Page 282 of 782 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "It has already been discussed, this ... communal exsanguination." Ishtar replied, after a moment. "Chuan, and Jack have agreed to this, I should not require more."
    Meagan gave her an odd look, then spoke to Wilhelm, "Some girls get grumpy in their old age, but I trust Isthar to do it right. While she is working on the spell, I need to inventory what we have here. If we can't take the building, then we'll need to decide what we can take. I have enough storage space in my spare capsules to take whatever you wish to preserve."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan gave her an odd look, then spoke to Wilhelm, "Some girls get grumpy in their old age, but I trust Isthar to do it right. While she is working on the spell, I need to inventory what we have here. If we can't take the building, then we'll need to decide what we can take. I have enough storage space in my spare capsules to take whatever you wish to preserve."
    "Insults, how quaint." Ishtar said with a shake of her head, before returning to the data pad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Finding nothing of interest inside, Sasheem headed outside to observe the surrounding area some more.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Info about her mother. That... would be difficult. It wasn't that she didn't know her mother very well--of course she did--but as far as her capabilities went... she was actually quite ignorant about what, precisely, her mother was capable of. She remained silent for a good while.

"That... is difficult to answer for me. I very much doubt you want to hear about about the personal, and I must confess that her true capabilities elude me. As such, I can only speak in generalities." She paused for a moment. "Our kind is adept with both ki and magic, as you may have guessed, and as the strongest of us, her power... well, I believe it would take several of your kind's "Super Saiyans" to pose much of a threat to her, and that's only taking into account what I do know. Enchanted arms and armor is very common among the upper ranks of our soldiers, with varying effects, and as the Queen, she no doubt has items of the utmost quality and power, though what effects these items may bring to bear, I cannot begin to imagine."

"Stated simply, if this group were to enter into conflict with her, we would be brushed aside like vermin," said Neva. "Even the lowest of our knights, in point of fact, would slaughter this group with but the slightest of effort. We are... most fortunate that Luop, said lowest of knights, did not accompany Jagam and Anula in their mission."

"My other siblings vary in their capability, but I am the runt of the group, both in age and combat ability. I am by no means deficient in terms of potential--in point of fact, my mother believes me to have the potential to surpass her, were I put in the effort--but rather lack of interest in that... until recently. Now that my hand has been forced by... all that has been occurring, it would be foolish of me to not train, would you not agree?"

Her gaze drifted towards the lake again, an uncharacteristically wistful look briefly flashing across her countenance. "In all likelihood, I am now an outcast among my people. No doubt my brother, in his play for power, has seen fit to sully my reputation. Hah, I can just imagine it... the people's princess, consorting with the unclean abominations from the stars... nay, I bet he has forged and spread evidence that I have given myself to... some male of another species, by now. Pfeh..."

"Mmm, but yes, I... apologize for my inability to provide much of worth when it comes to my mother," she said. "...I can say, however, that I do not believe... reasoning with her will work if you should meet. As much as I disdain other species, I am... by far, the most open-minded of my people."

That she knew of. Logically, there were probably others that were like her, but with how things were, speaking up would be death. Even she had been... harshly reprimanded by her mother for asking or saying the wrong thing.
    It turned out that Nevanlinna was just as much in the dark about her mother as Sarada was. This boded very poorly for the inevitable confrontation. What she did divulge, however, boded even worse. The Threshling Queen was suggested to be stronger than even a Super Saiyan.

It boggled the mind. Newly unearthed documents detailing Vocado's time as King of his namesake planet placed his power level as a Super Saiyan well into the hundreds of millions by the time he died. Saiyans were far weaker today than they were in that glorious yesteryear, but still, even a modern Super Saiyan would be in the millions. To even hypothesize that someone was stronger than multiple beings that powerful made... her heart start racing with excitement!

She couldn't wait until they crossed paths. Of course, she would have to be a Super Saiyan to even garner her attention. Even then, she may have had to surpass a Super Saiyan; assuming that was even possible. Either way, fighting someone that strong was a wet dream that left her soaked and wanting more!

She wiped her mouth. "Well, hearing that of your mother is... concerning. Yes, very concerning. I can hardly... imagine... fighting someone that... strong." She had to pause to calm herself down, which gave her a chance to listen closely as Nevanlinna continued.

As she did, she felt her brow tugged downward.

How could a brother do that to his own sister? Granted, she had sibling issues of her own, but once she gained the throne, Parsley backed off. She wouldn't put it past her sister to try something like this, but Parsley was much more refined than spreading petty rumors to try and discredit Sarada. She would rather just beat her in a dual and take the throne that way. No, this was much more insidious than anything a Saiyan was capable of. Not only rumors, but he had made one -- or perhaps two, if that robot had been hired by him -- attempts on her life.

"I don't know what to say. I... I guess I'm glad we Saiyans are much more straight-forward. I don't forsee anyone making an attempt on my life except by their own hand. Hiring killers, sending assassins, spreading rumors to sully someone's reputation. It's all so... stupid." Not to mention a waste of time and energy, plus risking the wrath of his all-powerful mother. "I imagine he just doesn't kill you himself because then he'd incur the wrath of your mother, right?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It turned out that Nevanlinna was just as much in the dark about her mother as Sarada was. This boded very poorly for the inevitable confrontation. What she did divulge, however, boded even worse. The Threshling Queen was suggested to be stronger than even a Super Saiyan.

It boggled the mind. Newly unearthed documents detailing Vocado's time as King of his namesake planet placed his power level as a Super Saiyan well into the hundreds of millions by the time he died. Saiyans were far weaker today than they were in that glorious yesteryear, but still, even a modern Super Saiyan would be in the millions. To even hypothesize that someone was stronger than multiple beings that powerful made... her heart start racing with excitement!

She couldn't wait until they crossed paths. Of course, she would have to be a Super Saiyan to even garner her attention. Even then, she may have had to surpass a Super Saiyan; assuming that was even possible. Either way, fighting someone that strong was a wet dream that left her soaked and wanting more!

She wiped her mouth. "Well, hearing that of your mother is... concerning. Yes, very concerning. I can hardly... imagine... fighting someone that... strong." She had to pause to calm herself down, which gave her a chance to listen closely as Nevanlinna continued.

As she did, she felt her brow tugged downward.

How could a brother do that to his own sister? Granted, she had sibling issues of her own, but once she gained the throne, Parsley backed off. She wouldn't put it past her sister to try something like this, but Parsley was much more refined than spreading petty rumors to try and discredit Sarada. She would rather just beat her in a dual and take the throne that way. No, this was much more insidious than anything a Saiyan was capable of. Not only rumors, but he had made one -- or perhaps two, if that robot had been hired by him -- attempts on her life.

"I don't know what to say. I... I guess I'm glad we Saiyans are much more straight-forward. I don't forsee anyone making an attempt on my life except by their own hand. Hiring killers, sending assassins, spreading rumors to sully someone's reputation. It's all so... stupid." Not to mention a waste of time and energy, plus risking the wrath of his all-powerful mother. "I imagine he just doesn't kill you himself because then he'd incur the wrath of your mother, right?"
    "I am only making guesses as to what what he may be doing to... neutralize me as a threat," said Neva. She... didn't actually know her siblings too well, busy with their duties as they had been. She'd always believed they were on good terms with her, but it was apparent that, at least in this case, her belief was mistaken. "I was by no means a threat before--I had no designs for the throne at all--and... merely wanted to be left to my own devices, to... travel the stars and learn, but recent events have forced my hand. And yes, I believe that, for now, acting against me directly and openly would incur my mother's wrath. She may have discouraged my... openness towards you creatures, in comparison to most of my kind, but I..."

She blinked and then uttered words that were most undignified. "Ah, ****. Anula survived, which means that he... has actual proof of me aiding the unclean to slay an agent of the empire. Two agents. Oh..." What followed were words that would be alien to Sarada's ears, but just from the context could only be Threshling curse words.

After a few moments of this, she regained her composure. She cleared her throat. "I apologize for that.. display of vulgarity. Now then... my offer of instruction still stands. I can't teach you anything advanced... quite yet... but I can certainly teach you enough to help your lover with her work."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-17-2018 at 01:48 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Without a word, Totoma listens to Zaofan... well, pour out his worries to him. He could sympathize on a lot of points, actually. Compared to Karine, he... was uncultured, and he didn't really pay much mind to magic. Yeah, he knew a bit about that stuff, but, really, he preferred to stick with what he was best at. Ki and punching things. But yeah, he could definitely sympathize with feeling... overwhelmed and out-of-his-element.

After a long pause, he finally spoke up: "Uh, Zao-san, I'm, uh... probably not the best person to go to for relationship advice. I mean, I accidentally confessed to her while... trying not to do just that. But... really, yeah, I think you're overthinking things. The way I see it, Etrina's surrounded by weirdness... probably a lot, so a relatively normal, down-to-earth guy like you would a... hm... an anchor, I guess. Something to keep her grounded in, uh, what most people consider reality. And, well, if you ever think you're getting stale, just work within your strengths... cooking. Find a new recipe--heck, create one yourself--to surprise and delight her. Or maybe find a way to combine your passions somehow. Like... magicooking."

What the hell was he even saying right now. After a brief, awkward pause, he continued. "Uh, as for me and Kari... ah, well, we get along great. Knowing each other for so long--over 15 years--has helped a lot. I'm... I'm still not sure what she sees in me, but for me, she's a source of peace and comfort. After my battle with Jagam, I... suffered from nightmares, ever night. Fighting that battle again and again. Being tortured all over again. Dying. Every single night. Except when she was near me."

Another pause, this time to focus on preparing some ingredients just right. He'd practiced his cooking a bit in the past year, but he was still nowhere near his father or Zaofan's level. Probably never would be, since he was focused on martial arts. Not that a Zhu focusing on that was weird or anything--not ever Zhu was a top-class chef... just a lot of 'em.

"Ya know, Karine and I actually have a sort of... metaphysical bond. It's that Kizuna thing I do, but way... way deeper. Like, if we're near each other, we can actually feel each other's emotions and... physical sensations, too. And let me tell you, that last part is really fun when it comes to sex. Though... the first time was kind of overwhelming, especially for me. I'd closed myself off for so long and having that undeniable proof that she loved me just..."

He trailed off. Back then, he'd actually been so overwhelmed that he'd broken down in tears. Yeah, not the most manly or saiyan-like thing to do, but... seriously, he'd been so isolated for so long and to finally feel loved again? How could he not?

"...ahh, well, it was a good feeling. Once we get back and things have calmed down, I think I'm gonna ask her to marry me. Figure it'll be a year or two before that happens, since we've still gotta track down her father, though. Now that Jagam's dead, I..."

He stopped and let that sink in. "Huh... he's dead. Jagam's really dead, isn't he? I won't have his shadow hanging over me from now on. What a... weird feeling. I've been working towards that goal for a long time, so... now what?"

Well, there was marrying Kari, raising a family... but, as a fighter, what was his goal? He was strong enough to handle just about any threat likely to pop up on Earth, so... maybe he'd just train to test his limits? See how far he could push himself, and then go beyond that. Or maybe he could figure all that out later and just focus on getting home.

Yeah, was probably better to just focus on the here and now for the time being.
    Zaofan makes sure to gather the most important foods for this type of ... objective. Dark and leafy greens, beans, eggs, nuts, and, much to his dismay, copious amounts of beef. While normally he would ration out this food, considering their recent battles and the very specific spell at hand, it seems going fairly big would be helpful.

"I think you sell yourself short there, Totoma. You and Karine arguably have the most ... well, 'stable,' relationship out of anyone on this planet, as far as we know. In a way, you're more experienced than most of us in these matters. So, I take your advice a bit more differently than maybe you'd expect. And this thing I have with Etrina -- I'd want it to last. It's been years since I've had a relationship, but she's worth it."

He begins pulling apart the spinach and kale into the mix, right next to all the -- *yeuck* -- beef. He knows damn well that Saiyans, as well as certain Ids, Majins, and Dino Men, like their meat cooked blue rare.

"And maybe you're right. Being an anchor... well, that's not something I'd say I'm used to, but the way you put things into perspective, I'd like to give it a try. Heck, me? Being an anchor? I'm the flightiest guy I know. Literally and personally. Hah!"

He sets aside large amounts of breads and noodles -- the starches will be good for energy storage. He readies a large pot to boil the noodles, sniffs it, and rinses it for good measure.

"...yeah, I never thought about becoming... domestic... before. As for you and Karine, well -- when we get back to our universe, if you need any help or morale support, or even just a witness to see you propose to Karine, I'd happily volunteer my services, from one chef to another. Hell, I'll even throw in the catering, too. After all, we all stood by you against Jagam. Proposing marriage could be even scarier in its own way, but like always, we got your back! And if you don't know what to do with your hands now that Jagam's dead, well -- you know what helps me out? Cooking! Always. It's almost like meditation for me."

As Zaofan begins filling the large pot with water, he looks up and begins to wonder, "Huh. I wonder how hard it is to take care of a Saiyan baby? Never had to think about that before."

"Which is why it's best not to try. I'm sure you're a wiz at science and stuff, but there are times when you have to trust others to do what they do best. I'am sure you'll get your chance to build something impressive one 'or these days. For now, let's let the magic experts give it a go."
    Praxat replies to this saying " sure thing." " my race kind of seeks knowledge and technology." "the one of the commandments of the goddess my race worship is." " You shall seek knowledge, for knowledge brings you closer to Zykona. "

" I pray to her back on earth to help us with Jagam and she did jack ****." " the last thing I said to her before we got transporter to this world was screw you." " now I just get the feeling that she might just be alien that somehow end up on my home world and was that her being a goddess is nothing more than position that someone give to her." " I been think about the Lookout and feel that the person my people worship Zykona might actually have the same title that Kami has on Earth."

" I believe she might actually be a Guardian." " however the thing I regret the most is that I never got the chance to warn my race's princess Qaztoh not to come to earth." " which means she's still heading there in a ship that isn't even hers." " which I have feel she stole ."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

"Insults, how quaint." Ishtar said with a shake of her head, before returning to the data pad.
    "No, I'm pretty sure your just grumpy." Etrina smirked. "...I should know, I get the same way when I'm focused."

"I am only making guesses as to what what he may be doing to... neutralize me as a threat," said Neva. She... didn't actually know her siblings too well, busy with their duties as they had been. She'd always believed they were on good terms with her, but it was apparent that, at least in this case, her belief was mistaken. "I was by no means a threat before--I had no designs for the throne at all--and... merely wanted to be left to my own devices, to... travel the stars and learn, but recent events have forced my hand. And yes, I believe that, for now, acting against me directly and openly would incur my mother's wrath. She may have discouraged my... openness towards you creatures, in comparison to most of my kind, but I..."

She blinked and then uttered words that were most undignified. "Ah, ****. Anula survived, which means that he... has actual proof of me aiding the unclean to slay an agent of the empire. Two agents. Oh..." What followed were words that would be alien to Sarada's ears, but just from the context could only be Threshling curse words.

After a few moments of this, she regained her composure. She cleared her throat. "I apologize for that.. display of vulgarity. Now then... my offer of instruction still stands. I can't teach you anything advanced... quite yet... but I can certainly teach you enough to help your lover with her work."
    At hearing that the mage that accompanied Jagam survived, Sarada froze, even as Nevanlinna let loose a torrent of what she assumed her curses in her native tongue. That... was not good. If she somehow survived, then that meant that Earth was vulnerable if she had been sent for any other purpose than to make sure Jagam didn't make a mess of things and get himself killed. Which he did, so she failed on that front.

'Ishtar, Nevanlinna says that that sorceress that was with Jagam survived somehow. Which means she could still be on Earth right now.'

They needed to get back to Earth as soon as possible. Which meant that she couldn't return to her empire until this was straightened out. "It's fine. It's not any worse than anything I say." She assumed, anyway. "If you're offering, then I'm willing to learn. Anything you can teach me is appreciated."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At hearing that the mage that accompanied Jagam survived, Sarada froze, even as Nevanlinna let loose a torrent of what she assumed her curses in her native tongue. That... was not good. If she somehow survived, then that meant that Earth was vulnerable if she had been sent for any other purpose than to make sure Jagam didn't make a mess of things and get himself killed. Which he did, so she failed on that front.

'Ishtar, Nevanlinna says that that sorceress that was with Jagam survived somehow. Which means she could still be on Earth right now.'

They needed to get back to Earth as soon as possible. Which meant that she couldn't return to her empire until this was straightened out. "It's fine. It's not any worse than anything I say." She assumed, anyway. "If you're offering, then I'm willing to learn. Anything you can teach me is appreciated."
    "I... must apologize again." That was becoming a habit as of today. She did not like it one bit, but... in this case, she had 'screwed the pooch', as the Earthlings say. "I was aware of Anula's usage of her... simulacrum spell and became so focused on adding it to my repertoire that I let her live simply so I could examine the subtle workings of magic that make it function. I was, of course, planning to finish her off or perhaps make her an offer she could not refuse after the battle, but... hm, well, your highness, we both know how that turn out, I'm afraid."

It was little consolation that she had figured out the spell and, indeed, added it to her repertoire. But, she couldn't afford to focus on her, as of late, many mistakes. "Now then... keep in mind that I am doing this out of pragmatism. The more people familiar, even on a basic level, with how these magics work, the smoother things will go." That, and she was curious as to whether a Saiyan could even learn magic. In theory, anyone could learn such things, but the Saiyan mindset... did not lend itself to sorcery. She doubted, even if the queen grasped the theories and concepts, that she'd ever be able to cast more complex spells, but even simple spells could be invaluable to a fighter.

"To start, basic magecraft can be thought of as simply, through sheer power threaded with will and intent, affecting reality in the manner desired by the caster..." she began. What followed was a primer on basic magic, Threshling sorcery, and, to the extent that she could offer, blood magic.

She likened the way Threshlings performed their spellwork almost like constructing a sentence, or perhaps a poem or hymn. It was a powerful, efficient thing, capable of great feats, but also delicate, at times. Context, intent, even the grammar of the spell, in some ways, could affect the result. With shorter spells--like most combat-oriented spells--there was more... wiggle-room, but with complicated rituals like the one Ishtar was readying herself to perform, the complex nature of the spell required perfection... or just about. In other words, there was little to no margin of error with this. Ishtar's concerns about sending the group into the core of a star or the void of space were, indeed, quite well warranted.

What information she could offer about blood magic was... limited, as those secrets were carefully guarded, even from the prying eyes of royalty. She did, however, know a bit, as years before she'd managed to get her hands on some tomes on the matter. Of course, she'd eventually been found out, reprimanded, and the tomes confiscated, but it was enough to give the Queen a crash course on just why it was so effective. There was great power in blood and to make use of it in one's spellwork allowed one to achieve things beyond the pale of your common mage. She also emphasized its potential dangers, both mundane--the loss of blood--and... not-so-mundane.

Her crash course, naturally, included demonstrations, as well as short breaks to allow the Saiyan queen to digest the torrent of information, as well as ask questions. She also included a short lesson on how to sense magic in a manner similar to ki. Finally, after quite some time, the lesson came to an end. "That... should be enough for you to contribute to our efforts to return home, provided you practice what I've shown you. Once you have a solid grasp of the basic and want to start weaving spells of your own, I believe simple ones would be of most use to you and your people. Healing spells, in particular, would be of particular use to Saiyans, considering your biology."

"And please, do not mistake that as a disparaging remark against your people. Combat magic tend to be 'simple', as it were, and as such, it seems likely that, if this knowledge spreads among your people, that, as a species that so heavily prizes combat ability, that your magic users will of course focus on combat magic."

"I would suggest you still seek out tutelage from Ishtar, of course. She... may have her own ways of weaving spellwork, and with this subject matter, knowledge is indeed power. I might even suggest asking that Earthling mageling for additional instruction, if you feel so inclined. Or, if nothing else, observing her as she does her spellwork, as I have been doing."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-17-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Wilhelm nods.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Unsurprisingly there was little else this record could spare of the First Race, what history there remained was largely apocryphal. Whoever they are, they've their ways to remained hidden. Hmm...

To Ochazuke's mind, the shroud around these ones echoed the length of Nevanlinna's discourse on her people. What he read next reverbed all the haughty laughter that came with it. Magic. The means to twist the external world. Is there a connection? Only dread motes of speculation there, back then as now, but it was feasible. Perhaps all the rest of the universe to them is no more than the loosened chaff. Where so reason alone should not suffice to justify coexistence... "Cheh."

The fault in endless speculation was in the length of reason it left, tied upon itself leading nowhere and shortening the span of focus. Ochazuke exhaled slowly, emptying the fog in his mind as he read more into the weapon of this dead world. These strange relics were ancient, some supposed. Reaching back to the start of creation, a source of strength and deliverer of doom. They'd seen their power first hand the moment they arrived in this world, and but for the violent throng that rose in their wake, he was unable to decipher more to their nature than that they simply were.

Curious. The Saiyans, the First, they fell to the Cairn, but these Threshlings were wise enough to refrain from them. A matter deeper than magic, more threatening than ki. But for the faltering will and this sickness that ruined the outside world, the dread power that knotted through Terra along the Cairns' Road spoke to a deeper conflict, and the desperate straits that befell humanity when they stood to face those who held themselves lofty gods. All that remained was a lone guardian, the hidden lady, and nearly two hundred years ago Wilhelm inherited a world replete with things that stalking for life there in the dead darkness.

No other way but forward. No way forward but through.

Still, as he read through the parallel history, one last answer remained elusive.

Why would Threshling magic of our world send us to this one, unless they already knew?

"More power," Ochazuke said, replacing the datapad among the other historical records. Largely sparse for words himself, within the luxury of comrades and company his tongue was restrained by choice. This one, forcefully set apart from an entire world, had forgotten how to talk. Just like the Old Turtle.

He raised a finger and circled it in the air around him. "Those who watch, will they wake?"
    He nods.

“I can distract them though. Keep you...safe during spell.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm nods.
    Meagan asks Wilhelm to help her go through the building. To show her those items he considers to be valuable. Those items he wants to be taken back with them when they leave.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-17-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ishtar offered Meagan a humorless chuckle.

"Impossible. Regardless, the spell requires enough blood to fashion the sigil. Though ... the matter of transporting this ... place, should be a simple enough one. You mentioned several capsules, one containing a home did you not ?" The glowing-eyed Oni asked a moment, before nodding to herself. "Yes ... I seem to recall that you did. Transfer anything you wish to take inside, and store the home again and it should not be an issue."

The Oni thought about it a moment more before sighing.

"I cannot promise the building itself. Though I will consider it."

Ishtar considered this a moment, before nodding slowly.

"It will guarantee I do not transport us into the void of space above our destination ... or a Sun, perhaps ..." The Oni checked something on the datapad she held then, before nodding once more to herself.

"Wilhelm, if there is anything pertaining to the war, and the magics that may have been used to fashion the Carin, I should need to see it."

OT: Anything on the woman, by the way ?
    An old book with a single portrait of her and a name:

Shek’hinah, a Goddess.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-17-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"I... must apologize again." That was becoming a habit as of today. She did not like it one bit, but... in this case, she had 'screwed the pooch', as the Earthlings say. "I was aware of Anula's usage of her... simulacrum spell and became so focused on adding it to my repertoire that I let her live simply so I could examine the subtle workings of magic that make it function. I was, of course, planning to finish her off or perhaps make her an offer she could not refuse after the battle, but... hm, well, your highness, we both know how that turn out, I'm afraid."

It was little consolation that she had figured out the spell and, indeed, added it to her repertoire. But, she couldn't afford to focus on her, as of late, many mistakes. "Now then... keep in mind that I am doing this out of pragmatism. The more people familiar, even on a basic level, with how these magics work, the smoother things will go." That, and she was curious as to whether a Saiyan could even learn magic. In theory, anyone could learn such things, but the Saiyan mindset... did not lend itself to sorcery. She doubted, even if the queen grasped the theories and concepts, that she'd ever be able to cast more complex spells, but even simple spells could be invaluable to a fighter.

"To start, basic magecraft can be thought of as simply, through sheer power threaded with will and intent, affecting reality in the manner desired by the caster..." she began. What followed was a primer on basic magic, Threshling sorcery, and, to the extent that she could offer, blood magic.

She likened the way Threshlings performed their spellwork almost like constructing a sentence, or perhaps a poem or hymn. It was a powerful, efficient thing, capable of great feats, but also delicate, at times. Context, intent, even the grammar of the spell, in some ways, could affect the result. With shorter spells--like most combat-oriented spells--there was more... wiggle-room, but with complicated rituals like the one Ishtar was readying herself to perform, the complex nature of the spell required perfection... or just about. In other words, there was little to no margin of error with this. Ishtar's concerns about sending the group into the core of a star or the void of space were, indeed, quite well warranted.

What information she could offer about blood magic was... limited, as those secrets were carefully guarded, even from the prying eyes of royalty. She did, however, know a bit, as years before she'd managed to get her hands on some tomes on the matter. Of course, she'd eventually been found out, reprimanded, and the tomes confiscated, but it was enough to give the Queen a crash course on just why it was so effective. There was great power in blood and to make use of it in one's spellwork allowed one to achieve things beyond the pale of your common mage. She also emphasized its potential dangers, both mundane--the loss of blood--and... not-so-mundane.

Her crash course, naturally, included demonstrations, as well as short breaks to allow the Saiyan queen to digest the torrent of information, as well as ask questions. She also included a short lesson on how to sense magic in a manner similar to ki. Finally, after quite some time, the lesson came to an end. "That... should be enough for you to contribute to our efforts to return home, provided you practice what I've shown you. Once you have a solid grasp of the basic and want to start weaving spells of your own, I believe simple ones would be of most use to you and your people. Healing spells, in particular, would be of particular use to Saiyans, considering your biology."

"And please, do not mistake that as a disparaging remark against your people. Combat magic tend to be 'simple', as it were, and as such, it seems likely that, if this knowledge spreads among your people, that, as a species that so heavily prizes combat ability, that your magic users will of course focus on combat magic."

"I would suggest you still seek out tutelage from Ishtar, of course. She... may have her own ways of weaving spellwork, and with this subject matter, knowledge is indeed power. I might even suggest asking that Earthling mageling for additional instruction, if you feel so inclined. Or, if nothing else, observing her as she does her spellwork, as I have been doing."
    There was quite a bit to take in once the lesson got started. Sarada had absolutely no experience with magic prior to this moment, so it was like she was at the CTC all over again. To show that she was serious, she opened up a document on her PAD and started taking thorough notes to study later. She'd add whatever she learned from Ishtar and Etrina later on, then take them time to craft her own spell.

To start, combat magic was much simpler and easier to cast than the ritual based magic, like the one Ishtar was gearing up to perform to get them home. With that in mind, Sarada knew where she needed to focus on. As a Saiyan, she already accepted that she'd neither have the need nor the skill to cast anything complex. Stuff like healing magic, illusions, and the like were much more up her ally. With her own creativity, she would likely be able to meld her own ki techniques into whatever spell she decided to come up with for a double-edged attack.

That, of course, would come much later when she had the basics down.

As she listened, she asked questions and wrote down what Nevanlinna said in answer.

Once the demonstrations came, she turned her camcorder on and recorded everything Nevanlinna said and did during. She planned on going back and rewatching it over and over until she felt ready to give it a try herself.

Finally, she took notes on how to sense magic in the same way she sensed ki. Since she didn't under how to do the latter until well after she graduated from the CTC, she wasn't expecting to master the former for quite some time.

The lesson concluded with the Threshling suggesting that she still seek out Ishtar's tutelage, and even that of Etrina. A sound idea on the latter; she hadn't thought of going to the time sorceress.

"Thanks, Nevanlinna," she said gratefully when it was all over. She stood and made sure to save her notes before vanishing the hologram. "I won't be as good at this stuff as you or Ishtar, but being able to heal myself is my only goal anyway. If I can manage that, then this endeavor was a big success."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!