Page 38 of 782 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Two die almost instantly as Ishtar manages to capture one alive.

Meanwhile, Jinzi gasps aloud as energy surges into him via Adam.

“Holy hell what the frack happened!? Why am I strapped down!? Why do I smell burning meat!?”

Jinzi pants, eyes a bit wide.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Remain still." Adam withdraws from Jinzi and begins carefully removing the machines. "Meagan please exercise caution embracing him."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“Holy hell what the frack happened!? Why am I strapped down!? Why do I smell burning meat!?”

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "Remain still." Adam withdraws from Jinzi and begins carefully removing the machines. "Meagan please exercise caution embracing him."

As soon as Adam was clear, it was all that Meagan could do to keep from throwing herself at him. Instead, she quickly began to remove the bonds that held him, down, only stopping to wipe the tears from her face. "Thank the Goddess your alive, I though I lost you."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Those are all good questions we would like to have answers to as well," Slak says as he comes into the room. His eyes lock onto the remaining space goblin. "Give me a second."

Slak quickly starts invading its mind in search of answers.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi manages to keep his feet.

“All I smell is burning and I feel like how my geofront looks.”

He looks at Adam and Meagan.

“Adam, thank you. You always have my back. And Meagan....”

He reaches out an gingerly brings her in for a lite hug, wincing only a bit.

“You look awesome in that armor.”

He tries to grin charmingly, and she can see his relief at seeing her in his eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi manages to keep his feet.

“All I smell is burning and I feel like how my geofront looks.”

He looks at Adam and Meagan.

“Adam, thank you. You always have my back. And Meagan....”

He reaches out an gingerly brings her in for a lite hug, wincing only a bit.

“You look awesome in that armor.”

He tries to grin charmingly, and she can see his relief at seeing her in his eyes.
    Her throat catches with emotion as she trues to speak, "Dummy, you nearly die but you still think about others. That's why I love you Jinzi, just don't ever do this again." her eyes moist as she looks up at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Those are all good questions we would like to have answers to as well," Slak says as he comes into the room. His eyes lock onto the remaining space goblin. "Give me a second."

"Please find out what it did with my amulet. Also, my arm." Ishtar commented, sagging a little bit after her expenditure of energy to bind the creature. "Though ... I would very much like the amulet back, I can always re-summon the arm."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

P-Sta lowered his head and sighed, "At least one was left alive..."

"Refrain from..." It glances at Meagan. "Strenuous activity for three days."
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar smiled softly, and offered Sarada the slightest of nods. "I am yours, for as long as you will have me."
    Her grin remained, but inwardly, she knew that Ishtar knew that this thing between them wouldn't last.

Well, there was no point in dwelling on the inevitable. She was going to enjoy Ishtar for however much longer she could have her. After that, she could only hope there was no animosity or hurt between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Please find out what it did with my amulet. Also, my arm." Ishtar commented, sagging a little bit after her expenditure of energy to bind the creature. "Though ... I would very much like the amulet back, I can always re-summon the arm."
    The fight ended within seconds, with two dying nearly instantly while the third was saved only because Ishtar desired answers. Specifically, the location(s) of her amulet and arm. While important to her personally, Sarada had something else in mind. "And find out what these fucks did with Eva and Ronin."

She refused to believe Eva was dead. These clowns weren't strong enough to kill her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"If you need any help persuading it to think right, let me know," Charco said, looking to the corpses of the two with a dejected look. The others had fallen on them so fast that he didn't even get a chance to throw a punch.

"Refrain from..." It glances at Meagan. "Strenuous activity for three days."
    Meagan gave him a wry smile, but said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her grin remained, but inwardly, she knew that Ishtar knew that this thing between them wouldn't last.

Well, there was no point in dwelling on the inevitable. She was going to enjoy Ishtar for however much longer she could have her. After that, she could only hope there was no animosity or hurt between them.

The fight ended within seconds, with two dying nearly instantly while the third was saved only because Ishtar desired answers. Specifically, the location(s) of her amulet and arm. While important to her personally, Sarada had something else in mind. "And find out what these fucks did with Eva and Ronin."

She refused to believe Eva was dead. These clowns weren't strong enough to kill her.
    "I'd like for us to get out of here, but we do need our belongings as well as answers." She then looked at the surviving Space Imp,."Are you going to talk, or are you going to die?"

He does just that, revealing a room with two tubes, Midori and Shiro being drained in them.

Alongside the draining equipment Adam also notices dissection equipment meant for mechanical parts.
    "Piston-Driven Megaton Hammer!" Adam slams two spikes battering rams into the equipment around the tubes, tearing out and internal components it can reach. "They...will...DIE for this."
    Shiro and Midori are freed of the tubes.
    Midori's eyes snapped open and she looked around in confusion as she muttered "Wha 'appened? Where's future Shiro and computer me? I wanted to ask if we ever found anyone special like Sarada wants with Ishtar and Jack?" As she took in her surroundings, Midori frowned as she asked "Wait a minute, where are we?"

Looking around herself, Shiro answered "From the looks of things, we were locked in tubes and forced into a simulation for some purpose."

Midori finally noticed Adam and asked "Hey Adam, did you free us? And do you know why we were locked in these tubes and put in The Matrix?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I'd like for us to get out of here, but we do need our belongings as well as answers." She then looked at the surviving Space Imp,."Are you going to talk, or are you going to die?"
    Not waiting for a response, "Answer us! What the heck are you doing on Earth? Where are we? Why and how did you capture us? Are there more of you? Who the [un-translatable] are you?" Meagan stared down the Imp, if he had any doubt she would rip him apart with her bare hands, her look says otherwise.