Page 339 of 782 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's eyes sparkled at the 'boon', and despite that sickly sweet chuckle guided by the unseen God -- save for the eye that stared, bloodshot, and sickly -- spilled forth from his ... Anula's lips, the Oni's fell silent as it was considered.

It was after all, what she first sought.

Knowledge enough to piece the veil that shielded the Threshling from prying eyes ...

Yet Zaofan, the Well-Meaning, spoke true. This was a taunt, a challenge, and a smug assertion all rolled into one offer, one boon ... a paltry pittance.

Yet Ishtar knew well, who she was. What she would be. Understood better now her place in this Universe, and what had transpired to bring her into this fated existence. She knew well too, that there were beings who transcended even this God. Nergal, even sealed as he was a familiar if unlikely threat. Marduk, the Oni Eater ... and again, Genesis.

So again, what was the Hermit God to her ?

A thing to be broken.

The moment passed then, Ishtar's decision made, and through parted lips and fanged grin; the golden-eyed Oni offered her response.

"I ... accept."
    Surprised by this, "Dang it," her words coming out with some effort, "Do this an you only make him more powerful, make you weaker. See what it did to that witch? Is that what you want?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Anula would have replied had her body not stiffened, her mouth falling open in a silent scream as a bloody red line opens upon her brow vertically. It opens wider and wider until a green and red eye, nearly the size of her forehead, gazes at them.

Ishtar knows that eye. The gaze of Auroc.

Just it’s presence alone staggers them all, bringing them down to their knees in supplication as if by their own will they wanted to worship him.

Anula’s mouth curls up as a male voice, seductive and powerful like a Siren’s song and beyond them speaks.

“Ahh.....Earth. Hmm, I see you.”
    From the Threshling witch's forehead sprang an eye, identical to that which had cast its gaze upon them on the journey here. Power overwhelming crashed down upon Asha'rah. Dominant power. Jealous power. Power that wanted all of creation to acknowledge its greatness. Even partially restored as she was, Asha'rah could not stand against the compulsion. Her legs gave way beneath her, and she floated softly to a kneeling position with a grace matched only by her lack of enthusiasm. Whatever being the eye belonged to identified itself as Auroc, and the master of this witch. The master of the Threshling species. This being was forcing some of the greatest warriors in the universe to their knees with its presence alone. This being was forcing a god to her knees. Diminished or no, it was still an impressive feat.

She tried to get up. No good - the very act felt anathema to her body. She tried to raise her head. The strain was immense, and even if she could what use would it be to lock gazes with an eye that projected power over all it saw? There was no need for such ego here. She closed her eyes and shed such needless, base desires, sinking deeper into the ocean of meditative tranquility within.

Getting up would be incredibly difficult and yield little in reward - it was, after all, exactly what Auroc's aura was designed to stop. Instead, Asha'rah allowed herself to fall further forward, faceplanting into the ground. Then, with some effort, she rolled onto her back and brought her hands behind her head, palms facing her like a cushion. To a casual observer, it looked like Asha'rah had simply lain down to enjoy the sun and sky. This being wanted dominance. It demanded worship.

"Gods have no use for worship."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    From the Threshling witch's forehead sprang an eye, identical to that which had cast its gaze upon them on the journey here. Power overwhelming crashed down upon Asha'rah. Dominant power. Jealous power. Power that wanted all of creation to acknowledge its greatness. Even partially restored as she was, Asha'rah could not stand against the compulsion. Her legs gave way beneath her, and she floated softly to a kneeling position with a grace matched only by her lack of enthusiasm. Whatever being the eye belonged to identified itself as Auroc, and the master of this witch. The master of the Threshling species. This being was forcing some of the greatest warriors in the universe to their knees with its presence alone. This being was forcing a god to her knees. Diminished or no, it was still an impressive feat.

She tried to get up. No good - the very act felt anathema to her body. She tried to raise her head. The strain was immense, and even if she could what use would it be to lock gazes with an eye that projected power over all it saw? There was no need for such ego here. She closed her eyes and shed such needless, base desires, sinking deeper into the ocean of meditative tranquility within.

Getting up would be incredibly difficult and yield little in reward - it was, after all, exactly what Auroc's aura was designed to stop. Instead, Asha'rah allowed herself to fall further forward, faceplanting into the ground. Then, with some effort, she rolled onto her back and brought her hands behind her head, palms facing her like a cushion. To a casual observer, it looked like Asha'rah had simply lain down to enjoy the sun and sky. This being wanted dominance. It demanded worship.

"Gods have no use for worship."
    Auroc’s eye gazes at her.

“Says the fallen one to one who hasn’t. Telling, that.”

Auroc seems...leery of Asha’rah. In fact, Asha’rah would find that slowly, the compulsion to bow or fall was lessening on her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Did Totoma's Kizuna have any effect on this compulsion?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar's eyes sparkled at the 'boon', and despite that sickly sweet chuckle guided by the unseen God -- save for the eye that stared, bloodshot, and sickly -- spilled forth from his ... Anula's lips, the Oni's fell silent as it was considered.

It was after all, what she first sought.

Knowledge enough to piece the veil that shielded the Threshling from prying eyes ...

Yet Zaofan, the Well-Meaning, spoke true. This was a taunt, a challenge, and a smug assertion all rolled into one offer, one boon ... a paltry pittance.

Yet Ishtar knew well, who she was. What she would be. Understood better now her place in this Universe, and what had transpired to bring her into this fated existence. She knew well too, that there were beings who transcended even this God. Nergal, even sealed as he was a familiar if unlikely threat. Marduk, the Oni Eater ... and again, Genesis.

So again, what was the Hermit God to her ?

A thing to be broken.

The moment passed then, Ishtar's decision made, and through parted lips and fanged grin; the golden-eyed Oni offered her response.

"I ... accept. But know this, O mighty Auroc." Ishtar added, eyes now twinkling with her own inner fire. "When we meet in the flesh, you and I ... I will show you the meaning of fear."
    “Fear is for mortals. I require only your love. All will love me. All will convert.”

There is a flash of...something. A thin line of dark lightning that sears up through Ishtar’s arm in the shape of Auroc’s eye.

The god grins.

“The boon is granted and accepted. My mark likes your flesh, Ishtar. You’ll soon see the light.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: Did Totoma's Kizuna have any effect on this compulsion?
    It did indeed.

IC:

Totoma’s power, linking everyone, helps ease the burden. The compulsion seems to drop by half, allowing people to at least not fall to their knees, even if they are still bowed somewhat.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Something... something was happening. Parsley didn't know, but she could rise to one foot. There! That's what I need to resist! She dug down and searched within herself. Whatever this thing was inside her, she sought to find more of it.
    For the briefest of seconds, a small yellow streak of light snaps across her being, giving her just enough power to stand upright. She can’t really move, but she’s not bowed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unsteady at first, Dash struggles to her feet until she is standing. "Wanna be god who bullies his way to power ain't nothing. Your weakness is isolation, needs to see others down on their knees to feel powerful. Without that, your just another Jagam, pathetic."
    “I don’t need you to bow, child. You’ll want to all on your own.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I'm here!"

Sarada landed next to Ishtar, primed and ready to clash fists and take ass. She grinned and looked around, only to find... Anula, the Threshling witch... and no one else. And it seemed Anula was just about done.

"What the fuck? I came all this way for this... Hng!"

What? A sudden feeling came over her, one that compelled her to kneel before the witch. "What... the... hell?" Wait, no, not the witch. That... eye on her forehead. She had never seen it before, but she knew that this was what Meagan was talking about.

Her knees buckled under the tremendous strain her spirit was under. The attempt to subjugate her was powerful, but she wasn't bowing to anyone. She didn't come all that way to bend at the knee before some eyeball. She came to fight!

"I don't know who you are, you bastard," she snarled, the strain to stay upright evidently in every word. "But, I don't bow to anyone." Her foot stomped forward to keep herself upright.
    “You will. Saiyans are merely too hard nosed. But you’ll accept my love eventually.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

For the briefest of seconds, a small yellow streak of light snaps across her being, giving her just enough power to stand upright. She can’t really move, but she’s not bowed.
    What was that?

Parsley was able to stand upright. How curious was the source of her sudden power, a yellow streak of light from within.

"Do you see," Parsley spoke, "how many of us reject your love? Even the weakest among us can defy a god!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It did indeed.

IC:

Totoma’s power, linking everyone, helps ease the burden. The compulsion seems to drop by half, allowing people to at least not fall to their knees, even if they are still bowed somewhat.
    The burden having been lessened by her son's timely usage of Kizuna--such an interesting technique--Tasure managed to achingly bring herself to a stand... a bowed stand, but a stand nonetheless. However, the effort was still monumental. But... she was proud of Totoma in this moment. Whether it had been quick thinking or simply instinct to present a unified front--solidarity--with his friends, he'd managed to ease the burden of this... compulsion a great deal.

Totoma, too, got to his feet, grinning defiantly at the red and green eyed... thing... possessing the Threshling Priestess. So was this guy another big bad? Well, he seemed strong--way stronger than he was at the moment--but that just got his blood pumping. Once he was on his way to Namek, he'd put in extra effort in his training, so he could deck this guy in the schnoz.

"Son... of a bitch... I... bow to no one..." Tasure focused her power, trying to stand completely upright. She dug as deep as possible, trying to bring out every bit of power she had, available or otherwise.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-09-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“You will. Saiyans are merely too hard nosed. But you’ll accept my love eventually.”
    Sarada snorted derisively. "You force those weaker than you to worship you and call it love. I call that insecurity. There's only one person whose love I've accepted, and that's Ishtar."

Still she struggled. She refused to give this being what it wanted. She would fight until she dropped dead, but she would never become lower than anyone else. She wasn't just a Saiyan, she was the Saiyan! The Saiyan Queen, Sarada!

She noticed Parsley standing tall after struggling herself. Good. She could also feel the power of Totoma's Kizuna technique coursing through her, lessening the compulsion and giving her the power to resist and defy.

"See? The love of friends and family is all I need. Take your thirst for validation and go fuck yourself."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held had prepared a pointed rebuttal, explaining that whatever had caught the rest of their team unaware, and put them in such danger was clearly some sort of trap. After all, if they seemed to be after the witch, it seemed far too much of a coincidence that they would be delayed by something that seemed to be exponentially more powerful.

Of course, Sarada spoke her mind at a feverish pace, flying off before Held could mumble much more than:

"Er...."

The Nevadian laughed.

"Screw it. Why not push my luck today....I guess I should have expected the day wouldn't be that easy...."

And I hate to admit it, but Sarada did have a point...I was beginning to get kind of bored, anyways.

He turned towards Charco, annoyed that his plans had been interrupted. "Rain, check, right?"

Held didn't wait for an answer.

Gallop!

In a blink of an eye, The Nevadian vanished from the center of the lookout, his movements kicking up a mighty gale, arriving at the edge of the lookout almost instantly.

Taking a deep breath, he dove from the edge, plunging towards the earth below.

To those on the lookout who bothered to pay attention, they would notice no ki flaring, no flight, nor other sign that Held had opted for anything other than flinging his body at the earth below.

A moment later, a ruby red ship, the Great Galloping rose into the sky, coming to a stop just above the lookouts tallest tower, it's thrusters humming gently as it floated in the sky.

"Feel free to hop on if you're fast enough..." a familiar voice said calmly over the loudspeakers, "If not, I'll see you there, or when we get back."

The ship began to move slowly, doing a half circle around the lookout, before accelerating in the direction of Sarada and the others, it's blue afterburners roaring to life as it departed.
    A puff of smoke appeared inside the ship which dispersed to reveal Jack cracking his knuckles.

"Welp, looks like we're getting dealt into another hand, huh Held?" he asked the Nevadian.

"Stakes are always getting raised, too," he muttered.

“Fear is for mortals. I require only your love. All will love me. All will convert.”

There is a flash of...something. A thin line of dark lightning that sears up through Ishtar’s arm in the shape of Auroc’s eye.

The god grins.

“The boon is granted and accepted. My mark likes your flesh, Ishtar. You’ll soon see the light.”
    Ishtar chuckled as the mark of her compact with Auroc was seared upon the flesh of her arm.

"The Threshling God lusts for that which he cannot have. I believe that is ... coveting. How quaint. How ... mortal."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Dash, with Iris’s help, you resist.

Etrina, knowing Zaofan is there and resisting seems to bolster you. You still cannot resist as he does, but you are no longer bowed.

Parsley, something deep within you helps you regain one foot, no longer kneeling.
    It did indeed.

IC:

Zaofan notices a few starting to stand better, and turns back to Etrina. Holding her hand for support, he helps to lift her up. "Allow me to help... Mistress." He flashes an easy smile, then turns back to Auroc.