Page 359 of 782 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh replies to this " saying yes but Replita name Killrog has taking over my people's kingdom." "oh and this place. " this lookout remains me of the Goddess Zykona's Gukraimano in which she resides at." " you do appear to be wear clothing that is similar to hers but different."

Praxat replies to this saying " yeah she's the future Queen of my people alright and is the only member of the royal Toadian family still alive." " as for this Zykona person Qaztoh mention she's supposed to be this all powerful goddess, however that is a straight up lie."

"it is my belief that Zykona the one on planet who claims to be this great goddess is just like you." " I believe she is the Guardian of my home planet Qacriea." " I figure as much when she didn't give any aid during the fight against Jagam, and I was that post apocalyptic world with the others." " she was unable to contact me."

" that prove to me that Zykona is fraud and is acting like she's more important than she really is." " my people worship her and we are required to read and cite her commandments every day." " however I begun to sense a pattern ." " so in my head I remove some commandments and rearranged what I got was this."

" you shall obey Zykona." " I came to the conclusion in my head that her Zykona's commandments were actually a form of brainwashing and that she's been brainwash my people for over a millennium." " if Zykona the one who clams to be this great goddess is indeed a Guardian like you." " than I believe she's stepping out of line."
    Eva frowns.

“That is a grevious breach of a Guardian’s duty. The exact opposite. Do you believe she had something to do with your planet being conquered?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

At some point, back at CC, Jinzi walkd over to the suit he made and narrows his eyes.

The compulsion. He grits his teeth and starts talking as he pushes the button.

“Know that if you do anything to hurt those I care about, I have several methods of not only stopping that suit remotely, but of trapping you in it permanently. You’ve been warned.”

He steps back after the button is pushed.

OT:
    There you go, Sandman!
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Zaofan, you discover that the flower you are looking for is in the Pazou Mountains.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Far away once more, amidst ancient shipyards and ancient technology, the Doctor works. Ships are created, weapons powered up, and old secrets once buried returned. He finished upgrading Kenbo, who though a disappointment was still an effective tool. And his new upgrades would make him more...compliant.

A soft thump as something lands behind him, followed by the soft click and hinged sound of feet makes him turn his head to his other.....children.

The were-Saiyan, a hybrid the Doctor has created, was a loyal hound. A combination of three deadly races, his potential was nearly endless.

The other, a cyborg created from Arcosian and Threshling parts, combined with human technology, was equally deadly as her “brother”, only far more graceful and clever. While Haru was a wolf, to be unleashed on his opponents, Glacia was deadly and deliberate.

“Father, shall Kenbo be done soon?”

Glacia’s cool voice echoes across the lab as Haru nods, looking around. The Doctor nods.

“Yes, Kenbo is finished. Any problems from earlier....should be fixed.”

With a final gesture, the robotic Samurai stands, his form animated slightly. He nods.

“Father...Master, How may I serve?”

Gone is the hestitant tone Shiro and Midori had met, the honorable adversary. In its place is a loyal servent to its master through an through.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar suddenly finds herself in a waiting room, and older Oni she recognizes sitting behind a desk, doing paperwork.

Shek’hinah is also there, smiling.

“Hello dear!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar suddenly finds herself in a waiting room, and older Oni she recognizes sitting behind a desk, doing paperwork.

Shek’hinah is also there, smiling.

“Hello dear!”
    On route to where she'd sensed Sarada, Ishtar found herself swiftly -- and even effortlessly -- plucked and deposited somewhere she had not been in ... a very long time.

Or at least she assumed as much, there was after all only one ...

"Ms. Landinghorn ?"

Steated behind the desk, there was no one else the elder Oni could have been. How passing strange, it is to be back ...
    It wasn't a moment later however, that Shek'hinah spoke up, and so turning away from the Oni secretary, Ishtar offered her mother a small smile.

"Hello. I assume it is time to meet, er ... Sihn ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    On route to where she'd sensed Sarada, Ishtar found herself swiftly -- and even effortlessly -- plucked and deposited somewhere she had not been in ... a very long time.

Or at least she assumed as much, there was after all only one ...

"Ms. Landinghorn ?"

Steated behind the desk, there was no one else the elder Oni could have been. How passing strange, it is to be back ...
    It wasn't a moment later however, that Shek'hinah spoke up, and so turning away from the Oni secretary, Ishtar offered her mother a small smile.

"Hello. I assume it is time to meet, er ... Sihn ?"
    She smirks and gestures towards the door, which she starts moving to.

“Indeed. Time to say hello.”

Ishtar would notice that Landinghorn was actually smiling, and seemed quite pleased to see Shek’hinah. Makes sense, she was probably one of the only Oni still around that remembered her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She smirks and gestures towards the door, which she starts moving to.

“Indeed. Time to say hello.”

Ishtar would notice that Landinghorn was actually smiling, and seemed quite pleased to see Shek’hinah. Makes sense, she was probably one of the only Oni still around that remembered her.
    Following after Shek’hinah, Ishtar nodded as her mother explained; only to slow slightly at the sight of Ms. Landinghorn was smiling. And while the golden-eyed Oni's memory of this place was ... patchwork at best, she knew for sure she had never seen the secretary smile so fondly.

"I will remember this, Ms. Landinghorn."

Thoughts returning to the task at hand however, Ishtar cleared her throat and asked her mother,

"Is there anything I should know before meeting this man ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

At some point, back at CC, Jinzi walkd over to the suit he made and narrows his eyes.

The compulsion. He grits his teeth and starts talking as he pushes the button.

“Know that if you do anything to hurt those I care about, I have several methods of not only stopping that suit remotely, but of trapping you in it permanently. You’ve been warned.”

He steps back after the button is pushed.

OT:
    There you go, Sandman!
    "Warned?" A voice Jinzi had never heard, thundering and serene, whispered in his head. He felt the loving caress of some unearthly, hideous thing against the side of his face. A caress that existed only in his mind, but he could feel on his flesh as if it were really happening. For the first time the force that had guided his hand made its true presence known.....though the man had surmised its existence already. "....they give you peace.....your threats? Your....failsafes? Good.....Good.......I enjoyed your peaceful mind most of all. I will allow it."

The panel above the suit blinked. "Trans-Dimensional Bridge Established. Venting Atmosphere." With a hiss, whatever remained inside the suit was vented forcefully from several connected lines. "Suit Clear - Creating Suit Environment"

The presence left Jinzis mind, the compulsion with it. All was past the point of no return now. The suit began to fill and take ship, its nanocite liquid skin shining and molding as something otherworldly slipped in...giving the visage of a writing mass beneth the skin for barely a moment before it expanded and took on a more humanoid shape within its confines.

Once it had filled out, the skin molded and took on color. The suit spred out into a much larger...yet still humanoid shape to compensate for the size of whatever had taken root. When the process had completed, the now human shaped suit sat up from the table as the cables connecting it snapped off.

Its movement was still jerky, but the 6 foot *female* skinsuit seemed to be in the process of acclimating to its new owner. With a jerk, its head turned to the inventor, an eye in its head swiveling awkwardly downwards before being corrected by something on the inside.

Then it opened its mouth.....and a torrent of distorted *sound* came pouring out that made Jinzi cover his near bleeding ears.

*Inventor......this voice is insufficient to communicate.....I desire another.* The voice whispered in his head again.

Following after Shek’hinah, Ishtar nodded as her mother explained; only to slow slightly at the sight of Ms. Landinghorn was smiling. And while the golden-eyed Oni's memory of this place was ... patchwork at best, she knew for sure she had never seen the secretary smile so fondly.

"I will remember this, Ms. Landinghorn."

Thoughts returning to the task at hand however, Ishtar cleared her throat and asked her mother,

"Is there anything I should know before meeting this man ?"
    The secretary grins and waves them through as Shek’hinah laughs softly.

“He’s.....different.”

They enter into a nice office and sitting behind the desk, drink in hand and feet on the table, is Sihn.

He looks surprised to see them.

“Well we’ll, if it isn’t Ishtar and the Goddess of the Underworld. Please, have a seat. Always a pleasure to see you, Sheki. Been a while.”

Shek’hinah smirks and takes a seat.

“Being Dead didn’t agree with me, so I came back. You look good behind the desk, Sihn.”

The man laughs and shakes his head.

“Not likely, but thanks all the same.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash's blue aura flared up as she reached out to him, "Zaofan! Let's show her how fast we are." As she approached, she activated Binding Friendship which doubles each of their power levels and combines their powers. As she did, a whirlwind formed around Dash (Accelerator + Pegasus Summons the Whirlwind) as her speed increased, as she blitzed Parsley. The wind she generated pushed hard against the Saiyan.
    As Parsley awaited Zaofan's next move, a new player entered the board. Dash came guns blazing, already pushing against Parsley with a swirling torrent of solid wind.

The Saiyan braced herself, and was even pushed back as her feet skidded backward from the force of the wind.

"You're late," she commented, not the least bit concerned or even bothered that it was two on one. "I'll have to try a little now."

Parsley's PL suddenly doubled.

With the extra power at her disposal, she easily pushed through the whirlwind and caught Dash with a right hook to the jaw. "When I say dawn," she kicked her through a palm tree, "I mean dawn."

OOC: Prodigy'sTalent x2 is now active. Current PL is now 140K
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Warned?" A voice Jinzi had never heard, thundering and serene, whispered in his head. He felt the loving caress of some unearthly, hideous thing against the side of his face. A caress that existed only in his mind, but he could feel on his flesh as if it were really happening. For the first time the force that had guided his hand made its true presence known.....though the man had surmised its existence already. "....they give you peace.....your threats? Your....failsafes? Good.....Good.......I enjoyed your peaceful mind most of all. I will allow it."

The panel above the suit blinked. "Trans-Dimensional Bridge Established. Venting Atmosphere." With a hiss, whatever remained inside the suit was vented forcefully from several connected lines. "Suit Clear - Creating Suit Environment"

The presence left Jinzis mind, the compulsion with it. All was past the point of no return now. The suit began to fill and take ship, its nanocite liquid skin shining and molding as something otherworldly slipped in...giving the visage of a writing mass beneth the skin for barely a moment before it expanded and took on a more humanoid shape within its confines.

Once it had filled out, the skin molded and took on color. The suit spred out into a much larger...yet still humanoid shape to compensate for the size of whatever had taken root. When the process had completed, the now human shaped suit sat up from the table as the cables connecting it snapped off.

Its movement was still jerky, but the 6 foot *female* skinsuit seemed to be in the process of acclimating to its new owner. With a jerk, its head turned to the inventor, an eye in its head swiveling awkwardly downwards before being corrected by something on the inside.

Then it opened its mouth.....and a torrent of distorted *sound* came pouring out that made Jinzi cover his near bleeding ears.

*Inventor......this voice is insufficient to communicate.....I desire another.* The voice whispered in his head again.
    Jinzi shows an impressive display of will, narrowing his eyes and gritting his teeth even as his ears bleed. Walking over he taps a few controls on a data pad.

“Try that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The secretary grins and waves them through as Shek’hinah laughs softly.

“He’s.....different.”

They enter into a nice office and sitting behind the desk, drink in hand and feet on the table, is Sihn.

He looks surprised to see them.

“Well we’ll, if it isn’t Ishtar and the Goddess of the Underworld. Please, have a seat. Always a pleasure to see you, Sheki. Been a while.”

Shek’hinah smirks and takes a seat.

“Being Dead didn’t agree with me, so I came back. You look good behind the desk, Sihn.”

The man laughs and shakes his head.

“Not likely, but thanks all the same.”
    Ishtar nodded.

"I see."

In stepping through the doorway however, the Oni quickly realized what Shek’hinah had meant. The man was drinking -- from the smell, alcohol -- and had his feet propped upon the desk. How ...

"... different." Taking a moment to let her mother, and 'uncle' converse, Ishtar composed herself before offering the man a bow.

"It is, uh ... good to meet you. Though it seems you know far more of me, than I of you. I have many questions."

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar nodded.

"I see."

In stepping through the doorway however, the Oni quickly realized what Shek’hinah had meant. The man was drinking -- from the smell, alcohol -- and had his feet propped upon the desk. How ...

"... different." Taking a moment to let her mother, and 'uncle' converse, Ishtar composed herself before offering the man a bow.

"It is, uh ... good to meet you. Though it seems you know far more of me, than I of you. I have many questions."
    Sihn laughs and offers her a drink.

“Ask away.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Zaofan, you discover that the flower you are looking for is in the Pazou Mountains.
    Flashback: The night before

In his bedroom, Zaofan dripped with sweat after doing countless push-ups, thousands of sit-ups, and drinking PLENTY of juice. His concerns from before didn't fade away, but seemed to become easier to manage. But just as he finished his last rep, something akin to a shower thought began to clear his mind -- he was ready to embark on a journey, but journeys often have markers. Journeys are filled with signs. Those signs are sometimes stop lights themselves, green yellow red. Even if he knew where to go, he wondered how many stop lights he'd come across.

And if I go, that's a green light. Crimson Sapphire are shades of red. There's got to be a yellow somewhere....WAIT.

He leaped up from the floor and went to the stack of books on his desk, thumbing through the index of a larger book. "Yellow River? no. Yellow Fields? no. Yellow Island? no. Yellow Brick Road? get it together, Zao." None of those places would do.

But what if 'yellow' was too basic? He tried shifting languages. "Pazou -- a romanticization of the word 'yellow' in other languages." He searches for Pazou Mountain. "Got it!"

He picks up another book, and lays it next to the first book with its index open. He thumbs through its contents, looking for more specific regions. "Pazou... Pazou... Pazou Mountain!"

Lastly, he then opens up a third book, pushing them to the side, and searches for an entry on Pazou Mountain, and flips to the proper page. Without reference to anywhere else -- even that book's own index -- he finally finds three simple words:
    "Crimson. Sapphire! FLOWER!!!"

He circled the page with a marker, and then proceeded to jump up and down in glee. "YES! That recipe is MINE! HAHAH!"

After he keeps his commitments, Zaofan promises himself that he will prioritize traveling to Pazou Mountain to find the Crimson Sapphire Flower.