Page 320 of 782 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Praxat's in danger. Possibly Meagan, too. In Capital City. We gotta go!"

"Gah, we don't have time for this! I knew you were useless!"

Zaofan addresses the combined group of Khan, Dash, Cyanna, and Erosa. "Okay. Everyone, this is Khan. Khan, everyone. He's Praxat's mentor."

Assessing the group, he continues. "If Etrina's already aware, then we should head out. Come on!"

He rushes to the kitchen window, ready to blast off. "Khan, if you can't fly, I can carry you. But we need to go!"

Khan Looks Dash and Cyanna saying " yeah are know those two there Dash and Cyanna . " " Praxat introduce them to me when I follow her here." Khan then floats in the air and flies towards Zaofan's direction saying " of course I can fly how you think I got here?" " yeah my own pupil Praxat was shock at the fact that I knew how to fly."

" hmm I wonder if that giant woman is still here I would very much like to ask her on a date." " that woman was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen." meanwhile in Capital City there's a loud sounding voice coming from the police station that is so loud that it sounds like someone is talking though a megaphone at full volume and it's loud enough to make people hold their ears in attempt to block out the sound of the voice being heard.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Knowing well the kind of man Jinzi Pantaloons was, it didn't take long at all for Ishtar to find several intricate schematics for the type of devices she had in mind, and with those in hand, the glowing-horn Oni returned quickly to Meagan's side.

"The plan is, frankly, a simple one." The Oni explained. "Before we sever the connection, I am going to offer Anula the information she so desperately desires, and you are going to assist in this ... endeavor. I believe there was a human film, with which the notion is familiar ... Incipere*".

The Oni paused a moment as she went over one of the schematics -- a particularly nasty looking bomb known as the 'Capsule Corp Planet Cracker Supreme™ -- and couldn't help but chuckle at the name. The man certainly wasn't subtle.

"I will bridge the connection with his mind, if possible, and given your connection with Jinzi, I will need you to ... suggest the schematic be the next thing offered to Anula, with several ... modifications. Yes ? When that is finished, we shall sever the connection ... and I believe Etrina will have arrived in time to erase our hand in its offering ..."

*OT: Inception. It's just the base Latin word.
    Meagan had mixed feelings about this, but it took no time at all for her to agree to it, "As long as we free him from this immediately after."

OOC: Meagan is ready, as soon as Isthar begins she will do her part.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks at the space suit saying " hmm that's odd that looks like a space suit but why in the hell would Jinzi need a space suit for?" " Jinzi never mention anything to me about going into space when I was
    On closer inspection, the skin of the suit seemed to have an almost liquid texture. Whatever Jinzi had been preparing in regards to the suit were and the verge of completion, perhaps halted only by unfortunate and unforeseen complications. The suit lay pressurized, its skin holding an almost liquid texture. Cables connected the suit to a nearby console, where formulas and unfamiliar text crossed the width of the screen. There were also a few audio files, logs kept by jinzi, that were locked.

A command icon lay at the very bottom. The words "Test Positive - Environment Suit Sealed - Extra Dimension energy conduit primed. Open Conduit Link? Yes/No"

While important, it seemed to just be another background experiment in an already cluttered lab.

....but....

There is something, compelling, about the offer presented. Perhaps you should see through jinzis project in his stead. Something in your mind is telling you its ok, it may even be of some assistant.

Yes.....jinzi isn't required any longer......you'll suffice.

Press it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan had mixed feelings about this, but it took no time at all for her to agree to it, "As long as we free him from this immediately after."

Praxat touches Megan on the shoulder as she passes her by saying " I hope Jinzi is going to be alright." Praxat then starts examine the space suit saying " hmm mind is telling me to do what it says , but my gut is telling me something is off." " I know what Extra Dimension energy is that's one of the things I had to study growing up on Qacriea." " of course I wasn't the best Toadian when it came to that field."

" I never got the highest grades in that subject." " Princess Qaztoh though yeah she's better than me when it comes to Extra Dimension energy."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-03-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley hummed to herself. Thanks in no small part to the frantic near shouting supplied by the dear chef, she was well aware that something was happening in this so called Capital City. Something, she hoped, that was worth her time and attention.

As the others began to depart, she scanned in search of a familiar signature with which to find the right direction. She found two - Ishtar and one of the Chromakai girls. Those would suffice.

Thus, when Zaofan, Dash, Khan and others left, they would find Parsley zooming past them in the direction of Capital City.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

"That is the plan, yes ... I simply wish to reward Anula for her efforts." Ishtar replied, somewhat cryptically.

When the two were ready then, Ishtar opened a link and gave the word. "All you need to do is offer Jinzi the schematic as is, as soon as you finish, and once Anula has accepted the information, I will sever the connection."

Now it was just a matter of seeing whether or not the plan worked.

OT: Up to you how you handle offering it over, Tami, then the ultimate outcome is up to Cleric.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"That is the plan, yes ... I simply wish to reward Anula for her efforts." Ishtar replied, somewhat cryptically.

When the two were ready then, Ishtar opened a link and gave the word. "All you need to do is offer Jinzi the schematic as is, as soon as you finish, and once Anula has accepted the information, I will sever the connection."

Now it was just a matter of seeing whether or not the plan worked.

OT: Up to you how you handle offering it over, Tami, then the ultimate outcome is up to Cleric.
    In the upper left hand corner of the schematic is a code. Despite his occasional disorganization, like every engineer, all of his plans are coded for easy access. She reads to Jinzi the code, then repeating it a second time, and a third time. The code should be enough to trigger his memory.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-03-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva and Kai look interested.

“Please, tell us more.”
    "Simple, my dear guardian. It is a combination of two factors," Blizzar began. "You see these drones hovering before you?" he asked, holding a hand out. "They are factor one. Imagine thousands of them, hovering all over the Earth, forming a grid invisible to the naked eye. Offering global surveillance on an unprecedented scale to monitor potential intergalactic and magical threats that may spring forth. Rapid Response Systems! If the Earth is in danger and it's defenders need assistance, the drones will detect this and instantly alert Galaxy Police HQ, who will send a swift response! Planetary Defense! Any invaders with ill intent will be greeted with a warning first, and if that's ignored...each of these emit a wave of proton blasts, that our best researchers say has the capability of annihilating a moon. And if you're worried about any stray fire, fear not...these drones are equipped with self-regulating systems that constantly update their A.I and defense algorithms. They'll know what's a target and what's not."

"And then that brings me to factor two..." Blizzar made his way to one of the blueprints. "Should any nefarious threats, somehow manage to break through the drones perimeter or, far more likely, in the case of homegrown intergalactic threats springing up...we have managed to manufacture a line of robotic combatants. Katchin alloy. Energy absorption and redistribution. Admittedly, these are still in the testing phase...no counter to magic yet, but I hear R&D's heard of a metal to surpass Katchin..." Blizzar clapped his hands once more and the two holograms disappeared while the drones returned to his pod.

"So, Guardian of Earth and er..." Blizzar glanced at Kai. "Whoever you are. What do you think? I must admit, I am more than a smidgen proud of this project. I did have a hand in spearheading it myself," the Arcosian coughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley hummed to herself. Thanks in no small part to the frantic near shouting supplied by the dear chef, she was well aware that something was happening in this so called Capital City. Something, she hoped, that was worth her time and attention.

As the others began to depart, she scanned in search of a familiar signature with which to find the right direction. She found two - Ishtar and one of the Chromakai girls. Those would suffice.

Thus, when Zaofan, Dash, Khan and others left, they would find Parsley zooming past them in the direction of Capital City.
    Rocketing through the skies towards Capital City, Zaofan sees Parsley pass them overhead. "Show off... c'mon, we have to pick up the pace!"

Upon seeing the city skyline, Zaofan activates his ki sense. The stronger of the familiar signatures had to be Ishtar, and so he touches down by their location, widening his senses to search. "Ishtar...! Meagan...! Anybody?!"

Rocketing through the skies towards Capital City, Zaofan sees Parsley pass them overhead. "Show off... c'mon, we have to pick up the pace!"

Upon seeing the city skyline, Zaofan activates his ki sense. The stronger of the familiar signatures had to be Ishtar, and so he touches down by their location, widening his senses to search. "Ishtar...! Meagan...! Anybody?!"
    There is an almost immediate response ... in Zaofan's head.

'What do you want, and why are you yelling ?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Stemming from his forhead, a dark vine of magic slowly twists inside his body, mainly focusing through his brain.
    The magic in Jinzi is clearly Anula’s, and it seems to be feeding on Jinzi’s mind and creativity. Whatever it takes it transmits to the caster. Essentially Anula is downloading his mind and creativity.
    Ochazuke halted his descent short of landing on the Capsule Corp building, freezing as he immediately recognized the signature of the witch's energy. But that was impossible, in the middle of the battle she had been struck down, first by Ishtar, then by him, until Parsley had smote her to dust and ash.

How did she...

He grit his teeth and focused, muttering lowly to himself. A moment's inattention focused on Jagam and in the slight opening she had escaped his notice. Cast off to the grave mercy of Terra, he was unable to use his skill to heighten his awareness, but so returned to their living world, the inner mysteries of these energies would not evade his pursuit.

Pouring a greater effort into his meditative sense-awareness, Ochazuke's ki stole toward the medium ebbing from Jinzi where it stole his muse to the ether, picking up the silent trace of the spellwork and with it the subtle trail left behind by its caster.

It was time to rectify that mistake.

There is an almost immediate response ... in Zaofan's head.

'What do you want, and why are you yelling ?'
    Zaofan rapidly looks around, left right maybe up just to be on the safe side, like a lost little pup. "Wait...Ishtar...?"

Damnable telepathy. He was a fightin' martial artist, but not really one of those spiritual or third eye martial artists. He'd have to shut the physical mouth.

Ishtar! We received word that Meagan and whoever else was here was in trouble! A few of us have come to help!

Zaofan rapidly looks around, left right maybe up just to be on the safe side, like a lost little pup. "Wait...Ishtar...?"

Damnable telepathy. He was a fightin' martial artist, but not really one of those spiritual or third eye martial artists. He'd have to shut the physical mouth.

Ishtar! We received word that Meagan and whoever else was here was in trouble! A few of us have come to help!
    There was an audible sigh at the other 'end' of the line, before Ishtar's voice echoed in Zaofan's mind once more.

'No one is in direct 'trouble' at least so far as has been sensed so far ... Jinzi is simply having his knowledge magically funneled to Anula, for use by the Threshling Empire, surely. A thing Meagan and I will hopefully have sorted, momentarily. Now ... Whether or not she is nearby, I cannot say for certain yet ...' There was a pause before the Oni continued, seemingly after a moment of scanning the surroundings.

'Check with Ochazuke, if anyone would know better than I where the Threshling is hiding, it would be him.'

Arx Inosaan

Meanwhile, the chef is being watched from a dark recess, in the shadows of a well-tucked alley. Broad daylight but unnoticed nonetheless.

"Hm," the figure says with reverberation in his voice, a refined voice with an echo that seemed to jump ahead of the voice, almost as if it was several voices speaking as one. "That one over there has the stench of dark forces around him, of blood aura. As if he just came from a place of eternal dread and despair."

A second voice responds, with heavy depth and breath, a bass like no other: "So have the others, and they are even more powerful than him. Still, I am not greedy. Only he is the one that I want."

"We will have him, in due time. After all, he owes me for lost time."

They look back at Zaofan, completely unaware, his head moving back and forth like a confused child, sometimes speaking out loud to apparently no one but himself (in reality, Ishtar). The two figures vanish in a puff of purple smoke and white flash, escaping anyone's notice.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-03-2018 at 09:07 PM.

There was an audible sigh at the other 'end' of the line, before Ishtar's voice echoed in Zaofan's mind once more.

'No one is in direct 'trouble' at least so far as has been sensed so far ... Jinzi is simply having his knowledge magically funneled to Anula, for use by the Threshling Empire, surely. A thing Meagan and I will hopefully have sorted, momentarily. Now ... Whether or not she is nearby, I cannot say for certain yet ...' There was a pause before the Oni continued, seemingly after a moment of scanning the surroundings.

'Check with Ochazuke, if anyone would know better than I where the Threshling is hiding, it would be him.'
    Ishtar is one person that Zaofan would like to not annoy in the future. She is hard for him to read, and it's frustrating for someone who likes to serve others. But he defers nonetheless, if only not to step on any toes.

Alright. I suppose we'll be on the lookout for Meagan, but I'll try to zero in on Ochazuke. Good luck!

With that, he flies off to begin his search for his martial brother.