Page 272 of 782 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372772 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm shakes his head.

“Not a shaman. Don’t know much about magic. Know some places that did, but that’s it.”
    Zaofan nods. "Well, I don't mean to sound grim, but it's not like this planet is worth saving, is it? If you leave, what's the worst that could happen? Terra already had its Judgment Day. But we have some of the finest mystics of our own universe, in this very room. When we get back to our world, Wilheim, I'm sure we can take you with us. That's the least we can do for you after you saved us."

Of course, that's a bit of confidence and maybe a high promise. Worse yet, the chef spoke on behalf of others. But they also have a proven track record of getting out of jams before, one way or another, and so his boast of reassurance, though out of his league, is not unfounded. He smiles faintly at Etrina and Meagan, however unrealistic his promise might be.

Retired Overlord

A few more Greylights, a few more men and women with rank above and below Wilhelm’s, and two that simply say King Alend and Queen V.
    "King....Queen.....Even leaders lie here, Ero." Erosa reached out and laid her hand on the gravestone. "Everyone dies...at least here, you feed the trees and plants that still live. Out there, the dead don't even have that."

Shaking her head, Erosa glances around. "...but right now, I'm still hungry."

She would definitely tell Etrina what she found, later. For now....she still needed to finish her hunt.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "King....Queen.....Even leaders lie here, Ero." Erosa reached out and laid her hand on the gravestone. "Everyone dies...at least here, you feed the trees and plants that still live. Out there, the dead don't even have that."

Shaking her head, Erosa glances around. "...but right now, I'm still hungry."

She would definitely tell Etrina what she found, later. For now....she still needed to finish her hunt.
    Beyond a few small birds and a few gecko like creatures, she finds nothing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm stands up and gesture stonthem to follow. He passes Parsley, busy checking out the bunks, and heads towards the furthest room. Pausing, he looks back.

“My last orders to my king and Queen. Find, protect, save.”

He opens the door and inside is a cryobed (clearly the one he uses at night) and a large tube connected to various computers and monitors.

And inside floats a small girl, somewhere between seven and ten probably. She wears a basic tan jumpsuit, her long red hair tinted in the blue green light of the tube.

“Princess Karis. Their daughter. Walked the world three times before I found where she has been hidden away from the war. Found her and brought her back to here, where her parents lie. Built this place back up, built the oasis, some semblance of life. Went out, killed anything dangerous, hunted the twisted things and old tech that still wanders about. Cleared the entire city of threats, street by street, building by building. Lost my own daughter, refused to let my King and Queen down and lose theirs. Can’t wake her. Don’t know how, the tech was specialized, the tube indestructible. Could only do my duty and hope. We have never met, but we are the last of our kind, and soon she will be the last for truth.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley, the next room over is a large bunk area divided in two, with dozens of bunk beds clearly for whatever base staff would have been stationed here.
    The next room held beds, enough for all of them, from the looks of it. On the other hand, this room would likely serve as a constant reminder that this man was alone, and had been for a very long time. She was surprise he hadn't moved the other beds out of the room, if only so make more room for himself.

Oh well.

Parsley moved to the next room.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The next room held beds, enough for all of them, from the looks of it. On the other hand, this room would likely serve as a constant reminder that this man was alone, and had been for a very long time. She was surprise he hadn't moved the other beds out of the room, if only so make more room for himself.

Oh well.

Parsley moved to the next room.
    A simple room, probably the base commanders, was next. Clearly Wilhelm’s room, as it was obviously lived in. A bed, a dresser, a small desk and terminal within. Bits of armor and other things hanging from the wall.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm stands up and gesture stonthem to follow. He passes Parsley, busy checking out the bunks, and heads towards the furthest room. Pausing, he looks back.

He opens the door and inside is a cryobed (clearly the one he uses at night) and a large tube connected to various computers and monitors.

And inside floats a small girl, somewhere between seven and ten probably. She wears a basic tan jumpsuit, her long red hair tinted in the blue green light of the tube.

“Princess Karis. Their daughter. Walked the world three times before I found where she has been hidden away from the war. Found her and brought her back to here, where her parents lie. Built this place back up, built the oasis, some semblance of life. Went out, killed anything dangerous, hunted the twisted things and old tech that still wanders about. Cleared the entire city of threats, street by street, building by building. Lost my own daughter, refused to let my King and Queen down and lose theirs. Can’t wake her. Don’t know how, the tech was specialized, the tube indestructible. Could only do my duty and hope. We have never met, but we are the last of our kind, and soon she will be the last for truth.”
    Zaofan lets out a deep breath of frustration, but acceptance, and then gradually nods. "Alright. So that's what we do. A threefold mission: protect this place while we find a way to revive the Princess *and* return home. Nothing's ever easy, huh?"

He then turns to their host again. "Wilheim, the offer to take you back with us obviously extends to the Princess, when the time comes."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan lets out a deep breath of frustration, but acceptance, and then gradually nods. "Alright. So that's what we do. A threefold mission: protect this place while we find a way to revive the Princess *and* return home. Nothing's ever easy, huh?"

He then turns to their host again. "Wilheim, the offer to take you back with us obviously extends to the Princess, when the time comes."
    "....Hmm....then I will definately wish to examine some of the active and inactive Cairns. If my plan is even remotely plausable, perhaps I create a safe zone by arranging and repairs the inactive cairns in a pattern around the city and this oasis that would prevent the monster and undead outside from entering."

Etrina then stepped up to the cryo chamber holding the girl. "As for this.....I'm not a tech savant, but have you considered the possibility that the nearby city may hold some information regarding the proper operation of this device?"

“The Cairn Yard is old, thousands of years, and one of several around the world. Ancient legends of Terra, young and new, being the battleground of people from the Heavens. The losers lay buried, kept down by old Ward Stones. That’s what the Legends said.”

“As to the rest, how we ended, simple: worn down. Five hundred years ago, a Saiyan came to Terra and rained hell upon it. Golden haired, green eyed, impossibly strong. But Terra prevailed, beat him and his men, used the old Cairn Yard across the continent to drain him, make him weak and then let it devour him while we took his power. That was a mistake, as the old ward stones couldn’t be activated again easily. Still, even in defeat, Terra was known now by the universe. Others came to conquer, Icejin, Threshling, First Race remnants. Again and again, Terra threw them back and again and again we lost some of ourselves. It was like a plague or sickness filled their minds, such was their want for this world. Hundreds of years of driving different invaders away, until only we remained here alongside our weapons and war machines we had made to defend us. And then some became consumed by that same sickness and turned on the rest of us. Atomic and arcane fire rained down, Terra warred with itself, and when the last fight was fought.....only I remained. Last man standing in a dead world. Two hundred years ago.”
    Sarada had been hoping Wilhelm's interaction with the Saiyans had been peaceful. She had been hoping that hers was the only race that dabbled in invasion and genocide. Her hopes were misplaced. The Saiyan, a Super Saiyan, came down with an army to raise hell.

Sarada would have assumed the entire race would have been wiped out by a single Super Saiyan, being as impossibly strong as they were, but somehow they prevailed by letting the cairn yard devour his power and then finishing off what was left. That explained why those creatures attacked her first. They had a taste of Saiyan power and had been wanting more.

She frowned and swallowed roughly.

After the Saiyans came Arcosians, Threshling, ...remnants of the this so called first race. All with dreams of conquering this world. All fell before this race's ingenuity and might. Such was the taste of war, however. Once one war was waged, preparations were made for the next and the next and the next until all that any one soldier knew was conflict and strife. Once all enemies had been conquered and repelled, the enemy came from within.

They turned on one another, killing brother and sister alike until only one remained, Wilhelm. A sad, terrible end to his race. "I'm sorry," she offered simply. There was very little else to say.

"You mentioned a first race? What's that?"

With a gesture, he led them from the commissary to a room in the back. There, he showed them the reason for his illegally prolonging his life for two centuries. A small child trapped in some kind of cryosleep. The last child of a long dead King and Queen. He had no means of waking her up, so he fulfilled his final orders by making the world safe for her. Every threat was neutralized, the immediate world around this bunker was made into an oasis, a paradise of sorts so that she would be spared the shock of seeing her world in ruin right away.

A good soldier was Wilhelm. He lost his daughter ages ago, but fought to keep the daughter of another safe from harm.

"If Jinzi was here, he'd be able to figure this technology out and wake her up," she said to the others. "Should we take her with us and let him try?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-14-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A simple room, probably the base commanders, was next. Clearly Wilhelm’s room, as it was obviously lived in. A bed, a dresser, a small desk and terminal within. Bits of armor and other things hanging from the wall.
    This room looked to be the man's room. She noticed him passing by a little earlier, speaking with the others.

Sigh.

She apparently got ahead of herself and missed everything. She was certain someone else would fill her in, but what a bother.

Her head tilted to the side as she approached the desk. She looked at the surface to see if there was anything of interest. If not, she'd check to see if the coast was clear before checking any drawers.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“The Cairn Yard is old, thousands of years, and one of several around the world. Ancient legends of Terra, young and new, being the battleground of people from the Heavens. The losers lay buried, kept down by old Ward Stones. That’s what the Legends said.”

“As to the rest, how we ended, simple: worn down. Five hundred years ago, a Saiyan came to Terra and rained hell upon it. Golden haired, green eyed, impossibly strong. But Terra prevailed, beat him and his men, used the old Cairn Yard across the continent to drain him, make him weak and then let it devour him while we took his power. That was a mistake, as the old ward stones couldn’t be activated again easily. Still, even in defeat, Terra was known now by the universe. Others came to conquer, Icejin, Threshling, First Race remnants. Again and again, Terra threw them back and again and again we lost some of ourselves. It was like a plague or sickness filled their minds, such was their want for this world. Hundreds of years of driving different invaders away, until only we remained here alongside our weapons and war machines we had made to defend us. And then some became consumed by that same sickness and turned on the rest of us. Atomic and arcane fire rained down, Terra warred with itself, and when the last fight was fought.....only I remained. Last man standing in a dead world. Two hundred years ago.”
    "A universe without balance ..." Ishtar muttered as she listened to Wilhelm's recounting. That they had survived so long was laudable however, against a Super Saiyan, Icejin, Threshling, and the remnants of the ... First Race ? Ishtar knew not who this was, and yet it seemed to resonate.

Still.

There was a question that seemed pertinent. Even as Wilhelm explained his duty, and what he had done for two hundred long years, and as Ishtar stared down at the girl in her indestructible tube she asked the old solider a simple question.

"What happened to the God of Destruction, here ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"We will find a way to save her. I promise."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

"Jack nodded in agreement with Zao, "If we bring the sleeping princess to our world, I'm sure we can find a way to wake her."

If a technological solution was needed than surely Mr. Pantaloons would be equal to the task. If not, there was always the brute Force solution. A wish.

"One way or the other."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Wait, are you saying your THE last living creature on this entire planet, and your more then 200 years old?" Etrina gave the man a curious up and down look. "Well, you certainly don't look bad for your age, or location. But....such a shame that your world came to that in the end. Truly there is a never ending steam of entities in the universe that seem to only wish to pick fights with others.....I'm starting to think my own planet is getting a bit too popular, all things considered."

Pondering over the information some more, Etrina turned to Ishtar. "What about the spell work from Jagems teleportation? We failed to properly cast it at the boneyard....but did you still get a general idea of how we can recreate it? At least once we're in a position to do so?"
    "We ?" Ishtar stated with some curiosity. As far as the Oni was aware, the burden -- and failure -- was on her shoulders alone. In any case, it was a relevant question, to which Ishtar replied:

"I can, yes."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "We will find a way to save her. I promise."
    Praxat looks at Wilhelm saying " I'm sorry you had to go through such a terrible ordeal." " so did you people keep any records?" " so The Cairn Yard is thousands of years old huh ." " that's proximally around the same age as the deities on my home world Zykona and Demjir."

" well I don't know there exact age I just know there more than thousands years old." " Oh and you don't need to worry we promise we'll save Princess Karis." " in fact if you show me your tech I may be able to advise a way to revive her and I won't need to resort to magic ." " as I'm sure science can do the job just fine."

"one more thing I want to ask you and it's this have you ever heard of the name Konatsian before? " Praxat looks at the others saying " guys I could build a portal back to earth with the right tech , but hey using magic is probably safer." " there's less chance that it would fused us all together into hideous blob or create miniature black hole that would suck this planet and everything on the planet inside of it and subject them to a immeasurable gravitational force."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-15-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.