Page 3 of 782 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Sarada emerged from the main building and spoke, Ishtar was there was with a response and that… strange looking animal at her side. Anubis, if she remembered correctly. A few months ago, Ishtar explained that she summoned the creature using one of the spells she had been researching, which required her to cut herself open and bleed all over the summoning circle -- which explained why Sarada felt that sudden pain in her hand. The creature's first act of life was to tackle its new master through a wall -- which also explained why Sarada felt that sudden throb in her back.

What a curious form it had, but that wasn't a pressing concern at the moment.

Ishtar agreed that going to Capsule Corp was the way to go, the only caveat being she needed to be carried. Oh right, she can't flight.

"That won't be an issue." She grinned and scooped the Oni up in her arms. "Hang on tight. I'm a lot faster than I was before." With that, she and her two passengers rocketed into the air, in the direction that she hoped would lead them to Capsule Corp.
    "Thank you, Sarada." Ishtar offered with another nod, before allowing herself to be carried towards Capsule Corp ...

What in the hell happened here?

Capital City, the city in which Capsule Corp was built, was in absolute ruin. Buildings were hollowed out husks, barely shadows of their former magnificence. The ground was covered in craters and scorch marks, the same as the Lookout. Airships were falling out of the sky.

That meant that there must have been survivors trying to find refuge. However, that took a very faraway backseat when Sarada and Ishtar passed by the Capsule Corp building.

"Damn it," she cursed harshly. There was nothing left. Barely a husk left in the center of a crater. Unless he escaped, Jinzi was certainly dead. That explained why the comms were no longer working.

She landed at the spot where the front entrance had been just a few months ago. No, a few minutes ago, if the phenomena that transpired on the Lookout was any indication. Whatever happened here happened suddenly, while she was unconscious. It was as convenient as it was distressing.

"Damn it," she repeated. A last-ditch scan of the area revealed that there were a few lives around. Slak, Zaofan, and another she didn't recognize. At least they made it okay, though she had no idea if the same could be said of the others. No... Jack...
    ... And the sight that greeted them when they arrived was dismal.

Capital City was a smoking ruin, almost as if a Skyfall had been performed by the now-dead Fife/Parasite. Yet it was worse than that it seemed, as the two shot past the location of Capsule Corps Headquarters ... all that had greeted them was a smoking crater. Wholly destroyed, without a single trace of anything. Added to the fact that the nigh-unbreakable communication devices that had been gifted by Mr. Pantaloon were also broken ... it was far more than simple concern that began to well up inside the Oni.

The stillness they experienced now, was simply a precursor to cacophony. "This is how a world dies, Sarada ... I have seen such things before."

"Some of the others are nearby. Let's go see if they know anything."
    The idea that Sarada offered next however was a good one, and so with a simple nod the Oni set her focus towards the prospect of finding those others with whom she had made an acquaintance all those months before ... at the least, they were alive.

Sarada took note again of the ship in freefall. Her eyes widened slightly when she detected that there was a person on board. About as strong as she was, but probably not strong enough to survive a crash that stemmed from the upper atmosphere. She sighed heavily and flared her aura. "I better help that ship. Go find Zaofan and Slak and check with them."

With that, she rocketed into the air, hoping to intercept the ship before it crashed landed and killed whoever it was on board.
    Placed gently on the ground by Sarada, Ishtar then nodded before offering the girl a simple, "please be safe." Before watching her rocket off towards the rapidly descending spacecraft with a look of concern. Yet despite her concern for the girl's welfare, the Oni knew well how capable she was, and with a soft sigh, she turned; and set her focus on those others she could see.

Zaofan, one who darted off quickly in pursuit of the selfsame aircaft. A strange .... thing; and yet another strange thing, but one with the look- and air- of someone who felt themselves important ...

Ishtar approached then, quickly. Only paying little mind to the slight blurring at the edge of periphery ...

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "You may call me Lady Nevanlinna, a... traveler of the stars. And now that I've graced you with my name, you may give me yours," she said, flashing Zaofan a disarming smile. She spoke as if she would be doing him a favor by even listening to him state his name, let alone remembering it.
    Regardless, his efforts partially worked, though now the ship was heading directly towards the restaurant--specifically, towards her. Ah, what to do... she could show off and simply stop it effortlessly, but there was no need to do that. Instead, she opted to simply float off the ground and maneuver away from where the ship would probably impact.
    "You are not Etrina," Ishtar commented simply as she appraised this 'Lady Nevanlinna'; and after a moment of this sizing up she clarified- if only slightly. "She is generally the one who makes such ... comments toward Zaofan." After a brief pause to perhaps bring clarity to the Oni's implication, the blue woman then asked simply:

"In any case, Lady Nevanlinna ... Why are you here ?"

And given everything that had happened in the time since the golden-eyed Oni had blacked out, it seemed a pertinent question.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    P-sta lands with mimimal damage to his ship and himself.
    Also, Cleric. Ishtar has been actively seeking out any traces of magical interference/use since she woke up. Any results there ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sarada moved out of the way of Zaofan's Mega Optic Blast and watched it strike the free-falling vehicle dead center. A smart tactic, one that extinguished the flames that had accumulated when the ship pierced the atmosphere. Acting quickly, Sarada moved to the top of the ship and unsheathed one of her katchin knives. She tried to stab it into the hull so she could cut out a circle wide enough for the person inside to escape.

Only to find that she was too late. She pulled back just moments before the ship crash landed. "****."

A quick scan told her that the person inside wasn't too badly hurt, and the ship had sustained minimal damage. Good, at least they wouldn't have a dead body to add to their problems.
    Nevanlinna's eye twitched upon catching sight of Sarada. The armor and that tail... she sighed mentally. A Saiyan, just... wonderful. Her hand wandered to the hilt of her sword as she seriously contemplated striking down the she-monkey where she stood, but... no, no, perhaps even a beast driven purely by instinct and destructive intent would be useful, if aimed in the right direction.

That, and killing the thing would provoke a reaction from the others, certainly, and, though a trivial effort it would be, expending the energy to put down some or all of these creatures would simply be a waste, especially when they were far more useful alive, serving in their proper place as pawns, whether they did so knowingly or not.

"How fortunate that the ship--and its pilot--has landed with little damage."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also, Cleric. Ishtar has been actively seeking out any traces of magical interference/use since she woke up. Any results there ?
    No magic interference at all.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jack sat crossed legged on the mountain top, focusing on his power level, bringing it down...down...down...

He breathed in and out slowly, then slower...slower...

The trick was, he found to relay every bit of energy that would normally radiate out, to be wasted radiating out his presence to the world and draw it back in and circulate it through his body. Leave no trace...let nothing escape...

And suddenly everything changed. Jack was not entirely sure what, but he could feel it. A sudden...lurching...not of his body...not of a power level, but at once more significant than either.

Jack opened his eyes.

"The @#$%?"

He stretched out his senses, searching for the familiar patterns of energy of his companions.

Apparently they had been training too.

Without even thinking it, Jack focused in on a particular one, almost by instinct, and suddenly he was off.

Brick City

The motorcycle's engine roared beneath, the struts pistoning with each piece of rubble it passed over, yet such inconveniences didn't bother its rider, who silently surveyed the results of the town's destruction. A solitary figure, accompanied by only the music blaring from his ear buds, Charco Ogatan found no satisifaction in what he saw. He sought answers, but was left with only more than he originally had.

No survivors, no bodies; nothing but the ashes of a spirited away civilization.

Guiding his cycle towards the highway, his only conclusion was to seek his answers in the neighboring towns, or what remained of them.

P-sta lands with mimimal damage to his ship and himself.
    "Oof," P-Sta sighed in relief, the crash along with his kicks finally breaking the latch off of his ship. Leaping out of it and landing on the ground, P-Sta had noted that his descent had notably slowed. There were others surrounding the ship. They must've done something to slow his fall. "Gathered citizens of Earth!" P-Sta announced. "Not only do I thank you, but I am certain the Galaxy Police at large will thank you for providing assistance to one of their most esteemed officers!"
    Last edited by KingofPie; 05-07-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Thank you, Sarada." Ishtar offered with another nod, before allowing herself to be carried towards Capsule Corp ...

... And the sight that greeted them when they arrived was dismal.

Capital City was a smoking ruin, almost as if a Skyfall had been performed by the now-dead Fife/Parasite. Yet it was worse than that it seemed, as the two shot past the location of Capsule Corps Headquarters ... all that had greeted them was a smoking crater. Wholly destroyed, without a single trace of anything. Added to the fact that the nigh-unbreakable communication devices that had been gifted by Mr. Pantaloon were also broken ... it was far more than simple concern that began to well up inside the Oni.

The stillness they experienced now, was simply a precursor to cacophony. "This is how a world dies, Sarada ... I have seen such things before."

The idea that Sarada offered next however was a good one, and so with a simple nod the Oni set her focus towards the prospect of finding those others with whom she had made an acquaintance all those months before ... at the least, they were alive.

Placed gently on the ground by Sarada, Ishtar then nodded before offering the girl a simple, "please be safe." Before watching her rocket off towards the rapidly descending spacecraft with a look of concern. Yet despite her concern for the girl's welfare, the Oni knew well how capable she was, and with a soft sigh, she turned; and set her focus on those others she could see.

Zaofan, one who darted off quickly in pursuit of the selfsame aircaft. A strange .... thing; and yet another strange thing, but one with the look- and air- of someone who felt themselves important ...

Ishtar approached then, quickly. Only paying little mind to the slight blurring at the edge of periphery ...

"You are not Etrina," Ishtar commented simply as she appraised this 'Lady Nevanlinna'; and after a moment of this sizing up she clarified- if only slightly. "She is generally the one who makes such ... comments toward Zaofan." After a brief pause to perhaps bring clarity to the Oni's implication, the blue woman then asked simply:

"In any case, Lady Nevanlinna ... Why are you here ?"

And given everything that had happened in the time since the golden-eyed Oni had blacked out, it seemed a pertinent question.
    Nevanlinna met the Oni's golden eyes with her amethyst one. Now this was interesting... a species she'd never encountered before. A female, almost assuredly, unless this species was mono-gendered or had a very unorthodox form of sexual dimorphism. Age... approximately 30 to 35? The way she carried herself did not give the impression of being an expert fighter; that she'd arrived here being carried by the Saiyan was odd. Could this horned woman not fly or was she simply too lazy to do so?

The question she asked was simple, but relevant.

"To learn. But as it pertains to this situation, I am here on pure happenstance. I was sampling the local... delicacies, was overcome by a bright light, and came to in this blasted landscape," she said, drummed her fingers on the hilt of her sword. "Imagine my surprise, to have this world end so soon after I arrive upon it. Disappointing."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Nevanlinna's eye twitched upon catching sight of Sarada. The armor and that tail... she sighed mentally. A Saiyan, just... wonderful. Her hand wandered to the hilt of her sword as she seriously contemplated striking down the she-monkey where she stood, but... no, no, perhaps even a beast driven purely by instinct and destructive intent would be useful, if aimed in the right direction.

That, and killing the thing would provoke a reaction from the others, certainly, and, though a trivial effort it would be, expending the energy to put down some or all of these creatures would simply be a waste, especially when they were far more useful alive, serving in their proper place as pawns, whether they did so knowingly or not.

"How fortunate that the ship--and its pilot--has landed with little damage."
    The voice wasn't one Sarada recognized. The form wasn't a race of this planet, obviously, but it also wasn't one she had seen in her studies. While incomplete, the Academy's xenocentric studies covered quite a number of different races.

Hm.

"Yeah, a good thing. We don't need a dead body added to our current issues." She eyed this new woman suspiciously. Strange that the entire world went to hell, then she showed up. While it was probably unlikely that she had anything to do with it, she learned the hard way to not ever underestimate someone who didn't look like much.

"I don't suppose you know anything about what happened here, do you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oof," P-Sta sighed in relief, the crash along with his kicks finally breaking the latch off of his ship. Leaping out of it and landing on the ground, P-Sta had noted that his descent had notably slowed. There were others surrounding the ship. They must've done something to slow his fall. "Gathered citizens of Earth!" P-Sta announced. "Not only do I thank you, but I am certain the Galactic Patrol at large will thank you for providing assistance to one of their most esteemed officers!"
    Landing gently on the ground next to the ship, Nevalinna, and P-Sta, Zaofan instead went for the familiar face, walking with his arms out for an embrace.

"Ishtar! Am I glad to see you!"

Full of smiles and relief, he couldn't help himself. After finally letting go, he continues, "You've no idea how relieved I am. And I see you've met...um..."

He points several times at Lady Nevanlinna, his pointing turning into finger snapping...

He then turns to P-Sta. "Galaxy Police, eh? You're not the first one around these parts. How do you feel?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jack and Charco would discover the exact same thing: Capital City in ruins.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oof," P-Sta sighed in relief, the crash along with his kicks finally breaking the latch off of his ship. Leaping out of it and landing on the ground, P-Sta had noted that his descent had notably slowed. There were others surrounding the ship. They must've done something to slow his fall. "Gathered citizens of Earth!" P-Sta announced. "Not only do I thank you, but I am certain the Galactic Patrol at large will thank you for providing assistance to one of their most esteemed officers!"
    Ah, ****. This guy was from the Galaxy Patrol. The very organization who still had it out for her entire race. Not without good reason, but it still didn't feel good to have all their attempts at good will rebuffed because some people were still hung up on the past. "Yeah, no problem," Sarada answered with a nod. "Can you get in contact with some of your Patrol people? I think we're going to need some help around here."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The voice wasn't one Sarada recognized. The form wasn't a race of this planet, obviously, but it also wasn't one she had seen in her studies. While incomplete, the Academy's xenocentric studies covered quite a number of different races.

Hm.

"Yeah, a good thing. We don't need a dead body added to our current issues." She eyed this new woman suspiciously. Strange that the entire world went to hell, then she showed up. While it was probably unlikely that she had anything to do with it, she learned the hard way to not ever underestimate someone who didn't look like much.

"I don't suppose you know anything about what happened here, do you?"
    "SARADA-HAHAHA!"

Zaofan likewise goes in excitedly for a hug, though understandably so, jumping up and down while keeping the hold. "This... This is reassuring! Seeing you and Ishtar here. It's been six months!"
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-07-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Jack and Charco would discover the exact same thing: Capital City in ruins.
    "Even here, huh?"

Parking his motorcycle, he capsuled it before proceeding further into the city on foot. It only took him a few steps before he sensed several lifeforms, prompting him to head towards the others.

Nevanlinna met the Oni's golden eyes with her amethyst one. Now this was interesting... a species she'd never encountered before. A female, almost assuredly, unless this species was mono-gendered or had a very unorthodox form of sexual dimorphism. Age... approximately 30 to 35? The way she carried herself did not give the impression of being an expert fighter; that she'd arrived here being carried by the Saiyan was odd. Could this horned woman not fly or was she simply too lazy to do so?

The question she asked was simple, but relevant.

"To learn. But as it pertains to this situation, I am here on pure happenstance. I was sampling the local... delicacies, was overcome by a bright light, and came to in this blasted landscape," she said, drummed her fingers on the hilt of her sword. "Imagine my surprise, to have this world end so soon after I arrive upon it. Disappointing."
    Ishtar waited patiently for this 'Lady', to appraise her in turn; the level of curiosity in those amethyst ones something of interest itself.

The moment passed quickly enough however, and with a drumming of fingers upon the blade at her side this ... Huh. The golden-eyed Oni realized that she could not actually place the woman's species. There were similarities to the Shinjin in the pointed ears, yet the complexion was not one typical of the race. There was a chance she was an aberrant, or perhaps one that stemmed from one of the golden fruits that had at times been found in the Timeless Gardens of Otherworld ... and yet the way she had stared a moment before; as if she did not understand what an Oni was ...

No this one was mortal ... but what was she.

A thing Ishtar given time would have taken lengths to discover, it was rare thing to find a species she was not at once immediately familiar. Yet when the amethyst-eyed woman began to gently drum her fingers against the hilt of the blade at her side however, Ishtar's blinked and shook such thoughts from her mind.

Another time.

"It is an acceleration of a thing I have seen many times. To say that is strange is perhaps not ... uncommon. Yet given the lengths we had taken to prevent such an outcome six months prior; such a sudden ending is ... as you say." Ishtar replied after a moment. "That you are here as happenstance however is ... perhaps for the best."

Offering a polite nod then, Ishtar met eyes with the strange woman before gracing Nevanlinna with her own name.

"I am Ishtar."

Arx Inosaan