Page 257 of 782 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They appeared to be in a desert wasteland littered with rocky outcroppings. No vegetation or habitation in sight.
    Parsley sighed and landed swiftly. "I can't tell anything other than that we're in the middle of a desert. No cities or civilization in sight. It is obvious that we're not on Earth anymore."

Sarada cursed. "Could this be the curse Jagam said he cast on us?"

"As much as I'm loath to admit that buffoon got the last laugh, I'm afraid that's exactly what's happening. He must have used whatever he had left to send us to another planet."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As she ascend upwards, Ishtar can see two moons and a faint ring around this planet, easily telling her this is not Earth. Yet every fiber of her being is also telling her that the celestial position of the planet matches almost exactly where Earth should be. Yet distant Mars twinkled more brown than red, and far Venus wasn’t there.

Nor has time been messed with, as she would have seen the tell-take temporal signature. No, this was something....new.
    Two moons. A ring of ancient debris.

When Ishtar saw this she knew at once. This was not Earth. Yet the position of the stars, and of Mars in the distance ... this was where Earth should be. Though ... where was Venus ?

"I see."

Returning to where she had been a moment before her teleportation, Ishtar addressed the group quickly before testing one last thing.

"This is not Earth. Nor does it seem, that this is the same Solar System."

Reaching out then. Ishtar attempted to locate Evangeline, Nunlil, or Ereshkigal. Should she fail in this, it would confirm the Oni's burgeoning suspicion.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So Jagam was dead. Not by his hand, but at this point it didn't matter. He was dead! Finally, his... nightmare was over. He craned his head to the sky and exhaled sharply. But then came Jagam's voice in his head, and it sent a shiver down his spine. They would never find peace? Hopefully just the last gasp of a dying psychopath.

...and then he noticed that things seemed... off, somehow? Duller, kind of. Totoma's expression hardened. Jagam was dead--he'd felt him die--and yet still he manages to spite them. Bastard.

He'd probably used some sort of magic. And that made Totoma, once again, kick himself mentally for brushing off magic as 'not his style' as a child when Aiden had offered to teach him... and again, more recently, when Karine had made the same offer.

It really wasn't his style, but it was getting freaking irritating getting blindsided by magic... stuff and not knowing what in the hell is going on or even being able to sense that anything was going on in the first place! Ugh.

Regardless, he didn't revert from Hitozaru quite yet, since he was expecting trouble. Not like the form was particularly draining for him at this point, since he'd gotten this crazy idea to spend like... a month transformed to see how his body and mind reacted. And, wouldn't you know, it made the usual strain and... restlessness he felt while transformed fade away to just about nothing. He was willing to bet that not even his mother had thought to do something like that!
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley sighed and landed swiftly. "I can't tell anything other than that we're in the middle of a desert. No cities or civilization in sight. It is obvious that we're not on Earth anymore."

Sarada cursed. "Could this be the curse Jagam said he cast on us?"

"As much as I'm loath to admit that buffoon got the last laugh, I'm afraid that's exactly what's happening. He must have used whatever he had left to send us to another planet."
    "That Threshling piece of trash," Sasheem snarled. "How dare he do this to Sasheem?!" Flying up, he tried to observe the barren planet they now stood upon better. "So this is another planet, then?" Sasheem asked. "It shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way to leave it then, should it?" He asked, before suddenly looking as if something smacked him in the face....Something obvious. "Actually...Majin's can breathe in space. And since that's the case....Sasheem doesn't need to stick around with you losers anyway!"

Laughing madly, the Majin made a mad dash for the stars, intent on leaving his allies behind on the barren world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

When Ishtar saw this she knew at once. This was not Earth. Yet the position of the stars, and of Mars in the distance ... this was where Earth should be. Though ... where was Venus ?

"I see."

Returning to where she had been a moment before her teleportation, Ishtar addressed the group quickly before testing one last thing.

Reaching out then. Ishtar attempted to locate Evangeline, Nunlil, or Ereshkigal. Should she fail in this, it would confirm the Oni's burgeoning suspicion.
    Meagan summoned her 'key'. Walking a short distance away, she holds it out into the air, trying to use it to activate the portal that normally would take her back to the Temple on Chroma.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Key does not work, nor does anyone respond to Ishtar.

Sasheem, leaving atmosphere, he quickly feels a near impossibility of his task. No ship for FTL means he’ll be alone in space for decades before reaching the next habitat place.

Presuming one exists, as he sees what Ishtar saw that this is not space as he knows it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Wait, I know. I can just open a portal to Vocado and we can get back to Earth on one of my ships," Sarada said. She tapped on her wrist to open a portal to her homeworld.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Wait, I know. I can just open a portal to Vocado and we can get back to Earth on one of my ships," Sarada said. She tapped on her wrist to open a portal to her homeworld.
    Nothing happens.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sasheem, leaving atmosphere, he quickly feels a near impossibility of his task. No ship for FTL means he’ll be alone in space for decades before reaching the next habitat place.

Presuming one exists, as he sees what Ishtar saw that this is not space as he knows it.
    Ishtar frowned. No response.

That all but confirmed it then.

With the starts being right, and yet oh so wrong. With the lack of Venus. A brown -- not red mars -- and an Earth that should not be. The golden-eyed Oni frowned.

"This is not out Universe."

The question was then, how they might return.

Sitting down cross-legged, Ishtar returned her focus toward that magic she had felt, if she could grasp the strands of lingering Blood Magic, she might be able to reverse engineer the spell that had whisked them there.

OT: 3
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Putting the key away, Meagan opens the 'Third Eye' and scans the area. If this is an illusion, a mass hallucination, or something similar, The Sight of Iris should tell her. They may very well have been transported to another world, a feet that would have seemed impossible to that Threshling Priestess. However, before they continue she needs to know if this is real or not.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sasheem, being a Majin had no real problems with the Kong passage of time, but seeing how unfamiliar the sky and stars looked, he hesitated in flying off.

Hovering back down to the planet, he scoffed, "Alright, Sasheem has to admit...he has no idea if we're even in the same galaxy...." He then decided upon attempting to sense ki or any form of life energy anywhere on the strange planet, aside from themselves. "There's gotta be something to this garbage planet..." he muttered.

Nothing happens.
    "What? No, this is impossible. The range should be unlimited." She tried to open portals to any of the Saiyan worlds. Even Callion was preferable to this place. At least they had ships there.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I see."

Ishtar frowned. No response.

That all but confirmed it then.

With the starts being right, and yet oh so wrong. With the lack of Venus. A brown -- not red mars -- and an Earth that should not be. The golden-eyed Oni frowned.

"This is not out Universe."

The question was then, how they might return.

Sitting down cross-legged, Ishtar returned her focus toward that magic she had felt, if she could grasp the strands of lingering Blood Magic, she might be able to reverse engineer the spell that had whisked them there.

OT: 3
    "Wait, AGAIN? Again, we've been kidnapped off-world? No, wait, we're off-universe now?!"

Zaofan didn't even entertain the idea that they could be fooled. At this rate, very little should be surprising to them now, other than the fact that they keep getting caught off-guard. Frustration abounds.

"The last time this happened to us, it turned out to be a simulation. Yet, even then, we still managed to pool our talents and powers together. While others work on getting us back to our home universe, the rest of us should at least try to assess what we can do in the meantime."

There is no illusion, no simulation.

This is real as far as Meagan and others can tell.

Sasheem, the portion of the planet you can scan is lifeless. There is not a single human or humanoid seeming ki signature he can sense.

Ishtar, there are bare traces of the magic. You do not think you can grasp it without some sort of amperage or very significant blood magic boost.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"What? No, this is impossible. The range should be unlimited." She tried to open portals to any of the Saiyan worlds. Even Callion was preferable to this place. At least they had ships there.
    No portals open.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM