Page 319 of 782 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Thank the Goddess...there is a strange magic, like a vine, inside him, in his brain." Meagan looked and sounded like she could barely control her panic, "I didn't know what else to do. If I tried to alter it, I might kill him."
    "Undoubtedly that Threshling woman, Anula. Hm, how bothersome ..." Ishtar muttered quietly, before shaking her head. "At the least we will see what can be done."

Approaching Jinzi, then, the Oni reached out and attempted to find the source of the magical vine, and from there discern what could be done.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    An Arcosian? In the Galaxy Police? What fresh hell...

Sarada supposed she had heard stranger, but not by much. This man's kind was known the universe over for their imperialistic mindset, their thirst for conquest, and deception and betrayal. Being an officer of the law didn't do much to assuage her mistrust.

"That's Queen Sarada to you. And we did, but she... left I suppose."

They wanted to examine and observe Earth to see if it was eligible for occupation. That wasn't her prerogative so she just nodded. "I see. The folks to talk to are down there."
    "..Of course. My apologies, your majesty," Blizzar bowed cordially. "The reports did indeed inform me that the monarch of the Saiyans was a frequent collaborator with the so-called Defenders of Earth. I was...simply unaware that you were a child."

With that, Blizzar turned his attention towards Evangeline and Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wilhelm is fast asleep in Chou’s old room, a peaceful smile on his face thanks to Zaofan.

Meanwhile, Kai and Eva walk over to the Arcosian.

“I am Evangeline and this is Kai, we are Earth’s Guardians.”
    "Ah, a pleasure to meet the both of you," Blizzar nodded. "As I've stated before, I am lieutenant Blizzar of the Galaxy Police...." he turned to look at Evangeline. "And you..." he pointed to her. "Are alive. This is good news. Our last reports suggested otherwise. Officer P-Sta had informed us about the disappearance of the Guardians of various planets, so we had feared the worst. I suppose this is the doing of those Namekian wishing orbs that Earth houses?" the Arcosian inquired.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan's face turns to alarm upon Dash's entrance. He then turns back to Khan. "Alright. I don't know half of the things you just said, but your story checks out... Um, Khan."

Not forgetting his manners, even in the middle of a crisis, Zaofan does the proper thing when meeting a master and mentor, and quickly bows, fist in hand.

"We need to fetch Etrina. Khan, can you bring us to her? Dash, stay close!"
    "Guuur...Damn it." A muffled cuss came moments before Erosa slid out of her Zaofan stalking spot. "I swear the emergencies can't slack off for long enough to get a proper meal around here." The Id wiped the drool from her chin, having obviously been looking forward to Zaofan finishing his cooking. "Sister heard the message, shes getting ready too. C'mon...lets go deal with this so we can get back to cookin."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The magic in Jinzi is clearly Anula’s, and it seems to be feeding on Jinzi’s mind and creativity. Whatever it takes it transmits to the caster. Essentially Anula is downloading his mind and creativity.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Slak quirks a brow.

“I’m sure he’ll be amenable.”
    "I hope so...." Held replied with a sigh, rubbing his forehead, "I've been trying to repair the black box to get some information on how my old ship got slagged so hard."

To think, all this could have been solved if I had decided to read a book instead...

"I guess I shouldn't complain, since I made it out in one piece, but the lack of information is causing...."

Held fumbled for the word. Rumors were growing, spreading, whirling around the Nevadian, and he could feel the walls closing in. Whatever had caused the destruction--or who, perhaps--had eluded the Nevadian entirely, the whole planet ash floating through space, it's inhabitants distant memories, the Nevadian the only thing to survive in the general vicinity.

He couldn't blame the Galaxy Police for being somewhat suspicious.

"Problems."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "..Of course. My apologies, your majesty," Blizzar bowed cordially. "The reports did indeed inform me that the monarch of the Saiyans was a frequent collaborator with the so-called Defenders of Earth. I was...simply unaware that you were a child."

With that, Blizzar turned his attention towards Evangeline and Kai.

"Ah, a pleasure to meet the both of you," Blizzar nodded. "As I've stated before, I am lieutenant Blizzar of the Galaxy Police...." he turned to look at Evangeline. "And you..." he pointed to her. "Are alive. This is good news. Our last reports suggested otherwise. Officer P-Sta had informed us about the disappearance of the Guardians of various planets, so we had feared the worst. I suppose this is the doing of those Namekian wishing orbs that Earth houses?" the Arcosian inquired.
    “Indeed. An emergency measure. I am glad to see the GP has finally assigned an officer to this area.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The magic in Jinzi is clearly Anula’s, and it seems to be feeding on Jinzi’s mind and creativity. Whatever it takes it transmits to the caster. Essentially Anula is downloading his mind and creativity.
    Meagan's third eye was still active so she watched as Isthar tried to learn more about the magical affliction. As she watched, she ran through many scenarios, should she have tried to break the magic? Could she have tried to transmute it to something harmless? Or perhaps try to absorb it, to remove it somehow. In each scenerio, she saw the worst case and it made her sick to her stomach. Yet another emotion was gradually welling up within her, anger. Anula will pay for this, and if others are in league with her, they would pay as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“Indeed. An emergency measure. I am glad to see the GP has finally assigned an officer to this area.”
    "As am I," Blizzar nodded. "An assignment that would've gone to Officer P-Sta, if not for the unfortunate circumstances regarding his disappearance," the Arcosian sighed. "But, yes, several incidents involving Earth or individuals who have come to be associated with Earth, have prompted my superiors to realize that the Galaxy Police needs to take a more proactive stance in protecting the universe."

Blizzar began to pace back and forth in the air. "The Earth in particular is an area of great concern for us. Threats both magical and extraterrestrial seem almost drawn to this place. Threats that can threaten the Galaxy at large if left unchecked. Dangerous mystical artifacts, many of which not yet cataloged in Galactic Record, lay in wait for the next potential criminal to acquire and wreak havoc with..." Blizzar ceased in his pacing and shook his head.

"Simply put, this planet and all who visit it are something of a magnet for trouble. For the planet itself and the galaxy at large. Almost as if it's cursed," Blizzar stated with a slight chuckle, laughing at his own joke briefly before stifling himself. "Hrmph. My apologies," Blizzar coughed. "And once again, I must state how fortunate it is that you've returned to the land of the living, Evangeline, because...and it pains me to say this, but my superiors believe this planet's defenders may find themselves overwhelmed after a certain point."

"Therefore!" Blizzar clapped as the two square shaped drone's from his pod, flew forth and began to hover in front of Evangeline and Kai, emitting a holographic projection of a pair of blueprints. "We've considered Earth the first candidate to launch our new planetary defense system!"

Ishtar mutters a tired curse, before nodding.

Anula sought to siphon Jinzi’s insight for use by her people, clearly something that might prove her worth -- despite her physical weakness -- to the powers that be.

"This Witch is becoming a bother."

Meagan's third eye was still active so she watched as Isthar tried to learn more about the magical affliction. As she watched, she ran through many scenarios, should she have tried to break the magic? Could she have tried to transmute it to something harmless? Or perhaps try to absorb it, to remove it somehow. In each scenerio, she saw the worst case and it made her sick to her stomach. Yet another emotion was gradually welling up within her, anger. Anula will pay for this, and if others are in league with her, they would pay as well.
    "It is not as bad as you think, at least as it pertains to his well-being." Ishtar replied, after divining the nature of Anula's magic. "Simply a spell to siphon his knowledge, undoubtedly for use by the Threshling. A problem all its own."

For a moment, Ishtar wondered how easy it would be to simply shatter Reshlan ... though given what little Nevanlinna had offered, the Oni was yet aways from the strength necessary.

"Though one wonders ... I believe I have an idea that will prove at the least, amusing. I will need your help in this, however ... Ah, be right back." Stepping away from the two a few moments, the golden-eyed Oni quickly scours the facility for something in particular ...

OT: Cleric, any chance Jinzi has the plans for a Doomsday Weapon or two laying around that Ishtar can get her hands on ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Cyanna enters in search of the multi-legged dog in time to hear Zaofan, "What's going on?"

Khan Looks at Cyanna saying " ah you one of the people I saw earlier when first came here ." " well apparently there's a frog girl with a crown on her head wearing a golden Toga with a snobbish attuide that's at the Capital Police station badmouthing officers." Khan looks at Zaofan saying " well you can ask Praxat to confirm things, but this is the place where I last seen her." " as for the story of the frog girl at the Capital police station were I heard that from my next door neighbor who heard it from someone else."

" she told me it was over all the news ." " I can't really confirm what my neighbor said is true or not since I don't own a television, but I'll take your word on it." " she's a good woman and makes these fabulous pancakes." " anyways I think we better go to the police station to check things out."

"just to be sure that Praxat isn't the one being held there." " to think though out the time I had train her Praxat never ask me once if I knew how to fly."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Praxat finds Jinzi has finished some weird space suit off in the corner, but otherwise has just been standing around.
    Praxat looks at the space suit saying " hmm that's odd that looks like a space suit but why in the hell would Jinzi need a space suit for?" " Jinzi never mention anything to me about going into space when I was
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Cyanna enters in search of the multi-legged dog in time to hear Zaofan, "What's going on?"
    "Praxat's in danger. Possibly Meagan, too. In Capital City. We gotta go!"

Sasheem's concentration seemed to have moved onto the alien dog instead of Zaofan, staring at the beast disdainfully as he picked his ear-hole-things and flicked some wax onto the floor. Suddenly as Zaofan finished speaking, the Majin noted, "Oh, you're done? Guess the Greater Annihilator will see his way out then..." Sasheem stated about to leave, before coming to a sudden halt. "But Sasheem thinks he'll take his dinner to go..." The Majin turned around, to pick up one waffle platter along with another platter of fried giant fish and fries and then began to head out once more.

Sasheem stopped at the door and grimaced. "Human, if Sasheem had done anything to the frog, it'd involve a deep fryer," Sasheem commented before heading out the door, munching on fluffy waffles which brightened his mood up some.
    "Gah, we don't have time for this! I knew you were useless!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Guuur...Damn it." A muffled cuss came moments before Erosa slid out of her Zaofan stalking spot. "I swear the emergencies can't slack off for long enough to get a proper meal around here." The Id wiped the drool from her chin, having obviously been looking forward to Zaofan finishing his cooking. "Sister heard the message, shes getting ready too. C'mon...lets go deal with this so we can get back to cookin."
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Khan Looks at Cyanna saying " ah you one of the people I saw earlier when first came here ." " well apparently there's a frog girl with a crown on her head wearing a golden Toga with a snobbish attuide that's at the Capital Police station badmouthing officers." Khan looks at Zaofan saying " well you can ask Praxat to confirm things, but this is the place where I last seen her." " as for the story of the frog girl at the Capital police station were I heard that from my next door neighbor who heard it from someone else."

" she told me it was over all the news ." " I can't really confirm what my neighbor said is true or not since I don't own a television, but I'll take your word on it." " she's a good woman and makes these fabulous pancakes." " anyways I think we better go to the police station to check things out."

"just to be sure that Praxat isn't the one being held there." " to think though out the time I had train her Praxat never ask me once if I knew how to fly."
    Zaofan addresses the combined group of Khan, Dash, Cyanna, and Erosa. "Okay. Everyone, this is Khan. Khan, everyone. He's Praxat's mentor."

Assessing the group, he continues. "If Etrina's already aware, then we should head out. Come on!"

He rushes to the kitchen window, ready to blast off. "Khan, if you can't fly, I can carry you. But we need to go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar mutters a tired curse, before nodding.

Anula sought to siphon Jinzi’s insight for use by her people, clearly something that might prove her worth -- despite her physical weakness -- to the powers that be.

"This Witch is becoming a bother."

"It is not as bad as you think, at least as it pertains to his well-being." Ishtar replied, after divining the nature of Anula's magic. "Simply a spell to siphon his knowledge, undoubtedly for use by the Threshling. A problem all its own."

For a moment, Ishtar wondered how easy it would be to simply shatter Reshlan ... though given what little Nevanlinna had offered, the Oni was yet aways from the strength necessary.

"Though one wonders ... I believe I have an idea that will prove at the least, amusing. I will need your help in this, however ... Ah, be right back." Stepping away from the two a few moments, the golden-eyed Oni quickly scours the facility for something in particular ...

OT: Cleric, any chance Jinzi has the plans for a Doomsday Weapon or two laying around that Ishtar can get her hands on ?
    OT: Oh my, yes.

Pick your poison. He did mention to Meagan awhile ago he had a few.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"As am I," Blizzar nodded. "An assignment that would've gone to Officer P-Sta, if not for the unfortunate circumstances regarding his disappearance," the Arcosian sighed. "But, yes, several incidents involving Earth or individuals who have come to be associated with Earth, have prompted my superiors to realize that the Galaxy Police needs to take a more proactive stance in protecting the universe."

Blizzar began to pace back and forth in the air. "The Earth in particular is an area of great concern for us. Threats both magical and extraterrestrial seem almost drawn to this place. Threats that can threaten the Galaxy at large if left unchecked. Dangerous mystical artifacts, many of which not yet cataloged in Galactic Record, lay in wait for the next potential criminal to acquire and wreak havoc with..." Blizzar ceased in his pacing and shook his head.

"Simply put, this planet and all who visit it are something of a magnet for trouble. For the planet itself and the galaxy at large. Almost as if it's cursed," Blizzar stated with a slight chuckle, laughing at his own joke briefly before stifling himself. "Hrmph. My apologies," Blizzar coughed. "And once again, I must state how fortunate it is that you've returned to the land of the living, Evangeline, because...and it pains me to say this, but my superiors believe this planet's defenders may find themselves overwhelmed after a certain point."

"Therefore!" Blizzar clapped as the two square shaped drone's from his pod, flew forth and began to hover in front of Evangeline and Kai, emitting a holographic projection of a pair of blueprints. "We've considered Earth the first candidate to launch our new planetary defense system!"
    Eva and Kai look interested.

“Please, tell us more.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT: Oh my, yes.

Pick your poison. He did mention to Meagan awhile ago he had a few.
    Knowing well the kind of man Jinzi Pantaloons was, it didn't take long at all for Ishtar to find several intricate schematics for the type of devices she had in mind, and with those in hand, the glowing-horn Oni returned quickly to Meagan's side.

"The plan is, frankly, a simple one." The Oni explained. "Before we sever the connection, I am going to offer Anula the information she so desperately desires, and you are going to assist in this ... endeavor. I believe there was a human film, with which the notion is familiar ... Incipere*".

The Oni paused a moment as she went over one of the schematics -- a particularly nasty looking bomb known as the 'Capsule Corp Planet Cracker Supreme™ -- and couldn't help but chuckle at the name. The man certainly wasn't subtle.

"I will bridge the connection with his mind, if possible, and given your connection with Jinzi, I will need you to ... suggest the schematic be the next thing offered to Anula, with several ... modifications. Yes ? When that is finished, we shall sever the connection ... and I believe Etrina will have arrived in time to erase our hand in its offering ..."

*OT: Inception. It's just the base Latin word.

Arx Inosaan