Page 235 of 782 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 11718

Default Final Preparation, Pt. 1 - I Dream of Blood Magic

After Parsley and the others departed, Ishtar took some moments to recover her reserves of Ki before returning to the task of preparing for Jagam, and the Threshling Witch. Yet what came next was unlike the seeding of Ki into the sandstone spires that jutted from this ruined landscape to cast long shadows in the dying sun. As such, what the Oni intended -- now that she was wholly alone and free from prying eyes -- was not for the others to witness.

So when she was ready and brimming with the energy pilfered from hidden flora, Ishtar stood and drew her Katchin Saber from unseen space. When the blade was given form, its matte black edge seeming to darkle in the burgeoning dusk, the Oni chose then to linger a moment; her golden eyes appraising the centuries old weapon as she turned it over in her hand. Yet despite the familiarity -- and even comfort -- there was in holding the simple blade; it was still strange.

"..."

Found -- or pilfered -- little more than a year before, within the Derelict Armory hidden within the bowels of Evangeline's Lookout, there was no denying that its recovery was nothing beyond coincidence. Yet the blade had quickly seen itself put to use ... the eternally sharp weapon first used by Ishtar, to strike a blow against a man -- Battersea -- as he attempted to silence those who would stand against him. A thing in the end, he certainly failed, in no small part to the desperate thrust the Oni offered, that slicked the black blade with Lion's blood. The Katchin weapon had seen its next use then, against Ishtar's former Kin, Marduk, after the two had come to blows. Though the twilight edge of the weapon Ishtar now held never tasted the Oni-turned-Daemon's blood. It had simply been brandished, and held by the golden-eyed Oni as she made ready to meet whatever fate come next ... and while these were the only instances of note in the months since the Katchin Saber had been found; there was no denying an underlying trend.

She had only ever turned to the weapon, when she felt its unbreakable edge was necessary in her bid to correct an imbalance.

Just as she meant to, now.

"I see ..."

Lifting her eyes from the weapon to stare up toward Earth's sun, then, Ishtar lingered a moment before offering a nod -- to herself, or the weapon it was hard to know -- only to begin walking toward the closest prepared sandstone pillar.

The name of you, is on the tip of my tongue ... I will know it soon.

---

Over the next several hours then, Ishtar toiled, moving from jagged spire, to jagged spire as she took her pitch dark blade to those well prepared edifices -- filled with Ki from Oni, and Saiyan -- to carve intricate runic circles at various places along the length of them. An added measure and in many ways a guarantee, that should the Saiyan Killer, and his handler that Threshling ... Bitch ... find themselves too close; a spell that subjugated an intrinsic force might be turned against them. Ensuring at the least that the traps laid earlier by Parsley, and herself might strike true.

And in this effort Ishtar found herself quite successful.

The runic circles, carved deep and with careful precision into the sandstone pillars, whispered and hummed with vestiges of an ancient strength; a testament beyond mere words hinting to the determination that guided her. Yet it was that strength that give rise to an issue. It was not hard to miss the well-etched lines, and for those who could sense such things, the magicks that permeated the runes themselves could even felt.

So when the carving was finished, the sun now fully hidden from view, Ishtar paused a moment more to give thought to their concealment.

How ?

It would not do to coat the markings in detritus or dust -- their power would be muted, not wholly obscured -- and it would not stand to deface what had taken hours and an outpouring of energy that was not easily replenished. Which meant that most measures were barred, or at the least ineffective when pitted against the senses of the Ki-sensitive, and those possessed of Arcane Insight. No ... it would take something, that the Oni herself was not fond of using. Though not for dis A thing that had been made use of some months before in the Derelict Armory, where she had given a fragment of herself along with the whispered words of a long-forgotten cult, to give shape to capricious thought, and give the strength of flesh and blood to tendrils of shadow.

A blessing of life ... an offering of blood.

"So be it then."

Ishtar offered a sigh to the empty Wastes, before slowly stepping forward sword almost glistening in the glow of the gibbous moon.

And when she reached the nearest spire, Ishtar's right wrist twitched, and the Katchin Blade held in the hand attached flickered out of existence briefly, before settling. "Tch." The pain was momentary, and yet the almost-tickle that followed as her dark blue ichor began to lazily spill from her now split wrist persisted in time with the steady beating of her heart. Though when it was done and her blood flowed freely, the golden-eyed Oni couldn't help but note the ease at which the saber she held took to the task.

The name draws closer yet ... perhaps before this night has died.

Careful to keep her precious ichor from being offered to the worthless stone beneath her feet, Ishtar was quick to coat the single-edge of the Katchin Saber in her lifeblood before quickly tracing the outline of the runic circle carved some hours before; and with this offering of blood, came simple words from Ancient Sources. "Ichor of the Undying, to secret from prying eyes ... may it serve as ample to source to obscure where power lies."

There was a shudder that ran the base of Ishtar's spine then, to the base of her skull, and though there was no tangible evidence beyond this that the spell -- Blood Magic, for there could be no denial now -- had been successful, over the course of several seconds the whispering hum of energy and might that could be felt within the rune faded away to nothingness. The spell was successful ... not even Ishtar herself would know where the traps were hidden ... had she not been the one to lay them.

An acceptable offering.

Letting out another sigh then, the Oni lifted her golden eyes and fixed them briefly on Earth's Moon, before setting her eyes and starting her march, toward the next and nearest pillar.

"One down. Many more to go."

As she continued to perform this grim task, moving now from pillar to pillar as she continued to offer up her lifeblood, Ishtar's thoughts turned back in time to some millennia before -- a definite number of years she did not know, yet it was at the least 3,000 or so -- to the Jiangshi who had offered up this stygian art, and the insights it had provided into the mind of one who reveled in exsanguination; and had willing traded away mortality -- and the morality of the time -- in its pursuit, and eventual perfection.

It ... her. Her name had been Ming Yue (明月).

Though she had not matched the myths that were spoken of her kind -- she did not hop with arms outstretched -- she had certainly fit the others. And when they had first met, Ishtar, and Ming Yue, the Haemophage had been in the process of attempting to perform what she had referred to as a 'sanguinous exsanguination'. A thing in the end the Oni certainly did not fault the girl for, despite her nature, she was simply doing what was required for her to survive now that she had attained immortality of a specific bent ... and a thing that ultimately saw to their companionship for a short few centuries, the two choosing to travel together, sticking to the dark worlds, backwater worlds. In in this time, as the two traveled -- and Ishtar fed Ming Yue her own Ichor, and Ki -- the two had grown close, offering stories and secrets that had not been offered to another in millennia ... and it was some of these secrets that were now being put to use.

Yet despite the faint distaste Ishtar felt for such magicks ... there was a certain excitement -- wholly absent when she had learned all those millennia before -- that came with each flick of her Katchin Blade, and each trickle of dark blue Ichor. So it was, that as Ishtar moved to her last few runes ... a song that had been taught to her by Ming Yue, saw its way to echoing across the vacant Mesa; and before the final rune when the excitement was almost tangible, the golden-eyed Oni offered the following.

"Ming Yue ... Bright Moon. I understand better now ... how beautiful it is this lifeblood mine ... all silver-black, and shimmering; and how it almost seems to dance in the ephemeral glow, of a freshly gibbous moon."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Final Preparation, Pt. 2 - A River of Blood

By the time Ishtar finished, those runic seals with ancient power now wholly obscured save for their remembered placement; her blood had been well spent ... and yet there was one last thing to do. So with a shuddering, and a tired sigh, the golden-eyed Oni slowly staggered toward the 'center' of the Wastes. And when she found it, she simply sat, and held out her arm to let what blood yet spilled from her deep would drip slowly into the sandstone beneath her. Then with a quivering lip, Ishtar offered a word to bind them.

"A final writ, a forgotten rite ... from my offering of blood in this gibbous light. If the time should come when old wards be threatened to fall ... with a sanguinous word, may I trigger them all."

As with all the other incantations offered this night, the spell took several seconds to complete ... and yet when it was finished, and the evidence of her dark spell-weaving disappeared; what she had hinted towards in her conversation with Ochazuke was now set permanent, into the sandstone ... and should the time come when Ishtar felt it would be necessary -- be it from the discovery of her traps, or the worst coming to pass -- the golden-eyed Oni would offer a word ...

And the Wastes would at once become a Tomb.

Finally finished now, and exhausted, Ishtar turned her eyes up toward the Moon a final time, before offering words of a different sort. "Thank you, Ming Yue ... though you are gone, and I know not where ... what you offered me along with your friendship prove decisive in the thing to come."

Looking down at the blade that had for the third time offered itself up without protest, then, the Oni smiled, before allowing the blade to return to its resting place. The name she had felt on the tip of her tongue, was known to her now; and tomorrow it would be known to all.

That decided, and with nothing left to do but return, Ishtar lingered a moment more -- to build the energy necessary to transmit her physical form -- before a soft flash of blue signaled Ishtar's return to the Lookout.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Approaching opposite from him, the chef would find Etrina...in a fashion. Ochazuke, arms folded before him, still bore the four Channel Foci on his person, the diminuitive image of the Stoltengarde heir seated where they would, chattering upon his limbs and shoulders. His usually hard countenance stretched into an uneasy smile under narrowed eyes as he greeted Zaofan.

"You've grown swifter since the end of training, all the easier to lose track of, it seems," he said.

He held out his left hand where the temperamental little Etrina avatar garbed in her White hood was seated.

"You've met...and yet, you haven't quite, yet," he said, attempting to broker an introduction between the two. "Your creator is ever full of surprises."
    "Hah! Well met, brother! You are always a welcome relief!" With that, Zaofan received his gesture warmly, even if the learned prodigy struggled through pleasantries. "But what do you mean by..."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

"No need for that....I know who I'm doing to discipline." Etrina let parsley pass, making sure to put on her best face of authority as she prepared to meet Zaofan for the first time in many months. Before she could move to meet him however....

"Deerlet!" The White Etrina pointed and shouted excitedly. "Its about time! Come here, Come here....I wanna slap that cute face of yours til you cry!"

"Rejoice Swine, heralds of your loving wife has arrived. Accept her favor and bask in our glory." The blue Etrina proclaimed.

"Ehehee....One Sheepie Zaofan.....*yawn*.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz" The Green Etrina slumped over and immediately feel asleep.

"Oh no! If counting sheep puts you to sleep counting Zaofans is even worse gozu!!" The red Etrina screamed.
    "...ohhhhhhhwwhhhaaa--?!"

It didn't take long for Meagan to finish eating. Afterwards, after leaving the dining area, she saw Lady Eva, alone. Walking up to her, "Lady, may I talk with you?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Hah! Well met, brother! You are always a welcome relief!" With that, Zaofan received his gesture warmly, even if the learned prodigy struggled through pleasantries. "But what do you mean by..."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Deerlet!" The White Etrina pointed and shouted excitedly. "Its about time! Come here, Come here....I wanna slap that cute face of yours til you cry!"

"Rejoice Swine, heralds of your loving wife has arrived. Accept her favor and bask in our glory." The blue Etrina proclaimed.

"Ehehee....One Sheepie Zaofan.....*yawn*.....ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz" The Green Etrina slumped over and immediately feel asleep.

"Oh no! If counting sheep puts you to sleep counting Zaofans is even worse gozu!!" The red Etrina screamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "...ohhhhhhhwwhhhaaa--?!"
    Expression still flate even where he stood underneath the quartet's annunciation, Ochazuke blinked hard and exhaled in a slow, meditative length before speaking.

"Before you arrived there was a development within the Room of Spirit and Time that required Etrina's skills," he said, "she left this...contingency in my hands."

The narcoleptic Green avatar collapsed to slumber, and again he prod her to attention. "Four bodies formed from a single consciousness, that is the classical Multiform technique, and while it has its advantages in a duel, its scope is limited. Set apart with a different view, however, no angle is underlooked."

Over Zaofan's shoulder, he turned his gaze toward the mage herself.

"But perhaps she can explain this matter more thoroughly herself ."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It didn't take long for Meagan to finish eating. Afterwards, after leaving the dining area, she saw Lady Eva, alone. Walking up to her, "Lady, may I talk with you?"
    Eva nods.

“What troubles you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva nods.

“What troubles you?”
    "Not sure if 'troubles' is the right word, though it does seem like being a Guardian has it's limitations. Officially, I'm still just a Guardian Apprentice, like Kai. Yet the power Lady Iris' spirit gave me was a fraction of her divine power, I think. It's still a lot to in-process, and still somewhat confusing. I thought, perhaps, you might be able to offer some insight. For example, when we arrived, Kai had told us that he was not allowed inside the Time and Space room because he was a Guardian at the time. Another example, Lady Iris' spirit asked me to bring an object back to Earth. She said that the object would choose its' user, but that I should not touch it because of my status as a Guardian."

Meagan then gave Eva a questioning look, "Are there unique dangers that Guardians need to be aware of? Am I particularly vulnerable to anything? I would hate to go into battle only to end up more of a burden than an asset to the others."

the next morning Praxat wakes up at grabs a news paper and looks at it saying " huh I didn't know this planet got Galaxy Express News." " let's see today's headlines wait that one reads Golden color Toadian gets kick out of restaurant on Planet Kobrik for bad mouthing the staff and for excessive swearing." " the Toadian's last comment before being kick out was " well beep this place ." " it's not my fault their food sucks and their service is lousy."

" the staff have reported the Toadian as being bratty and disrespectful . " " stating her foul mouth was effecting their work. " " no reports of her being aggressive just excessive swearing . " " swearing of any kind is not allow in the restaurant states the Manager of the establishment as this is a family restaurant."

Praxat sighs after reading this saying out loud " Dammit Qaztoh what the hell." " why the hell are you own planet Kobrik ?" " dammit is this what your doing all this time screwing around instead of taking responsibility?" " Dammit Qaztoh you can't just go around swearing and bad mouthing people."

" that's highly immature." Praxat puts the news paper back saying " Okay I'm going to grab those special googles now and put them on."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

The Nevadian entered the grand hall, the gathering place for those who could be considered the strongest warriors to walk upon this earth. There were many faces, most familiar, a few unknown to him. He gave brief thought to mingling with the others--It had been the better half of a year since he had seen them, and despite himself, curiosity took hold. Sasheem, Sarada and Meagan seemed to have found a drastic change of pace during that time, and Held couldn't help but wonder what else had gone on during their separation.

However, it was not to be--Atleast not at this moment, as the loud rumbling of his stomach overruled his mind, shaking loose what thoughts he might have had into dust and nothingness.

His gaze fell upon the enormous tables of the hall, filled with tray upon tray of delicacies as far as the eye could see, exotic dishes the Nevadian had never seen, some he had seen, and found beyond his ability to pronounce, and a few mundane dishes that under Zaofans excellent hands looked positively sublime.

He nodded to himself, clearly pleased as he took hold of a tray, stocking it with several plates, and upon these plates he put all manner of drink and sustenance.

There were some benefits to being one of earths chosen heroes, it seemed.

...I just hope this won't end up as my last meal....

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It was nighttime when Sarada finally made it back to Earth and the Lookout. She was aching all over, both from training and the trauma from having watching her friends and her love die right in front of her. While it was all just an illusion, it felt real enough to elicit that kind of reaction out of her. She sighed heavily and walked to one of the palm trees and sat down. She was starving, and there wasn't a whole lot of time left before Jagam arrived, meaning that everything else she needed to do needed to be done soon.

Yet, she didn't feel like it. She was so tired and just wanted to find Ishtar and curl up in her embrace. Yet, I don't think she's around. And this all has to be done if we're going to survive this fight.

With a tired sigh, she rose to her feet.

"Ah, there you are," came a man's voice from nearby. When she turned, she found a Turripian scientist walking toward her. "We managed to do as you asked, Your Highness." He handed her the case he had been holding all this time. "Exactly to your specifications, might I add."

She smiled and opened the container. Inside was a single silver ball, about the size of a golfball. "And the virus Hilda used on us is inside this ball?"

He nodded. "Yes."

"Excellent. Good work. One more thing: this portal generator can travel to Ishisna, right?"

He nodded again. "Yes. The Conglomerate was looking into jumpstarting the colony again after Vocado concluded their investigation of its sudden depopulation. That had been still ongoing up until the tournament."

She frowned. She didn't want to mess with that, but she need a sure-fire way to win this battle in case the virus didn't work. "Alright. That will be all. Thanks again."

"You're very welcome. And good luck." He looked like he wanted to say more, but wisely held back. With one more nod, he stepped through a portal leading back to Turrip.

She waited until he was gone before opening a black portal and stepping through it.

Ishisna. One of Vocado's earliest attempts at colonization and expansion, rather than simply selling off the planet to the highest bidder. While the latter made them significantly more money in the short-term, the former opened avenues previously unknown to them. It also paved the way for the restoration of their honor by helping them realize that there was more to life than killing and enslavement.

What was once a hustling, bustling city that offered a glimpse into the race-wide metamorphosis that the Saiyans would under was at that moment nothing more than an empty, barren mystery. No one knew what happened to the Saiyans on this world. One day they were there, the next, they weren't. Becbaga launched an investigation that went nowhere, then years later Mato reopened the case. Sarada was mulling over continuing it, and had yet to come to a decision. Until then, she shelved it.

A good thing.

She took some time, a half-hour at most, to look around and imagine what life was like on this world. It wasn't very advanced by any means, but it was home to the hundreds of Saiyans that lived there. It was during this, that she found a small black box in the middle of what looked like building Ishisna's leader lived. She knew this was the module that the portal generator contacted before making a portal. She was glad she found it first. She picked it up and tucked it under her arm.

It was a shame, what Sarada planned on doing next, but she knew deep down that this had to be done. With a single breath to steel herself, then a second, much deeper one, she launched herself skyward. She pierced the dingy gray clouds that hung morosely over the empty planet. The air was gradually getting thinner and thinner the further out she flew, not to mention colder.

You can do this, Sarada.

Her aura was a lone crimson star streaking away from the planet into the dark coldness of outer space. Her first thought was to stop right there, but she knew that she needed to be very far from the planet. But the lack of air was getting to her, and the cold was nipping at her skin. It would get unbearable after a while. This would be a lot easier if I hadn't already transformed into Hitozaru, I don't want to overtax myself out here. Okay, this is far enough.

She turned and let the black box float out of her hand, then cupped them together. Galick Gun... Fire! The Galick Gun erupted from her aura and streaked toward the uninhabited planet. It collided with the surface, creating a violent rippling effect that was visible even from outer space. Sarada kept the beam going. She wasn't sure if she was strong enough to destroy an entire planet, but knew that if she kept it up, it would eventually explode. Sure enough, she started to see large domes of magma rise into the air and pop like molten bubbles.

That's it. Time to leave!

She cut the beam off and hastily tapped at her wrist. Come on, come on!! An ominous, heart-attack inducing white glow overtook the planet. **** **** ****!!! A portal mercifully opened, allowing Sarada to return to Earth just before her sordid work bore its planet-shatter fruit.

-------------------------

When Sarada touched back down on the Lookout, she gasped desperately for air. She didn't know how long she had been in the space, but it wasn't really something she wanted to do again any time soon. At least until she was much stronger and better able to take it. Not to mention was able to hold her breath longer.

She checked the portal device on her wrist and smiled. The module to Ishisna survived the explosion. If worst came to worst, she could simply dump Jagam there and call it a day. Sarada had several contingency plans in place in case things didn't go their way, on top of whatever preparations the others made. After this, she was feeling much better about the battle ahead.

"Time to eat something."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Default A Triumphant Return---Interupted!: Part 3

Six Months Earlier:

The Cantina was the very definition of hustle and bustle. All manner of beings, of all creeds from the universe traversed the modest building making movement and noise a constant. The pounding of footsteps on the pavement were met by the clanging of plates, and the wordless vocalizations of the the buildings inhabitants. It was truly an orchestra of chaos.

Seated around a metallic, rectangular table, four beings sought to being their business among this chaos.

"Normally, I would insist on you having to wait outside as I bother to get my clients side of the story." Drag Drangstom said with an arrogant grin adorning his face. It was oddly fitting, almost to the point that any other expression seemed almost disappointing. "After all, considering the weight of these accusations---"

"Hey, let's not get too serious here, eh?"

The officer spoke with a voice that seemed burdened, and tired of carrying that burden, barely able to hide his disdain at the world. "We said it was voluntary, didn't we? Or do you not think the loss of over a billion lives isn't worth inconveniencing the legendary Held Debon?"

"And you think ambushing an innocent man in the middle of space on his way home and asking to talk to him counts as 'Voluntary'?" Drag retorted, clearly incredulous as he rubbed his hand through his white hair, "If so, I'd hate to see what you'd do if he said no."

"Heh. Cute. Nice to see you're as prone to theatrics as always, Drag."

"It's always a pleasure to keep you from taking your shitty mood out on the galaxy, Officer Ferr."

The tension between the two was broken by the loud, violent clearing of a throat.

"Not to break up this romantic evening." Held said, with a sigh, "But, perhaps we could hurry this up, so I could go home? I didn't realize I was here for a reunion of some sort."

The Officer, Ferr, snorted at the Nevadians comment, before taking a swig of the flask that stood on the table in front of him, "I could see your shitty lawyer ten years from now, and it'd be too soon. I see this guy more than I see my grandmother."

"Maybe if you actually bothered to secure some actual evidence before you go on your wild goose chases from time to time, we wouldn't keep crossing paths as much as we do." the lawyer retorted, carefully pouring sugar into his coffee, stirring the contents of his cup gently.

"Bullshit. You're the bulldog of the Merchant Guild's legal team; The second someone comes on your yard, you run out like fucking cujo."

"Who?"

"...It's an earthling thing, forget it."

"Anyways--" Drag continued his response, "Believe it or not, I have neither the time or inclination to shut down every case from the Galaxy Police--"

"Could have fooled me." His sparring partner replied dryly.

"--So much as your cases tend to be so paltry, so circumstantial, so lacking in evidence--"

"Drag" Held turned towards his lawyer, placing his hand over his mouth in a conspiratorial manner, "I still have to talk to these guys"

"You mean the cases that point out the illegal dealings of the merchants guild, where your clients--and the members of the guild--are caught dead to rights, and you somehow manage to worm them out of solid cases?" Schwi-Ferr intoned, his voice as sharp as a knife.

Drag spoke louder, clearly overruling his clients wishes. "And yet, so filled with paperwork that I can't send my clerks to come handle this; I tend to see through to these matters much easier."

Oh Kami, please help me. The Nevadian thought, turning to his tea, silently praying into it.

"We could get you both a room." The Android, Ferrs partner stated, tilting her head quizzically to the side, "If that would make you both calm down. Some of us have...work."

"Damnit, Rm-Ba." Schwi growled with disapproval, "You gotta cut my balls off in the middle of work?"

"It...seems to be the only way to make you work...." She sighed slightly, "Without using them."

Ferr opened his mouth, intent on rebutting, only to be cut off by his partner.

"Sit. Watch....Support. I will handle...The rest."

She turned her gaze from her partner to Drag and his client.

"...Fun Icebreaker." She shrugged slightly, "Shall we begin? Genocide and War...Don't solve themselves."

"Held?"

"If you two are done trying to fornicate all over my breakfast, sure." Held replied with a smirk, "Then I guess it's as good a time as any."

"Well, aren't you two a riot. Fucking comedians, the lot."
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-01-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Despite her assertion, made mere seconds earlier, the illusionary imagery of Ishtar in grave peril had worked. Sarada felt anxious, terrified that this was the fate that awaited her love – reduced to nothing more than a bargaining chip to coax her into surrendering. Despite knowing the outcome in advance, she forged ahead, hoping against hope itself that her attacks did some good.

They did, but arrived too late.

Before they reached the halfway point between herself and the goddess, Ishtar was destroyed.

No, her image. Her eyes wide with horror and pain and agony, her death more painful than Sarada could bear to realize.

"…no…"

Even if she could still feel her Oni, her real Oni, back on Earth safe and sound, the horrific sight before her looked too real. Even as Asha'rah spasmed in the pain inflicted by Agony Matrix, it all paled in comparison to the pain she felt inwardly.

Suddenly, a swarm of insects appeared out of the cloud of dust kicked up when Asha'rah fell to her knees. They somehow managed to chew through her royal clothing, then exploded when they reached her bare skin. Sarada let out a scream and fell to her knees. There werent too many places on her body that hadn't been beset by a miniature explosion.

Her clothes were in tatters and she was bleeding profusely from the injuries, but she was still in the fight. It would take more than this to defeat her!

Again they tried. Again, an all too real, life-like image of Ishtar appeared in Asha'rah's hand, completely at her mercy. Sarada now knew that a mere twitch, a simple exertion could and would end her life. She had to try a different avenue. Direct wasn't the way to go.

To make matters worse, images of their friends appeared beside her, also injured to various degrees. Damn it. What can I do?! If I do the same thing, she'll just kill Ishtar again. If I try another way of attack, she may kill the others. There's only one thing I can do. I hope this works.

"Wait. Let me switch places with Ishtar. It's me you want, right?" The giantess before her was a proxy for Jagam, therefore she had to act as if the Saiyan Killer was standing before her. "Take me instead."
    Oh? Sarada offered herself in exchange for Ishtar. A true sacrifice, or a clever ploy? There were many hidden paths forward in a situation like this, even the best of them treacherous.

Asha'rah made a show of hesitating, then nodded.

"I will release her only as I claim you."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Oh? Sarada offered herself in exchange for Ishtar. A true sacrifice, or a clever ploy? There were many hidden paths forward in a situation like this, even the best of them treacherous.

Asha'rah made a show of hesitating, then nodded.

"I will release her only as I claim you."
    Good, she took the bait. Ishtar's proxy was assured safe deliverance away from Asha'rah at Sarada's own expense. That was fine, as she had a plan that would -- hopefully -- lead to her also escaping the swirling sphere of destructive energy.

"Fine," she agreed, and seemed to drop her guard to show she meant what she said.

I'll need to time this right. That **** is permanent. One slip and it's over.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Not sure if 'troubles' is the right word, though it does seem like being a Guardian has it's limitations. Officially, I'm still just a Guardian Apprentice, like Kai. Yet the power Lady Iris' spirit gave me was a fraction of her divine power, I think. It's still a lot to in-process, and still somewhat confusing. I thought, perhaps, you might be able to offer some insight. For example, when we arrived, Kai had told us that he was not allowed inside the Time and Space room because he was a Guardian at the time. Another example, Lady Iris' spirit asked me to bring an object back to Earth. She said that the object would choose its' user, but that I should not touch it because of my status as a Guardian."

Meagan then gave Eva a questioning look, "Are there unique dangers that Guardians need to be aware of? Am I particularly vulnerable to anything? I would hate to go into battle only to end up more of a burden than an asset to the others."
    Eva puts a finger on her chin in a questioning pose.

“Not particularly vulnerable, no, unless one includes this new....parasite...thing. Unique dangers, potentially. If I may ask, what type of Guardian do you intend to be? Proactive? Observational? Studious?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva puts a finger on her chin in a questioning pose.

“Not particularly vulnerable, no, unless one includes this new....parasite...thing. Unique dangers, potentially. If I may ask, what type of Guardian do you intend to be? Proactive? Observational? Studious?”
    From her reaction, it was clear that Meagan didn't have a clue about what it meant to be a Guardian, "Well, I am who I am. I'm no scholar like Lady Iris. I do like to read and learn new things, but the Orphanage only offered the equivalent of an elementary school education. Technically, I never went to high school, much less had any advance education. Lady Reimi made sure I was exposed to a wide range of educational experiences, that's how I learned to dance; and Jinzi has been helping me with it as well. Though with all of the fighting and training there hasn't been much time to complete my education."

Looking thoughtful, "I do enjoy teaching, realized that when I was helping the other learn to fly. Spent time back home teaching Martial Arts to a group of eager students."

Pursing her lips slightly in thought, "As far as getting involved, not sure I entirely have a choice. My people have already made it abundantly clear that the next Guardian has to be involved. They don't want a Guardian who sits in the temple like a hermit, only appearing when someone comes to her. That was how it was with Lady Iris. From what I have been told, Lady Iris enjoyed spending her time in the Temple, working on her projects. There were usually one or more members of the Sisterhood there to help out and keep her company, and when there was something really important going on she would occasionally leave the temple to deal with it. But otherwise, if anyone, from child, to scholar, to politician wished to speak with her, they had to make the trip there and ask for permission."

"I'm just the daughter of Peacekeeper and a Nurse. I'm not royalty or wealthy or socially connected. The only thing special about me was that I was crazy enough, or brave enough, to take a risk to help my people. This whole Guardian thing, at times it just doesn't feel right. I feel like I'm being asked to step into shoes a million times greater than my own. Still, if it is what my people need, if it is what they want, if I can help them, then I'll do it. However, I'll have to do it my way. That means helping my people learn to help themselves. I plan on eventually opening the temple up to my people as a school. A place where they can learn from all of the knowledge Lady Iris accumulated. I really believe she intended to do that herself someday, so I don't think she'll mind."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-02-2018 at 07:20 AM.