Page 344 of 782 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

What?

Sarada had been paying close attention, yet still managed to get lost. Anula just... forgot who Auroc was? She was pretty sure people didn't just forget the gods they worshiped. Unless this was an elaborate act so well done it managed to fool literally everyone, something wasn't right.

Auroc must have tampered with her mind in some way, wiped all memory of him from her brain or some shit. That was the only way to explain how or why this was happening. She wasn't sure if this constituted him going back on his agreement with Ishtar, but he certainly didn't honor the letter or spirit of the agreement. How could she learn about him if the one person among them who knew of him no longer remembered him?

It was stupid.

This entire ordeal was stupid and she just wanted to find a bed a lay down.

But first, I need to speak with Jinzi.

She had a thought about the run of "bad luck" Earth had been suffering recently. If she could convince the ruler of this world to form an alliance with the Saiyans, they could help fend off any invading force that decided that Earth would make a nice trophy for whatever reason. Sarada was already fighting for Earth despite not having anything to do with it; at least this was, she could make it official and not have to make excuses for every time she had to leave because something else was going wrong.

Besides, it was time to try and find some kind of allies out there to help change the perception of Saiyans in the universe. If people saw them helping instead of hurting, then that would be irrefutable evidence that they were serious about their reform.

"I need to talk to Jinzi about getting me a meeting with this planet's ruler," she said, mainly to herself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

OT: Cleric, is Jinzi still on the Lookout, or is he at Capsule Corp with Wilheim?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    OT: Cleric, is Jinzi still on the Lookout, or is he at Capsule Corp with Wilheim?
    Getting ready to head to CC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As the two departed, Ishtar offered them a quick telepathic 'thank you', before turning her attention toward Anula once again.

"I do not think you have eaten at all, today." Ishtar replied, somewhat bewildered by the way the day had gone. "There is no food here, that I know of, how er ... but there is some where we intend to go."Ishtar replied with a nod. "Once I hear back from Zaofan, and Dash, we will go ... yes ?"
    She nods happily.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Zaofan lands on the Lookout, and sees Dash also land just mere moments after. "Ah, Dash. Good. Let's try to look for Mr. Pantaloon, eh?"
    Praxat sees Zaofan and Dash as they land on the Lookout and waves at them. Qaztoh is looking though her inventions saying " you better not have touch anything else." Khan replies to this saying " look that bot was the only thing I messed with." " anyway what hell kind of a name is Mr. Gazakai? Qaztoh replies to this saying " Gazakai means Geo- Analyst Zeta Activate Karma Advisor Interface.

Qaztoh puts on a pair of boots and then starts to float in the air saying " these are hover boots that I invented." Qaztoh starts spinning around in circles saying " there's some kinks in them that need to be work out." Khan is stare at a strange looking suit saying " so what's that suit for?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " our that is a invention of my that allows one to phase though objects."

" I made a bunch of those suits for the Space Pirate group I was hanging out with." " so where's the food in this place I'm hungry and it better be good." " last place I ate at was terrible." Praxat replies to this saying " I'm sure you Qaztoh that the food on the Lookout is good."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Zaofan lands on the Lookout, and sees Dash also land just mere moments after. "Ah, Dash. Good. Let's try to look for Mr. Pantaloon, eh?"
    Dash and Zaofan were met by Cyanna, "Meagan is with Brother Jinzi, hurry he's about to leave."

Dash didn't question how her friend knew why they were there, she just tapped Zaofan, "Come on." Then followed Cyanna to where they were.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat sees Zaofan and Dash as they land on the Lookout and waves at them. Qaztoh is looking though her inventions saying " you better not have touch anything else." Khan replies to this saying " look that bot was the only thing I messed with." " anyway what hell kind of a name is Mr. Gazakai? Qaztoh replies to this saying " Gazakai means Geo- Analyst Zeta Activate Karma Advisor Interface.

Qaztoh puts on a pair of boots and then starts to float in the air saying " these are hover boots that I invented." Qaztoh starts spinning around in circles saying " there's some kinks in them that need to be work out." Khan is stare at a strange looking suit saying " so what's that suit for?" Qaztoh replies to this saying " our that is a invention of my that allows one to phase though objects."

" I made a bunch of those suits for the Space Pirate group I was hanging out with." " so where's the food in this place I'm hungry and it better be good." " last place I ate at was terrible." Praxat replies to this saying " I'm sure you Qaztoh that the food on the Lookout is good."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash and Zaofan were met by Cyanna, "Meagan is with Brother Jinzi, hurry he's about to leave."

Dash didn't question how her friend knew why they were there, she just tapped Zaofan, "Come on." Then followed Cyanna to where they were.
    Zaofan makes sure to wave back to Praxat as he follows Dash and Meagan to meet Jinzi.

Zaofan makes sure to wave back to Praxat as he follows Dash and Meagan to meet Jinzi.
    Qaztoh deactivates her hover boots and lands on the ground she then takes them off saying " so is there a room here I can stay at and put my inventions in?" Praxat replies to this saying "I'll ask Kai about that, but first I'm taking you to the kitchen. Qaztoh follows Praxat to the kitchen leaving Khan alone with her inventions. Khan looks at Qaztoh's inventions saying " wow that Toadian princess sure does a whole lot of inventing."

"I think there's at lest maybe 100 inventions here or more." " of I learn my lesson I 'm not messing with any of those inventions . " the last one tried to kill me." Khan walks on to Qaztoh's ship and then discovers something in a high tech tube .

he looks at the stuff saying " now this is strange what in the hell is this stuff." Khan looks at the vial but it's in alien language as he says " huh I can't read want's on this label but this looks like some kind of strange alien herb. " Khan spots some of the herb lying on the ground and picks it up. he picks it up , sniffs it and yells out loud " what the hell this stuff smells just like Marijuana but stronger. "

" shit is this stuff some kind of space weed?" the label on the tube that Khan can't read if translated into English would read the Juppter plant other wise know as Space Weed. only legal in only nine star systems where it's use for medical purposes. Khan looks around and founds a whole stash of the stuff yelling " sweet Jimmy cricket there's like a ton of this shit on this spaceship."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "I think it's like this guy...with long Whit hair and one eye. And he acts really campy, but it turns out he actually has been straight to the whole ti-..."

Pause.

"Wait no, Manco says it a horse with wings."

"You know what?" Jack turned to the Nevadian "Fuck this shit, Earth's safe, you got a ship let's just leave this place. Gotta be something more interesting up there, a fight, a wager, something right?"
    If Held was confused by Dash's comparison between Pegasus and Unicorns, he was outright bewildered at this point.

"Who the hell's Manco?" Held asked his companion, who answered the Nevadian as if he was consulting someone.

....I guess we all have our quirks, I suppose. But what the hell is he going on about? And what was that first thing he was going on about?

Held paused momentarily, contemplating Jack's offer. He glanced out of the ships windows, looking at the scene below. They all seemed to be conversing about something or other, so casually as to make the Nevadian wonder if he had wasted his time even coming to enter the 'fray' to begin with.

"Well.....I suppose if it was important, they'd be more worked up, wouldn't they?" Held admitted, rubbing his chin in thought, "And it's not like Jinzi wouldn't call me if there's anything actually requiring my attention...."

From Helds tone of voice, it was clear that he was looking for reasons not to head Jack's council, as opposed to the opposite.

"I mean, Jagam is dead, from the looks of it, Ishtar is doing---I don't know--something, with that witch now.....Hmm."

He pursed his lips together in thought. He was indeed quite bored. He had been circling the lookout for this very reason, hadn't he? And no sooner than the moment he finds something to do, a supposed 'emergency' appeared. Which, while thrilling for the 30 seconds in which he faced a very mortal danger of being forced to crash his own ship, had vanished, leaving the bored restless energy once more.

"....Okay, let me check my mood thermometer to be sure." Held explained, looking out the window for something in particular.

"Well, Zao is good." Held said with a laugh, flashing a wide smile, "I guess that means we're good to go, then....Any ideas?"

Maybe Jack will be able to help me figure out what the hell to do on this planet now that I've got nothing but time to spare....I didn't think I'd be on vacation so soon, but screw it, I deserve a little fun now and then, right?

The Arcosian GP Liutenant looked on as the defenders of Earth returned. He had many questions as to exactly what sort of danger they had faced, though from their conversations it was clear that they were of the magical variety, particularly that of the Threshlings. The drones had no such defense against this, but the robotic warriors to be deployed on Earth were equipped to deal with such mystical threats.

For now, however, Blizzar supposed he had a meeting with the President of Earth to prepare for. A man that the Queen of the Saiyans also seemed interested in meeting. Blizzar chuckled to himself slightly. This trip to Earth may prove amusing more amusing than he thought.

Before he began preparations, there were other matters to attend to, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    If Held was confused by Dash's comparison between Pegasus and Unicorns, he was outright bewildered at this point.

"Who the hell's Manco?" Held asked his companion, who answered the Nevadian as if he was consulting someone.

....I guess we all have our quirks, I suppose. But what the hell is he going on about? And what was that first thing he was going on about?

Held paused momentarily, contemplating Jack's offer. He glanced out of the ships windows, looking at the scene below. They all seemed to be conversing about something or other, so casually as to make the Nevadian wonder if he had wasted his time even coming to enter the 'fray' to begin with.

"Well.....I suppose if it was important, they'd be more worked up, wouldn't they?" Held admitted, rubbing his chin in thought, "And it's not like Jinzi wouldn't call me if there's anything actually requiring my attention...."

From Helds tone of voice, it was clear that he was looking for reasons not to head Jack's council, as opposed to the opposite.

"I mean, Jagam is dead, from the looks of it, Ishtar is doing---I don't know--something, with that witch now.....Hmm."

He pursed his lips together in thought. He was indeed quite bored. He had been circling the lookout for this very reason, hadn't he? And no sooner than the moment he finds something to do, a supposed 'emergency' appeared. Which, while thrilling for the 30 seconds in which he faced a very mortal danger of being forced to crash his own ship, had vanished, leaving the bored restless energy once more.

"....Okay, let me check my mood thermometer to be sure." Held explained, looking out the window for something in particular.

"Well, Zao is good." Held said with a laugh, flashing a wide smile, "I guess that means we're good to go, then....Any ideas?"

Maybe Jack will be able to help me figure out what the hell to do on this planet now that I've got nothing but time to spare....I didn't think I'd be on vacation so soon, but screw it, I deserve a little fun now and then, right?
    "Nevadian," Blizzar's voice called out, hovering over towards Held, his hands behind his back. "Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you are Held, yes?" The lieutenant asked cordially.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What?

Sarada had been paying close attention, yet still managed to get lost. Anula just... forgot who Auroc was? She was pretty sure people didn't just forget the gods they worshiped. Unless this was an elaborate act so well done it managed to fool literally everyone, something wasn't right.

Auroc must have tampered with her mind in some way, wiped all memory of him from her brain or some shit. That was the only way to explain how or why this was happening. She wasn't sure if this constituted him going back on his agreement with Ishtar, but he certainly didn't honor the letter or spirit of the agreement. How could she learn about him if the one person among them who knew of him no longer remembered him?

It was stupid.

This entire ordeal was stupid and she just wanted to find a bed a lay down.

But first, I need to speak with Jinzi.

She had a thought about the run of "bad luck" Earth had been suffering recently. If she could convince the ruler of this world to form an alliance with the Saiyans, they could help fend off any invading force that decided that Earth would make a nice trophy for whatever reason. Sarada was already fighting for Earth despite not having anything to do with it; at least this was, she could make it official and not have to make excuses for every time she had to leave because something else was going wrong.

Besides, it was time to try and find some kind of allies out there to help change the perception of Saiyans in the universe. If people saw them helping instead of hurting, then that would be irrefutable evidence that they were serious about their reform.

"I need to talk to Jinzi about getting me a meeting with this planet's ruler," she said, mainly to herself.
    "Highness, before you do that, we need to have a talk," came Tasure's voice from behind her. "You too, son, get your ass over here."

Totoma, a curious expression on his face, floated over to his mother's side. "So... something wrong?"

Tasure took a deep breath. "You both need to stop relying on the Hitozaru form. I've... suspected it for quite some time, but recently our friends on Turrip helped me confirm that it has... long-term side-effects. They're minor at first, and I don't think any of you will experience anything more than an annoying backlash, but if the technique is used regularly... it could lead to permanent ki damage. Or worse."

She crossed her arms and shook her head. "So, for both your sakes... only use it if you absolutely must. I would hate to see two bright young stars snuffed out because of a faulty technique of mine." She would contact Mato later to inform him, since he was the only other user of the Hitozaru... well, besides Parsley.

Totoma groaned. "Geez, seriously? I mean... hm..." The young man paused. "I... guess this means we can draw out and enjoy the fights now!"

This garnered a chuckle from his mother. "Yeah, that's one way to look at it. Still, I suppose this might be what Vocado meant when he told me not to rely on it. Called it a 'cheap party trick'."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-11-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The Arcosian GP Liutenant looked on as the defenders of Earth returned. He had many questions as to exactly what sort of danger they had faced, though from their conversations it was clear that they were of the magical variety, particularly that of the Threshlings. The drones had no such defense against this, but the robotic warriors to be deployed on Earth were equipped to deal with such mystical threats.

For now, however, Blizzar supposed he had a meeting with the President of Earth to prepare for. A man that the Queen of the Saiyans also seemed interested in meeting. Blizzar chuckled to himself slightly. This trip to Earth may prove amusing more amusing than he thought.

Before he began preparations, there were other matters to attend to, however...

"Nevadian," Blizzar's voice called out, hovering over towards Held, his hands behind his back. "Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you are Held, yes?" The lieutenant asked cordially.
    "Eh?"

His train of thought swiftly broken by the unfamiliar voice, Held arched an eyebrow as he glanced out the transparent windows of his ship.

"This day is certainly full of surprises, eh Jack?" Held asked, more a rhetorical question than anything else. Pushing a button, the immaculately sealed windows of the helm popped and hissed, before sliding down into the ship.

Held looked over the newcomer. It was one of the..... Whatever Koorimaru's people were called, and one unfamiliar to the Nevadian, but who seemed to be familiar with him. He couldn't imagine what business the two of them had to conduct at present, but there was hardly any harm in finding out. Politeness was never a bad thing, after all.

I really can't keep up with how many people come and go from the lookout...I really need to keep a roster on this ship, or something.

"Yes sir, Held Debon, at your service." He replied with a polite nod, "...I don't believe I had the pleasure, Mr.....?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Highness, before you do that, we need to have a talk," came Tasure's voice from behind here. "You too, son, because this involves you as well."

Totoma, a curious expression on his face, walked over to his mother's side. "So... something wrong."

Tasure took a deep breath. "You both need to stop relying on the Hitozaru form. I've... suspected it for quite some time, but recently our friends on Turrip helped me confirm that it has... long-term side-effects. They're minor at first, and I don't think any of you will experience anything more than an annoying backlash, but if the technique is used regularly... it could lead to permanent ki damage."

She crossed her arms and shook her head. "So, for both your sakes... only use it if you absolutely must. I would hate to see two bright young stars snuffed out because of a faulty technique of mine." She would contact Mato later to inform him, since he was the only other user of the Hitozaru... well, besides Parsley.

Totoma groaned. "Geez, seriously? I mean... hm..." The young man paused. "I... guess this means we can draw out and enjoy the fights now!"

This garnered a chuckle from his mother. "Yeah, that's one way to look at it. Still, I suppose this might be what Vocado meant when he told me not to rely on it. Called it a 'party trick'."
    This... this was not good. The bulk of Sarada's combat power came from Hitozaru. It was how she was easily able to pass the one million threshold that no Saiyan since the days of Vocado had been able to reach.

She frowned, silently thinking it over.

While she wasn't completely useless, she was no longer the the overwhelming powerhouse she had been just mere minutes ago. Without Hitozaru -- except for the most dire of circumstances -- she would have to rely on the others and her own skills more than she had in the past.

Hm.

She had been relying on sheer offensive might for far too long. To the point that she had neglected to even train some of her more underused abilities.

So, maybe... while this was extremely inconveniencing and would make future battles that much more difficult, it was a blessing in disguise?

"You know what?" she spoke after thinking it over as thoroughly as she could. "This might be a good thing. Like you said, Hitozaru is just a crutch. I have a ton of techniques that I haven't used in ages simply because I haven't needed to. With this, it's back to basics. Coming up with another power boost won't be an issue. Plus, I'm bound to become a Super Saiyan at some point, so this is really only a temporary set-back."

The more she thought about it, the less it seemed like a major concern.

She was sure that line of thought would change drastically once she fought someone for the first time without it. Oh well, it was an exciting prospect, having to beat someone with skill instead of power.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As swiftly as the great Eye of Auroc fell in their midst it had fled. The sun shone ever clearer among the shattered peak, and what once was the site of slavish providence resumed itself apart from the Threshling god's emergence.

The wind's hollow whistle through the trees and snow reached Ochazuke, who released a low sigh. Rising to his feet once more, the cold air carried clouded breath as it nipped at his lungs, chill coursing through his body.

Anula's overseer had been magnanimous to enough to share his bounty with the Earth. All of them having rejected this Threshling gift in unison, however, would not go unanswered.

That which evades understanding invites only greater efforts to unveil it.

His blood carried with it dull, raw aching from where it fell and sunk into the upturned soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Anula was his supplicant, there was a connection he could capatilize on and she had no way to defend herself." Ishtar replied. "She has -- and the other Threshling have as well, I suspect -- offered themselves willingly."

The Oni shrugged.

"It seems to me however, the deal we struck is one he has attempted to weasle his way out of. I suspect however, that given I yet bear this mark ... he will resist giving up on me, so easily. Which is fine. I have what I need to hunt him to ground."
    "Curiouser and curiouser," Zaofan says, using his thumb to rub the area between his chin and lower lip. "This is very concerning. That is, if we take her at face value."

Zaofan turns his back to Anula, addressing Ishtar and the group discreetly, in a voice with a low enough volume that hovers above whisper. "If we're to take her at her word, then why would Auroc choose her as a vessel? Clearly she has her own powers, but if this is her honest self, then she has no knowledge of Auroc or his religion. What would make her his target?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Threshling...Threshling.....yes! I’m a Threshling! My name is.....Anula? That sounds right. I’m supposed to teach my magic, I think. Otherwise no, I don’t remember any of you. Are you my friends?”
    The trepidation still near to his heart, the Threshling god would seize upon his reckoning, and so long as he had bound a vessel, he could render is presence at any time.

Slowly he made his way to the others, finding Zaofan, Ishtar, and Auroc's faithful servant, she who professed the sweeping scale and deathly weight of his love. And now, her reward for the length of her devotion and holding the spirit within her...

"He did not leave," he said. "Only for the moment diminished his full gaze."

Turning to Ishtar he continued, "that mark you bear is not the only marker of your dangerous compact. The game may be played at a different level."

Ochazuke looked over Anula. Reduced to this precocious state, the Priestess was little more than one Threshling alone. Cast off, adrift.

With an idle touch she rendered rock to a fine cloth, and his eyes widened.

"You've traveled the Earth on a path of multiple disciplines. Among all of us, you know best Zaofan," he said. Warily parting his view from Anula he asked, "why do we place our belief in others?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-11-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Eh?"

His train of thought swiftly broken by the unfamiliar voice, Held arched an eyebrow as he glanced out the transparent windows of his ship.

"This day is certainly full of surprises, eh Jack?" Held asked, more a rhetorical question than anything else. Pushing a button, the immaculately sealed windows of the helm popped and hissed, before sliding down into the ship.

Held looked over the newcomer. It was one of the..... Whatever Koorimaru's people were called, and one unfamiliar to the Nevadian, but who seemed to be familiar with him. He couldn't imagine what business the two of them had to conduct at present, but there was hardly any harm in finding out. Politeness was never a bad thing, after all.

I really can't keep up with how many people come and go from the lookout...I really need to keep a roster on this ship, or something.

"Yes sir, Held Debon, at your service." He replied with a polite nod, "...I don't believe I had the pleasure, Mr.....?"
    "Not face to face, no," Blizzar spoke, as one of the drones approached him, hovering over his shoulder as it produced a holographic badge. "Liutenant Blizzar of the Galaxy Police. And I believe with introductions out of the way, I should get straight to the point. You have quite the extensive record with the Galaxy Police and while I understand you've had...dealings with us before, in light of your aid in the defense of Earth and it's people from numerous threats, I don't see why that record shouldn't be wiped clean entirely. It's only fair, is it not?"