Page 313 of 782 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley walked into the kitchen and thankfully found it empty. While she was hungry, she held off eating something so she could take care of something first. She tapped her wrist and brought up a holographic menu, from which she pulled up a video call screen. As the call started to patch through, her heart started to beat a little faster. She had talked to Avoca so many times before, and yet it never failed to make her stomach flutter. How irritating.

Seconds ticked by one by one until, finally, a face popped up on her screen. "You're still alive," Avoca greeted, a small smile quirked on her lips.

Seeing the woman she had been sharing a bed with for the last few months made Parsley's breath catch in her throat for some odd reason. It wasn't like she hadn't seen her in a long time; it had only been a few days since they had been gone. Her body's reaction was completely nonsensical. "Yes, I am. Jagam was defeated a few hours ago."

The way her eyes lit up when the fantastic news hit her was just... a completely normal way for a happy person to look. There was nothing special about it. "Thank Hanuman! It's finally over."

"Who?"

"Oh, just some old guy I've been reading up on. Apparently our ancestors worshiped him as a god or something." She shrugged, then leaned over. In doing so, Parsley caught a good look of her modest cleavage held within her low-cut top. Which was just fine. "So, how badly did you kick his ass?"

The truth was she did some things, then got her throat slit. She decided to leave that last part out. "I got quite a few good hits in. I reflected a moon beam and helped sister and Tasure's mutt kill him for good. The bastard wouldn't die, though. He kept casting magic on himself like a coward." She rolled her eyes. "Evidently, Sarada wants to learn that garbage."

Avoca chuckled. "Hehee. Does she plan on pulling a rabbit out of her ass or something?"

"Evidently so. Or perhaps heal herself. Either way, I want no part of it."

"Good. So, when can I expect you? I'm on Ruco, by the way."

It sounded suggestive; and it was one that Parsley desperately wanted to take her up on. Ruco was such a beautiful place, and spending it with such a beautiful woman seemed like just the thing she needed at the moment. However, she just knew that the Rucoans would run her off the moment she stepped foot on the planet. Unless I wear a disguise. But, who am I to hide who I am? "I'd love to, but I'm probably not welcome there."

Avoca frowned, then shrugged. "Yeah, you're right. We'll just have to find somewhere else. Or, I can come there?" A beat passed, then she added, "Oh! Maybe Sarada can pull some strings. Since you helped kill Jagam, that has to be some points in your favor, right?"

Sarada did just say she'd make sure everyone knew that she helped. While that wouldn't change anyone's minds about her viewpoints, it would maybe -- with hope -- keep them from running her off like a leper. "It's worth a shot. She said she'd let everyone know what I did today, so I can only imagine she will keep her word." With that settled, she decided to see how her lover had been doing. "So, how are things on Ruco?"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah..." she shifted slightly, "well, sure, ah mean, maybe? Ah've been training near my whole life, Cya has only been training for a year or so and she's already nearly as strong as I am. Her and Meagan are gonna leave me in the dust, an I refuse to be the one left behind. Ah gotta do something. You're one of the strongest of the gang, figure you'd have some idea how I could get stronger too."
    "...Sasheem...supposes he does but," Sasheem leaned his head to one side. "He doesn't know the first thing about teaching anyone anything except how to cower in fear...and he also killed his only sensei for...." Sasheem scratched his chin, pondering for a moment. "For....hmm. Guess it was no reason, really," he stated, an odd look on his face before his attention turned back to Dash. "Either way, Sasheem's point is he'a not sure he has a good handle on this sorta thing. He supposes he can try, though."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "...Sasheem...supposes he does but," Sasheem leaned his head to one side. "He doesn't know the first thing about teaching anyone anything except how to cower in fear...and he also killed his only sensei for...." Sasheem scratched his chin, pondering for a moment. "For....hmm. Guess it was no reason, really," he stated, an odd look on his face before his attention turned back to Dash. "Either way, Sasheem's point is he'a not sure he has a good handle on this sorta thing. He supposes he can try, though."
    "An if it work out, maybe I can help you with keeping your promise to Lady Eva. Just don't go an kill me, an I won't kill you either."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Clouds parted as a misted veil, and as the Lookout fell behind Ochazuke he was greeted by the rushing length of the ocean where it stretched across the horizon. Even from this height he could pick up the distant salt spray, the clarity of its surface at once absorbing, reflecting, refracting; as much a mirror to heaven in its length as it was the silent road to unspoken fathoms below. He breathed deep and closed his eyes, and spread the length of his meditation field as he flew along. The Subtle Sense pressed through the surface and ran along its seemingly endless length. On one shore it lapped silently, carrying with it the sleeping seeds from distant shores to a new life even as it crashed and broke rock under its weight elsewhere. Running silently between the roots of mangroves to the silent roll of mudded waves, only to rise and still to raise the height of ancient glaciers standing defiant against the winds.

And between it all there, the idle turns and stirrings of life were to the length of his ki sense a subtle harmony he'd never heard louder since departing the dead space of Terra. The familiar form shown in the stilled history of the planet was a course all too near to his mind ever since that silent Eye fell to their course along the Blooded path; and so his idyllic smile broke as he hardened his sight.

Though many would fall upon this world and resolve themselves to make it a Grave, the only Cairn that will be raised will be by our own hand.

Their Guardian acted, assured in her vision and quiet faith that this world would last should it follow her golden path. Yet the lone survivors of Terra, they who sustained on ash as they hid in fear, could but linger under the shadow of the mighty whose voices carried on in the rotted air as a vain, spiteful echo. The only thing left to Wilhem was stored in a silent memory.

Across the horizon Ochazuke spotted the continental shoreline, and his meditation field broke from the quiet symphony of nature as it entered the metropolitan bustle of humanity, connected and sustained by the very same waters.

What did it mean to possess strength? By the invisible divisions placed between the peoples on this sphere, the fearful symmetry he saw in Terra only steeled his resolve to ensure the Earth would not share her fate. To that end, there was much to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    To any approaching Capital City, heading to Capsule Corp, the place is quiet. JinziÂ’s power level, this close, is easy to find located in one of the work shops in the building proper instead of in the Geo Front below.
    For the moment, he concerned himself with securing something for Wilhelm and his ward, and as ever there was only one man who might loan their band his attention.

How long had it been? A year? More? As he moved towards Capsule Corp and silently hailed Jinzi's comm frequency, the length of time suddenly struck him, and Ochazuke became aware of a length of duty he still had yet to perform.

He supposed she would soon understand, but as he moved closer to Capsule Corp he spied a glance toward the penitentiary, scanning for that silent burning strength in the heart of Kenshiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    His attempts to convince her to stay were as transparent as they were futile. While all the worlds in the universe -- an overexaggeration if she had never heard one -- being in mortal danger was a concern, as that meant her own world was, as well. Also, the prospect of fighting even more gods, possible still alive and in possession of even more power than the one some faced on the dead world was appealing.

Very appealing, in fact.

The chance to fight gods and ultra powerful beings was not one she could not possibly pass up.

"Admit it. You only want me around because your uses are limited and you're far too weak to be of any worth in battle as anything other than a healer." She sneered at him, then laughed softly. "Fine. The prospect of fighting gods is too much for even someone like me to pass up. I'll stay until the moment our enemies have been killed and not a second longer. Is that understood?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Chuan let out a sigh of relief. He really was too easy to read, but he supposed it didn't matter as long as he got results. Anything but plagiarism, as Doc would say. Wiping his face off, he nodded slowly and lowered his head.

"Fine, I will. I'm the weak one, you're stronger than two of me combined, and I want you to stick around because I can't pull my weight." He didn't look all that broken up about it, just uncomfortable at the situation. At least he managed to get that concession. "Yeah, I understand. I won't try to talk you into staying past that."

The healer paused, then gave a quick bow. "Thank you, Parsley. I owe you a great deal for your aid." That part was much more genuine, at least.
    Emerging from the Lookout's center, Zaofan comes across the two. "Chuan! Parsley!"

He goes to a light jaunt over to their side, waving hello. "Ah! You know, it's good to see friends together, old and new alike. Parsley, have I ever told you that Chuan is one of the first of this crew I ever met? I owe him my life, several times over! A skilled fighter, and an even better healer! But a great fighter nonetheless, even if he doesn't like to admit it!" Zaofan kindly slaps Chuan on the back. "Hell, we even met *in* battle! Side by side! The traveler and the doctor! Oh, good times."

"Anyway, I'm on my way to fix up some food for Wilheim after that journey. When you've gone through what he has, what with all that death and warfare, any luxury you can get your hands on is a necessity for your well-being! But one thing..."

Zaofan produces the last of the Ensenji fruit, the fruit enjoyed by Sarada, Jack, and Ishtar (twice, even!). "Before Ochazuke took off, he told me to give this to you. I don't know what it does, but considering what you've done to get us back and who it came from, I'd say you should eat it. 'Physician! Heal thyself!'"

"As for you, Parsley, I suppose I have something of the opposite -- I'd love to spar with you one day. A battle-hardened, practical warrior like yourself? The honor would be mine. If you would be up for it!"

"Wellp, before we do, I should get back to helping Wilheim." And with that, Zaofan bows with a smile to Chuan and Parsley, on his way back inside.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-30-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A self-satisfied smirk appeared the moment the admission of weakness was made. "Good to hear we're on the same page." With a final nod, she closed her pod and walked away.
    There was no end to the healer's bemusement at the Saiyan's behaviour, though he accepted his loss. He inclines his head quietly, trying not to say anything at this stage. Letting her have the last word would be more for his position than any comeback could.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Emerging from the Lookout's center, Zaofan comes across the two. "Chuan! Parsley!"

He goes to a light jaunt over to their side, waving hello. "Ah! You know, it's good to see friends together, old and new alike. Parsley, have I ever told you that Chuan is one of the first of this crew I ever met? I owe him my life, several times over! A skilled fighter, and an even better healer! But a great fighter nonetheless, even if he doesn't like to admit it!" Zaofan kindly slaps Chuan on the back. "Hell, we even met *in* battle! Side by side! The traveler and the doctor! Oh, good times."

"Anyway, I'm on my way to fix up some food for Wilheim after that journey. When you've gone through what he has, what with all that death and warfare, any luxury you can get your hands on is a necessity for your well-being! But one thing..."

Zaofan produces the last of the fruit. "Before Ochazuke took off, he told me to give this to you. Considering its properties and what you've done to get us back, I'd say you should eat it. 'Physician! Heal thyself!'"

"As for you, Parsley, I suppose I have something of the opposite -- I'd love to spar with you one day. A battle-hardened, practical warrior like yourself? The honor would be mine. If you would be up for it!"

"Wellp, before we do, I should get back to helping Wilheim." And with that, Zaofan bows with a smile to Chuan and Parsley, on his way back inside.
    "Oh, please. You flatter me." As much as Chuan wanted to take a more dry tone of voice, he found himself smiling despite his encounter with Parsley. Compliments were exceedingly rare these days, and he always did have a weakness to them. "I helped out as much as I could, but you and Held carried it. Well, you two and Chou. Man, I miss that guy."

He chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his head as he recalled the times they spent together. Yeah, despite all the fear and loathing, he couldn't quite say that he'd refuse to go through with this a second time. He supposed the regrets that had built up within him hadn't quite overturned the joy and amazement he had felt through this long journey. After that thought, the gift he received was possibly one of the best things to follow up with!

"Is that... Whoa, no way! I thought they had all been eaten already!" He held the fruit with both hands, bowing gratefully to Zaofan as he received this wonderful present. "I... Tell Ochazuke I said thanks. As much as I want to deliver those words in person, I have a feeling I'm still too half-baked to say more than a few empty words to him."

Chuan understood that he was still incomplete. All he had learned was fighting and healing, not philosophy. On the other hand, he'd classify Ocha as a complete package, one who wielded mind and body with equal prowess. Sure, all of them were continuing their growth. It was just the case that some were closer to perfection, given that they were able to maintain that proper balance. Zaofan was the bridge between them, one sturdy enough for him to rely on. For the time being, he'd maintain a respectful distance until he could engage Ochazuke as a peer instead of a stumbling amateur.

"And thank you too, Zaofan. Without you... I don't know where we'd be. This bite's for you, buddy." Chuan made quick work of the energy fruit, sighing in relief once it was done. "Well, add another to the list of 'I don't know'. I don't know why it tastes like that, but I guess it'll do wonders for my body. Enough about me, though. You do you! And have fun working with Wilhelm, alright?"

He thumped his old friend on the shoulder one last time before they parted. Maybe the future wouldn't be as weird and bleak as he thought it was. After all, it didn't seem like each parting would be the last.

"An if it work out, maybe I can help you with keeping your promise to Lady Eva. Just don't go an kill me, an I won't kill you either."
    "Uh, okay. When do we start?" Sasheem asked.

"Uh, okay. When do we start?" Sasheem asked.
    "Ah, now? Anytime your ready."

"Ah, now? Anytime your ready."
    "Okay..." Sasheem nodded. "And while Sasheem's at it, he could start thinking about how to master THAT technique..." he thought to himself. Turning to Dash, he spoke aloud again. "Okay, first thing's first, we're gonna train your quick thinking, speed, and efficiency. ....How much cash you got on you?" Sasheem asked.

"Okay..." Sasheem nodded. "And while Sasheem's at it, he could start thinking about how to master THAT technique..." he thought to himself. Turning to Dash, he spoke aloud again. "Okay, first thing's first, we're gonna train your quick thinking, speed, and efficiency. ....How much cash you got on you?" Sasheem asked.
    Dash reached into a pocket and pulled out one coin, "Ah spent most of my allowance on this armored fighting outfit. Do ah need to pay for lessons?"

Dash reached into a pocket and pulled out one coin, "Ah spent most of my allowance on this armored fighting outfit. Do ah need to pay for lessons?"
    Sasheem looked at the coin disdainfully, before shaking his head, "No, no! Just..." the Majin shook his head. Surprisingly, Sasheem reached into his own pocket and drew out a wad of cash. "Don't ask where Sasheem got it, but it's not like he needs it...anyway, there's this diner down there..." Sasheem spoke as he drew a long list of paper from his other pocket. "Sasheem went to it a long time ago. He meant to go to it when he first returned to Earth, but Jagam arrived early. IT's run by this crusty sailor looking jabroni. Food's good though so Sasheem had a list compiled of what he wanted," Sasheem stated, handing Dash the list, full of various foods, at least forty different dishes.

"Your first assignment is to get as many of the items on this list as you can within two hours," Sasheem stated. "It's to test your....speed and....efficiency," he eventually decided. "I'll be waiting on the Lookout."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Aoszer does a strange oinking sound. Praxat look at Cyanna saying " yeah he was stay with my master Khan at his place, but my master said he chew though his fence to look for me." " when I came to this planet my pet hitch a ride in my ship." " I been to my Master's place before and his fence is made out of solid steel." " so think my pet should stay here at the lookout. "

" oh and I'm deeply sorry for my master's behavior and he's corny pick up lines ." " it's kind of embarrassing being around him when there's a tall woman presence." " honestly he's a good person just has a thing for tall woman." " I just hope that giant woman over there was offend by him."

OT: Praxat Master Khan is a lot more restrain than Master Roshi who doesn't exit in this universe is. yeah he's dirty old man but not to the point were it crosses the line.

Praxat Looks at Cyanna saying "yeah he Aoszer is adorable. " " I better check on Jinzi to see if he made me that communication device yet. " Praxat then speaks to the giant woman saying " hi my name is Praxat I'm a Toadian from the planet Qacriea." I'm sorry if my Master Khan who was here earlier offend you."

" he gets kind of braindead when he's around a tall woman." meanwhile on the news those a report of a frog alien woman be arrest for attempt to steal vehicle in Capital City . in Capital City Qaztoh is in handcuffs her skin turns red as she looks at local police saying " Dumbass savages I did nothing wrong." " I was only borrowing that piece of junk."

Qaztoh just keeps mouthing off to the local police and swearing with out have anything nice to say to them.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Sasheem looked at the coin disdainfully, before shaking his head, "No, no! Just..." the Majin shook his head. Surprisingly, Sasheem reached into his own pocket and drew out a wad of cash. "Don't ask where Sasheem got it, but it's not like he needs it...anyway, there's this diner down there..." Sasheem spoke as he drew a long list of paper from his other pocket. "Sasheem went to it a long time ago. He meant to go to it when he first returned to Earth, but Jagam arrived early. IT's run by this crusty sailor looking jabroni. Food's good though so Sasheem had a list compiled of what he wanted," Sasheem stated, handing Dash the list, full of various foods, at least forty different dishes.

"Your first assignment is to get as many of the items on this list as you can within two hours," Sasheem stated. "It's to test your....speed and....efficiency," he eventually decided. "I'll be waiting on the Lookout."
    "Oh.." Dash smiled as she took the list and the money, "Be right back." With that she raced up the stairs and flew out the doorway in a blur of speed.

The diner was not so hard to find, and she landed there within minutes of leaving the Lookout. Walking into the establishment, she called out, "Hello, sir!" She then placed the list on the counter, "Ah got a mess of world saving warriors, literately starving for your food."
    Last edited by Tami; 10-01-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi’s energy is coming from a workshop. He seems to be putting on the final touches to an odd looking suit of some sort.

He also seems oddly subdued and doesn’t answer Meagan’s call.
    Entering the workshop, she calls to him again, "Jinzi? Are you alright? It's me, Meagan."
    Moving in closer, "Jinzi? Whats' going on? Talk to me, you're making me worried."

Praxat heads off to check on Jinzi saying " okay I'm off you all take care of Aoszer for me ." " here are some guidelines." " one no matter how much he begs don't feed Aoszer after midnight." " two do not feed a him Carob."

"Carbo contains a chemical that is similar to a chemical that is toxic to vog." " feed him chocolate is okay though. " three when clean up after him always have a gas mask ready." " I'm not joking about this."

"Vog waste smells bad really , really , really bad." " imagine a pile of rotten corpses on top of a pile of garbage cover in pile of rotten eggs ." " that's what Vog waste smells like but much worse." " four never hit a vog ."

" not only is hitting a vog cruel but it would just trigger their self defense mechanism." "which is well Vogs expelled a explosive extremely hot, noxious spray toxic chemicals from their bodies as a defense mechanism. "

Praxat flies off to check on Jinzi. Praxat arrives in Capital City and hears the news in which anchor man says " this just in giant walking frog alien woman with golden skin and white spots has been arrested for grand theft auto. " " source claims that this frog alien woman states she did nothing wrong. " " local police have comment that there's seems to be branded symbol ."

" suggest that she might be part of a gang. Praxat listens to this saying " oh boy so Princess Qaztoh is already here and has gotten into trouble with the law." " well can't bail her out ." " since I don't have any money on me."

" I'll go tell Jinzi the situation maybe he has enough money to bail her out."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-01-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.