Page 279 of 782 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Cute?!" The white Etrina pouted like a child. "I aint gonna argue with it....but aren't ya the least bit intimidated too? I'd be in the running for God Destruction any day of the week...only reason I ain't is because Ishy is a friend of the family."
    "Big power can come in small, and cute packages." she looked thoughtful, "Why would I be scared? I'm not scared of Miss Etrina. I mean Dash is, though she has her reasons, but I'm not. So why should I be sacred of you?"
    Last edited by Tami; 09-16-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh, so it coverts psychic energy into magical energy, and maybe even soul energy. Like what Lady Iris was able to do. There's probably a connection between Magicite and Aethi. I bet Lady Iris knew about Magicite. Might even be a whole book on the subject in her library. Any chance I can find some Magicite?" Cyanna asked hopefully.
    "The odds of findin a natural deposit are astronomical, and the people who do have it are loath to share it because of that. To put this into perspective.....The magicite I used to produce these four foci were originally in the ownership of a mage family that can date itself back several hundred years, a rather wealthy family at that....and four pearl sizes pieces were all they were ever able to obtain."

Retired Overlord

"Big power can come in small, and cute packages." she looked thoughtful, "Why would I be scared? I'm not scared of Miss Etrina. I mean Dash is, though she has her reasons, but I'm not. So why should I be sacred of you?"
    "I didn't say scared, I said intimidated. There's a big difference ya know." The White Etrina nodded enthusiastically. "One is a healthy respect for something greater then you....like Ishy over there. The other is just fear your're gonna get stomped...like what most people except us do to the shit demon."

"I didn't say scared, I said intimidated. There's a big difference ya know." The White Etrina nodded enthusiastically. "One is a healthy respect for something greater then you....like Ishy over there. The other is just fear your're gonna get stomped...like what most people except us do to the shit demon."
    "I like being respected, but I'd never want anyone to be intimidated of me. That's not a healthy position to be in if you want to have friends."

"The odds of findin a natural deposit are astronomical, and the people who do have it are loath to share it because of that. To put this into perspective.....The magicite I used to produce these four foci were originally in the ownership of a mage family that can date itself back several hundred years, a rather wealthy family at that....and four pearl sizes pieces were all they were ever able to obtain."
    "If I should happen to find some Magicite, could you teach me how to use it?"

Retired Overlord

"If I should happen to find some Magicite, could you teach me how to use it?"
    "Certainly......Just as soon as You withstand my initially barrage of offers for it." Etrina Chuckles.

"Hey, what's wrong with Blue?" Cyanna spoke as she reentered the room, "Though if it bothers you so much, I can change her color to anything you like. How about Tangerine Orange?"
    Ishtar blinks.

"Who are you, again ?" There certainly was a considerable amount of individuals coming out of the trees anymore. That strange liquid metal child, Etrina's Foci. Whoever this was ... almost too many to keep track of.

"Oh? I thought I showed you this one....Messing with temporal magic is addling my brain it seems." Etrina sighed, then turned and opened her hand to reveal another Etrina, white this time.

"Sup!"

"This is called a Magical Foci. Its a spell I learned from our foray into the library. Its an offshoot of the familiar summon ritual, using a magicite shard core as a base. The core provides the power, I provide the intelligence. Then it acts as a mobile conduit for my spellcasting. Though they are born with general knowledge, the results can be unpredictable.....much like any child. They also act as mobile intelligence gatherers....and they fit into ones pocket."
    Ishtar appraises the two tiny Etrina a moment before nodding.

"I suppose something of worth came from that ... venture, then. Beyond the game of cat and mouse, I suppose." Though it had certainly been a pleasant reversal of roles in the end, the role the Oni played determining the outcome -- or at the very least postponing it. Though there was one question of more importance in the moment. "How does Zaofan feel about having to deal with five Etrina ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Certainly......Just as soon as You withstand my initially barrage of offers for it." Etrina Chuckles.
    Smiling nearly from ear to ear, Cyanna then clenches her right hand into a fist, places it close to her chest, places her ohter hand over it, closes her eyes, and makes a wish, "I wish to find some Magicite." As she does, her hand glows slightly. Opening her eyes again, she relaxes, "Now, I just have to wait. Wishes can't be rushed."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar blinks.

"Who are you, again ?" There certainly was a considerable amount of individuals coming out of the trees anymore. That strange liquid metal child, Etrina's Foci. Whoever this was ... almost too many to keep track of.
    Making a face and almost pouting, "Cyanna, Meagan's sister. By the Goddess, I'd have thought everyone whould know about me by now."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Excuse me, Wilhelm?" Etrina walked up to the man as he was examining the broken datapad on his desk.She carried the Blue Etrina, pinched and hanging by the back of the neck like some tiny sulking cat. Eyeing the broken datapad on the table, Etrina let out a annoyed sigh. "I see.....so it was true then. Unbelievable."

She lifted out and dropped the foci onto the table. "Whatever your feelings towards the misuse of such information, that datapad was not your property to destory.....apologize to the man for your disrespect."

".....You have my sincerest apologies for the damage I caused....I acted in haste and without proper consideration for your belongings......" The Blue Etrina scratched its tiny arm, and then got down on its hands in a bow of respect. "Forgive me."

"I'm deeply sorry as well, my foci act independently but I still receive certain mental information. Though build on a solid foundation, they are still children with little real world experience.....I ask you not judge it too harshly for its actions." Etrina bowed her head. "....That being said....I can repair your datapad if you wish. In fact....if you have anything else that has been damaged over time I can think of no better way to atone then offering my services."

Picking up the foci by the neck, Etrina then turned to Parsley and let the foci sit on her hand. "......Well?"

The Blue Etrina cringed. ".....Hrrm.....it was wrong of my to break it....but that doesn't change the fa.."

"Weither or not you agree to their line of thinking is irrelevant. They are our allies. We as a group will best decide how to use what we find for the betterment of our group and worlds at large....not dictate who deserves what based on a single ideal. Apologize to the ally whom you disrespected."

"....Geh.......I'm Sorry." The foci stammered and then bowed.

"Good......now then." Etrina plopped the blue foci down next to Parsley. "Parsley was it? I regret that my foci has been an annoyance....and since she has been a hindrance, it only fitting she learn how to be of assistance to you. Consider it an internship, until I retrieve her later you have my permissions to do what you will with her....and you will obey." She cast a soft glare down on the foci, who shuddered.
    It was a delightfully pleasant surprise to witness that petulant little fly be taught a lesson in humility and respect by her mistress. Even more so that said mistress thought that she, Parsley, was a proper conduit through which her slave would learn.

"I accept this weighty responsibility," she answered. "This... adorable... little.... child and I will have many good times together. Won't we?" To coax an answer from the insect, Parsley closed her fist and squeezed down on her softly.

"I'll treat her as a Saiyan care-nurse would a child given into her care."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    After several minutes, Ochazuke found a single data pad of historic stories that mention the First Race.
    He swiped through Terra's history of violence and where they stretched eons before even their host's time, and where rugged finger fell and carved a repeated trench over the dusted surface over and over, Ochazuke could only hold silent disgust within the twisting hollow before his throat. In this reality or ours, it doesn't matter. It is the same story.

What did it mean to possess power?

Over and over again, the desires of vain Celestial ones fell to Terra, as they had Earth, in search of empty conflict. Exalted, ancient, and wise, they struck out at worlds that wished them no quarrel; instead of a guiding hand, heaven above offered only a heel to grind them into the dirt and render the deed in blood.

How many? Countless worlds, peoples, entire histories were struck out of the pages of memory by the violent hand of those so-professed enlightened ones. In terms of might there could be little doubt, for it showed itself several times in their forms; Saiyan, Arcosian, and Threshling, each who sought to transcend the shape of their mortal limits remained yet bound.

Bound by fear. Lashed to hatred. Even with nothing to oppose them, their course was still gated by an urging for savagery and violence.

What was the purpose of such strength? Wilhelm had described the outside Terra as the results of a sickness, the very font of the power that saved this planet the same which drove it mad. Was this merely the folly of mortal affectations that those who possessed power could see no other use for it but lashing out at others?

Strength cannot exist in the mind without Weakness to validate it, he thought. So much as Disease cannot exist without a body to infect.

Saiyan. Arcosian. Threshling. Human. Parasite. What was the connection? How did the Threshling spell open the magically gated path here?

At last he came to the digital record of the people known only as The First. Perhaps in this history, there would be some answer to be found before these ones, too, came out from hiding. Or perhaps, there in the rotting boneyard, they had in a morbid sense met already.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-16-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Resting, once again, in the chair she had taken soon after arriving, Meagan quietly watched the others. Isthar had lost a lot of blood, so much that she worried for her. Giving her time to recover is necessary, yet she still feels the urgency of returning as soon as possible. She wondered, while looking around, if this whole Bunker could be the transport to return al lof them, plus Wilhelm and the Princess, back to Earth.

The Threshling Priestess had played possum, and in the process created the conditions which had them to be flung across space. A lesson in never letting your guard down, though coudl they have even prevented it from happening?

Throwing her head back and looking up at the ceiling, she thought of Jinzi, wondering if she would ever see him again. Closing her eyes, she pictured his face smiling at her, as he often did when they were together. A pang of grief made her hearts skip a beat. Loving someone as much as she loved him was one part joy and one part pain at the fear of losing him forever. Being so far from him was tearing her apart.

Sitting up again, she glanced at the others. She could sense the emotions within them, the same mix of love, loss, pain, fear, joy, curiosity, friendship, and sadness.

Half the team saw themselves as leaders, the other half were just happy not to be, yet, somehow, she would do everything in her power to get them all back to Earth.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As the others either spoke among themselves or explored this bunker that they all found themselves in, Sarada found herself outside standing at the lip of the crystal clear lake Wilhelm took painstaking lengths to create. The others were concerned about whether they would return to their home universe and their home world. The same was very true for her, but the urgency she felt to do so was far greater. The others didn't have to worry about an empty throne and subjects who were always under threat from races that had been pushed to the brink of extinction. They needed their Queen to protect them, and Sarada just couldn't do that from here. Every second that ticked by one by one was another second that she was absent, another second they were vulnerable, and another second closer to them being wiped out.

I wish I had never taken the throne.

She had done so so Parsley couldn't. Now that that particular threat seemed to be a thing of the past, the ramifications of her ascending to royalty were coming to the fore one after the other. Every threat fell upon her to neutralize. Every time she was absent, there was a chance she may not come back.

It seemed that every time she went to Earth, something went wrong that tore her attention from her own world. It seemed that every time she went to Earth, she went missing for an extended period of time. Before, there was no real issue with that; now, that was unacceptable.

I think it's time to forget about Earth and worry about my own worlds. I have more than I can handle on my plate right now. I can't add on their worries, too.

It was a sound, reasonable conclusion. Earth had recently found itself the site of conflict after conflict; and while she relished in the chance to help out another world, it just wasn't feasible now. Vocado, Turrip, Langal, Ruco, Pepa, and even Callion required her full attention. She had an empire to run, and doing so left no time to run to another world to help solve their problems. The others were plenty strong enough to handle any invasion or threat without her. If not, well, she'd have to send someone else in her stead.

Which reminds me, Ishtar, Tasure, and I need to whip the army into shape. They'll need to be a lot stronger if they're going to pull their own weight.

She wanted to send Saiyans across the stars to help out, but that wasn't possible if they weren't as strong as she knew they could be. It meant a complete overhaul on their training philosophy and combat tactics. It also meant incorporating other things into their warfare that they previously thought they had no use for, such as weaponry and... and even magic. At the very least healing magic to trigger zenkais. Maybe cloaking spells and teleportation spells. It was a lot to think about.

At the very least, they needed to train the strongest ones to use the Hitozaru form. While it was a vulnerable form, it turned the tide of any battle in their favor almost instantly. Plus, it was much more practical than the Oozaru form. It has to start with me. Everyone has to see me willing to make these changes. If I don't, no one else will. That meant she was going to have to be serious about learning magic from Ishtar, and incorporating weaponry into her fighting style. She already had with her knives, but perhaps guns were also a thing she could use.

"But, guns are so primitive."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Excuse me, Wilhelm?" Etrina walked up to the man as he was examining the broken datapad on his desk.She carried the Blue Etrina, pinched and hanging by the back of the neck like some tiny sulking cat. Eyeing the broken datapad on the table, Etrina let out a annoyed sigh. "I see.....so it was true then. Unbelievable."

She lifted out and dropped the foci onto the table. "Whatever your feelings towards the misuse of such information, that datapad was not your property to destory.....apologize to the man for your disrespect."

".....You have my sincerest apologies for the damage I caused....I acted in haste and without proper consideration for your belongings......" The Blue Etrina scratched its tiny arm, and then got down on its hands in a bow of respect. "Forgive me."

"I'm deeply sorry as well, my foci act independently but I still receive certain mental information. Though build on a solid foundation, they are still children with little real world experience.....I ask you not judge it too harshly for its actions." Etrina bowed her head. "....That being said....I can repair your datapad if you wish. In fact....if you have anything else that has been damaged over time I can think of no better way to atone then offering my services."

Picking up the foci by the neck, Etrina then turned to Parsley and let the foci sit on her hand. "......Well?"

The Blue Etrina cringed. ".....Hrrm.....it was wrong of my to break it....but that doesn't change the fa.."

"Weither or not you agree to their line of thinking is irrelevant. They are our allies. We as a group will best decide how to use what we find for the betterment of our group and worlds at large....not dictate who deserves what based on a single ideal. Apologize to the ally whom you disrespected."

"....Geh.......I'm Sorry." The foci stammered and then bowed.

"Good......now then." Etrina plopped the blue foci down next to Parsley. "Parsley was it? I regret that my foci has been an annoyance....and since she has been a hindrance, it only fitting she learn how to be of assistance to you. Consider it an internship, until I retrieve her later you have my permissions to do what you will with her....and you will obey." She cast a soft glare down on the foci, who shuddered.
    Wilhelm stiffly nods and hands the broken data pad over.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Wilhelm pauses, voice tinged with sadness.

“Not sure I’m worth the offer. Not innocent. She is, she deserves a chance. Why I told you and showed you.”
    Wilhelm stiffly nods and hands the broken data pad over.
    Standing up, Meagan walks over to him, "There is a chance that, once the spell is completed that would take us back, it would be strong enough to take this whole building back as well. If we can not revive her here, there are those on the world we came from who would know how. If you came with us, you could at least have a chance to stand face to face with the sleeping Princess you have so long protected. In addition, the memories of your world would be preserved. It's small comfort, but perhaps others can learn from what your people have experienced."