Page 335 of 782 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not a moment later however, the bindings that pinned Anula to the mountainous earth below rescinded, and the Saiyan -- Parsley -- who controlled them offered curious glances.

Ishtar sighed once more, before chuckling.

"Thank you, Parsley. Though I suspect you too, see the practicality of what I seek."
    Parsley offered a single nod. "I do," she spoke, proving to be the first words spoken since this entire show began. "I plan on sitting in on the lessons this woman holds with you. Learning about spells and the like will help me combat them."

As loathe was she was to admit it, magic was going to be a serious problem, if a mongrel like Jagam was any indication. It appeared that he was very poorly versed in the ways of sorcery, at least in comparison to his half-sister. And yet, he managed to conjure the power necessary to send them to an entirely different universe. On his death bed, no less. An impressive feat, even if she would never voice such in all her remaining life.

Knowing that there were those out there -- such as the witch kneeling before them, Ishtar, and the girl Etrina -- who were far more advanced in the ways of witchcraft and spellcrafting only highlighted the need for her to expand her horizons. Even if she had no intention of casting herself, being able to counter or perhaps even nullify magic would greatly tip the scales of battle in her favor.

And in a more personal note, learning how to accomplish these feats would allow her to pass such knowledge onto the other Saiyans. Doing so would, with hope, curry favor with her people, enough to grant her access to her own home.

"If that's--"

Quote Originally Posted by Tasure View Post
    Her expression darkened just slightly before returning to its usual neutral expression. "--alright with you. Far be it for me to impede where I'm not wanted."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies saying " I'm 17 years old." " really never got to have any fun in my earlier childhood." " I always did what my mother ask like a good girl." " never being disobedient or question her authority."

"I was did want she said , wore what she won't me to wear ." " she control every aspect of my life when she was alive." " a never once got to act like a normal child when she was around and I sometimes think of her and wonder who's worse her or Killrog." Qaztoh takes out a note of her toga saying " I got this note from my people I haven't even read it yet."

Praxat replies to this saying " you should read it." Qaztoh opens up the note and reads which in Toadian reads dear princess Qaztoh to get help to liberate us from Killrog is not the only reason we sent you away. we also sent you away to broaden your horizons in hopes that it would make you a better queen than your mother Yaztoh. I know you don't want to hear this but your mother was a bad ruler .

the citizens only tolerate her and we the royal servants only put up with her. When Qaztoh gets to this part of the note she reads it outloud "Yaztoh was a self center , self absorbed , overly arrogant , close minded , controlling and overbearing person." she then stops and reads the rest of the note in slience. the rest of the note reads she reject alliances from other planets because she view them as trash and beneath her .

she isolated the kingdom completely cut us off from other kingdoms on other planets by shutting down the space program and cutting off all other side communications . she view that closing off the Toadian Kingdom from other Kingdoms on other planets was a good thing. however we the royal servants view that this was bad practice and that it would only hurt the kingdom. this would be prove to be right when Killrog invade and took over the Kingdom.

if Yaztoh hadn't push other kingdoms on other planets away than Killrog could have been stop. it's solely Yaztoh fault that Killrog was able to take over the Kingdom. finally we just like to say we know your mother never let you act like a normal girl. we know she control every aspect of you and your siblings lives when she was still alive.

so we also know that you probably are going to ignore the responsibility given to you and just go around having fun as a way to lash out at your mother. sincerely the Luue Family. Qaztoh crumples up the note and balls up her right hand into a fist saying " figures the royal servants and the citizens didn't like my mother either." " the resented my mother as much as I did." Khan replies to this after listen to Qaztoh note saying " wow you from the way your mother is describe in that note she sounds like a horrible person."

OOC: Praxat last name is Luue so it was Praxat's family that sent Qaztoh away.
    17, huh? The same age as Sarada, then. It made sense in that regard for her to have anxiety about taking the throne at such a young age. It couldn't be stated enough that Sarada felt the same way.

Still, despite those nerves, she still did what she had to do. Her people needed a strong, level-headed leader, one who would continue the policies Mato worked so hard to put into action, not undo them the second they took the throne. To that end, Sarada swallowed her fear and accepted the responsibilities that came with wearing the Medallion of Monarchy.

She was about to respond when Qaztoh read a letter from her servants. It spoke about how... unlikable her mother was, and how the servants only served her because they had to, not because they wanted to. That came as no surprise when she heard how overbearing and controlling of her daughter she was.

It's stories like this that make me glad I had Maiz.

The older Saiyan was firm, sure, but always let Sarada, Parsley, and Pinich live their own lives. Sometimes to their own detriment, but that was their own fault.

"I'm 17, too," she started. "I was actually 16 when I took the throne. I know how afraid you are to have an entire planet look to you for leadership and guidance when you're only still a child. Trust me, I do. But, in your case, you don't have a choice. You're people are enslaved. I know that the Replitas kill some of you guys often, maybe just to prove a point. What you're people need is someone to look to for hope. That person has to be you. Think of how overjoyed the other Toadians will be when you return with an army ready to kick reptile ass and free them from years of bondage. Wouldn't that be great, to be looked to as a savior?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hm?" At hearing the familiar voice, Sarada turned and beheld Tasure suddenly standing on the Lookout. She couldn't help the wide grin from splitting her face. "Hehe. I was wondering when you'd show up again."

She got a feel for Tasure's strength, and lo and behold, Sarada had already surpassed her. She supposed it was only natural; she the Queen, after all. Though, it was strange; Tasure was about as strong as Parsley was. Sarada thought for sure that she was well into the hundreds of thousands by this point. Rumors and tall tales can distort even the most obvious of truths, I guess. Saiyans had a penchant for exaggerating -- slightly -- so it was no wonder than Tasure's power level had skyrocketed even while she was dead.

She thought back to when they first talked about whether Sarada could possibly match and surpass Tasure. It was back on the Lookout, just after they had defeated the parasite that had infected Fife. They agreed that it would take around four years. In reality, it had only taken about an eighth that time. Amazing. Then again, I guess that's what adventuring and training will do for you. I'm sure going to miss it.

She tried to remember if they made a wager. To her lamentation, they didn't.

"I can hardly believe it myself. It's only been a year, but it feels like it's been forever since I only had a PL of 50."
    "Heh, you've definitely managed to exceed my expectations. Well done. Maybe you being so strong now will inspire my lazy-ass son to take his training seriously," said Tasure. Probably not, though. Her boy was lucky he could somewhat coast by on natural talent, because otherwise the gap between him and Sarada would be even greater. "So, it seems you didn't need my help with Jagam after all. Though, I am curious as to why your group's powers disappeared for a while. You lot were there one moment and then gone the next... and that's just not normal."

It couldn't have been exhaustion, especially since Jagam apparently went down rather easily. Hmph, for such a terror, he certainly turned out to be a pushover. Though they should perhaps count their blessings that he, like most halfbreeds left to their own devices, wasn't too keen on training.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Heh, you've definitely managed to exceed my expectations. Well done. Maybe you being so strong now will inspire my lazy-ass son to take his training seriously," said Tasure. Probably not, though. Her boy was lucky he could somewhat coast by on natural talent, because otherwise the gap between him and Sarada would be even greater. "So, it seems you didn't need my help with Jagam after all. Though, I am curious as to why your group's powers disappeared for a while. You lot were there one moment and then gone the next... and that's just not normal."

It couldn't have been exhaustion, especially since Jagam apparently went down rather easily. Hmph, for such a terror, he certainly turned out to be a pushover. Though they should perhaps count their blessings that he, like most halfbreeds left to their own devices, wasn't too keen on training.
    "Totoma's too busy mating with Karine to do any training." While she was laughing as she spoke, Sarada was nearly as disappointed with the half-breed as his mother was. While she was elated to know she was more powerful than him, it was... just academic at this point. He wasn't training, and she was, so naturally she was going to exceed him in power. At one point, she even considered him her rival, yet, if one rival wasn't training and didn't seem too interested in doing anything other than clapping his mate's cheeks, then what was the point?

"Oh. That. Jagam, right before he died, sent us to another universe." She paused for several seconds to let that sink in. In many ways, she herself was still having trouble wrapping her brain around it. "We've only been back for about half an hour or so. Ishtar managed to copy the spell he used and brought us back." She sighed, in a normal not at all dreamy way! "She really is amazing. Ah... it's very impressive that she can copy another races inherent magic so quickly. She's very affluent in magic, you see. She's even going to teach me how to use it. I think it'd be good if a few Saiyans were capable of casting spells, if only to add some diversity to our army."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar chuckled.

"Yes ... faith." The Oni offered those behind her a glance, before nodding to herself slowly. "In any case, you will live provided you do not give me reason to rescind my ... offer. For the moment however, you will remain bound as you are and drained of magic and Ki. At least until such threats you might pose are ... sorted. Though I would ask the binding on your legs be removed so at the least you can walk under your own power."

There is a flicker of movement at Ishtar's side then, before Anubis springs into form. Larger than he once was, though still as cute the ethereal Tulpa eyed Anula curiously before chuffing and turning toward the Oni who had summoned him ... though the Tulpa never quite ignored the Threshling, that much was evident.

"Also, Anubis will watch you at all times. Should you act contrary to the terms of our agreement, your end will be swift if ... unpleasant."

"I simply do not mince words, as others might. Too tedious, beating around the brutal truth." Ishtar replied, with a sigh before considering what the young chef, Zaofan, said next. "There are a few places, to say nothing of the accommodations provided to Grav, the Vitalmancer." The glowing-horn Oni added, after giving it some thought. "In the end, I will at least afford Anula the choice."

Content to simply listen as Ochazuke spoke with the harsh truth that all who knew him were familiar of, Ishtar blinked slowly when the man crossed a line that had only moments before been established; and though he made no overt action toward breaking the pact that had been made quite yet, the Oni knew well enough that what he did not say was plainly evident in his posture.

And in the way he stood with arm raised, as his ethereal flames burned away at what little of Anula's energy remained ...

How bothersome.

The Oni appeared a step ahead of Ochazuke, golden-eyes staring coolly at her 'brother'.

"Stay your hand."
    The flatness of Ochazuke's expression gave way to a lengthened downturn at the corners of his mouth. Bemused, it seemed to him she had forgotten he had found this one nestled in the heart of the now-shattered mountain that lay in scarred ruins among the wood and snow. Over the last year, this course of Ishtar's unusual mercy had proven beneficial in certain instances. Plainly, she saw some opportunity there, a truth held to bondage

Int his moment, he saw within the darkened slits of her golden eyes an endless voracity to be sated of innumerable curious appetites, even as she moved to defend the enemy.

"It is not me you should concern yourself with," he seethed. "She knows you are beholden to truth. She is beholden to nothing."

The silent fire burned, and soon would run short of kindling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She glares at him, even as her skin pales, her energy eaten away.

“The truth then: two worlds have fallen to us. We expand slowly, little space capability that we have. But we did not slaughter beyond their defenders. We convert to Auroc’s cause. Jagam was a wild thing, he alone amongst us slaughter wantonly. We believe we are superior, and we shownother races this as we convert them. I could have slaughtered this entire planet, your friend Jinzi, with a few words while you were gone. But I did not. I did as I was ordered and left this planet alone. I do not plead for mercy, but I am not foolish or proud enough to cast it back in my enemies face. Besides, under my tutelage I may yet convert others to Auroc’s love. Why die when I may yet serve?”

“But if my words are not good enough, if they are not taken in good faith....then either kill me now or allow me to form a Pact of Auroc. My life, tied to a will of your choosing.”
    "Don't patronize me with your dull compact," Ochazuke spat. "How soon you forget: 'The subtle tongue, the sophist's guile: all fails when the broadsword sings.'”

Jagam's rote couplet left his lips with a frigid venom that cut through the Karura no Kaen; shortly after with a harsh swipe of his hand, the ethereal flame was fanned out and Anula was released from choking on the embers of her spirit. Yet even as her magic slowly began to right its course, she who bore the standard of the Allseeing-Unseen perhaps would be aware of another judging eye as Kyokushin Keihatsu pored over her diminished presence with sublime sense-awareness.

You'll lean upon nobody else. And if you cannot stand under the strength of your convictions...

"And you presume to judge the Saiyans. Your crush the spirits of strangers, then worm your bloody evangelism through their hearts and minds.Farcical conversion, it is no more than coercion to hegemony by force."

A bemused chuckle escaped him. "And then in the throes of failure you would steal the thoughts of a philanthropist. As if that would save face among deceitful cowards. So proud, until animal fear prods of your professed truths into submission to contrary states."

"If Auroc brings his love to all, then why does he hide from all the universe, watching, threatening? Why does he abandon his faithful in your hour of need?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "No, of course not. All outgoing ships will be granted safe passage," Blizzar assured the inventor.
    OOC: In case you missed this, Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The flatness of Ochazuke's expression gave way to a lengthened downturn at the corners of his mouth. Bemused, it seemed to him she had forgotten he had found this one nestled in the heart of the now-shattered mountain that lay in scarred ruins among the wood and snow. Over the last year, this course of Ishtar's unusual mercy had proven beneficial in certain instances. Plainly, she saw some opportunity there, a truth held to bondage

Int his moment, he saw within the darkened slits of her golden eyes an endless voracity to be sated of innumerable curious appetites, even as she moved to defend the enemy.

"It is not me you should concern yourself with," he seethed. "She knows you are beholden to truth. She is beholden to nothing."

"Don't patronize me with your dull compact," Ochazuke spat. "How soon you forget: 'The subtle tongue, the sophist's guile: all fails when the broadsword sings.'”

Jagam's rote couplet left his lips with a frigid venom that cut through the Karura no Kaen; shortly after with a harsh swipe of his hand, the ethereal flame was fanned out and Anula was released from choking on the embers of her spirit. Yet even as her magic slowly began to right its course, she who bore the standard of the Allseeing-Unseen perhaps would be aware of another judging eye as Kyokushin Keihatsu pored over her diminished presence with sublime sense-awareness.

You'll lean upon nobody else. And if you cannot stand under the strength of your convictions...

"And you presume to judge the Saiyans. Your crush the spirits of strangers, then worm your bloody evangelism through their hearts and minds.Farcical conversion, it is no more than coercion to hegemony by force."

A bemused chuckle escaped him. "And then in the throes of failure you would steal the thoughts of a philanthropist. As if that would save face among deceitful cowards. So proud, until animal fear prods of your professed truths into submission to contrary states."

"If Auroc brings his love to all, then why does he hide from all the universe, watching, threatening? Why does he abandon his faithful in your hour of need?"
    This was starting to get a bit scary, still Dash walks up to them, "Why you'all wasting time debating philosophy? If you can't decide what to do with her, take her back to the Lookout. Ah can understand not wanting to kill, but don'tca think she should be locked up someplace where she can'not do any harm? Ah think she's playing you, making you fight like politicians."
    Last edited by Tami; 10-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Totoma's too busy mating with Karine to do any training." While she was laughing as she spoke, Sarada was nearly as disappointed with the half-breed as his mother was. While she was elated to know she was more powerful than him, it was... just academic at this point. He wasn't training, and she was, so naturally she was going to exceed him in power. At one point, she even considered him her rival, yet, if one rival wasn't training and didn't seem too interested in doing anything other than clapping his mate's cheeks, then what was the point?

"Oh. That. Jagam, right before he died, sent us to another universe." She paused for several seconds to let that sink in. In many ways, she herself was still having trouble wrapping her brain around it. "We've only been back for about half an hour or so. Ishtar managed to copy the spell he used and brought us back." She sighed, in a normal not at all dreamy way! "She really is amazing. Ah... it's very impressive that she can copy another races inherent magic so quickly. She's very affluent in magic, you see. She's even going to teach me how to use it. I think it'd be good if a few Saiyans were capable of casting spells, if only to add some diversity to our army."
    "Hm. He and Karine have been away from each other for about six months, actually, so his lack of training--and I know he's been slacking--is because he's been playing superhero. There are worse reasons to slack than that, and I'm hardly disappointed that he makes good use of his power, but..." She sighed. "...hm, I suppose I should just be content that he is happy and doing something he apparently loves. Even if it is silly."

Tasure took in the tidbit about another universe and Ishtar... nicking some magic from Jagam. "Interesting. I've never put much stock in that, but Aiden, Karine's father, had a fair hand with the stuff. Speaking of, once the ship Karine and I were traveling on gets here, I'll be kicking my son's ass onto it and sending them off to find Aiden... and take a trip to Namek. I need Toto to revive Bekon, my life-mate, so I can fucking kill him again for.... well, you know damn well how Toto was until Eva... unbroke him. That."

There had to be a reason, an explanation for why Bekon let things get that bad, but he'd have some explaining to do. Toto was damn lucky he had the Cromwells to turn to for support, but they could only do so much, especially with how damn good at hiding his problems that boy was.

"Anyway, I regret to inform you that I shall be taking a furlough for the foreseeable future. You see... I am bored out of my Vocadodamned skull and need to hit something... hard. And since Jagam's not around for that, I'll have to settle for whoever the hell that shithead was working for. I've left the Hitozaru corps in Mato's hands. Hell, he's better at managing stuff than I am, by far, so it's probably for the best."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Ishtar knows that eye. The gaze of Auroc.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

“Ahh.....Earth. Hmm, I see you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley offered a single nod. "I do," she spoke, proving to be the first words spoken since this entire show began. "I plan on sitting in on the lessons this woman holds with you. Learning about spells and the like will help me combat them."

As loathe was she was to admit it, magic was going to be a serious problem, if a mongrel like Jagam was any indication. It appeared that he was very poorly versed in the ways of sorcery, at least in comparison to his half-sister. And yet, he managed to conjure the power necessary to send them to an entirely different universe. On his death bed, no less. An impressive feat, even if she would never voice such in all her remaining life.

Knowing that there were those out there -- such as the witch kneeling before them, Ishtar, and the girl Etrina -- who were far more advanced in the ways of witchcraft and spellcrafting only highlighted the need for her to expand her horizons. Even if she had no intention of casting herself, being able to counter or perhaps even nullify magic would greatly tip the scales of battle in her favor.

And in a more personal note, learning how to accomplish these feats would allow her to pass such knowledge onto the other Saiyans. Doing so would, with hope, curry favor with her people, enough to grant her access to her own home.

"If that's--"

Her expression darkened just slightly before returning to its usual neutral expression. "--alright with you. Far be it for me to impede where I'm not wanted."
    Ishtar's eyebrow raised when the shift in demeanor manifested, but a quick scan of power level quickly revealed the cause.

"Ah, Tasure."

There was certainly a measure of ... bad blood between the two, if Ishtar recalled. Totoma's mother stating rather plainly that had Parsley ascended to the throne, she would not have lasted the day undoubtedly the cause. For the moment however, there were certainly more important things to address.

"In any case, I see no reason why not. After all, news of our success, and the failure of both Jagam, and Anula, is sure to reach the ears of the Threshling people ... and their Queen, sooner or later. It is in our best interest to properly prepare, lest the target we painted ourselves as proves more trouble than we are equipped to handle."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    OOC: In case you missed this, Cleric
    “Excellent. Well then, I think a stop by President Grinthorn’s office to get his approval is the next step.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"She knows well then, that my mercy has its bounds." Ishtar replied simply, eyes returning to meet with Ochazuke's own.

"Though what say you, is left for her to be beholden to, beyond continued existence ? I have seen to it that should she ever return to Reshlan, she will be executed. We have beaten and smeared the atoms of her ... ward, across the starways. With but two hours I have bested her in a path she has walked since she learned to think, and speak ... there is nothing left to her but this offer, and my word; and she would be a fool to attempt betrayal."

Though in the end, it seemed the choice was no longer for them to make ...

Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their will they will anted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

Before anything could be sealed, in blood or bond, Anula shriveled and cried out as a possession of sorts took effect; and the eye that appeared in the center of her forehead, was one familiar.

"Auroc."

Ishtar stated simply as his presence staggered, though despite this otherworldly force the Oni did not quite kneel. "The Hermit God ... a meeting much sooner than I had anticipated." The glowing-horn Oni offered through grit teeth.

"Know you then, the truth ? That your suppilcants proved weaker than I in the ways of magic you bid them walk ?"
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-09-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Hm. He and Karine have been away from each other for about six months, actually, so his lack of training--and I know he's been slacking--is because he's been playing superhero. There are worse reasons to slack than that, and I'm hardly disappointed that he makes good use of his power, but..." She sighed. "...hm, I suppose I should just be content that he is happy and doing something he apparently loves. Even if it is silly."

Tasure took in the tidbit about another universe and Ishtar... nicking some magic from Jagam. "Interesting. I've never put much stock in that, but Aiden, Karine's father, had a fair hand with the stuff. Speaking of, once the ship Karine and I were traveling on gets here, I'll be kicking my son's ass onto it and sending them off to find Aiden... and take a trip to Namek. I need Toto to revive Bekon, my life-mate, so I can fucking kill him again for.... well, you know damn well how Toto was until Eva... unbroke him. That."

There had to be a reason, an explanation for why Bekon let things get that bad, but he'd have some explaining to do. Toto was damn lucky he had the Cromwells to turn to for support, but they could only do so much, especially with how damn good at hiding his problems that boy was.

"Anyway, I regret to inform you that I shall be taking a furlough for the foreseeable future. You see... I am bored out of my Vocadodamned skull and need to hit something... hard. And since Jagam's not around for that, I'll have to settle for whoever the hell that shithead was working for. I've left the Hitozaru corps in Mato's hands. Hell, he's better at managing stuff than I am, by far, so it's probably for the best."
    Totoma had been away from Karine for six entire months? Sarada chuckled. She supposed some distance would do them some good. They were already dependent on one another; well, he was dependent on her. Spending some time apart would cultivate that independence that every relationship needed to not fall apart the moment the two were separated. It did wonders for her and Ishtar, even though they had been together pretty much every day for the last several months.

Hm. I guess that's another plus for leaving. Though, I can survive without Ishtar for a time.

"Wishing your mate back to life, hm?" She frowned. She hadn't heard from Totoma what his father did to him, but given the sorry state the half-breed was in when she first met him, she had some ideas. Perhaps blaming him for his mother getting killed? Neglecting him and burying himself in his restaurant, until he eventually worked himself to death? Psychologically abused him? All valid guesses, but she supposed it wasn't any of her business. If Totoma wanted her to know, he could tell her when he was ready. If not, then she wasn't about to stay up at night trying to figure it out. "I've heard nothing but good things about his cooking, so I'm excited to meet him." Also, she wanted to see the human who sired a child with a Saiyan woman, who were notoriously hard to please. Cooking was a fast way to a woman's heart, but surely there was more to him than that?

Oh. She recalled hearing that he beat her when they fought. Heh. Yeah, that'd do it.

In the meantime, Tasure was going to be staying with the group to kick ass. Damn it. She would show up the day before Sarada was going to leave. That meant that Parsley was going to see the legend in action and not...

OH SHIT!

"Uh... that's great, Tasure. Um, fair warning: my sister's also staying with this group for that exact same reason."

Great. There was little doubt that Parsley still resented that guarantee Tasure made about ending her reign early if she won the crown. Even if it seemed that everything she said to Gangal during their match was only a bluff to psych her out, the mother of a half-breed probably didn't take too kindly to it, regardless. Oh, joy. She was going to miss that fight.

Sigh.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Dash found herself on her knees, yet her right hand went up across her face, hiding it from the eye. Her hand glowed as the Mark of Iris struggled to shield her from him.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-09-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He saw it through his expanded sense, that glaze of a familiar presence. Between space, rendered in mixed blood by Ishtar's ritual.

And so Ochazuke knew a figment of that shapeless eye, the puppeteer of the twisted flesh of his thrall, and the sweep of piercing gaze as it cut through his being. The only thing could do was throw his foot before him, sinking shakily into the earth and snow in defiance.

I...refuse...to yield...to you...