Page 234 of 782 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As they came closer to the Lookout, Dash gave Zaofan a wave, then veered off to the right. As soon as he lands, she would make her way to where Meagan was, landing nearby and out of sight. She had decided that she would let him have some private time with Etrina.
    Zaofan lands on the Lookout and waves to Dash as she makes her way to the other side. Now on foot, the chef heads towards the center of the Lookout, attempting to find Etrina.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan lands on the Lookout and waves to Dash as she makes her way to the other side. Now on foot, the chef heads towards the center of the Lookout, attempting to find Etrina.
    Just like that, Parsley sensed that the chef has returned. "See? I told you you were worrying over nothing. I'll show you how to break your rival's spirit, then kill your them later."

With that, she took her leave to give the two some privacy.

With that,
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Not for this, no. But the information I found did come to fruition. I know where the Parasite came from. Once Jagam is done with, I intend on going there and ending this threat to Earth once and for all. And then.....all I saw before my Sight was closed will be done with. I cannot know what else may happen, but with Jagam and the Parasite’s master taken care of, Earth will be safer.”
    Ochazuke did not so much as stir at this revelation, only held fast as this confirmed the silent fear he carried within him. He grit his teeth, trembling as the length of his arms tensed with his clenched fists as he finally found the firmament to look upon Evangeline.

"Then so it shall be done. I only request, then, that you stay your hand, Guardian."

What understanding could be achieved by observation alone? Even divine eyes that presumed to gaze deep into the well of fate had found instead an ocean, and reached its limits trying to discern figments of blue there in the drowning darkness.

"Long ago you plucked upon the golden thread in the name of your duty. So did another, and in pursuing this task on his own he became a thrall of that hidden enemy which still waits," he said. "By his life, he gave them exactly what they wanted."

"She who follows two paths will reach neither destination. After all that has happened, I will not have you neglect the Earth again so soon. Hold fast the fated tether, and we will follow its path into the depths in your stead."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Approaching opposite from him, the chef would find Etrina...in a fashion. Ochazuke, arms folded before him, still bore the four Channel Foci on his person, the diminuitive image of the Stoltengarde heir seated where they would, chattering upon his limbs and shoulders. His usually hard countenance stretched into an uneasy smile under narrowed eyes as he greeted Zaofan.

"You've grown swifter since the end of training, all the easier to lose track of, it seems," he said.

He held out his left hand where the temperamental little Etrina avatar garbed in her White hood was seated.

"You've met...and yet, you haven't quite, yet," he said, attempting to broker an introduction between the two. "Your creator is ever full of surprises."

As the three walked away towards the dinning area, Dash stayed behind, leaning against the wall. She didn't have invisibility or teleportation, so there was a chance she might run into someone, even at normal speed, on her way to the guest rooms. She considered leaving the Lookout for a while, but decided against it. Eventually she stood up straight and headed inside herself, hoping that Zaofan had Etrina so distracted she wouldn't notice her.

It was not that she believed she had anything to feel guilty for, far from it in fact. The run helped her focus, but most importantly it helped her deal with her feelings and get past them. The only question is, will Etrina believe that, or is she the type to go on a jealous rage at the drop of a hat. Facing her uncertainty, she entered the building and made her way to where she could wash up.
    Cyanna and Held entered the dinning room first, Meagan lagged a bit behind. She could smell the meat dishes even from outside, so she hesitated.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-30-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When the question was first posed to her, Sarada never considered the possibility that Jagam would use any of the others to get to her. While she was ambivalent as to how she would handle it if Ishtar was the hostage, she really had no clue what she would if it was one of the others. She would like to think she'd react the same way, but there was really no telling at this juncture. Like she concluded before, it was one of those things she'd have to be confronted with in real life.

I just hope I don't make the wrong decision.

There was so much riding on this battle. Not just for her and the Saiyans, but the planet Earth, as well. There was no telling to what lengths Jagam would go to to kill her and Parsley. If confronted with certain defeat, he may have just destroyed the planet. That was as much a failure to her as him destroying Vocado. She couldn't let that happen.

Just when she thought the fight was going to resume, Asha'rah created a startlingly realistic image of Ishtar, badly injured to the point that two of her limbs were bent in awkward angles and one of her eyes was swollen shut.

A sharp ping of rage rose in her before she realized that it wasn't real. But, it looked real. And if it was, then the dark violent energy swirling around her surely would have killed her. But, it's not real.

She gritted her teeth and forged ahead. "Your tricks won't work!" She charged ahead, a pair of crimson bolts forming in her hands. She fired them, then immediately launched Agony Matrix right behind them. Concealed by the first two blasts that would detonate in a pair of bright, but ultimately feeble, fireworks, Agony Matrix was sure to strike it mark.
    A direct, long-ranged frontal attack paired with a declaration of hostility. Such was Sarada's response. It would cost her Ishtar's life. With a twitch of her fingers, the destructive energies surrounding Ishtar converged on her, obliterating her on an atomic level. Her death was swift. Her death was painful. Asha'rah knew that the oni would not scream, even if she already lacked the lungs to do so. But golden eyes flashed wide open, the horror and agony of being reduced to nothing plain on her features. There would be no body to bury. No bond to console Sarada at night. Nevermore. In the short span before the ki attacks hit, Ishtar, or at least the illusion of her, was gone.

Asha'rah was too ponderous in her massive form to dodge the ki bolts, which appeared similar to those Sarada had used to chip away at her exterior before. They hit, one, tw-ARRGHGUWBFHBHKJNHYBFS!

Her massive body convulsed in an uncharacteristically uncoordinated fashion, limbs going every which way haphazardly, then toppled forward. Her knees impacted with the force of an avalanche, leaving twin craters in the almost windless Mars surface. Her right hand touched something solid, and ingrained memory arrested her fall before any conscious thought could intervene.

A plague be upon your house, ye who sacrifice your beloved so carelessly.

A swarm of locusts flew forth from the cloud of dust her form kicked up, driven by simple but independent drives beyond Asha’rah’s own need to control. They glowed with the godly energies infusing them with temporary life and poured over Sarada, feasting on the fibers of her uniform and crawling into the crevasses of her armor before detonating, the force of their self-destruction magnified by the very armor the Saiyan wore for protection. Saiyans naturally communicated through combat as much as words. Perhaps such a message would resonate with Sarada.

“You…may be right…” Asha’rah breathed, her form like a mountain in upheaval as she struggled to piece her focus back together, “it would probably...be a trick...to suppose you would be alone. Let us try again.”

Ishtar’s image appeared again in Asha’rah’s free palm, once again at Asha’rah’s mercy, once again facing imminent doom. And beside Sarada appeared the images of comrades in various states of injury.

You forged a path most unusual to the throne, Sarada. You survived hardships that would have broken lesser Saiyans, reformed from your warped state completely over the course of a year. You can find a way through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    A direct, long-ranged frontal attack paired with a declaration of hostility. Such was Sarada's response. It would cost her Ishtar's life. With a twitch of her fingers, the destructive energies surrounding Ishtar converged on her, obliterating her on an atomic level. Her death was swift. Her death was painful. Asha'rah knew that the oni would not scream, even if she already lacked the lungs to do so. But golden eyes flashed wide open, the horror and agony of being reduced to nothing plain on her features. There would be no body to bury. No bond to console Sarada at night. Nevermore. In the short span before the ki attacks hit, Ishtar, or at least the illusion of her, was gone.

Asha'rah was too ponderous in her massive form to dodge the ki bolts, which appeared similar to those Sarada had used to chip away at her exterior before. They hit, one, tw-ARRGHGUWBFHBHKJNHYBFS!

Her massive body convulsed in an uncharacteristically uncoordinated fashion, limbs going every which way haphazardly, then toppled forward. Her knees impacted with the force of an avalanche, leaving twin craters in the almost windless Mars surface. Her right hand touched something solid, and ingrained memory arrested her fall before any conscious thought could intervene.

A plague be upon your house, ye who sacrifice your beloved so carelessly.

A swarm of locusts flew forth from the cloud of dust her form kicked up, driven by simple but independent drives beyond Asha’rah’s own need to control. They glowed with the godly energies infusing them with temporary life and poured over Sarada, feasting on the fibers of her uniform and crawling into the crevasses of her armor before detonating, the force of their self-destruction magnified by the very armor the Saiyan wore for protection. Saiyans naturally communicated through combat as much as words. Perhaps such a message would resonate with Sarada.

“You…may be right…” Asha’rah breathed, her form like a mountain in upheaval as she struggled to piece her focus back together, “it would probably...be a trick...to suppose you would be alone. Let us try again.”

Ishtar’s image appeared again in Asha’rah’s free palm, once again at Asha’rah’s mercy, once again facing imminent doom. And beside Sarada appeared the images of comrades in various states of injury.

You forged a path most unusual to the throne, Sarada. You survived hardships that would have broken lesser Saiyans, reformed from your warped state completely over the course of a year. You can find a way through this.
    Despite her assertion, made mere seconds earlier, the illusionary imagery of Ishtar in grave peril had worked. Sarada felt anxious, terrified that this was the fate that awaited her love – reduced to nothing more than a bargaining chip to coax her into surrendering. Despite knowing the outcome in advance, she forged ahead, hoping against hope itself that her attacks did some good.

They did, but arrived too late.

Before they reached the halfway point between herself and the goddess, Ishtar was destroyed.

No, her image. Her eyes wide with horror and pain and agony, her death more painful than Sarada could bear to realize.

"…no…"

Even if she could still feel her Oni, her real Oni, back on Earth safe and sound, the horrific sight before her looked too real. Even as Asha'rah spasmed in the pain inflicted by Agony Matrix, it all paled in comparison to the pain she felt inwardly.

Suddenly, a swarm of insects appeared out of the cloud of dust kicked up when Asha'rah fell to her knees. They somehow managed to chew through her royal clothing, then exploded when they reached her bare skin. Sarada let out a scream and fell to her knees. There werent too many places on her body that hadn't been beset by a miniature explosion.

Her clothes were in tatters and she was bleeding profusely from the injuries, but she was still in the fight. It would take more than this to defeat her!

Again they tried. Again, an all too real, life-like image of Ishtar appeared in Asha'rah's hand, completely at her mercy. Sarada now knew that a mere twitch, a simple exertion could and would end her life. She had to try a different avenue. Direct wasn't the way to go.

To make matters worse, images of their friends appeared beside her, also injured to various degrees. Damn it. What can I do?! If I do the same thing, she'll just kill Ishtar again. If I try another way of attack, she may kill the others. There's only one thing I can do. I hope this works.

"Wait. Let me switch places with Ishtar. It's me you want, right?" The giantess before her was a proxy for Jagam, therefore she had to act as if the Saiyan Killer was standing before her. "Take me instead."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-30-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke did not so much as stir at this revelation, only held fast as this confirmed the silent fear he carried within him. He grit his teeth, trembling as the length of his arms tensed with his clenched fists as he finally found the firmament to look upon Evangeline.

"Then so it shall be done. I only request, then, that you stay your hand, Guardian."

What understanding could be achieved by observation alone? Even divine eyes that presumed to gaze deep into the well of fate had found instead an ocean, and reached its limits trying to discern figments of blue there in the drowning darkness.

"Long ago you plucked upon the golden thread in the name of your duty. So did another, and in pursuing this task on his own he became a thrall of that hidden enemy which still waits," he said. "By his life, he gave them exactly what they wanted."

"She who follows two paths will reach neither destination. After all that has happened, I will not have you neglect the Earth again so soon. Hold fast the fated tether, and we will follow its path into the depths in your stead."
    She pauses, then bows her head in aknowledgement.

“As you say.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat puts on the suit and rises her right hand in the air saying " okay let's do this!"
    my recent post.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Cyanna and Held entered the dinning room first, Meagan lagged a bit behind. She could smell the meat dishes even from outside, so she hesitated.
    Finally entering, Meagan looks around, observing who is inside and what kinds of food are available.

She then realizes that Cyanna has already taken a plate. Approaching her, Meagan notices that her choice of food was pasta and vegetables, and what looked like a slice of quiche with bacon bits in it. She was about to question her sister's choice, when she realized that Cyanna was still going through Puberty. Meagan regretted that she had not been around to help her sister during this time of change and growth, it was clear that the stress of the war must have delayed her development. Though from the looks of her, Meagan thought with a smile, "in a years time, she'll be turning heads on many planets."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    my recent post.
    Jinzi and her will toil long into the evening before finishing her special goggles to her exact specifications.

With about twelve hours left before Jagam arrives, he offers her a place to sleep at Capsule Corp so she can be well rested for what is to happen tomorrow.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Hours later, a blue portal opened in the center of the Lookout. A bald-headed Saiyan stepped through, with a small metal container in his right hand. He looked around, frowned, then sighed. "She doesn't appear to be here." His irises flashed blue, which indicated that a special feature of his cybernetic eyes had activated. Using residual Ki signatures in the air, he was able to form a moving picture of sorts of the activity on the Lookout.

"Hm, interesting." He rewound this "image" until he saw Sarada fly off into outer space with Asha'rah. "Ah, yes. I see. She should return shortly, in this case."

With that settled, he sat down on the ground, the case sitting safely and securely in his lap. He pulled out what looked like an electronic tablet and started tapping on the screen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi and her will toil long into the evening before finishing her special goggles to her exact specifications.

With about twelve hours left before Jagam arrives, he offers her a place to sleep at Capsule Corp so she can be well rested for what is to happen tomorrow.
    Praxat gets some rest after complete the special Googles. meanwhile on a distant planet name Kobrik with the misnomer The Planet of Sudden Death. Qaztoh is in restaurant looking at a news paper title Galaxy Express News saying " hmm who's was the idoit who came up with the title for this planet. " " I mean Planet of Sudden Death?"

" that's so misleading." " well I guess people will do anything to attract tourism." " Even going so far as to blatant false advertisement." " not this place was going to be fun it turns out it's pretty boring."

" hmm what's this question." " top booming tourist hot spots !" Qaztoh looks at the list and spots the name Earth on it saying " wait wasn't that the planet Praxat was sent to ?" " what's so special about it?"

" Earth know for as lovely blue oceans , exotic animals and is wonderful food." " Earth is one of the fastest growing hot spots for Tourism due to it's delectable exotic food." " huh earth food is that good?" " hmm okay I think I'll make earth my next stop."

" hopefully it's more fun than this planet ." " well with Praxat there she probably just going to get on my back of how I should take up the mantel of Queen. " "how it's my responsibility and balh blah blah blah balh." " I just want to have fun but no Miss killjoy just has to be like responsibility this and responsibility that."

"and where does she get off talking to me about responsibility ?" " she's my freaking maid I don't have to listen to her." " besides like there's anything I could do against the Replitas." " I can't lead entire country of people I am just a kid."

"why do I have to shoulder such responsibility . " " all I want to do is going places, meet guys and have fun." " well I haven't see her in a long time so maybe she's change?" " still I hate those stupid killjoys who find out I'm a princess telling me I'm running away from my responsibility."

" what do those dumbasses know?" "it's not like I'm running away I just what to have fun." Qaztoh starts eating her food than spits it out saying " shit the food here is terrible." " hopefully the food on earth is good as this news paper says it is, because anything would be better this crap."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hm, an inexperienced one, eh? In that regard, being with someone older and -- perhaps -- more experienced than she was a good thing. And yet, it seemed, that inexperience had given birth to a fit of jealousy. It was then that she knew she made the right decision in not stirring the pot. If she had, it would have exploded into something utter h̶i̶l̶a̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ catastrophic, with her right in the center of it.

Were she less refined, she would have been disappointed by that missed and wasted opportunity to sow drama and dissension within the ranks of these lowly humans.

"I wouldn't fret. He seems to be very loyal." Again, the urge to mention how much Dash appeared to want to mate with Zaofan was on the tip of her tongue. She resisted. "Jealousy is, unfortunately, not beneath higher evolved creatures as much as we would like to say otherwise. There are, however, ways to... dissuade potential rivals. Would you like to know a few?"

"Calm down. He's on his way back here as we speak. He even inquired about you shortly before he left, so I assume he's returning to see you." Humans fretted over the smallest things.
    "I'm not jealous...Its complicated" Etrina muttered defensively even as she patted back and forth. "Besides....A rival insinuates someone be my equal for his affection. The idea is laughable. But...." Etrina bit her nail, a look of annoyance crossing her face. "....Honestly....The fault is mine, I've been too passive with him. Between spending time apart and work......."

Just like that, Parsley sensed that the chef has returned. "See? I told you you were worrying over nothing. I'll show you how to break your rival's spirit, then kill your them later."

With that, she took her leave to give the two some privacy.
    "No need for that....I know who I'm doing to discipline." Etrina let parsley pass, making sure to put on her best face of authority as she prepared to meet Zaofan for the first time in many months. Before she could move to meet him however....

Approaching opposite from him, the chef would find Etrina...in a fashion. Ochazuke, arms folded before him, still bore the four Channel Foci on his person, the diminuitive image of the Stoltengarde heir seated where they would, chattering upon his limbs and shoulders. His usually hard countenance stretched into an uneasy smile under narrowed eyes as he greeted Zaofan.

"You've grown swifter since the end of training, all the easier to lose track of, it seems," he said.

He held out his left hand where the temperamental little Etrina avatar garbed in her White hood was seated.

"You've met...and yet, you haven't quite, yet," he said, attempting to broker an introduction between the two. "Your creator is ever full of surprises."
    "Deerlet!" The White Etrina pointed and shouted excitedly. "Its about time! Come here, Come here....I wanna slap that cute face of yours til you cry!"

"Rejoice Swine, heralds of your loving wife has arrived. Accept her favor and bask in our glory." The blue Etrina proclaimed.

"Ehehee....One Sheepie Zaofan.....*yawn*.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz" The Green Etrina slumped over and immediately feel asleep.

"Oh no! If counting sheep puts you to sleep counting Zaofans is even worse gozu!!" The red Etrina screamed.

As the three walked away towards the dinning area, Dash stayed behind, leaning against the wall. She didn't have invisibility or teleportation, so there was a chance she might run into someone, even at normal speed, on her way to the guest rooms. She considered leaving the Lookout for a while, but decided against it. Eventually she stood up straight and headed inside herself, hoping that Zaofan had Etrina so distracted she wouldn't notice her.

It was not that she believed she had anything to feel guilty for, far from it in fact. The run helped her focus, but most importantly it helped her deal with her feelings and get past them. The only question is, will Etrina believe that, or is she the type to go on a jealous rage at the drop of a hat. Facing her uncertainty, she entered the building and made her way to where she could wash up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I'm not jealous...Its complicated" Etrina muttered defensively even as she patted back and forth. "Besides....A rival insinuates someone be my equal for his affection. The idea is laughable. But...." Etrina bit her nail, a look of annoyance crossing her face. "....Honestly....The fault is mine, I've been too passive with him. Between spending time apart and work......."

"No need for that....I know who I'm doing to discipline." Etrina let parsley pass, making sure to put on her best face of authority as she prepared to meet Zaofan for the first time in many months. Before she could move to meet him however....

"Deerlet!" The White Etrina pointed and shouted excitedly. "Its about time! Come here, Come here....I wanna slap that cute face of yours til you cry!"

"Rejoice Swine, heralds of your loving wife has arrived. Accept her favor and bask in our glory." The blue Etrina proclaimed.

"Ehehee....One Sheepie Zaofan.....*yawn*.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz" The Green Etrina slumped over and immediately feel asleep.

"Oh no! If counting sheep puts you to sleep counting Zaofans is even worse gozu!!" The red Etrina screamed.
    It took as much stealth as she could muster to slip past all of the Etrinas, but Dash quietly made her way deeper into the building. The only problem was, in searching for the washroom while trying to evade attention, she ended up getting lost.