Page 237 of 782 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 11718

Praxat meets up with Jinzi while fetching her special googles saying " Jinzi the Leader of the Replitas contact me." "he don't me if I don't give him a report on earth within the next few weeks he's going to massacre my family one by one." " he told me his goal was to become the King of the cosmos or some shit like that." "his name is Killrog!"

"however I'm going to focus on the battle at hand ." " I can't let myself be clouded by anger." " I need to focus my attention on Jagam he's the current threat." "Killrog is like the rest of the Replitas."

" he's sadistic smart , cunning and cruel ." " Killrog shows a level of intelligence not shown in the rest of his race." " the Replitas never bother to attack my race before Killrog became their leader." "When he became leader of the Replitas was the when my race was attack and enslave by the Replitas."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat meets up with Jinzi while fetching her special googles saying " Jinzi the Leader of the Replitas contact me." "he don't me if I don't give him a report on earth within the next few weeks he's going to massacre my family one by one." " he told me his goal was to become the King of the cosmos or some shit like that." "his name is Killrog!"

"however I'm going to focus on the battle at hand ." " I can't let myself be clouded by anger." " I need to focus my attention on Jagam he's the current threat." "Killrog is like the rest of the Replitas."

" he's sadistic smart , cunning and cruel ." " Killrog shows a level of intelligence not shown in the rest of his race." " the Replitas never bother to attack my race before Killrog became their leader." "When he became leader of the Replitas was the when my race was attack and enslave by the Replitas."
    Jinzi nods.

“Ok, I’ll get into contact with the Galaxy Police and see what they can do about the situation on your home planet, ok?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In her desire to make amends for, inadvertently, making moves on someone else man, Dash's over-eagerness to vanish so that there would be no chance of running into either Zaofan or Etrina, resulted in wandering around the deepest levels of the Lookout.

While searching for the stairway back up, she stumbled into a large room. The room was immaculate, with polished stonework and pillars. Stepping inside, more out of curiosity then anything, she found herself back at the Tournament where she had first met Zaofan. Looking behind her, she saw, herself, leaning against a tree, unable to move. Turning forward she watched the others battle Battersea, and she froze briefly before summoning up her courage and taking a flying leap at the world champion. As she was about to unleash her attack, she was thrown back, again being slammed against the tree.

The scene faded, and she looked around, back now in the polished room. Standing up carefully, she was relived to find herself uninjured, though she still rubbed the base of her spine where the original injury had occurred. Once she had been healed, she was assured that the injury would not stop her again. But a lingering doubt still nagged at her. The fear that came from nearly losing the ability to walk, this room reminded her of it. She did not know why it did, but maybe its' for the best. The worst thing that could happen is to become frozen in fear over something in the past, something she had already overcome.

Leaving the room, she did some stretching exercises, making sure that everything was in working order, before heading back upstairs and hopefully a hot shower.
    After taking her shower and changing her clothes into something comfortable enough to sleep in, Dash heads in search of Meagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She bows slightly at the acknowledgment.

“Thank you. As to the final part of your question, about threats, each position has its own and its own limitations and freedoms. I cannot really say what Chroma’s will be.”
    "I understand, though I had assumed there were some universal commonalities among Guardians. Then again, there aren't many of them, are there?" Meagan then bowed slightly, "Thank you for your help." She stood up and smiled, "I'm lucky to have you as a role model."
    "Hey, Meagan?" Dash then turns to Eva, "Oh, Guardian Ma'am, excuse me for interrupting, but is there a fancy room here that make you see the past? Just wanna make sure I wasn't hallucinating."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-03-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

[QUOTE]
    Jinzi nods.

“Ok, I’ll get into contact with the Galaxy Police and see what they can do about the situation on your home planet, ok?”
    Praxat nods saying " thank you." " oh one question have the Galaxy Police ever dealt with a mutant before?" " I know that the definition of mutant is a creature that is different from others of its type because of a permanent change in its genes." " Killrog fits the definition of the word."

" one more thing apparently this planet gets the Galaxy Express News." " cause I just read a article in it." " my people's princess Qaztoh has cause a rucks at a family restaurant on a planet called Kobrik ." " the Headline read Golden color Toadian gets kick out of restaurant on Planet Kobrik for bad mouthing the staff and for excessive swearing."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Eva sits down by him where he lays flat on the Lookout, having dozed off. Kai has healed some of his wounds taken in Otherworld, and Eva now gazed down with a kind smile.

“I never thanked you for your help in Otherworld and HFIL, Jack. Thank you.”
    "Heh, no worries." Jack's face split into a rueful grin, "Wasn't as if I was going to go anywhere else, was I?"

Jack righted himself with a quick jump.

"I do hope that you're done with that place for awhile, because I don't plan on going back anytime soon. If you have something else you need doing..."

Jack shrugged.

"I need to get back into practice piloting this bag of bones anyways."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Heh, no worries." Jack's face split into a rueful grin, "Wasn't as if I was going to go anywhere else, was I?"

Jack righted himself with a quick jump.

"I do hope that you're done with that place for awhile, because I don't plan on going back anytime soon. If you have something else you need doing..."

Jack shrugged.

"I need to get back into practice piloting this bag of bones anyways."
    Cyanna, out looking for Charco, noticed Jack instead. Walking up to him, "Are you the guy who died and came back?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That decided, and with nothing left to do but return, Ishtar lingered a moment more -- to build the energy necessary to transmit her physical form -- before a soft flash of blue signaled Ishtar's return to the Lookout.
    Ishtar's return happened without pomp, or circumstance, the only acknowledgement of her return that ethereal glow from the hauntingly beautiful moon. Though the silence of her return -- broken only by a soft almost-tearing and flash of electric blue as she returned -- did not tarry long.

Drip.

A sound similar to that of water on stone echoed in the stillness.

Drip. Drip.

Then two more.

For a moment, the golden-eyed Oni forgot the long hours before, and of the constant opening of a wound with the precision of a Katchin Blade. Though when the dripping continued, the soft sound becoming a steady cadence, Ishtar's nodded.

"Tired ..."

Holding her arm up then in the pale glow of Earth's Moon, the Oni watched her dark-blue blood trickle down from the still open wound a moment, before allowing the left arm to return to her side; nodding to herself even as the dripping resumed.

"Right ... The magic needs time ... until the wound heals of its own accord."

That she was speaking to no one but herself mattered little, the words were offered to still air for the sake of rekindling the memories of the forgotten art, long suppressed and hidden away.

The Price.

A secondary cost, and one that was tied to the offering of blood and energy, the Blood Magic Ishtar knew required that the wounds made to offer blood remained open until such a time they healed, themselves. Which was itself a trifling thing for lesser spells and incantations, but post problems when one required a sizable amount of blood ...

Which is why it was generally preferred -- and had been encouraged by Ming Yue, even -- that the blood offered did not stem from one's self. Though this was where the two had differed.

So in remembering it fully, Ishtar could only shrug.

What is done, is done; and was done so out of necessity. Beyond that ...

"It will have mended itself by the morning, surely."

Decided, or perhaps hoped for, the Oni began to make her way toward the Eating Hall. At the least, it would be wise to get something to eat, or drink, before the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Time to eat something."
    Of course, who she found when she finally made it there -- a trail of blue-black blood droplets following -- came as little surprise. Ishtar's Little Love, Sarada, back from her training match with Asha'rah -- and looking somewhat worse for wear, if only tired -- was attempting to do much the same.

The state of her though. How passing strange ... that I did not feel it at all.

Not giving herself much time to think over it ... for in the end she knew the 'why?', the golden-eyed Oni did not remain silent long, and instead announced her presence with a softly asked question.

"So ... how did it go, your training ?"

And with the question came the hope her Saiyan Love might miss the bleeding. Though given the dripping, and the color of it -- which stood out plainly in the Cafeteria's light -- such a hope was admittedly foolish.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Of course, who she found when she finally made it there -- a trail of blue-black blood droplets following -- came as little surprise. Ishtar's Little Love, Sarada, back from her training match with Asha'rah -- and looking somewhat worse for wear, if only tired -- was attempting to do much the same.

The state of her though. How passing strange ... that I did not feel it at all.

Not giving herself much time to think over it ... for in the end she knew the 'why?', the golden-eyed Oni did not remain silent long, and instead announced her presence with a softly asked question.

"So ... how did it go, your training ?"

And with the question came the hope her Saiyan Love might miss the bleeding. Though given the dripping, and the color of it -- which stood out plainly in the Cafeteria's light -- such a hope was admittedly foolish.
    The voice of her love attracted Sarada's attention away from her trek toward the kitchen to fill her stomach full of much needed and desired food. She turned to face her, a fond smile already growing in her lips. "Great, actually. I learned... a... great..." Her words trailed off as her voice tapered into a silent murmur.

She could tell very clearly in the bright lights of the cafeteria that Ishtar was covered in some blue liquid. Thanks to their training sessions, she knew that that blue liquid was blood. "Why are you bleeding?"

It wasn't spoken out of concern, as given the Oni's demeanor, there was no cause for it. She asked out of curiosity. Both as to the cause of the bloodied injuries, and the reason why she didn't feel the injuries being inflicted.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The voice of her love attracted Sarada's attention away from her trek toward the kitchen to fill her stomach full of much needed and desired food. She turned to face her, a fond smile already growing in her lips. "Great, actually. I learned... a... great..." Her words trailed off as her voice tapered into a silent murmur.

She could tell very clearly in the bright lights of the cafeteria that Ishtar was covered in some blue liquid. Thanks to their training sessions, she knew that that blue liquid was blood. "Why are you bleeding?"

It wasn't spoken out of concern, as given the Oni's demeanor, there was no cause for it. She asked out of curiosity. Both as to the cause of the bloodied injuries, and the reason why she didn't feel the injuries being inflicted.
    Ishtar nodded.

It was in the end as she expected -- though not hoped -- it'd go. Though Sarada ultimately didn't seem or feel concerned. Simply curious as to the how and why. Which was simply enough, and a thing the Oni didn't wish to lie about.

"It is ... self-inflicted." Ishtar replied with a shrug.

"Blood Magic."

Flicking droplets of blood from her fingers that traced a haphazard line across the tiles of the Cafeteria floor, the golden-eyed Oni glanced down at the injury a moment before offering a soft sigh. "For what is coming, I deemed such a thing a necessity. Though as you see, there is a ... particular cost."

The Oni remained silent a moment, her blood dripping slowly from the tips of her fingers. When the somber seconds passed however, Ishtar offered Sarada a smile, her demeanor growing more relaxed.

"Unfortunately, focused as I was on a Forbidden Art, I did not notice you fighting ... so I would like to hear about your training, if you would care to share." She stated then, still smiling warmly.

"Did you beat the former Goddess ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar nodded.

It was in the end as she expected -- though not hoped -- it'd go. Though Sarada ultimately didn't seem or feel concerned. Simply curious as to the how and why. Which was simply enough, and a thing the Oni didn't wish to lie about.

"It is ... self-inflicted." Ishtar replied with a shrug.

"Blood Magic."

Flicking droplets of blood from her fingers that traced a haphazard line across the tiles of the Cafeteria floor, the golden-eyed Oni glanced down at the injury a moment before offering a soft sigh. "For what is coming, I deemed such a thing a necessity. Though as you see, there is a ... particular cost."

The Oni remained silent a moment, her blood dripping slowly from the tips of her fingers. When the somber seconds passed however, Ishtar offered Sarada a smile, her demeanor growing more relaxed.

"Unfortunately, focused as I was on a Forbidden Art, I did not notice you fighting ... so I would like to hear about your training, if you would care to share." She stated then, still smiling warmly.

"Did you beat the former Goddess ?"
    Sarada blinked.

Blood magic sounded familiar, but she couldn't for the life of her remember what Ishtar said it was or where she had learned it. All she knew was that it sounded kick-ass. Had she known that it, apparently, required self-inflicted injuries to draw her own blood, she would have been a bit more mindful of learning the ins and outs of it so she could at least be aware when her love returned to her covered in her own blood.

At any rate, Ishtar wasn't hurt too bad -- certainly not enough to be unable to stand -- so Sarada felt she could let this go. So long as she didn't make a habit of cutting herself open.

"My training," she spoke once the subject was changed, "went great. It wasn't so much physical training as it was mental." She frowned. "She used an image of you to show me what might happen if I have to make a choice between your life and mine." Even though she knew it was a trick, the implications were very real. She couldn't put it past Jagam to do the very same thing, to use Ishtar to get to Sarada. She reacted, in her mind, the right way back then, but there really was no telling how she would act once the situation was actually life-or-death. Jagam was much more powerful than Asha'rah was. There was no guarantee that she would be able to fight him off if and when she traded herself for Ishtar.

It was all so complicated. She knew she had to fight alongside the others, but they all could have been used against her. Fighting alone was much less complicated, even if it was more difficult.

"Asha'rah used the fake you to get me to see what would happen if Jagam took you hostage. I traded myself for 'you' and managed to break free from the destruction energy she trapped me inside." She sighed. "I don't know what to do if that happens tomorrow. Jagam is a lot stronger than me or Asha'rah, so I don't know if I'd be able to get away from him. But, if it does happen, I won't let him do anything to you! I'll do all I can to protect you!!"

She ran up to her and wrapped her arms around her. Blood or no, this was her Oni, and no one -- not even the Saiyan Killer -- was going to take her away from her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada blinked.

Blood magic sounded familiar, but she couldn't for the life of her remember what Ishtar said it was or where she had learned it. All she knew was that it sounded kick-ass. Had she known that it, apparently, required self-inflicted injuries to draw her own blood, she would have been a bit more mindful of learning the ins and outs of it so she could at least be aware when her love returned to her covered in her own blood.

At any rate, Ishtar wasn't hurt too bad -- certainly not enough to be unable to stand -- so Sarada felt she could let this go. So long as she didn't make a habit of cutting herself open.

"My training," she spoke once the subject was changed, "went great. It wasn't so much physical training as it was mental." She frowned. "She used an image of you to show me what might happen if I have to make a choice between your life and mine." Even though she knew it was a trick, the implications were very real. She couldn't put it past Jagam to do the very same thing, to use Ishtar to get to Sarada. She reacted, in her mind, the right way back then, but there really was no telling how she would act once the situation was actually life-or-death. Jagam was much more powerful than Asha'rah was. There was no guarantee that she would be able to fight him off if and when she traded herself for Ishtar.

It was all so complicated. She knew she had to fight alongside the others, but they all could have been used against her. Fighting alone was much less complicated, even if it was more difficult.

"Asha'rah used the fake you to get me to see what would happen if Jagam took you hostage. I traded myself for 'you' and managed to break free from the destruction energy she trapped me inside." She sighed. "I don't know what to do if that happens tomorrow. Jagam is a lot stronger than me or Asha'rah, so I don't know if I'd be able to get away from him. But, if it does happen, I won't let him do anything to you! I'll do all I can to protect you!!"

She ran up to her and wrapped her arms around her. Blood or no, this was her Oni, and no one -- not even the Saiyan Killer -- was going to take her away from her.
    True to form, there was no probing of what it was exactly Ishtar had done with Blood Magic, beyond the flicker of acknowledgement that Sarada offered before moving on to the matter of training.

And in the end it seemed what Asha'rah had offered was of benefit.

More mental, than physical, the former Goddess had helped the Saiyan Queen get into the proper mindset, by showing her what was truly at stake. Not just her life, or the Saiyans who were depending on her success; but her lover, and her friends as well. A thing that had proven itself to be a sufficient catalyst across the years ... though rarely had such things ended well.

The mention of Hakai however, and that it had been turned on Sarada herself however, caused the Oni's smile to lessen noticeably.

"Asha'rah used Hakai, on you ..." Came Ishtar's muttering, as Sarada continued to speak of what had transpired.

That Asha'rah had such energy within her was no secret, the fallen goddess had offered up such information willingly -- of how she stripped the energy from the corpse of her friend, and the former GoD -- yet there were several things that served as a sticking point. First, and by far the most bothersome was that the energy had been used against Sarada. The stakes of the fight to come were severe, yes. Fatal perhaps, yet death by Hakai was not simply physical, it was an erasure.

Permanent.

And second, Asha'rah had continued in small part to the current state of the universe. That it would have inevitably fallen into chaos was undoubtedly a fact, and yet the murder of the former GoD, and the cannibalization of his Hakai had afforded those who sought to perpetuate the imbalance leeway they would have otherwise not had. Ishtar's feelings towards Asha'rah aside -- that of a close friend -- this latter thing would be worth addressing, at the least.

Though the first was ...

"I will have words with her, for this."

That said, the golden-eyed Oni remained silent until Sarada finished her tale of training, and when Sarada crossed the distance and wrapped her arms around her waist -- seeming to ignore the blood and debris that caked her so -- she could not help but offer a happy sign and return the love that was being offered.

"I believe you Little Love," Ishtar cooed softly. "And after tomorrow, there will be little in the way to keep us from living happily and raising a family."

Giving Sarada a firm, and loving squeeze then, Ishtar released the hug slightly before stating.

"Now, I believe you need something to eat ... and perhaps a bath for two ?"

Arx Inosaan

True to form, there was no probing of what it was exactly Ishtar had done with Blood Magic, beyond the flicker of acknowledgement that Sarada offered before moving on to the matter of training.

And in the end it seemed what Asha'rah had offered was of benefit.

More mental, than physical, the former Goddess had helped the Saiyan Queen get into the proper mindset, by showing her what was truly at stake. Not just her life, or the Saiyans who were depending on her success; but her lover, and her friends as well. A thing that had proven itself to be a sufficient catalyst across the years ... though rarely had such things ended well.

The mention of Hakai however, and that it had been turned on Sarada herself however, caused the Oni's smile to lessen noticeably.

"Asha'rah used Hakai, on you ..." Came Ishtar's muttering, as Sarada continued to speak of what had transpired.

That Asha'rah had such energy within her was no secret, the fallen goddess had offered up such information willingly -- of how she stripped the energy from the corpse of her friend, and the former GoD -- yet there were several things that served as a sticking point. First, and by far the most bothersome was that the energy had been used against Sarada. The stakes of the fight to come were severe, yes. Fatal perhaps, yet death by Hakai was not simply physical, it was an erasure.

Permanent.

And second, Asha'rah had continued in small part to the current state of the universe. That it would have inevitably fallen into chaos was undoubtedly a fact, and yet the murder of the former GoD, and the cannibalization of his Hakai had afforded those who sought to perpetuate the imbalance leeway they would have otherwise not had. Ishtar's feelings towards Asha'rah aside -- that of a close friend -- this latter thing would be worth addressing, at the least.

Though the first was ...

"I will have words with her, for this."

That said, the golden-eyed Oni remained silent until Sarada finished her tale of training, and when Sarada crossed the distance and wrapped her arms around her waist -- seeming to ignore the blood and debris that caked her so -- she could not help but offer a happy sign and return the love that was being offered.

"I believe you Little Love," Ishtar cooed softly. "And after tomorrow, there will be little in the way to keep us from living happily and raising a family."

Giving Sarada a firm, and loving squeeze then, Ishtar released the hug slightly before stating.

"Now, I believe you need something to eat ... and perhaps a bath for two ?"
    In the end, after much silence other than a single muttered statement in disbelief, Ishtar said she would have words with Asha'rah over her use of this Hakai energy. Sarada assumed that was the official name of the destruction energy she used, the very same energy she herself used to completely erase a mountaintop. "Don't be too upset with her," she said, giving her hand a light squeeze. "I don't think she intended... no, I know she didn't intended on actually killing me."

In the end, perhaps she already knew that and the source of her... irritation was something else. Sarada didn't want this to create a wedge between the former goddess and the future goddess.

Oh well. She would leave that to them and focus on the other things that required her attention. Like eating and helped her love clean herself of the blood and dirt that littered her countenance. "Yes, food and a bath are very much on the agenda right now. But, first, I need to find Eva and kick Jack in the face."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cyanna, out looking for Charco, noticed Jack instead. Walking up to him, "Are you the guy who died and came back?"
    "Yeah... Jack Knave...nice to meet you Miss?"

Hope I haven't met her before, my mind's still a little fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Yeah... Jack Knave...nice to meet you Miss?"

Hope I haven't met her before, my mind's still a little fuzzy.
    "Cyanna.." She said with a smile, "Meagan's sister. You do know Meagan, right? I mean, everyone does." then looking at him closer, "Wow, you do kinda look like someone who's just came back from the dead. Bet it must have hurt something awful. You're okay now, you look okay. You need to be because we have to fight a monster tomorrow. I mean, he's not technically a monster, but he's powerful like one. I hear he hates Sayians, so maybe you'll be okay if you stay out of his way. I don't know what Queen Sarada is going to do. Should a Queen even put herself at risk like that? Though her sister looks pretty tough. Power Princess Parsley, she should have her own TV Series. My sister is pretty tough too, but I can't let anything bad happen to her, since she's going to be the new Guardian of Chroma. Not sure I'm strong enough, but I'll try my best. Dash and I have been training really hard at the temple. It's pretty neat. Big and mysterious, with many secrets that I can't talk about. I may not be a Power Princess, but I am lucky. That should help, shouldn't it?"
    Last edited by Tami; 09-05-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Two months ago...

Everything was hazy. White and gray fog everywhere. The atmosphere was hot and thin. Zaofan was exhausted. Battered. Out of breath. Sweating. His tunic had been ripped off, his bare muscles tight but on the verge of giving up, fatigued beyond reason. His fists and knuckles were bandaged -- it was a tough fight from the start. The ends of the bandages reduced to hanging tatters off his wrist. His brow heavy, his shoulders aching, his joints rebelling. His breathing was slow and deep. He tried wiping the sweat off his forehead; a foolish task since his own forearms were also drenched. To just forfeit and collapse would be sweet release. Even a moment's respite would be delicious. Indeed, his eyes started to wander, until a gruff, harsh voice brought him back to attention...

"OH NO, YOU DON'T! You are NOT robbing me the satisfaction of seeing this through! Stand and face me! Like the warrior you are! Get back to the BASICS, BOY!"

Zaofan's eyes narrowed in anger and frustration at the source of the voice. His vision blurry, it took effort to focus, but gradually his eyes came to, to face none other than Chef Brutus himself. Zaofan's eyes aimed back down, to the large slab of meat that encased his two fists on top of the kitchen island. Brutus continued yelling, "WHO SAID YOU COULD LET UP?! KEEP TENDERIZING!" Upon command, Zaofan raised one fist, and slammed it down. He raised the other, slammed that down, too. Over and over again, gradually getting faster, by this point not a second wind, but an eighth or ninth wind, in the steaming kitchen of The Bedlam Boys Breakfast and Barfood, with red dust shooting up with each punch straight into his eyes, as Brutus' sons Cheesy and Alfredo alternated between cooking for the restaurant and watching. Daughter Macey traipsed in and out with her duties, but occasionally sneaking a peak as well.

"YOU THINK IT STOPS THERE?! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO! POWER THE HELL UP! COME ON, YOU PUNK! POWER IT UP!"

Zaofan obeyed his master and turned around to the counter. Six large mounds of dust, in various colors of red, yellow, and orange, had clearly scattered. He dipped his bandaged knuckles top-down into a bowl of a brown sticky, viscious substance. He then dipped those same knuckles into the powders, letting his hands absorb as much as possible. Turning back to the island, the mound of meat from earlier would be surrounded by 8 other large slabs of beef, pork, deer, bison, brachiosaur, stegosaur, pterodactyl tail, and triceratops. Taking a moment, Zaofan inhaled deeply, and fired the Rakan Dan, a flurry of punches and jabs into each piece of meat.

Brutus continued, "COME ON! COME ON! HONEY! CAYENNE! SWEET! CHILI! PAPRIKA! CUMIN! MUSTARD! LET'S GO! LET'S GO! GO GO GO!!!"

Zaofan gritted his teeth. The sweat stung his eyes. But still, he continued, pushing on and on, punching harder, moving faster, rubbing swifter, his grunts turning more audible and louder. "YAAAAA-ATATATATATATATATATA!!! YAAAAA-TAAAA!!!" he yelled as his hands turned into blurry streaks.

Brutus shot out, the veins throbbing out of his neck and forehead, one mighty fist drawn back and another hand pointing sharply forward. "FLIP! FLIP THEM NOW!"

With a single pound of the table from the bottom of his fist, the slabs of meat jump off the surface and land on the bare side. "AGAIN! NOW!"

As Zaofan continued the driest, most flavorful of rubs, Brutus' large frame somehow became even firmer as he crossed his arms in satisfaction. "My boy, yer gonna realize the true need to balance different flavors. What one offers, what gaps they fill, what palettes they serve. Yer gonna need to know how to work with 'em, how to build that in to your style, how ta appreciate each and every one. There will be a time when ya come across a flavor you least expect. But you'll be ready. You'll be ready ta know how to deal, how ta serve it, how ta cook it, how ta handle a surprise that shakes ya to your very core, a surprise from things ya think ya know already, but'cha don't. When that day comes, are ya gonna have the temperment ta handle it? The humility to handle change? The ability to accept fact right in front of ya?!"

----

Present day, Zaofan takes a step back to try to process Ochazuke's introduction to this most different of Etrinas, or the reality that there are, indeed, different Etrinas to begin with.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-05-2018 at 10:22 AM.