Page 310 of 782 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was... odd. There should have been no reason the Threshling princess was randomly shunted to another world while the rest of them ended up exactly where Ishtar intended to take them -- well, not exactly but close enough. "Think she's in trouble? Do you know exactly where she is?"

If they needed to go save her, she was going to owe them BIG time; especially if they saved her life from certain death while doing so. Unfortunately, Sarada had no intention on embarking on such a quest with the bevy of obligations she had piled up on her shoulders that she had spent enough time shirking the last few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    All three mini Etrinas turned their collective eyes on the White Etrina, who put her hands up defensively. "Whoa WHOA! It totally wasn't me."
    "Trouble ? Perhaps. I surmise however, that her ... absence has something to do with the attention garnered from my use of the 'Gate of Auroc'." Ishtar replied both to Sarada, and Etrina, even as she considered the possibilities of where Nevanlinna might have been sent to.

"Who it was I cannot say for sure, and yet it was one who exists between universes. Perhaps a void creature, similar to Parsic. Perhaps something else entirely ... in any event, it seems as if Nevanlinna might have been returned ... home. Though I cannot say for certain."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley pod arrived shortly after she beckoned it and landed on the Lookout with a hard metallic clang. Without pomp or circumstance, she walked toward it and tapped an unseen button on its side to open the hatch. "I'm leaving," she announced to the others. "Goodbye." With that, she started to get inside."

"Wait!" Sarada shouted. She ran up to her sister and tugged on her arm to get her to stop. "Where will you go? You're not welcome on Vocado."

It wasn't a threat, or spoken with mockery or derision; a simple stating of a fact.

Both of them knew that the moment Parsley stepped foot on Vocado, Ruco, Turrip, Pepa, or Langal, she was going to be jeered, insulted, possibly attacked, and told to leave. No one outside of Callion and small pockets on Vocado and Langal shared her views on half-breeds. Voicing them allowed without checking the popularity and prevalence of such views made her an outcast, all but exiled from Saiyan society.

In a way, her situation mirrored that of Nevanlinna's. There were difference, but it narrowed down to them both being black-sheep among their own people.

In the end, Parsley didn't answer.

Sarada sighed. "I'll make sure everyone knows how much you helped against Jagam. Thank you."

She nodded once. "I gave you my word I'd help and I did."

"Yeah. You did."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incredible Member

It seemed that there was nothing here left for Parsley to bother concerning herself with. The planet was safe again, and her obligation to her sister and her race had been concluded when Jagam drew his last breath. With nothing left to do and absolutely no desire to linger on this backwater planet for a second longer than necessary, Parsley tapped her wrist to summon her pod so she could finally leave this place.
    Parsley pod arrived shortly after she beckoned it and landed on the Lookout with a hard metallic clang. Without pomp or circumstance, she walked toward it and tapped an unseen button on its side to open the hatch. "I'm leaving," she announced to the others. "Goodbye." With that, she started to get inside."

"Wait!" Sarada shouted. She ran up to her sister and tugged on her arm to get her to stop. "Where will you go? You're not welcome on Vocado."

It wasn't a threat, or spoken with mockery or derision; a simple stating of a fact.

Both of them knew that the moment Parsley stepped foot on Vocado, Ruco, Turrip, Pepa, or Langal, she was going to be jeered, insulted, possibly attacked, and told to leave. No one outside of Callion and small pockets on Vocado and Langal shared her views on half-breeds. Voicing them allowed without checking the popularity and prevalence of such views made her an outcast, all but exiled from Saiyan society.

In a way, her situation mirrored that of Nevanlinna's. There were difference, but it narrowed down to them both being black-sheep among their own people.

In the end, Parsley didn't answer.

Sarada sighed. "I'll make sure everyone knows how much you helped against Jagam. Thank you."

She nodded once. "I gave you my word I'd help and I did."

"Yeah. You did."
    It was at that moment that Chuan made his appearance. Though he was still woozy from the blood loss, he was at least lucid enough to realize what was going on. Perhaps he had remained willfully ignorant of the situation until it came to a head, at which point he couldn't keep his silence any longer. Even cowardice had its limits, after all.

If one looked at it from an outside perspective, there really wasn't a reason for him to do what he was thinking of. After all, they hadn't really interacted much. And in some cases, having her around would be more of a liability than not. Of course, when it came down to it, he wasn't thinking of that. Right now, he had come to a simple conclusion, one he left unvoiced for the time being.

"Is it really fine for you to go now, Parsley?" He sniffled. It was tears, though these ones weren't out of sadness. Something else was in mind. "After all, we're just getting started. Bigger fights coming our way, things so weird and horrible that beating them would do more to prove your strength than just Jagam...."

He let that last sentence trail, if only to let it serve as bait. There was no way the healer could claim to be an expert on Saiyans, but he had a working idea of what would and wouldn't hit her buttons. God help him if this alone wasn't enough to get her to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    It was at that moment that Chuan made his appearance. Though he was still woozy from the blood loss, he was at least lucid enough to realize what was going on. Perhaps he had remained willfully ignorant of the situation until it came to a head, at which point he couldn't keep his silence any longer. Even cowardice had its limits, after all.

If one looked at it from an outside perspective, there really wasn't a reason for him to do what he was thinking of. After all, they hadn't really interacted much. And in some cases, having her around would be more of a liability than not. Of course, when it came down to it, he wasn't thinking of that. Right now, he had come to a simple conclusion, one he left unvoiced for the time being.

"Is it really fine for you to go now, Parsley?" He sniffled. It was tears, though these ones weren't out of sadness. Something else was in mind. "After all, we're just getting started. Bigger fights coming our way, things so weird and horrible that beating them would do more to prove your strength than just Jagam...."

He let that last sentence trail, if only to let it serve as bait. There was no way the healer could claim to be an expert on Saiyans, but he had a working idea of what would and wouldn't hit her buttons. God help him if this alone wasn't enough to get her to stay.
    The voice that called out to Parsley was a familiar one, even if she would never pick out the face that it belonged to out of a crowd. The human healer had helped her out countless times, not the least of which being the most recent time when he helped the Chromakai save her life. She owed him one for that one, even if she would never voice it or allow him to think so.

More than his voicing opposition to her leaving was the state in which he did it. Tears streaming down his face, voice warbled. Surely he wasn't that broken up over her leaving. There was nothing in their brief moments of interaction that left any ambiguity. They were strangers, nothing more.

Despite that, what he said struck her. Stronger opponents were on the way. And in battling them, she could prove her strength, to herself and to everyone else.

To think that this insect thought she was so simple minded, so basic that such a guarantee would coerce her from falling into her lover's embrace. The fool.

"Hmph. I've heard no such things about stronger people coming to this world. Even still, why should I care what happens to this world?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Incredible Member

The voice that called out to Parsley was a familiar one, even if she would never pick out the face that it belonged to out of a crowd. The human healer had helped her out countless times, not the least of which being the most recent time when he helped the Chromakai save her life. She owed him one for that one, even if she would never voice it or allow him to think so.

More than his voicing opposition to her leaving was the state in which he did it. Tears streaming down his face, voice warbled. Surely he wasn't that broken up over her leaving. There was nothing in their brief moments of interaction that left any ambiguity. They were strangers, nothing more.

Despite that, what he said struck her. Stronger opponents were on the way. And in battling them, she could prove her strength, to herself and to everyone else.

To think that this insect thought she was so simple minded, so basic that such a guarantee would coerce her from falling into her lover's embrace. The fool.

"Hmph. I've heard no such things about stronger people coming to this world. Even still, why should I care what happens to this world?"
    This was hardly the right time to speak up like this. Even as he confronted her, received Parsley's response, Chuan had to have realized that this was a completely boneheaded move.

Oh, he knew. He knew going in, he dreaded it down to his core, but he figured that there wasn't much he could lose. He could die, yes. But wasn't that true since that ticket fell into his hands?

"Not for this world, Parsley. For all of them, and then some. I know this, because... Well, it's been a rough time. We've gone from fighting raiders, to world famous champions, all the way up to genocidal aliens and gods! Every time we as a group move, we end up taking on things that we have no business facing and win. But can that always be the case? Can we always win when we keep on facing enemies worse than the ones who've come before? That's where you come in. You might not care for Earth, but there's something greater than this. I think... No, I know there's something more important to you. Something that'd pull you away from fights that would make any hotblooded Saiyan tremble in excitement!"

This was where Doc's simple aphorisms came into play. Everybody's got motives, right? It might have been a crude sort of framework, but from what he had seen, the two highest motivations for Saiyans were fighting and... The other kind of combat. So, if she wasn't choosing to do the former, it seemed that she was going back to somebody who was filling in the latter for her. Breathing in slowly, his lip trembled as he worked out the last part. If this failed, he'd have to do the even more stupid thing, and he really didn't want to go that route.

"You can return to your lover in glory or in shame. Simple as that. Jagam's just the first step, and Parsley the Ultra Elite's not going to leave things undone, is she?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With a flash, a clash, and a tumble, the world jerks away. In that space that exists between universes, a great eye turns towards Ishtar briefly before the world rights itself once more.

They find themselves laying flat on the ground in....the Wastes. The sun is brighter, the sky less dark, and a brief check of powerlveles confirms that, yes, this is Earth once more.

They were home.

Wilhelm gets up and checks the cryp-tube, sighing in relief as he sees everything is fine.
    Ishtar's spell was a lot more abrupt than Jagam's curse had been. Where the Saiyan-hybrid had made the transition between one universe and the next almost unnoticeable until the sky changed colors, there was an actual sense of movement and action in what enveloped the group gathered here. The dead Earth of Universe 18 grew small beneath their feet till it was but a pinprick as they tumbled through the ether, and then reality itself parted for them. And in the space between universes...an eye. They had caught the attention of something very large.

Before anything could happen to them, however, they were back in Universe 15, on their backs. All of them, Wilhelm and frozen-princess included.

"I see you put your own spin on the spell, Ishtar." Asha'rah commented, her wit dry.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-29-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    This was hardly the right time to speak up like this. Even as he confronted her, received Parsley's response, Chuan had to have realized that this was a completely boneheaded move.

Oh, he knew. He knew going in, he dreaded it down to his core, but he figured that there wasn't much he could lose. He could die, yes. But wasn't that true since that ticket fell into his hands?

"Not for this world, Parsley. For all of them, and then some. I know this, because... Well, it's been a rough time. We've gone from fighting raiders, to world famous champions, all the way up to genocidal aliens and gods! Every time we as a group move, we end up taking on things that we have no business facing and win. But can that always be the case? Can we always win when we keep on facing enemies worse than the ones who've come before? That's where you come in. You might not care for Earth, but there's something greater than this. I think... No, I know there's something more important to you. Something that'd pull you away from fights that would make any hotblooded Saiyan tremble in excitement!"

This was where Doc's simple aphorisms came into play. Everybody's got motives, right? It might have been a crude sort of framework, but from what he had seen, the two highest motivations for Saiyans were fighting and... The other kind of combat. So, if she wasn't choosing to do the former, it seemed that she was going back to somebody who was filling in the latter for her. Breathing in slowly, his lip trembled as he worked out the last part. If this failed, he'd have to do the even more stupid thing, and he really didn't want to go that route.

"You can return to your lover in glory or in shame. Simple as that. Jagam's just the first step, and Parsley the Ultra Elite's not going to leave things undone, is she?"
    His attempts to convince her to stay were as transparent as they were futile. While all the worlds in the universe -- an overexaggeration if she had never heard one -- being in mortal danger was a concern, as that meant her own world was, as well. Also, the prospect of fighting even more gods, possible still alive and in possession of even more power than the one some faced on the dead world was appealing.

Very appealing, in fact.

The chance to fight gods and ultra powerful beings was not one she could not possibly pass up.

"Admit it. You only want me around because your uses are limited and you're far too weak to be of any worth in battle as anything other than a healer." She sneered at him, then laughed softly. "Fine. The prospect of fighting gods is too much for even someone like me to pass up. I'll stay until the moment our enemies have been killed and not a second longer. Is that understood?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Once it seemed that Parsley changed her mind about leaving -- not surprising, considering the avenue Chuan took, one that had Sarada seriously questioning leaving as well -- she walked away. There was something important she needed to take care of.

The night before Jagam arrived, she intended on finding Jack and kicking him in the face. She got sidetracked; by the time she was done, it was too late and she needed to rest for the battle the next day. Or, at least that was what she told herself. The truth was she avoided him. She didn't know what to say to him. How should one greet someone they care about, but weren't romantically involved with? How should she go about approaching him knowing she tore his heart out and pushed him to the decision to end his life in exchange for hers?

A simple 'Welcome back' didn't seem good enough. Neither did berating him for dying. It was obvious their relationship had become strained. Opportunities to speak to him were plentiful on Terra, yet she let every one of them slip by. Now, she was planning on heading back to Vocado for... months? years? the rest of her life, maybe? If she never saw Jack again, she needed to say something to him.

With that in mind, she swallowed nervously and approached. She breathed in and held her head high. "Hey, Earthman!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks at Megan , Dash , Cyanna and the others saying " everyone this is my pet Vog Aoszer ." " he's a Ovizao an very popular breed among my race." " you could say he's akin to a earth dog in behavior. " " the pervy old man that's ogling that giant woman is my sensei Khan."

Khan replies to this saying " come on Praxat that's not a nice thing to say about you're sensei." Aoszer rolls on his back showing all of his ten legs and Praxat rubs his tummy saying " yeah he just loves his tummy rubs." " now who's a good boy , yes your a good boy." " Aoszer's a good boy."

Praxat stops and then looks at the giant woman saying " hmm haven't seen you here before?" Khan who is ogling the giant woman thinks to himself ( okay Khan you got this you just have to make the first move.) Khan points directly at the giant woman saying " hey beautiful tall stranger. " " then any one tell you that your beauty is out of this world."

" looking at you a feel I'm on a stair way to heaven." " so how about this old man show you a good time." " I know a wonderful place that has beautiful scenery ." ( yes this old man's still got it.)

Praxat skin turns blue as she thinks to herself saying ( ugh my sensei and his corny pick up lines.) then looks at her master saying " hey are you even here." Khan replies to this saying " well I just follow you I had nothing better to do." " Praxat replies to this saying " no I mean how did you get here?"

Khan replies to this with a smile on his face saying " well I flew same as you." Praxat response to this saying " wait you mean to tell me you know how to fly?" Khan replies to this saying " of course, but you never bother to ask me ." " well I think I better be going now the latest issue of Statuesque Stunner Magazine show be arrived at my place soon. "

" I can't wait to check out the latest issue." Khan flies off back to his place.
    Praxat looks at Kai saying " so can my pet Aoszer here stay at the lookout ?" " I need some one to watch him and my master doesn't seem to be reliable." " he's quite friendly despite have a mouth fill with razor sharp fangs. " " also I'm just going to put this out Aoszer is not a insect type alien."

"my pet Aoszer is more akin to Myriapoda which is what one would classified a millipede and centipede as." Aoszer just looks at everyone him and pats showing his rows and rows of razor sharp teeth. with a face that makes a bull dog pretty in comparison. yet there's something strangely adorable and endearing about Aoszer.

out in space Princess Qaztoh is having a talk with the Galactic police saying " well it's about time you bastards let me go." " seriously who do you bastards think you are keeping me contain like this." " now if you excuse I'm going to head for earth now." Princess Qaztoh heads to arrive and soon arrives in it's orbit saying " so that's Earth huh doesn't look all that impressive to me."

"the lowers her ship into the atmosphere and starts looking around saying " hmm this is a strange planet." " the life forms here look odd." " hmm those odd creatures with the two legs they must be the sentient race on this planet." " hmm the technology on this planet seems to be quite primitive."

once Qaztoh lands she gets out of the ship and stores it inside a Jobox saying " okay time to explore this odd planet." Qaztoh makes her way to a city and reads a sign that saying " hmm Capital City huh." starts walking around and spots a TV showing sports and her skin turns a shade of red as she says" so this is what the people on this planet do for entertainment how barbaric." " the people of this planet are primitive savages."

" I have never seen such filthy ." Qaztoh eyes a person saying " hey take a picture you F##$#King primitive it last longer." Qaztoh looks around saying " sheesh these buildings are weird. " Qaztoh looks at the vehicles driving on the road as she walks on side walk saying " sheesh so is this what the people of this planet use for transportation?"

" how primitive." "nothing but worthless piles of scarp metal." Princess Princess Qaztoh just goes around observing while occasionally mouthing off to anyone who she thinks isn't important. Degrading people who she views as flithy savages , and mouthing off to local police.

Of course a news boardcast is recording all of this. not only is Qazoth recording swearing in English, but several other Alien languages include her native tongue. which of course to the news boardcast comes across as a bunch of werid croaking sounds.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

His attempts to convince her to stay were as transparent as they were futile. While all the worlds in the universe -- an overexaggeration if she had never heard one -- being in mortal danger was a concern, as that meant her own world was, as well. Also, the prospect of fighting even more gods, possible still alive and in possession of even more power than the one some faced on the dead world was appealing.

Very appealing, in fact.

The chance to fight gods and ultra powerful beings was not one she could not possibly pass up.

"Admit it. You only want me around because your uses are limited and you're far too weak to be of any worth in battle as anything other than a healer." She sneered at him, then laughed softly. "Fine. The prospect of fighting gods is too much for even someone like me to pass up. I'll stay until the moment our enemies have been killed and not a second longer. Is that understood?"
    Chuan let out a sigh of relief. He really was too easy to read, but he supposed it didn't matter as long as he got results. Anything but plagiarism, as Doc would say. Wiping his face off, he nodded slowly and lowered his head.

"Fine, I will. I'm the weak one, you're stronger than two of me combined, and I want you to stick around because I can't pull my weight." He didn't look all that broken up about it, just uncomfortable at the situation. At least he managed to get that concession. "Yeah, I understand. I won't try to talk you into staying past that."

The healer paused, then gave a quick bow. "Thank you, Parsley. I owe you a great deal for your aid." That part was much more genuine, at least.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eva draws Sasheem away, and when they are alone, she tell him the following:

If he continues as is, Ishtar will kill him. If he wants to become a true candidate for GoD, he has to play along. She’s seen a potential future where he has that possibility, but only a few.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

To any approaching Capital City, heading to Capsule Corp, the place is quiet. Jinzi’s power level, this close, is easy to find located in one of the work shops in the building proper instead of in the Geo Front below.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ishtar's blood magic ritual went well. Nevanlinna was, of course, on standby to lend any assistance, but it proved unnecessary. It was a shame that she had to rely on an outsider for this, but this was merely a matter of... expediency. With her genius, she was more than capable of figuring out the gate spell, with time, but since Ishtar had somehow learned it... why not make use of her?

Finally, the spell completed...

...and mid-transport, an overwhelming feeling of dread fills her. Like some great force was displeased... angered. At her. She felt herself jerked away from the others, though perhaps it was merely her imagination playing tricks on her. It was Ishtar's first time, so some... oddities were to be expected. She'd likely appear some distance away from the others, but otherwise fine.

Finally, she arrived at her destination, dropping onto the ground unceremoniously, as if tossed by another. She propped herself up, shaking her head to clear the... weird feeling from the spell. Odd, she didn't feel a breeze or hear any of the sounds of nature, so perhaps she had arrived inside? Judging from what she'd landed on, that was indeed the case. Curious, this floor looked... familiar.

...wait, it couldn't be.

Her head shot up and her gaze met... her mother's.

Oh. Fuck. She'd... returned home, after all she'd done. No no no no no no no no. She couldn't even utter a single word to her mother, instead staring at her in a completely dumbfounded way as her mind raced to salvage this situation.
    Only her eyes are visible, the darkness of the throne room casting the women on the throne in shadow.

“Neva. I see you have...returned. It is impolite to not bow.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack nodded.

Back on Earth then.

"So...is everything settled then? No big horrors or terrors to fight?" Jack asked Evangeline. Despite himself, Jack was hoping that the answer was no. If there was no threat coming down the tube towards him, then what exactly would he do?
    “Not at the moment. And you’ve been gone only two hours.” Slak says, walking up.

“Apologies for missing the action.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "According to Zurvan, it has been a part of me as long as I have been alive ... a thing I have confirmed at least, on several occasions." Ishtar said, in response to Shek'hinah. "Whether or not Sarada is too young however ... I do not care. We intend to sire offspring, her and I, and I would wish for no other in this."

When Shek'hinah then pulled Sarada -- and Ishtar herself -- into a smothering embrace, the Oni couldn't help but chuckle.

"It will take some time, I am sure ... getting used to this new ... arrangement, and yet in some respects it is a small weight off of my shoulders. Thank you, mother."

Ishtar raised her eyebrow at this, yet remained silent for a time to check the ambient Ki signatures.

"I ... do not know. She was, like you all, written into the first layer of blood ... she should be here." The glowing-horned Oni replied. "Yet ... in checking she is not on Earth, no she is on ... a planet some light years away ... certainly not my doing ..."
    Shek'hinah pulls back and touches Ishtar’s cheek, smiling gently.

“Mother. What a lovely word.”

With a gesture Nunlil and Ereshkigal are also brought in, Eresh climbing up Ishtar and hugging her close.

Family, United. It is a feeling Ishtar....could get used to.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM