Page 341 of 782 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada let out a hefty sigh when the entity was finally repelled and retreated back to whatever hole it crawled out from. Trying to resist was the hardest thing she had ever tried to do. While Totoma's Kizuna helped a lot, it was still like trying to stop breathing. Her body wanted to go along with the urges, but her mind knew it was exactly what that asshole eyeball wanted.

Whoever it was, it was over.

Sarada scanned the group to see if anyone was hurt. It didn't appear to be so, but looks could be deceiving. Besides, this was a mental attack, and those injuries were never visible to the naked eye.

"Tch," she grunted. "I come all this way for a good fight and have to deal with this shit." She walked over to Ishtar. It seemed that thing's attention was focused mostly on her, the asshole. "You okay?" She touched the mark on her arm. "Why'd you go and make a deal with that clown? You really think he won't try and bring you under his sway with this mark?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The sound of dry laughter echoed through the mountains from the loudspeaker. "Hah. Cute."

The laughter ended as soon as it began, "This bad boy can make the run from here to Nevada in little over a week."

Pegasus? What's she---Oh, right. She's that Pegasus tribe warrior, isn't she?

Something about the Girl--Dash's--Impertinence irked the Nevadian more than he would have liked to admit, and he struggled not to return the favor in kind.

Don't take the bait Held, rise above it, you're better than this.

" I thought you'd be happy that I got here as fast as I could to bail you out, Meagan and Cyanna were turning pale over you, you know."

Try as he might to maintain his apathetic tone, a hint of mockery slipped into his words.

"....I guess they knew when a Pegasus can't cut it, you send in the Unicorns."

....Well, I'm disappointed in myself now.

Inside the ship, the Nevadian pressed a button, muting the intercom.

"Jack....." The Nevadian turned towards his co-pilot, a quizzical expression on his face "What the hell's a Pegasus?"
    Dash knew exactly what was going on with Meagan and Cyanna. The fact that they weren't here told her that they trusted her to stand up for herself, their support todl her that they weren't abandoning her. Having friends like them meant a lot to her.

She also knew she shouldn't have goaded this guy, she knew he was more powerful than she was. However, showing up in a spaceship when she and he others were facing a potentially dangerous enemy irked her. Though, she did wonder if he really did have Unicorns on his home world. It would be kind of cool to actually get to see one up close.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash knew exactly what was going on with Meagan and Cyanna. The fact that they weren't here told her that they trusted her to stand up for herself, their support todl her that they weren't abandoning her. Having friends like them meant a lot to her.

She also knew she shouldn't have goaded this guy, she knew he was more powerful than she was. However, showing up in a spaceship when she and he others were facing a potentially dangerous enemy irked her. Though, she did wonder if he really did have Unicorns on his home world. It would be kind of cool to actually get to see one up close.

note this happens after Qaztoh use her teleportation device to teleport her and Praxat where Dash and the others are. it also happens after Qaztoh talks about doing modifications to the space ship she's still looking at.

Qaztoh is still looking at the spaceship saying " yeah I could defiantly trick that out with Modifications." Praxat looks at Dash saying " so does any one mind telling me what's up with that spacecraft ?" " also would any one mind filling me in as what went on here ?" Qaztoh examines the spacecraft saying " hmm I wonder what type of engine it uses?"

Qaztoh then thinks about what Sandra said to her saying " Sandra told me I'll never be better ruler than my mother if I don't try." " and she's right I do have something my mother doesn't have." " I have Praxat." " she always kept me in line whenever I got too cocky even when I was a kid."

" I guess that's why my father appointed her as my personal servant when I was little and of course my mother took the credit for it calming it was her idea ." " well father if you listen up there in Heaven Thank you for appointing Praxat as my servant."

OOC: okay I address Sub-Zero MKA post to me that I missed. better later than never huh.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-10-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Parsley shook the final of the cobwebs out before standing upright. Hair swept by the winds sweeping across what was left of the mountain, her eyes cast upward, past the Nevadian's ship to the stars that laid beyond. That... false god is out there. Somewhere. Never in her life had she been trifled with in such a way. To have her dignity and pride snatched away with such force... it was unlike anything. Even her loss at the tournament weeks ago paled in comparison. At least then, she had some say in the matter.

This time, her will was nearly completely subjugated.

No, not nearly.

It infuriated her to no end. No one made a mockery of her.

And yet.

Had such a damning trial not occurred, she would not have beheld the spark through which her power excelled that of even a god. The yellow light that allowed her to defy the will of one who would be worshiped by the entire universe. At the time, she had no idea what it was, but sought more of it to help her stand tall. Now that she had some time to meditate on it, it was clear what it was.

The golden glow through which a Saiyan achieve her ultimate power. The legends said that Vocado was enveloped in a similar glow when he defeated Glacier two millennia ago.

The almighty Super Saiyan.

A small smile touched her lips. Within her was the power to achieve that lofty goal, one that only a literal handful of Saiyans had managed to achieve since Vocado first broke the threshold.

I now have a goal. I will devote myself to achieve this peak. I will ascend to heights only a few Saiyans have ever reached. My name will instantly become legendary.

Sarada could keep the crown. Parsley no longer had any interest in it. Her goal was of a loftier sort.

Although, there was little doubt that her sister would also achieve this grand feat. But, the elder child of Lettise and Guar would achieve it first.

She glanced at the broken body of the Threshling witch, hidden in the rubble after being thrown backward by the recoil of a severed connection with her so-called "god". No one's spirit was broken more thoroughly than hers. To be used as nothing more than a flesh puppet, the once proud Threshling would undoubtedly spin this into her willingly giving her body to him, but Parsley knew better.

She stepped forward toward where she saw her last, intent on carrying her to the Lookout, where she would undoubtedly serve her time as their "guest". She had half a mind to kill her still, but an agreement was made. Several, in fact. For someone so old, the Oni was too willing to make pacts with enemies.

No matter. It was her problem, not Parsley's.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Auroc screams faintly, Ochazuke’s blow ringing through the world as the connection is severed, a mortal defying a god and winning. The bloody rent in Anula’s forehead closes sharply, never again to open, her body thrown backwards amidst the debris of the wilds.

The presence, that cloying sweet and demanding subservience presence is cast aside, broken, gone.

Beauty and sound and smell seems to rush back to everyone as the gentle breeze tickles their hair, the smell of flowers in the fields and bird song in the air replaces his presence and tells them that this is Earth, and it will not stand one such as he.
    If it wasn't for the supernatural forces thrust upon them, Zaofan would have a higher opinion of this place. Still, with the presence of Auroc gone and Anula relatively back to normal (though tossed aside), the area returned to nature's beauty.

Still, there are legends of spirits causing the tops of trees to sway in the wind but no wind felt at all by those on the ground. And how does one defend against that, anyway? For now, Zaofan holds onto Etrina and looks around to see the others recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada let out a hefty sigh when the entity was finally repelled and retreated back to whatever hole it crawled out from. Trying to resist was the hardest thing she had ever tried to do. While Totoma's Kizuna helped a lot, it was still like trying to stop breathing. Her body wanted to go along with the urges, but her mind knew it was exactly what that asshole eyeball wanted.

Sarada scanned the group to see if anyone was hurt. It didn't appear to be so, but looks could be deceiving. Besides, this was a mental attack, and those injuries were never visible to the naked eye.

"Tch," she grunted. "I come all this way for a good fight and have to deal with this shit." She walked over to Ishtar. It seemed that thing's attention was focused mostly on her, the asshole. "You okay?" She touched the mark on her arm. "Why'd you go and make a deal with that clown? You really think he won't try and bring you under his sway with this mark?"
    Zaofan interjects, angry at the powerlessness, just as much as his anger against the false god. "Moreso, it seemed that making a deal was the main protection of Auroc's power. He could've flattened us easily if it wasn't for Ishtar's deal. Or worse. How do we plan to fight him directly? How do we defend against that? Especially if he gets his clutches on Ishtar, forreal forreal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan interjects, angry at the powerlessness, just as much as his anger against the false god. "Moreso, it seemed that making a deal was the main protection of Auroc's power. He could've flattened us easily if it wasn't for Ishtar's deal. Or worse. How do we plan to fight him directly? How do we defend against that? Especially if he gets his clutches on Ishtar, forreal forreal?
    "Simple," Sarada answered. "We grow strong. We ascend. He ran in fear when Ochazuke attacked him. That proves he can be hurt by us lowly mortals, even as relatively weak as we are. Once we grow our powers to new heights, he will have no choice but to fear the rest of us."

Through different means, they all defied him. Through spirit, through power, through pride, or the protection of another. That proved that Auroc's sway wasn't as absolute as he thought. For a god, that he had trouble forcing tribute from mortals showed that he wasn't as strong as Zaofan may have thought.

"He won't get his hands on Ishtar. I'll kill him myself before that happens." Her voice was gravely serious, even if her words perhaps were a slightly empty threat. Emptiness of ability aside, the intent was true. She would defend and protect her love from anyone, even one who likened himself a deity.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Simple," Sarada answered. "We grow strong. We ascend. He ran in fear when Ochazuke attacked him. That proves he can be hurt by us lowly mortals, even as relatively weak as we are. Once we grow our powers to new heights, he will have no choice but to fear the rest of us."

Through different means, they all defied him. Through spirit, through power, through pride, or the protection of another. That proved that Auroc's sway wasn't as absolute as he thought. For a god, that he had trouble forcing tribute from mortals showed that he wasn't as strong as Zaofan may have thought.

"He won't get his hands on Ishtar. I'll kill him myself before that happens." Her voice was gravely serious, even if her words perhaps were a slightly empty threat. Emptiness of ability aside, the intent was true. She would defend and protect her love from anyone, even one who likened himself a deity.
    "Hmph." Saiyan pride. "I doubt he'll stand still long enough for us to punch him, no matter the strength. Still, if his powers are more esoteric than we can handle currently, then we need more information."

He hovers to Anula's limp body, picks it up by the neck with one hand, hovers back to Sarada and Ishtar, and plops her body to the ground. "Information is one of Ishtar's fortes."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Auroc screams faintly, Ochazuke’s blow ringing through the world as the connection is severed, a mortal defying a god and winning. The bloody rent in Anula’s forehead closes sharply, never again to open, her body thrown backwards amidst the debris of the wilds.

The presence, that cloying sweet and demanding subservience presence is cast aside, broken, gone.

Beauty and sound and smell seems to rush back to everyone as the gentle breeze tickles their hair, the smell of flowers in the fields and bird song in the air replaces his presence and tells them that this is Earth, and it will not stand one such as he.
    When it was done, and when the self proclaimed God was beaten back by mortal-kind, Ishtar chuckled.

"What a fool, this Threshling God."

Though in some ways, so was she.

Forging a pact with another entity was always a gamble, their influence would be ever present, clawing at the door to the mind and soul, all but begging for entry ... and yet based on this meeting alone, the Oni was confident that Auroc would never succeed ... His presence had been fought against by strength of will, and bonds forged through the crucible of combat; and even by something so simple as the knowledge of who she -- Ishtar herself -- was.

For now at least, she would play by the rules proffered by the Hermit God, would take Anula and strip her of the information she would need to twist Auroc's magic and bend it to her will ... and when such had been accomplished ?

"He will regret this 'boon'."

Though ... speaking of Anula ...

The golden-eyed Oni walked over to where the Threshling Witch had been flung, and unceremoniously scraped her from that ruined mountain top. "Wake up, Anula. Your Hermit God has judged ... you are to teach me all you know."

Returning to the others then, even as they scraped themselves from the prostration that had been forced upon them, Ishtar smiled at Sarada as she ran her hands across marked flesh, and asked three important questions.

The Oni smiled.

"I am fine. Despite his boasts, Auroc had little power over me, merely what I deigned to offer in the end." She replied, still smiling. "In truth, I saw through his honeyed words the moment he opened the mouth of his puppet. Which is why, in part, I agreed to his ... boon." Ishtar then explained.

"He seeks validation, and love; things no God should want. Yet forces his will upon those who would defy him ... and has emboldened the xenophobia of a warmongering species ..."

There was a flicker of that inner fire -- and the Hakai that danced along with it -- in her golden eyes, before Ishtar then said.

"I will kill this would-be God, but I will break him first."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Hmph." Saiyan pride. "I doubt he'll stand still long enough for us to punch him, no matter the strength. Still, if his powers are more esoteric than we can handle currently, then we need more information."

He hovers to Anula's limp body, picks it up by the neck with one hand, hovers back to Sarada and Ishtar, and plops her body to the ground. "Information is one of Ishtar's fortes."
    Zaofan was right about one thing. If they were going to face this "god" in combat and defeat him, they needed information on his abilities. They could do what they did for Jagam and make a wish to learn all they could about him, but why waste a wish when they had one of his disciples right there?

One has to wonder how a race as supposedly powerful as the Threshling came under complete servitude to Auroc. If we could deny him, even if for a little while, then they most certainly could. Unless their will is weaker than they let on. It would explain how Anula didn't even put up a fight. Maybe she wasn't able.

Sarada raised an eyebrow when the witch was tossed unceremoniously to the ground. She gave her a hard kick to the ribs to help wake her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When it was done, and when the self proclaimed God was beaten back by mortal-kind, Ishtar chuckled.

"What a fool, this Threshling God."

Though in some ways, so was she.

Forging a pact with another entity was always a gamble, their influence would be ever present, clawing at the door to the mind and soul, all but begging for entry ... and yet based on this meeting alone, the Oni was confident that Auroc would never succeed ... His presence had been fought against by strength of will, and bonds forged through the crucible of combat; and even by something so simple as the knowledge of who she -- Ishtar herself -- was.

For now at least, she would play by the rules proffered by the Hermit God, would take Anula and strip her of the information she would need to twist Auroc's magic and bend it to her will ... and when such had been accomplished ?

"He will regret this 'boon'."

Though ... speaking of Anula ...

The golden-eyed Oni walked over to where the Threshling Witch had been flung, and unceremoniously scraped her from that ruined mountain top. "Wake up, Anula. Your Hermit God has judged ... you are to teach me all you know."

Returning to the others then, even as they scraped themselves from the prostration that had been forced upon them, Ishtar smiled at Sarada as she ran her hands across marked flesh, and asked three important questions.

The Oni smiled.

"I am fine. Despite his boasts, Auroc had little power over me, merely what I deigned to offer in the end." She replied, still smiling. "In truth, I saw through his honeyed words the moment he opened the mouth of his puppet. Which is why, in part, I agreed to his ... boon." Ishtar then explained.

"He seeks validation, and love; things no God should want. Yet forces his will upon those who would defy him ... and has emboldened the xenophobia of a warmongering species ..."

There was a flicker of that inner fire -- and the Hakai that danced along with it -- in her golden eyes, before Ishtar then said.

"I will kill this would-be God, but I will break him first."
    Ishtar accepted because she knew that Auroc had no sway over her. She saw through him right from the beginning.

Sarada, when she arrived, noticed that Ishtar was among the few who remained tall while the others were on their knees. Such an amazing creature her love was. Easily throwing the lust for love and worship back into the face of this "Hermit God" as she called him. A fitting name for one who ran away screaming.

"I wonder what affect killing him will have on the Threshling. If this one," she gestured to Anula, "is any indication, they're completely sold on his bullshit. Maybe he has them brainwashed or they're really that weak-willed and stupid. One will have a significantly better outcome than the other, that much I do know."

The heir apparent to the role of GoD would soon show Auroc what a true god(dess) was. Sarada hoped she was there to see the look on his face just before he drew his final breath. It was in those moments that one saw what a person truly was on the inside, once pride, pomp, and bravado had been thoroughly stripped clean. What was left was usually an ugly caricature of the mask they wore to fool their followers.

Heh.

"Before you kill him, at least let me get a few punches in. He needs to learn that Queens don't bow. Especially not this Queen."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    note this happens after Qaztoh use her teleportation device to teleport her and Praxat where Dash and the others are. it also happens after Qaztoh talks about doing modifications to the space ship she's still looking at.

Qaztoh is still looking at the spaceship saying " yeah I could defiantly trick that out with Modifications." Praxat looks at Dash saying " so does any one mind telling me what's up with that spacecraft ?" " also would any one mind filling me in as what went on here ?" Qaztoh examines the spacecraft saying " hmm I wonder what type of engine it uses?"

Qaztoh then thinks about what Sandra said to her saying " Sandra told me I'll never be better ruler than my mother if I don't try." " and she's right I do have something my mother doesn't have." " I have Praxat." " she always kept me in line whenever I got too cocky even when I was a kid."

" I guess that's why my father appointed her as my personal servant when I was little and of course my mother took the credit for it calming it was her idea ." " well father if you listen up there in Heaven Thank you for appointing Praxat as my servant."

OOC: okay I address Sub-Zero MKA post to me that I missed. better later than never huh.
    "Hey, Praxat." Dash seemed tired as she spoke, "Good thing you wern't here. Didn't expect to be dealing with a crazy god, you should have stayed at the Lookout. Especially your princess. Don't worry none about the spaceship, it's just a toy Held is using to keep from getting involved."

Looking distracted, she was receiving a telepathic message from Meagan as she and Cyanna returned to the Lookout. Looking around her again, she walked towards the others.

"Hey, Praxat." Dash seemed tired as she spoke, "Good thing you wern't here. Didn't expect to be dealing with a crazy god, you should have stayed at the Lookout. Especially your princess. Don't worry none about the spaceship, it's just a toy Held is using to keep from getting involved."

Looking distracted, she was receiving a telepathic message from Meagan as she and Cyanna returned to the Lookout. Looking around her again, she walked towards the others.

Praxat replies to this saying " a crazy god huh dammit I missed all the action." " I just don't want to sit on my butt all down during nothing ." " if the earth is in danger I want to protect it too." " speaking of which my skin is regain it's moist being ."

" I guess it's because we're no longer in a dried environment." speaking of the Lookout " Qaztoh you left Khan alone with all of your inventions do you think that's wise?" " especially when one of those inventions might happen to be a deadly killer robot?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " well it's not supposed to be that it just has a major glitch in it's system."

Qaztoh thinks about it then realizes the situation saying " oh shit he better not being messing with my inventions." Qaztoh uses her device which is on her right wrist to quickly teleport back to the Lookout.

OOC: I look at Praxat current power level on Cleric's chart and currently it's at 40,000.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The sound of dry laughter echoed through the mountains from the loudspeaker. "Hah. Cute."

The laughter ended as soon as it began, "This bad boy can make the run from here to Nevada in little over a week."

Pegasus? What's she---Oh, right. She's that Pegasus tribe warrior, isn't she?

Something about the Girl--Dash's--Impertinence irked the Nevadian more than he would have liked to admit, and he struggled not to return the favor in kind.

Don't take the bait Held, rise above it, you're better than this.

" I thought you'd be happy that I got here as fast as I could to bail you out, Meagan and Cyanna were turning pale over you, you know."

Try as he might to maintain his apathetic tone, a hint of mockery slipped into his words.

"....I guess they knew when a Pegasus can't cut it, you send in the Unicorns."

....Well, I'm disappointed in myself now.

Inside the ship, the Nevadian pressed a button, muting the intercom.

"Jack....." The Nevadian turned towards his co-pilot, a quizzical expression on his face "What the hell's a Pegasus?"
    "I think it's like this guy...with long Whit hair and one eye. And he acts really campy, but it turns out he actually has been straight to the whole ti-..."

Pause.

"Wait no, Manco says it a horse with wings."

"You know what?" Jack turned to the Nevadian "Fuck this shit, Earth's safe, you got a ship let's just leave this place. Gotta be something more interesting up there, a fight, a wager, something right?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat replies to this saying " a crazy god huh dammit I missed all the action." " I just don't want to sit on my butt all down during nothing ." " if the earth is in danger I want to protect it too." " speaking of which my skin is regain it's moist being ."

" I guess it's because we're no longer in a dried environment." speaking of the Lookout " Qaztoh you left Khan alone with all of your inventions do you think that's wise?" " especially when one of those inventions might happen to be a deadly killer robot?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " well it's not supposed to be that it just has a major glitch in it's system."

Qaztoh thinks about it then realizes the situation saying " oh shit he better not being messing with my inventions." Qaztoh uses her device which is on her right wrist to quickly teleport back to the Lookout.

OOC: I look at Praxat current power level on Cleric's chart and currently it's at 40,000.
    OOC: It is kind of surprising that Praxat is stronger than Dash and Cyanna, but still Dash had help from Meagan and Cyanna. I think you'd need to be around Meagan's power level or greater to not have been crushed.

OOC: It is kind of surprising that Praxat is stronger than Dash and Cyanna, but still Dash had help from Meagan and Cyanna. I think you'd need to be around Meagan's power level or greater to not have been crushed.

OOC: yeah I'm surprise too.

IC: Praxat then heads back to the Lookout. later at the lookout Khan is running from a tiny bot that's trying to blast him saying " dammit I knew I should have mess with that darn thing and now the blast thing is trying to kill me. the robot talks in mechicnal voice saying " stand still so Mr. Gazakai can kill you." " you can not hide from Mr. Gazakai i puny fleshling Mr. Gazakai can smell your fear."

"Mr. Gazakai can do this all day. " Mr. Gazakai power level is through the roof it's over 9,000 maybe even over 90,000 nah scratch that Mr. Gazakai power level is infinite ( hyperbole statement Mr. Gazakai i power level is not infinite ) . " Khan then hides from the Robot in a room and the robot starts to look around for him saying " Mr. Gazakai is going to sing you a song puny fleshling it's a song about how much Mr. Gazakai wants to kill you ."

( Clean Version)

Qaztoh arrives at the Lookout in a flash of blue light and then sees her robot Mr. Gazakai running around trying to kill Khan saying " I told you not to mess with any of my inventions." Qaztoh thinks to herself (my species has a serious birthrate problem. we females have up to 1,000 or more babies at once. we can't possibly watch them all )

( that's something I need to fix when I become the Queen. I need to somehow find a way to lower my species birth rates so that the females will give birth to less children. yeah this something I defiantly have to do for the befit of my Kingdom. maybe I should ask Sandra for advice ? )

Qaztoh then hollers saying " hey if there's anybody else is on the Lookout besides Khan I would like your help in holding my robot down so I can deactivate it." " Praxat, Dash, anyone please help."

OOC: Mr. Gazakai personality is base on Mr. Zurkon's personality from Ratchet and Clank. Mr. Gazakai actually power level is a measly 4,000. so the robot is still more powerful than Khan is. pretty any PC can hold this thing down so Qaztoh can deactivate it.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-11-2018 at 04:33 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Ishtar accepted because she knew that Auroc had no sway over her. She saw through him right from the beginning.

Sarada, when she arrived, noticed that Ishtar was among the few who remained tall while the others were on their knees. Such an amazing creature her love was. Easily throwing the lust for love and worship back into the face of this "Hermit God" as she called him. A fitting name for one who ran away screaming.

"I wonder what affect killing him will have on the Threshling. If this one," she gestured to Anula, "is any indication, they're completely sold on his bullshit. Maybe he has them brainwashed or they're really that weak-willed and stupid. One will have a significantly better outcome than the other, that much I do know."

The heir apparent to the role of GoD would soon show Auroc what a true god(dess) was. Sarada hoped she was there to see the look on his face just before he drew his final breath. It was in those moments that one saw what a person truly was on the inside, once pride, pomp, and bravado had been thoroughly stripped clean. What was left was usually an ugly caricature of the mask they wore to fool their followers.

Heh.

"Before you kill him, at least let me get a few punches in. He needs to learn that Queens don't bow. Especially not this Queen."
    Ishtar considered what Sarada had to say a moment, before shrugging.

"I should say it does not matter. Auroc seems to prefer his supplicants give themselves over willingly, the Threshling seemingly have. Yet ... if his presence forces one to their knees, is it love or coercion ?" The Oni let the question hang a moment before grunting. "To say nothing of what was managed here. You heard it certainly, how he screamed ? Proof enough that this God knows pain, and perhaps fear ...

Though ... perhaps he was hindered by the vessel he took."

The Oni's golden eyes glanced over at Anula, before returning to focus on her lovely Sarada.

"You may not bow to Hermit Gods, but I know well what you do bow to," came the knowing -- and suggestive -- response. "In any case this ... game of cat, and mouse I have accepted. I suspect that despite knowing all will end as it should ... it will not be so simply as finding Auroc, and punching him. I will need help, assistance from others not bound to the Hermit ..."

The Oni sighed, before pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I also suspect Anula will be ... following me around, at least until she has imparted all she knows. Though I doubt she will cause further trouble. Her God has spoken, she will listen."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan