

He knelled slightly, grasping the box that held the gift from Lady Isis.

His stomach began to grumble loudly as he stood fully erect.

"...Well, even if you did think it to be an intrusion, I'd probably be headed in the same direction it seems."
    As the three walked away towards the dinning area, Dash stayed behind, leaning against the wall. She didn't have invisibility or teleportation, so there was a chance she might run into someone, even at normal speed, on her way to the guest rooms. She considered leaving the Lookout for a while, but decided against it. Eventually she stood up straight and headed inside herself, hoping that Zaofan had Etrina so distracted she wouldn't notice her.

It was not that she believed she had anything to feel guilty for, far from it in fact. The run helped her focus, but most importantly it helped her deal with her feelings and get past them. The only question is, will Etrina believe that, or is she the type to go on a jealous rage at the drop of a hat. Facing her uncertainty, she entered the building and made her way to where she could wash up.