Page 336 of 782 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Excellent. Well then, I think a stop by President Grinthorn’s office to get his approval is the next step.”
    "Perfect," Blizzar nodded. "I assume you will forward a letter of approval to President Grinthorn? Or do you believe your presence is required at this momentous meeting?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    17, huh? The same age as Sarada, then. It made sense in that regard for her to have anxiety about taking the throne at such a young age. It couldn't be stated enough that Sarada felt the same way.

Still, despite those nerves, she still did what she had to do. Her people needed a strong, level-headed leader, one who would continue the policies Mato worked so hard to put into action, not undo them the second they took the throne. To that end, Sarada swallowed her fear and accepted the responsibilities that came with wearing the Medallion of Monarchy.

She was about to respond when Qaztoh read a letter from her servants. It spoke about how... unlikable her mother was, and how the servants only served her because they had to, not because they wanted to. That came as no surprise when she heard how overbearing and controlling of her daughter she was.

It's stories like this that make me glad I had Maiz.

The older Saiyan was firm, sure, but always let Sarada, Parsley, and Pinich live their own lives. Sometimes to their own detriment, but that was their own fault.

"I'm 17, too," she started. "I was actually 16 when I took the throne. I know how afraid you are to have an entire planet look to you for leadership and guidance when you're only still a child. Trust me, I do. But, in your case, you don't have a choice. You're people are enslaved. I know that the Replitas kill some of you guys often, maybe just to prove a point. What you're people need is someone to look to for hope. That person has to be you. Think of how overjoyed the other Toadians will be when you return with an army ready to kick reptile ass and free them from years of bondage. Wouldn't that be great, to be looked to as a savior?"
    Qaztoh replies to this saying " think about it the only reason I didn't want to be Queen besides that I was afraid. " " Was that I didn't want to live in my mother's shadow." "even after her death at the hands of Killrog I felt that her presence still linger on like a parasite." " the walls of the castle in which I live when I was child is feel of bad memories."

" however maybe I should be come Queen and be better ruler than my awful mother." "that woman made me, my late siblings and my late father's lives miserable." " my late father was always depressed when she was around." " his skin was gold like mine but when he was around her it was always a deep blue."

" he never talk because she wouldn't let him." Khan replies to this saying " wow poor guy ." " oh and this universal translator device you have that you created is pretty neat." Praxat replies to this saying " yes indeed Yazaki Zorak was a poor soul."

" he was the first born and the son of the Queen before Yaztoh ." " since he was a boy he couldn't become the ruler of the kingdom." " since the Toadian Kingdom has always been run by a female ruler , so an arranged marriage was set between him and Yaztoh who came from a very wealthy noble family."

" after they were married Yaztoh became the Queen. " " I was told this is how Yaztoh became Queen by my grandparents."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash found herself on her knees, yet her right hand went up across her face, hiding it from the eye. Her hand glowed as the Mark of Iris struggled to shield her from him.
    Back on the Lookout, Meagan's forehead glowed and Cyanna's hand glowed as well as their Marks of Iris resonated to Dash's.

Meagan headed out to the Plaza, then tried to sense where Dash was. Opening her Third Eye, she sought to use it to see the far location where the danger was occurring.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Huh." Held tilted his head slightly to the side, "I forgot all about that room."

The Nevadian recalled the training which pitted them against Fife, and various warriors from ages past and current, such as the deceased champion, Battersea. "I guess that's as good a place as any to train....I guess it's a shame my enemies don't usually give me the luxury of an introduction before battle, or I might spend all my time on this planet there."
    "I've used it before on my own." He replied, "It was... enlightening."

As enlightening as witnessing your own grandfather tear out your heart.

"Apparently there's supposed to be a better room, so the others say, but it's been under maintenance for a while."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian tilted his head slightly at the young man's question. "No, nothing like my fighting spirit, I think.....I'd like to manage that I'm a bit more relaxed than that. Not to mention, I'm pretty good, but I've picked up skills I didn't even know existed while I was off training with Crazy Horn."

Stroking his chin slightly, he added, "That, and I don't think I hate myself enough to try and gore myself like he did."

It had been a close battle, Nevadian against Unicorn, and the latter had emerged victorious when they had first met, the Nevadian caught entirely unaware by the sudden overwhelming onslaught.

Then again, technically speaking, it's not impossible I suppose...But how would that even work?

"I don't really get it entirely yet, but there's some connection between him and my spear. I'm still working my way through the runes and inscriptions and all..."

The Nevadian sighed slightly, recalling the tomes upon tomes he had poured through in preparation for the battle with Fife. He had learned much during that time, but all greater understanding had brought the Nevadian, were even greater mysteries. Even before he had returned to face Jagam, his skill and understanding had grown by leaps and bounds, but he felt the truth evaded him yet again.

"Honestly, I'll probably have to go back home proper to figure it out....Crazy Horn's memory has been....spotty, to put it softly. He's been out of the game for awhile. It took some time for him to understand why Nevadians don't live on Nevada anymore..."

While Held had delayed his return to Nevada at the request of the authorities, it was more a request than a demand. And it hardly impeded the Nevadians plans, after all. He was fully reinstated with the Merchants Guild, and his status as a privateer had been reactivated.

It had yet to bring him much closer in determining the truth that led to him being so closely scrutinized by the Galaxy Police, but that was neither here nor there. It was to be expected that there would be several dead ends, as there been over three years elapsed since that time.

Admittedly, some of his friends and family were annoyed about the Nevadians dallying--it's hard to plan a surprise party when you're blocked from going planet side--but it had only been a matter of time. Although, some of them no doubt realized that Held found that a convenient excuse. It would be an unfortunate look to be associated with a man accused of genocide a planet, after all.

"Either way, I'll let you be the judge, if you want....If he'll listen. I don't even try to summon him half the time because of how pissy he gets."
    There went his dreams of trading secrets of dealing with their respective spirit beasts. Then again, Rex never tried to kill him, yet. Who knew what would happen if the entity got his wish.

"No pressure, dude. We don't have to go balls to the wall immediately." Despite his words, this was Charco after all, the guy who would have made a pretty decent Saiyan if he hadn't been born a human.

As Meagan continued with Jinzi, Cyanna fell behind then started to wander through the Lookout, looking for something to do. She was already getting bored, then she thought about Charco, realizing that it's been a while since she saw him. As she walked, she wondered if he was still around, wondered what he was up to.
    Speak of the devil...

The girl hadn't crossed his mind but just a minute ago and there she was.

"Yo, Cyanna!"

What was once going to be a solitary visit to the Pendulum room was growing into a group trip by this point. That is, of course, if she was up to it.

"Held and me are going to go train, wanna join up?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's eyebrow raised when the shift in demeanor manifested, but a quick scan of power level quickly revealed the cause.

"Ah, Tasure."

There was certainly a measure of ... bad blood between the two, if Ishtar recalled. Totoma's mother stating rather plainly that had Parsley ascended to the throne, she would not have lasted the day undoubtedly the cause. For the moment however, there were certainly more important things to address.

"In any case, I see no reason why not. After all, news of our success, and the failure of both Jagam, and Anula, is sure to reach the ears of the Threshling people ... and their Queen, sooner or later. It is in our best interest to properly prepare, lest the target we painted ourselves as proves more trouble than we are equipped to handle."
    "I agree," Parsley replied plainly. It seemed Ishtar understood her reasons without her having to voice them. Quite the perceptive one. Or, perhaps Parsley's reasons were simply common sense.

In any case, she would learn alongside the Oni, and would craft her own counters to the various spells that the races abroad could conjure. Perhaps training with the human mage, Etrina, was in order.

Parsley turned to address the girl in question, when...

Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Ishtar knows that eye. The gaze of Auroc.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

“Ahh.....Earth. Hmm, I see you.”
    An irresistible force emanating from a green and red eye that suddenly appeared on the forehead of the tormented Threshling witch. It compelled her to bow, to show obeisance to the god of the Threshling. Her pride wouldn't allow her to comply, but she couldn't resist. Her body staggered and struggled, two forces within her fighting for control of her own body.

Madness.

The sheer audacity of this... abomination to wrest control of her faculties. The coward! To hide himself within the body of another instead of showing himself to face them personally.

How dare he!

Her teeth gritted together, grinding like two stones as her knees bent. Still she struggled. "I... bow... before... no one..."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

"Apparently there's supposed to be a better room, so the others say, but it's been under maintenance for a while."

There went his dreams of trading secrets of dealing with their respective spirit beasts. Then again, Rex never tried to kill him, yet. Who knew what would happen if the entity got his wish.

"No pressure, dude. We don't have to go balls to the wall immediately." Despite his words, this was Charco after all, the guy who would have made a pretty decent Saiyan if he hadn't been born a human.

Speak of the devil...

"Yo, Cyanna!"

What was once going to be a solitary visit to the Pendulum room was growing into a group trip by this point. That is, of course, if she was up to it.

"Held and me are going to go train, wanna join up?"
    Back on the Lookout, Meagan's forehead glowed and Cyanna's hand glowed as well as their Marks of Iris resonated to Dash's.

Meagan headed out to the Plaza, then tried to sense where Dash was. Opening her Third Eye, she sought to use it to see the far location where the danger was occurring.
    Turning to him, Cyanna looked worried, "Dash's in trouble. Meagan's trying to find her."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Auroc smiles.

“What Spirit. I expect nothing less from you Ishtar, daughter of Shek’hinah. Or you Ochazuke, Zxu’ro’s Chosen.”

He seems to IGNORE Parsley.

“Anula was merely an initiate. Barely come into her power. Judge mine annointed not so harshly, I ask.”

The presence seems to lighten just a bit for Ishtar and Ochazuke, but amplify for the others to kneel.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A flash of a red and green eye staggers her within her mind.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Ishtar knows that eye. The gaze of Auroc.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

“Ahh.....Earth. Hmm, I see you.”
    "........Damn it...." Etrina gritted her teeth even as the presence forced her nearly onto her hands. "........making a scene like this...In front of my future husband.......your already seriously pissing me off....." The mage attempted to push herself back up in defiance. "Look all you like.....you'll soon see the error of......Ughh..."

A flash of a red and green eye staggers her within her mind.
    Megan fell to the Plaza, her eye closes defensively.

Cyanna cries ou, "Sister! What happened?"as she rushes to her side.

Meagan waves her off, "I'm fine, just stunned. It's powerful, whatever they are facing is very dangerous." Cyanna then helps Meagan to her feet, "Felt like something Asha'rah would be familiar with."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

"I'm relieved." Held replied with a laugh, "I like to warm up, if I can."

Speak of the devil...

"Yo, Cyanna!"

"Held and me are going to go train, wanna join up?"[/QUOTE]

"The more the merrier, as they say." Held said, echoing Charco's sentiments, "I'm sure Meagan wouldn't mind, would she?"

Turning to him, Cyanna looked worried, "Dash's in trouble. Meagan's trying to find her."
    "Eh?" The Nevadian frowned slightly, noticing the expression on Dash's face, "How so?"

Megan fell to the Plaza, her eye closes defensively.

Cyanna cries ou, "Sister! What happened?"as she rushes to her side.

Meagan waves her off, "I'm fine, just stunned. It's powerful, whatever they are facing is very dangerous." Cyanna then helps Meagan to her feet, "Felt like something Asha'rah would be familiar with."
    "Oh, you think they might be dead?" Sasheem asked hopefully, having just woken up from a brief nap he decided to take on the Lookout floor.

Retired Overlord

Auroc smiles.

“What Spirit. I expect nothing less from you Ishtar, daughter of Shek’hinah. Or you Ochazuke, Zxu’ro’s Chosen.”

“Anula was merely an initiate. Barely come into her power. Judge mine annointed not so harshly, I ask.”

The presence seems to lighten just a bit for Ishtar and Ochazuke, but amplify for the others to kneel.
    As the force pushing her down increased, Etrina only became even more furious at her situation. She was not one to take humiliation, especially of this particular type, just kneeling down.

Summoning ice beneath her hands, Etrina began pushing herself up using the ice as a slowly expanding crutch. The chill of the ice bite at her hands, but she barely felt it for the boiling hot anger keeping her hot in the face.

Auroc smiles.

His body fell leaden under the gaze of the Threshling god, the weight of strain and spiritual pressure slamming down on the left foot set before him.

It was a harrowing sensation he had not known for a long time. Not since the waves of memory crashed upon the island of his youth and threatened to swallow him into the seas surrounding Tanchozurujima.

Before the veil of the dark unknown, he stood before the presence of that little death that cowed instinct to submission.

Fear.

Struggling to maintain composure, quivering under the unresponsive mass, Ochazuke struggled to tilt his gaze upward; to look into the roaring eyes of Auroc, fighting against the voiceless echo that rend its icy fingers through his soul to maintain composure.

How...does he know...our names...?

His eyes widened briefly, under the duress of the small revelation his concentration thinned for a moment as he slumped forward.

Why did he know that name?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Totoma had been away from Karine for six entire months? Sarada chuckled. She supposed some distance would do them some good. They were already dependent on one another; well, he was dependent on her. Spending some time apart would cultivate that independence that every relationship needed to not fall apart the moment the two were separated. It did wonders for her and Ishtar, even though they had been together pretty much every day for the last several months.

Hm. I guess that's another plus for leaving. Though, I can survive without Ishtar for a time.

"Wishing your mate back to life, hm?" She frowned. She hadn't heard from Totoma what his father did to him, but given the sorry state the half-breed was in when she first met him, she had some ideas. Perhaps blaming him for his mother getting killed? Neglecting him and burying himself in his restaurant, until he eventually worked himself to death? Psychologically abused him? All valid guesses, but she supposed it wasn't any of her business. If Totoma wanted her to know, he could tell her when he was ready. If not, then she wasn't about to stay up at night trying to figure it out. "I've heard nothing but good things about his cooking, so I'm excited to meet him." Also, she wanted to see the human who sired a child with a Saiyan woman, who were notoriously hard to please. Cooking was a fast way to a woman's heart, but surely there was more to him than that?

Oh. She recalled hearing that he beat her when they fought. Heh. Yeah, that'd do it.

In the meantime, Tasure was going to be staying with the group to kick ass. Damn it. She would show up the day before Sarada was going to leave. That meant that Parsley was going to see the legend in action and not...

OH SHIT!

"Uh... that's great, Tasure. Um, fair warning: my sister's also staying with this group for that exact same reason."

Great. There was little doubt that Parsley still resented that guarantee Tasure made about ending her reign early if she won the crown. Even if it seemed that everything she said to Gangal during their match was only a bluff to psych her out, the mother of a half-breed probably didn't take too kindly to it, regardless. Oh, joy. She was going to miss that fight.

Sigh.
    "Yes. Despite his mistake... I..." Tasure paused and grumbled. She had never been one for overt emotion. "...want to see him again. But he'll have to make up for those mistakes. Not to me, but our son. Then, maybe we can go back to how things were. And... well, considering how Kari and Toto go at it, it would be a damn shame for him to not meet his grandchildren. Because it's going to happen sooner or later."

Tasure's expression didn't change one whit when Sarada mentioned that Parsley was staying with the group. "I see. Probably still pissed about my promise to... depose her, I assume? Hmph, I suppose we'll eat that horse when we get to it. Until then, I... look forward to seeing her in action. Prick or not, your sister is quite the rare talent."

A yawn sounded out at Totoma approached the group, scratching the back of his head. It appeared that he had just woken up. "Ahh, hey mom, didn't expect to see you. Couldn't pass up a part, huh?"

Tasure regarded her son out of the corner of her eye. "Lazing about? If you have have time for that, you have time to train. Especially now that your body's just about recovered from all that self-abuse."

"Geez, on my ass already? Heh, you never change."

"And neither do you, apparently." She shook her head. "...good job not backing down against Jagam. But... you need to get off your ass and do some actual training instead of just relying on talent."

Totoma was silent for a moment, then responded. "...yes ma'am. So, um.... where's Kari? She was with you, and I... don't sense her..."

"She'll be here soon enough, and I'll be sending you two out to find Aiden... and revive your father using the Namekian Dragon Balls," said Tasure. "She'll be your training partner. I don't care if you two fuck each other silly, but if I find out that you haven't been busting your ass to get stronger, I am going to do the ass-busting for you. Do I make myself clear?"

"Mom, I..."

"Do. I. Make. My. Self. Clear?"

"...yes."

"Good."

Totoma looked around. "So... did I miss anything while I was napping?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.